PDA

View Full Version : Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

August 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I booked this room thinking having an inside with a window showing night/day /sunny/raining would be a good idea. Finding out now that room is approx 154 sq ft and maybe too small. It is a Med cruise in May and do not plan to spend much time in the room. I have been looking for pictures of this room and comments from anyone that have stayed in the IA rooms

IRL_Joanie
August 13th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I booked this room thinking having an inside with a window showing night/day /sunny/raining would be a good idea. Finding out now that room is approx 154 sq ft and maybe too small. It is a Med cruise in May and do not plan to spend much time in the room. I have been looking for pictures of this room and comments from anyone that have stayed in the IA rooms
IA 10039 Standard Interior Spa Stateroom Deck 10 Panorama Deck.

This stateroom does have a view!! However, it is obstructed. I think it is obstructed by the Aft Retreat Cabanas, but I am guessing on that. BUT you should see some day light from the outside. It is very rare to get an Inside Stateroom with any sort of view. You are one of the lucky ones:) I have a photo of IA 10039, it idoes not have a view of any sort as it is a true Inside Stateroom, but looks to be the exact same size as IA 10044 IA 10039 Standard Interior Spa Stateroom Deck 10 Panorama Deck http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

Deck 10 Layout is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/deck-10.jpg

Joanie

jtl513
August 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
This stateroom does have a view!! However, it is obstructed. I think it is obstructed by the Aft Retreat Cabanas, but I am guessing on that.
IA10043 and 10044 have the small windows (2.5 ft x 3.5 ft) that look at the pool (or pool roof if it is closed) and toward the Tamarind. They are under the Retreat area. IA10039 and 10040 have no windows.

IRL_Joanie
August 20th, 2010, 10:03 PM
The Main HAL Stateroom/Cabins web site went down (stopped being reachable) sometime late this afternoon, August 20, 2010. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

The Back Up site is working fine so go there if you have any problems accessing the site and need/want info. Everything is exactly the same as on the Main Site (which is why I made it the back up:D) http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
August 21st, 2010, 12:18 PM
The Main HAL Stateroom/Cabins Web Site is back to working correctly today!!

I've just finished uploading new pages and information to the site.

Now you will not only find the Staterooms, and the Public Areas of the ships, but will also find a New Page for each ship listing which staterooms are Handicapped, if they have a shower or tub, are they wheel chair accessible, etc.. I've also added a page full of Handicapped Information that has what I hope, everything you want or need to know in one place. (as of today, I have only Westerdam, Zaandam and Zuiderdam to finish and they will be completed by Tuesday 24 August 2010)

Main HAL Stateroom/Cabins Page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/
Back Up HAL Stateroom/Cabins Page: http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

cruzisme
August 21st, 2010, 02:12 PM
Big huge gigantic Thank You Joanie for all your hard work! You are a terrific lady.:)

bobalink
August 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hi Joanie,
I shot this picture on August 12, 2010, from inside Noordam VF 5128, looking out to the veranda.

It shows how the light and lifeboat can be seen.

Thanks for all of your work on Cruise Critic. The information you provide is very useful.

Bobbie

IRL_Joanie
August 21st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Hi Joanie,
I shot this picture on August 12, 2010, from inside Noordam VF 5128, looking out to the veranda.

It shows how the light and lifeboat can be seen.

Thanks for all of your work on Cruise Critic. The information you provide is very useful.

Bobbie

I am happy to do it bobalink!! It keeps me busy and gives me something useful to do:)

I do have a favor please.... Can you email me the picture?? The problem is that it is so tiny here as a thumbnail that I cannot use it as it is:(

My email is irl_joanie@yahoo.com and there is an _ between irl and joanie.

I'd really appreciate it:)

Joanie

aliaschief
August 26th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hey congrats....just noticed you made it to "sticky level"....nice service, you are providing, thanks for all the time and effort.

Bruce

IRL_Joanie
August 26th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hey congrats....just noticed you made it to "sticky level"....nice service, you are providing, thanks for all the time and effort.

Bruce

Thank You Bruce!!

It is well worth the time and effort to be able to help my fellow HAL cruisers!!

I actually enjoy doing this project:) I also enjoy adding more info as I and others think of things we'd like to know without having to search everywhere for it.

Joanie

TahoeTraveler
August 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Joanie,

Back from our Eurodam Baltic adventure, and I wanted to post these pics of SC4181. It was a fabulous suite (so much nicer, and larger, than the comparable cabins on the Vista class ships), and we had a blast!!

Tami

IRL_Joanie
August 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hi Joanie,

Back from our Eurodam Baltic adventure, and I wanted to post these pics of SC4181. It was a fabulous suite (so much nicer, and larger, than the comparable cabins on the Vista class ships), and we had a blast!!

Tami

Tami, these are beautiful!! Unfortunately, I cannot copy them from here as they are to small (CC automatically resizes) Can you email them to me?? irl_joanie@yahoo.com there is an _ (underscore) between irl and joanie

Joanie

TahoeTraveler
August 28th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Tami, these are beautiful!! Unfortunately, I cannot copy them from here as they are to small (CC automatically resizes) Can you email them to me?? irl_joanie@yahoo.com there is an _ (underscore) between irl and joanie

Joanie
Done!!

edenrayne
September 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
I am not able to see pictures of staterooms on this site.
I can only see pictures taken from the HA website, Of
which I can view for myself. Is there something I am
doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

IRL_Joanie
September 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
I am not able to see pictures of staterooms on this site.
I can only see pictures taken from the HA website, Of
which I can view for myself. Is there something I am
doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Are you having trouble seeing the pictures on Cruise Critic or on my Stateroom Site??

I believe you may have your web browser set to a high security level. That might be the problem as a high security level setting will not allow you to view some things....

Try looking on the following 2 sites and tell me if you ca see any of the pictures there:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/
http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

debsjc
September 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hi Joanie

I was looking on your website for pictures on Eurodam SC4181, that TahoeTraveler has emailed you. Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find them?

Thanks

IRL_Joanie
September 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Joanie

I was looking on your website for pictures on Eurodam SC4181, that TahoeTraveler has emailed you. Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find them?

Thanks

I did get the first set of photos from her and emailed her back as they were thumbnails (her Outlook Express resized them) and she was going to send me the originals, but I have not received them yet.

I will email her now and hope she can send the originals.

Thank you for reminding me!!

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
September 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Hi Joanie

Thanks

No problem!! I emailed TahoeTraveler and I have them up and running now!! http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

Joanie

Kittycat2009
September 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Joanie,
Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your hard work. We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam on Saturday. I will try to get dh to take some pics of our cabin before we have a chance to mess it up too badly. ;)

Kim

IRL_Joanie
September 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Joanie,
Just wanted to say thanks so much for all your hard work. We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam on Saturday. I will try to get dh to take some pics of our cabin before we have a chance to mess it up too badly. ;)

Kim

Oh Kim, THANK YOU!!!! I desperately need photos of her. And I TRUST you will not mess her up to badly for those of us still to board her:D

Hey is there is any way that you can get some photos of "my stateroom...SC 6142"... I can hope Can't I LOL

Joanie

Kittycat2009
September 8th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hi Joanie,

We are on Deck 4, but if we happen to be on deck 6, and the door is open, who knows. Dh is a whiz with his camera. :D I can ask at our meet & greet if anyone is in that cabin. The couple we our cruising with are in a SC, but on deck 4, we can get some pics of that one for you.

I was just checking the deck plan, I don't see a SC 6142. There is a VB 6142, SC on Deck 6 are 6164 and 6175

Kim

IRL_Joanie
September 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hi Joanie,

We are on Deck 4, but if we happen to be on deck 6, and the door is open, who knows. Dh is a whiz with his camera. :D I can ask at our meet & greet if anyone is in that cabin. The couple we our cruising with are in a SC, but on deck 4, we can get some pics of that one for you.

I was just checking the deck plan, I don't see a SC 6142. There is a VB 6142, SC on Deck 6 are 6164 and 6175

Kim

Sorry, meant SC 6164. It is an aft wrap around:o

Can you all take measurements also of the interiors of the staterooms and the verandahs?? That is a big question that always comes up....

Really appreciate this!!!!!!!!

Joanie

debsjc
September 9th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thank you :)

IRL_Joanie
September 9th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Thank you :)

No, tis I who thanks you!! Thank you for reminding me!!:D

Joanie

Kittycat2009
September 9th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry, meant SC 6164. It is an aft wrap around:o

Can you all take measurements also of the interiors of the staterooms and the verandahs?? That is a big question that always comes up....

Really appreciate this!!!!!!!!

Joanie

Howdy Joanie,

I will see what we can do. The dh (Steve) loves to take photos and is into measuring stuff. I will do my best to get as much info as I can for you.

Thanks so much for all you do!

Kim

MovingForward
September 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks Joanie for the website and information. I'm a first timer and booked an interior room on Eurodam for this coming December. Holland's website really didn't give me a good idea of what a standard-interior room was like. I was afraid that I probably should have gotten a bigger room, but from the standard interior photos on your site, I think I will manage just fine. I'll be rooming alone and there are many sitting areas on the ship.

Thanks again!
abe

IRL_Joanie
September 14th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Joanie for the website and information. I'm a first timer and booked an interior room on Eurodam for this coming December. Holland's website really didn't give me a good idea of what a standard-interior room was like. I was afraid that I probably should have gotten a bigger room, but from the standard interior photos on your site, I think I will manage just fine. I'll be rooming alone and there are many sitting areas on the ship.

Thanks again!
abe

Glad to be of some help in reassuring you Abe:)

It is thanks to all the CC members who have donated not only their photos, but also their descriptions:) I just host the site:) The CC members do all the work taking those photos for us to use.

Joanie

RandB_Toronto
September 18th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I notice that alternate cabins on decks 5 & 6 of the Prinsendam (maybe others too) have only a shower. However, the only layouts shown are with tub. We never use the tub and a shower would be fine, but I wonder how this affects space. Is there more space somewhere else? Like a bigger bathroom area or bigger closet? I can't find any info on this although I have done a lot of searching!

Thanks!

...Rick

carri cruiser
September 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I notice that alternate cabins on decks 5 & 6 of the Prinsendam (maybe others too) have only a shower. However, the only layouts shown are with tub. We never use the tub and a shower would be fine, but I wonder how this affects space. Is there more space somewhere else? Like a bigger bathroom area or bigger closet? I can't find any info on this although I have done a lot of searching!

Thanks!

...Rick
I have had cabins with shower only, and I LOVED it! I don't like to have to step into a tub, I prefer the shower only! the space is the same as with a tub.
other than that, I think the space is the same. carri:cool:

sparty1
September 19th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Hi, my experience has been that the bathrooms with the tub combo are a bit larger(the living space seems to be the same, but the bathrooms with the tub do seem to give more room for movement; and obviously the shower has more room as it is the size of the tub:rolleyes:) I do prefer stepping into a shower rather than up/over the tub side, tho. Not any major difference overall, so it would just be personal preference.

I have had cabins with shower only, and I LOVED it! I don't like to have to step into a tub, I prefer the shower only! the space is the same as with a tub.
other than that, I think the space is the same. carri:cool:

RandB_Toronto
September 19th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I really don't like stepping into and out of a tub, especially in high seas! So the shower will definitely be preferable.

eliget
September 25th, 2010, 03:09 PM
You found the right thread A.S.!

Here is a link to what I have on the Veendam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie
Joanie, I am sailing on the Oosterdam cabin VA 5185. I have not been able to find any pictures of that cabin. Additionally, do you have any idea about the size of the balcony? Would of loved the wrap around,but unless the upsell fairy comes calling, we will be very happy with our Aft cabin.

IRL_Joanie
September 25th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Joanie, I am sailing on the Oosterdam cabin VA 5185. I have not been able to find any pictures of that cabin. Additionally, do you have any idea about the size of the balcony? Would of loved the wrap around,but unless the upsell fairy comes calling, we will be very happy with our Aft cabin.

I do not have photos yet of VA 5185, but do have 3 of its next door neighbor VA 5187 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

Jtl513 says: The standard Verandah/Balcony is 6 ft. deep by 9 ft. wide. VA aft/stern Verandah/Balconys are deeper (how much depends on which deck, and Vista class (Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam & Zuiderdam) versus Signature class (Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam). VD are 7.5 ft. deep. VF and VE on Vista Class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam, Verandah deck are only 4.5 ft. deep.
[
VA 4174, VA 4176, VA 4179 & VA 4181 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms. These VA AFT Staterooms are about 3 ft. longer than the other 2 Aft facing cabins (VB 4178 & VB 4183.) They are also about 6 inches wider. Does not sound like much but does help with the congestion around the end of the bed. Verandah/Balcony size is about 10 ft. X 10 ft., with a lounge chair, two deck chairs, a very small table and ottoman/footstool. The Deck 4 Aft VA's are all about 3 ft. longer inside than the side VA's, and the verandah/balconys are about 4 ft. deeper than the side VA's.

he stern Verandah/Balconys on the Noordam are different from the other three Vistas. Deck 4 verandah/balconys are larger and more exposed, and the Deck 5 ones are completely covered. The Oosterdam and Westerdam are like this. The Noordam stern is evenly sloped, so that Deck 4 is not larger nor is Deck 5 covered any more than Deck 4, Deck 6, or Deck 7. Deck 8 has a lot of coverage on all four ships, but probably a little more so on the Noordam.

From just looking at the deck plans, it appears to my eyes that Deck 5 are the larger verandahs, on top of being covered, I think you will be a bit happier than someone directly 1 deck above and/or below you:)

Hope this helps....

Joanie

eliget
September 25th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks Joanie, have sailed many times never on HAL.

jobythebay
September 29th, 2010, 04:12 PM
We are all set with our room but our kids want a Deluxe Veranda. Does anyone know how noisy Deck 10 is. It seems that it is below a lot of stuff. They will stay there and wear earplugs but this is our daughter's first cruise so I want her to know what to expect. Our son-in-law hates noise but he is really good with ear plugs. :eek:

Thanks!

Krazy Kruizers
September 30th, 2010, 07:54 AM
We are all set with our room but our kids want a Deluxe Veranda. Does anyone know how noisy Deck 10 is. It seems that it is below a lot of stuff. They will stay there and wear earplugs but this is our daughter's first cruise so I want her to know what to expect. Our son-in-law hates noise but he is really good with ear plugs. :eek:

Thanks!

Some of the Delux Suites on Navigatin Deck are right below the Lido pool. They will hear when the deck chairs are moved early in the morning when the area is washed. Also they will hear when people move the tables, chairs, lounge chairs throughout the day. Sometimes it can be very noisy -- other times people aren't moving a lot of items and it is quiet. Hard to judge what will happen on any given cruise.

On the Ryndam and other S class ships we try to choose a cabin as far forward as possible -- getting under the beauty salon is much quieter.

Kittycat2009
October 2nd, 2010, 03:44 PM
Joanie,
I don't have pics yet of Nieuw Amsterdam, have to figure out how to get the video into pics, but I can tell you the Veranda cabins are much smaller than Ryndam. Dh kind of argued with me about it, but it was confirmed when we inquired about future cruises. The deck itself was a bit larger, but the room was MUCH smaller. The counter space was also much smaller, by about half. It made getting ready in the morning a juggling act. I guess a minor inconvience, but if we were to book on her again for that length of a cruise I think I would check into the suite. Just an FYI for now until I have time to figure out how to get the video into pics.

ETA: The bed was super comfy! Loved the pillows! Probably weren't any different from our other cruise, but for some reason the comfiness stood out this cruise.

IRL_Joanie
October 2nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Joanie,
I don't have pics yet of Nieuw Amsterdam, have to figure out how to get the video into pics, but I can tell you the Veranda cabins are much smaller than Ryndam. Dh kind of argued with me about it, but it was confirmed when we inquired about future cruises. The deck itself was a bit larger, but the room was MUCH smaller. The counter space was also much smaller, by about half. It made getting ready in the morning a juggling act. I guess a minor inconvience, but if we were to book on her again for that length of a cruise I think I would check into the suite. Just an FYI for now until I have time to figure out how to get the video into pics.

ETA: The bed was super comfy! Loved the pillows! Probably weren't any different from our other cruise, but for some reason the comfiness stood out this cruise.

I can post the video if you send it to me at my email addy.... I can also screen capture with my Graphics program(s).

What stateroom werre you in??

Another CC member sent me his photos and MY GOODNESS! 4134 had a HUGE verandah!! (that was the stateroom below his)

Joanie

Kittycat2009
October 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
We were in 4133.

Okay, I'll figure out how to download the video than and let you do the hard work. :D

Kim

P.S. With the new card feature for the lights, you can put any piece of paper in the slot to keep your lights on, it doesn't have to be your card key.

marinemomx2
October 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have a picture of S10 on the Maasdam? Been looking and can't seem to find one.
Thanks for your help,

IRL_Joanie
October 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Does anyone have a picture of S10 on the Maasdam? Been looking and can't seem to find one.
Thanks for your help,

Hey there marinemomx2,

I do not have photos os S 10 But I do have some of S 05 and S 21, along with descriptions. They are most likely, duplicates of S 10. The difference is in the location only. Just click on the link and scroll down to Deck 10 - Navigation Deck and click on the photos. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

Joanie

Napi's Mom
October 6th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Noticing that our upcoming cabin is listed as having only a roll in shower, yet all the other Vista class HC cabins 6108 have shower and tub. Why would this one be different??? Looks the same on the deck plans Does anyone have photos of this bathroom:confused:

IRL_Joanie
October 6th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Noticing that our upcoming cabin is listed as having only a roll in shower, yet all the other Vista class HC cabins 6108 have shower and tub. Why would this one be different??? Looks the same on the deck plans Does anyone have photos of this bathroom:confused:

Napi's Mom, SY 6108 is a wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only Stateroom.

Here is the listing of All the HC Staterooms on

Noordam: Staterooms: C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, H 4089, H 4090, I 8037, J 1074, N 1011, N 1012, VD 4051, VD 4052, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VA 8031, VA 8032, VB 6049 & SY 6108, are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[
SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002, SS 8068, are wheelchair accessible, with a bathtub and roll-in shower.

Here are the listings for all HC Staterooms on the other 3 Vistas also:

Oosterdam: Staterooms: N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only staterooms.
[
Staterooms: SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001 & SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower. Staterooms.

Westerdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[
Staterooms SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower.

Zuiderdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[
Staterooms SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower.

AS you can see, not all HC are shower only, but many are due to wheelchair and other mobility needs.

I do have photos of Westerdam's 6108 that does show a bathtub also here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Specifically this photo shows both the roll in shower with the tub and commode: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/6108_Essiesmom-6.jpg
The shower is behind the curtain on the right and has a pull down seat.

The standard bath tubs on HAL ships are approximately 18 inches high from the floor and difficult for many people, both handicapped and able bodied alike to get into.

I have no idea why HAL lists SY 6108 as a shower only. But as you can see, on at least the Westerdam it is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Joanie

Napi's Mom
October 8th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Napi's Mom, SY 6108 is a wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only Stateroom.

Here is the listing of All the HC Staterooms on

Noordam: Staterooms: C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, H 4089, H 4090, I 8037, J 1074, N 1011, N 1012, VD 4051, VD 4052, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VA 8031, VA 8032, VB 6049 & SY 6108, are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[
SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001, SY 5002, SS 8068, are wheelchair accessible, with a bathtub and roll-in shower.

Here are the listings for all HC Staterooms on the other 3 Vistas also:

Oosterdam: Staterooms: N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only staterooms.
[
Staterooms: SS 8068, SC 6164, SC 6175, SY 5001 & SY 5002 are wheelchair accessible, bathtub and roll-in shower. Staterooms.

Westerdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[

Zuiderdam: Staterooms N 1011, N 1012, J 1074, C 1081, C 1082, D 1100, VD 4051, VD 4052, H 4089, H 4090, VD 4131, VD 4132, VF 5051, VF 5054, VF 5137, VF 5140, VA 6003, VA 6004, VB 6049, SY 6108, VA 8031, VA 8032 & I 8037 are wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only.
[

AS you can see, not all HC are shower only, but many are due to wheelchair and other mobility needs.

I do have photos of Westerdam's 6108 that does show a bathtub also here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Specifically this photo shows both the roll in shower with the tub and commode: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/6108_Essiesmom-6.jpg
The shower is behind the curtain on the right and has a pull down seat.

The standard bath tubs on HAL ships are approximately 18 inches high from the floor and difficult for many people, both handicapped and able bodied alike to get into.

I have no idea why HAL lists SY 6108 as a shower only. But as you can see, on at least the Westerdam it is incorrect.

Hope this helps

Joanie

I will be able to fill you in in Nov. after we return from our TA that's leaving in a week. Will send photos of the Cabin, Bath and balcony (we had our Travel agent quote us the size of the cabin as 355sq' Balcony 214 Sq' that angled balcony was what I wanted...we have 3 of us going to be in there for 16 days! :D

IRL_Joanie
October 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I will be able to fill you in in Nov. after we return from our TA that's leaving in a week. Will send photos of the Cabin, Bath and balcony (we had our Travel agent quote us the size of the cabin as 355sq' Balcony 214 Sq' that angled balcony was what I wanted...we have 3 of us going to be in there for 16 days! :D

Fantastic!! THANK YOU!!

I am adding this to the info regarding Noordam's SY 6108:

"SY 6108" is a Superior Verandah Suite Staterooms: 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen size bed, wheelchair accessible, roll-in shower only according to HAL (however photos show a bath tub also), large sitting area, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 1 person, mini bar, refrigerator, floor to ceiling windows. One touch telephone concierge service. Approximately 389 sq. ft. including verandah. This stateroom is reported by Cruise Critic Member: Napi's Mom to be 355 sq. ft. with the Verandah/Balcony reported to be 214 sq. ft. It is an 'Angled' Stateroom which may account for the difference is sizing.

Joanie

Assateague Island Princes
October 11th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Thanx dear Joanie, for your kind words on Les's thread below. Didn't want to hijack to respond, but I knew you'd look here.

I've got every confidence - well, right at this moment anyway:o that things will be fine with my test results. With God on my side and a wonderful support system of a loving husband, amazing family, and wonderful friends, how could I go wrong?

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers you're sending my way. Thank you again for your kindness.

IRL_Joanie
October 11th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Thanx dear Joanie, for your kind words on Les's thread below. Didn't want to hijack to respond, but I knew you'd look here.

I've got every confidence - well, right at this moment anyway:o that things will be fine with my test results. With God on my side and a wonderful support system of a loving husband, amazing family, and wonderful friends, how could I go wrong?

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers you're sending my way. Thank you again for your kindness.

I understand. And I am always holding those I care for, personaly or Internet wise in my heart. I just know this will pass for you for the good. I do not know how to explain it other than I feel it in my heart that all will be fine:)

Joanie

oreilln
October 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Eurodam transatlantic in April? Anyone know doe cabins N1012 and N1011 for disabled have those nice sitting areas or not? Also, CAT VT on Upper Prom on Eurodam, I know these have steel verandahs but they seem to me to be large, is this correct? Many thanks!

IRL_Joanie
October 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Eurodam transatlantic in April? Anyone know doe cabins N1012 and N1011 for disabled have those nice sitting areas or not? Also, CAT VT on Upper Prom on Eurodam, I know these have steel verandahs but they seem to me to be large, is this correct? Many thanks!

I will do my best to answer your questions, without asking the obvious one I have regarding the HC staterooms.....

N 1011 & N 1012 - 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, wheelchair accessible bathroom with a shower only.
Luxurious beds featuring Sealy® Premium Euro-Top mattresses and finely woven cotton linens. Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage. 100% Egyptian cotton towels. Premium massage shower heads. 5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers. Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure. Complimentary fresh fruit on request. Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages. Flat-panel TV and DVD player. Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service.

It is my understanding that there are no sofas in the HC staterooms in this category and many of the other HC staterooms. This enables someone in a wheelchair the ability to move there wheelchair around in the stateroom.

I cannot locate any VT staterooms on Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck. There are VA, VB, VD, VF and VH in the V category, but no VT's.

VH 4001 through VH 4004 and VF 4005 through VF 4042 these staterooms have solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas® railings. These are the same size staterooms (I believe) as the other staterooms in the same category located in other areas of this deck.

The VT staterooms are on Deck 11 - Observation Deck only. They have the Plexiglas railings.

Hope this helps.

Joanie

cruzisme
October 11th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Thank you Joanie for the great job that you are doing for us all.
We are very lucky to have you tackling this big job, but it is so appreciated by us all.
Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving Day in Canada...may we all think of how blessed we are.

IRL_Joanie
October 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Thank you Joanie for the great job that you are doing for us all.
We are very lucky to have you tackling this big job, but it is so appreciated by us all.
Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving Day in Canada...may we all think of how blessed we are.

I enjoy doing the Staterooms and all:) Thank you for the thanks:)

I did not realize that today is the Canadian Thanksgiving Day:(

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian Members and friends!!

Joanie

Giz001
October 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of cabin SS6055 or any SS category on the Eurodam. We will be sailing May 2011. Thank you.

IRL_Joanie
October 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of cabin SS6055 or any SS category on the Eurodam. We will be sailing May 2011. Thank you.

I have photos of SS 6072 (same layout as SS 6055, just opposite side of the ship and more mid ship) and SS 6113 Superior Verandah Suite Staterooms on Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html SS 6113 is in the "bend" of the ship, so its layout is a bit different than other SS

Joanie

alpal1993
October 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hi just booked a Westerdam Cruise Catagory J 8056 on the Navigator deck . It is midship,but it is by itself. Does anyone know what all those empty rooms house?

IRL_Joanie
October 13th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Hi just booked a Westerdam Cruise Catagory J 8056 on the Navigator deck . It is midship,but it is by itself. Does anyone know what all those empty rooms house?

They are most likely Officers Quarters or in some cases may be storage areas for either housekeeping or maintenance.

Joanie

alpal1993
October 13th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks That doesn't sound like it would be too noisy.I am getting very excited for this cruise

Kittycat2009
October 14th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Hey Joanie,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten that I owe you a video. I am on a hunt for my instruction booklet so I can figure out how to download it to my computer. :D I promise, I will send eventually.

Kim

IRL_Joanie
October 14th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Hey Joanie,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten that I owe you a video. I am on a hunt for my instruction booklet so I can figure out how to download it to my computer. :D I promise, I will send eventually.

Kim

:DNo Problem Kim!!:D I understand!! I ordered a new keyboard 2 weeks ago from LogiTech. It came 3 days later. I have yet to hook it up to my tower. BTW, the reason I had to buy it is that I've worn away several of the letters on my old/current keyboard. LOL

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
October 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Just a Heads up to you all that my server(s) will be down.

Received the following notification regarding the downtime:

Last month we sent out a notice regarding the move of your web site account to a more powerful server in our Los Angeles data center. The move is to consolidate our servers into one single location, and at the same time, give your site a boost in server performance.

This letter is to let you know that your site transfer will start between the following times:
between 10/21/2010 7:00PM PST and 10/22/2010 7:00AM PST.

Estimated time to complete the transfer: 0.5 -5 hours, depending on site size.

Site to be tranferred: abqreunion2008.com (http://abqreunion2008.com/) [abq2008]

To ensure that we have the latest version of your site data, we will be temporarily suspending your site on the original server while we move your data to the new server. This will ensure that no new data is written to the old server and not populated over to the account on the new server. We will also test basic functionality of your site to ensure success.

This means that the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Back Up site will not be available at the time specified.

The Main HAL Staterooms/Cabins Pages will be going through the same change soon. I will keep you posted on when that change will be taking place

Joanie

ariawoman
October 19th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hey there Joanie. I took lots of pics of 5051 on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week. As soon as I can see straight, you'll have 'em for your website :-) My bf thought I was insane because I was taking a lot and I kept saying I needed to take pics for Joanie LOL. It was a handicap cabin to boot, so you'll have an example for those sailing in one :-) I also took some general pics of the ship, not a ton, but if you want those I could always pass them along as well. I have a lot to upload in the near future...

IRL_Joanie
October 19th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Hey there Joanie. I took lots of pics of 5051 on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week. As soon as I can see straight, you'll have 'em for your website :-) My bf thought I was insane because I was taking a lot and I kept saying I needed to take pics for Joanie LOL. It was a handicap cabin to boot, so you'll have an example for those sailing in one :-) I also took some general pics of the ship, not a ton, but if you want those I could always pass them along as well. I have a lot to upload in the near future...

Send em all!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeeee:D

Joanie

ariawoman
October 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Ok Joanie...if you need originals just let me know via email. :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ariawoman/Vacation2010HollandAmericaNieuwAmsterdamPictures#

Those are all my ship photos, cabin plus my exteriors.

dmekdahl
October 23rd, 2010, 10:45 PM
Joanie,

My hubby and I will be aboard the westerdam sailing Jan 7-14..our room is 4147..an M class room that looks a bit larger..do you have any pics on this one?

Thanks for all your kind help...and such a positive attitude,

denise

IRL_Joanie
October 23rd, 2010, 10:57 PM
Joanie,

My hubby and I will be aboard the westerdam sailing Jan 7-14..our room is 4147..an M class room that looks a bit larger..do you have any pics on this one?

Thanks for all your kind help...and such a positive attitude,

denise

Denise, I am sorry, but I have no M category photos on any of the Vista class ships on Deck 4.:(

I wish I could help but...........

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
October 23rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Ok Joanie...if you need originals just let me know via email. :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ariawoman/Vacation2010HollandAmericaNieuwAmsterdamPictures#

Those are all my ship photos, cabin plus my exteriors.

I've been playing a game all day and just saw your post;)

I just went to the site and these download beautifully. I will get them all downloaded and up and running tomorrow.

You are GREAT!!!!

Joanie

dmekdahl
October 23rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
I will take some photos...and email them to you after our cruise.

thanks,
d

ariawoman
October 23rd, 2010, 11:34 PM
I've been playing a game all day and just saw your post;)

I just went to the site and these download beautifully. I will get them all downloaded and up and running tomorrow.

You are GREAT!!!!

Joanie

So glad I could be of help. I'd be happy to become your official photographer, if I could only gain access to more cruises on HAL :-) :D:D:D

debsjc
November 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I've just emailed mine to you, let me know if you don't get them. :)

IRL_Joanie
November 7th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I've just emailed mine to you, let me know if you don't get them. :)

Got them up and running now Deb. Thank you so very much!!!

I cannot wait for my aft wrap around in less than 3 weeks now:)

Joanie

debsjc
November 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM
You are going to LOVE it! :D

tea4ular
November 16th, 2010, 04:10 PM
This morning, after learning that our trip on Carnival Splendor was canceled (which we had booked 6 months ago for a Jan. '11 sail date :(), we miraculously found a WC accessible cabin on HALs Oosterdam. My H uses an electric wheelchair so this was a requirement.

Curious if anyone here has sailed in this cabin (VD4051) & can share details, and would love to see photos if they're available. I've used the search feature here, and scoured the web but have (so far) come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance! :)

IRL_Joanie
November 16th, 2010, 07:56 PM
This morning, after learning that our trip on Carnival Splendor was canceled (which we had booked 6 months ago for a Jan. '11 sail date :(), we miraculously found a WC accessible cabin on HALs Oosterdam. My H uses an electric wheelchair so this was a requirement.

Curious if anyone here has sailed in this cabin (VD4051) & can share details, and would love to see photos if they're available. I've used the search feature here, and scoured the web but have (so far) come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have to tell you that I do not have photos of all the Handicapped staterooms, but I can show you SIMILAR staterooms in the same category on a different ship.

I have photos taken of 5051 on Nieuw Amsterdam just a couple of weeks ago. This is a slightly larger ship than the Oosterdam and more modern, and this stateroom is a bit larger, but the layout SHOULD be similar: VF 5051 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck (Handicapped Stateroom) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index-3.html

I was on Oosterdam May 2008 in stateroom VF 5054 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom) And was quite happy with it. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index-3.html

Joanie

tea4ular
November 16th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Joanie - thanks for the links. I'm a bit curious, and maybe you can allay some fears...the bed seems to be placed in such a way that it creates an obstacle for a wheelchair to access the entire cabin (looks like that in both sets of photos). Is this "walkway" wide and just doesn't photograph well?

Thanks again,
tea

IRL_Joanie
November 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Joanie - thanks for the links. I'm a bit curious, and maybe you can allay some fears...the bed seems to be placed in such a way that it creates an obstacle for a wheelchair to access the entire cabin (looks like that in both sets of photos). Is this "walkway" wide and just doesn't photograph well?

Thanks again,
tea

It is wider than it appears. I had no trouble getting my scooter or walker/rollator between the bed and the wall (the walker is as wide as a wheelchair.)

I will try to get photos for you in 2 weeks.

Joanie

tea4ular
November 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
It is wider than it appears. I had no trouble getting my scooter or walker/rollator between the bed and the wall (the walker is as wide as a wheelchair.)
Joanie

Ok, That makes us both feel better. It would seem odd if the chair or a scooter user was unable to utilize the rest of the cabin, and the balcony!

I can hear you now...

Knock, knock...
"Hello, you don't know me, however, could I please photograph your cabin?"

(I'd be the one who says, "Sure, why not!")

Thanks again!!

IRL_Joanie
December 8th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Ok, That makes us both feel better. It would seem odd if the chair or a scooter user was unable to utilize the rest of the cabin, and the balcony!

I can hear you now...

Knock, knock...
"Hello, you don't know me, however, could I please photograph your cabin?"

(I'd be the one who says, "Sure, why not!")

Thanks again!!

IF there is no ramp out to the verandah, go to the front desk and ask them to have a ramp placed (or even built) so that you can access the verandah.

I asked nicely for one and they built it in an hours time:) I needed it so 2 of our CC members in wheelchairs could access our verandah. Wonderful response to Handicap needs in my opinion:)

Photos of the stateroom are coming I promise!!

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
December 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Just an FYI, thanks to several CC members I've uploaded new Stateroom and Ship photos for the following ships in the last 2 days:

Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Oosterdam, Prinsendam and Westerdam.
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ and here http://www.abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

DANDY111
December 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Hi
We are looking at cabin VA7095 or VA7097 on the Westerdam. I am trying to find out if the balconies above can see down into our balcony.
Does anyone know?

Also my research shows the rear is slightly less bouncy and deck 7 is a very good deck.

Mostly we are concerned that we have some privacy on our deck and there is not to much noise.
thanks

beckylynn1961
December 12th, 2010, 03:09 PM
joanie, i have looked but can't find pictures, descriptions, etc. of room BA192 on maasdam. do you or anyone have any? thanks, becky

RuthC
December 12th, 2010, 03:23 PM
joanie, i have looked but can't find pictures, descriptions, etc. of room BA192 on maasdam. do you or anyone have any? thanks, becky
Have you tried looking at the photos on the other S-class ships? Or even the R-class ships, as they are identical.

cirman52
December 12th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Hi
We are looking at cabin VA7095 or VA7097 on the Westerdam. I am trying to find out if the balconies above can see down into our balcony.
Does anyone know?

Also my research shows the rear is slightly less bouncy and deck 7 is a very good deck.

Mostly we are concerned that we have some privacy on our deck and there is not to much noise.
thanks

Don't know if this helps, but we were on this ship this past Oct. & were in 6105, a great room & view. Only problem was we could hear the flaps on the life / tender boats flapping & banging after a tender,( they did not secure them well enough).

IRL_Joanie
December 12th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Hi
Does anyone know?

thanks

I cannot find any photo looking from any verandahs on any of the vistas looking down from deck 8. The best I can do is a photo taken from a sister ship, the Zuiderdam taken from one of the Penthouses that shows that deck 8 overhangs deck 7, which means they will not be able to look directly down onto deck 7.
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/SB-7088-3_Iowa-Cruiser.jpg

You are located mid ship which is one of the best places for less motion. I've been in that general area on both on deck 8 and further aft and never had a single problem with bounce/motion.

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
December 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM

Looking, as RuthC suggested, at other S class ships I have:

Ryndam BA 111 and BA 138: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html
On Maasdam the best I can do is BA 117 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

I'd love to have more, but.....

Joanie

beckylynn1961
December 13th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Have you tried looking at the photos on the other S-class ships? Or even the R-class ships, as they are identical.
thanks ruth. this does give me an idea.

beckylynn1961
December 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Looking, as RuthC suggested, at other S class ships I have:

Ryndam BA 111 and BA 138: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html
On Maasdam the best I can do is BA 117 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

I'd love to have more, but.....

Joanie
thanks.

Cruisin Suzin
December 14th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Joanie...your cruise sounded wonderful...have you posted your images yet would like to see some of the NA..I leave Feb 4th..yipee..

IRL_Joanie
December 14th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hi Joanie...your cruise sounded wonderful...have you posted your images yet would like to see some of the NA..I leave Feb 4th..yipee..

I have my stateroom photos up and running. Got them up yesterday. Posted to my thread last night that they were up and running, but it is buried:)

I have just finished working on the ship photos and will post them tomorrow.

Other photos are on my WebShots album here: http://community.webshots.com/user/IRLJoanie I do have to work on cropping my Sunset photos so they do not bounce around when I make a movie of them.

She is the most beautiful ship I have ever seen!! The Manhattan Dining Room is absolutely stunning!!

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
December 16th, 2010, 09:05 AM
you've got mail!

LOL, not trying to be smart a** but I had 40 emails this morning, who do I have email from and what is the subject matter????

I needs to know so I can answer you in it.

Joanie

Cruisin Suzin
December 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I have my stateroom photos up and running. Got them up yesterday. Posted to my thread last night that they were up and running, but it is buried:)

I have just finished working on the ship photos and will post them tomorrow.

Other photos are on my WebShots album here: http://community.webshots.com/user/IRLJoanie I do have to work on cropping my Sunset photos so they do not bounce around when I make a movie of them.

She is the most beautiful ship I have ever seen!! The Manhattan Dining Room is absolutely stunning!!

Joanie

Great Photos Joanie...thanks, I know where I'll be spending the majority of my time in the cabana club, I rented the family one..and silk den looks like my kinda place..great shots

Hello_Sailor
December 22nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the great job you have done with the photos Joanie...we enjoyed looking at them.

IRL_Joanie
December 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the great job you have done with the photos Joanie...we enjoyed looking at them.

I'm happy to do them all. Makes me feel good to know they are a benefit to so many:)

Joanie

tea4ular
December 28th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Me again...the "kids" (our D & my H's personal care attendant) have just been assigned cabin 5144 (Oosterdam), a sweet upgrade for their guarantee booking.

Anyone have any information regarding this cabin? Pictures, balcony detail (metal vs see through), etc.

In advance I thank you all!

IRL_Joanie
December 29th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Me again...the "kids" (our D & my H's personal care attendant) have just been assigned cabin 5144 (Oosterdam), a sweet upgrade for their guarantee booking.

Anyone have any information regarding this cabin? Pictures, balcony detail (metal vs see through), etc.

In advance I thank you all!

Hey there tea4ular, while I do not have photos of Oosterdam's VC 5144, I do have photos of a very very comparable VC 5157 on Zuiderdam. It should look almost exact, just different furnishings and slightly more to the aft of the ship and opposite side.

You can see the photos here of VC 5157 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Joanie

tea4ular
December 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hey there tea4ular, while I do not have photos of Oosterdam's VC 5144, I do have photos of a very very comparable VC 5157 on Zuiderdam. It should look almost exact, just different furnishings and slightly more to the aft of the ship and opposite side.

You can see the photos here of VC 5157 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Joanie

Very nice! Thanks Joanie. I'll make sure to get pictures of both cabins for you when we sail.

IRL_Joanie
December 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Very nice! Thanks Joanie. I'll make sure to get pictures of both cabins for you when we sail.

Awesome!! Thank You:)

Joanie

eliget
January 5th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Joanie, recently took Mexican Riviera on Oosterdam aft cabin 5185, love the afts. loved the balcony. Planning a May 2012 Alaska cruise also on Oosterdam, we have sent a future cruise request and asked for cabin 5191 the wrap around also on the Verandah deck. Any feedback on that cabin?

IRL_Joanie
January 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joanie, recently took Mexican Riviera on Oosterdam aft cabin 5185, love the afts. loved the balcony. Planning a May 2012 Alaska cruise also on Oosterdam, we have sent a future cruise request and asked for cabin 5191 the wrap around also on the Verandah deck. Any feedback on that cabin?

I have photos and a review of SC 5191 from CC member Madbullogna from May 2010 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

They loved it:)

Do you have photos of VA 5185???

Joanie

nowornever
January 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
are worse than I suspected! Pathetic would probably be more descriptive. I've just discovered this website & have been furiously searching for photos of the Westerdam. When I click on the link to photos, all I get are the "generic" ones from the HAL website decriptions of the various cabins. HELP....I'm looking for Westerdam SY photos since we just booked the Hawaii & S.Sea Islands for this coming Sept/Oct. From the brochure & website, it looks very spacious but "real people" photos would be even better. We're 6066 specifically so if you can help guide me to the correct links, that would be very much appreciated.

IRL_Joanie
January 5th, 2011, 07:43 PM
are worse than I suspected! Pathetic would probably be more descriptive. I've just discovered this website & have been furiously searching for photos of the Westerdam. When I click on the link to photos, all I get are the "generic" ones from the HAL website decriptions of the various cabins. HELP....I'm looking for Westerdam SY photos since we just booked the Hawaii & S.Sea Islands for this coming Sept/Oct. From the brochure & website, it looks very spacious but "real people" photos would be even better. We're 6066 specifically so if you can help guide me to the correct links, that would be very much appreciated.

nowornever here you go a direct link to my Back Up Westerdam Index: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/index.html

Deck 6 is here: http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

I do not have photos of 6066 YET, but do have of it's mirror image Stateroom 6055, thanks to CC member mrsltg:)

Hope these help.

I've sent you to my back up site as I am in the process of revamping the web site and I always redo the back up site first (to make sure everything looks good BEFORE I publish the changes on the main site which is here (and extremely graphic intensive) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

nowornever
January 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
you've done a beyond impressive job. Hat's off to you & thanks for the guidance in navigating it. I'll continue to check periodically for updates. Thanks again!

IRL_Joanie
January 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
you've done a beyond impressive job. Hat's off to you & thanks for the guidance in navigating it. I'll continue to check periodically for updates. Thanks again!

Thank you:)

It is with the help of all the Cruise Critic Members that it is as impressive as it is:) Whatever HAL ship you take,if you could take photos of your stateroom from your point of view, good, bad, so so... and send them to me for posting, that would help a great deal:)

I should have both the Main Site and the Back Up site looking exactly the same before the end of January. Just takes time to catalog correctly, and the time to do it.

Joanie

eliget
January 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM
We do not have photos, but it was fantastic. The largest/longest balcony on the ship, aside from the wraparounds and the Penthouse, although the cabin is about 12-16 inches narrower the balcony more than makes up for it. We took a peek at the other balconies and they were nowhere near the size.

ccruisequeen
January 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Just booked- are they similar to the ones you Did of navigation 8117?

IRL_Joanie
January 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Just booked- are they similar to the ones you Did of navigation 8117?

Actually yes, the photo of VA 8117 is similar except that VA 8108 is a Quad (sleeps 4) so it would have not only the bed that can be made into 2 twins, but also a sofa that will sleep one person and a drop down bunk for the 4th person.

If you look at the photos for VA 8021 there are more photos of what you can expect (except that it is for 2 people only as is VA 8117).

Joanie

sparty1
January 10th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Has anyone seen or have pictures of the view?(I know HH is an "obsructed view:rolleyes:, so no ocean) But what do you see? I think it's a stairwell, but is it a see-thru for light, or is it a solid, opaque wall? I need light, so hoping for some filtering through.

If anyone knows, I'd love to hear from you.

I did not find it on Joanies site. Did I miss it?
Thx so much.

RuthC
January 10th, 2011, 06:38 PM
But what do you see? I think it's a stairwell, but is it a see-thru for light, or is it a solid, opaque wall? I need light, so hoping for some filtering through.
Yes, it is a staircase, which is enclosed in glass. So, there will be light in your cabin, but no view to speak of.

Personally, I would rather have an obstructed view which has the hull of the ship across the decking. There are such cabins which have a real sightline to the sea and sky, if you look to the side.

CruiserTarheel
January 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins on the Upper Veranda deck? From the deck plan it appears they may be larger than the other VB's.

maxmia
January 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Has anyone stayed in 1842 on Volendam? Its inside which we prefer. TA tells us it is a good cabin, but would like some feedback please. Thanks. Barb.

NJpassenger
January 11th, 2011, 04:15 PM
What is the difference between C and D on the Westerdam? From looking at photos I can't see any real difference (other than possibly location)?

IRL_Joanie
January 11th, 2011, 04:52 PM
What is the difference between C and D on the Westerdam? From looking at photos I can't see any real difference (other than possibly location)?

You are correct that the dfifference is basically the location of the C & D staterooms. There is one more factor and that is that HAL has updated the C, D, DD, E, F, G*, GG, H, HH to now read Approximately 174–180 sq. ft. instead of their previous overall Approximately 185 sq. ft.

So looking at the deck plans, I'd hazard that there is perhaps also a 6 sq ft difference in the C - HH category staterooms.....

BTW, I am updating the site as quickly as I can startinf with the Back Up web site :)

Joanie

sparty1
January 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Thx so much for your response. An HH in the very front of ship is still available, and sounds better as for "view", but on a 30 day cruise I'm not so sure I'd want to be in the absolute front with the risk of rough seas? Otherwise...

Yes, it is a staircase, which is enclosed in glass. So, there will be light in your cabin, but no view to speak of.

Personally, I would rather have an obstructed view which has the hull of the ship across the decking. There are such cabins which have a real sightline to the sea and sky, if you look to the side.

Cruisin Suzin
January 12th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Joanie do you have any new information on the VQ for the Nieuw Amsterdam..wondering if they have Juliet balconies or regular...and how is the motion and noise they are near the crow's nest lounge..on the panorama deck. Crow's nest seems far enough away though but wondering how long it's open..

IRL_Joanie
January 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joanie do you have any new information on the VQ for the Nieuw Amsterdam..wondering if they have Juliet balconies or regular...and how is the motion and noise they are near the crow's nest lounge..on the panorama deck. Crow's nest seems far enough away though but wondering how long it's open..

Only the deck 11 VQ's have the Juliette Verandahs. Deck 10 VQ's are large enough for 2 chairs and a small table. I have photos of 10032 here that I took in December during a Cabin Crawl: http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-10.html.

No one mentioned noise or motion problems from anywhere on that deck, other than maybe our CC M&G during the cabin crawl:)

You might want to ask the noise question of CC member: Roni & Tony (that is their CC name) as this was their stateroom.

Joanie

Cruisin Suzin
January 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks Joanie..

alpal1993
January 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I booked room 8056 on Westerdam for our up coming cruise in March.I already paid in full and I am now a little apprehensive about my choice.I fear even if I do get offered an upsell it will be too much as the cruise has gone up significantly.I wonder if someone has a picture of that room?Can anyone tell me what is around this room as the map just shows empty space without any details.

Cruisin Suzin
January 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
We are having our meet and greet at the Captains Corner do you know where that is?

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I booked room 8056 on Westerdam for our up coming cruise in March.I already paid in full and I am now a little apprehensive about my choice.I fear even if I do get offered an upsell it will be too much as the cruise has gone up significantly.I wonder if someone has a picture of that room?

I do have photos of J's on the Noordam & Eurodam. Looking at the deck plans for both Noordam and Westerdam, Westerdam's J 8056 looks larger, they look about the same size as the J's on the Eurodam's Deck 8. Here are the links

Westerdam Deck Plan (Deck 8)http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-8.jpg
Noordam Deck Plan (Deck 8)http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/No-deck-8.jpg
J 8130 Noordam: http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-8.html

Eurodam Deck Plan (Deck 8)[/URL]http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/deck-8.jpg (http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-8.html)
Eurodam J photo Deck 8: [URL]http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-8.html

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
We are having our meet and greet at the Captains Corner do you know where that is?

It is in the Crow's Nest. On the even numbered side (I think Port) in a little area that is quite comfortable and well laid out.

Joanie

kazu
January 17th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hi Joannie,

I have been reviewing your website which is a Godsend. We are booked on the Prisendam and doing Deluxe Verandah suite (s). I tried finding some pics, but didn't do too well.

would you or anyone know - we are currently booked on sports deck as I read on some threads that people on the Lido heard noise from the running track and some people smelled the barbq.

we have to go downstairs to go to the Neptune, but the Penthouse is on the sports bar too, so it would appear to be the better deck? (hopefully it's not much rougher there?)

did we make a right choice or should I switch. If you have feedback on your website that I missed I would appreciate any advice.

If not, no worries. You have done a lot of tremendous work for us and it is truly appreciated. Jacqui

mconthehighseas
January 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
kazu, it's a matter of personal preference. (You were probably afraid I'd say that.) Some people like being close to the Neptune Lounge, and some would prefer to be further away.

We were in a Superior Suite on the Prinsendam, and spent almost every evening in the Crow's Nest, the bar on the Sports Deck. We thought then that we would not want to have a suite up there because it could get noisy. But we have been in Deluxe Suites on cruises since then, and since the rooms are so large, now I am not so sure that we would have heard much noise. And trust me, if they upgrade me to a PH, I am not going turn that down! Unless you are out on your balcony, I don't know why you would hear track noise or smell the BBQ, but that would be true for both decks.

Hope this helps somewhat, until someone who has actually stayed in one of those cabins can reply.

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Joannie,

I have been reviewing your website which is a Godsend. We are booked on the Prisendam and doing Deluxe Verandah suite (s). I tried finding some pics, but didn't do too well.

would you or anyone know - we are currently booked on sports deck as I read on some threads that people on the Lido heard noise from the running track and some people smelled the barbq.

we have to go downstairs to go to the Neptune, but the Penthouse is on the sports bar too, so it would appear to be the better deck? (hopefully it's not much rougher there?)

did we make a right choice or should I switch. If you have feedback on your website that I missed I would appreciate any advice.

If not, no worries. You have done a lot of tremendous work for us and it is truly appreciated. Jacqui

Looking at the side by side Chart for the Prinsendam Decks, I cannot see how anyone could hear noise from the Jogging track as there are no staterooms under it:confused:

Here is the Side By Side Chart for Prinsendam (as you can see the jogging track is over the Lido Mid Ship Pool area and the Lido Restaraunt itself Not over any staterooms. The Only thing over the staterooms on the Sports deck is the sky:) http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Prinsendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

I think you made a great choice!! Let me add here that Lido or Sports Deck, either looks to be a good place to be:)

Joanie

mconthehighseas
January 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joanie, some of the decks on the Prinsendam have been updated since the Chart you have was done. I believe the decks that kazu is interested have not changed, but the Promenade deck was redone, especially on the aft end.

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Joanie, some of the decks on the Prinsendam have been updated since the Chart you have was done. I believe the decks that kazu is interested have not changed, but the Promenade deck was redone, especially on the aft end.

Rats......... I had not noticed that when I redid the Rinsendam pages on the back up site:eek: I'll have to fix them after I get the Main Site looking like the back up site, sometime this week.

Thanks for letting me know:). I usually notice those things, but.....:eek:

Joanie

mconthehighseas
January 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Joanie, you have a fantastic site. I felt terrible telling you about that, since I knew it must have been an oversight. But since this thread is about helping people choose cabins, I figured I needed to point that out.

By the way, I used the pictures of the cabin next to ours to convince my SIL to book it for our next cruise. :D My husband is thrilled that they are considering joining us. Thanks!

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Joanie, you have a fantastic site. I felt terrible telling you about that, since I knew it must have been an oversight. But since this thread is about helping people choose cabins, I figured I needed to point that out.

By the way, I used the pictures of the cabin next to ours to convince my SIL to book it for our next cruise. :D My husband is thrilled that they are considering joining us. Thanks!

Oh No, my friend, I NEED you and the other CC members to point out the inaccuracies and corrections that need to be made!!!!

This is a joint project and I cannot do it by myself:) So any and all correct info is definitely welcomed, at all times!!

AND, if you can think of anything else that you'd like to see, just tell me and I will see what I can do:)

Glad you were able to helping to convince your SIL:):)

Joanie

January 17th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Swami Joanie!

Thanx again for all your hard work on this site - it is truly a treasure trove! Unfortunately, no photos of 2707 on the Main Deck of the lovely Amsterdam. I'm going back to Alaska again this year (YAY!) but this time leaving DH at home to Piper-sit (our Springer puppy:D) and taking my dear sweet niece and her boyfriend, so we had to get a cabin that slept atleast three. Found 2707 that sleeps four, near the aft of the Main Deck, which I understand again has that wonderful little "secret" deck on the aft. Have seen photos of 4 passenger cabins on other ships, but none on the A that I could find. Any ideas of which of those cabins on other ships (Volendam, I believe was one) that might be similar? And any idea if the sofa bed is comfortable, or should we bite the bullet and use the one pull down bed (which doesn't look like it is comfortable or convenient to me:o). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girl, you're the best!

BTW - I noticed you are sailing with our dear friends Rhodi and LVSue on the Zuiderdam this Sept. Lucky you! They are good folks, so much fun, you're going to enjoy them! Wish they were sailing with us again!

Cruisin Suzin
January 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
It is in the Crow's Nest. On the even numbered side (I think Port) in a little area that is quite comfortable and well laid out.

Joanie

Thanks kiddo..

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hi Swami Joanie!

Thanx again for all your hard work on this site - it is truly a treasure trove! Unfortunately, no photos of 2707 on the Main Deck of the lovely Amsterdam. I'm going back to Alaska again this year (YAY!) but this time leaving DH at home to Piper-sit (our Springer puppy:D) and taking my dear sweet niece and her boyfriend, so we had to get a cabin that slept atleast three. Found 2707 that sleeps four, near the aft of the Main Deck, which I understand again has that wonderful little "secret" deck on the aft. Have seen photos of 4 passenger cabins on other ships, but none on the A that I could find. Any ideas of which of those cabins on other ships (Volendam, I believe was one) that might be similar? And any idea if the sofa bed is comfortable, or should we bite the bullet and use the one pull down bed (which doesn't look like it is comfortable or convenient to me:o). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girl, you're the best!

BTW - I noticed you are sailing with our dear friends Rhodi and LVSue on the Zuiderdam this Sept. Lucky you! They are good folks, so much fun, you're going to enjoy them! Wish they were sailing with us again!

As close as I can see via photos and deck plans, the closest stateroom photos might possibly be G 2606 on the Zaandam: http://abqreunion2008.com/Zaandam/Deck-2.html Keep in mind that it is not a triple or quad so ....

IF you do end up with having to use the bunk, have the steward make the foot of the bed up as the head instead. That way it will be less dangerous to your head and other body parts:)

Also, from all accounts only one review has given any of the sofa beds bad reviews. The one was due to slats breaking.

Yeah, we are on the same cruise and already looking at our M&G and Verandah parties and sail aw3ays and... well ya got's do picture:) :)

Wish i could give you photos of 2707 but....

Joanie

kazu
January 17th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Looking at the side by side Chart for the Prinsendam Decks, I cannot see how anyone could hear noise from the Jogging track as there are no staterooms under it:confused:

Here is the Side By Side Chart for Prinsendam (as you can see the jogging track is over the Lido Mid Ship Pool area and the Lido Restaraunt itself Not over any staterooms. The Only thing over the staterooms on the Sports deck is the sky:) http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Prinsendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

I think you made a great choice!! Let me add here that Lido or Sports Deck, either looks to be a good place to be:)

Joanie

thanks to both of you. there were some reviews where people complained about the smell of the bbq from the terrace grill and hearing people on the jogging track. I'm serious. When I looked at their rooms they were on the Lido deck. They also said they would never book a deluxe verandah on the Prisendam again. (scary thought.

anyways, taking it to heart, I moved to the sports deck. I didn't want to make a mistake on this 20 day cruise. what the heck, I'm next to the penthouse, maybe the upsell fairy will move me there?

I do enjoy our balcony and with 7 days at sea (or 8 if we don't tender at HMC), I didn't want to make a mistake in this all important selection.

thanks for your help. :)

IRL_Joanie
January 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM
thanks to both of you. there were some reviews where people complained about the smell of the bbq from the terrace grill and hearing people on the jogging track. I'm serious. When I looked at their rooms they were on the Lido deck. They also said they would never book a deluxe verandah on the Prisendam again. (scary thought.

anyways, taking it to heart, I moved to the sports deck. I didn't want to make a mistake on this 20 day cruise. what the heck, I'm next to the penthouse, maybe the upsell fairy will move me there?

I do enjoy our balcony and with 7 days at sea (or 8 if we don't tender at HMC), I didn't want to make a mistake in this all important selection.

thanks for your help. :)

Glad to be of service Jacqui:)

Joanie

January 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Thank you Joanie - will check that out. And for the advice about the overhead bunk - genius! Even tho my niece has offered to take the upper bunk if the sofa bed isn't comfy, I would never have thought about the person below and how her getting up and down might affect them. Yikes!:eek: Will give that serious thought once we actually get in the cabin and check out the comfort of the sofa bed. We're all three campers though, and used to tight quarters and uncomfortable cots w/sleeping bags, so I think we'll do just fine! Again, thank you!

kazu
January 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Just to say thanks - I have been hunting for the Prisendam dining room plan high and low and then thought, wait, I'll check your site.

And there it was. There is so much excellent info here for everyone. :):)

Thank you again:):):)

Cruisin Suzin
January 23rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Joanie ..I am sailing on Feb 4th is there anything you forgot to get an image of I doubt it that you would like to have I'll take it for you..

IRL_Joanie
January 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Joanie ..I am sailing on Feb 4th is there anything you forgot to get an image of I doubt it that you would like to have I'll take it for you..

I want everything:)

I was unable to get any really good photos of the Show Room At Sea....

Also, all of the photos I took of the Public Areas had Christmas Decorations. I'd like to have photos of everywhere without those. The Spa, including Fitness Center, Thermal Suit, Sauna (can;t remember if there is one)... and anything else you can think of:)

And Staterooms!!! Specifically, if you can the Penthouse, Interior Staterooms, Ocean View Staterooms, Heck all categories that you can get, I'd be deeply grateful!!!!!

OH, Need a favor of you PLEASE?????

Can you go to the Front Desk and ask Analiza if she has received my email?? She is such a sweety and asked me to email her, but I have heard nothing from her, so am worried. Give her my email address again irl_joanie@yahoo.com and tell her I think about her all the time.

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
January 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Just to say thanks - I have been hunting for the Prisendam dining room plan high and low and then thought, wait, I'll check your site.

And there it was. There is so much excellent info here for everyone. :):)

Thank you again:):):)

You are very welcome. I try to get everything in one place for easy access:)

Joanie

rury
January 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
We will be in an inside cabin on the Ryndam TA. I notice that cabins K548 & K549 are larger than others. However, they back up to the stairwell & could be noisy. I would love the extra space since there are three of us but not if it is noisy. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Ruth

IRL_Joanie
January 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
We will be in an inside cabin on the Ryndam TA. I notice that cabins K548 & K549 are larger than others. However, they back up to the stairwell & could be noisy. I would love the extra space since there are three of us but not if it is noisy. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Ruth

Ruth, Not sure if you've seen the phtos and description of K 548 but they are here if you want to see and read: http://abqreunion2008.com/Ryndam/Deck-5.html

I think these are from 2010, but I cannot remember for sure (I normally note the date, but did not on these). Sorry.

No mention of noise so I cannot help you with that question either.

Joanie

RuthC
January 23rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
I've stayed in an equavalent cabin on all the R-class ships; never on the S-class, though.
On the R-class ships, my cabin was truly larger than the other insides. It doesn't just "feel" larger due to the different configuration, it really is larger. My cabin had passageway on two sides, a staircase on the third side, and a steward passageway on the fourth side. I never heard any noise from any direction.

A few things to know about this cabin:
First, the door opens directly into the room, with no privacy curtain. Be careful entering if someone is likely to be asleep, or not fully dressed!
Second, the bathroom door opens directly into the room. When you turn on the light in the middle of the night, it shines right into the entire room. Bring a flashlight, or use a nightlight in there instead.
Third, when the twin beds are separate, you can't open the drawers under them, as there isn't enough room between the foot of the bed and the desk/couch. If the beds are together, you can open the drawers, but it's a tight squeeze getting by the desk/couch. Pass-able, but tight.

This is my favorite inside cabin configuration on all the S- and R-class ships.

rury
January 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks so very much, Ruth. You told me what I wanted to hear. I'll let you know how it works out for us when we get back home. Ruth L.

RuthC
January 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks so very much, Ruth. You told me what I wanted to hear. I'll let you know how it works out for us when we get back home. Ruth L.
You're very welcome. Hope it works out great for you---I'll be looking forward to reading what you have to say!

puli
January 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ok Everyone, it is by NO means complete or even 1/10 of the way to being complete, but, that said....

Here is the link to the my HAL Staterooms and Cabins Web Pages:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

Joanie, I am having trouble now getting any pictures off your web site. I know last year I was able to, so obviously I am doing something wrong. I am particularly interested in pictures of the SS balconies that are adjacent to the "corner/angled balconies". I wanted to see just how private they really were. Can you tell me ,once I have clicked on a ship what I do next to see real pictures? All I seem to do is be able to see the stock ship's photo of an SS cabin. Does this make sense? Thanks!

jaspersmycat
January 24th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Joanie:

Just e-mailed you pictures of K2619 on the Zaandam.

Thanks to RuthC - you are right, it is a large cabin and VERY quiet.

RuthC
January 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks to RuthC - you are right, it is a large cabin and VERY quiet.
Not to mention a perfect location. Glad it worked out well for you.
Of course, now I'll never be able to get in it ever again. :rolleyes:

puli
January 25th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joanie, I am having trouble now getting any pictures off your web site. I know last year I was able to, so obviously I am doing something wrong. I am particularly interested in pictures of the SS balconies that are adjacent to the "corner/angled balconies". I wanted to see just how private they really were. Can you tell me ,once I have clicked on a ship what I do next to see real pictures? All I seem to do is be able to see the stock ship's photo of an SS cabin. Does this make sense? Thanks!

Now I know I am in big trouble...I was forgetting to scroll down until I reached the true pictures on each deck of each ship. Ah well, "moma said there would be days like this!"

Great pictures and a real bonus to all of us!!!

IRL_Joanie
January 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Now I know I am in big trouble...I was forgetting to scroll down until I reached the true pictures on each deck of each ship. Ah well, "moma said there would be days like this!"

Great pictures and a real bonus to all of us!!!

Tis not a problem, believew me, I've been there and done the same on other sites:)

I am currently revamping BOTH the Main and Back up sites so that it will be asier to see what staterooms are available and by Deck!!

Instead of one LONG page for each ship's staterooms, they are divided into Decks and you click on the deck number, i.e.; Deck 3 (http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Deck-3.html) - Lower Promenade Deck Staterooms 3300–3439 you click on Deck 3 (http://abqreunion2008.com/Rotterdam/Deck-3.html) and it will take you to descriptions and photos of ONLY the staterooms on Deck 3....

So far all of the Regular stateroom photos for the back up site are completed. The Main site is now completed through Rotterdam.

As soon as I finish the Main Site's Zuiderdam, I will then break each of the Public Areas for each ship down the same way.

I am glaad that the site is helping so many people. It makes it easier for all of us:)

Joanie

puli
January 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Joanie, Your computer skills are amazing! What a great help !

Moose Tracks
February 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM
Joanie...I've just e-mailed you our photos of E452 on Prinsendam. Thanks for all your hard work.

Lynn

IRL_Joanie
February 1st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Joanie...I've just e-mailed you our photos of E452 on Prinsendam. Thanks for all your hard work.

Lynn

Lynn, they are awesome!!! Such details, wow!!! I will have them up first thing in the morning!!

The photos and your detailed description will definitely help others looking for this info:)

Thank You so much!!

Joanie

wicheesehead
February 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM
We are planning (DH and I) on going in 2012 on the 14 day alaska cruise. We think an inside would be find, more $$ for ports or would ov cabin better. We had a balcony for our first cruise, used it mostly in the morning and to check the weather. We were thinking of I 7048 or DD 7055. Would appreciate others opinions. Motion doesn't bother us.

Thanks to all

IRL_Joanie
February 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
We are planning (DH and I) on going in 2012 on the 14 day alaska cruise. We think an inside would be find, more $$ for ports or would ov cabin better. We had a balcony for our first cruise, used it mostly in the morning and to check the weather. We were thinking of I 7048 or DD 7055. Would appreciate others opinions. Motion doesn't bother us.

Thanks to all

No photos of either stateroom yet, but do have a description of DD 7056 at: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Joanie

newcruisers2
February 6th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Hi Joanie....I have been searching for pictures of Zuiderdam cabin and balcony VA 7136 and have not been having any luck. I was wondering if you may have some photos to share of this cabin? Thanks:)

IRL_Joanie
February 6th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Hi Joanie....I have been searching for pictures of Zuiderdam cabin and balcony VA 7136 and have not been having any luck. I was wondering if you may have some photos to share of this cabin? Thanks:)

Unfortunately no photos of the VA Afts on Zuiderdam yet.... BUT do have some of VA 7134 and VA 7138 on Westerdam, which should be nearly identical to the Zuiderdam VA 7136... You can view those here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-7.html

Hopefully, I will get some of Zuiderdam before September when I cruise on her....

Joanie

newcruisers2
February 7th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Joanie...that helps!:)

pamlh1
February 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times. But please could someone give me info on the two handicapped cabins VA6001 and VA6002. We have both cabins booked for July 31,out of Copenhagen. I have seen the stock Hall pictures but it really is not showing me enough. Dad is in a wheelchair and can not walk. I'm wondering how much room there is to move around with the wheelchair? There also will be 3 of us in the cabin,how is the room lay out and will we have enough room as in storage and move around.
Thank you :o

February 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM
wicheesehead - we had cabin 7056 on the Amsterdam last May 31st for the 14 day itinerary, and our friends had 7055, right next door. THE best value for the money - you will love it!!! 7055 is a bit more of an "obstructed" view because of the stairs up to the lido deck in front of the window, but they are open stairs so you still get the aft wake views, and you are just steps (literally! I think maybe 5 steps to that "secret deck" back there. We LOVED IT!!! Easy access to the Lido for food or drinks or even more panoramic views on glacier day, no one other than us and our friends on the aft secret deck - you just can't beat the value! The next best thing to being in a balcony cabin in our opinion- and we'd only ever sailed to Alaska twice before in a balcony on a Vista class ship, so this was a whole new experience. We were a bit nervous, thinking we'd really miss the balcony, but truthfully, didn't miss it one bit! Perfect space for two people, it was really great! I think you will be pleased with your choice! What sailing are you on? I'm going back again, this time on the Aug. 5th sailing on this very same itinerary this year - but DH is staying home to dog sit and I'm going with my niece and her boyfriend to show them "my Alaska." Sooooo excited! Unfortunately, neither 7055 or 7056 will sleep three, so we've booked an oceanview on the Main Deck, again near the aft, and I understand there is also another small secret deck out those back doors as well, so we're looking forward to a similar experience - fingers crossed!;)

IRL_Joanie
February 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times. But please could someone give me info on the two handicapped cabins VA6001 and VA6002. We have both cabins booked for July 31,out of Copenhagen. I have seen the stock Hall pictures but it really is not showing me enough. Dad is in a wheelchair and can not walk. I'm wondering how much room there is to move around with the wheelchair? There also will be 3 of us in the cabin,how is the room lay out and will we have enough room as in storage and move around.
Thank you :o

Yours is one of the reasons I started the HAL Staterooms/Cabins websit. I hate generic photos that MIGHT not even resemble what I get.

Anyway here are Photos of Eurodam's 6001 and 6002 from this past year, thank you Carol for the photos!!:

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/sm-IMG_6001B-1.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/IMG_6001B-1.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/sm-IMG_6001C-1.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/IMG_6001C-1.jpg)
[
Photos taken December 2010
[
Cruise Critic Member: CarolZaga
[
VA 6002 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/sm-IMG_6002A-1.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/IMG_6002A-1.jpg)
[
Photos taken December 2010
[

And here are photos of the same staterooms on the Nieuw Amsterdam with description (again, Thank you Carol!!)

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-B_CZaga.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-B_CZaga.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-C_CZaga.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-C_CZaga.jpg)
[
I just received more photos from HALs Access & Compliance for cabins 6001 and 6002 (IRL_Joanie's Note: VA 6002 is the exact duplicate of VA 6001) on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Well, it appears that in the new design for the Nieuw Amsterdam, they removed the sofa bed and replaced it with a chair. Also, there is a very large "pole" in the cabin which probably was the reason why they changed the layout of these cabins in comparison to the sister ship Eurodam. Every now and then I have to question the thinking of architects -- they put a handicapped-accessible cabin at the front of the ship, which experiences the most motion and is furthest away from the elevators and they put a pole in the middle of the cabin for wheelchairs and scooters to maneuver around -- go figure! Photos December 2010
[

I sure help these help you out. I was surprised while visiting 6001 on Nieuw Amsterdam, during a cabin crawl, just how large this stateroom is.

Joanie

pamlh1
February 13th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Hello,After reading your post I was wondering if there is a (secret deck)on the Eurodam? If so could you give us the location?
Thanks

pamlh1
February 13th, 2011, 07:41 PM
[quote=IRL_Joanie;27927504]Yours is one of the reasons I started the HAL Staterooms/Cabins websit. I hate generic photos that MIGHT not even resemble what I get.

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom) [
VA 6002 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)
Cruise Critic Member: CarolZaga [
[/URL]--[URL="http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-C_CZaga.jpg"] (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-B_CZaga.jpg) Thank you so very much for the info. I will be sure and take pictures of the cabin and bathroom and post when I return. It really helps when planning to see what you will really be staying in. I agree with you the handicapped cabins are sometimes not laid out or in the best place on the ship.I am not sure who designs the cabins but give a real handicapped person the drawing board and things would be a lot better. One can only wish.
Thanks again:D

HamburgAvonLady
February 14th, 2011, 12:07 PM
:) Any photos of this cabin out there ??? Wonder about the size of the balcony as it is angled. Thanks so much. ;)

IRL_Joanie
February 14th, 2011, 02:53 PM
:) Any photos of this cabin out there ??? Wonder about the size of the balcony as it is angled. Thanks so much. ;)

We had 5054 on Oosterdam (same stateroom, opposite side of ship) and loved it. It was quite large!! and the Verandah was almost unbelievably large. Photos of VF 5054 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html It did not have a sofa because the room is needed by wheelchairs, scooters, etc.

Joanie

alpal1993
February 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I am so happy I was able to change my room to another cat J that doesn't have any mystery spaces around it.It also appears to be one of teh larger rooms as well.Thanks for your help

HamburgAvonLady
February 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks Joanie -- by any chance - did you have a motorized scooter and if so -- was there enough space to walk around it ? On RCCL's Mariner of the Seas -- we had the coffee table removed for more room as we needed to charge the unit overnite. (However, this was NOT a handicaped cabin).

IRL_Joanie
February 21st, 2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks Joanie -- by any chance - did you have a motorized scooter and if so -- was there enough space to walk around it ? On RCCL's Mariner of the Seas -- we had the coffee table removed for more room as we needed to charge the unit overnite. (However, this was NOT a handicaped cabin).

Yes, I use a motorized scooter, but not in the stateroom itself. I normally park it in the dressing room area in the SY, SC and SA category staterooms when it is not in use, and yes there is plenty of room to avoid it when it is parked there:)

IF I had need to use it in the stateroom, I would have had the steward remove one chair and moved the coffee table against the sofa, and then would have had no problems.

I am able to walk as long as there is furniture or walls close enough to hold onto so no need to use the scooter in the room itself:)

In the V Category Non Handicapped staterooms, there is not even room to park the scooter in the room, so I have to have the stewards take it to another location on the ship with the charger for the night.

I've learned, the hard way, not to book anything less than an SY, SZ or SS stateroom, if for nothing else, the spaciousness for the scooter in the stateroom.

Joanie

HamburgAvonLady
February 21st, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the info --- we will just need room to bring the scooter in at night and charge it. DH can walk with a cane or holding on to
furniture.

BEENAROUNDTHEBLOCK
February 28th, 2011, 09:40 PM
STATTENDAM APRIL 2010

NO WORKING ELEVATORS, NO AIRCONDITIONING IN ROOM OR DINING ROOM, COLD FOOD, LEAKS STEAMING DOWN IN BUCKETS ALL OVER THE SHIP, RUDE, TERRIBLE SERVICE, POOR TO TERRIBLE QUALITY OF FOOD, NO APOLOGY.

THAT PRETTY MUCH DESCRIBES HOLLAND AMERICA.:mad:

IT WAS OUR 14TH CRUISE ON SEVERAL CRUISE LINES. ONCE, IS ALL WE'LL EVER SAIL HOLLAND AMERICA!!!!

SAILING ON GRAND PRINCESS (2ND TIME) MARCH 14 TO SOUTHERN CARRIBEAN. WILL NEVER LEAVE PRINCESS AGAIN. BTW, UPGRADED FROM BALCONY TO SUITE DUE TO PLATINUM STATUS. :)

HamburgAvonLady
February 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Sorry for your poor experience. However yours seems to be in the minority --- also as your cruise was almost a year ago --- kind of late to be complaining. Hopefully,you sent your comments to the proper personnal. We feel the same about Princess, BTW.One cruise on the Dawn was more than enough for us !!! Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

IRL_Joanie
March 2nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
It has taken a while (nearly 2 months) but the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site has now been completely and totally revamped to make it easier to find what you are looking for and LESS Graphic Intensive!!

I've completely categorized the Staterooms by Deck and the Public Areas by Type, i.e., Bars & Lounges, Main Dining Room, etc.

I hope this makes things easier for everyone and if anyone has any other ideas of how to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for, send me an email HERE (irl_joanie@yahoo.com) and I will do my best to make it happen.

Main Site is here:http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/
Back Up Site is here: http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

Cruisergal1208
March 5th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joanie, do you have pictures of the bump out cabins on Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam or Noordam? Cabin #'s 7088 & 7087 or 7093.
Thanks. Never mind. I kept searching and found what I was looking for.

IRL_Joanie
March 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Joanie, do you have pictures of the bump out cabins on Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam or Noordam? Cabin #'s 7088 & 7087 or 7093.
Thanks. Never mind. I kept searching and found what I was looking for.

Was getting ready to go and find the photos , only after reading the first sentence, then saw that you'd found them:)

If you need any questions answered...

Joanie

alpal1993
March 8th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks for all your help.After all the worry about my first choosen room 8056 surrounded by pool rooms,then to Same Cat J on Main deck,HAL sent T/A an email with an upsell offer for a VA Aft Balcony on Navigation Deck.Good thing I only have to keep the secret from DH for 2 more days LOL Boy will he be surprised.
I see you are from NM.Next year we will be touring Arizona and New Mexico for an area to retire in.So no cruise until 2013 when we plan to take GS on a Canada New England cruise,on Masdam.Only wish that the Lanai cabins were equipt for 3 people.

March 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hey alpal - what great news about your upsell! An aft balcony, woo-hoo! Won't DH be shocked and surprised! Sounds wonderful - enjoy your trip! I'm envious!

alpal1993
March 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hey alpal - what great news about your upsell! An aft balcony, woo-hoo! Won't DH be shocked and surprised! Sounds wonderful - enjoy your trip! I'm envious!

Don't be envious your going to Alaska again

IRL_Joanie
March 9th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Thanks for all your help.After all the worry about my first choosen room 8056 surrounded by pool rooms,then to Same Cat J on Main deck,HAL sent T/A an email with an upsell offer for a VA Aft Balcony on Navigation Deck.Good thing I only have to keep the secret from DH for 2 more days LOL Boy will he be surprised.
I see you are from NM.Next year we will be touring Arizona and New Mexico for an area to retire in.So no cruise until 2013 when we plan to take GS on a Canada New England cruise,on Masdam.Only wish that the Lanai cabins were equipt for 3 people.

I really enjoy helping and being able to do this makes me happy:)

I am so glad that now you only have 1 day to keep the secret from your hubby:) I'd have broken down by now:D

Give me a heads up when you plan on coming through Albuquerque and we can get together!!

Joanie

frbob
March 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
There is a wonderful web site that I joined. It is very little money to join ( 12.99 for lifetime memebership), and you get so much information for the type of room you are looking for, along with photos from real people, not just what the cruiseline wants you to see. In fact that is where I found this website, it had a link to it.

http://cruisestateroom.com/

The price is now $24.99 for the lifetime membership.

IRL_Joanie
March 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
The price is now $24.99 for the lifetime membership.

Why should anyone have to pay for information on what their staterooms look like?

Sure, I could charge... But why??

It costs me all of under $10.00 per month to host the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site and I ask nothing in return, well I do ask that fellow Cruise Critic Members take photos and share them with us all.

JMO

Joanie

mconthehighseas
March 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
The website mentioned above has information for most of the main cruiselines, not just HAL. so if someone wanted to compare a HAL suite to one on Azamara, it would be useful. But if you only cruise once a year, it might not be worth it. It's not a lot of money, but it is a night at the slot machines for me.

portofrome
March 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Hi Joanie,
thanks for your great and job. These are the photos of my cabin on my New Zealand Australia cruise on the beautiful Volendam. Midship location, very quite and lovely! I hope this will be helpful for the site.

http://i53.tinypic.com/j8faro.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ja2z7.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/fy1g82.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/4ufh9f.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/30sy04w.jpg

portofrome
March 15th, 2011, 01:01 AM
...and more:

http://i53.tinypic.com/dr8a6s.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/x6j1ix.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/eju5vl.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2e1acrp.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/140851.jpg

IRL_Joanie
March 15th, 2011, 06:56 AM
...and more:

Got them all and will get them up today:)

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanie

frank wilson
March 16th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Hey Joanie,
I'm going to be on the Eurodam next month and I will try to get some pictures for you!! I think it is a great idea, Thank you for taking the time to do this!! :)

I agree I would much rather just view than have to pay:rolleyes:

i will be on the eurodam in may i have a balcony on the navigation deck
8062 is the cabin number

any info will be appreciated

IRL_Joanie
March 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM
i will be on the eurodam in may i have a balcony on the navigation deck
8062 is the cabin number

any info will be appreciated

The closest I can come to your stateroom on the Eurodam is jtl513's photos and comments of the equivalent on Nieuw Amsterdam V 8057, which is just a few cabins towards the front of the ship and opposite side as yours.

V 8057 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 8 Navigation Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-V-8057_jtl513-1p.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/V-8057_jtl513-1p.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-V-8057_jtl513-2p.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/V-8057_jtl513-2p.jpg)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-V-8057_jtl513-3p.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/V-8057_jtl513-3p.jpg)
[
It's pretty much the same as any other Vista or Signature verandah VA to VC cabin except that it has a 7 foot deep balcony instead of 6 foot. It is located below the Lido cabanas and the aisle in front of them. We did hear some brief lounge-chair dragging noises occasionally, but the only significant noise was for about an hour and a half the night of the chocolate dessert exravaganza by the Lido pool.
[
The wifi signal was not great, but usable. Photos October 2010
[
Cruise Critic Member: jtl513

Hope this helps a bit.

Joanie

Bixa525
March 17th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Can anyone show me pics of any of the Large Interior Staterooms aboard the Noordam?

IRL_Joanie
March 17th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Can anyone show me pics of any of the Large Interior Staterooms aboard the Noordam?

Any photos I have of the Noordam's Large Interior Staterooms will be here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

You can also check for them on the other 3 Vista ships (sister ships to Noordam) by going to these links:

Oosterdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html
Westerdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html
Zuiderdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Joanie

Bixa525
March 17th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you Joanie!

skydancing
March 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
We are going on our first cruise ever in September on the Noordam - back to back 20 days cruise.

We have been given cabin 4019 and I know it has the steel balcony but unsure exactly what it means and also wonder just what the cabin looks like (only seen the HAL photos). Is it a good room? Anybody know anything about it? Many thanks in advance.

IRL_Joanie
March 18th, 2011, 07:27 PM
We are going on our first cruise ever in September on the Noordam - back to back 20 days cruise.

We have been given cabin 4019 and I know it has the steel balcony but unsure exactly what it means and also wonder just what the cabin looks like (only seen the HAL photos). Is it a good room? Anybody know anything about it? Many thanks in advance.

The photos below are of VF 4022 but will be a duplicate of 4019, just opposite side of ship. You can click on each photo to see it full sized.

Joanie

VF 4022 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-017.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/VF-4022_CruiseManiac-017.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-026.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/VF-4022_CruiseManiac-026.jpg)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-025.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/VF-4022_CruiseManiac-025.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-z12.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/VF-4022_CruiseManiac-z12.jpg)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/sm-VF-4022_CruiseManiac-Z9.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/VF-4022_CruiseManiac-Z9.jpg)
[
VF 4022 - steel sided verandah on Deck 4 - ms Noordam. My sister and I loved the cabin, the location and the privacy and roominess that the verandah offered. One drawback if you are a light sleeper would be the late night rehearsals from the below theaters. While my sister and I could hear voices/music near the bathroom /closet area, this was silenced once we turned on my "white noise" machine. However, my brother was staying in the same cabin location on the opposite side of the ship, and he could hear the singers/music loud and clear! He did not have a "white noise" machine to cover the noise. He at first thought the singing was coming from the cabin next door, and proceeded to bang on the wall. lol When that didn't do the trick, he called the purser to complain. He was told it was the performers practicing for an upcoming show. Shortly thereafter, the singing stopped. The next day, a chocolate covered strawberry plate was delivered to his stateroom.
[
Cruise Critic Member: CruiseManiac

skydancing
March 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Thank you for that. Now I am a bit worried about the noise angle but guess we will get used to it. Cheers

Cruisin Kay D
March 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM
Joanie: FYI: Westerdam cabins 4159 & 4161 are NOT connecting!! Learned this when we walked into the cabins. I was NOT a happy cruiser on embarkation day!!!!

IRL_Joanie
March 21st, 2011, 07:06 PM
Joanie: FYI: Westerdam cabins 4159 & 4161 are NOT connecting!! Learned this when we walked into the cabins. I was NOT a happy cruiser on embarkation day!!!!

I believe you!! But I have a request for you... Do you have any photos to prove it??

I am serious, I am going to make a note on the web site something to the effect that "CONTRARY to the Deck Plans from HAL, VD 4159 and VD 4161 ARE NOT Connecting rooms!!" And I can show people who are contemplating these 2 staterooms because they are listed as such.

Thank you for this info, as I said as soon as I hit submit on this post I will go and make that note for the 2 staterooms.

I can understand 100% your fury at this:(

Edited to add: I have the following up on the Westerdam Index Page and on Deck 4 Page: IMPORTANT INFORMATION: "CONTRARY to the Deck Plans from HAL, VD 4159 & VD 4161 ARE NOT CONNECTING ROOMS!!"

Joanie

Cruisin Kay D
March 22nd, 2011, 11:48 PM
Joannie: No, sorry, dumb me -- no pictures!!
Let me tell you -- not only was I furious, my TA has been also going round & round with Seattle on this matter, trying to find out why they would leave a mistake (the door between those 2 rooms) on deck plans for all these years. She cannot believe that I am the FIRST one to be misled! Now the man in Seattle she has been talking to (Walter) is saying that the person who told her for sure they were connecting is "doesn't work with Westerdam -- he was in charge of Eurodam" whatever the heck that means. All we got to soothe our problem was the balcony separator door opened and "compensation" of 3 soda cards and a 5 bottle wine pkg (cheaper one).

Another note you should put on the quad balcony cabins is that when the loveseat is opened into a twin bed, the bottom is up against the desk/refrig door, so we could not get to the balcony door, which was the way I was supposed to go to check on my grandkids in the other cabin. The oval table is in the way it was put out on the balcony. Closet storage is good with 3 closets but nearly no drawers -- 2 per bedside nightstand and that is all!!! No storage at all in the desk nor above it -- that was exceptionally disappointing. Due to storage situation, I let the 3 girls keep their things in 4159 and shower/dress there, and in 4161 we had the 3 boys' clothes as well as Mike's & mine. One boy slept in the girls cabin and 2 boys slept with us.

(Oh on top of this cabin disaster, Seattle managed to split us 8 up for dinner with some at one table and rest at another!!!! We got it solved quickly by maitre'd, but it was just another thing my TA was furious about!!! )

mconthehighseas
March 23rd, 2011, 12:54 AM
Kay D, if nothing else good comes of this, at least you know you have a great TA who will go to bat for you. And she obviously cares about your welfare. That is exactly what this situation calls for.

As for the Westerdam/ Eurodam comments, Ship Services has a different person assigned to each ship to handle arrangements like special orders, setting up meetings, etc. It may have been these people that your TA is working with. If you go to the thread that explains how to set up a Meet and Greet, it gives you the names of the reps for each ship, and their direct phone numbers.

mapas
March 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
has anyone got any pics on cabin 4094 of HAL nieuw amsterdam?

Technically it´s partially obstructed, is this so?

I´m looking for any info. that anyone is willing to share.

Thanks

IRL_Joanie
March 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
has anyone got any pics on cabin 4094 of HAL nieuw amsterdam?

Technically it´s partially obstructed, is this so?

I´m looking for any info. that anyone is willing to share.

Thanks

4074 should be an exact duplicate of 4094 and I do have photos of it and the comments regarding it (click on the photos to see full sized):

G 4074 Large Ocean View Stateroom Upper Promenade Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-forward.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-forward.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_looking-left.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/G-4074_CruiseFx_looking-left.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-right.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/G-4074_CruiseFx_Looking-right.jpg)
[
I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam the week of January 23, 2011 in room 4074 which is a Partially Obstructed category G. Since everyone is always concerned about how obstructed their view is, I have enclosed 3 photos that I have taken. They were taken looking at in 3 directions. There is alot of light since the windows are huge! Photos January 2011
[
Cruise Critic Member: CruiseFx

Yesterday, I took photos of Zuiderdam as she left Port Everglades. I was able to take snap shots of the Deck 4 Obstructed view staterooms, they are behind the Life Boats (will be the same for Nieuw Amsterdam) and as you can see, if we can see the stateroom full length windows then you will also be able to see something:)

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Zuiderdam-Verandahs-03-23-2011.jpg

Joanie

Seabreeze8
March 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Joanne:
Do you have any pictures of HH399 on the Statendam or its sister ship? I assume that the sister ships would have the same setup as the Statendam. It's listed as a fully obstructed oceanview and I'm wondering how obstructed it is. Pictures of the room layout and the bathroom would be great too. Thanks very much in advance.

oreilln
March 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
We are in cabin VF4016 on the Eurodam. I know its a steel balcony and thats its a bit larger - if at all possible, we would like to put a dining table there. Is that possible does anyone know and if so, would the room steward bring us a table (and tablecloth)?
Also where is the sofa and bed in this cabin? Any information appreciated!

mapas
March 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the photos. This way I can have a better idea of what a partially obstructed cabin looks like.

Once again thank you!

By the way if someone has a photo of the exact cabin 4094(Nieuw Amsterdam) even better, since I read somewhere that there´s a clear view out of one side and part of a lifeboat on the other. I was just wondering if anyone could actually confirm that for me.
:)

IRL_Joanie
March 24th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Joanne:
Do you have any pictures of HH399 on the Statendam or its sister ship? I assume that the sister ships would have the same setup as the Statendam. It's listed as a fully obstructed oceanview and I'm wondering how obstructed it is. Pictures of the room layout and the bathroom would be great too. Thanks very much in advance.

No problem, I do this so I can help!! Glad to try and answer as best I can:)

I do not have any HH on Statendam, but have HH 405 on Veendam. Unfortunately this is the only HH I have on any of the S Class ships, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam.

I will not even hazard a guess as to whether they might be similar to an R Class ship or not. The R Class are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam and Zaandam You can check out their HH staterooms on Deck 3 of each of their ships (the same as on S Class ships) here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

HH 405 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/sm-405_Bridget.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/405_Bridget.jpg)
[
MS Veendam Oceanview Stateroom, Deck 6. Fully obstructed view. # 405. This was a very nice stateroom. A good size for two people. Bed was comfy. Deck 6 is nice because there's a promenade around the ship with chaise lounges. Bathroom was also roomy. Even had a tub! Photos 2010.

Cruise Critic Member: Bridget

Wish I could be of more help, but....

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
March 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
We are in cabin VF4016 on the Eurodam. I know its a steel balcony and thats its a bit larger - if at all possible, we would like to put a dining table there. Is that possible does anyone know and if so, would the room steward bring us a table (and tablecloth)?
Also where is the sofa and bed in this cabin? Any information appreciated!

In my own estimation of the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam both, I do not think any verandah, other than possibly the Penthouse, would have a verandah large enough for a MDR table (even if it were a 2 top.

I had an SC aft wrap around stateroom and my verandah would not have fit a Dining room table.

I do not have photos of the stateroom in question on either of the Signature ships.

Joanie

Joanie

Seabreeze8
March 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
No problem, I do this so I can help!! Glad to try and answer as best I can:)

I do not have any HH on Statendam, but have HH 405 on Veendam. Unfortunately this is the only HH I have on any of the S Class ships, Statendam, Maasdam, Ryndam and Veendam.

I will not even hazard a guess as to whether they might be similar to an R Class ship or not. The R Class are Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Volendam and Zaandam You can check out their HH staterooms on Deck 3 of each of their ships (the same as on S Class ships) here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

HH 405 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Lower Promenade Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/sm-405_Bridget.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/405_Bridget.jpg)
[
MS Veendam Oceanview Stateroom, Deck 6. Fully obstructed view. # 405. This was a very nice stateroom. A good size for two people. Bed was comfy. Deck 6 is nice because there's a promenade around the ship with chaise lounges. Bathroom was also roomy. Even had a tub! Photos 2010.

Cruise Critic Member: Bridget

Wish I could be of more help, but....

Joanie

Thanks very much, Joanie! The picture definitely helps. I will look into the R class cabins too. Many thanks!

ksucat9
March 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Thank you Joanie! :D

IRL_Joanie
March 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Thank you Joanie! :D

That is so weird that even you could not find yourself in the Members List and yet...

Will change the dates and add 9 to the end of your name ASAP!!

And NO, it is I who thank you!!!

Joanie

oreilln
March 26th, 2011, 02:21 PM
In my own estimation of the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam both, I do not think any verandah, other than possibly the Penthouse, would have a verandah large enough for a MDR table (even if it were a 2 top.

I had an SC aft wrap around stateroom and my verandah would not have fit a Dining room table.

I do not have photos of the stateroom in question on either of the Signature ships.

Joanie

Joanie

Thank you for the advice. How about the outdoor tables? From your photos, they look pretty small.

IRL_Joanie
March 26th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the advice. How about the outdoor tables? From your photos, they look pretty small.

Verandah tables tend to vary depending upon the stateroom category usually.

Here are some photos (btw, a Room Service tray fits beautifully balanced on the tables (no matter how small) and we have Room Service place the tray on the Verandah Footstool.

We have never had our dinner served on any of verandahs, yet (plan on it next week though) but have had full breakfast and lunches and using both the table and footstool as tables works quite well.

Nieuw Amsterdam VE 5122
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg)

SS 6108
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-6108_catl331-3.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/6108_catl331-3.jpg)

SC 6164 (we had 2 tables, the larger one in the photo below and a smaller one like above)
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg)

and finally VQ 10033 (this is the typical V category Verandah table
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg)

Joanie

FoghornLeghorn
March 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hi Joanie

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into helping us with questions and pictures!

I will be on the Westerdam and in room c1072.
Can't seem to find anything or anything close.
It's not a connecting room and not listed as sleeping 4.

Thanks for all you do!

IRL_Joanie
March 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hi Joanie

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into helping us with questions and pictures!

I will be on the Westerdam and in room c1072.
Can't seem to find anything or anything close.
It's not a connecting room and not listed as sleeping 4.

Thanks for all you do!

C 1072 is a perfect location!! It is mid ship, just fore of the Atrium, lowest passenger deck so you should not have any problem with motion sickness:)

I have a couple photos of C 1069 on Westerdam and C 1066 on Oosterdam, which I think will help you more in photos, though it does have a connecting door, you can see it between the desk and the bed.

C 1069 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/sm-C-1069_RD64-1.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/C-1069_RD64-1.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/sm-C-1069_RD64-2.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/C-1069_RD64-2.jpg)
[
Here are some pics from the Westerdam during a March 2009 cruise. Cabin 1069 - Category C on the Main deck...a large, very bright cabin, with lots of storage. I loved it and am hoping to book the same cabin for a March 2012 cruise. I was by myself, so it was extremely spacious...lots of room for two passengers. Photos March 2009
[
Cruise Critic Member: RD64

C 1066 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/sm_doclove_IMG_4538-2.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/doclove_IMG_4538-2.jpg)--http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/sm_doclove_IMG_4539.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/doclove_IMG_4539.jpg)
[
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/sm_doclove_IMG_4540.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/doclove_IMG_4540.jpg)
[
We liked this room because it had the feel of being a larger room then it actually was. We didn't feel cramped for space and felt that there was plenty of open space. The room is located near the main atrium and down the hall from the Vista Lounge.
[
Cruise Critic Member: doclove

This location MIGHT get a bit of noise if the Queen's Lounge is having an event. BUT, I think your stateroom is a bit aft to have to worry about noise from it.

Wish I could show you C 1072 itself but....

Joanie

oreilln
March 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Verandah tables tend to vary depending upon the stateroom category usually.

Here are some photos (btw, a Room Service tray fits beautifully balanced on the tables (no matter how small) and we have Room Service place the tray on the Verandah Footstool.

We have never had our dinner served on any of verandahs, yet (plan on it next week though) but have had full breakfast and lunches and using both the table and footstool as tables works quite well.

Nieuw Amsterdam VE 5122
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg)

SS 6108
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-6108_catl331-3.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/6108_catl331-3.jpg)

SC 6164 (we had 2 tables, the larger one in the photo below and a smaller one like above)
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg)

and finally VQ 10033 (this is the typical V category Verandah table
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/sm-10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg)

Joanie

Yes, that larger one on your verandah was exactly the size I thought might fit! Should we get one ourselves or ask our room steward?
And thank you for going to this trouble to post the photos etc. I have seen you do it for other people and I am really impressed by how you try to help us all! I have never been on HAL before, we love eating outside and would love to know if we could make it possible for the occasional meal.

IRL_Joanie
March 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, that larger one on your verandah was exactly the size I thought might fit! Should we get one ourselves or ask our room steward?
And thank you for going to this trouble to post the photos etc. I have seen you do it for other people and I am really impressed by how you try to help us all! I have never been on HAL before, we love eating outside and would love to know if we could make it possible for the occasional meal.

I think the table we had on our SC stateroom verandah MIGHT fit. It might be a really tight fit though... And then the next question would be, Are there any available in storage or could they bring one from the Aft Lido (Sea View) Pool area...??

I like helping people with Stateroom and other questions. I do my best to give detailed info as I would want to receive.

I am so glad that I was able to find the table photos for you:)

Joanie

oreilln
March 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I think the table we had on our SC stateroom verandah MIGHT fit. It might be a really tight fit though... And then the next question would be, Are there any available in storage or could they bring one from the Aft Lido (Sea View) Pool area...??

I like helping people with Stateroom and other questions. I do my best to give detailed info as I would want to receive.

I am so glad that I was able to find the table photos for you:)

Joanie

Fingers crossed we can do it! Its one of the slightly larger balconies so I am hopeful. I will let you know how we get on.
From another one of your debtors,
Noelle.

FoghornLeghorn
March 26th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks Joanie!!

Waterlily777
April 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I have done a search through this thread but wasn't able to turn up a picture.

Does anyone have a picture of the quad bed on the Rotterdam?

Friends of mine had the option of booking a triple or a quad and booked the quad (I don't know why they made this choice) but I was wondering what the 4th berth looked like on the Rotterdam. Does it intrude into the headspace at all?

There will only be 2 people in this room. They have booked a category F on the Dolphin deck.

If you had the choice, would you book a triple over a quad, or does it make any difference?

Thanks in advance for any help.

c.jenelle
April 12th, 2011, 12:39 PM
The free (Public) portion of it does not seem to have photos. Plus, why should people have to pay to see what their Staterooms/Cabins look like. And they are only layouts, not photos.

Thank you for the link but I do not pay to see what I am getting, nor do I think any person cruising with HAL should have to pay. Just my $.02

Hey! Thank you IRL-Joanie for the website. It gave me a realistic view of what my stateroom will look like. I'll try to remember to send u one of my cabin since it will be post dry dock. Ms. Maasdam May7. :)

TexasGal#35
April 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I've enjoyed the pages & pages of discussion about your website. I read through page 18 and decided to jump to the last page. I went to the website and really enjoyed lookig at the Westerdam section.

You are doing a wonderful service for us cruisers. My DH and friends just booked a cruise in May 2012. It will be our first trip to Alaska out of Seattle and also to be on a HAL cruise.

I am wondering if anyone on this particular thread has pictures or comments about VB6053 on the Westerdam. That is our cabin and I'm just curious.

Thank you,

Gloria

djhsolara
April 17th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Joanie -

I just sent you 3 emails of photos from our cruise last week on Westerdam. I hope they are useful for you.

legalsec
April 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hello all,

Just beginning to plan our third cruise. We will be sailing on the Noordam and it's time to book. But I need some help.

Can anyone tell me the difference between SZ, SY and SS categories? I've been getting higher quotes for SS category and I'm not sure why?

Thanks so much.

Kathy

HomeLover
April 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Kathy have not been on the new Noordam, but it usually is location.
The higher deck, the more middle of deck, and usually SS includes exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge. The cabins are usually the ame size and configuration. I

Cruisergal1208
April 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Location! location! location!

Cruisergal1208
April 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
The higher deck, the more middle of deck, and usually SS includes exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge. The cabins are usually the ame size and configuration. I

SS does not include the Neptune Lounge on the Noordam. Only SA SB and SC and above.

IRL_Joanie
April 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Location is the basic difference between the 3 categories. The differences are that there are only 2 SZ stateooms on the ships and NONE of the SS, SY or SZ receive Neptune Lounge access.

Joanie

legalsec
April 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Thank you for your responses. I notice that ss is under the pool deck. I really don't why being under the pool is considered desireable?

Kathy

IRL_Joanie
April 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you for your responses. I notice that ss is under the pool deck. I really don't why being under the pool is considered desireable?

Kathy

Kathy, some find it undesirable due to noise. Sometimes, depending on where the stateroom is you might hear loungers and or chairs being moved about at various times of the day starting early morning until 7 or 8 pm or so.

Some are not bothered by the noise while others find it very bad. I think it depends upon how sensitive you are to noise.

We use a Sleep Mate (White Noise machine) at home and when we travel, so noises do not bother us at all.

Joanie

Kotch G
April 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joanie, I finally got my husband to send you the pictures I promised.. Room 6064 Nieuw Amsterdam.

IRL_Joanie
April 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Joanie, I finally got my husband to send you the pictures I promised.. Room 6064 Nieuw Amsterdam.

Thank you!!! I got them and will get them up in the morning:)

Joanie

trackies
April 20th, 2011, 02:04 AM
Hello, we are new cruisers and are sailing on the Amsterdam next Tuesday in cabin 6164. Does anyone have any opinions to share on that cabin? thanks, Liz

skydancing
April 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hi we are on the noordam in September and have managed to get a different cabin. We are now going to be in VB6110 - anyone know what this is like please?

IRL_Joanie
April 27th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Just an FYI that I may be off the computer for a day or so between this weekend.

Hubby bought me a new computer (this one is 6 years old) and is setting it up this weekend. Depending on how long it takes him, I will not have access to the new one until he gets all my old files and programs, which I have backed up) installed onto the new one.

So, if you do not hear from me for a couple of days, please do not panic:)

Joanie

cruisng2011
May 5th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hi
Just got off the Eurodam and sent you pictures as promised. Hope this help others...
Let me know if you have any problems
Pauline :)

IRL_Joanie
May 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Hi
Just got off the Eurodam and sent you pictures as promised. Hope this help others...
Let me know if you have any problems
Pauline :)

Thanks Pauline, I received them lat night and will have them up shortly:)

Joanie

HamburgAvonLady
May 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Is there anywhere I can get the square footage of this cabin ? Is the size of the balcony included in the footage quoted ? Am considering
changing to a SS catagory but the additional $ 5000 to $ 6000 really
has me "turned off". (prices as of this afternoon per HAL's website) Would rather have more $$$ for shore excursions and shopping which I understand are really expensive on this itinerary.

IRL_Joanie
May 12th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Is there anywhere I can get the square footage of this cabin ? Is the size of the balcony included in the footage quoted ? Am considering
changing to a SS catagory but the additional $ 5000 to $ 6000 really
has me "turned off". (prices as of this afternoon per HAL's website) Would rather have more $$$ for shore excursions and shopping which I understand are really expensive on this itinerary.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer but I cannot:( The best I can say is that yes, the square footage does include the verandah/balcony. I would hazard to guess though that since this is a handicapped VF the square fottage overall would more likely be on the larger side of the stated 212-379 sq ft... But that is just my estimation.

On Oosterdam in May 2008, we were in a Handicapped stateroom in the "Bend" of the ship, VF 5154 and it was huge. More than enough room for hubby and I, my scooter and more. Loved that stateroom!!

Joanie

HamburgAvonLady
May 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Joanie --- HAL must have changed the cabin numbers as I just checked the HAL website and Cabin 5154 on the Osterdam is
just a regular Veranda balcony cabin. I am sure we will be very happy
with our choice.

IRL_Joanie
May 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Joanie --- HAL must have changed the cabin numbers as I just checked the HAL website and Cabin 5154 on the Osterdam is
just a regular Veranda balcony cabin. I am sure we will be very happy
with our choice.

No, HAL did not. T'was Joanie forgetting what stateroom she had:o We were in 5054 NOT 5154... Sorry about that.

BUT it is The same as 5051 and I do have photos of 5054 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html

Joanie

Sknydog
May 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Any pics of a Eurodam VH room?

IRL_Joanie
May 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Any pics of a Eurodam VH room?

Sorry, I checked not only the Eurodam and her sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam, but also all of the Vista class ships, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam and have no stateroom photos for any of the VH Category on any of them:(

Wish I could help but...

Joanie

chelseababy
May 27th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Hi
sorry if I'm being stupid but how do you get to the actual photos of the rooms rather than than the ones in HALs brochure/website? I have tried
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ is this the ciorrect place? We are going to be in SS8058 on Noordam and DA2561 on Volendam.
Great idea and thanks for all the hard work.

IRL_Joanie
May 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hi
sorry if I'm being stupid but how do you get to the actual photos of the rooms rather than than the ones in HALs brochure/website? I have tried
http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ is this the ciorrect place? We are going to be in SS8058 on Noordam and DA2561 on Volendam.
Great idea and thanks for all the hard work.

I get the photos from fellow Cruisers (maily Cruise Critic members) and via Google searches:)

Now you have the url correct http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ all you have to do now is to scroll down to the ship that you want to check out, click on the name or the photo of the ship. Then you will need to scroll down to the actualk deck # and click on the link for that deck. For example; Nieuw Amsterdam Deck 7, Stateroom SS 7079, I would go to: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ then I would click on Nieuw Amsterdam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index.html then down to Deck 7: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-7.html then I would scroll down to the Stateroom number and if I wanted to see each photo enlarged I would left click on it:)

Hope that makes it easier to understand and navigate??

Joanie

leneley
June 1st, 2011, 01:10 AM
We have the opportunity to change our stateroom on the Niew Amsterdam from a VC category to a VF category but we would be on the upper promenade deck just above the theater. Since this is our first cruise on HAL we have no idea what we might run into as far as noise from the shows. Can anyone give us some useful information to help us in his decision? Any photos available? Thanks!!

IRL_Joanie
June 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM
We have the opportunity to change our stateroom on the Niew Amsterdam from a VC category to a VF category but we would be on the upper promenade deck just above the theater. Since this is our first cruise on HAL we have no idea what we might run into as far as noise from the shows. Can anyone give us some useful information to help us in his decision? Any photos available? Thanks!!

I wish I could answer, but I have no idea what you could possibly expect in one of those staterooms:( Hopefuilly someone will be able to chime in with an answer for you.

Joanie

portofrome
June 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Joanie,
this was my cabin during my Alaska cruise on May 28,2011. It is right under the Lido deck but I couldn’t hear any noise. The room was in very good condition with nice verandah and excellent view. I hope they will be useful for the site.

I got pics of the beds in both options (twins and queen):

http://i55.tinypic.com/v6t54x.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/5nvehi.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/kbx28h.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/hx6rdh.jpg

portofrome
June 7th, 2011, 01:33 PM
More:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2whqmgg.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/33lo8j4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/e8n7ee.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2hwz23m.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/21l3hpl.jpg

portofrome
June 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Bathroom:

http://i56.tinypic.com/k2bpma.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zodlqt.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cwu249.jpg

portofrome
June 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Verandah:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2m4zrds.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/21cywaq.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2pqvq15.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2lvec86.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2qum7w8.jpg
IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2quozmt.jpg[/IMG]

IRL_Joanie
June 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Verandah:......

Just grabbed them and have them saved now:) I will get these uploaded this weekend!!!

Thank You So very Very VERY much:)

Joanie

HamburgAvonLady
June 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Bathroom:

http://i56.tinypic.com/k2bpma.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zodlqt.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2cwu249.jpg

Does this cabin have a separate shower ??? (Or is it reflection off the glass ?)

IRL_Joanie
June 10th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Does this cabin have a separate shower ??? (Or is it reflection off the glass ?)

You are not seeing things:) That is a separate shower stall at the end of the tub:)

Joanie

chinita415
June 11th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Hi Joanie,

I posted a few pictures and descriptions of my cabin in my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1421385 Not sure if you need any more "steerage" pictures :p, but I couldn't find any pictures showing the 3rd bed configuration when I was researching.

IRL_Joanie
June 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi Joanie,

I posted a few pictures and descriptions of my cabin in my review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1421385 Not sure if you need any more "steerage" pictures :p, but I couldn't find any pictures showing the 3rd bed configuration when I was researching.

Thank you so much!! I have just grabbed them and will get them posted along with your description from the thread:)

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
June 12th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hi Joanie,

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have them up and running now and I used your comments about the stateroom from your thread:)

You are wonderful and I truly appreciate it!!

PORTOFROME: I am getting ready to get your photos up and running as well. It should be about 1 hour and they will be ready:)

Joanie

IRL_Joanie
June 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Joanie,
this was my cabin during my Alaska cruise on May 28,2011. It is right under the Lido deck but I couldn’t hear any noise. The room was in very good condition with nice verandah and excellent view. I hope they will be useful for the site.

I got pics of the beds in both options (twins and queen):

I have them all up and running now:) THANK YOU so very VERY much!!!!

Joanie

portofrome
June 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I have them all up and running now:) THANK YOU so very VERY much!!!!

Joanie

Glad to help you and thanks for your great site.

candydane
June 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Joanie,

This is a great thread and I really appreciate how much work you've done and continue to do! I'm new to Holland America and this is a great help!

Please confirm or correct my understanding of Eurodam's category SB & SC cabins.

First, the overall size (cabin + balcony) of the SC cabins on deck 4 are the largest. Due to the shape of the back of the ship, the overall sizes of SB & SC cabins get smaller going up from deck 5 to deck 6 to deck 7 to deck 8?

Is there any difference between category SB & SC except for deck & location on the ship (and of course the cost)?

Thanks.