PDA

View Full Version : Passport status: How long until it was online?

mrsbean1990
June 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
The passport agent told us we could check the status online in 5-7 days.

The website says 7-10 days.

It's been over two weeks, and the status is still not online yet.

Someone on here said that their status was never online, even after they received their passports.

Anyone else have this experience?

I'm a worrier by nature...:o

cruise_pirate
June 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Yes after 2 weeks it said it was received then nothing more and we got them back about a week after that.. Don't know why they bother having it as an option when they do not update it..:rolleyes:

Lonnie

aggieastrosfan
June 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
USPS said it was delivered Saturday, by Monday I could see it had been received online. That's been it, though it's only been a couple weeks.

mrsbean1990
June 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I submitted mine at a passport office (at the post office), so I didn't mail it.

jerseygirl79
June 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I don't remember the online feature being very helpful. I just called them like a maniac, as they had difficulty verifying my mother and I had to send a slew of extra documentation. I'm sure they regretted that. I sent every piece of paper with her name on it, LOL.

luv2cruz66
June 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
My DH and I took DD and DS to the USPS last Friday for passports. Still nothing online. DH and I got ours last October in a week without expediting so I am hopeful it won't take too long.

halos
June 26th, 2009, 04:45 PM
My DD applied for a passport and had it in about 3 weeks.
her birth Certificate still hasn't returned as yet however. :rolleyes:

Manic Nirvana
June 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
My DH and I took DD and DS to the USPS last Friday for passports. Still nothing online. DH and I got ours last October in a week without expediting so I am hopeful it won't take too long.

Our six year old received his passport in 14 days; we got it the second week of June.

Ours were sent the same day (re-newals) and we haven't got ours back yet. It has only been 4 weeks though; I'm not worried yet. If I don't have it by the second week of July, I'll start sweating a little.

We sail 8-20.

luvmytbear
June 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Mine was one of those sent to me without ever showing up online. If you're really worried, just call. ;)

nlg2nlc
June 27th, 2009, 08:09 AM
My husband had to get a new passport before our vacation this summer. It took a week from submission before it appeared online. It arrived yesterday in the mail which was only 3 weeks from his application. It still says processing online however ;)

jkstoy
June 27th, 2009, 09:19 AM
It took 3 weeks for me to receive mine. After the 1st week went by, I registered my email on the website. Week 2nd, it showed that it was received and being processed. Week 3, I received an email that it was completed. 3 days later, it arrived in the mail. By the way, I applied on May 19th.

*jess*
June 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I think mine took a week to show online, I'm still waiting for it to come in, the website said it should be here by 06/28

NLuvWthCruisn
June 27th, 2009, 12:57 PM
My mother received hers 2 weeks and 4 days from time of sending in her application. I applied for daughters the next day so I wonder if I will get hers Monday. I know it said on website that DD is in process but it looks like the website is not too reliable from what I am seeing on here. Not worried though. My mom called me in excitement that she got hers. She is finally showing signs of excitement. This is her first vacation out of the US or to anywhere really.

joepeka
June 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yes after 2 weeks it said it was received then nothing more and we got them back about a week after that.. Don't know why they bother having it as an option when they do not update it..:rolleyes:

Lonnie
The web site inquiry is not useful at all. When we renewed DD's passport at the Post Office, I started checking the site a couple of weeks later and it never said anything more than it was received. When I called and asked, they admitted the web site is not updated very often. Nice feature. :mad:

mrsbean1990
June 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I finally received an email saying that my kids' were received, and it gave me passport locator numbers.

Now I'm just waiting on word on mine (submitted a week after theirs).

Tay-we
June 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
My son applied for his passport on June 10th, received confirmation today that is was received and being processed.

craigandjessica
June 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Ours never updated. I was planning on calling the customer service number our courthouse gave us but they ended up coming in the mail that same day. I was afraid they lost our application. I did watch our bank account and had seen they deducted the funds from our account and it was about 2 weeks later that we got them. It always said that there was no record when we tried to look it up online:confused:

Kisigi
June 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM
We brought our daughters to the post office to apply on June 6th. I checked status online about a week later and entered our email for status. Almost exactly 3 weeks later we received confirmation that they were in process. The website indicates normal (non-expedited) processing in the 4-6 week range so I'm not going to stress until mid-July.:)

MamaParrotHead
June 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Mine was showing up as scheduled. Both of my kids' this year didn't show up until they were SENT.

Miss Dot
June 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
My family applied last fall and we recieved our passports & birthcerificates together in approximately 14 days. My Mom applied for a passport card late in May...it states on-line that is is being processed. I registered my e-mail for an update, since we sail July 4th, it said I would get a response in 24-48 hours....it has been a week. The on-line service apparently is useless. I guess it will get here, when it gets here....good time they are not needed at this time.

mrsbean1990
June 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I think I am going to send off for a second copy of my birth certificate, just to be safe and have a back up plan.

gacat93
July 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM
We submitted our passport applications at our local clerk of courts office on May 29th. Within a little over a week it was showing as being processed online and that has never changed. All 4 of our passports arrived in the mail yesterday on July 3rd...so it took exactly 5 weeks to get them. I guess our birth certificates will probably arrive next week.

YellowBird06
April 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bumping the thread. We sail in a week on 4/24 and I applied for a passport and 3 Pass Cards for my kids on March 18th. The lady at the post office assured us that even though its currently taking 4-6 weeks officially, she said we would have them in 3 weeks tops.

Today is officially the beginning of week 4 and I am awaiting todays mail anxiously. My status online finally updated to processing just yesterday, but I called in twice in the past 2 weeks and they said it was processing. I'm hoping since it updated online after 4 weeks that hopefully it is being mailed soon. If I don't have it by next week, Wednesday the latest, I need to get down to the county-clerk and get copies of all the birth certificates stat.

Gecko7
April 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
We applied for my doughters for a school trip to Germany this summer on March 21st and recieved it in the mail yesterday April 14th. We did not expedite or do anything special. DFs did expedite and gothem in about 3 weeks. You might see them anytime now. Good Luck!

Geoff

YellowBird06
April 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm hoping its soon, starting to get nervous! :o

pattyfresh
April 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I applied March 18th as well and it took until a few days ago to be able to check online. Hopefully I get them soon, we leave May 9th.

YellowBird06
April 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi Pattyfresh,

Hope you gets your soon too! I'm still waiting for mine, it didn't show up yesterday, hoping today is my day.

Have a great cruise in May, I have 7 days to go and we're al really excited. :)

Shelbyjane56
April 16th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Someone on here said that their status was never online, even after they received their passports.

We renewed our daughters Passport and it arrived in less than 2 weeks

YellowBird06
April 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Here's an update, just received my passport yesterday, as mentioned before, I applied on March 18th. Still waiting for the PassCards for my 3 kids, hopefully Monday?

So passport took 4 weeks & 1 day from application to delivery.

Howard-Moore
April 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM

I like you am a worrier by nature..... I sent off for my son's Passport on a Saturday and started checking the website that Monday. I even signed up for the e-mail notifications. I never got one notification and the status online never changed. I even got worried and called the 1-800 # 3 times and they said only will they help me after 6 weeks. Well, I got his passport a month later. I was shocked when it came in the mail.