PDA

View Full Version : How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

alwayshappytocruise
September 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.
Lynda

Ladylouwho
September 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.
Lynda

Hi Lynda,
Thanks, that is news to me. I will check it out.

Colleen

silentbob007
September 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Good to know. It is slightly annoying to get hand-written ones at the port because a) you have to find who's giving them out and then b) you're never sure if your bag will be delayed because they are not coded like other tags.

cb at sea
September 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
All of the porters have tags....you won't have to "search them out"! It sure beats doing a "craft" project of laminating your own tags when trying to prepare for a cruise!
Your bags won't be delayed because you have port tags!!!!

Alexis
September 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Lynda

Old news or not, lots of us might not have seen this. I didn't.
I appreciate it. ;)

jamesnnb
September 20th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I had not seen that before, either. Thanks for posting this. I made up a couple using the one that is in online docs -- using clear packing tape. I scanned it, added our data, printed out enough so they could be 'two-sided', taped them, punched a hole. Sounds complicated, but it took just minutes to accomplish.
I also requested the 'mail me' ones today -- we sail Oct 11 -- so I'll see how long it takes.
We're covered either way. This, I like!

GarrenS
September 20th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Lynda

That is interesting- I just did online check in last Thursday for a cruise we just booked, and the order luggage tags was not an option. I just logged into the cruise today to check, and bingo, it's a box at the bottom.

Thanks for posting - I never would have gone back and seen it otherwise!
Garren

ChipA
September 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Sounds like a great idea. We just came back from a sailing last week and when I checked in and printed my E-docs that was not a choice. The porter asked our room number while I was unloading the car and before I knew it he had tags on all of bags. The problem is he wrote so poorly that it was very difficult to read the room number. While on the ship we saw our bags sitting on a cart on our deck with no other bags. I went to find someone and ask could we get them only to find when we returned about 5 mins later they were gone. It seems they were sent back down and we let Guest Relations know and we finnally got our bags 2 hrs later. Most everyone on our deck got theres much earlier.

ChipA

bajathree
September 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

MISSYLOU
September 20th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I have done my online check in but do not see a button to request luggage tag. What page of the online checkin is it on?

Me76
September 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Under the "Cruise Documentation" tab, on the right side I have "request luggage" tags also for Oct. 26th cruise.

Do they come with your room number on them? Just wondering because I may change my room if the price drops again.

MISSYLOU
September 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Thank You.

tmann4
September 21st, 2009, 12:06 AM
I had not seen that before, either. Thanks for posting this. I made up a couple using the one that is in online docs -- using clear packing tape. I scanned it, added our data, printed out enough so they could be 'two-sided', taped them, punched a hole. Sounds complicated, but it took just minutes to accomplish.
I also requested the 'mail me' ones today -- we sail Oct 11 -- so I'll see how long it takes.
We're covered either way. This, I like!

We are on the Oct 11th as well and didn't even see that on the on-line check in. I just ordered out tags as well. We are going to try and pack as light as possible with the airlines charging so much for bags. I haven't done the craft project yet. hoping I will get the luggage tags so I won't have to.
Thanks again for letting us know:D

tmann4
September 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

If you file for documents to be mailed you get tags. if you wish to have them electronic, you have to print it off your set sail documentation and create your own. Below all of our information on the checkin page is a botton to click for ordering tags to be mailed instead of printing our own.

nickdawg
September 21st, 2009, 01:11 AM
I don't see any option like that at all for me.

Susie B.
September 21st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks so much for the tips! I just submitted my request for the luggage tags.

MINIDRVR
September 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Lynda

Not old news to us.......did not see that when we did our check-in for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise.......

Thanks for the heads up cause I just went and saw that little green box and signed up to have our luggage tags mailed to us......had already made tags but this will be very nice to have and will know to check this box on our next cruises..........

I must remember to READ EVERYTHING from now on and not take anything for granted. :D

crisp1
September 21st, 2009, 09:13 AM
If you booked your cruise through any type of TA- they can/should print out your tags for you- the tag stock can be ordered through cruisingpower for both RCI and X

alphakitty
September 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for posting ...this is new information for many. I did not have this option when I printed my Edocs a couple of weeks ago. I just requested luggage tags. I prefer to have them before getting to the docks. :)

CruisinManiac
September 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
Funny .... I sent my TA an email this morning asking about new tags because we changed our stateroom. (her agency had previously sent the B&W printed ones through CruisingPower). She told me to just scratch over the old tags and write in the new stateroom number. I wasn't crazy about that option, because I have read on this board that the GS get special tags. Then I saw this thread and got excited! However, here is what it says at the bottom of my page. :(

LUGGAGE TAGS
We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because your sailing is within 13 days of today. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

I guess I will be scratching and applying new numbers. :D Anyone know what color the GS tags are? I might try adding a little colored marked to the tags.

Host Faith
September 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Lynda

Thanks so much, I never noticed that box...just requested our tags for our cruise 3 wks away :cool:

alwayshappytocruise
September 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM
You are all very welcome.....after all the things I've learned from you great CC'ers I'm really glad I decided to post it! From what I gathered, the tags will have your name and stateroom number on them. For the poster who questioned where the "button" is, it's on the very first page you get when you click on the "Online Check-In" link.....kinda small, off to the right.
Lynda

seagoer55
September 21st, 2009, 01:28 PM
It was new to me also...but unfortunately for me I am within 13 days of sailing too & can't get them...bummer...my TA had requested paper doc's & everyone in our group got them "except" for me... she re-requested them over 3 weeks ago & they were supposed to mail them... never arrived...oh well... I have the tag from our e-doc's, but a bit disappointed that they were promised & never sent...

Dinda
September 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM
My question about luggage tags - if you do not book your air flight through RCCL, do you still get luggage tags? Also, if you are flying into your destination a day before your cruise, you take care of you own luggage, correct?

gayla59
September 21st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yes, you do get luggage tags even with your own air booking. You will be handling your own bags, but the porters are great once you arrive at the pier.

numberguy
September 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
OK, maybe I'm just dense, but I can't find the box anywhere under "Cruise Documentation." Would it make any difference if I'm leaving from a foreign port (Sydney)? Or if I've already printed my SetSail pass?

--Michael

alwayshappytocruise
September 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
My question about luggage tags - if you do not book your air flight through RCCL, do you still get luggage tags? Also, if you are flying into your destination a day before your cruise, you take care of you own luggage, correct?

Also, don't put the cruise luggage tags on your bags until you have completed your flight.....
Lynda

joanskid
September 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
I have finished the online check-in, but do not see the green box on the Cruise Documentation page either.

The only thing on the right side is:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/content/en_US/images/web_page/countdown_to_cruise/header/cc_ImportantInfoYouMustReadBeforeYourDeparture_hdr .gif
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/booking/s.gif
Travel Requirements (https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/booking/exitFromPromo.do?fwdTo=TravelDocumentation)

I am sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale on November 19th on the Enchantment of the Seas.

Any idea why I don't have the box for luggage tags?

Maureen

alwayshappytocruise
September 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Joan, I can't do a screen shot but I copied and pasted this, scroll all the way down to see what I'm talking about.....you can still request the luggage tags if you are within the time frame even after you've checked in on-line. It's right there on page one of the on-line check in where you have the names of the people that are travelling and the boxes that tell you what to do.

Online Check-In

Guest Status

Language Preference: Select a language English Spanish French German Italian Portuguese

Completing Online Check-In for all the guests in your reservation will save you from having to fill out forms at the pier and must be completed 3 days prior to your sail date. When you arrive at the pier, you will need a printed copy of your SetSail Pass and identification documents for each guest. All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board and begin your adventure.

Please have identification documentation available for all the guests you wish to check in now. Note: You will need to complete all steps in the Online Check-In process in order to access the SetSail Pass.
Travel with minors on a different reservation?

If you require assistance with the Online Check-In process or your SetSail Pass, please call (800) 398-9819 or click here for our Contact Us information.

Guest Names

Information

What is this

Onboard
Expense
Account
What is this

Cruise
Ticket
Contract
What is this

SetSail
Pass

What is this

Lynda Completed
(Edit) Completed
(Edit) Completed
(Edit)

Lynda

LUGGAGE TAGS
Royal Caribbean's ship luggage tag program provides you with personalized luggage tags before leaving home. Each luggage tag mailer contains eight (8) colorized tags, specific to your ship, sailing date and stateroom assignment.

joanskid
September 21st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Lynda,

I see everything EXCEPT the LUGGAGE TAG part...:confused:

Maureen

MISSYLOU
September 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
I don't have anything on my "online check-in" for luggage tags either. I did a search on RCI and found something to the effect "if you are eligible to print luggage tags".

I use an online agent who always sends E-docs so I am presuming that is why I cannot request luggage tags. I'll check it out on my next online check-in as I have used a different TA.

ASeaPrincess1
September 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
You may want to double check if you have ordered the tags to be sent to you.
I requested mine yesterday, but just now, when I went on my reservation page, I saw the following message:
https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif

"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits.
You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier."

And I was all excited about nothing!!!:(

joanskid
September 21st, 2009, 07:25 PM
so...if it turns out that I cannot access this service, because I used a TA other than Royal Caribbean, how do I print my own luggage tags? Is the thing that is at the end of the SetSail Pass the luggage tag? I am new to Royal Caribbean. I'm use to Carnival where they specifically tell you what to print for the luggage tags. I don't mind printing and laminating myself, I just want to make sure I am using the right thing. All I have found so far on the Royal Caribbean website is something that says that you must have your luggage marked with your room info.

joanskid
September 21st, 2009, 07:27 PM
I also just found this..

Ship luggage tags are available from our Porters at the pier on the day of boarding but to avoid any day of boarding delay's we recommend that you secure your Luggage Tag Mailer before leaving home.

Me76
September 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Here are screen shots of what some of us are seeing.

Maybe you have to be more than 13 days but less than 40 days? Something like that, because it just showed up for me about the 40 day out mark.

HTH :)

BTW- I did E-docs for this reservation.

ASeaPrincess1
September 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM
so...if it turns out that I cannot access this service, because I used a TA other than Royal Caribbean, how do I print my own luggage tags? Is the thing that is at the end of the SetSail Pass the luggage tag? I am new to Royal Caribbean. I'm use to Carnival where they specifically tell you what to print for the luggage tags. I don't mind printing and laminating myself, I just want to make sure I am using the right thing. All I have found so far on the Royal Caribbean website is something that says that you must have your luggage marked with your room info.
I used a TA as well. I don't think that has anything to do with it.
I found the Luggage Tag button on my reservation, and clicked on it. This was yesterday.
Today, I had the message I posted earlier about them being no longer available to be mailed out.
So, I printed up my Sea Pass, and yes, the little "thing" at the end of the Sea Pass, the one with your ship and stateroom number, is your luggage tag.
Good thing I didn't return my sticker paper......

joanskid
September 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
Me76...

Thanks for those screen shots. I definitely do not see the same thing on mine. Maybe there is a time frame when you can do it.

ASeaPrincess1...

or...maybe they got overwhelmed, and quit offering it, like your experience implies.

I will keep watching, since we don't leave for 2 months. If it doesn't work, I will print my own and/or use the ones that the porters have.

Thanks everyone!
Maureen

MINIDRVR
September 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
I just looked again and the Luggage Tag request was still there on the Check In site for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise...........ordered ours earlier today and received an immediate confirmation that they will be sent within several business days.........will see how long it takes.

ASeaPrincess1
September 21st, 2009, 09:17 PM
I just looked again and the Luggage Tag request was still there on the Check In site for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise...........ordered ours earlier today and received an immediate confirmation that they will be sent within several business days.........will see how long it takes.
I had the same initial message.
I would check back tomorrow to make sure you don't get the "unavailable" message........
Just to be on the safe side............;)

ddean52
September 22nd, 2009, 07:06 AM
Lynda

thanks for the interesting news-however i just checked and this option was not available to me.
Dean

MINIDRVR
September 22nd, 2009, 07:08 AM
I had the same initial message.
I would check back tomorrow to make sure you don't get the "unavailable" message........
Just to be on the safe side............;)

Just checked the Booking Dashboard and went to Check-In for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise and the order Luggage Tags box was still there so we're quite confident that our request did go thru yesterday for tags.....will let you know how long it takes in real time :eek: to receive them

crisp1
September 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM

Contact your TA and ask him/her to print out your luggage tags- all TA's can print out both edocs and luggage tags for their clients for RCI and X- If he says he can't- tell him to order the luggage tag stock through cruisingpower- he should have the stock within a week or so

cruisewish
September 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
I've checked in online, provided all the documentation info, printed a SeaPass and still don't see the option to get the luggage tags. I had originally requested paper docs because I wanted the luggage tags. When I read this thread, I went in and changed to e-docs, thinking I'd see the luggage tag option. Nope. Plus that wiped out all our passport info, so I have to re-enter that. And I still don't see the button. (Our cruise is 11/29.)

ddean52
September 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Im guessing...that the luggage tag option is a function of the particular cruise one is taking. i checked and i dont have the option as well!
Dean

joanskid
September 22nd, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'm thinking that it may not be available until closer to the sailing. For instance, MINIDRVR is sailing on the same ship that I am, but a month earlier, and has the option, where as I do not.

I'll just keep checking...

Maureen

jlsfl11
September 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Good to know!! I'll use it.

alphakitty
September 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Just checked the Booking Dashboard and went to Check-In for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise and the order Luggage Tags box was still there so we're quite confident that our request did go thru yesterday for tags.....will let you know how long it takes in real time :eek: to receive them

Same here....requested them and still see the option to request again. No message that they are not available. I'll post back when I actually receive them.

BTW..I used a TA and still have access to the tags. I'm sailing in 32 days. :)

alwayshappytocruise
September 22nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Me76...thanks for posting the screen shot. I just went back and checked, nothing there about them not being available....will let you know when I get them.
Lynda

mom3times
September 23rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
I am cruising on FOS 11/8/09 and do not see where i can check any box for mailed tags. Am i looking in the wrong spot?

ASeaPrincess1
September 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Maybe the "unavailability" is only on Mariner.:confused: For my sailing, for me only.....:(
At any rate, I have been printing out my own tags.....sigh

For those of you who can't find the box, I found it on the Cruise Documentation tab when I logged on to my reservation.

Good luck to everyone else. I still have the unavailable message..........

cdncruzer
September 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
This is our first cruise with RCI.

No luggage tag box on my check-in either.

So...that itty bitty little tag with the cabin # on it (on the last page of the SetSail Pass) is the luggage tag? Just checking..............

ddean52
September 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I guess I'm missing the big picture!! The tags arrive with your ticket media in the mail right???
Dean:eek::eek:

alwayshappytocruise
September 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
This is our first cruise with RCI.

No luggage tag box on my check-in either.

First page of the "On-line check in" is where I found it

So...that itty bitty little tag with the cabin # on it (on the last page of the SetSail Pass) is the luggage tag? Just checking..............

Unfortunately yes if you can't see the box on the first page of "On_line check in"

I guess I'm missing the big picture!! The tags arrive with your ticket media in the mail right???
Dean:eek::eek:

Yep, if you are going to get your docs in the mail you'll get the "real" luggage tags

eurodl
September 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
I just checked for our sailing on 10/15 on Explorer. I had already checked in online but after seeing this thread I went in and checked. Sure enough, under "Guest Names" and columns 1,2,3 & 4 there is a section named "Luggage Tags". I checked the box and received a message saying they would be mailed out to us.

Thanks to the OP for notifying us!

And by the way we did receive our docs electronically...

alwayshappytocruise
September 23rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
I am cruising on FOS 11/8/09 and do not see where i can check any box for mailed tags. Am i looking in the wrong spot?

Sorry I tried to include your quote in my response...see above post. It is only on the FIRST page of the on-line check in, bottom right corner...not all that easy to see if you don't know it's there.
Lynda

ChriStephanie
September 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for posting this - besides, if someone has seen a thread like this before, they can just bypass it so that way those of us who haven't been active on this site for months before have a chance to benefit from the current knowledge and efforts of other CCers. I appreciated the posting because this luggage tag situation occurred to me a few days ago when day-dreaming about vacation... ahh, I can't wait!!! The luggage tag option didn't pop up on my Check-in thingy until recently either, I guess it's something new, or something they do once you get closer? Who knows... much appreciation to the OP in any case!!!

RayJacki
September 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Ordered my luggage tags on-line as per instructions in this thread. Cruise is Sunday 10/4. Tags ordered Sunday 9/20 - exactly 14 days pre-sailing. I received them yesterday (Thursday 9/24) in the mail.:)

TexasAnn
September 25th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Good to know Jacki - thanks for posting this!

And thanks to the OP - I didn't know about this and was not really looking forward to dealing with the chaos in LA again to get handprinted luggage tags!

Ann

MINIDRVR
September 25th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Well Cool Beans...........ordered our Luggage Tags on Sept 22nd and they came in the mail today the 25th :D....our cruise is the 17th Oct......they did a good job getting them here so quickly......

Really not sure what the magic combination is with some people being able to order them and others unable.

We too booked thru a TA but I went on-line to Check-In and found that little green box to order the Luggage Tags........All I can say is for you to keep checking the booking dashboard where you check-in and print your Sea Pass for that Luggage Tag order box.

Me76
September 25th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Received mine today too! And my moms!

Mine say "Gold member" on the bottom and hers do not :p

I got maroon (or purpleish-red) and my mom got green. Isn't that for when you disembark?

alphakitty
September 25th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I got my luggage tags today too. :)

Ordered via the Booking Dashboard on Royal's website on 9/22 and received them today. 4 for each of us, 2 passsengers in the room, 8 tags total. I hope we don't need THAT many! :eek: LOL Though this *is* a girls cruise. LOL

Thanks again for posting the info alwayshappytocruise! :)

MINIDRVR
September 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Received mine today too! And my moms!

Mine say "Gold member" on the bottom and hers do not :p
Since we are Gold Members it was noted as well.

I got maroon (or purpleish-red) and my mom got green. Isn't that for when you disembark?

I think the color has something to do with the cabin category of maybe Deck or even possibly the ship quad location of the cabin.

Very pleased by the way they are supplying the tags....:D

cruisewish
September 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Our sailing is 11/29 and still no option to get the luggage tags...I'll be watching here and when someone close to our sail date gets the green checkbox, maybe I'll see it, too!

joanskid
September 25th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Our sailing is 11/29 and still no option to get the luggage tags...I'll be watching here and when someone close to our sail date gets the green checkbox, maybe I'll see it, too!

Mine is 11/19, so I'll let you know if/when it becomes available for me...

Maureen

PC168
September 25th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Ours is Dec. 13, nothing showing anywhere. Still keep checking until the days get closer.

Thanks OP.

ASeaPrincess1
September 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Very pleased by the way they are supplying the tags....:D
Wish I could say the same.........:(

alphakitty
September 26th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Wish I could say the same.........:(

Have you called C&A and asked them what's up? I can't see why they wouldn't throw some tags in the mail to you and perhaps a phone call would do the trick.

JandBR_PHX
September 26th, 2009, 01:44 PM
That is interesting- I just did online check in last Thursday for a cruise we just booked, and the order luggage tags was not an option. I just logged into the cruise today to check, and bingo, it's a box at the bottom.

Thanks for posting - I never would have gone back and seen it otherwise!
Garren

Thanks for the heads-up, Garren. We've done the on-line check-in every time, and never saw the checkbox - probably because we always check in as early as possible (it makes the sail date approach faster, right?). I found it under "check-in".

waterbugohio
September 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
thanks to who ever bumped this up. I just started a new thread as I didn't see this one.

OnlineMom
September 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM

A Travel Agent - even when e-docs are done - can print out sticker luggage tags that state your name/ship/cabin number etc...

I think the online check-in was mentioned by the original poster because it was during that process in which s/he saw the link for the tags..

klb1978
September 26th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I was just wondering about this subject the other day. I booked online with RCI and just did e-docs. Yesterday I received luggage tags in the mail without even requesting them. I thought perhaps it was something they did for C&A members, but guess I am wrong! Not sure how I managed to get them, but certainly not complaining either:).
We are sailing on Monarch on 10/5/09

Rafa
September 26th, 2009, 07:42 PM
yes, this is very good news. Thank you for this post.

ASeaPrincess1
September 26th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Have you called C&A and asked them what's up? I can't see why they wouldn't throw some tags in the mail to you and perhaps a phone call would do the trick.
I HAD that option on my reservation, however, after ordering my tags, the next day I found this message:
"We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because the number of requested mailers has exceeded our permissible limits.

So, it seems that my sailing is overloaded, while others are not...:(

IWORK2CRUISE
September 26th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I posted on another thread:
Click on your reservation
Click on the tab "Cruise Documentation"
There is a button to click on the right side of the screen to request luggage tags.

I did this on Monday or Tuesday (Sept 21-22) and got them on Friday 09/25.
My cruise is at the end of October.

There was a reply:
I followed your instructions and got the following under Cruise Documentation. Yes, we are booked through a TA.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/content/en_US/images/web_page/countdown_to_cruise/header/cc_GuestVacationDocumentats_hdr.gifhttps://secure.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif
These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details
So, if you booked through RCCL you should be able to do it.

Me76
September 26th, 2009, 08:48 PM
There is a button to click on the right side of the screen to request luggage tags.

There was a reply:
I followed your instructions and got the following under Cruise Documentation. Yes, we are booked through a TA.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/content/en_US/images/web_page/countdown_to_cruise/header/cc_GuestVacationDocumentats_hdr.gifhttps://secure.royalcaribbean.com/s.gif
These documents contain your reservation details and other important information you will need to board your ship. Your documents are not available online. Please contact your Travel Agent for further details

Post #35 has screen shots of where to request :)

alphakitty
September 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I HAD that option on my reservation, however, after ordering my tags, the next day I found this message:

So, it seems that my sailing is overloaded, while others are not...:(

I understand that is the message you got, but if it were me, I'd call C&A anyway...can't see having a "quota limit" on luggage tags...maybe an error? Can't hurt to ask, right? :)

alphakitty
September 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM

There was a reply:

I am booked with a TA and I was able to request luggage tags on the website. I printed Edocs. If your docs are being mailed to you, perhaps they would not send additional luggage tags? Just a thought.

ASeaPrincess1
September 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I understand that is the message you got, but if it were me, I'd call C&A anyway...can't see having a "quota limit" on luggage tags...maybe an error? Can't hurt to ask, right? :)
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but it doesn't matter anyway.
I already made my own.......

Driftwoodgal
September 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Just thought I would mention that I sail on Oct 9th. I tried looking for the option to get luggage tags today. I clicked on the option and got a message that I was 13 days out from sailing and could not order tags. Not sure when their cut off date is.

alphakitty
September 27th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but it doesn't matter anyway.
I already made my own.......

I have to say, I made my own as well before finding this thread. However, the example luggage tag in my Edocs was very, very different than the ones I requested and received in the mail. They were not the same color, even the "quadrant" was not the same. Edocs said A FWD ...tags said C FWD. There is also a bar code on the mailed tags that is not there on my homemade ones.

cruisewish
September 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I realized that I had requested paper docs because I wanted the luggage tags. Maybe that's why I don't have a little box for luggage tags? Makes sense.
So I went in, changed to e-docs - but still no box. (cruise is 11/29) So I switched back to paper docs just in case it never shows up. I'll keep looking - by the way, when I switched back again to paper docs, Ihad to re-enter our passport info. It got wiped out. Huh.:confused:

alwayshappytocruise
September 30th, 2009, 05:24 PM
It took a bit longer than I expected but I got my tags today.
Lynda

CVU
September 30th, 2009, 05:31 PM

I just spoke with C&A this week and soon there will be no mailed documents.
So, nice we can get the tags mailed if needed.

Tamerella
September 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Mine is 11/19, so I'll let you know if/when it becomes available for me...

Maureen

I sail on 11/15 and for awhile, I didn't see the option for luggage tags....and then, one day earlier this week, I logged in and there it was! I ordered them and got a successful message. :D

joan_al
September 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I sail on 11/15 and for awhile, I didn't see the option for luggage tags....and then, one day earlier this week, I logged in and there it was! I ordered them and got a successful message. :D

Now that is the answer I've been looking for.
Thank you
Al

kapcruiser
September 30th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Thank you for the heads up- I just ordered my tags.:)

joyce&bob
October 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM

Where exactly should I be looking on the RCCL site???

Me76
October 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Where exactly should I be looking on the RCCL site???

See post #35 on Page 2, there are screen shots. :)

joanskid
October 1st, 2009, 09:16 AM
Tamerella,

Thank you!

I just looked and the option is there for me now for my 11/19 cruise also. I have ordered mine.

Maureen

jasmith52
October 1st, 2009, 10:18 AM
I sail in 3 days and have yet to receive any baggage tags.

We booked a guaranty room and was assigned a cabin - via the website.

Maybe they don't want to send them so that they can re-assign us. Who knows why we didn't get the baggage tags. I applied for luggage tags maybe 3 (or more) weeks ago after reading this thread.

retdon
October 2nd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Lynda

YES you can order luggage tags............
We had to change sailing dates with only one month to the new sailing. I was told to get our luggage tags at pier, WRONG.... When you go into you resv. there is a box to check which orders luggage tags for you.

We got our tags yesterday and sail in 2 weeks. It only took a week to get them, thank you RCI.

cruisewish
October 2nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Just checked again and still no little box for luggage tags. We sail on Nov 29th, so maybe in a week or so I'll see it.

eurodl
October 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
I just checked for our sailing on 10/15 on Explorer. I had already checked in online but after seeing this thread I went in and checked. Sure enough, under "Guest Names" and columns 1,2,3 & 4 there is a section named "Luggage Tags". I checked the box and received a message saying they would be mailed out to us.

Thanks to the OP for notifying us!

And by the way we did receive our docs electronically...

UPDATE - we received our luggage tags yesterday! 4 for each of us. It worked :D

JandBR_PHX
October 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Garren. We've done the on-line check-in every time, and never saw the checkbox - probably because we always check in as early as possible (it makes the sail date approach faster, right?). I found it under "check-in".

MIL got luggage tags today. I was mad that we didn't get ours. But, they were in the envelope with hers!!!

Is there anything that can be done to speed up time?

maritar
October 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
It took a bit longer than I expected but I got my tags today.
Lynda

Were your luggage tags different size that before? We got our tags few days ago and they are smaller than before.

publicpersona
October 3rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Just checked again and still no little box for luggage tags. We sail on Nov 29th, so maybe in a week or so I'll see it.
Our next cruise is Nov 21st, and I saw the Luggage Tag box for the first time today.

Linda/Ohio
October 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
Worked like a charm. TA sent us generic tags. I clicked on and got the ones with my name printed on them, cabin number, quadrant of the ship, deck, and color-coded.

alwayshappytocruise
October 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Were your luggage tags different size that before? We got our tags few days ago and they are smaller than before.

Mari, yes they are smaller than the one's we've had in the past. I also noticed that they had our Diamond status on there....don't remember them doing that before either.
Lynda

megr1125
October 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Our next cruise is Nov 21st, and I saw the Luggage Tag box for the first time today.

Me too...I think that they are available to request when documents are ready.....i got the e-Doc email, and when i went to the RCCL site i saw the link, so i clicked away! yipppee!!

joanskid
October 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
I noticed that the option was on my booking dashboard on Thursday, and I got the e-doc email on Friday.

I'm sure it's related.

Maureen

cruisewish
October 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM

Great news! I'll keep looking!

dlp206
October 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks Linda, never saw that you just saved me alot of work

alwayshappytocruise
October 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
You're very welcome, I'm glad I posted it!!
Lynda

maritar
October 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Mari, yes they are smaller than the one's we've had in the past. I also noticed that they had our Diamond status on there....don't remember them doing that before either.
Lynda

In our Sept. cruise we already had our Diamond status printed on in our "regular" size luggage tags. I think they started doing that after Sept.1.

jasmith52
October 4th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I sail in 3 days and have yet to receive any baggage tags.

We booked a guaranty room and was assigned a cabin - via the website.

Maybe they don't want to send them so that they can re-assign us. Who knows why we didn't get the baggage tags. I applied for luggage tags maybe 3 (or more) weeks ago after reading this thread.

False Call !

Our luggage tags for our guaranty room actually showed up today. 1-day before the cruise.

Now that's cutting it a little close.

cantakeitwithyawhenyago
October 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
ordered the tags on wen. in the mailbox on sat. that was fast.

cruisewish
October 4th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Sigh. No box yet for me. I want my box! Someone better give me my box! How come everyone gets a box but me? :p

Gimer
October 5th, 2009, 08:27 AM
cruisewish-- I'm doing the Nov. 29th Mariner also. Spoke to my TA on Saturday. "Paper doc/tags on order", but they will also be available as e-doc's 40 days from date of departure. Check this posting "Say goodbye to paper doc dance" (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1070400).

cruisewish
October 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
cruisewish-- I'm doing the Nov. 29th Mariner also. Spoke to my TA on Saturday. "Paper doc/tags on order", but they will also be available as e-doc's 40 days from date of departure. Check this posting "Say goodbye to paper doc dance" (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1070400).
Oh, thank you! I'll wait patiently. So you've requested paper docs, but can also retrieve the e-docs? Interesting way to go. I switched from paper docs to e-docs, thinking that was the only way to get the little box to order luggage tags mailed to me.

ddean52
October 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
we normally use paper doc's! how many pages of printing are involved with e-docs?

alphakitty
October 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
we normally use paper doc's! how many pages of printing are involved with e-docs?

Well, if you print the whole contract, I think it's 17. But....you don't need all that. Read what you will, then print out the 2 page Set Sail Pass ...you are good to go. :)

maritar
October 5th, 2009, 09:11 AM

If you buy "Cruise Care" from Royal Caribbean then it's about 25 pages but if not, then it's few pages less. I think that not everyone is printing all e-documents out but I always do.

waterbugohio
October 5th, 2009, 09:53 AM
thanks for the heads up on this. I ordered tags last saturday and got them in the mail this saturday.

Not sure about the box thing though, several on our roll call are not getting the box yet. They are checking with their TA's.

01Sweetpea
October 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the info! I was able to order luggge tags for 2 of our 3 cabins, which is fine since I won't need as many as they are sending.

joanskid
October 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I ordered my luggage tags for my November 19th cruise last Thursday, October 1st, and they arrived today, October 5th...That was fast!!

Maureen

cruisewish
October 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Still no luggage tag box for the Nov 29th sailing....If anyone else sees it, will you please post? Thanks!

cusyl
October 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Option is not available for me yet, will look again at 40 days.

KuffMUp
October 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Here are screen shots of what some of us are seeing.

Maybe you have to be more than 13 days but less than 40 days? Something like that, because it just showed up for me about the 40 day out mark.

HTH :)

BTW- I did E-docs for this reservation.

I am 45 days out and it is showing.

KuffMUp
October 8th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Still no luggage tag box for the Nov 29th sailing....If anyone else sees it, will you please post? Thanks!

I'm on Nov 29 on AOS and it is showing for me

cruisewish
October 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Received the e-mail about my cruise docs this morning and the luggage tags box was there! :D I will now relax. But I will keep on checking for price drops, etc!

KarinaGW
October 12th, 2009, 12:23 PM

So, remembering this thread, I found it again last night and went online and checked for my Nov 29 Explorer sailing. Nada there for luggage tag requests.

This morning I got my Cruise Docs notification so I checked again. And, lo and behold, right there was the button to request them which I clicked and the order went through.

So, I am guessing that it definitely is connected to the availability of Cruise Docs.

Gimer
October 13th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Also got my e-docs and luggage tags today. :)

cruisewish
October 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Received my tags yesterday! Thanks to all forthe great info!

KarinaGW
October 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Got mine either yesterday or today (Thurs or Fri) after ordering them on Monday.

It's really gonna happen...although I secretly hope that the numbers on the tags wind up being wrong (c'mon upgrade fairy!)

mzk90
October 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I guess Royal Caribbean are not likely to give you luggage labels until your cruise tickets get released, after all, they must have business rules in their system that links the 2 things; no tickets=no tags!

mzk90
October 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I was told the below:

If you get e-docs, you can request bag tags, through the online check-in or the cruise docs part of countdown to cruise. But not before your e-docs have been released.

If you get paper tickets, tags are included. You can not request from website.

Cut off is 14 days I believe. :D

Tabbymom
October 30th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for the heads up - I might have noticed the luggage tag button, or I might not have noticed! At any rate, I ordered them last week and they arrived today. So instead of the Doc Dance, I guess I'm doing the Tags Tango!

LROB2433
November 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I still do not have an option to order luggage tags for my December 16th cruise. Do you think its too early? I also booked through a travel agent.

MS52
November 12th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I still do not have an option to order luggage tags for my December 16th cruise. Do you think its too early? I also booked through a travel agent.

This thread is from 2009 and no longer pertinant. Royal only provides luggage tags to a select few (suites and higher C&A members, I believe).

You can print out your own or get them from the porters at the dock.

Happy sailing!

Florida Scorpion
November 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM

Luggage tags are only mailed to those in GS or higher or Pinnacle club members. Your edocs will have a printable luggage tag towards the end or you can get them from the porters at the pier.

LROB2433
November 13th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for your responses.... Got the tags with the edocs however the cabin number is wrong. Do I just cross it out or can I call and get new ones?

clarea
November 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your responses.... Got the tags with the edocs however the cabin number is wrong. Do I just cross it out or can I call and get new ones?
You have to contact Royal and have them re-issue your electronic documents. It's free, but apparently does not happen automatically when the stateroom changes.

1cat4jan
November 13th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Haven't had any difficulty with the home printed luggage tags, but I don't trust them much. I put two on each piece of luggage - on both the top and side handles. I use about 10 staples on each luggage tag.

I then put an itinerary in the outside pocket of the suitcase with all vital information and another inside the suitcase on top of everything.

Paranoid about lost luggage? Yep.

DebJ14
November 13th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Haven't had any difficulty with the home printed luggage tags, but I don't trust them much. I put two on each piece of luggage - on both the top and side handles. I use about 10 staples on each luggage tag.

I then put an itinerary in the outside pocket of the suitcase with all vital information and another inside the suitcase on top of everything.

Paranoid about lost luggage? Yep.

Princess, Carnival and HAL have been using this type of luggage tags for years. They are surprisingly sturdy. I have never had a tag torn off. In fact we find them hard to pull off due to all the staples I put in.
The only problem I encountered was once when boarding on a rainy day the ink ran and it was difficult for them to read the cabin number. I solved that problem by running a strip of clear packing tape over the information before folding the paper. This keeps the info area dry and makes it sturdier. I also staple all the way across the ends of the tag to keep it on. We have always put a tag on each handle, even when using the old style luggage tags - we had a room steward tell us to do that about 25 years ago. We will be taking our 50th cruise in January and touch wood we have always received our luggage.

odettemcf
November 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
... its confusing that on my e-docs (and website references are also made) that you can still order the lugguage tags online... i received e-docs last week.

Fortunately, I had read on CC that the paper ones were all we were gonna get.

RCI - Please update your website/e-docs to specifically say who will get 'real' luggage tags...thanks:D

clarea
November 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM
... its confusing that on my e-docs (and website references are also made) that you can still order the lugguage tags online... i received e-docs last week.

Fortunately, I had read on CC that the paper ones were all we were gonna get.

RCI - Please update your website/e-docs to specifically say who will get 'real' luggage tags...thanks:D
You may be asking too much;).

msgiggles76
November 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Forvige me im fairly new to RCL and have only done online check in once. Is that the part where you give your CC number for your onboard account and all of your emergency information? Or is that the part that my travel agent will do with printing some 40 pages for the cruise agreement? Just curious if i should email her and alert her that this is on the first page.

clarea
November 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Forvige me im fairly new to RCL and have only done online check in once. Is that the part where you give your CC number for your onboard account and all of your emergency information? Or is that the part that my travel agent will do with printing some 40 pages for the cruise agreement? Just curious if i should email her and alert her that this is on the first page.
The online check-in as you said first: entering your CC number for your on board account, passport info, emergency contacts, etc.

Heidils
November 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
On the Rccl website when you log into "my cruises" click on your reseravation number and go to "cruise documentation" You can log in online there for your cruise, and then go to "guest vacation documents." If your final payment is in and it has all been processed, you will see a whole ticket booklet with all your cruise information on it. I think its page 14 that has the luggage tags that you can print out.

Seems like a long way around to me, but that's the only way I could find to do it.