PDA

View Full Version : RCCL Monarch crew member medical airlift

reggierail
December 13th, 2004, 10:18 PM
A member of the galley crew on the Monaech of the Seas was airlifted by US Coast Guard helicopter Sunday night. The details I got were scetchy, but my info is that he was a 50 year old Filipino and he suffered a stroke.

Please remember this crew member and his family. He is so far from home and his family.

Reggie

davehau
December 13th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Reggie:

While I was on Galaxy in Sept, a crew member was medevac-ed by the Canadian Coast Guard for a possible appendicitis. I remember thinking how scary that must have been for him, alone in a foreign country with no one locally to contact - did wonder if it wouldn't have been possible to send someone with him, but guess the logistics would have been a mess. Hopefully, a ship's agent was able to get to him and assist him asap. I hope the crew member from the Monarch does well and has someone to be with him soon also.

I sent a gallery of photos (http://www.davehau.com/gal/sep04/ccg/) I took of the medevac to the Canadian Coast Guard, as I thought the sailors onboard the rescue vessel might like to see themselves in action. I noticed one of them was taking pictures of the Galaxy right before they swung in to transfer the crew member.

Dave