PDA

View Full Version : from Gustavia to shell beach

zula
February 6th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi,
We will be in Gustavia St.Barths end of february. Is it possible to hike to shell beach from Gustavia. Is it worth the effort, or should I try another beach?
Thanks for any info.
Regards,
S.

dlb237
February 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hi,
We will be in Gustavia St.Barths end of february. Is it possible to hike to shell beach from Gustavia. Is it worth the effort, or should I try another beach?
Thanks for any info.
Regards,
S.

Yes, 10-15min walk through town, basically flat. On this map (http://www.st-barths.com/guidepgs/maptown.html), shell beach is at the upper left - top of A3 & bottom of A2. It's a reasonably nice beach, and the only one that you can really walk to from the dock. --David

Naveron
February 9th, 2010, 03:28 PM
There's also a nice restaurant, Do Brazil, on Shell Beach. Very walkable from Gustavia.

ICE123
January 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Ok -here is a dumb question -are there lots of shells on "Shell Beach"

ondeckatsea
January 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, lots of tiny pink shells. It's very pretty.

zqvol
January 10th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Hi,
Thanks for any info.
Regards,
S.

Shell beach is in Gustavia so it is not really a hike, more like a stroll through town.getting to any other beach will requirea rental car or VERY expensive cab, if you want a different beach try Nikki beach.

newhopecruiser
October 8th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Doeb anyone know the cost to rent chairs and umbrella from Do Brazil?
Thanks

youbid
October 10th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I've been lucky enough to land on St Barts many times. Sometimes I rent a car or stay local in town. But another beach you may enjoy is St Jean, just past the airport and often if your not shy do as I do, ask a local driving in town if they will drop you off at St Jean. I have grabbed a ride many times as the main road goes right past the beach.. And St Jean is a much nicer beach, more places to eat and many small shops to explore....Enjoy we do...

Crez4jc
October 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Ok -here is a dumb question -are there lots of shells on "Shell Beach"

The entire beach is shells, wear sandals.....