PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of these performers?

luvronijean
December 21st, 2004, 03:23 PM
I recieved this email from RCL, telling me who the performers were for our cruise in January.
STEVE BRUNER COMIC
SEAN & DAVE JUGGLING DUO
MIKE WILSON IMPRESSIONIST
MICHAEL PICKERING DUELING PIANO
AMY PICKERING DUELING PIANO
ANGELO ARVONIO COCKTAIL PIANIST
CAFÉ LATINO LATIN QUARTET
JADE SHOWBAND

Anyone familiar with any of them?
Thanks,

Veronica

wingnutphl
December 21st, 2004, 03:39 PM
Sorry to say I don't recognize a single one.

Dawn

truffles2
December 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM
me either:confused:

anniversary_cruisers
December 21st, 2004, 04:50 PM
I recieved this email from RCL, telling me who the performers were for our cruise in January.
VeronicaJust curious ... which ship and date are these aboard? I haven't heard of them either, but that doesn't mean much given how long it's been since we last cruised.

Thanks,
Gil

Firefighterhoop
December 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
Nope

Sheffie
December 21st, 2004, 05:40 PM
I thought that maybe Steve Brunner's name was familiar. I did a web search and found quite a list of things he has done. Here is the link: http://www.comediansusa.com/standup/bruner_steve.html

It sounds like he is a good one!

KamloopsCruisers
December 21st, 2004, 05:53 PM
Not ringing any bells with me either. I too would like to know what ship you're sailing on as we're sailing at the end of January on VOS.

rncruiser
December 22nd, 2004, 02:26 PM
I haven't heard of anyone on the list either, but I wouldn't be too concerned. I have had both name and unknown entertainment when I have sailed with RCI and have loved them all. In fact, sometimes the unknowns have even been better than the names.

megsterl
December 23rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
royal sent you an email containg this?? i wish they would send me one. thanks.

The last two years that we have been on, we had HERB REED & THE PLATTERS, which were awesome, it would be fun to get them again!!!

wingnutphl
December 23rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
megsterl - You have to email RCI requesting the list of entertainers. Be sure to include your ship name and date of departure. Also, they can only do this a few weeks in advance.

Dawn

luvronijean
December 23rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
For those of you who asked, we are sailing on the Monarch of the Seas, January 7, 2005. I did get the list by emailing RCL. Seems like it was web_reservations @rccl.com. I got the list within two days of my request.
Thanks everyone :) .

Veronica

anniversary_cruisers
December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
For those of you who asked, we are sailing on the Monarch of the Seas, January 7, 2005. I did get the list by emailing RCL. Seems like it was web_reservations @rccl.com. I got the list within two days of my request.
Thanks everyone :) .

VeronicaWe're on Radiance Jan 9. I sent a request 4 days ago and still haven't heard back :confused: (other than their automated confirmation of receipt).

Gil

Cruisin' Patty
December 24th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I had my answer back the next day, it was from the site of web_reservations@rccl.com ----

January 8 through January 15 (Western Caribbean [Tampa] - 7 nights)

YAKOV SMIRNOFF COMIC
TOM PARKS COMIC
CHUCK GUNTER JUGGLER
ELAINE LESLEY SINGER
AL ROMAS COMIC
MARK TAYLOR MAGIC
KEVIN MORRISON COCKTAIL PIANIST
TAMI NOVAK CENTRUM TRIO
LEGACY SHOWBAND

love4trvl
December 24th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I too wrote and requested the info. You can go to GOOGLE and do a search on everyone. Bowser was in Sha NA NA. Sounds like fun!

January 23 thru January 30 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 nights)

BOWSER & THE STINGRAYS SINGERS
MARK PRESTON SINGER
MIKE WILSON IMPRESSIONIST
RICK STARR COMIC
MIKE SMITH KROOZE KOMIC
DARREN BURRELL KROOZE KOMIC
DUO CLAUDIO BALANCING ACT
ALEXI & OLGA ICE ACT - GERMAN WHEEL & FLYING
JAMES BARR SCHOONER BAR PIANIST
DON MACK PUB ENTERTAINER
LATIN ILLUSION LATIN TRIO
STINGRAYS SHOWBAND

Dockside Doc
December 25th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I too wrote and requested the info. You can go to GOOGLE and do a search on everyone. Bowser was in Sha NA NA. Sounds like fun!

January 23 thru January 30 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 nights)

BOWSER & THE STINGRAYS

I am so glad to hear that the Stingrays will be on Explorer, seeing as how we'll be on Brilliance at the same time. I was beginning to think they were an evil band of cloned musicians as they seem to appear on every cruise we go on. ;)

Doc

jkrislc
December 25th, 2004, 10:42 AM
[COLOR=Magenta]
MICHAEL PICKERING DUELING PIANO
AMY PICKERING DUELING PIANO

Veronica

Amy and Mike are great. They are a husband/wife duo that do the dueling pianos show. I've seen them twice and was disappointed that they weren't on the Monarch when I went a couple of weeks ago.

Definately see the show. It's fun. Also, if you want to see something really funny, hand Michael a song request asking for "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mixalot.

As for the others, the names don't ring any bells.

jkrislc
December 25th, 2004, 10:44 AM
I had my answer back the next day, it was from the site of web_reservations@rccl.com ----

January 8 through January 15 (Western Caribbean [Tampa] - 7 nights)

YAKOV SMIRNOFF COMIC
TOM PARKS COMIC
CHUCK GUNTER JUGGLER
ELAINE LESLEY SINGER
AL ROMAS COMIC
MARK TAYLOR MAGIC
KEVIN MORRISON COCKTAIL PIANIST
TAMI NOVAK CENTRUM TRIO
LEGACY SHOWBAND
I know juggling doesn't seem like an exciting thing, but I've seen Chuck Gunter twice and he's very good. I would definately say he's a DON'T MISS show. He offers comedy and talent combined.

Hypo
December 26th, 2004, 08:50 AM
We saw Bowser a couple of cruises back. Great show, and it is rather incongruous to see him dressed like a 60's "greaser" and playing classical piano.

His parents paid for a lot of classical piano lessons when he was a kid.

Don't miss his performance!

Mark & Juli