PDA

View Full Version : Brits Will Make Financial Sacrifices To Carry On Cruising, Survey Reveals

LauraS
March 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Brits Will Make Financial Sacrifices To Carry On Cruising, Survey Reveals

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3736)

Swath
March 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
More disturbingly, a number of cruisers, the report said, were keen to see Elvis, Frank Sinatra and Les Dawson on board, all of whom are dead.
Okay,
I do not know if I should Laugh or Cry at that

EJNutz
March 6th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I am not one of the 28% who would cut back to cruise. Cruise within your means is what I say.

Berserker
March 6th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Is it really necessary to use the phrase "Brits"?

Britons, or the British, are far more acceptable.

nellydean
March 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I think it's a great pity they omitted RCI, as I they would have a got a more balanced view, especially as one of the line's biggest ships IOS sails from UK waters and is very popular.

No surprise that itinerary trumps ship, as we are an island nation and like nothing better than getting in a boat and exploring strange new worlds - go anywhere in the world and you will find some brits already encamped, it's a throw-back to our empire-building days, but mainly because we live on an island, so have to go abroad to get anywhere.

having said all this, I think brits are becoming more discerning as regards ships, ie the more cruises they take, the more the ship's facilities takes on a greatre emphasis - we have found this to be the case with us. Started off just using the ship as a method of transport, but now enjoy those cruise days more than ever, especially on a busy itinerary. Rocks walls and flowriders I can see will have only minimal attraction, but talk about bars and you'll get our attention straight away!

With the recession and the cold winter we've had, I'm not surprised people are unwilling to give up their cruises - or, any holiday for that matter, even if it means scrimping and saving to pay for it, or going without other things - we have to have something to look forard to, for goodness sake! :)

Luke Warmwater
March 7th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Okay,
I do not know if I should Laugh or Cry at that

Well, it suggests the question was about fantasy acts, rather like asking you which interesting people you would like to have dinner with and you answer, Ghandi, Edith Piaf and Adolf Hitler.

Swath
March 7th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Well, it suggests the question was about fantasy acts, rather like asking you which interesting people you would like to have dinner with and you answer, Ghandi, Edith Piaf and Adolf Hitler.
Well that was my first reaction to the the Article

Swath
March 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
A third (31 percent) like to travel with mainly British passengers
I wonder what could be behind that xenophobic like mind set SAD