Hurtigruten Excursions

I'd be grateful for any advice re the excursions on the Round Trip coastal voyage. Which are the most worthwhile? Are the town tours useful or is it feasible to do it yourself?

It would be useful to know what month you are sailing before making any reply.

I have the same question, but I am only cruising northbound in July. Any advice on tours or local tour company.

We did the towns on our own- walking from the ship. It depends on what you want to see and how mobile you are.

I don't think any local tour companies could beat what the ship offers- the logistics of making sure you are back in time for the sailing are probably quite tight on a lot of occasions, particularly where the tour leaves from one port and rejoins the ship in another.

There are now more tours available than when we sailed and some of them look really interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

We just booked 6-DAY SOUTHBOUND VOIGE KIRKNES TO BERGAN ON THE MS TROLLFORD SATURDAY JULY 30,2OII TO THURSDAY AUGUST 4,2011

ANYONE OUT THERE JOINING US ON EATHER CRUSE

WE LEAVE DAYTON,OHIO JULY 27 BY WAY OF ATLANTA TO AMSTERDAM TO OSLO TO KIRKINES STAYING AT THE RICA ARTIC HOTEL 2 NIGHTS IN KIRKENES

AFTER ARRIVING IN BERGEN AFTER THE CRUISE ONE NIGHT IN BERGEN THAN FLY TO OSLO WITH ONE NIGHT IN OSLO THEN OFF TO COPENHAGEN WITH 3 NIGHTS IN COPENHAGEN TO CATCH THE EMERALD PRINCESS 11 DAY SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA

RETURNING HOME AUGEST 21,2011

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Archived