PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette November 18 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
We bought the wild turkey pins with we will be wearing. Where do we get beads with shot glasses on them?

You could go to any party supply store like iParty (if you have one near you). You might even find them in a Dollar tree or similar $1 store. I have one set, but I need to get a 2nd. I think we should all have them on at sailaway as we are the Wild Turkeys.

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Does that mean the guys have to wear a jacket every night in BLU?
DH will not be happy about that!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just planned on wearing slacks and a collared shirt.
Dianne
Pam just emailed me a link to a page and it had some interesting info on it. I copied it and here is the info

Blu Dress Code:
Although the dress code in Blu (dining venue for AquaClass guests) has always mirrored the dress code of the main dining room, the NEW dress code for Blu will now be Smart Casual and Above for all nights of the cruise. As a note, the dress code for all speciality dining restaurants is already Smart Casual and Above for all nights of the cruise. The main dining room is the only venue where formal attire is required on formal nights.

Pam where did you find this? Now we have to see if tuxes are in or out for our guys. I think I will check this out with our TA this week.

Pat

mjwcruising
October 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Does that mean the guys have to wear a jacket every night in BLU?
DH will not be happy about that!!!!!!!!!!!!
He just planned on wearing slacks and a collared shirt.
Dianne

On the old informal informal nights men were to wear a sports coat.

Smart casual is slacks and a collared shirt. So if the new dress code is smart causual your DH is good to go. :)

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks, Mary. After posting that, I went on the Celebrity site and tried to research "Smart Casual". It appears that he won't have to wear a jacket. That makes him happy. Though now he might want to forgo the suit on the formal nights that the MDR observes, too, LOL.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you this week. Cherrish those memories!
Dianne
On the old informal informal nights men were to wear a sports coat.

Smart casual is slacks and a collared shirt. So if the new dress code is smart causual your DH is good to go. :)

Imagolfnut
October 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Good morning everyone - bright and clear here and COLD! Oh, how I hate the cold, even though it is pretty right now.

Mary - very sorry for your loss; I lost my dad (also actually my stepdad since I was 3) a very long time ago, but I have so many fond memories of him - and you will too!!

Had the wiring done yesterday for a generator!! After Irene's visit in August, we don't want to face the winter with any possibility of no power! The generator arrives on Tuesday. Of course now that we've spent the money and had one installed, we'll probably never need it!! (Which is OK by me!)

Started ironing clothes to bring yesterday - think I definitely have to eliminate some! I packed for 12 days before in one suitcase, so why am I having so much trouble this time?? All I really need are bathing suits and dinner wear! A couple of T-shirts and shorts should do for the rest but I feel like I've got the whole closet lined up to go!! Going to make my list and whittle it down!! (some how).

Have a bowling tournament today so have to get moving.

Diane you'll love the White Face area - we were up there years ago and it really is beautiful! We should get together soon - we're running out of time. Of course, we'll have a bus ride to get acquainted as well, if things don't gel before hand.

Marge

Slessenb
October 23rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Mary

I am sending you my prayers and know how the heart hurts. Just pray those beautiful memories grow brighter with each sunrise and the pain dims with each sunset.

Slessenb
October 23rd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks Patty for the wishes where did the past 34 years go not sure!!! We said that this morning.

We will just go out to dinner as the cruise is how we truly celebrate. I cannot afford to many extra calories if I want to wear my cruise clothes and of course Jim never has to worry much.

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Marge,
I'm having the same problem as you with clothes.....LOL I packed a lot of summer stuff away and left out what I want to bring or at least what I think I want to bring. The spare room closet is now full! LOL .....and I have a large rubbermaid basket sitting in there with tops in that as well. I know I can't bring all that stuff because all it will do is get wrinkled and I know I won't wear half of it. Guess I'll have to retry things on and weed thru them again in a couple weeks. They fit 2 weeks ago when I tried them on but I think I better try them on again before we pack them. Instead of cutting down on my eating, I seem to be eating more. I think it's nerves........LOL But then again I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad and I eat when I'm stressed! LOL I hate those people that can't eat when they are stressed, upset or nervous, because I'm the opposite......LOL I know I'll have to weed thru the clothes a couple more times before Tony sees them as he always tells me I take way to much.......LOL

Sue, hope you and Jim have a great celebration dinner! Like someone on the boards said "we can all toast each other on the ship". We seem to never cruise during our birthdays or anniversary. For one thing, my BD is in Sept (and yes last month was a milestone BD for me so that's cause for celebration), and I don't want to cruise during hurricane season and Tony's BD is in January and so is our Anniversary. Guess we could cruise then, but out of Florida.......don't want to cruise out of Bayonne in January, well, I think it would be interesting, but not sure I want to do that......LOL

Patty

Greensgirl
October 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Patty for the wishes where did the past 34 years go not sure!!! We said that this morning.

We will just go out to dinner as the cruise is how we truly celebrate. I cannot afford to many extra calories if I want to wear my cruise clothes and of course Jim never has to worry much.

Sue and Jim,
Congrats on your anniversary!! Enjoy your dinner and think about the warm relaxing cruise days ahead!
Cheers! Becky and Mike

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Happy Anniversary, Sue & Jim! Enjoy your dinner together tonight!
Cruising is how we celebrate our anniversaries now. We try to do something around the April time but this one will be our "Christmas" gift to each other. We don't do "big" gifts to each other. We figure our cruises are a good choice instead.
Dianne
Sue and Jim,

I know tomorrow is your Anniversary but let me be the first to wish you a very Happy Anniversary and many more years of love, health, happiness and cruising together!
(plus tomorrow is back to work for me and I might forget so wanted to do it now.....LOL)

http://www.wishes7.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Anniversary-ecards-wishes-7.jpg

Hugs,
Patty and Tony

wolfie10
October 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Mary so sorry to hear about your dad, I lost my stepdad years ago, he brought me up from the age of 2 and as far I was concerned he was my DAD, he was wonderful. Still miss him,
Margaret

wolfie10
October 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I think the dress code was announced over here because on european cruises, especially the ones from Italy they were finding that that the dress code was being ignored. It wasn't just Celebrity have problems it was lots of other cruise lines. That is one of the reasons we never cruise from europe.
I can say this my DH will be bringing his Tux with him even if we have to pay for an extra case on the flight.
My guest room is full of clothes waiting to be sorted into what to take and what to leave behind, but already the biggest lot is Barry's, the problem is we also have to pack for 7 days of cold weather 3 before the cruise and 4 after and those clothes are rather bulky, plus for the couple of days on the ship when we will be in cooler waters.
Three weeks tomorrow we set out for our hotel at Heathrow redy for the flight the next day, it seems to be coming round quickly now.
Just watchng the results show for Strictly come Dancing, two of the judges Len and Bruno are the same as you have , but we also have the same problems as people voting out good ones and keeping in rubbish.
Have just found the programme where DWTS is on, in case any one over here wants to know if you have Sky or Cable on Watch at 9.00 pm Monday.
Margaret

CrabbyHarper
October 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
So sorry to hear about your dad. Your wonderful memories will be comfort. You'll never forget him but the pain of loss will get easier. Been there, done that, still miss him.

Gerry in Carlisle

CrabbyHarper
October 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
So happy to hear the announcement about smart casual for Blu! For those who want to dress up, nothing is stopping you, and the rest of us can admire your taste. But for us, NOT having to bring formal attire is a blessing.

Little anecdote here: DH always used to bring and wear his best dark suit. Our last cruise, on Mercury, he decided not to bring even a sports coat. We figured we would eat in the buffet on formal nights. Well gosh darn, wouldn't you know it - we got an invite to the Captain's Table - first time EVER! And we could not go because we had no formal clothes! So... did we learn a lesson? Nope - gonna sail this voyage without even a sports coat.

I remember the "good old days" when going downtown on the streetcar mean dressing up in hats, white gloves, and pumps. And people really dressed up to fly or take a train. Well, those days are gone. We might mourn those days, but I must admit today's casual attire is a lot more comfortable.

Now if we could just hit a happy medium - no ripped jeans, caps on backwards, droopy pants......

fm519
October 23rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Hi All ~ We're new to this roll call...having recently booked this sailing. Can't wait!!! We're looking at beaches in Antigua and are hearing wonderful reviews about Valley Church. Would anyone care to join us and share a cab? Fred & Kathy

26 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RodPat
October 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
So happy to hear the announcement about smart casual for Blu! For those who want to dress up, nothing is stopping you, and the rest of us can admire your taste. But for us, NOT having to bring formal attire is a blessing.

Little anecdote here: DH always used to bring and wear his best dark suit. Our last cruise, on Mercury, he decided not to bring even a sports coat. We figured we would eat in the buffet on formal nights. Well gosh darn, wouldn't you know it - we got an invite to the Captain's Table - first time EVER! And we could not go because we had no formal clothes! So... did we learn a lesson? Nope - gonna sail this voyage without even a sports coat.

I remember the "good old days" when going downtown on the streetcar mean dressing up in hats, white gloves, and pumps. And people really dressed up to fly or take a train. Well, those days are gone. We might mourn those days, but I must admit today's casual attire is a lot more comfortable.

Now if we could just hit a happy medium - no ripped jeans, caps on backwards, droopy pants......

I have been saying for a long time now that Formal nights would become a thing of the past. Celebrity has to make the young people happy. We older folks are like dinosaurs, they didn't adapt and then they faded away. Celebrity is looking for the 40 year old to keep sailing for another 25 years. I am afraid in another 25 years if I am still cruising, I will be pushed around in a wheelchair and have someone to wipe the spit from my mouth.:D Just don't understand why only the people in the MDR have to dress for Formal night. Just strange to me.

Pat

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Happy Anniversary, Sue & Jim! Enjoy your dinner together tonight!
Cruising is how we celebrate our anniversaries now. We try to do something around the April time but this one will be our "Christmas" gift to each other. We don't do "big" gifts to each other. We figure our cruises are a good choice instead.
Dianne

Dianne,
We went from buying lots of gifts for each other at Christmas (that usually had to be exchanged) to buying something big for the 2 of us, but that didn't last long either because when we want or need something, we buy it.........LOL Then we decided to buy no gifts at all for each other and I like that much better. I much prefer taking a vacation..........LOL We just buy for everyone else...........LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
I have been saying for a long time now that Formal nights would become a thing of the past. Celebrity has to make the young people happy. We older folks are like dinosaurs, they didn't adapt and then they faded away. Celebrity is looking for the 40 year old to keep sailing for another 25 years. I am afraid in another 25 years if I am still cruising, I will be pushed around in a wheelchair and have someone to wipe the spit from my mouth.:D Just don't understand why only the people in the MDR have to dress for Formal night. Just strange to me.

Pat

Pat,
Honestly, I don't understand the formal wear only in the MDR either. Actually, I would have thought that formal wear would definitly be the norm for Blu. It was never a rule for specialty restaurants or for the buffet but Blu is the MDR for people in Aqua. I bet before long they'll make it optional in the MDR too. I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I think 2 formal nights are nice but I think 3 is overkill, but that's just my opinion.
Patty

Greensgirl
October 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
I think the dress code was announced over here because on european cruises, especially the ones from Italy they were finding that that the dress code was being ignored. It wasn't just Celebrity have problems it was lots of other cruise lines. That is one of the reasons we never cruise from europe.
I can say this my DH will be bringing his Tux with him even if we have to pay for an extra case on the flight.
My guest room is full of clothes waiting to be sorted into what to take and what to leave behind, but already the biggest lot is Barry's, the problem is we also have to pack for 7 days of cold weather 3 before the cruise and 4 after and those clothes are rather bulky, plus for the couple of days on the ship when we will be in cooler waters.
Three weeks tomorrow we set out for our hotel at Heathrow redy for the flight the next day, it seems to be coming round quickly now.
Just watchng the results show for Strictly come Dancing, two of the judges Len and Bruno are the same as you have , but we also have the same problems as people voting out good ones and keeping in rubbish.
Have just found the programme where DWTS is on, in case any one over here wants to know if you have Sky or Cable on Watch at 9.00 pm Monday.
Margaret

Margaret, My husband loves to dress in his Tux and would not be very happy going on a cruise without it. Getting dressed up for dinner is just one of the many reasons we love to cruise!! We too have to pack for cold weather too...spending 5 nights in NYC on our return to celebrate an early Christmas with our daughter, son in-law and precious 19 month old grandson. (our only grandchild) It's the cold weather clothes that are heavy and take up so much room. We are going to pack one case together for that leg of the trip and not open it until we get back to NY. Thankfully we are flying South West Airlines and get to check two bags each for no charge. We are going to try to take only three if we can!

Greensgirl
October 23rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Pat,
Honestly, I don't understand the formal wear only in the MDR either. Actually, I would have thought that formal wear would definitly be the norm for Blu. It was never a rule for specialty restaurants or for the buffet but Blu is the MDR for people in Aqua. I bet before long they'll make it optional in the MDR too. I'm not so sure that's a good thing. I think 2 formal nights are nice but I think 3 is overkill, but that's just my opinion.
Patty

Patty...I hope X doesn't do away with formal nights...NCL went to that more relaxed kind of cruising and we have not been on an NCL since that began, it's just not what we look for when choosing a cruise. I know it's different for everyone but we personally would not be happy with the change. We have always had at least 3 formal nights on any cruise 10 nights or more so we just plan for them.
Becky

samkmm
October 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Summer sorry to hear that your having trouble. Hope your home soon.

Mary we are sorry to hear about your Dad. No matter what your age its not an easy time. Know that we will keep you in our prayers.

Nyc wrist problems are no fun. Had a broken RIGHT wrist a while back. Cast was up to elbow and it was a very hot summer. So hope its not to long of a recovery. I'm righty!

Saturday we went Pumpkin Picking with oldest son/family. Dil parents. Her Dad bought Cider Donuts! YUM!! Well after 2 bites I screamed. I had a terrible pain and crunch in my mouth. I had been STUNG on my tongue by a BEE. It got swollen really quick. There was another family and they had BENADRIL ( I usually have it but changed bags). He gave me there's and it was liquid.(no spoon or cup). So I just poured it into my mouth. About 1/2 hour later I couldn't keep my head up. We went to a park for a picnic. I tried to eat could hardly talk went back to car and slept the rest of the day. Feel much better today. Tongue is still a bit swollen. Don't know how I got it into my mouth. But if its going to happen IT HAPPENS TO ME!

Kathy

cubfan65
October 23rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Chad, our son, started Home Brewing 3 years ago and his 1st beer was a Chocolate Coffee stout. Having tied a friends attempt at home brewing years ago, I was very hesitant in tasting a very dark beer - especially since I usually drank light beers. WOW - what a surprise! Now I am hooked on Stouts. Last cruise on the EOS, I had a nightly Murphy's Stout. I designed a logo for him, but not official yet. I will be wearing a T-Shirt with the Lazy Dog logo on board.

Two new batches perking at this time and Chad will be brewing something else later today! His Pumpkin Ale is very good! No surprise how often friends and family stop by for a taste of his beers. 4 taps on his keg-erator.

Howard, you are on! Meet us in Michaels! What is your pleasure?

Tomorrow you will find me at my friends vineyard - Pizzadelli's in Felton, DE for the 2nd Annual Delaware Wine & Beer Festival. :rolleyes:

For those that try microbrewerys - Dog Fish is only 20 miles from our home. Very informative and enjoyable tour with tastings afterwards. Should have a designated driver with you.

Updated "Wild Turkeys" Roll Call will be sent out tomorrow evening - after my visit to the festival! Only need 2 new member to reach 100!

Steve, have to say I am looking forward to enjoying Michael's and their line of crafted brews. I'll take a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. Okay, maybe they don't have those, but I am sure there will be lots to discover. Have been thinking about getting one of those home brew kits. Sounds like a blast.

Cheers, John

atog254
October 23rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
John,

You'll have to talk with Chad during the cruise. Been Home Brewing for a few years and I must say as others will as well, he is doing very well!

Just spent 5 hours at the 2 annual Delaware Wine and Beer Festival and had the opportunity to talk with the Gold Ribbon winner at this year's State Fair. Chad is the brew master not me, and this guy had NO clue on how to brew! :eek:

Well I am about to send out this week's update of the Nov. 18th Roll Call.

If you have registered and have sent my your information you should receive the Roll Call and other documents. IF you have not done so - WHY?

Please review and let me know if there are any errors or omissions!

RodPat
October 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM

Mary we are sorry to hear about your Dad. No matter what your age its not an easy time. Know that we will keep you in our prayers.

Nyc wrist problems are no fun. Had a broken RIGHT wrist a while back. Cast was up to elbow and it was a very hot summer. So hope its not to long of a recovery. I'm righty!

Saturday we went Pumpkin Picking with oldest son/family. Dil parents. Her Dad bought Cider Donuts! YUM!! Well after 2 bites I screamed. I had a terrible pain and crunch in my mouth. I had been STUNG on my tongue by a BEE. It got swollen really quick. There was another family and they had BENADRIL ( I usually have it but changed bags). He gave me there's and it was liquid.(no spoon or cup). So I just poured it into my mouth. About 1/2 hour later I couldn't keep my head up. We went to a park for a picnic. I tried to eat could hardly talk went back to car and slept the rest of the day. Feel much better today. Tongue is still a bit swollen. Don't know how I got it into my mouth. But if its going to happen IT HAPPENS TO ME!

Kathy

Kathy, how awlful. I hate bees and to think you got one in your mouth and it stung your tongue, gives me the shakes. Glad someone near by had benadryl.

Pat

island couple
October 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
My father (actually my step-father but he raised me from the time I was 1 1/2 yrs. old) was diagnosed with a abdominal aeortic anurism in early spring. He had surgery where they went into his groin area and tried go to the area of the unurism to patch it. They couldn't navigate his artery and then the only alternative was for him to have a major surgery which could take up to 6 months recovery. He declined. He was 86 at the time. He turned 87 in August. My sister found him in his kitchen on wednesday night. From the looks of things he passed shortly after waking up wednesday in the AM. The coroner said he died quickly. We were told he most likely did not know what hit him. Although we knew this is probably how his life would end it came as a shock when it happened because there was no illness or warning. I am glad I spoke with him twice last week and ended each conversation with 3 simple words: I love you.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

John and I are looking forward to this cruise and spending time with all of you; we couldn't have picked a cruise with nicer group of people.

Mary

Mary,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Our thoughts and prayers are with you . May the good memories of your Dad help you through this difficult time.

Jane

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
OMG, Kathy, That's terrible! Glad you're ok!
I guess that bee wanted your donut as much as you did! :eek:
Sorry you couldn't enjoy it.
Dianne

Kathy

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Welcome Aboard Fred & Kathy! Better late than never! :D
Dianne
Hi All ~ We're new to this roll call...having recently booked this sailing. Can't wait!!! We're looking at beaches in Antigua and are hearing wonderful reviews about Valley Church. Would anyone care to join us and share a cab? Fred & Kathy

fm519
October 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks Dianne... It's good to be aboard! See you're from So Jersey....we're neighbors. :) We live in Jackson. Will there be a cruise critic party on board our sailing? I haven't read thru much of these posts, since there's just too many. Kathy

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM

Kathy
You are not alone. Our city has an International Festival every September and one year when I went I got a delicious hot pastrami sandwich. At one point I though I had a cut on my lip and the mustard got into it because it really stung. Of course it did, I did get stung on the lip. People were watching me eat the sandwich and mentioned to me that my lip was swelling up. Good thing there was a first aid tent across the street from where I was.

See, it can happen to anyone.

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks Dianne... It's good to be aboard! See you're from So Jersey....we're neighbors. :) We live in Jackson. Will there be a cruise critic party on board our sailing? I haven't read thru much of these posts, since there's just too many. Kathy
There is a Connections Party already set up. You need to register for it. Here is the link (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do)

There are also other events that we are planning, I have to go back to get the information and I will post it for you to see. We are planning a Slot Pull, Farewell Luncheon, Sail Away Party.... Stay tuned for the follow-up post.

samkmm
October 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Howard sorry to hear about your lip! I feel better knowing that I'm not alone. Kevin(our son) made every BEE joke or refrence that he could think. of. It was funny and I just took it. Now I don't know if they'll ask me to go again with them. To much DRAMA when I'm around. He even put photo's on facebook!!

Kathy:p:p

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
"Reminder To Join In The Fun"

"For those that have not yet done so and for all those that are new to this thread, please join us in some of the fun that we have going on behind the scenes of this thread and the plans that we have when we get on the Silhouette.

You can find details for our Roll Call, Website and Photo Gallery at post number 4587 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30406229&postcount=4587) of this thread.

While you are at it, consider registering for the Celebrity Connections (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do) party that will be on the ship after we sail where we can all get together and meet. Stay tuned, as we get closer to the sailing. More details on some of the events on board will be coming soon.

If you are also interested, you can also get t-shirts and other items with a logo that was designed for our cruise. You can find the details at post 4297 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30250555&postcount=4297)."

Just click on the blue links and you are there!

mjwcruising
October 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
There is a Connections Party already set up. You need to register for it. Here is the link (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do)

There are also other events that we are planning, I have to go back to get the information and I will post it for you to see. We are planning a Slot Pull, Farewell Luncheon, Sail Away Party.... Stay tuned for the follow-up post.

Howard,

Just wondering. How will we know when there are get togethers for our roll call like the Slot Pull, Farewell luncheon, and smaller get togethers like beers in Michael's club etc. If I remember correctly I think I have seen a white board in Guest Relations with Cruise Critic messages. Is this what will be used to messages out?
Mary

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Howard,

Just wondering. How will we know when there are get togethers for our roll call like the Slot Pull, Farewell luncheon, and smaller get togethers like beers in Michael's club etc. If I remember correctly I think I have seen a white board in Guest Relations with Cruise Critic messages. Is this what will be used to messages out?
Mary
The Connections Party will be handled by the ship. They will notify us. The sail away party will be after the muster as we pull away from the pier and we will either be in the Sunset Bar or the Sky Observation Lounge depending on the weather. I believe Steve will be working out the details on the Slot Pull and the Farewell Luncheon. I am not really sure how we are to be notified. The other gatherings, we might need to make sure we all know each other's cabins so we can call or leave notes. Hopefully there will also be a board at Guest Relations to assist us. Other than that, I really do not know.

2SeaWithMe
October 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Mary I'm so very sorry about the loss of your father. I will be praying for you and your family as you handle the arrangements.

Welcome to the roll call, Fred & Kathy! It seems like this ship might actually make a good run at being sold out.

Happy Anniversary, Sue & Jim! Many happy returns!

I'm going to try to catch up on the rest of this now..I took a break to post because I didn't want to neglect saything something to Mary. I hope to be out of the hospital tomorrow or Tuesday.

Howard, I don't have all the info here. I will see if I can comb through my email to send you a copy, otherwise I'll just shoot you my address.

We purchased some pumpkins last weekend when we were out in lancaster for the day. Funny thing happened...Dewey and I are grabbing a bunch, because our chickens actually really like raw pumpkin and it was 3/$5, really big 20lb ones. A family pours out of an suv and sweep past us and start picking them off the wagon. I didn't mind because we weren't looking for perfect shapes, or whatever, just some for our front steps and for livestock.

Their behaviour made a little more sense when they were finished...they tried to pay me! They thought I was AMISH! :eek: I thought it was pretty funny..I was wearing sneakers, cargo capris, an ELECTRIC green sweater and earrings, jewelry, etc. In their defense, I do headcover a fair amount of the time, but I dress really liberally for that faith group (anabaptist) and I had a polka dot bandana on. Polka dots. :p

So no exciting bee sting stories but I thought you all might get a kick out of that.

cubfan65
October 23rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
The problem that I see will be that people are going to be arriving at different times so placing a simple one-time order will be difficult. We will be there mid-afternoon. I know that others will not be there until at least 6:00 or later. We might have to ask for a couple of different deliveries and just stay in the "eating" area as everyone arrives. Maybe what we could do is order as needed from what ever menus they have at the hotel and just plan on a common dessert.

Howard, it appears we will be there earlier then anticipated. In other words, have been advised by our time manager that we will not be going to work for a half-day as originally thought. So, Deanna and I are happy to help once we meet up on Thursday.

John

mjwcruising
October 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you to all the new thoughts & prayers.

Happy Anniversary Jim & Sue!

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Mary I'm so very sorry about the loss of your father. I will be praying for you and your family as you handle the arrangements.

Welcome to the roll call, Fred & Kathy! It seems like this ship might actually make a good run at being sold out.

I'm going to try to catch up on the rest of this now..I took a break to post because I didn't want to neglect saything something to Mary. I hope to be out of the hospital tomorrow or Tuesday.

Howard, I don't have all the info here. I will see if I can comb through my email to send you a copy, otherwise I'll just shoot you my address.

We purchased some pumpkins last weekend when we were out in lancaster for the day. Funny thing happened...Dewey and I are grabbing a bunch, because our chickens actually really like raw pumpkin and it was 3/$5, really big 20lb ones. A family pours out of an suv and sweep past us and start picking them off the wagon. I didn't mind because we weren't looking for perfect shapes, or whatever, just some for our front steps and for livestock.

Their behaviour made a little more sense when they were finished...they tried to pay me! They thought I was AMISH! :eek: I thought it was pretty funny..I was wearing sneakers, cargo capris, an ELECTRIC green sweater and earrings, jewelry, etc. In their defense, I do headcover a fair amount of the time, but I dress really liberally for that faith group (anabaptist) and I had a polka dot bandana on. Polka dots. :p

So no exciting bee sting stories but I thought you all might get a kick out of that.
Do not worry about sending the info. I already received it fro others on the thread. Just take care of yourself and get home real soon.

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Howard, it appears we will be there earlier then anticipated. In other words, have been advised by our time manager that we will not be going to work for a half-day as originally thought. So, Deanna and I are happy to help once we meet up on Thursday.

John
We are hoping to be there by 3:00 to 3:30 that afternoon. The help would be appreciated. If you hav ideas on how we can do this, you can send them to me at
hac82 at yahoo dot com

hac82
October 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
Happy Anniversary to Sue and Jim. Many Many more to come. We will toast you at dinner in 25 days at the Springhill.

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Patty...I hope X doesn't do away with formal nights...NCL went to that more relaxed kind of cruising and we have not been on an NCL since that began, it's just not what we look for when choosing a cruise. I know it's different for everyone but we personally would not be happy with the change. We have always had at least 3 formal nights on any cruise 10 nights or more so we just plan for them.
Becky

Becky,
Honestly, I don't think Celebrity will ever do away with formal nights and I don't think they should. I think that's one thing that shouldn't change. There are certainly enough alternative places for people to eat if they don't want to dress formal. We have always gone to formal nights, except for the few times we went to a specialty restaurant although we dressed for that as well.........LOL

I don't think you have to worry about them doing away with formal nights.

Kathy,
OMG, you poor thing! I can't even imagine a bee stinging my tongue! How awful!!

My husband was attacked by bees this summer at our campground. He went to move some wood for the campfire and the bees were in the ground. They were all over him and he had a lot of stings. Our neighbor at the shore gave us meat tenderizer to put on the stings and it really helped. I was stung on the neck once. I was leaving a convenience store and carrying a bag and the darn bee was in the bag and came right up and stung my neck. I was on my way to work which is at a hospital and by the time I got there my neck was getting pretty swollen so went over to the ER for some benedryl. There were tons of bees in the parking lot of Shop Rite today too. I had to make sure they didn't get in the car when I was loading the groceries.

Glad your okay.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
Fred and Kathy,

Welcome to the thread! Glad you can join us. What have you heard about Valley Church? I'm assuming that's a beach, right? I see your from Jackson so your not to far from us. We're from Bordentown.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM

Summer,
Glad your doing better. Hope you get out of the hospital soon. Just take it easy and feel better.
Patty

DPNBP
October 23rd, 2011, 11:17 PM
I know it's a lot to catch up. I've never seen so many posts for a cruise. Gotta Love this Bunch of Wild Turkeys! ;) I see Howard gave you the information you need. If there is any other questions you have, ask away. I'm sure someone in this group will be able to help you. We're about an hours south of you in Turnersville.
Dianne

Cruisemate1974
October 24th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Mary,
So sorry about your father. I lost mine 7 years ago and the healing process still continues, but the memories are priceless and so comforting.

Our deepest condolences!

Summer,
I hope you get out soon. Take it easy and rest up!

Can't wait to meet everyone, get on board and toast to a fantastic cruise, and all these anniversaries! :-)

--Val

beachlovergirl
October 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Happy Anniversary Sue and Jim! Enjoy your special day.

John and I went shopping at the outlets today in Lancaster, Pa. The drive there was beautiful with all the changing colors of the leaves. Here in South Jersey the leaves are just starting to turn! We always go to Bird-In-Hand to the Amish Market but it was closed.....guess we usually don't go there on a Sunday....well, now we know.

Kathy, I've never had a bee sting my tongue.....owwww!! We stopped at a farm market today and the yellow jackets were all over the fruits and veggies!

Dee

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 05:49 AM

HI, email us at ljgmc@comcast.net re: Valley Church

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Today, the pastry chefs left us a message that is short and sweet. We have only
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/25-3.jpg
day left. Isn't that a delicious message?

myjillian
October 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Margaret, My husband loves to dress in his Tux and would not be very happy going on a cruise without it. Getting dressed up for dinner is just one of the many reasons we love to cruise!! We too have to pack for cold weather too...spending 5 nights in NYC on our return to celebrate an early Christmas with our daughter, son in-law and precious 19 month old grandson. (our only grandchild) It's the cold weather clothes that are heavy and take up so much room. We are going to pack one case together for that leg of the trip and not open it until we get back to NY. Thankfully we are flying South West Airlines and get to check two bags each for no charge. We are going to try to take only three if we can!
This is just an idea but once we did a 14 repositioning cruise on Celebrity. We went from Vancover to San Diego in Sept. Then 3 days later we did a Princess Mexician Rivera out of San Diego. We not only brought warm clothes with us for Alaska but bought some leater and fur bargains while there. Richard got a couple of boxes from the hotel and packed up all the warm things and sent them home UPS.

It might be less hassel if you sent a box of warm clothes to your daughter and they will be there for you when you get there. With the cost of suitcases on airlines etc. You might come out even but not have the hassel:cool:
Richard also loves his Tux dressing and we dress every time we go in the dining room. He always wears jacket etc. We love the luxury of cruising, and love to feel pampered...but then we're old:p not 40 something !

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I just needed to say that I only have 18 more workdays counting today. That makes it sound a little closer.

myjillian
October 24th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I just needed to say that I only have 18 more workdays counting today. That makes it sound a little closer.
Would you like me to make up name tags for the Springhill Gang?

jwb3843
October 24th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Howard ~ thanks for the new perspective!! That will definitely help me get through another dreaded Monday!!

Julie

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Would you like me to make up name tags for the Springhill Gang?
I like that. "The Springhill Gang". Has a nice ring to it. Name tags sounds like a great idea.

beachbuzzard
October 24th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hey everyone - not posting much because I've been just too busy. Didn't really go online much over the weekend.

Love the talk of beer. I don't brew it all and don't really care to - but Kim and I sure can drink it. We only bought the classic package so I'm sure a lot of the beers in Michael's will not be covered under our package. But we may be able to buy them with a slight up-charge, so we might enjoy a few along the way.

Kim and I spend about 7 hours yesterday painting our dining room. It came out really nice - just the living room is left to do, then we can have the floor guys come in and refinish the hardwood floors in those two rooms. All that coupled with our new kitchen and it's like a brand new first floor of our house. We're ready for a cruise after all that!

Concerning the Wild Turkey merchandise, those of you that ordered Christmas ornaments - they are on their way to me now - they have shipped. Total price came out to just under $110 for the 10 ornaments with shipping (they were $12 each but I found a 20% off coupon that lowered them to just under $10 each before shipping) - so have your $11 per ornament ready when I see you on the ship. I am going to bring them to the sail away and to the connections party if I don't catch you at the sail away.

Oh, and I'll probably wear my Wild Turkey tee-shirt at both of those events!!

Lastly, Kim is being forced by work to go to Belgium today until Friday - just for ONE meeting. I hate when she has to go there and the fact that they're making her go for just one meeting infuriates me. It's almost like her boss is going out of his way to tick me off. Yeah, it's just till Friday, I get it. But I am shot the entire time she's away, so it's gonna be a long week.

Alex

RodPat
October 24th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hey everyone - not posting much because I've been just too busy. Didn't really go online much over the weekend.

Love the talk of beer. I don't brew it all and don't really care to - but Kim and I sure can drink it. We only bought the classic package so I'm sure a lot of the beers in Michael's will not be covered under our package. But we may be able to buy them with a slight up-charge, so we might enjoy a few along the way.

Kim and I spend about 7 hours yesterday painting our dining room. It came out really nice - just the living room is left to do, then we can have the floor guys come in and refinish the hardwood floors in those two rooms. All that coupled with our new kitchen and it's like a brand new first floor of our house. We're ready for a cruise after all that!

Concerning the Wild Turkey merchandise, those of you that ordered Christmas ornaments - they are on their way to me now - they have shipped. Total price came out to just under $110 for the 10 ornaments with shipping (they were $12 each but I found a 20% off coupon that lowered them to just under $10 each before shipping) - so have your $11 per ornament ready when I see you on the ship. I am going to bring them to the sail away and to the connections party if I don't catch you at the sail away.

Oh, and I'll probably wear my Wild Turkey tee-shirt at both of those events!!

Lastly, Kim is being forced by work to go to Belgium today until Friday - just for ONE meeting. I hate when she has to go there and the fact that they're making her go for just one meeting infuriates me. It's almost like her boss is going out of his way to tick me off. Yeah, it's just till Friday, I get it. But I am shot the entire time she's away, so it's gonna be a long week.

Alex

Alex How sweet love is when you are first married. While I think it is stinky that she has to go for 5 days for one meeting, you have to remember what an important position she has. She will come back and really need this cruise. Just keep thinking how close this is coming and you will get through.

Pat

RodPat
October 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Saw this over on the Everything Silhouette thread but thought all here would like to see it. It is a video of driving into the port at Bayonne. The ship you will see is the Summit but imagine the Silhouette in its place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_0Atlr16c.

Pat

atog254
October 24th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Almost 40 years ago, I was a lineman for the local telephone company. Had to climb a pole on hooks one day that was covered with vines. About 2/3's of the way up the pole, my fellow workers yelled up to me that there were bees all around me. :eek: Must have hit their nest as I was climbing the pole! Lowered my self down pretty darn fast and the other guys started swatting the bees that were all over my cloths. Lucky me - not one sting! I've been stung many times over the years and not afraid of them, but that day I was very very lucky!

Never thought about Guest Relations having a BB. That's a good idea for the impromptu events. Like the "Free Salsa Dance Lessons" in myjillian's cabin! :rolleyes:

wolfie10
October 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
This is just an idea but once we did a 14 repositioning cruise on Celebrity. We went from Vancover to San Diego in Sept. Then 3 days later we did a Princess Mexician Rivera out of San Diego. We not only brought warm clothes with us for Alaska but bought some leater and fur bargains while there. Richard got a couple of boxes from the hotel and packed up all the warm things and sent them home UPS.

It might be less hassel if you sent a box of warm clothes to your daughter and they will be there for you when you get there. With the cost of suitcases on airlines etc. You might come out even but not have the hassel:cool:
Richard also loves his Tux dressing and we dress every time we go in the dining room. He always wears jacket etc. We love the luxury of cruising, and love to feel pampered...but then we're old:p not 40 something !
Thanks Linda for the information, I probably will have to do something like that as I know I will buy lots of Christmas presents of things we can't get over here or we can, but they are much more expensive. I expect there are lots of UPS depots in New York and I could pack and send all our warm weather clothes to leave more space in the luggage. This is the first year we have had problems with luggge as airlines always used to allow 2 cases each on transatlantic but that has now stopped.
Margaret

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 09:36 AM
All this talk about Michaels Club and drinking beer made me think of something. Does anyone know if they will be showing football games in there? Isn't it supposed to have a bit of a sports bar pub theme to it?
I was going to pose this question on the main board but thought I'd try here first.

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Okay, that was pretty easy, went over to Derf's "Everything Silhouette" thread and found this;

Excitement brews up in the enhanced Michael’ s Club
aboard Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection◊
Across the Celebrity fleet, Michael’s Club offers an impressive selection of rare malts, whiskies and
scotches. Building on that tradition, the “new” Michael’s Club on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity
Reflection will add an equally impressive selection of more than 50 beers, including flavorful craft beers,
and will allow guests to participate in engaging experiences such as ideal food and beer pairings, how to
pour the perfect draft, or how to select the proper beer glass, all while snacking on homemade, gourmet
potato chips and bread sticks, and fresh, lightly-spiced caramel popcorn, amidst a vibe of live music and
cool playlists, or major int ernational sporting events airing on the venue’s large, 46” TV screens.
Michael’s Club enhancements include:
• Up to 50 international beer selections including ales, lagers, lambics, ciders, wheat beers, seasonals
and beer cocktails.
• Homemade snacks made fresh daily include homemade flavored potato chips, parmesan bread
sticks or lightly spic ed caramel popcorn.
• Celebrity Life Beer Series
- Beer Tasting featuring 5 distinctively different styles complete with tasting mat and take away
literature, available anytime
- Beer & F ood pairing
- Class and demo on how to pour the perfect draft and the secrets of the right beer glass
- International Beer Challenge –Participate in tasting challenge to test your beer knowledge
• Contemporary daytime music play list, and liv e guitar or modern upbeat play list in the evening
• TV Screens to showcase the lat est in exciting sporting events

Let's hope NFL football is considered an "exciting sporting events". It is to me!!:D

mjwcruising
October 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
The Connections Party will be handled by the ship. They will notify us. The sail away party will be after the muster as we pull away from the pier and we will either be in the Sunset Bar or the Sky Observation Lounge depending on the weather. I believe Steve will be working out the details on the Slot Pull and the Farewell Luncheon. I am not really sure how we are to be notified. The other gatherings, we might need to make sure we all know each other's cabins so we can call or leave notes. Hopefully there will also be a board at Guest Relations to assist us. Other than that, I really do not know.
My cabin # is 1520. It is also listed on the roll call spreed sheet. There are phone positioned throughout the ship to make phone calls to cabins.

I wonder if the ship will have Penn State games on TV's. There will be 2 games during this cruise. Does anyone know if they have TV's in Michael's? It would make sense to have them in the brewpub.

Today, the pastry chefs left us a message that is short and sweet. We have only
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/25-3.jpg
day left. Isn't that a delicious message?

Yum......I love fruit tarts.
That one looks like a little ghost!!!!

Saw this over on the Everything Silhouette thread but thought all here would like to see it. It is a video of driving into the port at Bayonne. The ship you will see is the Summit but imagine the Silhouette in its place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_0Atlr16c.

Pat

We have sailed out of Cape Liberty 2 or 3 times.
I took a look at this when it was on the Everything Silhouette thread.
It made me sooooo anxious for this cruise.
Now I just have to find time to go through my clothes.

Summer,
Glad you're doing better. Hope you get out of the hospital soon. Take it easy and rest up!

Kathy, I've never had a bee sting my tongue.....owwww!!
A few years ago I was walking in grass with sandals on. I was stung by a yellow jacket on the side of my foot. I could not believe how much it hurt!!!
I can't imagine having this happen in my mouth. I hope you are feeling better.

mjwcruising
October 24th, 2011, 10:02 AM
All this talk about Michaels Club and drinking beer made me think of something. Does anyone know if they will be showing football games in there? Isn't it supposed to have a bit of a sports bar pub theme to it?
I was going to pose this question on the main board but thought I'd try here first.

Okay, that was pretty easy, went over to Derf's "Everything Silhouette" thread and found this;

Excitement brews up in the enhanced Michael’ s Club
aboard Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection◊
Across the Celebrity fleet, Michael’s Club offers an impressive selection of rare malts, whiskies and
scotches. Building on that tradition, the “new” Michael’s Club on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity
Reflection will add an equally impressive selection of more than 50 beers, including flavorful craft beers,
and will allow guests to participate in engaging experiences such as ideal food and beer pairings, how to
pour the perfect draft, or how to select the proper beer glass, all while snacking on homemade, gourmet
potato chips and bread sticks, and fresh, lightly-spiced caramel popcorn, amidst a vibe of live music and
cool playlists, or major int ernational sporting events airing on the venue’s large, 46” TV screens.
Michael’s Club enhancements include:
• Up to 50 international beer selections including ales, lagers, lambics, ciders, wheat beers, seasonals
and beer cocktails.
• Homemade snacks made fresh daily include homemade flavored potato chips, parmesan bread
sticks or lightly spic ed caramel popcorn.
• Celebrity Life Beer Series
- Beer Tasting featuring 5 distinctively different styles complete with tasting mat and take away
literature, available anytime
- Beer & F ood pairing
- Class and demo on how to pour the perfect draft and the secrets of the right beer glass
- International Beer Challenge –Participate in tasting challenge to test your beer knowledge
• Contemporary daytime music play list, and liv e guitar or modern upbeat play list in the evening
• TV Screens to showcase the lat est in exciting sporting events

Let's hope NFL football is considered an "exciting sporting events". It is to me!!:D

emcee207, While I was typing up my post, you were typing up these two.
Great minds think alike. Hopefully Micheal's Club will have PSU games on their TV's Saturday's and NFL games on Sunday's.:)

firedog001
October 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Pat,
There's an entire thread on the main boards about this. I was going to post the link here today so that all the Aqua folks would see it.

Patty

Have been away for a few days, so many posts. BUT thanks for this heads up. So now i wait for the Celebrity cruisers on this thread to steer us in the right direction. We never have a problem dressing for formal. We like it. But this happened to us a few years ago. We booked Galaxy, celebrity sold Galaxy, switched everyone to Azamara journey, month before we left, they made the whole ship "smart casual" No dress clothes at all. And you didn't see anyone dressing up either.
So i haven't told marty yet, i'll wait to see what most of you in AQ are doing.
Lynda

firedog001
October 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
My father (actually my step-father but he raised me from the time I was 1 1/2 yrs. old) was diagnosed with a abdominal aeortic anurism in early spring. He had surgery where they went into his groin area and tried go to the area of the unurism to patch it. They couldn't navigate his artery and then the only alternative was for him to have a major surgery which could take up to 6 months recovery. He declined. He was 86 at the time. He turned 87 in August. My sister found him in his kitchen on wednesday night. From the looks of things he passed shortly after waking up wednesday in the AM. The coroner said he died quickly. We were told he most likely did not know what hit him. Although we knew this is probably how his life would end it came as a shock when it happened because there was no illness or warning. I am glad I spoke with him twice last week and ended each conversation with 3 simple words: I love you.

Mary

Mary: So sorry for your loss. It's not easy even if you are waiting for it to happen. My mother passed at 51, we knew it was coming. My father at 64, both were so young, and so were the 5 of us children. We make a point at all holidays to talk about the years with our parents, so the great, grandchildren know who their family really is. Just keep those memories alive.
Lynda

firedog001
October 24th, 2011, 10:22 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SUE AND JIM. This might be a belated wish by now, i can't seem to get to the end of this weekends posting.

Marty and Lynda

firedog001
October 24th, 2011, 10:23 AM

Welcome Fred and Kathy: glad to see you joining this group.

Lynda

SWPD
October 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
We are booked for the 30 Nov sailing. Would someone be interested, when you on board, posting on our roll call the names of the Captain, Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Captain's Club host/hostess and Guest Relations Manager? They usually provide most of these names on a sheet during embarkation. It is good to learn their names before we arrive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Below is our thread link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...194462&page=43

firedog001
October 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Kathy[/QUOTE]

OMG Kathy. I'm surprised you didn't end up in the ER. Hope the swelling is down by this morning. Oh, my, i can't imagine how much that hurt.
Lynda

DPNBP
October 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I also think that is a nice idea, Linda. That is thoughtful of you!
Thanks, Dianne
I like that. "The Springhill Gang". Has a nice ring to it. Name tags sounds like a great idea.

Imagolfnut
October 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
emcee207, While I was typing up my post, you were typing up these two.
Great minds think alike. Hopefully Micheal's Club will have PSU games on their TV's Saturday's and NFL games on Sunday's.:)

Not being into football, I'm hoping to see the "President's Cup" somewhere on the ship. I guess I could record it before I leave home, but that would use up quite a bit of space on our Tivo. :)

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
FYI, we are in Aqua Class and I will be wearing my tux at least for 2 out of 3 formal nites. We also like to dress up a bit. LOL, I don't get invited to many black tie functions at home unless I want to make a big donation some place!;)

loosygoosy
October 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Kathy, Kathy, Kathy......it would happen to you! Hope you're OK. I was getting worried when I didn't hear back from you.....but you managed to post here so I guess all is well.

Imagolfnut
October 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Marge,
I'm having the same problem as you with clothes.....LOL I know I can't bring all that stuff because all it will do is get wrinkled and I know I won't wear half of it. Guess I'll have to retry things on and weed thru them again in a couple weeks. They fit 2 weeks ago when I tried them on but I think I better try them on again before we pack them. Instead of cutting down on my eating, I seem to be eating more. I think it's nerves........LOL But then again I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad and I eat when I'm stressed! LOL I hate those people that can't eat when they are stressed, upset or nervous, because I'm the opposite......LOL I know I'll have to weed thru the clothes a couple more times before Tony sees them as he always tells me I take way to much.......LOL
Patty

Patty - if I could lose weight when I'm stressed, I'd be soooo thin!! LOL Must be those damn hormones - when I was young I could eat anything and not gain an ounce. Now, water sticks to the hips!! LOL ;)

Welcome to Fred & Kathy - I think this is the largest CC group, I've ever sailed with!!

Kathy - what a terrible place to get stung (no place is a good place, but the mouth has to be awful). The bees seem to be out in force and love anything sweet - it draws them like a magnet. I think they're in the "end of life" phase and are aggressive!

Summer - hope you're feeling better and better!!

To everyone else - hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Marge

PS - Isn't today the Silhouette is enroute to NJ??? YEA - hope she has a smooth TA crossing.

nycmode
October 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
hi all, 25 days and counting! :D

btw has anybody here done the zipline at labadee before? we're tempted to do it, but i recently did have a slight neck injury, so i'm wonder how strenuous it is ... the videos seemed okay but i just wanted to see if anybody has been on it before ... my alt plan is to do the jetski! :)

beachbuzzard
October 24th, 2011, 11:04 AM
We are booked for the 30 Nov sailing. Would someone be interested, when you on board, posting on our roll call the names of the Captain, Hotel Director, Cruise Director, Captain's Club host/hostess and Guest Relations Manager? They usually provide most of these names on a sheet during embarkation. It is good to learn their names before we arrive. Thanks in advance for any help.

Below is our thread link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...194462&page=43

We'll see what we can do for you. Didn't we go on the same Explorer cruise in March '09???

Alex

beachbuzzard
October 24th, 2011, 11:10 AM

I know when we were on Explorer of the Seas over Thanksgiving in 2007, it was hit and miss in their sports bar. We did get some NFL games and when we did it was great. I remember our sail away day was a Sunday and there was a big Giant/Cowboy game on that night and I was thrilled because I'm a Giant fan. But over the entire cruise there wasn't as much as we would have liked. It has something to do with the ESPN Global network they carry - it tends to be much more international in flavor with lots of soccer, tennis, race cars, bicycle racing, basketball.

Maybe we'll get Monday Night Football because ESPN is the network for that right now?? Total speculation. And look at that, if it is only the two Monday night games - it would be November 21, KC at NE.... and November 28, NYG at NO!! Huh, we would both get to see a game of our team if that happens.

Alex

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
You may be right about that ESPN Global thing, on the last two Equinox cruises we took that is all we could get; at least in the cabin. No offense to our friends across the pond but I was certainly sick of soccer after both of those cruises.
Perhaps they'd have another source in the bar?

nycmode
October 24th, 2011, 11:42 AM
What channels does X have? I hope it is better than the on-board channels (or lack thereof) on NCL!

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 11:47 AM
PS - Isn't today the Silhouette is enroute to NJ??? YEA - hope she has a smooth TA crossing.
She actually started her trip to us on the 22nd. She has a couple of stops over there and then a six day TA sail from Portugal.

There is a post on the "Everything Silhouette (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31084077&postcount=2299)" thread from Rory Bolton who is the piano player on the ship. Derf posts entries from Rory's blog. It appears they are in Mallorca, Spain and then Lisbon, Portugal, then NJ.

Once she gets here, I understand there are 1 or 2 2-day trips to nowhere (my TA is actually on one of them), then the 1st 12 nighter, then us.

Greensgirl
October 24th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Patty - if I could lose weight when I'm stressed, I'd be soooo thin!! LOL Must be those damn hormones - when I was young I could eat anything and not gain an ounce. Now, water sticks to the hips!! LOL ;)

Welcome to Fred & Kathy - I think this is the largest CC group, I've ever sailed with!!

Kathy - what a terrible place to get stung (no place is a good place, but the mouth has to be awful). The bees seem to be out in force and love anything sweet - it draws them like a magnet. I think they're in the "end of life" phase and are aggressive!

Summer - hope you're feeling better and better!!

To everyone else - hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Marge

I think she was heading our way on Sat. the 22nd. Hope they have a wonderful sailing!

2SeaWithMe
October 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Happy Monday to all!

This is certainly a very chatty & sharing group. I really enjoy it. Even though so many of you previously knew each other, there was never a sense of a clique or did I ever feel unwelcome as a newcomer. Everyone is so nice and I really look forward to meeting you all!

A while back there was a thread on the main board about overly friendly, chatty roll calls and how many people didn't like them. I hope we're not annoying our other quiet roll call partners too badly. :)

Val, I think I lost your email address. I meant to mention that earlier. Sorry I haven't dropped you a note. I'm just being forgetful, not rude!

Howard, your countdown creativity is a nice pick-me-up!

As far as formal wear, DH owns a tux and he enjoys wearing it, so we'll most likely bring it as well. I found Celebrity's smart casual to be rather dressy vs. other cruise ships. Jeans are allowed and certainly there's no one making a big deal of anything that I've ever observed. I did (GASP!) sneak some sandals in a couple of nights when my feet were hurting

There was a pretty awesome sale this summer, so I actually bought Dewey a beige linen suit! I'm excited for him to break it out. Apparently I'm under the delusion that it's either 1940 or we live in S. America, but whatever, I thought it was cool. :) :)

Any of the seasoned Celebrity cruisers know if I have to re-make the restaurant reservations I made before I switched rooms? I made them through CC because we had a suite and they were complimentary. Were they automatically deleted? Maybe my multiple cabin jumps confused the system.

Also, anyone going to rent a cabana in Labadee? I was considering it.

myjillian
October 24th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Happy Monday to all!

This is certainly a very chatty & sharing group. I really enjoy it. Even though so many of you previously knew each other, there was never a sense of a clique or did I ever feel unwelcome as a newcomer. Everyone is so nice and I really look forward to meeting you all!

A while back there was a thread on the main board about overly friendly, chatty roll calls and how many people didn't like them. I hope we're not annoying our other quiet roll call partners too badly. :)

Val, I think I lost your email address. I meant to mention that earlier. Sorry I haven't dropped you a note. I'm just being forgetful, not rude!

As far as formal wear, DH owns a tux and he enjoys wearing it, so we'll most likely bring it as well. I found Celebrity's smart casual to be rather dressy vs. other cruise ships. Jeans are allowed and certainly there's no one making a big deal of anything that I've ever observed. I did (GASP!) sneak some sandals in a couple of nights when my feet were hurting

There was a pretty awesome sale this summer, so I actually bought Dewey a beige linen suit! I'm excited for him to break it out. Apparently I'm under the delusion that it's either 1940 or we live in S. America, but whatever, I thought it was cool. :) :)

Any of the seasoned Celebrity cruisers know if I have to re-make the restaurant reservations I made before I switched rooms? I made them through CC because we had a suite and they were complimentary. Were they automatically deleted? Maybe my multiple cabin jumps confused the system.

Let me know when Dewey is wearing his beige Linen suit because Richard just got a white linen suit we can meet for drinks or dinner together...Sometimes we buy things from the J. Peterman Company Owners Manual. I know he's planning on bringing his Panama hat he got in Panama. We love "playing dress up":) The suit sounds SO COOL !

myjillian
October 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Almost 40 years ago, I was a lineman for the local telephone company. Had to climb a pole on hooks one day that was covered with vines. About 2/3's of the way up the pole, my fellow workers yelled up to me that there were bees all around me. :eek: Must have hit their nest as I was climbing the pole! Lowered my self down pretty darn fast and the other guys started swatting the bees that were all over my cloths. Lucky me - not one sting! I've been stung many times over the years and not afraid of them, but that day I was very very lucky!

Never thought about Guest Relations having a BB. That's a good idea for the impromptu events. Like the "Free Salsa Dance Lessons" in myjillian's cabin! :rolleyes:
The " Free Salsa Dance Lessons " have been cancelled. Richard said the only dancing in the cabin will be the " horizontal mambo" and he doesn't give lessons :p

loosygoosy
October 24th, 2011, 01:57 PM

Where do you even see that this is an available option????

emcee207
October 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM
What channels does X have? I hope it is better than the on-board channels (or lack thereof) on NCL!

Can't give you specifics but not too many. But, who wants to watch TV anyways on a cruise?;)

Much rather be doing the "horizontal mambo" in our free time.:)

atog254
October 24th, 2011, 02:34 PM
The "Wild Turkeys" has reached 100 members on the Roll Call!

Congratulations to Caralee & Bill (clm3843) from Fresno, CA for joining us today!

Their 1st cruise & celebrating their 30th anniversary and Caralee's ## birthday!

Whoa - Whoa - Whoa !

nycmode
October 24th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Can't give you specifics but not too many. But, who wants to watch TV anyways on a cruise?;)

Much rather be doing the "horizontal mambo" in our free time.:)

lol very true. i did see they have a few channels like cnn, espn etc. that's enough to keep me around the suite for a few min :D

nycmode
October 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM
i also noticed on the website the 18th is pretty booked up. maybe everyone is in the mood for some turkey on the ship?

Cruisemate1974
October 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Happy Monday to all!

Summer,
No worries :) I sent you an email, so now you should have it. Just concentrate on getting better so we can party in only 25 days! :D

Did you look on your reservation on the celebrity web site? It should have your specialty dining reservations listed there. If they aren't, I'd give a ring just to make sure.

Hope by the time you get this post, you're home and relaxing!

Take care!
Val

DPNBP
October 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Welcome Aboard Caralee & Bill! What a wonderful ship you decided on for your 1st cruise! Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary!
Dianne

Congratulations to Caralee & Bill (clm3843) from Fresno, CA for joining us today!

Their 1st cruise & celebrating their 30th anniversary and Caralee's ## birthday!

Whoa - Whoa - Whoa !

brendanluc
October 24th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hello Everyone!

Very excited for our vacation. In fact I am already starting to think about what I am packing. Any idea how many formal nights there are going to be? I want to make sure our whole group knows ahead of time and can be prepared. I am coming with my dd, dw, dm, dd, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. 10 of us total so it should be lots of fun.

Brendan

brendanluc
October 24th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Also, I wanted to verify that we can bring 2 bottles of wine for the room per cabin. Still true?

Thanks
-Brendan

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hello again cruisers!
I've been absent for a few months mostly due to new projects at work. I'm back and trying to play catch up on the board. Needless to say, but I will, I NEED 12 nights of vacation with some nice people.

My wife (Annette aka Fish8993) put all our info on the big list. We still need to register for the Celebrity meet 'n mingle or whatchacallit. But I'll get on that.

I completed the online check-in last week. Luggage tags have arrived. Guest room has been designated packing central as we usually do. We're driving up from Virginia so we don't have to be as careful as when we fly to Florida.

We're excited to see our cruise friends Sue & Jim from Colo. again. And it will be nice to meet new friends from everywhere!

pamkev
October 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Whoa - Whoa - Whoa !

Great news and welcome Caralee&Bill we have friends from Fresno that will be flying in although they are coming in 3 weeks from today to stay with our other friends Pat&Rod before the cruise we will have to meet up and see if you live near each other or maybe on the same flight home

pamkev
October 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Happy Wedded Bliss Sue&Jim wishing you many more happy days.

Summer hope your getting to feel better

Kathy bees and tongue bites yuck

samkmm
October 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks Everyone! My tongue is much better today. Not swollen any longer can eat and talk.
Hopefully no one else will ever have that happen to them. NOT Fun!!

Welcome to all the newcomers. Its a nice group. We have had 125 on one cruise.(Steve made the name tags). Lets see how high we can go. We still have a few days yet!!

Beer and Sports sound good but aren't we going on a cruise to get away from SPORTS and TV!!! Notice I didn't include BEER!

Kathy:p

cubfan65
October 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hello again cruisers!
I've been absent for a few months mostly due to new projects at work. I'm back and trying to play catch up on the board. Needless to say, but I will, I NEED 12 nights of vacation with some nice people.

My wife (Annette aka Fish8993) put all our info on the big list. We still need to register for the Celebrity meet 'n mingle or whatchacallit. But I'll get on that.

I completed the online check-in last week. Luggage tags have arrived. Guest room has been designated packing central as we usually do. We're driving up from Virginia so we don't have to be as careful as when we fly to Florida.

We're excited to see our cruise friends Sue & Jim from Colo. again. And it will be nice to meet new friends from everywhere!

Will see you on I-95 fellow Virginian.

John

brightdays
October 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
We are Bob and Felice from Long Island and have just made our reservations on the Silhouette. The ease of no flying and the beautiful Solstice class has us sold. We have been on the Solstice and Eclipse before. We will meet you all at the Connection Party. There are 91 of us signed in thus far. Happy Sailing!

DPNBP
October 24th, 2011, 08:17 PM
WOW! Have we been busy with Newcomers Today! Welcome Aboard to all!
I tried to get all the names but I kept losing track. :confused: :eek:
Dianne

pamkev
October 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
We are Bob and Felice from Long Island and have just made our reservations on the Silhouette. The ease of no flying and the beautiful Solstice class has us sold. We have been on the Solstice and Eclipse before. We will meet you all at the Connection Party. There are 91 of us signed in thus far. Happy Sailing!

Welcome:)

beachbuddy
October 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Just wanted to stop by and welcome all the newcomers! Glad you all can join us. Won't be long now!

Patty

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers. This is becoming a large group but the more the merrier. Just a few short days from now we will all be on the beautiful Silhouette at the start of a wonderful cruise.

Host Corkey
October 24th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome to all the Newbies! can't wait to share all the fun of this cruise with all of you!

Caralee and Bill - yay! another couple from CA - we are about 2-1/2 hrs north of you but go to Fresno a couple of times a yr.

carol

Host Corkey
October 24th, 2011, 09:20 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
JIM & SUE!! Will help celebrate your anniversary while on board!!

ENJOY!!

lOVE YOU BOTH !
Carol & Narce

mjwcruising
October 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Happy Monday to all!

I totally agree!!:)

I cruised Celebrity a bunch of times but I don't know the answer. You can try calling Dining Requests: 1-800-242-6374 option 3

Whoa - Whoa - Whoa !

Welcome Caralee & Bill; this is a wonderful group of people to be cruising with.
We have another couple to do the anniversary toast!!:D

Beer and Sports sound good but aren't we going on a cruise to get away from SPORTS and TV!!! Notice I didn't include BEER!

We are hoping for lots of R & R on this cruise. I would enjoy watching Penn State football in the new and improved Michael's Club while having a few micro brews. :eek:

atog254
October 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Again welcome to Caralee & Bill!

I am sorry - I posted your member name incorrectly S/B CLM348

I see some other new names!

"For those that have not yet done so and for all those that are new to this thread, please join us in some of the fun that we have going on behind the scenes of this thread and the plans that we have when we get on the Silhouette.

You can find details for our Roll Call, Website and Photo Gallery at post number 4587 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30406229&postcount=4587) of this thread.

While you are at it, consider registering for the Celebrity Connections (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do) party that will be on the ship after we sail where we can all get together and meet. Stay tuned, as we get closer to the sailing. More details on some of the events on board will be coming soon.

If you are also interested, you can also get t-shirts and other items with a logo that was designed for our cruise. You can find the details
at post 4297 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30250555&postcount=4297) ."

Also, if you want to know more about the various events planned, you can find the details at post 5545 of this thread.

mjwcruising
October 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hello Everyone!

Very excited for our vacation. In fact I am already starting to think about what I am packing. Any idea how many formal nights there are going to be? I want to make sure our whole group knows ahead of time and can be prepared. I am coming with my dd, dw, dm, dd, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. 10 of us total so it should be lots of fun.

Brendan
There is supposed to be 3 formal nights for a 12 night cruise.
They most likely will be Sat. Nov. 19th, Thurs. Nov. 24th, and Mon. Nov. 28th.
I'm not sure if you are new to this roll call; there a sooooo many people, but if you are I would like to welcome you. This is a great group of people.

Welcome Bob and Felice, everyone here is looking forward to a great cruise.

RodPat
October 24th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Just want to say

Happy Anniversary Sue and Jim

Can't wait to see the two of you again.

Welcome all new cruisers. Gosh I went to AC today and when I came back we have so many new cruisers. This is a great group of people on this thread. Ask any questions you like, one of us should know the answer.

Yes you can still bring 2 bottles of wine onto the Celebrity ship.

Pat

hac82
October 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Okay everyone. If you have access to the gallery, there is another new photo out there.

Slessenb
October 24th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Hello again cruisers!

Jeff,

I think last year you and I were finishing up big IT projects just prior to our cruise!! Here we are again. I cannot wait as this one has made me want a 12 night B2B!.. :)

We are turning our quest room into packing central too.. Started Saturday and niow we are facing snow that will put me cruise mode for sure!

Looking forward to seeing you and Annette, too.

Jim sends a hello to you both! See you soon...

Slessenb
October 24th, 2011, 11:24 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
JIM & SUE!! Will help celebrate your anniversary while on board!!

ENJOY!!

lOVE YOU BOTH !
Carol & Narce

Thanks all for the good wishes! Howard, sorry we missed your call but were out to dinner and I turned the cell off! Had a nice dinner but are celebrating with all of you on the cruise! I am so excited!!!

Kim, you inspired me and I went shopping- still need a few more items!!!! Might leave Jim enough for a new pair of sneakers :)

Welcome to all the new Members!!! Wow a 100 for the party- FUN!!!

travelite
October 25th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Wow! I can't believe how many postings are on this roll call. It is over whelming. We are very quiet and usually sail on smaller ships with the exception of QM2. This roll call is quite a surprise. We did register for the CC meet & mingle and look forward to meeting everyone.
A few questions:
1. Does anyone know if the chemicals used in any of the Silhouette's pools fades colors? I had a swimsuit totally discolor from the pools on the Summit. There was a sign posted that gave warning of discoloration, but I was not prepared with an alternate swimsuit.
2. Is anyone looking for others to share private shore excursions or beach transportation?
3. Is anyone bringing snorkeling gear and interested in getting together for snorkeling?
4. Dress??? Formal is formal; that's easy and without question. What about the other nights? .....jackets; ties; semi-formal; casual.....???

hac82
October 25th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Okay, you know how it goes. Another day, another photo. Today we have headed back up to the lawn because after a great desert yesterday, it only make sense to relax with a friendly game of Bocci. It looks like the lawn is already to go too. I think it was real nice that they also left a message for us that we have only
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/24-2.jpg
days left until we get to see this great area of the Silhouette. For me that means only 17 more work days counting today. Some of you may have even less as you start to head towards Bayonne early.

myjillian
October 25th, 2011, 06:27 AM
[quote=travelite;31096074]Wow! I can't believe how many postings are on this roll call. It is over whelming. We are very quiet and usually sail on smaller ships with the exception of QM2. This roll call is quite a surprise. We did register for the CC meet & mingle and look forward to meeting everyone.
A few questions:
1. Does anyone know if the chemicals used in any of the Silhouette's pools fades colors? I had a swimsuit totally discolor from the pools on the Summit. There was a sign posted that gave warning of discoloration, but I was not prepared with an alternate swimsuit.
2. Is anyone looking for others to share private shore excursions or beach transportation?
3. Is anyone bringing snorkeling gear and interested in getting together for snorkeling?
4. Dress??? Formal is formal; that's easy and without question. What about the other nights? .....jackets; ties; semi-formal; casual.....???[/quoteWelcome to all of the new arrivals..you have won the lottery with the people on this cruise. We are a very loving group and have shared many wonderful, funny, sad and amazing stories.and we have room in our minds and hearts for you.
Within the next 10 minutes you are to send $10 to each person on the roll call and they inturn will give $10 to each 3rd person at the Connections party and they will give $10 to the person on their left . At this time the money will be divided at the Slots Pull and Steve will play the bundle on one number at the Wheel of Fortune. Then that will be applied to a down payment on a private Island off of Antigua . We will then get copies of our Owners' shares of this Island at the Farewell Luncheon.

and..now the answers to your questions
1. ?
2. yes
3. yes
4. clothing is optional.

pamkev
October 25th, 2011, 06:44 AM
[quote=travelite;31096074]Wow! I can't believe how many postings are on this roll call. It is over whelming. We are very quiet and usually sail on smaller ships with the exception of QM2. This roll call is quite a surprise. We did register for the CC meet & mingle and look forward to meeting everyone.
A few questions:
4. Dress??? Formal is formal; that's easy and without question. What about the other nights? .....jackets; ties; semi-formal; casual.....???[/quoteWelcome to all of the new arrivals..you have won the lottery with the people on this cruise. We are a very loving group and have shared many wonderful, funny, sad and amazing stories.and we have room in our minds and hearts for you.
Within the next 10 minutes you are to send $10 to each person on the roll call and they inturn will give $10 to each 3rd person at the Connections party and they will give $10 to the person on their left . At this time the money will be divided at the Slots Pull and Steve will play the bundle on one number at the Wheel of Fortune. Then that will be applied to a down payment on a private Island off of Antigua . We will then get copies of our Owners' shares of this Island at the Farewell Luncheon.

1. ?
2. yes
3. yes
4. clothing is optional.

Hey this sounds like a plan to me:D

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 06:56 AM
4. clothing is optional

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, NUDE CRUISE?? When did this change???;)

I"m in.:D

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 07:01 AM
A few questions:

1. ?
2. yes
3. yes
4. clothing is optional.

Hahahahahaha.......to funny!

Patty

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Okay everyone. If you have access to the gallery, there is another new photo out there.

LOL, Can't wait to meet "The Hot Head From Deleware"!!!!;)

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Wow! I can't believe how many postings are on this roll call. It is over whelming. We are very quiet and usually sail on smaller ships with the exception of QM2. This roll call is quite a surprise. We did register for the CC meet & mingle and look forward to meeting everyone.
A few questions:
4. Dress??? Formal is formal; that's easy and without question. What about the other nights? .....jackets; ties; semi-formal; casual.....???

Welcome to the thread.

1. Hope they don't discolor. I'm use to Explorer pools and they are salt water so no discoleration there. I'm not a fan of chlorine.
2. Already sharing with some people.
3. Yes....bringing it along.
4. Formal is formal, other nights, casual/smart casual & above....I think.....LOL This is our first Celebrity cruise but that's what it is in RCCL.

atog254
October 25th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Wow - we are now at 102 members!

Welcome to Michele & deAnne (MDV31616) from NC!

Sounds like we have "Newbies" from their questions to me. :confused:

Updated Roll Call will be sent out Sunday evening to all listed members.

Linda - Clothing optional is on Orient Beach, St. Martin and I was there last year. .................................................. .......However WITH! :rolleyes:

Was not thinking when I had Howard post my picture! That was a BAD HAIR day! :D

Que tengas un buen dia mi amingos!

mjwcruising
October 25th, 2011, 09:19 AM

The other nights are smart casual: In the warmer climate a woman might wear capris and a nice top/blouse, or a sun dress. Men usually wear docker type slacks and a polo shirt or short sleeve button down.

Here is what the Celebrity web site states:
Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.
Gentlemen: Pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.
Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Imagolfnut
October 25th, 2011, 10:24 AM
A few questions:

Welcome to all the newcomers! Wow, we're now over 100 for the CC party - that's terrific.

As to the above:
1. I've never had a problem with swimsuits discoloring on any ship. As far as I know, the only place that chlorine might be used would be in a spa pool or maybe the hot tubs?? But not sure!

2. We've already booked a few excursions via the ship, but may be looking at some private beaches elsewhere and would definitely consider sharing transportation if it happens we're going to the same place. Unfortunately, that's hard to plan ahead!

3. I am bringing snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins) but have booked a couple of snorkel excursions through the ship. However, if we go to beaches on our own, I will bring them with me as well.

4. Formal nights are self-explanatory; however, the other nights I'll be wearing slacks and nice tops. Probably the first night will remain in my jeans unless luggage arrives in cabins early enough to change.

Hope this helps!

OMG - the thought of "clothing is optional" was so funny. I'm afraid if I showed up nude, most of the passengers would be jumping overboard!!! :eek: My days of "perky" have "gone south!!"

Marge

samkmm
October 25th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the newbies!! I was wondering where on LI your from Bob & Felice? We are about 60 miles out of NYC.

Please no nudity not on the ship. Althought one of our first on RCCL there were a few with no tops at the pool. ORIENT beach is another story. What photo's we have too.

Luigi glad to see you around. Where's my drink?

Kathy:)

kimba1
October 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Oh my....I miss a few days and now this has turned to "clothing optional"....LOL! I'm with Marge - there'd be a bunch of jumpers so will keep on my suit and hope we don't see discoloration. I've never been on Celebrity but never had an issue on RCCL so hoping it's the same. Love that salt water in the pools too...helps you float better :-)

I'm spending a few days in Belgium. Just got here this morning and will be out of here on Friday morning. Didn't expect this in the middle of preparing for the cruise but....gotta do what the job requires. Good thing we got lots of painting done last weekend since my son will be home from Miami this upcoming weekend. I think we only have 3 weekends left - no? Gotta get my butt in gear!

kimba1
October 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Mary - Our deepest sympathies on the passing of your dad. I lost my grandmother suddenly at 88 2 years ago and realize that she didn't suffer and went quickly so it was probably best but...still such a shock even with an older person. I try to stay positive and relive all her happy memories and made an ornament with her photo on it that I keep on our end table so she is always with us!

Hope all goes well with the arrangements.

Kim & Alex

RodPat
October 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
No clothing optional for me or my friends please. I say this mostly because I don't look at myself naked and I love my friends too much to put them through that. Also because if one of my friends has a freckle on their butt, I will always be thinking about that even when I see them with clothes on.:D TMI for my mind to process.

Now to answer the question about bathing suits fading. I have never had my bathing suit fade on a cruise. Pools are filled from the ocean and the only place you might see chlorine is in the hot tubs. I stay out of those because they are a breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria. Water temps are never hot enough to kill any bacteria and also they usually full of children.

Pat

samkmm
October 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Hoping that there aren't to many children on this cruise. NOT that I don't love kids especially my grandkids but shouldn't they be in school?? I know its Thanksgiving and all but thats a lot of school to miss. Just my opinion! As my son says your a "Grouching old Mom!!"

loosygoosy
October 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
There should not be too many kids. Celebrity is not exactly marketed as a kid friendly cruise line. We did experience an abundance of "rug rats" (as DH likes to call them) on our Bermuda cruise at the end of August....but that was an exception to the usual rule on X.

jetsetdmw
October 25th, 2011, 02:31 PM
OMG - the thought of "clothing is optional" was so funny. I'm afraid if I showed up nude, most of the passengers would be jumping overboard!!! :eek: My days of "perky" have "gone south!!"

Marge

I literally choked on my coffee... TOO FUNNY!

2SeaWithMe
October 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome to all of the newcomers!

I think the other pool on summit (correct me if I'm wrong) is the Thallassotherapy mineral pool? It ruined one of my suits as well. I'm pretty sure the pools aren't treated but maybe saltwater. Not positive.

We still have spots for a few on the shuttle from the Springhill to the port and back again for anyone looking for a ride.

I got out of the hospital yesterday so I've been vegging all day today. Dewey didn't do ONE DARN DISH the entire week. I regret a little less all the online shopping I did while under the influence of hospital narcotics. :eek:

Ok, kidding.

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the newbies!! I was wondering where on LI your from Bob & Felice? We are about 60 miles out of NYC.

Please no nudity not on the ship. Althought one of our first on RCCL there were a few with no tops at the pool. ORIENT beach is another story. What photo's we have too.

Luigi glad to see you around. Where's my drink?

Kathy:)

I'll buy you a drink and Margo can buy Steve a drink and we can tell everyone that we "swapped":o LOL, Sorry all this clothing optional talk just gets me excited!!!:D

jetsetdmw
October 25th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Because of the long thxgiving weekend and parent teacher conferences, if you're leaving from NJ it's a lot less school than it'd normally be, so you may run into a few kids/rugrats. (LOL - Mr. Goosy)

I don't know who else on this thread is travelling with kids, however, rest assured that unless you are in the Fun Factory - which actually Celebrity really marketed well- you probably won't see him. :) He's already informed me that he has his on board itinerary pretty well planned out chock full of activities and tours around the ship. He agreed to grace us with his prescence on the first Formal Night so he can meet the Captain (before his tour of the Bridge) oh yeah, and dance with his Mommy. And yes, he too will be amongst the "handsomely dressed men" in his tuxedo. :D

Lucky for me -and you too- he popped out a "Jet Set" baby - travelling internationally more than domestically, he can hold his own amongst the best of us... But as we all know, good children come from good parenting. So lets hope that there are plenty of good parents on the ship, and let the kids enjoy their time off too.

atog254
October 25th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome to Michael & Elissa (MikeKl) from Yonkers, NY.

They are our 104 members and plan on attending all of our events!

Never had such a large group on the Roll Call before.

Just 1 problem. During the Sail Away, please don't all stand on the port side of the ship taking pictures of the lady at one time!

Oh, for the newbies to cruising Port = Left (4 letters) ;)

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Think I posted this before but on the Equinox there are 14 Bars so not hard to get a drink, LOL!;)

Not sure you'll be able to read this.

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Okay, looks like that worked so I'm also attaching the "Activities" lists for a sea day and a port day. Keep in mind this is from the Equinox last spring so probably a bit different for the Silhouette. But, gives you a taste.

emcee207
October 25th, 2011, 03:42 PM
LOL, let's try that again!

beachbuzzard
October 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hoping that there aren't to many children on this cruise. NOT that I don't love kids especially my grandkids but shouldn't they be in school?? I know its Thanksgiving and all but thats a lot of school to miss. Just my opinion! As my son says your a "Grouching old Mom!!"

It will definitely be very light on kids. When we took a similar time period over Thanksgiving in 2007 on Explorer of the Seas for 11 nights, I think the official count of kids on board was around 50 and I bet less than 30 were school aged. Almost all of the school aged were English - some of them would come scampering together down the Prominade from time to time to check on their folks that liked to hang out at the pub! I don't think there were more than a few American school aged kids on that cruise.

beachbuzzard
October 25th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Think I posted this before but on the Equinox there are 14 Bars so not hard to get a drink, LOL!;)

Not sure you'll be able to read this.

Quite honestly I've never been on a cruise ship where getting a drink is a challenge. And that is a good thing! Except for when we have that bill at the end. But this time - we have already paid - and that is a real good thing!! :D

kimba1
October 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Happy Anniversary Sue & Jim

myjillian
October 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Just 1 problem. During the Sail Away, please don't all stand on the port side of the ship taking pictures of the lady at one time!

who are the new people from NC and where are they from???? Inguiring minds want to know:cool:

travelite
October 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! Wow, we're now over 100 for the CC party - that's terrific.

As to the above:
1. I've never had a problem with swimsuits discoloring on any ship. As far as I know, the only place that chlorine might be used would be in a spa pool or maybe the hot tubs?? But not sure!

2. We've already booked a few excursions via the ship, but may be looking at some private beaches elsewhere and would definitely consider sharing transportation if it happens we're going to the same place. Unfortunately, that's hard to plan ahead!

3. I am bringing snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins) but have booked a couple of snorkel excursions through the ship. However, if we go to beaches on our own, I will bring them with me as well.

4. Formal nights are self-explanatory; however, the other nights I'll be wearing slacks and nice tops. Probably the first night will remain in my jeans unless luggage arrives in cabins early enough to change.

Hope this helps!

Marge

Jeans in the dining room for dinner? Is that permitted?

goodrichgirl
October 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Welcome to all new and old! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great 12 nights. It cannot come soon enough. 104 and counting!:)

atog254
October 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Welcome to yet another couple - Carl & Carol (red47) from Belle Vernon, PA :)

Waiting on some details before I can send out their confirmation copy of the Roll Call. Present members should notice all the yellow on the updated copy this week.

Only one suitcase left to apply my yellow vinyl circles to. Linda already has this one packed. Heck, I have 23 days for packing! :rolleyes:

fm519
October 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Wow, we've only been off this thread for about 48 hrs, and can't believe all the posts! First of all, thank you all for your warm welcomes. This sounds like a wonderful group and we can't wait to meet everyone. Howard ~ thanks so much for the info on the socials. We'll be sure to sign up. Some of you asked about Valley Church beach in Antigua. We've been researching, and while all the beaches are lovely, this one in particular sounded appealing to us.

What excursion do you all recommend in St Croix? That's the one island we're undecided on right now.

fm519
October 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ok, we're all signed up for the Connections Party. Do we know when it will be? There are now 149 signed up!!

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ok, we're all signed up for the Connections Party. Do we know when it will be? There are now 149 signed up!!

You should get an invitation in your cabin as to the day, time and place.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Welcome to all new and old! Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great 12 nights. It cannot come soon enough. 104 and counting!:)

104 what and counting??? Everyone here is 23 and counting.........LOL;)

Patty

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Wow...........149??? That's a lot of people!! LOL :eek:

Patty

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Quite honestly I've never been on a cruise ship where getting a drink is a challenge. :D

Hahahaha.......this is very true!!;)

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
4. clothing is optional

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, NUDE CRUISE?? When did this change???;)

I"m in.:D

It didn't!!!! So settle down.........LOL Believe me, you wouldn't want it to be! LOL

Patty

Greensgirl
October 25th, 2011, 08:13 PM

I think the other pool on summit (correct me if I'm wrong) is the Thallassotherapy mineral pool? It ruined one of my suits as well. I'm pretty sure the pools aren't treated but maybe saltwater. Not positive.

We still have spots for a few on the shuttle from the Springhill to the port and back again for anyone looking for a ride.

I got out of the hospital yesterday so I've been vegging all day today. Dewey didn't do ONE DARN DISH the entire week. I regret a little less all the online shopping I did while under the influence of hospital narcotics. :eek:

Ok, kidding.

Good to hear that you are home...take care and continure to get stronger so you are at your best for the cruise.

Mike loves the Thallassothearpy pools...one reason he is such a Summit and Infinity fan! I have to admit they are relaxing and we have had no problems with ruining our suits!

Welcome to all you new folks!! It's going to be a great group! .

Hope everyone is having a great week. We are expecting 6-8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow morning here in Denver. Back up to the mid 60's by the weekend. Thats Colorado for ya!

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Love that salt water in the pools too...helps you float better :-)

I'm spending a few days in Belgium. Just got here this morning and will be out of here on Friday morning. Didn't expect this in the middle of preparing for the cruise but....gotta do what the job requires.!

OMG, there are so many posts!!!!

Kim, sorry you had to go back to Belgium. Thought you weren't going to have to do that with your new position. Safe travels to you and hope the week goes by fast for you...........and for Alex! LOL;);)

Pat, I agree, I don't want to see any of you nude and like Marge said, people would jump overboard if I went au natural too.........LOL

Kathy, on our very first cruise with RCCL, there were some much older women on the deck above the pool who removed their tops and they were sitting right behind me and Tony. Well, this older gentlemen with a cane was walking by with his wife and we heard him say "oh great, just what I wanted to see after eating a big breakfast". We cracked up!! One of the cruise control guys finally came over and told them that they couldn't go topless on the ship.

You really see some sites on the ships.......Alex has a photo of some older man at the pool in his white jockeys and they're wet so you can just imagine........gross!:eek: LOL Guess he went in the pool with them..........LOL The picture is hysterical!! LOL

There's so many new people it's getting hard for me to keep track of everyone......LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Kathy, we have cruised a lot the end of November, sometimes beginning the weekend after Thanksgiving and there has never been a lot of kids on the ships and those crusies were on RCCL which would have more kids than Celebrity. Kids around here are only off Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving so not to many parents would take their kids out of school for a 12 nighter, 7 nighter maybe, but not 12, that's way to long.

We cruised a 9 nighter in June and there were lots of kids on the ship but honestly, none of them bothered us.

Patty

hac82
October 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM

Ok, kidding.
Glad to hear that you are home. Take care of yourself. There are many here, including the two of us, that are anxiously waiting to meet you.

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Good to hear that you are home...take care and continure to get stronger so you are at your best for the cruise.

Mike loves the Thallassothearpy pools...one reason he is such a Summit and Infinity fan! I have to admit they are relaxing and we have had no problems with ruining our suits!

Welcome to all you new folks!! It's going to be a great group! .

Hope everyone is having a great week. We are expecting 6-8 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow morning here in Denver. Back up to the mid 60's by the weekend. Thats Colorado for ya!

Becky,
I think your current weather is coming our way on Saturday! Can you keep it there please?? LOL

What exactly are those pools that your talking about. I've read about them on other threads but don't really know what they are.

Summer, glad your home and feeling better. Take care of yourself.

Patty

Craftdee2
October 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Just got back from a couple days in Lake Placid. They are getting snow Thursday! Got out of town just in time.

Have a sign by our hot tub...We don't skinny dip! We chunky dunk!
So if that isn't some visual, just kidding!

SO what was the final verdict in Blu concerning the dress code. I'm dazed & confused once more about the whole formal, no formal in Blu. Anyone?

Diane

2SeaWithMe
October 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Just got back from a couple days in Lake Placid. They are getting snow Thursday! Got out of town just in time.

Have a sign by our hot tub...We don't skinny dip! We chunky dunk!
So if that isn't some visual, just kidding!

Diane

OMG that's cute. LOL

I guess you could say that might happen at our house!

Happy to be home, everyone.

DPNBP
October 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear you're home, Summer! Take it easy and keep getting better.
Dianne

Ok, kidding.

samkmm
October 25th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone that is bringing kids on this cruise. I really don't mind them. We were on our family cruise RCCL. On the last night the kids came down the stairs to sing. Our grown children couldn't believe that there were 300 kids on a 9 day cruise. Let alone the end of Sept. Please accept my apology.

Summer so glad to hear that your home. Stay well please. As they say the check is in the mail!!!

Welcome to all the newcomers. In a few short weeks we'll finally all meet. Is it really 149!

Linda we were with you on that cruise. I don't remember all that many kids. It was the last week before school.

Becky please keep the snow out your way. They are talking about flurries. I'm not ready to that.

Luigi its a date!!!

samkmm
October 25th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Carol watching DWTS. I'll keep quiet promise.

Kathy:D

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM

heeheehee, I'm watching too! ;) shhhhhh.............:D

Patty

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 25th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Check this off my to-do list. There are now 151 registered. wOOt!

hac82
October 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Check this off my to-do list. There are now 151 registered. wOOt!
I hope that everyone that signed up comes to the party. It should be quite a gathering if we do.

beachbuddy
October 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I hope that everyone that signed up comes to the party. It should be quite a gathering if we do.

LOL.......hope they have a room big enough!! LOL

Patty

RodPat
October 25th, 2011, 10:23 PM
LOL.......hope they have a room big enough!! LOL

Patty

Patty, With a group this size they can hold it in the Sky Observation Lounge with plenty of room to spare. It depends what they have going on to where they will hold this. It will probably be our first sea day at about 10 or 10:30 am. Coffee and pastries. Doesn't ever last long so if the sun is out you can be by the pool in a short time after. Celebrity doesn't give out prizes like Royal so it is a few welcome speeches and then goodbye. Sometimes there is a photographer, sometimes none will show up.

Pat

mjwcruising
October 25th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Patty, With a group this size they can hold it in the Sky Observation Lounge with plenty of room to spare. It depends what they have going on to where they will hold this. It will probably be our first sea day at about 10 or 10:30 am. Coffee and pastries. Doesn't ever last long so if the sun is out you can be by the pool in a short time after. Celebrity doesn't give out prizes like Royal so it is a few welcome speeches and then goodbye. Sometimes there is a photographer, sometimes none will show up.

Pat

With a group like we have and if everyone is as chatty as we are on the roll call the Connections party may last alot longer than normal.:D

Host Corkey
October 25th, 2011, 11:32 PM

my turn in 30 min - I am looking forward to seeing Martina McBride - I like her - anyone can go home tonight, Chaz, Hope, Nancy, Rob--- loved Carson yesterday.

I didn't really hear what Max told the judges but he did that to Carrie Ann last yr too -

I need to start packing for this cruise - getting sooo excited!!

carol

pamkev
October 26th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Wow, we've only been off this thread for about 48 hrs, and can't believe all the posts! First of all, thank you all for your warm welcomes. This sounds like a wonderful group and we can't wait to meet everyone. Howard ~ thanks so much for the info on the socials. We'll be sure to sign up. Some of you asked about Valley Church beach in Antigua. We've been researching, and while all the beaches are lovely, this one in particular sounded appealing to us.

What excursion do you all recommend in St Croix? That's the one island we're undecided on right now.

I have no idea what I'm doing in St Croix think just gonna get off the ship and see if there is a taxi to take us on a tour or just walk around

myjillian
October 26th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Jeans in the dining room for dinner? Is that permitted?
On the first nite people tend to wear what they traveled in if their luggage hasn't been put in their room yet, because of that you might see someone in jeans;)

hac82
October 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Today we are in the gym. Not usually a place that anyone wants to go to on a cruise, but depending on how many of those deserts you have, you might want to at least look at the place. After all, the message for us today is not the number of miles we need to do on the equipment, but instead it is that we only have
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/23-1.jpg
days left to go.

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Any idea how many days before we cruise? ;)

As a retired Head Chaperone for the local H.S. Marching band with over 220 band members, as a previous Scout Master, and Cub Scout leader - kids don't bother me. But it is nice to do without their problems. One a cruise ship of this size we rarely notices children on board.:p

Wake up Howard! LOL :D

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Was I typing too loud and woke you up? :D

Looking good my friend!

bagsybarlow
October 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Just to wish all those under the weather a speedy recovery.
Belated anniversary wishes
Love reading your news and plans for the cruise
We both love dressing up for dinner and were disappointed to see some in Blu
not repecting the dress code. Thankfully they were only a minority
All of you stay safe and well so you don't miss the cruise.
We are dressing up, with Tom wearing his tux for the wedding vows renewal service. I don't think anyone here will recognise him and query if I am really renewing my vows to the right man. I don't think our grandchildren have ever seen their grandad in a suit
Howard's countdown is great and very useful because we are using it as our countdown. Thanks Howard - only wish we could be with you all
Betty

hac82
October 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM
We are dressing up, with Tom wearing his tux for the wedding vows renewal service. I don't think anyone here will recognise him and query if I am really renewing my vows to the right man. I don't think our grandchildren have ever seen their grandad in a suit
Howard's countdown is great and very useful because we are using it as our countdown. Thanks Howard - only wish we could be with you all
Betty
I am glad that you are enjoying the countdown, but I also wish that you could be with us too.

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Betty

Betty, I wish you and Tom could have been with us too. I was looking forward to meeting you. I think you've been on this thread pretty much from the beginning.

Patty

RodPat
October 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Betty

Betty, I too will miss you. Glad you can have some fun by coming over here. I agree about not dressing up in Blu. Rod is upset about not having to wear his tux and just might bring it anyway. He keeps saying that it says smart casual and above. He says his tux is above. We will see what he will bring. I am still getting dressed up.

Pat

loosygoosy
October 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM

Pat

Brrrr... it may be just a little chilly at the pool on November 19th as we won't be too far south yet but since we are hearty stock from the Great White North I am sure we'll give it a try.

BTW if anyone is interested in doing a little "topless" sunbathing - X does have a spot on each ship at the bow one flight up from the upper pool deck!

hac82
October 26th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Brrrr... it may be just a little chilly at the pool on November 19th as we won't be too far south yet but since we are hearty stock from the Great White North I am sure we'll give it a try.

BTW if anyone is interested in doing a little "topless" sunbathing - X does have a spot on each ship at the bow one flight up from the upper pool deck!
I believe the Solarium pool is covered so the coolness of the outside air might not be an issue.

pamkev
October 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Betty, I too will miss you. Glad you can have some fun by coming over here. I agree about not dressing up in Blu. Rod is upset about not having to wear his tux and just might bring it anyway. He keeps saying that it says smart casual and above. He says his tux is above. We will see what he will bring. I am still getting dressed up.

Pat

Hey tell him to wear his tux he is so good looking in it:)

Pam

caribbean1004
October 26th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Pat

Although I really admire when people get really dressed up, we personally prefer not to wear a tux/gown. but we will definitely be wearing a suit and dress on formal nights, even if formal wear doesn't apply to Blu. However, now that jeans are allowed in smart casual (vs my Celebrity cruise last year), we will take the opportunity, on a few other days, to wear nice jeans with a nice top for me and a polo shirt for my husband.

caribbean1004
October 26th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Regarding St Croix, we will be taking a taxi to Cane Bay Beach - heard they have really great snorkeling. Taxi costs seem to be about $17, one way, for 2 people.

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Although I really admire when people get really dressed up, we personally prefer not to wear a tux/gown. but we will definitely be wearing a suit and dress on formal nights, even if formal wear doesn't apply to Blu. However, now that jeans are allowed in smart casual (vs my Celebrity cruise last year), we will take the opportunity, on a few other days, to wear nice jeans with a nice top for me and a polo shirt for my husband.

I missed that jeans are smart casual now?? I know someone talked about them being allowed first night (that is customary) because of luggage possibly not being delivered to cabin yet, but I didn't think it was ok the rest of the cruise. Anyone??

Alex

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM
On St. Croix we're taking a half-day boat ride / snorkel trip to Buck Island with Big Beard's (http://bigbeards.com/). We are done with ship sponsored boat excursions. WAY too crowded.

Alex

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I believe the Solarium pool is covered so the coolness of the outside air might not be an issue.

I dunno. I NEVER sat in the Solarium on RCCL - and if similar on Celebrity I won't be on these ships either - I don't care how cold it is out. Just too many people sleeping and snoring and silent. Not my speed at all... but to each their own!!

Alex

kfrey68
October 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Because of the long thxgiving weekend and parent teacher conferences, if you're leaving from NJ it's a lot less school than it'd normally be, so you may run into a few kids/rugrats. (LOL - Mr. Goosy)

I don't know who else on this thread is travelling with kids, however, rest assured that unless you are in the Fun Factory - which actually Celebrity really marketed well- you probably won't see him. :) He's already informed me that he has his on board itinerary pretty well planned out chock full of activities and tours around the ship. He agreed to grace us with his prescence on the first Formal Night so he can meet the Captain (before his tour of the Bridge) oh yeah, and dance with his Mommy. And yes, he too will be amongst the "handsomely dressed men" in his tuxedo. :D

Lucky for me -and you too- he popped out a "Jet Set" baby - travelling internationally more than domestically, he can hold his own amongst the best of us... But as we all know, good children come from good parenting. So lets hope that there are plenty of good parents on the ship, and let the kids enjoy their time off too.

We have a 9 year old and because of the timing of this cruise he will miss only 3 full days and 3 half days. He too will be spending quite a bit of time in the Fun Factory as he realy enjoyed it last year on the Mercury. I agree with the parenting comment as we have worked hard on manners and have received compliments on behavior in the dining room and from other stff on the cruises we have taken. The hardest issue is when our son is using good manners and you see other children who are not and do not get corrected but atleast we have the satisfaction of seeing and hearing the nice comments.

caribbean1004
October 26th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I missed that jeans are smart casual now?? I know someone talked about them being allowed first night (that is customary) because of luggage possibly not being delivered to cabin yet, but I didn't think it was ok the rest of the cruise. Anyone??

Alex

Hi Alex,

On the Celebrity website, it says that pants/trousers are okay. And then in the 'not allowed' section, jeans are not listed. I read some chatter on the main celebrity boards about jeans being allowed in smart casual now. however, with that being said, that doesn't meant i'm right, and definitely welcome any news to the contrary. I'd rather know in advance than get disappointing glares for wearing jeans! lol Thanks!!

Amy

(both links say pretty much the same thing)
Proper Dining Attire (http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining&tab=onboard_proper_dining_attire_tab%2Fonboard%2Ft extPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_proper_dining_att ire) - see "Evening Dress Code"
Onboard Dress (http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers)- see "Smart Casual and Above" section towards the bottom

(http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers)
Ladies: Skirt or pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.
Gentlemen: Pants/trousers (no holes, rips or tears) with collared sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.
Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

nycmode
October 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
23 days, we are getting really excited, whoo hoo!

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 11:12 AM
We have a 9 year old and because of the timing of this cruise he will miss only 3 full days and 3 half days. He too will be spending quite a bit of time in the Fun Factory as he realy enjoyed it last year on the Mercury. I agree with the parenting comment as we have worked hard on manners and have received compliments on behavior in the dining room and from other stff on the cruises we have taken. The hardest issue is when our son is using good manners and you see other children who are not and do not get corrected but atleast we have the satisfaction of seeing and hearing the nice comments.

You're right, it's a great feeling knowing that you're doing the right thing, and that others around you appreciate it! Our son is 7, I'm sure that the boys will have a blast together and with the others. :)

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM

HAHAHA - Who are the people that wear robes to dinner? It's funny in a sad way that that even has to be posted. I remember our very first cruise, when I was a kid, my mom's friend couldn't zip her dress by the last formal night, but she was determined to wear it, so she wore her husband's jacket draped over her shoulders... Because she was "chilly"...

LOL - BTW - we were coming back from Bermuda to NYC on X (before it was officially Celebrity) in AUGUST. It wasn't chilly. She still has yet to live that one down and it's been over 20 years... But in her defense we all "rolled" off the boat... Hopefully our clothes still fit well by the end of this cruise... But if we have to resort to other options... we'll be sure to keep our Formal Robewear just for our in cabin dining. :) Or we may have to rally for a toga party! Good thing about Togas... one size fits all!

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Jeans are allowed every evening but formal night. Formal nights require a minimum of a Jacket for men. (in the MDR)

Blu on Eclipse last year went by the MDR standards, but it very well may have been revised. Since it's marketed as a spa class, it would make sense to me that they want to accommodate/attract a cruiser who wishes to be more relaxed.

That being said, DH will be wearing a tux, I probably will not wear a gown. Probably a cocktail dress or about the same.

I like dressing up for formal nights, I do not like STAYING dressed up for formal nights. lol

Someone asked about the Solarium, it's covered and I 'think' the pool is heated. It's a nice room and the temperature always seemed nice. Mercury had a covered one as well but it was super crowded. And a little weird as the pizza/pasta was pushed back there as well. The room smelled like humid spaghetti.

I think I totally neglected to answer someone ( I have a bad habit of just kind of reading down the line of comments and not really looking at screennames) about Barefoot Beach in Labadee...Apparently RCCL has an all suite access beach there, but you can also rent a cabana for the day there with an attendant. Celebrity hasn't been going to that island until more recently, so there's not really anyone who can say for sure that the rules work the same. If you talk to someone at Celebrity, they quote RCCL's rules to you so no one seems very confident of a firm answer. I think we're going to see if we can rent one. They are a little pricey but we're not really doing any excursions and they seem very cool and relaxing. There are some that are on stilts overtop of the water.

There's a thread on the main board about them right now.

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 12:06 PM
If we had kids I'd totally pull them out of school for vacation. I'd probably be one of those nutty homeschooling parents, however.

My future possible children will be obviously way too gifted for public school, lol. (sarcasm) :p

bobby1119
October 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Greetings.

Just booked last minute for November 18-30. Is someone here gathering the names of CC members for a list or roster?

This will be my second X cruise. Enjoyed Summit last summer very much.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding my question.

Bobby1119
NJ

travelite
October 26th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Greetings.

Just booked last minute for November 18-30. Is someone here gathering the names of CC members for a list or roster?

Bobby1119
NJ

Did you sail on QM2 last Dec., r/t Brooklyn?

bobby1119
October 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Did you sail on QM2 last Dec., r/t Brooklyn?

Yes.
November 27 - December 8

travelite
October 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Kathy, we have cruised a lot the end of November, sometimes beginning the weekend after Thanksgiving and there has never been a lot of kids on the ships and those crusies were on RCCL which would have more kids than Celebrity. Kids around here are only off Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving so not to many parents would take their kids out of school for a 12 nighter, 7 nighter maybe, but not 12, that's way to long.

We cruised a 9 nighter in June and there were lots of kids on the ship but honestly, none of them bothered us.

Patty

Patty, Just read your reply on "everything Silhouette." I hold to the rule of disclosing no personal info on CC board. Send me an email with - Nov. 18 Celebrity - as subject (bachen5@gmail.com) Looking forward to meeting you.

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Greetings.

Bobby1119
NJ

Hi! Welcome! Steve is doing a spreadsheet with a list of some planned activities. Howard designed a website and we have a "photo gallery" for those of us who wanted to take part in that. I'll see if I can find the posts for you.

There are also a bunch of us staying beforehand in the Springhill in Newark and taking a bus together to and from the port.

RodPat
October 26th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hey tell him to wear his tux he is so good looking in it:)

Pam

He feels he has been losing weight so that he can get into it again. So far he has lost 15 lbs and it fits now again. I told him to wear what makes him happy as this is his vacation. I happen to think he looks very handsome in it also.:)

Pat

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM

You can find details for our Roll Call, Website and Photo Gallery at post number 4587 of this thread.

While you are at it, consider registering for the Celebrity Connections party that will be on the ship after we sail where we can all get together and meet. Stay tuned, as we get closer to the sailing. More details on some of the events on board will be coming soon.

If you are also interested, you can also get t-shirts and other items with a logo that was designed for our cruise. You can find the details
at post 4297 ."

Also, if you want to know more about the various events planned, you can find the details at post 5545 of this thread.

I have a feeling the hyperlinks won't C & P...ooops, sorry, they did not. I C & P'd one of Steve (atog's) posts. I'm sure he will be along soon. I think he has one of those horrible things called a day job.

bobby1119
October 26th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Hi! Welcome! Steve is doing a spreadsheet with a list of some planned activities. Howard designed a website and we have a "photo gallery" for those of us who wanted to take part in that. I'll see if I can find the posts for you.

There are also a bunch of us staying beforehand in the Springhill in Newark and taking a bus together to and from the port.

Thank you for the information regarding the roll calls.

travelite
October 26th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yes.
November 27 - December 8

We met up in Winter Garden (Meet & Greet) with "Jimsgirl" -- we were on the perimeter
Recently were on the QM2 - Oct. 5 sailed through the force 11 storm and had a fire on deck 12 in one of the gas turbine engines.
Looking forward to seeing you on this cruise.
bachen5@gmail.com

nycmode
October 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'm still in the midst of finding shore excursions. Question I had was about San Juan.

I'm debating taking the bus tour of Old/New San Juan vs the walking tour of Old San Juan vs just striking it out on our own.

Any thoughts/tips on those ideas? I think also, is the San Juan port day a later one? (2pm to 10pm)?

emcee207
October 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM
... we'll be sure to keep our Formal Robewear just for our in cabin dining. :) Or we may have to rally for a toga party! Good thing about Togas... one size fits all![/quote]

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Count us in................oh he__, just count us in on anything!!

I will not do the lunch in the MDR though............just doesn't seem.......prudent!:rolleyes:

bobby1119
October 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
We met up in Winter Garden (Meet & Greet) with "Jimsgirl" -- we were on the perimeter
Recently were on the QM2 - Oct. 5 sailed through the force 11 storm and had a fire on deck 12 in one of the gas turbine engines.
Looking forward to seeing you on this cruise.
bachen5@gmail.com

Looking forward to seeing you again too and hearing about that storm first hand. Reports about the storm were quite exiting.

I am on QM2 for a January crossing, returning on Queen Elizabeth. Could be quite wild.

See you soon.

Bobby

emcee207
October 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM
[quote=bobby1119;31113384]Greetings.

LOL, Bobby, I had to laugh when I read your question. Are you kidding? Wait until you read some of the posts here.

This is an information gathering machine here!!! Steve aka atog aka the mad hot head pepper guy from Deleware knows my hat size and the name of my first dog!

All good fun and you stumbled onto some fun here. Watch out for Patty from NJ though..................:D

And you need to purchase a Premium Bev Package to continue posting here!

Summer, don't talk to me about home schooling........my ex did that one year with my oldest, what a disaster and that is one reason she IS my ex:rolleyes:

Luigi and Princess Di

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
This is an information gathering machine here!!! Steve aka atog aka the mad hot head pepper guy from Deleware knows my hat size and the name of my first dog!

I just checked the spreadsheet for your shoe size and mother's maiden name. I am now complete!! ;)

Alex

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Jeans are allowed every evening but formal night. Formal nights require a minimum of a Jacket for men. (in the MDR)

Wow. Very surprising - the dress codes continue to slowly slip. Soon formal night will be slacks and a shirt with a collar, all other nights will be shorts or bathing suits and tee shirts!! LOL!!!

I'll pass on wearing jeans to the MDR, thank you very much....

Alex

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 01:33 PM
[quote=bobby1119;31113384]

Summer, don't talk to me about home schooling........my ex did that one year with my oldest, what a disaster and that is one reason she IS my ex:rolleyes:

Luigi and Princess Di

LOL! There's a lot of debate...I have friends who won't even use the term. Their kids aren't allowed to say it. They say "educated privately" or "educated in the home".

I'm going to TRY to do something productive today. So far I've only succeeded in greeting the FedEx guy in my pjs. :eek:

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 01:34 PM
"formal robewear" is an option, lol.

You can really dress the terry ones up with the correct jewelry.

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
[quote=bobby1119;31113384]

AGREED! But, PBP users MUST make proper use of their packages... Still cant figure out how some people came back on other boards saying they didn't drink enough to cover the price... Why buy it then?

Hey- they don't call us Wild Turkeys for nothing! :D

RE: TOGA TOGA TOGA - That's the spirit!! ;)

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM
"formal robewear" is an option, lol.

You can really dress the terry ones up with the correct jewelry.

*cracking up* Terrycloth & Tiaras!!

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 01:55 PM
[quote=emcee207;31114322]

I'm going to TRY to do something productive today. So far I've only succeeded in greeting the FedEx guy in my pjs. :eek:

HAHA - That sounds like my morning! I think I scarred the Sprinkler Guy for life... I thought my husband forgot his keys. HAHAHAAAAAA... Somewhere in Ocean County some guy is in the fetal position pulling his eyes out. :D

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 02:01 PM

If you are also interested, you can also get t-shirts and other items with a logo that was designed for our cruise. You can find the details at post 4297 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30250555&postcount=4297)."

Better than a Day Job - I'm retired! Got tired of being the guy wearing a Black Hat aka "The bad guy!" So I am now taking everyone's information for future use. :rolleyes: I WAS a tax auditor! :eek: What happens on a cruise - stays on a cruise!

Any other questions - atog254 at comcast dot net

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
You really see some sites on the ships.......Alex has a photo of some older man at the pool in his white jockeys and they're wet so you can just imagine........gross!:eek: LOL Guess he went in the pool with them..........LOL The picture is hysterical!! LOL

Patty,

You just KNEW I had to go find that picture, don't you?? The story was that we saw this guy come to the pool and start undressing - down to his tighty-whities. We didn't know what in the world he was up to. So he proceeded to go into the pool with just that on!! No bathing suit, just his undies!! He comes out and goes into the shower, then out to put his clothes back on. The pic I took was of him just putting his t-shirt back on. I think he then wrapped in a towel and walked off. LOL, I swear, I couldn't believe he was out there like this. The one good thing was it was late in the afternoon so the pool wasn't too busy - otherwise kids would have been scrambling!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Just so I don't offend anyone, I am not showing the picture here but rather through a link. It isn't THAT bad, but just to be safe if you don't care to see an old man's butt in wet undies. But it is funny... CLICK HERE (http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/beachbuzzard/OldManCruise.jpg)

Alex

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
patty,

just so i don't offend anyone, i am not showing the picture here but rather through a link. It isn't that bad, but just to be safe if you don't care to see an old man's butt in wet undies. But it is funny... click here (http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/beachbuzzard/oldmancruise.jpg)

alex

best.post.ever!!!

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
[quote=emcee207;31114322]

AGREED! But, PBP users MUST make proper use of their packages... Still cant figure out how some people came back on other boards saying they didn't drink enough to cover the price... Why buy it then?

Hey- they don't call us Wild Turkeys for nothing! :D

RE: TOGA TOGA TOGA - That's the spirit!! ;)

We have not purchased a bev. package. Mike and I usually have a pre dinner cocktail on our veranda each eve and wine with our dinner. We don't drink soda (even when we are home) but may purchase a bucket of beer to enjoy while lounging around the pool. We just don't drink enough to justify so we buy as we go. I think the bigest bar bill we ever had (when we weren't sailing with our kids LOL) was a few years ago when our table mates were a couple from Ireland and a couple from Scottland. The guys loved beer and Mike had a great time drinking with them. He could never keep up with them as they were constantly saying "we need another pint!!" The ladies liked to drink too so I found my self drinking a bit more than my norm...we were the last group to leave the Reflections lounge every eve. The extra $'s on the bar tap was fine but the extra 5 lbs...not so much!:rolleyes:

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Can't unsee

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
“Wild Turkeys” Events

Welcome to new members and hello to those that have not been on the thread for awhile!

For those that asked about the various events, I will again attempt to explain.

Sail Away Party: Following the Muster Drill, the “Wild Turkeys” will meet at a predetermined location (Good Weather: Sunset Bar Bad weather: Sky Observation Lounge) to say Hello, Hola, Dia duit, Ciao, Bonjour, good day mate, etc ... to each other.

Connections: Cruise Critic party which we have registered for and also will be at a predetermined time & location, usually first full day at sea. You should receive an invitation from CC in your cabin.

“The Challenge” prize will be presented at the CC Connections party! You must be listed on the Roll Call to receive the details regarding “The Challenge”!

Slot Pull: Our group the ”Wild Turkeys” will meet in the casino (2nd or 3rd at sea day returning to Bayonne). Each person pays $$ and pulls the slot machine an assigned number of pulls with the final winnings divided among the group players.

Farewell luncheon: Usually the last day on board, the group will meet for lunch in the Main dinning room at a reserved area to exchange tall tales, addresses & phone numbers, etc. and look at the many photos taken during the cruise.

Other Parties & Events not yet listed: Will be posted on a “Wild Turkeys” BB at Guest Relations on deck 3.

Purpose of all events: - to have fun and to meet and mingle with new friends!

If I have described any of above incorrectly or left something out, please advise accordingly.

Steve

beachbuzzard
October 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM
We have not purchased a bev. package. Mike and I usually have a pre dinner cocktail on our veranda each eve and wine with our dinner. We don't drink soda (even when we are home) but may purchase a bucket of beer to enjoy while lounging around the pool. We just don't drink enough to justify so we buy as we go. I think the bigest bar bill we ever had (when we weren't sailing with our kids LOL) was a few years ago when our table mates were a couple from Ireland and a couple from Scottland. The guys loved beer and Mike had a great time drinking with them. He could never keep up with them as they were constantly saying "we need another pint!!" The ladies liked to drink too so I found my self drinking a bit more than my norm...we were the last group to leave the Reflections lounge every eve. The extra $'s on the bar tap was fine but the extra 5 lbs...not so much!:rolleyes:

LOL, we DO drink enough but just went with the classic package over the premium (I can live fine on Corona at the pool and Heineken in the evening). We bought before they raised the price too so we're pretty sure (no, strike that, we KNOW) we will get our money's worth!!

And just to try to fight off the effects of all that beer on my waistline, you will see me out on the track many mornings running it off. And Kim will probably walk if her foot is ok. Anyone else is free to join us!!

Alex

jetsetdmw
October 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
[quote=jetsetdmw;31114656]

LOL is there a way to keep the extra lbs off? I keep trying to make myself feel better by referring to them as souvenirs, but somehow that had lost its charm. Haha!

I agree with you, if your usual um, consumption doesn't make it at least a wash, don't buy the pkg. I just didn't understand the people that did, and then were upset that it was more than they would normally spend. But then again, it doesnt seem like anyone else has nearly the amount of resources we have on this thread. You guys answer the questions faster than we can think of them. It's all covered here! :) All that's left is for me to figure out how to lose a lb a day until we sail! You know, to make room for new "souvenirs"...

Imagolfnut
October 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Regarding St Croix, we will be taking a taxi to Cane Bay Beach - heard they have really great snorkeling. Taxi costs seem to be about $17, one way, for 2 people.

That sounds great - we don't have anything planned for St. Croix and I love to snorkel so this may be the thing to do!! I keep telling everyone here I'm having Thanksgiving dinner in St. Croix - they're so envious!

Just finished ironing about 99% of things to bring - still too much!! ;) Have pretty much decided that there's nothing wrong with wearing something twice (unless it really gets mucked up) - that will cut down some. It's my feeling that if anybody is counting how many times we wear an outfit, they're not having a very great cruise!! ;) I like the toga toga toga idea!! We could just whip the sheets off the beds and we're all set!

The picture of the old guy in his undies is too much! What was he thinking (guess he wasn't!) :eek:

Was wondering today if the news will carry the Silhouette's sail into Bayonne!!!! We'll have to keep a watchful eye.
Marge

myjillian
October 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Richard and I don't drink alot either. We may have a specialty drink on certain lines...on Princess we like a Dirty Banana and on Celebrity I think it's a giant elegent looking martini ( can't think of the name now) I can't seem to dance when I drink and we love to dance.:p

myjillian
October 26th, 2011, 03:36 PM
That sounds great - we don't have anything planned for St. Croix and I love to snorkel so this may be the thing to do!! I keep telling everyone here I'm having Thanksgiving dinner in St. Croix - they're so envious!

Just finished ironing about 99% of things to bring - still too much!! ;) Have pretty much decided that there's nothing wrong with wearing something twice (unless it really gets mucked up) - that will cut down some. It's my feeling that if anybody is counting how many times we wear an outfit, they're not having a very great cruise!! ;) I like the toga toga toga idea!! We could just whip the sheets off the beds and we're all set!

Was wondering today if the news will carry the Silhouette's sail into Bayonne!!!! We'll have to keep a watchful eye.
Marge
If you love togas you have to cruise Costa Lines. There is a sheet on your bed with instructions on how to wear it and on the last nite of the cruise everyone wears a "toga" to dinner and from then on to the show etc. When I say everyone ..it's 95 % of the passengers and if you don't have one on it's your loss and you do stand out.:rolleyes: I don't like the way the last show is ..it's the passenger talent show and the stage is set like a Roman banguet and the activity people are all in togas and robes and if they don't like the "talent" a big lion comes out and drags the person off the stage. It makes for an entertaining evening but I would never want to be in the "talents" place. It's all in good fun but I always hope that the "talent" knows about the lion ahead of time so they won't be embarassed !

Imagolfnut
October 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM
If you love togas you have to cruise Costa Lines. There is a sheet on your bed with instructions on how to wear it and on the last nite of the cruise everyone wears a "toga" to dinner and from then on to the show etc. When I say everyone ..it's 95 % of the passengers and if you don't have one on it's your loss and you do stand out.:rolleyes: I don't like the way the last show is ..it's the passenger talent show and the stage is set like a Roman banguet and the activity people are all in togas and robes and if they don't like the "talent" a big lion comes out and drags the person off the stage. It makes for an entertaining evening but I would never want to be in the "talents" place. It's all in good fun but I always hope that the "talent" knows about the lion ahead of time so they won't be embarassed !

That sounds like it would be a blast!!

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
[quote=Greensgirl;31115095]

LOL is there a way to keep the extra lbs off? I keep trying to make myself feel better by referring to them as souvenirs, but somehow that had lost its charm. Haha!

I agree with you, if your usual um, consumption doesn't make it at least a wash, don't buy the pkg. I just didn't understand the people that did, and then were upset that it was more than they would normally spend. But then again, it doesnt seem like anyone else has nearly the amount of resources we have on this thread. You guys answer the questions faster than we can think of them. It's all covered here! :) All that's left is for me to figure out how to lose a lb a day until we sail! You know, to make room for new "souvenirs"...

Great idea...if I coould lose a few lbs before we leave then I could bring home some of those souvenirs too;)! Can't wait!!

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Alex,

On the Celebrity website, it says that pants/trousers are okay. And then in the 'not allowed' section, jeans are not listed. I read some chatter on the main celebrity boards about jeans being allowed in smart casual now. however, with that being said, that doesn't meant i'm right, and definitely welcome any news to the contrary. I'd rather know in advance than get disappointing glares for wearing jeans! lol Thanks!!

Amy

(both links say pretty much the same thing)
Proper Dining Attire (http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining&tab=onboard_proper_dining_attire_tab%2Fonboard%2Ft extPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_proper_dining_att ire) - see "Evening Dress Code"
Onboard Dress (http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers)- see "Smart Casual and Above" section towards the bottom

(http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&pagename=faq_answers)

I think the (no holes, rips or tears) says it all. When was the last time you saw anyone wearing jeans without a hole or tear?? :D

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Today we are in the gym. Not usually a place that anyone wants to go to on a cruise, but depending on how many of those deserts you have, you might want to at least look at the place. After all, the message for us today is not the number of miles we need to do on the equipment, but instead it is that we only have
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/23-1.jpg
days left to go.

Only 23 days to shed a few pounds so I can put them back on during the cruise!!

jwb3843
October 26th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Can't unsee
My absolute favorite post of the day!! Thanks for the laugh, Summer!

I hope you're finally feeling better!

2SeaWithMe
October 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM

LOL! Much, thanks! :)

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=2SeaWithMe;31113318]Jeans are allowed every evening but formal night. Formal nights require a minimum of a Jacket for men. (in the MDR)

I like dressing up for formal nights, I do not like STAYING dressed up for formal nights. lol
QUOTE]

Summer, are you serious?? Jeans are allowed in the MDR? Honestly, I don't think I ever saw jeans even on RCCL ships and I'm really surprised that Celebrity allows it. I love wearing jeans but won't be wearing them to dinner..........LOL Of course, there's been many first nights that we have worn jeans to dinner and that might happen again but only for the first night.

Do we have to stay dressed up all night after dinner?? Just wondering.........

Patty

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 07:36 PM
HAHAHA - Who are the people that wear robes to dinner? It's funny in a sad way that that even has to be posted. I remember our very first cruise, when I was a kid, my mom's friend couldn't zip her dress by the last formal night, but she was determined to wear it, so she wore her husband's jacket draped over her shoulders... Because she was "chilly"...

LOL - BTW - we were coming back from Bermuda to NYC on X (before it was officially Celebrity) in AUGUST. It wasn't chilly. She still has yet to live that one down and it's been over 20 years... But in her defense we all "rolled" off the boat... Hopefully our clothes still fit well by the end of this cruise... But if we have to resort to other options... we'll be sure to keep our Formal Robewear just for our in cabin dining. :) Or we may have to rally for a toga party! Good thing about Togas... one size fits all!

Hahaha........I actually met a couple on the Radiance who both wore their terry robes and slippers to Portofino's..........LOL They did it as a joke and of course they had clothes on under the robe. It was pretty funny......LOL

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
He feels he has been losing weight so that he can get into it again. So far he has lost 15 lbs and it fits now again. I told him to wear what makes him happy as this is his vacation. I happen to think he looks very handsome in it also.:)

Pat

Pat, I think Rod is very handsome in his tuxedo too so tell him we all (well, me and Pam) think he should bring his tuxedo and wear it proudly!!!

Patty

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to Brendan, Danielle and daughter Siobhan from DELAWARE, USA

With 8 of us from DE, who will be left to turn out the lights? :rolleyes:

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:01 PM
[quote=bobby1119;31113384]Greetings.

LOL, Bobby, I had to laugh when I read your question. Are you kidding? Wait until you read some of the posts here.

All good fun and you stumbled onto some fun here. Watch out for Patty from NJ though..................:D

Luigi and Princess Di

What????? Watch out for me?????? Your the one that they have to watch out for!!!! LOL :D Luigi is very confusing and I'm not sure how many lovely ladies he's bringing on this cruise..........first he was bringing the Lovely Margo and now he's bringing Princess Di!!!! I'd watch out for him!!! ;)

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:04 PM
... we'll be sure to keep our Formal Robewear just for our in cabin dining. :) Or we may have to rally for a toga party! Good thing about Togas... one size fits all!

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Count us in................oh he__, just count us in on anything!!

I will not do the lunch in the MDR though............just doesn't seem.......prudent!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The only time I saw a Toga Party on a cruise was on our very first cruise and that was on a RCCL ship. They had big carts with sheets on them at the entrance to the dance club.......some green ones and some white ones. Some people were very creative and made some really neat looking Togas.......

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I just checked the spreadsheet for your shoe size and mother's maiden name. I am now complete!! ;)

Alex

Heeheeheeeheee...........love you Alex!!!

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Patty,

You just KNEW I had to go find that picture, don't you?? The story was that we saw this guy come to the pool and start undressing - down to his tighty-whities. We didn't know what in the world he was up to. So he proceeded to go into the pool with just that on!! No bathing suit, just his undies!! He comes out and goes into the shower, then out to put his clothes back on. The pic I took was of him just putting his t-shirt back on. I think he then wrapped in a towel and walked off. LOL, I swear, I couldn't believe he was out there like this. The one good thing was it was late in the afternoon so the pool wasn't too busy - otherwise kids would have been scrambling!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Just so I don't offend anyone, I am not showing the picture here but rather through a link. It isn't THAT bad, but just to be safe if you don't care to see an old man's butt in wet undies. But it is funny... CLICK HERE (http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/beachbuzzard/OldManCruise.jpg)

Alex

Ahahahahahaha........I can't stop laughing everytime I see that photo!!! I think it's hysterical.........all I can say is it's a good thing I wasn't there when you were taking it because I would have been rolling on the ground dying of laughter!

Craftdee2
October 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
So what night is the TOGA,TIARAS, & TEQUILA party?
I'm sure there are toga making instructions on line.

Oh wait , look below.....
How to Make a Toga Out of a Bed Sheet

It's happened to everyone. You show up at a costume party unprepared and you're the only party-goer wearing street clothes. If you have access to a bed sheet, you can easily transform yourself into a Greek immortal with a makeshift toga. Even if you're not caught without a costume at the last minute, a bed sheet toga is a simple costume that won't break the bank.

Difficulty:
Moderately Easy

Instructions
Things You'll Need

Flat bed sheet
Safety pins
Belt

Hold the corner of a top flat bed sheet in one hand. Grasp the sheet with your other hand, leaving about 6 inches between the corner of the sheet and your hand. Bring the sheet across the front of your body without letting go of the corner.

Raise your opposite arm, bending your elbow at a 90-degree angle. Drape the sheet over the front of this arm, then bring it between your body and arm, near your armpit.

Wrap the sheet around your back. Tuck the sheet under your other armpit with your other hand. Make sure the sheet fits snuggly. If you feel like you're going to lose your toga halfway through the night, draw it more tightly around you.

Tie the 2 exposed corners of the bed sheet in a knot. The knot should rest on top of one of your shoulders. You might have to adjust the sheet to move the knot into the right place.

Wrap a bathrobe belt around the toga is the sheet is too long. Pull the sheet up until the bottom is the correct length (about mid-calf) and tie the belt. Smooth the top of the sheet down over the belt so that it can't be seen.

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Becky, We didn't purchase a bev. package either. Tony and I don't drink to much so it wouldn't be worth it for us. I don't drink soda hardly at all and Tony only has soda once in awhile.......I'm a water/ice tea drinker and really have to be in the mood for soda which isn't very often. I am on the other hand a coffee drinker...LOL On our last cruise I can honestly say that we hardly drank at all, however, when with friends we tend to drink more so I'm sure we'll be drinking more on this cruise but still not enough to warrant a bev. package. Tony drinks more beer than mixed drinks. I do want to try some of those martini's at the martini bar, they look pretty cool! LOL

So...........question is.......are we still allowed to post here if we didn't purchase the Beverage Package?? ;);)

Patty

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM

We have seen a lot of funny things on our sailings but never THAT!!! REALLY?????:eek::eek:

Greensgirl
October 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
[quote=Greensgirl;31115095]

Becky, We didn't purchase a bev. package either. Tony and I don't drink to much so it wouldn't be worth it for us. I don't drink soda hardly at all and Tony only has soda once in awhile.......I'm a water/ice tea drinker and really have to be in the mood for soda which isn't very often. I am on the other hand a coffee drinker...LOL On our last cruise I can honestly say that we hardly drank at all, however, when with friends we tend to drink more so I'm sure we'll be drinking more on this cruise but still not enough to warrant a bev. package. Tony drinks more beer than mixed drinks. I do want to try some of those martini's at the martini bar, they look pretty cool! LOL

So...........question is.......are we still allowed to post here if we didn't purchase the Beverage Package?? ;);)

Patty

This is such a nice group I bet they will still let us post:p

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Can't unsee

hahahahahaha.....he warned you, you shouldn't have looked!! LOL

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
So...........question is.......are you still allowed to post here if you didn't purchase the Beverage Package?? ;);)

Only if you buy the rest of us a beer! :D

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
So what night is the TOGA,TIARAS, & TEQUILA party?
I'm sure there are toga making instructions on line.

Oh wait , look below.....
How to Make a Toga Out of a Bed Sheet

It's happened to everyone. You show up at a costume party unprepared and you're the only party-goer wearing street clothes. If you have access to a bed sheet, you can easily transform yourself into a Greek immortal with a makeshift toga. Even if you're not caught without a costume at the last minute, a bed sheet toga is a simple costume that won't break the bank.

Difficulty:
Moderately Easy

Instructions
Things You'll Need

Flat bed sheet
Safety pins
Belt

Hold the corner of a top flat bed sheet in one hand. Grasp the sheet with your other hand, leaving about 6 inches between the corner of the sheet and your hand. Bring the sheet across the front of your body without letting go of the corner.

Raise your opposite arm, bending your elbow at a 90-degree angle. Drape the sheet over the front of this arm, then bring it between your body and arm, near your armpit.

Wrap the sheet around your back. Tuck the sheet under your other armpit with your other hand. Make sure the sheet fits snuggly. If you feel like you're going to lose your toga halfway through the night, draw it more tightly around you.

Tie the 2 exposed corners of the bed sheet in a knot. The knot should rest on top of one of your shoulders. You might have to adjust the sheet to move the knot into the right place.

Wrap a bathrobe belt around the toga is the sheet is too long. Pull the sheet up until the bottom is the correct length (about mid-calf) and tie the belt. Smooth the top of the sheet down over the belt so that it can't be seen.

Diane,

Thanks for posting the instructions so tell you what, if we have to wear Togas, you can make mine.........;);) I'm not very creative.....LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:40 PM
So...........question is.......are you still allowed to post here if you didn't purchase the Beverage Package?? ;);)

Only if you buy the rest of us a beer! :D

Enough from you "Mr. Hothead".

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Okay, you guys have posted soooo much today that it took me forever to read it all. Now since I work during the day and don't post during the day I do all my responding in the evening. I just realized that I pretty much posted on this entire page so I apologize for that! LOL You don't have to read it all if you don't want to.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 08:52 PM
We have seen a lot of funny things on our sailings but never THAT!!! REALLY?????:eek::eek:

Oh Becky, We've seem more than that on cruises too! I'll have to tell you the story about the lap dancer on our last Explorer cruise! It was me, Tony, Alex, Kim, Carol and Narce in the Dungeon (that's their dance club) and I never laughed so hard. Remind me on the ship and I'll tell you about it.

Our last cruise also had a very lovely couple (can't remember their names but bet Kim remembers) that dressed to the nines every night and matched each other every minute of the day. I mean they had color coordinated outfits with matching shoes, hats, etc. The man had suits in every possible color. One day would be the red day, and then the next day might have been the green or gold day. They told us they had trunks with clothes all together for each day and when I say hats, I mean lots of different big hats. They were a much older couple but were so cute. They also matched during the day......I think they changed 3 times a day. They had to walk past our table at dinner to get to their table and we looked forward to seeing what they were wearing every night. I think the woman really liked all the attention and they would even stop at our table to say "hi" after a while and we'd tell her how great she looked. She wore gowns every night to dinner and I mean really dressy ones with beading and/or sequins, etc. They really were a cute couple.

atog254
October 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
"Oh Becky, We've seem more than that on cruises too! I'll have to tell you the story about the lap dancer on our last Explorer cruise! It was me ...."

Got me reading more! Had to laugh when I realized that there was more to that line! :eek:

Years ago, I was waiting for a very attractive lady to climb out of the pool. What happened next was a surprise! Her top fell off! Yep! She said she was so sorry and I responded "I'm not!" Worst part of this story, it seemed like I was following her around the ship as I kept running into her every where! I promise you I wasn't, but every time I turned around there she was again! I became the one that was embarrassed! :rolleyes:

DPNBP
October 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM
We've only sailed RCCL in the past and we would see jeans and shorts on men every night except formal in the MDR. I think the jeans are ok if they look like they are in great condition(I started to say new but then if look at some of the ones they sell in the store with all the rips, tear, shread, etc already on them. If I have pants with holes in them you can be assured that I'M the one who put them there from over use, lol.) But I think the men in shorts are a no, no at night in the MDR and they specify that but it is constantly ignored. And they don't enforce it.
Dianne
[quote=2SeaWithMe;31113318]Jeans are allowed every evening but formal night. Formal nights require a minimum of a Jacket for men. (in the MDR)

QUOTE]

Summer, are you serious?? Jeans are allowed in the MDR? Honestly, I don't think I ever saw jeans even on RCCL ships and I'm really surprised that Celebrity allows it. I love wearing jeans but won't be wearing them to dinner..........LOL Of course, there's been many first nights that we have worn jeans to dinner and that might happen again but only for the first night.

Do we have to stay dressed up all night after dinner?? Just wondering.........

Patty

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM
"Oh Becky, We've seem more than that on cruises too! I'll have to tell you the story about the lap dancer on our last Explorer cruise! It was me ...."

Got me reading more! Had to laugh when I realized that there was more to that line! :eek:

Years ago, I was waiting for a very attractive lady to climb out of the pool. What happened next was a surprise! Her top fell off! Yep! She said she was so sorry and I responded "I'm not!" Worst part of this story, it seemed like I was following her around the ship as I kept running into her every where! I promise you I wasn't, but every time I turned around there she was again! I became the one that was embarrassed! :rolleyes:

hahahahaha..........NO, it definitely wasn't me!!! I think you better re-read that post!!! LOL

beachbuddy
October 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
We've only sailed RCCL in the past and we would see jeans and shorts on men every night except formal in the MDR. I think the jeans are ok if they look like they are in great condition(I started to say new but then if look at some of the ones they sell in the store with all the rips, tear, shread, etc already on them. If I have pants with holes in them you can be assured that I'M the one who put them there from over use, lol.) But I think the men in shorts are a no, no at night in the MDR and they specify that but it is constantly ignored. And they don't inforce it.
Dianne
[quote=beachbuddy;31118816]

Dianne, I don't think they are consistent because we have seen them ask men in shorts to leave the MDR on the Explorer. The guy was right in front of us going into the dining room and was dressed very nice but with bermudas on and a very nice shirt, he was very preppy looking and they told him "no shorts" so he turned around and left. I really haven't seen many jeans in the MDR on RCCL, I could probably count them on one hand.

Patty