PDA

View Full Version : Drury Inn Booking Question

Whimsy
July 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
When you book the cruise special at the Drury Inn should the email confirmation say something about the cruise special? I just booked and the email confirmation doesn't say anything about the park/cruise special. Just want to make sure I don't have a problem when I arrive.

TnMama
July 8th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hi,
I literally just got off the phone with a CSR in NOLA at the Drury Inn. She said they have a cruise special that is normally 99 bucks.

DH and I sail on 3/20/10 and the current rate is 209.00. I looked at prices online before I called. but b/c I had read about the special rate,I decided to call. Maybe thats what you should do. Just give them a buzz,the CSR was very nice and local.

Sarah:D

Whimsy
July 8th, 2009, 06:49 PM
When you book the cruise special at the Drury Inn should the email confirmation say something about the cruise special? I just booked and the email confirmation doesn't say anything about the park/cruise special. Just want to make sure I don't have a problem when I arrive.

I called the hotel and told them I wanted the cruise special. They then transferred me to central reservations. I told them I wanted the cruise special and they booked me but when I got the confirmation it doesn't say anything about the cruise special.

I guess I will wait a few days and call to reconfirm.

Host Michell
July 9th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I also called Drury about their cruise deal (because the rates I was finding online were over $150 per night), and their phone folks seemed to know nothing about it. :( Since we weren't driving in the "cruise special" with parking wasn't such an important factor to us, so I pricelined and got a 4* room (good reviews on Trip Advisor) for $50 per night. I'm good with that; it wasn't worth the phone hassle with Drury. Hope you have better luck with their phone reps than I did.

Whimsy
July 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I also called Drury about their cruise deal (because the rates I was finding online were over $150 per night), and their phone folks seemed to know nothing about it. :( Since we weren't driving in the "cruise special" with parking wasn't such an important factor to us, so I pricelined and got a 4* room (good reviews on Trip Advisor) for $50 per night. I'm good with that; it wasn't worth the phone hassle with Drury. Hope you have better luck with their phone reps than I did.

Which room did you get on priceline? We are talking now about staying 2 nights and if that is the case I will probably do priceline too and just park at the port. The park and cruise at the Drury won't be such a bargain at 2 nights vs price line. Still have to work the math a bit.

FlorenceItaly
July 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
The NOLA Cruise package promotional code is 307865. This will also show up on your confirmation.

Marie

Host Michell
July 12th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Which room did you get on priceline? We are talking now about staying 2 nights and if that is the case I will probably do priceline too and just park at the port. The park and cruise at the Drury won't be such a bargain at 2 nights vs price line. Still have to work the math a bit.

The Renaissance Pere Marquette -- the reviews on Tripadvisor are okay, and it's a pretty good location. Can't beat the price, either.

firefly333
July 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM
The NOLA Cruise package promotional code is 307865. This will also show up on your confirmation.

Marie

The special doesnt show on my email confirmation. I called back and they said that is what is booked, but not showing on the confirmation.

I changed so Im booked on a Wednesday and still had to pay $114.99 plus the $15 to park and taxes, about $146 total it shows. If I took the cruise the Saturday before the lowest price was $149.99, so the cruise special isnt always that cheap, or maybe its because I didnt call direct?? Someone posted on another thread Drury just raised their prices when the port parking prices went up.