PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Miss Grand Turk this week?

roothy123
January 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Hi. I was on a cruise ship that was supposed to dock in Grand Turk on Tuesday. The captain made one or two passes and then decided it was not safe to dock. I understand another cruise ship may have done the same thing. Therefore, I was curious if there were any cruise critic readers on a ship that could not dock at Grand Turk this week.

loopdloops
January 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
we docked on the 13th and everything was fine. water was cold as heck but we docked.

roothy123
January 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks. Guess we were a day too early....yes, the water was cold in the Caribbean that week, especially the closer you got to Miami!

WET_ERIC
November 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I was on the Eurodam . On Nov21 we were at Grand Turk. The Captain announced that due to high winds it was not safe to dock.

roothy123
November 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hhmm...a shame, but it seems to happen more than once in a while there!

sail7seas
December 7th, 2011, 12:59 PM
We were at Grand Turk last week and it was a gorgeous day. Nieuw Amsterdam docked just fine.

austinlw
December 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I miss Grand Turk this week, but probably not in the way that you mean. I was there last Friday on Ruby Princess and went on a snorkeling shore excursion, but didn't have enough daylight time left after that to enjoy the beach. I did however enjoy 2 SV's at Jack's Shack (quite yummy!) and a Five O' Clock Somewhere (yummy and STRONG!) at Margaritaville before staggering back to the ship. So yes, I miss Grand Turk this week. ;)

sail7seas
December 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
With back to the ocean, facing the Margaritteville pool, is Jack's Shack to the right or to the left?

Thanks.

mystone99
December 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
With back to the ocean, facing the Margaritteville pool, is Jack's Shack to the right or to the left?

Thanks.

Jack's Shack is to left of Margariteville, about 1/4 mile down the beach. Great place and the Jerk Chicken is fantastic.
In the two pictures, Margariteville is on the right, while Jack's Shack is on the left, past the pink houses and has a blue flag on top of the building. Have fun.

sail7seas
December 7th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Thank you.

We saw it and thought that was Jack's Shack but weren't sure. There was some really loud music blasting. :D