PDA

View Full Version : Princess eucalyptus lotion and shampoo?

amonorzo
June 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Does Princess still provide the eucalyptus scented lotion, shampoo and conditioner in your room and in the spa?

I remember it from my 2006 cruise. That was good stuff. :)

I will be on a cruise in August and don't want to get my hopes up high if they no longer have it.

Thanks,

Ann

tvaud
June 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Does Princess still provide the eucalyptus scented lotion, shampoo and conditioner in your room and in the spa?

I will be on a cruise in August and don't want to get my hopes up high if they no longer have it.

Thanks,

Ann

They had it in October....I would think that you would have it on your cruise in August as well.:)

paul929207
June 13th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Thanks,

Ann
We had it in our cabin in February & March on the Pacific Princess.

venusbello1
June 13th, 2009, 09:18 PM
on the Star in May!

OCruisers
June 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
We had it in February on Emerald. Especially, like the lotion! :)

amonorzo
June 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I hope they keep it. I must admit, the lotion was a factor in choosing Princess for my cruise.

Ann

seadeck2
June 13th, 2009, 10:37 PM
It was in the rooms on the Sapphire in April. The bath gel is nice in the tub.

MMEPhilly
June 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
When I saw this topic in the headline, I had to laugh! I am sooooo glad to know I am not the only one in love with these products on Princess. I horded the ones we got in our Cabin on our South America/Antarctica cruise in 2008 and brought them home. It filled two large Ziplocs! I still have them over a year later, as I only bring them out and use them on special occassions. I can't wait to get more on my Princess cruise next summer!

On a side note, if you really like these products check out Bath and Body Works' Eucalyptus Spearmint line... it is similar (and will hold you over until your next Princess cruise!)

Sandytoes
June 14th, 2009, 12:51 AM

Yes!!
When is your cruise?
I am sailing on the 13th.

ore-ee-gun
June 14th, 2009, 02:22 AM
We had them on the Golden last week. They are OK, but I prefer the citrus scented Elemis products that HAL provides.

Joy R
June 14th, 2009, 07:28 AM
on the Star in May!

Hey, tell me about the Star (by the way, I totally agree with all the posters - that lotion is great, and we too have saved it since our cruise in December.)

We're going on the Star this coming December - sorry, would have liked to join old friends on the Coral, but the lure of South America was too great! How did you find the Star in comparison with the Coral and the Royal, the two we've been on previously? I'd be grateful for any information!

Colo Cruiser
June 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Yes they still have it. :)

MaryPoppinz
June 14th, 2009, 03:27 PM
]On a side note, if you really like these products check out Bath and Body Works' Eucalyptus Spearmint line... it is similar (and will hold you over until your next Princess cruise!)

Great tip -- I'll have to check that out. I love the lotion, and that is a B&BW fragrance that I probably would have never checked out otherwise! Thanks!

Putterdude
June 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think that they are stock items that are in every cabin.

JudithLynne
June 14th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I also bring several of the eucalyptus items home and when I use them, it reminds me of being on a cruise. I especially like the soap.

leavitt1
June 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
In our cabin on the Grand in January 2008, there was this great Caress body wash with Japanese infused oil. I loved it and was able to find it once in the store when I returned home (Target!), but now it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know i this has been discontinued?

Thanks,
Michelle

amonorzo
June 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I leave August 23 on the north bound Alaska Inside passage tour on the Coral.

I am already planning on leaving space in my luggage for the lotion. If I recall, I think you can buy bottles of lotion at the Spa. Is that correct?

Ann

TorontoTL
June 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM
The nice thing too is that they now come in bottles rather than the packets they used to come in for everyone.

mii
June 15th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I guess I am the only one that does not like the lotion. I just got off of the Golden last month and the lotion was so thick that I could not even get the lotion out of the bottle and I practically stood on the bottle to get it a tiny amout out. It is just too darn thick for me and that is not the only time I have had the problem. but now I do love the Shower Gel. Now that is one of my very favorites of the whole line.

Marilyn

PhoneGoddess
June 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I wish that they would provide an alternative for those of us that are allergic to eucalyptus. :( That Caress body wash with Japanese infused oil sounds really nice! :D

bjboothman
June 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Great tip -- I'll have to check that out. I love the lotion, and that is a B&BW fragrance that I probably would have never checked out otherwise! Thanks!

Yes, MMEPhilly, thanks for the tip and I agree with Mary Poppinz. I believe B&BW is having some special June sales where they carry items they don't carry during other parts of the year (or at least that's what a salesperson told me - I was looking for a scent that is no longer carried in the store).

I also hoard my Princess products and bring one of them out between cruises when I want to spark a good memory.

JudithLynne
June 15th, 2009, 10:33 AM
In our cabin on the Grand in January 2008, there was this great Caress body wash with Japanese infused oil. I loved it and was able to find it once in the store when I returned home (Target!), but now it is nowhere to be found. Does anyone know i this has been discontinued?

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle,

I just hate it when a cosmetic item that I like is discontinued. What I have found is that you can find those items at drugstore.com. I use that website all the time when my favorite items are discontinued. I order in bulk not only to stock up, but also to get the free shipping.

Hope this helps….

Judith

Sandytoes
June 15th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I wish that they would provide an alternative for those of us that are allergic to eucalyptus.
I agree.
I'm not fond of the Eucalyptus scent.

Mizwoodym
June 15th, 2009, 10:46 AM
The Star Princess had that lotion last month.. it smells great.
I have also used ebay to find items that have been discontinued. Bath and body works used to carry a lemon grass lotion in the summer. I loved the smell and it worked great as a mosquito repellent. Of course, they dont carry it anymore.... and ive found it on ebay.

boating girl
June 15th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'm another fan of their eucalyptus line. I also brought home the extras from our cabin. They apparently found a line of products that passengers are really enjoying.

Treven
June 15th, 2009, 11:39 AM
It was in my cabin on the Emerald, in April. I took the bottles home with me.

MMEPhilly
June 23rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
To those who responded to my previous post about B&BW's Eucalyptus Spearmint line, yes, it is on sale this June... I think it is by two and get two free... anything in the line... liquid hand soap, lotion, room spray, pillow spray (love it!), etc. They also make it in a travel size, so it is airline friendly. I think it also comes in a shampoo.
I have tried several other brands that offer a eucalyptus scent and this one is closest to the Princess ones...
P.S. I think someone also mentioned that the eucalyptus line is for sale in the spas on board? Can anyone confirm this? That would be wonderful if that is the case!!! Would love that!!!

phillipahain
June 23rd, 2009, 03:56 AM
Eucalyptus Shampoo etc was still being supplied 10 days ago when we got off the Grand

My Grandchildren love the stuff because the Eucalyptus in it keeps nits at bay

Dorset Cruiser
June 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Don't use the shampoo on my hair but it makes a great detergent for rinsing our our 'smalls':D

Cruisers from WA
June 23rd, 2009, 11:17 AM
It was on the Grand in April, the Star in May and the Coral N bound to Whittier Alaska in May....

I always take it home and give it to the local food bank....as shampoo and lotions cannot be purchased with food stamps...helps someone out....:)

jagsfan
June 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
It was on the Grand in April, the Star in May and the Coral N bound to Whittier Alaska in May....

I always take it home and give it to the local food bank....as shampoo and lotions cannot be purchased with food stamps...helps someone out....:)

Good for you. We always save hotel and cruises toiletries for our Mandarin Food Bank.
My daughter's neighborhood takes care of the homeless in St Augustine and collects
everything they can when they travel and then add a case of deodorant.

Mellow_yellow
June 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
We had the shampoo and body lotion too on our Dawn Princess ship cruise 23 May out of Sydney. Thought it was really good for my hair which I washed everyday. But you needed to use the conditioner as well.

I took a small bottle of concentrated eucalyptus with me as an all round cleaner, disinfectant, inhaler, final rinse additiative for clothes and general all round germ killer. I used it to clean toilet seats and you can even put it in a small spray bottle and use as spray against flu germs in rooms. :eek:

Glad to see that other people talk about it I was impressed with it.

Corinne Marie
June 23rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
I always bring home the shampoo, conditioners, and lotions and I also give it to a local women's shelter and they just love it. My cabin steward usually gives me extras and I collect all of the extras from our two cabins on every cruise. I feel like I am helping someone by giving these items away.:)