PDA

View Full Version : leaving tom. need quick ans. snorkeling with glASSES

pattyk
January 5th, 2005, 02:56 PM
IS IT POSSIBLE TO WEAR MY GLASSES while snorkeling-can't see anything without them

xznwfd
January 5th, 2005, 03:11 PM
I wasn't able to fit mine under the mask, and so couldn't see a darn thing. IA fish would have had to hit the mask for me to notice it. Friends who snorkle all the time had a mask fit with prescription lenses, but I haven't done that yet, so I skip snorkeling.

StephenJohnson
January 5th, 2005, 03:56 PM
No, it isn't BUT you can get non-prescription masks for snorkeling with corrective lenses - check snorkel shops pre-departure. My wife used a pair in Hawaii & loved them.

A sample merchant link (just googled it, no recommendation implied) Here (http://www.snorkeldirect.com/scnasiprma.html) - just to let you know what may be available at local or port stores. Good luck!

TheWog
January 5th, 2005, 04:02 PM
If you have an old pair hanging around take of the arms and fit them into the mask. Won't be pretty or perfect, but will help you see. Since it is a last minute fix, it may serve your purpose.

jean-lynd
January 5th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I usually do what THEWOG suggested but some ships do have masks that you can rent with different prescriptions. You may be able to find one that will work for you. I hope this helps!