PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette November 18 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

DPNBP
October 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Kim & Alex, Hope power is restored very soon for you. It stinks when it effects the water supply, too.

Good Luck to anyone else who is without power!

Welcome Aboard Alpic!

Patty, hope the wet wall is nothing major.

Nice Pics, Luigi.

This is really tough trying to comment on posts. I keep losing track! :eek:

Dianne

Craftdee2
October 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
We were very lucky not to lose power, but all of New Paltz is out & I think we are within the "small circle of power". Had about 8-10 ". DH gauges it on how many times he shovels the snow off the hot tub cover! It was a two shovel night.

Here's my Foodie story.
Worked at the CIA for 10 yrs, been retired from the Special Events/Hospitality Dept. for almost a year now. Met & worked with some incredible chefs both staff & guest celebrities. But my favorite experience was with one of my former student workers. ( I also hired & trained students to be tour guides for the college).
The CIA hosted the RCCL search for the new chef de cuisine for 150 Central Park for the Allure of the Seas on campus in August 2010. Lots of RCCL big shots were there to judge the competition. The contestants had to be CIA alum.
Molly Brandt was the winner. She's a sweetheart & very talented & well deserving & had worked for me for 3 years.
So when the Allure had inaugural sailings some of us were invited for a 2 nt. cruise last November. It was great to see the ship, HUGE! Molly has resigned for another year. RCCL loves her. BUT for 2 months didn't see her on Facebook. Hmmm? Turns out she was taping the new season of Top Chef in Texas, starts this Wed. Nov 2. So I wish her luck. She's back on board & has just developed the new fall menu for 150 Central Park.

Will definitely try Qsine, something different.

Here's part of a press release from Celebrity, 9/10
"Known for its culinary leadership and commitment to offering guests a modern, luxurious experience during their precious vacation time, Celebrity Cruises has expanded its already robust culinary talent by naming 2010 James Beard Foundation "Rising Star Chef" nominee and 2007 "Rising Star Chef of American Cuisine" John Suley as its director of Culinary Operations. Suley is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America."

Bon Appetit! We are in good hands!
Diane

mjwcruising
October 30th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Howard, I only met you once but I don't remember you looking anythink like those pictures.:eek:

Patty, that was our beloved Maltese "Pumpkin" (ok, ok, stop laughing, there is a story behind the name) whom we lost about 1 1/2 years ago. We had him for twelve years and was Margo's baby. After a few vino's I still tear up at the mention of his name.

Ahem, enough of that. :rolleyes:

What an adorable dog!!! I am sure you have wonderful memories.

Mary

beachlovergirl
October 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Patty, that was our beloved Maltese "Pumpkin" (ok, ok, stop laughing, there is a story behind the name) whom we lost about 1 1/2 years ago. We had him for twelve years and was Margo's baby. After a few vino's I still tear up at the mention of his name.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww what a cute dog! My sister has a maltese and they named her Boo! She's the sweetest dog.....

Dee

Imagolfnut
October 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Yea, the sun is out and the snow is melting but it was a rough night. Luckily we did not lose power during this storm. We had just bought a generator but it's not entirely hooked up yet, so couldn't even try it out if we wanted to! Luckily we didn't have to.

My granddaughter had a fabulous bonfire for her birthday last night and I just took her out for lunch. She's growing up way to fast! :)

Let's hope this is the end of the snow until at least January!!

Marge

PS - Howard, you look frightenly fantastic!!

atog254
October 30th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I will be cutting off the voting just before I send out the Roll Call update this evening.

If you want to vote for a particular time for the Slot Pull - Please choose from the following!

____ After the Connections Party
____ 2nd Full day at sea - Returning
____ 3rd Full day at sea - Returning

atog254 at comcast dot net

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
We were very lucky not to lose power, but all of New Paltz is out & I think we are within the "small circle of power". Had about 8-10 ". DH gauges it on how many times he shovels the snow off the hot tub cover! It was a two shovel night.

Here's my Foodie story.
Worked at the CIA for 10 yrs, been retired from the Special Events/Hospitality Dept. for almost a year now. Met & worked with some incredible chefs both staff & guest celebrities. But my favorite experience was with one of my former student workers. ( I also hired & trained students to be tour guides for the college).
The CIA hosted the RCCL search for the new chef de cuisine for 150 Central Park for the Allure of the Seas on campus in August 2010. Lots of RCCL big shots were there to judge the competition. The contestants had to be CIA alum.
Molly Brandt was the winner. She's a sweetheart & very talented & well deserving & had worked for me for 3 years.
So when the Allure had inaugural sailings some of us were invited for a 2 nt. cruise last November. It was great to see the ship, HUGE! Molly has resigned for another year. RCCL loves her. BUT for 2 months didn't see her on Facebook. Hmmm? Turns out she was taping the new season of Top Chef in Texas, starts this Wed. Nov 2. So I wish her luck. She's back on board & has just developed the new fall menu for 150 Central Park.

Will definitely try Qsine, something different.

Here's part of a press release from Celebrity, 9/10
"Known for its culinary leadership and commitment to offering guests a modern, luxurious experience during their precious vacation time, Celebrity Cruises has expanded its already robust culinary talent by naming 2010 James Beard Foundation "Rising Star Chef" nominee and 2007 "Rising Star Chef of American Cuisine" John Suley as its director of Culinary Operations. Suley is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America."

Bon Appetit! We are in good hands!
Diane

Diane,
Wow, what an interesting job you had!!! Sounds like you really enjoyed it! I would love to have worked there!!!

Patty

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 03:22 PM

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, that dog is adorable!!! I'm sure you both miss him very much!

Patty

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
WOW would have never recognized you from those costumes! Great job on the disguise!
Dianne

Cute guys!!! Love the beer cans!! LOL

Patty

atog254
October 30th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Ok, Final vote for the Slot Pull is 20:4 - 1st Day at Sea, following the CC Connections Party. Look for invitation in your cabin

A lot of yellow highlighting this week. Changes, upgrades and Wild Turkey chicks (Newbies).

I see members names on the thread that have not sent in their information for the Roll Call ???? Without their information, they may miss out on our planned events.

The Roll Call includes a Drink Package Evaluator, Itinerary, and a worksheet to exchange names, phone nos. addresses at the Farewell Luncheon.

There will be a Wild Turkey BB posted at Guest Relations, Online Lounge and the Library.

kimba1
October 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
A bit of a challenging weekend. I felt so bad because my son was here from Miami and we lost power early yesterday afternoon. We got our power back early this afternoon just as we were leaving to go to Alex's office to take a shower. Alex was out at the car and I was grabbing a few things and Viola - power back on. Good thing cause i was beginning to lose it a bit and the tears were rolling. Power back just in time to make dinner a little easier. My mom came over to see Stephen and had a nice dinner. Can't believe how dependent we are on power. I am now more grateful for a warm house, running water and flushing toilets.

I'm ready for this cruise!

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
A bit of a challenging weekend. I felt so bad because my son was here from Miami and we lost power early yesterday afternoon. We got our power back early this afternoon just as we were leaving to go to Alex's office to take a shower. Alex was out at the car and I was grabbing a few things and Viola - power back on. Good thing cause i was beginning to lose it a bit and the tears were rolling. Power back just in time to make dinner a little easier. My mom came over to see Stephen and had a nice dinner. Can't believe how dependent we are on power. I am now more grateful for a warm house, running water and flushing toilets.

I'm ready for this cruise!

Kim,
I'm so happy that your power is back on. I'm sure it was a tough weekend for all of you! We don't know how much we miss things until we don't have them anymore. Okay, moving forward, it's after 5 pm and Howard says I can change the number of days after 5 pm so I figure it's now 18 days!!! Have a good rest of the night!!

Patty

RodPat
October 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Kim,
I'm so happy that your power is back on. I'm sure it was a tough weekend for all of you! We don't know how much we miss things until we don't have them anymore. Okay, moving forward, it's after 5 pm and Howard says I can change the number of days after 5 pm so I figure it's now 18 days!!! Have a good rest of the night!!

Patty

Patty, You got the power girl. Hooray you can change the countdown clock. I guess I will have to get the suitcases out.

Pat

goodrichgirl
October 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I will be cutting off the voting just before I send out the Roll Call update this evening.

If you want to vote for a particular time for the Slot Pull - Please choose from the following!

____ After the Connections Party
____ 2nd Full day at sea - Returning
____ 3rd Full day at sea - Returning

atog254 at comcast dot net

Can we have one going and one on the way home?:p

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Patty, You got the power girl. Hooray you can change the countdown clock. I guess I will have to get the suitcases out.

Pat

LOL...........I just read your post to Tony and he's laughing! LOL

Patty

goodrichgirl
October 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Steve,
Just wanted to thank you for all you have done in organizing and keeping the list. See you soon.:)

hac82
October 30th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Kim,

Patty
Yes it is 18 days but there are still approx. 2.5 hrs left on the calendar for today before we click to the calendar 18 days. I know, call me Scrooge. Trust me, if there was anyway for me to get this cruise here sooner I would be doing it.

jetsetdmw
October 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Yes it is 18 days but there are still approx. 2.5 hrs left on the calendar for today before we click to the calendar 18 days. I know, call me Scrooge. Trust me, if there was anyway for me to get this cruise here sooner I would be doing it.

14 work days!

hac82
October 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM
14 work days!
13 for me. Still not close enough.

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 09:46 PM

You told me if it's after 5 pm, it's okay to change the days!! LOL :p:p:p:D

jwb3843
October 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Jeff,
Alfredo and I feel the same way. However, with this being a 12 night cruise, we figured that we had enough nights to do a few at the specialty (we usually do just 1 or MAYBE 2 if there's just cause on a 7 nighter). This time we are doing 3: Murano, Lawn Club, and out of curiosity Qsine :D That leaves us with 9 nights to enjoy with our Marge and our other tablemates :D

Julie, I'm game for the crepe meetup at sea day two :) All the rest, please join us! The more, the merrier! We'll just have to come up with a time. ;)
Don't we have our Connections party on day 2? Not sure what time of day it will be, though. Do you have a preference for a time to meet? We're open to anytime! And yes, we'd love to have anyone else who's interested join us! If you've never had banana nutella crepes before, you have no idea what you're missing! :)

Julie

Slessenb
October 30th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Was worried about all of you when I saw the pictures of the snow and downed trees and no power. Reminded me of Wednesday!!!!

Howard, your adventure home from the party last night was really an adventure.

Almost got all our suitcases out and guest bedroom looks like a disaster.

Packing has to start. Agree 13 works days and three if those I am in Albany, NY.

hac82
October 30th, 2011, 10:03 PM
You told me if it's after 5 pm, it's okay to change the days!! LOL :p:p:p:D
Right. It is 18 days and several hrs to sailing. The calendar catches up with the countdown clock at midnight.

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Right. It is 18 days and several hrs to sailing. The calendar catches up with the countdown clock at midnight.

heeheehee..........I don't want to wait for the calendar to catch up with the countdown clock............LOL

Patty

hac82
October 30th, 2011, 10:12 PM
heeheehee..........I don't want to wait for the calendar to catch up with the countdown clock............LOL

Patty
I do not blame you one bit.

Host Corkey
October 30th, 2011, 10:41 PM
When Patty tells me to get my buttt over there, that's when I am leaving!! ha!ha!

carol

beachbuddy
October 30th, 2011, 10:45 PM
When Patty tells me to get my buttt over there, that's when I am leaving!! ha!ha!

carol

LOL...........it'll be soon Miss Carol!! Can't wait to see you guys!!!

Patty

mjwcruising
October 30th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Don't we have our Connections party on day 2? Not sure what time of day it will be, though. Do you have a preference for a time to meet? We're open to anytime! And yes, we'd love to have anyone else who's interested join us! If you've never had banana nutella crepes before, you have no idea what you're missing! :)

Julie

The cowboy crepe is a delicious main course followed by a banana nutella desert crepe. They will make you small ones if you ask.

mjwcruising
October 30th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Bistro ON 5 Menu

$5 Per Person Service Charge

Scrambled Eggs with Melted Cheddar Cheese and Breakfast Potatoes
Smoked Applewood Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Cheddar Cheese
Mushroom and Tomato, Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar, Sausage and Spring Onion
Build Your Own: Scrambled Eggs • Cheddar Cheese • Ham • Tomato Scallions • Bacon • Mushrooms • Spinach • Provolone • Sausage
Spanish Dulce de Leche
French Grand Marnier, Candied Orange
Italian Nutella, Banana and Pistachio
Indian Summer Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers, Provolone and Herb Dressing
Tuscan Sun Sautéed Artichoke, Mozzarella and Sun Dried Tomato Aioli
Mexicano Roasted Yellow Corn, Red Peppers, Scallions, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro and Chile Dressing
Cajun Spiced Grilled Chicken, Provolone, Pineapple Rice and Lemon Dressing
Buffalo Marinated Grilled Chicken with Shredded Lettuce and Blue Cheese
Mediterranean Roasted Chicken and Garlic, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
Cowboy Grilled Flank Steak, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, Bacon, Provolone and Blue Cheese Dressing
Hot and Spicy Shredded Steak, Peppers, Jalapeño, Cheddar Cheese and Cumin Dressing
Sweet and Sour Honey Glazed Sirloin, Rice Noodles, Cheddar Cheese, Scallions and Sour Sesame Syrup

Daily Soup Made Fresh

Chef Salad Mixed Greens, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onion, Turkey, Cheddar Cheese, Croutons, Black Olives, Hard-Boiled Egg, Tossed With Choice of Dressing
Classic Chicken Caesar Romaine Lettuce, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Croutons & Caesar Dressing
Vegetable Panini Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Roasted Bell Pepper, Artichoke, Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella
Chicken Panini Shredded Lettuce, Diced Tomato, Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Cheese
Beef Panini Marinated Flank Steak, Sliced Mushrooms, Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce and Cheddar Cheese

Gelato and Sorbetto are available for an additional charge during the Gelateria’s Operating Hours. Please ask your server for details.

hac82
October 31st, 2011, 12:05 AM
Okay, this is one for Patty. The calendar is now in sync until 5:00 PM again. :D

I mentioned before that I was planning on going to La Bombanera for a Cuban Sandwich. I guess they heard I was coming so they left me a note that we are leaving Bayonne in
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/18-1-1.jpg
days. What a delicious thought.

travelgirl913
October 31st, 2011, 02:36 AM
Hello!

Two more just joined you on this Thanksgiving cruise.

Judith & John from Southern New Jersey.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

myjillian
October 31st, 2011, 06:17 AM
:)Bistro ON 5 Menu

$5 Per Person Service Charge

Scrambled Eggs with Melted Cheddar Cheese and Breakfast Potatoes
Smoked Applewood Bacon, Scrambled Eggs and Cheddar Cheese
Mushroom and Tomato, Scrambled Eggs with Cheddar, Sausage and Spring Onion
Build Your Own: Scrambled Eggs • Cheddar Cheese • Ham • Tomato Scallions • Bacon • Mushrooms • Spinach • Provolone • Sausage
Spanish Dulce de Leche
French Grand Marnier, Candied Orange
Italian Nutella, Banana and Pistachio
Indian Summer Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant, Peppers, Provolone and Herb Dressing
Tuscan Sun Sautéed Artichoke, Mozzarella and Sun Dried Tomato Aioli
Mexicano Roasted Yellow Corn, Red Peppers, Scallions, Cheddar Cheese, Cilantro and Chile Dressing
Cajun Spiced Grilled Chicken, Provolone, Pineapple Rice and Lemon Dressing
Buffalo Marinated Grilled Chicken with Shredded Lettuce and Blue Cheese
Mediterranean Roasted Chicken and Garlic, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
Cowboy Grilled Flank Steak, Spinach, Caramelized Onion, Bacon, Provolone and Blue Cheese Dressing
Hot and Spicy Shredded Steak, Peppers, Jalapeño, Cheddar Cheese and Cumin Dressing
Sweet and Sour Honey Glazed Sirloin, Rice Noodles, Cheddar Cheese, Scallions and Sour Sesame Syrup

Daily Soup Made Fresh

Chef Salad Mixed Greens, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onion, Turkey, Cheddar Cheese, Croutons, Black Olives, Hard-Boiled Egg, Tossed With Choice of Dressing
Classic Chicken Caesar Romaine Lettuce, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Croutons & Caesar Dressing
Vegetable Panini Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Roasted Bell Pepper, Artichoke, Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella
Chicken Panini Shredded Lettuce, Diced Tomato, Spicy Chicken and Cheddar Cheese
Beef Panini Marinated Flank Steak, Sliced Mushrooms, Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce and Cheddar Cheese

Gelato and Sorbetto are available for an additional charge during the Gelateria’s Operating Hours. Please ask your server for details.
Thank you for posting my breakfast menu...how long will it take for devlivery? ???? I promise to tip well:)

jwb3843
October 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
The cowboy crepe is a delicious main course followed by a banana nutella desert crepe. They will make you small ones if you ask.
Smaller ones are against the international cruising rules of eating!! :). Thanks SO much for including the menu . . . Just makes me wish we were leaving tomorrow!!

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 31st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Hello!

We're glad to share the sunshine with some more nice folks. I'm Jeff and my wife is Annette (Fish8993). I hope you've found the post with all our group activities. If not Howard and/or Steve should be along shortly to direct you. Did you register for the Cruise Connections party? We've got a boatload (see what I did there? BOATload.) of people...162 at last check.

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 31st, 2011, 07:10 AM

MJW, thank you for the tip that they'll make small crepes. I can't (not supposed to) eat a lot of sugary stuff. And I soooo want that banana nutella crepe. But if I order it I feel obligated to eat what they give me. Yanno, on account of the starving kids in China/Africa/E. Europe...

I will request a small/er/ish crepe and be happy. :cool:

bobby1119
October 31st, 2011, 07:19 AM
Okay, this is one for Patty. The calendar is now in sync until 5:00 PM again. :D

I mentioned before that I was planning on going to La Bombanera for a Cuban Sandwich. I guess they heard I was coming so they left me a note that we are leaving Bayonne in

Very clever, once again!

Great little joint in Old San Juan.

See you all soon,

Bobby

bobby1119
October 31st, 2011, 07:30 AM
I have been monitoring the progress of Silhouette's transatlantic crossing from Lisbon at http://www.oceanweather.com.

It is obvious from the graphics that they have been experiencing heavy seas and winds head-on throughout the entire crossing unless the bridge team has shifted their course farther south.

I am wondering about damage within the ship to breakables.

I went through a very nasty storm on QE2 a few years ago during which everything in my cabin literally went flying every which way. I awoke the next morning to scenes of broken glass, dis-hinged doors in public rooms, broken dishes, books spilled from the library bookshelves. Some TV's in cabins and computers in the shops were torn away from their mountings.

Our sailing south should be OK. I think the chances of another nor'easter roaring up the coast after yesterday's storm are slim. :rolleyes:

See you all soon.

Bobby

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 07:32 AM

Awwww shucks!! Thanks Howard!!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!

jetsetdmw
October 31st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Bistro ON 5 Menu

O... M... G... Sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting! Oh boy, 18 days to go, better get my jaw wired shut now... ;)

pamkev
October 31st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hi Gang,
Just a quick fly by as I am at work. We still have no power might not be back on till Friday. It's not been a fun weekend here other things happening also hope we can even make this cruise

Pam

atog254
October 31st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Welcome to Judith & John (travelgirl191) from Southern NJ to the Wild Turkeys Roll Call!

Don't want to say that this is a chatty group, but with 0,000,000,000,000 post already and 18 days before we cruise, it is hard to catch up on everything! So Just Ask! :confused:

To those of you up north - I feel for you! :( Please stay safe and try to stay warm! Remember we only have 18 days left!

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Gang,
Just a quick fly by as I am at work. We still have no power might not be back on till Friday. It's not been a fun weekend here other things happening also hope we can even make this cruise

Pam

Pam,

Having lost our power for about a day, I can totally empathize with you. Hopefully you at least have water - not that cold water is so great, but at least you can flush and wash if need be. We had heard all sorts of rumors of us not getting power back till later this week, but then suddenly at noon yesterday it just came on! So keep your fingers crossed that they get to you sooner than later. There is really no way of telling who they will restore in what order. But I passed a caravan of power trucks this morning so I know they are out working to get everyone back up and running.

Thinking of you... Alex (& Kim).

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Don't want to say that this is a chatty group, but with 0,000,000,000,000 post already and 18 days before we cruise, it is hard to catch up on everything! So Just Ask! :confused:

I think the final post count before we sail will be in the neighborhood of 8200 (any under/over bets?). That's about 1400 in the 18 days. And I think Patty will be responsible for 100 of those 1400. :D Love ya Patty!!!

beachlovergirl
October 31st, 2011, 09:29 AM
MJW, thank you for the tip that they'll make small crepes. I can't (not supposed to) eat a lot of sugary stuff. And I soooo want that banana nutella crepe. But if I order it I feel obligated to eat what they give me. Yanno, on account of the starving kids in China/Africa/E. Europe...

I may be the only person on here who has never had Nutella! lol Going to have to try one of those banana nutella crepe's !

Dee

beachlovergirl
October 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Gang,

Pam

Pam, I hope they get your power back on real soon. You're really going to need this cruise after the last few months that you've had !!

Dee

jetsetdmw
October 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
I may be the only person on here who has never had Nutella! lol Going to have to try one of those banana nutella crepe's !

Dee

Be careful, it's addictive! Well, as long as you like Chocolate and Hazelnuts. :)

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 09:41 AM
Welcome Aboard Judith & John! We are Dianne & Bruce and also from Southern Jersey in Turnersville.

Hello!

Pam & Kev sorry to hear about your power situation. Hopefully it will not take that long to restore it. Prayers and Warm thoughts are sent your way.

Dianne
Hi Gang,

Pam

atog254
October 31st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Country boy here! Never even had crepes and don't know what banana nutella crepes would be like. I'll have to give them a try on board.

Breakfast on board: Grits and Western Omelets with coffee. 1st cup around 6:00 am in a WaWa travel mug. LOL Oops, I guess that is another clue on finding The Hot Head from Delaware.

Getting some inquiries regarding now having a Slot Pull on return since it was moved to the 1st Full Day at Sea following the Connections Part. I'm game - BUT will be passing on running the 2nd Slot Pull. So who wants to step up? :confused: I will provide the Wild Turkeys Registration Form and Tickets in Excel Format. Print and cut tickets. Linda says enough! :(

Just a thought - IF we win big on the first Slot Pull, I may still be on one of the islands we visited. :D

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 09:53 AM
I know what you mean about the Nutella being addictive!:eek: I bought it because I keep seeing the commercial about the mother feeling good about feeding her family a nutritious breakfast. I grabbed and didn't read the label and the first ingredient is Sugar. But it tastes good on just about everything.
Dianne
Be careful, it's addictive! Well, as long as you like Chocolate and Hazelnuts. :)

mjwcruising
October 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
:)
Thank you for posting my breakfast menu...how long will it take for devlivery? ???? I promise to tip well:)

Good luck with Bistro room service:eek:

On Eclispe DH and I ordered 2 different crepes and split them. Cowboy and sweet & sour; (I liked both of them, forgot the name of the sweet & sour until I looked up the menu)
When it came time for dessert we told the waiter we wanted 1 nutella and banana crepe to share. He said they would just make us our own small crepes.
I imagine they will do this on the Silhouette also.

Hi Gang,

Pam

Pam, you have to make the cruise; I hope things get better for you.
I didn't realize your area has no power. Luckily, we didn't lose power.

Mary

RodPat
October 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hi Gang,

Pam

Pam, You have to come. The three Pirates have not sailed together since a year ago Sept. If John with all his problems plans on coming, there is no excuse for you. Hope you get electric on soon. How is the van after your accident? We can always go in two cars or you guys could stay at the hotels with all the others and meet us on the ship. Everything can be worked out. At least you are okay and think about the warm weather we will be having on this cruise.

Pat

jetsetdmw
October 31st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Country boy here! Never even had crepes and don't know what banana nutella crepes would be like. I'll have to give them a try on board.

Breakfast on board: Grits and Western Omelets with coffee. 1st cup around 6:00 am in a WaWa travel mug. LOL Oops, I guess that is another clue on finding The Hot Head from Delaware.

Your breakfast sounds pretty good too! We can't mess with a tradition like that... Maybe you should have a scoop of ice cream on your banana nutella crepes... Wait I just kinda drooled on my keyboard... Then *technically* it'll be more like a snack. Yeah that's it!

I'll split one with ya - cause the grand marnier crepe sounds like it needs a little visit from the ice cream fairy too...

Aggghhhh... Back to the treadmill!

jetsetdmw
October 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
I know what you mean about the Nutella being addictive!:eek: I bought it because I keep seeing the commercial about the mother feeling good about feeding her family a nutritious breakfast. I grabbed and didn't read the label and the first ingredient is Sugar. But it tastes good on just about everything.
Dianne

LOL! Maybe the nutritious breakfast was under all the nutella. You are so right about it being good on almost everything... I once made the mistake of having it between slices of "texas cut" french toast with toasted marshmallows on top (think of it like a french toast s'more) can I tell you, I think I was on a sugar high for DAYS... What they don't show in that commercial is the mom pulling her hair out because her kids are bouncing off the walls. HAHA!

atog254
October 31st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Yea, it is a vacation, but I'm not that good at following proper eating habits - especially since I have type 2 Diabetes! :mad:

Now pass me another Stout at Michael's please! :rolleyes:

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 11:14 AM

Dee

Dee,

Imagine chocolate hazelnut tasting peanut butter. And whatever you do, don't eat it like this: CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww)!! LOL!!!

caribbean1004
October 31st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the Bistro on Five Menu and the tip that they'll make them smaller.

I told my husband that they would make them smaller and his response - "How about bigger??" ... haha

pamkev
October 31st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Pam, You have to come. The three Pirates have not sailed together since a year ago Sept. If John with all his problems plans on coming, there is no excuse for you. Hope you get electric on soon. How is the van after your accident? We can always go in two cars or you guys could stay at the hotels with all the others and meet us on the ship. Everything can be worked out. At least you are okay and think about the warm weather we will be having on this cruise.

Pat

Taking van over to get estimate Tuesday telling them it needs to be done by the 16th if not we have rental insurance and will rent a van and tell them to keep it till we get back on the 30th. Hope it works out

pamkev
October 31st, 2011, 11:36 AM
Pam,

Having lost our power for about a day, I can totally empathize with you. Hopefully you at least have water - not that cold water is so great, but at least you can flush and wash if need be. We had heard all sorts of rumors of us not getting power back till later this week, but then suddenly at noon yesterday it just came on! So keep your fingers crossed that they get to you sooner than later. There is really no way of telling who they will restore in what order. But I passed a caravan of power trucks this morning so I know they are out working to get everyone back up and running.

Thinking of you... Alex (& Kim).

Hope it happens here no heat no water no power no nothing

mjwcruising
October 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Dee,

Imagine chocolate hazelnut tasting peanut butter. And whatever you do, don't eat it like this: CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww)!! LOL!!!

The video was awesome.

I once made a graham cracker, peanut butter and nutella sandwich and had a glass of milk on the side. YUM!!!

atog254
October 31st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Have never heard of Nutella before these post. :eek: Pass me a double syringe of insulin - please! :p

OMG - the news about power outages up north and millions out of electricity is so un-nerving! Linda said last night. If weather near our cruise looks bad we may be joining all of those at Springhill on the 17th. :confused:

beachlovergirl
October 31st, 2011, 12:29 PM
Dee,

Alex, you always make me laugh! Probably will pass on those crepes....I love chocolate, but not hazelnut or peanut butter! Although the french ones sound good.......grand marnier and candied orange!!

Dee

Greensgirl
October 31st, 2011, 12:46 PM
I was out of the loop for the weekend and it's going to take me all week to catch up on our chatty group. LOL!!

I'm sure we have newbies so welcome to you and can't wait to see the countdowns...what is it now, 18 days??

I know the snow we had headed east so hope everyone is staying warm...Oct. snow is never fun in my book!!

Our son arrived home Friday night, Mike and I picked him up at the airport and took him to the restaurant where friends were entertaining his wife for her birthday. When he walked in and she saw him at first she thought it was the coconut margaritas...but when she realized he was really there she cried like I have never seen her cry before! (she is a strong and brave Air Force daughter and wife) It was a wonderful homecoming (even if he has to go back for a few more weeks) Everyone in the place cheered when they realized they had a member of the military there who had surprised his wife for her birthday. Drinks were sent to our whole table anonymously and visits were made from some others to thank our son for his service and to wish our daughter in-law a happy birthday. It was such an emotional evening for everyone...tears from all their friends and mom of course, and lots from folks they didin't even know!
He hopes to get his papers soon and will return from his deployment by Nov.15th. It would be nice to know he is home and settled in before we head to NJ. (Once a mom, always a mom!)

I think they are saying snow again here on Wed. but nothing like the one we had last week. The past few days have been beautiful so I guess I'll try to handle it. Knowing we are heading for some sunshine in a few weeks really helps! A crazy new work week for us.
Happy Halloween all!

myjillian
October 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Have never heard of Nutella before these post. :eek: Pass me a double syringe of insulin - please! :p

OMG - the news about power outages up north and millions out of electricity is so un-nerving! Linda said last night. If weather near our cruise looks bad we may be joining all of those at Springhill on the 17th. :confused:
We drop by..you follow us...;)

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 01:21 PM
I know the snow we had headed east so hope everyone is staying warm...Oct. snow is never fun in my book!!

October snow in the NY/NJ Metro area is *almost* unheard of. I can tell you that I am not certain that I've even seen as much as a flake of snow in October before this storm, let alone the dumping we had put on us. It is truly one of the freakiest snowstorms I've ever seen. In fact, we rarely see snow by Christmas. Generally by the time we see any significant snow, the leaves are down from the trees. Not this time. Wet heavy snow on trees with leaves to catch the snow = downed limbs and trees. Crazy stuff this global *warming*!!

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Our son arrived home Friday night, Mike and I picked him up at the airport and took him to the restaurant where friends were entertaining his wife for her birthday. When he walked in and she saw him at first she thought it was the coconut margaritas...but when she realized he was really there she cried like I have never seen her cry before! (she is a strong and brave Air Force daughter and wife) It was a wonderful homecoming (even if he has to go back for a few more weeks) Everyone in the place cheered when they realized they had a member of the military there who had surprised his wife for her birthday. Drinks were sent to our whole table anonymously and visits were made from some others to thank our son for his service and to wish our daughter in-law a happy birthday. It was such an emotional evening for everyone...tears from all their friends and mom of course, and lots from folks they didin't even know!
He hopes to get his papers soon and will return from his deployment by Nov.15th. It would be nice to know he is home and settled in before we head to NJ. (Once a mom, always a mom!)

If this were Facebook I'd be banging my LIKE button!! Having lost a nephew in Iraq, I know the angst you live with every day of his being away (he is honored in every signature of my posts - and its a link you can follow to his memorial). Bless your son and every soldier overseas!! And what a truly great surprise for his wife!! I admit, I would have had a tear too if I saw that!!! Nothing like surprise homecomings!!!

Alex

nycmode
October 31st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hey guys looking forward to the cruise. I hope it's not too cold the day we leave.

By the way, does anybody know if there are taxis at the cruise terminal? Or should I book a car in advance? I'm just trying to figure out our exit strategy (going back to Manhattan).

EDIT: 18 freakin' more days!!

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 01:45 PM
OMG! :eek: In the first few seconds I had a craving, good thing I didn't give in, because I wanted to vomit by the end, LOL
Dee,

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM
That is so nice! Glad everything went well!
I hope he does make it home before the cruise so you can relax and not worry about him. Though with kids, there's always something to worry about.
Dianne
I was out of the loop for the weekend and it's going to take me all week to catch up on our chatty group. LOL!!

I'm sure we have newbies so welcome to you and can't wait to see the countdowns...what is it now, 18 days??

I think they are saying snow again here on Wed. but nothing like the one we had last week. The past few days have been beautiful so I guess I'll try to handle it. Knowing we are heading for some sunshine in a few weeks really helps! A crazy new work week for us.
Happy Halloween all!

samkmm
October 31st, 2011, 02:49 PM
First of all that video of Nutella was horrible!!! No thanks for sharing.lol

Happy Halloween to all. Are we cruising yet????
Can't wait to get away from this cold weather.

Alex sorry to hear about your Nephew. I had wondered about your sign off.

Becky glad that your dil was sooooo surprised. Nice that the weekend went well. Hope he gets home before we leave on the Silhouette.

Pam I hope it all works out and you don't have to cancel. We were out of electric after the hurricane. At least it was warmer and we had water. Lost a lot of food. Steve says I should stop shopping but I can't. Still think we're a family of 6 and it's the 2 of us. It's an Italian thing!!!

Kathy:)

RodPat
October 31st, 2011, 02:58 PM
Taking van over to get estimate Tuesday telling them it needs to be done by the 16th if not we have rental insurance and will rent a van and tell them to keep it till we get back on the 30th. Hope it works out

If you have to rent a van, rent a big one. I will bring a stool so I don't wet my pants trying to crawl in. You do remember me in San Francisco trying to get in the van.:D

Pat

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 31st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the Bistro on Five Menu and the tip that they'll make them smaller.

I told my husband that they would make them smaller and his response - "How about bigger??" ... haha

Now that is just funny right there...I don't care who ya are...funny!

SpiderOfTheSeas
October 31st, 2011, 03:12 PM
By the way, does anybody know if there are taxis at the cruise terminal? Or should I book a car in advance? I'm just trying to figure out our exit strategy (going back to Manhattan).

We've sailed on Explorer of the Seas three times out of Bayonne and there have always been some cabs. I cannot tell you that they were just hanging out or if they had been called. One year we took NJ Transit to the airport and grabbed a cab TO the port and I want to say 30 bucks for two of us.

samkmm
October 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM
So many Christmas commerical's are on already and Halloween isn't even over. Kids are starting here lets see if its as busy as the last few years.

I have Nutella in the cabinet for Steve. Never tasted it. BUT the crepes really sound good. Maybe we'll hit it for lunch one day also. What time does it open.? Is it for just breakfast and lunch? Once he finds aout about it I think he'll want to go.

We also have traveled many times out of Bayonne. Have seen taxi's waiting for people. I don't beleive you have to reserve. But don't know the cost.

Kathy:):)

emcee207
October 31st, 2011, 03:56 PM
I had several appointments in Connecticut today, just got home. I traveled as far south as to New Haven. Connecticut got hammered!! There are trees down everywhere, I've never seen anything of this magnitude. There is still, as of this morning, 750,000 without power. That is a quarter of the population of the state. There are lines at the few gas stations opened, up to a half mile in length. I was amazed at what I saw. Much more destruction than from Irene.

We're feeling very lucky here, lots of towns near us also out of power but Eastern Massachusets did well compared to what I saw today. Crazy!

samkmm
October 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM
Louis the NEWS is on. I can't believe that they are saying it will be more than a week before all can be cleared. What a mess there. We were very lucky on LI this time. Lets hope they can get things back to normal soon. I feel so bad for all of them.

myjillian
October 31st, 2011, 04:24 PM
October snow in the NY/NJ Metro area is *almost* unheard of. I can tell you that I am not certain that I've even seen as much as a flake of snow in October before this storm, let alone the dumping we had put on us. It is truly one of the freakiest snowstorms I've ever seen. In fact, we rarely see snow by Christmas. Generally by the time we see any significant snow, the leaves are down from the trees. Not this time. Wet heavy snow on trees with leaves to catch the snow = downed limbs and trees. Crazy stuff this global *warming*!!
Our Wedding Anniversary is on Nov. 1st and we had the wedding in Champlain NY and the reception in St Johns Que. The flakes were the size of half dollars coming down. It was a candlelight wedding and coming out of the church was like a Fairy tale . Snow stayed on the ground and the reception was in an Alberge and many people stayed over. The next day Nov.2sd was Richards birthday and everyone went horseback ridding in the snow. Quite a picture perfect weekend.
This is the first time we will be home on Holloween we always take a cruise for our Anniversary and his birthday...it seems strange ...don't even know if kids come to the door. We live on a peninsula and don't know of any neighborhood kids. :o We'll be handing out cans of Root Beer if anyone comes !

mjwcruising
October 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
So many Christmas commerical's are on already and Halloween isn't even over. Kids are starting here lets see if its as busy as the last few years.

I have Nutella in the cabinet for Steve. Never tasted it. BUT the crepes really sound good. Maybe we'll hit it for lunch one day also. What time does it open.? Is it for just breakfast and lunch? Once he finds aout about it I think he'll want to go.

Kathy:):)

It is open from 6 A.M. to 2 A.M.

Host Corkey
October 31st, 2011, 04:37 PM

Happy Halloween all!

Ahhh - tears in my eyes too - that's great - your son being able to come home soon - I can just imagine this scene - thank you to him --my youngest BIL is also in the military-- carol

Imagolfnut
October 31st, 2011, 04:46 PM
I

There was a news clip on one of the major TV stations that showed a young soldier coming into a restaurant and surprising his wife for his birthday!! They didn't mention names or where -- could it have been your son??? It was so emotional to watch. God bless all our military (and their families) !!

I like Nutella (in moderation) - after that video clip, I was ready to gag!! I was thinking of opening the jar we have, but I think I'll wait now!! ;)

Days are going so fast now. I hope those of you without power finally got it back!! We were so fortunate this time!!

A friend whom I met on a cruise several years ago e-mailed me today - they just booked a cruise to Bermuda in Sept '12 on the Norweigian Star, out of NYC - that might be a good time for me to take my granddaughter. I'm not that crazy about NCL, but to sail again with friends is priceless!! I'm sure you can all relate to that!! ;) They're from Indiana so I haven't seen them in a while!

I'm hoping they have some TV coverage of the Silhouette coming up the river to Bayonne!!! I'm ready to board!

Marge

Host Corkey
October 31st, 2011, 04:47 PM
If you have to rent a van, rent a big one. I will bring a stool so I don't wet my pants trying to crawl in. You do remember me in San Francisco trying to get in the van.:D

Pat

Pam - you have to come - sorry about your van -
Pat - what happened in SF... trying to get in the van?

Dee - Narce loves nutella - i always have a large jar on hand - in fact, made a peanut butter/nutella sandwich for him this morning for his snack at work - I do not care for it as much as I love choc.

Happy Halloween Everyone! hope you all get lots of treats!

carol

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Gang,

Pam

Pam, so sorry you don't have power. I hope it comes on soon. I'll be thinking of both of you and keeping fingers crossed. You need to get away sooooo bad, especially now.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 05:52 PM
I think the final post count before we sail will be in the neighborhood of 8200 (any under/over bets?). That's about 1400 in the 18 days. And I think Patty will be responsible for 100 of those 1400. :D Love ya Patty!!!

hahahah, I'll try to live up to that Alex! LOL :p :p I love you too!!!!;);)
Hmmm, not so sure we'll reach 8200.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 05:54 PM

Dee

No your not..........I never had it either and I never had a crepe either! LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM

Alex, your so right........that was the freakiest act of nature that I ever saw!!!! It was crazy!!! Glad you guys got your power back on and now hoping that Pam and Kevin get theirs back on soon. Sounds like they have no water either.

That Nutella video was crazy!! I never had the stuff but I love peanut butter and I like hazelnut, not sure how I'll like the chocolate.......that has to be sweet! LOL

Pam, the important thing is that you are okay........vans can be fixed. Happy that you guys are fine.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 06:13 PM

Happy Halloween all!

Becky, what a wonderful story!!! I would have been crying right along with all of you. I hope he comes home and gets settled before you head to NJ too. I know you'll feel so much better then.

Patty

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 06:19 PM

Dee - Narce loves nutella - i always have a large jar on hand - in fact, made a peanut butter/nutella sandwich for him this morning for his snack at work - I do not care for it as much as I love choc.

carol

Yes Pat,
Inquiring minds want to know what happened when you tried to get into the van.............LOL

Patty

hac82
October 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
Becky, what a wonderful story from your DIL party. What memories you will have from it.

Pam, I do not know the details of what happened but glad you are okay. Hopefully you will get your power back soon. We want to see you on the cruise. You just have to come.

Patty, come on you can get us to that 8,200.... :D

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.myspaceanimations.com/images/halloween3tt9.gif

Patty

mjwcruising
October 31st, 2011, 08:03 PM

Patty

Cool!!!! And a Happy Halloween to you.:D

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Cool!!!! And a Happy Halloween to you.:D

Mary, we have plenty of candy left over so you are all welcome to come get some! LOL

Patty

RodPat
October 31st, 2011, 08:16 PM

carol

Carol, The day after we saw you we were going to go to the wineries and John had arranged for us to rent a van. He had an address for the rental car company and we all left and followed him. He was told it was very near where the ship docked. Well we walked so far along the water and we just kept following John. I finally asked someone on the street where this place was. John being a man would have just kept walking and never asking for directions. Well we walked blocks and blocks out of the way. We had to walk up a hill and then back in the direction of the ship. We finally found the rental place but had to wait for the van to be brought over where we were. With all that walking and standing for an hour waiting for the van, my knees had had it. I have real bad knees. When the van came I could not lift my leg up high enough to get my fat rear in the van. I fell into the van on my knees and poor Kevin was trying to help but he didn't want to touch me in the wrong spot:eek:. Well I couldn't move because by now I was laughing so much I thought I would wet my pants. Finally crawled to my seat giggling all the way. Never a dull moment with me. We never got to the wineries that day but we bought wine at costco and brought that back to the ship. Had it brought to Blu for our dinners. Did buy some nice jewlery in Saucilito so the day wasn't a waste.

Pat

RodPat
October 31st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Becky, Loved your story about your son. I hope that all the men and women can come home soon and stay here. Hope you can come to NJ with a happy heart.

Pat

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Carol, The day after we saw you we were going to go to the wineries and John had arranged for us to rent a van. He had an address for the rental car company and we all left and followed him. He was told it was very near where the ship docked. Well we walked so far along the water and we just kept following John. I finally asked someone on the street where this place was. John being a man would have just kept walking and never asking for directions. Well we walked blocks and blocks out of the way. We had to walk up a hill and then back in the direction of the ship. We finally found the rental place but had to wait for the van to be brought over where we were. With all that walking and standing for an hour waiting for the van, my knees had had it. I have real bad knees. When the van came I could not lift my leg up high enough to get my fat rear in the van. I fell into the van on my knees and poor Kevin was trying to help but he didn't want to touch me in the wrong spot:eek:. Well I couldn't move because by now I was laughing so much I thought I would wet my pants. Finally crawled to my seat giggling all the way. Never a dull moment with me. We never got to the wineries that day but we bought wine at costco and brought that back to the ship. Had it brought to Blu for our dinners. Did buy some nice jewlery in Saucilito so the day wasn't a waste.

Pat

Ahahahahahahahaha.........that's a great story Pat!!! LOL I can definitely relate!!!!

Patty

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 08:48 PM

Pat

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Pat, if that had been me I would've looked on the ground for a stick or 2x4 and pushed you in the van with it!!! :D (Gently of course!)

kimba1
October 31st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hope it happens here no heat no water no power no nothing

Hang in there Pam! Praying you get power soon. I know you've been through a lot so really need a break. We're thinking about you. Sending good, warm thoughts your way

Craftdee2
October 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
So I'm laughing, crying, laughing, crying with all that's going on. Can't wait to meet you all!

My son's girlfriend just e-mailed me saying my DS would pick up Halloween candy in NYC on his way home from work tonight. He grabbed bags of lollipops that were red & green. Ok...but when she opened them up they had Santa faces on them. I told her to watch out their house might get egged!
Happy Halloween!
Had to shovel snow off the front walk for the kids to get to our front door. Just not right.
Diane

Greensgirl
October 31st, 2011, 08:59 PM

Patty

Love this...it made my day!!

kimba1
October 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Happy Halloween CC Friends. Had a good day dropped my son at the airport so he could leave this snowy mess and head back to sunny Miami. We never get many kids for trick or treat so only bought one bag of candy. Guess since I was home earlier we got more kids so I asked Alex to stop and get another bag - only had 3 kids since.

Becky - that story is awesome. A big thank you to your son and all of our troops. I can't imagine being a military mom. I cried most of the home from the airport after dropping off my baby - he's 20 but still my baby!

mjwcruising
October 31st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Mary, we have plenty of candy left over so you are all welcome to come get some! LOL

Patty

Halloween candy is one thing I don't need. I bought a bag of peanut butter cups at John's request but of course we had no trick or treaters.
I think I'll put them in his desk drawer so I don't eat them.
I do have to fit into my cruise clothes..

samkmm
October 31st, 2011, 09:28 PM
Well we had about 90 kids and I left about 6:30 to visit the other 2 grandkids. So I'm sure I made some kids mad. We had around 120 other years. I think they bus them in. I never saw this many not even when our kids were growing up. I buy Pretzels this way all the chocolate isn't here to tempt me. (again thats how I count by the bag).

Hope everyone had a good Halloween. Glad its behind us. Another day closer to cruise. Still haven't lookded at any thing that I have to bring. I keep putting it off but I must start soon.

Dil was talking about Thanksgiving. Made me feel bad that I won't be home cooking this year. NOT!
No really it did. Cruise come quick before I change my mind and stay home. lol

Kathy:D:D

beachbuddy
October 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Halloween candy is one thing I don't need. I bought a bag of peanut butter cups at John's request but of course we had no trick or treaters.
I think I'll put them in his desk drawer so I don't eat them.
I do have to fit into my cruise clothes..

Mary, we have peanut butter cups, kit kats, hersheys, nestle crunch, o'henry's and whoppers!!! Now what am I going to do with all this candy!!! Oh yeah and butterfingers!!!! If I take it to work I can't leave it in my office because the first time stress hits I'll be eating it!!! I'd have to take it to other people's offices..........LOL

Patty

Host Corkey
October 31st, 2011, 10:49 PM

Pat

Because I know and love you, I can say... yep that's funny!! I can just see you- and heck, I would have said, touch me in the wrong spot, just get me in the van!! ha!ha! Oh -- and here I thought you were going to tell us you farted!!

carol

RodPat
October 31st, 2011, 10:52 PM
Because I know and love you, I can say... yep that's funny!! I can just see you- and heck, I would have said, touch me in the wrong spot, just get me in the van!! ha!ha! Oh -- and here I thought you were going to tell us you farted!!

carol

Carol, Ladies don't fart, they poot. But two poots make a fart.

Pat

beachbuzzard
October 31st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Carol, Ladies don't fart, they poot. But two poots make a fart.

Pat

Yeah, well then I've heard many a lady in my day *double-poot*!! Never intentionally of course! LOL!!!

Alex

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 11:13 PM
211207 My 2 Beautiful Grandchildren. We had about 120+ kids come knocking at our door for treats (tried to figure how many per bag minus those taken for taste testing, lol) . Glad the weather was decent here. Sorry for the kids that weren't able to go because of weather conditions and power outages.

DPNBP
October 31st, 2011, 11:17 PM
Pat, I had a funny visual of that in my mind. Thanks for the chuckle.
Dianne

Pat

nycmode
October 31st, 2011, 11:41 PM
We've sailed on Explorer of the Seas three times out of Bayonne and there have always been some cabs. I cannot tell you that they were just hanging out or if they had been called. One year we took NJ Transit to the airport and grabbed a cab TO the port and I want to say 30 bucks for two of us.

thanks! we'll probably just call a cab, or make some poor relative pick us up lol. i'll buy him a beer or three

SpiderOfTheSeas
November 1st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Alarm went off at oh-six-hundred hours (6 am) today as usual. My sleepy wife shuffled down the hall to the shower. Just when she got there I called out to her semi-urgently.
She came and said "what's the matter?"
I asked "hey, what month are we going on that cruise?"
November, why?
I said "happy NOVEMBER!"
She got the biggest smile. :)

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Our ship will arrive in Bayonne in 20 hours from this post. Things are starting to pick up in Bayonne. It appears that they have had a dress rehearsal for the arrival and while they did that, they also left a message for us that we will see this same sight
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/17-1.jpg
days from now. What a wonderful sight that is. Happy November everyone.

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Good morning everyone............well, we're another day closer!!! I think these last couple weeks are going to fly by! Hope everyone has a great day!

Pam, still thinking of you and Kevin and sending good wishes and thoughts that your power comes back on soon.

Patty

pamkev
November 1st, 2011, 07:51 AM

Pat

Yes I remember that day we all following John like he knew where he was going it was so funny.:D

pamkev
November 1st, 2011, 07:54 AM
Still now power what is so strange everyone all around us has it but we dont. I think Dudley the pup is going to a kennel and his parents are going to a motel

Pam

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Happy Halloween CC Friends. Had a good day dropped my son at the airport so he could leave this snowy mess and head back to sunny Miami. We never get many kids for trick or treat so only bought one bag of candy. Guess since I was home earlier we got more kids so I asked Alex to stop and get another bag - only had 3 kids since.

Becky - that story is awesome. A big thank you to your son and all of our troops. I can't imagine being a military mom. I cried most of the home from the airport after dropping off my baby - he's 20 but still my baby!

Kim- I bet your son was happy to return to nicer weather. I wish I could say that airport good byes get easier...but for me they never have. We are blessed that my sons deployment is stateside this time. He has been to the middle east several times. 4 years ago today we lost three federal agents in Iraq one of which was my sons best friend and partner. Being the mother of a soldier is the hardest thing I have ever had to face but I am honored and so very proud to be the mother of one of our countries finest.

I was wathching DWTS with friends but Mike said we had no trick or treaters. We seldom do, guess it's because we live in a community of empty nesters and retired folks so the kids know we will be out with our grandkids or just turn out the lights...LOL. For all who are watching DWTS...I say it's time for Hope to go home.

To those who have been without power, I hope it has been returned...or you have found a warmer place to hold out until it is.

Just 17 days...they are starting to pass quickly!

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Becky, Loved your story about your son. I hope that all the men and women can come home soon and stay here. Hope you can come to NJ with a happy heart.

Pat

Thanks Pat...I pray every day for their quick and safe return!!

RodPat
November 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Pat, if that had been me I would've looked on the ground for a stick or 2x4 and pushed you in the van with it!!! :D (Gently of course!)

Thanks Alex, you are a real gentleman.:) Just glad I did not have to see what happened from Kevin's point of view.:eek: Did I say Rod did not try to help either. I think it was all he could not to laugh because he knew what I would say to him later.

Pat

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
211207 My 2 Beautiful Grandchildren. We had about 120+ kids come knocking at our door for treats (tried to figure how many per bag minus those taken for taste testing, lol) . Glad the weather was decent here. Sorry for the kids that weren't able to go because of weather conditions and power outages.

They are beautiful...

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 09:08 AM
There was a news clip on one of the major TV stations that showed a young soldier coming into a restaurant and surprising his wife for his birthday!! They didn't mention names or where -- could it have been your son??? It was so emotional to watch. God bless all our military (and their families) !!

I like Nutella (in moderation) - after that video clip, I was ready to gag!! I was thinking of opening the jar we have, but I think I'll wait now!! ;)

Days are going so fast now. I hope those of you without power finally got it back!! We were so fortunate this time!!

A friend whom I met on a cruise several years ago e-mailed me today - they just booked a cruise to Bermuda in Sept '12 on the Norweigian Star, out of NYC - that might be a good time for me to take my granddaughter. I'm not that crazy about NCL, but to sail again with friends is priceless!! I'm sure you can all relate to that!! ;) They're from Indiana so I haven't seen them in a while!

I'm hoping they have some TV coverage of the Silhouette coming up the river to Bayonne!!! I'm ready to board!

Marge

Marge,
I think that was another soldier...it does my heart good each time I hear a story of a sholdier returnning home. God bless them all!
I heard there was to be Silhouette news down on Wall street this morning...hope to find some video as well! I'm with you...ready to board!

RodPat
November 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Yeah, well then I've heard many a lady in my day *double-poot*!! Never intentionally of course! LOL!!!

Alex

I always remember my grandma doing this as she walked. We as kids would ask her if that was necessary. She would tell that was her jet propulsion aid so that she could catch us and give us a hit in the head. We just tried to run faster.

Pat

Imagolfnut
November 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy November 1st!! Cruise month!!

Well, here's my Halloween story... our house is about 500 ft off the main road and back in the woods so we have never had trick or treaters in the 5 years we've been here. Last night about 7:15 the doorbell rings - oh no, somebody actually walked all the way back here in the dark?? I turn on the lights and it's my 17 yr old grandson and two of his friends - they wanted to surprise us, so parked his truck at the beginning of the driveway and they walked in. They were dressed up and it was fun to see them, though I had no "candy"!! ;) About 5 minutes after they left, I see headlights in the driveway and thought they forgot something, so I go to the door and it's the Sheriff's department. The officer comes up and says, "everything alright back here??" I told him everything was fine - then he asks if I saw any kids back here!!!!! I said only my grandson, why?? Apparently the neighbors saw them park at the end of the drive and turn off the lights and walk in, so they thought the kids were going to burglarize the house or vandelize it, and called the police!!! :eek: Thankfully, we were able to tell the officers there was no problem!! Geez, enough excitement for one night - but I did think it was kind of funny (hubby didn't) !! ;)

Dianne - cute picture of the kids!!

OMG - all the poots and double poots cracked me up!!!

Marge

Cruisemate1974
November 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM

Julie

I guess we can play it by ear... the Connections party is usually around 10, but one never knows for sure until we get the invite. We can either do it after the slot pull (which is to be after the party) or to make it easier we can always do it on the second sea day (day 3), if we can all wait of course. Generally I like to have lunch sometime around 12 or 1ish :)

After reading that menu, now it is a toss up... that Dulce de Leche one is calling out too... mmmmm wow.... that menu there is making me drool just thinking about all of those yummy concoctions!

LOL about the Nutella video. That was rather disgusting, however, still doesn't make me want to give up Nutella ;)

Becky, such a wonderful story and treat for you and you DIL! Praying for all our soldiers safe return and thank them immensely for their service!!

Pam, I hope you get your power back soon and that things start getting better. Sending warm wishes your way!

November! It's officially sailing month! Woo hoo and a birthday to boot. My brother keeps asking me what I want for my birthday. Since hubby was SOOO generous and bought me the new camera lens that I *really* wanted, I think I'm just gonna tell bro to just put some extra credit on my seapass card, we all know that won't go to waste :D

16 days before I leave for NY woo hoo! Will have to keep an eye on the weather, if it looks like there will be any issues, I might have to change Alfredo's flight and have him miss an extra day of work. Right now he's due in to EWR at 8:30 a.m. Friday... bad weather could make a singles cruise for me ;)

beachbuzzard
November 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Work is really crazy - I work in heavy highway construction and lots of bids for new work - it seems to be peaking right now before the holiday - so the cruise seems SO far away. I know its only 17 days. But I'm not feeling it being that close yet. Maybe when we're a day or two away I'll get in the swing!! LOL!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone. -

Alex

DPNBP
November 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
It's nice to know that your neighbors were keeping an eye out for you! Good morning everyone and Happy November 1st!! Cruise month!!

Well, here's my Halloween story... our house is about 500 ft off the main road and back in the woods so we have never had trick or treaters in the 5 years we've been here. Last night about 7:15 the doorbell rings - oh no, somebody actually walked all the way back here in the dark?? I turn on the lights and it's my 17 yr old grandson and two of his friends - they wanted to surprise us, so parked his truck at the beginning of the driveway and they walked in. They were dressed up and it was fun to see them, though I had no "candy"!! ;) About 5 minutes after they left, I see headlights in the driveway and thought they forgot something, so I go to the door and it's the Sheriff's department. The officer comes up and says, "everything alright back here??" I told him everything was fine - then he asks if I saw any kids back here!!!!! I said only my grandson, why?? Apparently the neighbors saw them park at the end of the drive and turn off the lights and walk in, so they thought the kids were going to burglarize the house or vandelize it, and called the police!!! :eek: Thankfully, we were able to tell the officers there was no problem!! Geez, enough excitement for one night - but I did think it was kind of funny (hubby didn't) !! ;)

Dianne - cute picture of the kids!! Thanks!

Marge

DPNBP
November 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Thank you! They are beautiful...

loosygoosy
November 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM
happy november everyone!!!

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy November 1st!! Cruise month!!

Dianne - cute picture of the kids!!

Marge

Great Halloween story...one you will never forget. And isn't it wonderful that a 17 year old would think of his grandparents...you must be loved very much!

samkmm
November 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Marge, Wonderful story. One about your Grandson still thinking enough to share his Halloween. BUT better that your neighbors be on the look out for you and your husband. Its nice that Neighbors still look out for one another. SO happy for you on both.

17 days... I guess I better start looking at clothes that I want to bring. No one else can do that for me. At least Steve gathers his stuff but never gets them into the luggage.

Kathy;)

bulldogz
November 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Patti and my boyfriend Robert and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are from NJ and this is our 3rd Celebrity cruise. Last one was years ago on Zenith. We have recently been on RCCL and Princess. Do you know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas?

jetsetdmw
November 1st, 2011, 01:26 PM
And if you listen closely, the Silhouette says "Hi"...

(for those of you that missed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGO3azUTXI&feature=youtu.be :D

samkmm
November 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM
And if you listen closely, the Silhouette says "Hi"...

(for those of you that missed it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykGO3azUTXI&feature=youtu.be :D
Thanks for sharing the link!

Kathy

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Patti and my boyfriend Robert and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are from NJ and this is our 3rd Celebrity cruise. Last one was years ago on Zenith. We have recently been on RCCL and Princess. Do you know if the ship will be decorated for Christmas?

Welcome...you have joined a great group of excited folks ready to set sail in just a few weeks. We have been on several cruises over Thanksgiving a couple have been on X. It seems the no matter the ship or line, it transforms after Thankgiving into a Christmas theme. Last year on RCCL Liberty of the Sea we had photos taken in front of the Christmas tree on our last formal night. My bet would you will see much the same on the Sillhouette. After all it is her first Holiday season!!!

DPNBP
November 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome Aboard Patti & Robert!
Dianne
Hi Everyone,

2SeaWithMe
November 1st, 2011, 02:43 PM
Before I trek through the 8 or 10 pages, just wanted to say Hi! Hello world!!

We just got power back about 20 minutes ago.

Seriously. It's been chilly living.I've, however, become quite skilled at making meals on the woodstove and doing all the pioneer things like melting snow in the water steamer and feeding the animals food that's defrosted. LOL...Ok, so that latter probably isn't that much of a pioneer skill.

I'm counting the minutes until I think the heat has run enough that I can take a shower! :eek: :eek: :eek:

All is well...chicken run was destroyed, but we didn't lose any of the big trees, just limbs. We had several exploded transformers locally. Dewey and I played twenty questions under blankets on the sofa in the dark. :D

emcee207
November 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
" Dewey and I played twenty questions under blankets on the sofa in the dark. :D[/quote]
"

Summer, a lot of things come to mind but I won't touch that one!!!;)

beachbuzzard
November 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome Patti and Robert - lots of Jersey folk in here (ourselves included). Of course, your first order of business is to read all 6800+ posts - then you can come back and post again once you've caught up!! ;) LOL, good luck with that!!

There are a few things going on in here if they interest you at all - I'll let Howard and Steve come in at some point this evening and get you up to date on all that stuff. They have all the info so I've just kind of lurked and occasionally posted. Let's just say there is plenty to do with the whole gang (which is very large, so don't feel alone if you don't know everyone's names - no one in here does!!).

I hadn't even thought of the Christmas decorations. I've been on a cruise over Thanksgiving before, but it ended a couple days after ( we were at sea for Thanksgiving) so they didn't have anything Christmas up. I could see the possibility here with us returning on 11/30.

Alex (& Kim - watch for Kimba1 - she posts too!).

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Latest Position of the Silhouette (the time stamp must be Atlantic Time Zone 1 zone east of NYC)
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/Latest.jpg

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone, I see you guys were very chatty again today.

Marge, love your Halloween story! You have some good neighbors to watch out for you like that. I'm sure you were happy to see your grandson.

Dianne, cute grandchildren. Grandkids are the best, aren't they?

We certainly are getting closer to cruising.

Alex, being busy will just make the time go by faster.

Patty

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Summer, I figured you were without power. Glad it's back on. Now we have to have Pam & Kevin's back on too. Hmmmm 20 questions! Your leaving yourself wide open for that one. Nice to have you back on the boards.

Patty

beachbuzzard
November 1st, 2011, 03:58 PM
A day late, but I just had to share this because it made me laugh!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/318366_212083452198130_127583850648091_512957_1902 734795_n.jpg

Alex

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 03:59 PM
A big welcome to Patty & Robert! We're from NJ too. Glad you can join us. Looks like Alex gave you some information you might need. Like he said, Howard and/or Steve will be on to give you the details.

Patty

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/318366_212083452198130_127583850648091_512957_1902 734795_n.jpg

Alex

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. LOL:rolleyes:

Just trying to get my 100 posts in. I want to be queen of posting. LOL

I'm taking the challenge that you gave me! Maybe I'll win a prize! Oh, were you offering one? LOL

Patty

Imagolfnut
November 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hi Patty & Robert - welcome to this bunch of "wild turkeys" !!

Yes, it was good to know that the neighbors keep a watchful eye!! My grandson is a great kid and the fact that he still likes to surprise his gram is just wonderful!! My granddaughter is special too - she got her driver's permit yesterday so she's on cloud 9!!

17 days to go - well, almost 16 !!! Now I'm starting to feel a little anxious. I always seem to get that way when I'm getting ready to go away. I love to travel and get really excited, but as the Good Witch said in the "Wizard of Oz," "there's no place like home." But, as soon as I set both feet on the Silhouette, all anxieties will vanish!! :) Can't wait.

Marge

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
"For those that have not yet done so and for all those that are new to this thread, please join us in some of the fun that we have going behind the scenes of this thread and the plans that we have when we get on the Silhouette. You can find details for our Roll Call, Website and Photo Gallery at post number 4587 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30406229&postcount=4587) of this thread. While you are at it, consider registering for the Celebrity Connections (https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do) party that will be on the ship after we sail where we can all get together and meet. Stay tuned as we get closer to the sailing. More details on some of the events on board will be coming soon.

If you are also interested, you can also get t-shirts and other items with a logo that was designed for our cruise. You can find the details at post 4297 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30250555&postcount=4297)."

Just click on the underlined links and you are there.

Imagolfnut
November 1st, 2011, 04:12 PM

Alex

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

2SeaWithMe
November 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
" Dewey and I played twenty questions under blankets on the sofa in the dark. :D
"

Summer, a lot of things come to mind but I won't touch that one!!!;)[/QUOTE]

Dirty mind!! I wasn't even thinking that way! LOL I just laughed so hard I startled the dogs.

We did learn....that we didn't know the rules to 20 questions. And there's no such thing as google when you have no power.

I had a supreme amount of satisfaction watching water come out of the faucet and flushing the toilet. I've been reading my kindle by candlelight. lol

We're going out for dinner to celebrate.

Welcome to the newcomers!

Becky, I cried when I read about your son! So sweet.

DPNBP
November 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Summer, glad your power was restored and your suvival skills came through. It's nice that you and Dewey got some quality & keeping warm time together. ;)

Seriously. It's been chilly living.I've, however, become quite skilled at making meals on the woodstove and doing all the pioneer things like melting snow in the water steamer and feeding the animals food that's defrosted. LOL...Ok, so that latter probably isn't that much of a pioneer skill.

I'm counting the minutes until I think the heat has run enough that I can take a shower! :eek: :eek: :eek:

All is well...chicken run was destroyed, but we didn't lose any of the big trees, just limbs. We had several exploded transformers locally. Dewey and I played twenty questions under blankets on the sofa in the dark. :D

beachbuzzard
November 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM

I'm taking the challenge that you gave me! Maybe I'll win a prize! Oh, were you offering one? LOL

Patty

Shhhhh. Carol might hear you. She is still trying for a toaster.

beachbuzzard
November 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Latest Position of the Silhouette (the time stamp must be Atlantic Time Zone 1 zone east of NYC)
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/Latest.jpg

I just looked out into the ocean from the Belmar webcam but don't see it yet. HAHA!!! What, you can't see half way across the ocean from shore??? ;)

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
I just looked out into the ocean from the Belmar webcam but don't see it yet. HAHA!!! What, you can't see half way across the ocean from shore??? ;)
She is due in Bayonne tomorrow morning at 3:00 AM. She is only a few hundred miles away.

Imagolfnut
November 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
she is due in bayonne tomorrow morning at 3:00 am. She is only a few hundred miles away.

yahoo, yippeeee, !!!

Host Corkey
November 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM

I am going for the gusto - toaster OVEN! --POOT POOT pooPOOT!!
taking me a while to get over the 20,000 mark - I guess I'm a yapper -- my new roll call will probably hit over 20,000 itself before we sail on 2/23/2013 cuz everyone is posting--- we are gabby there too - carol

RodPat
November 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Summer, I figured you were without power. Glad it's back on. Now we have to have Pam & Kevin's back on too. Hmmmm 20 questions! Your leaving yourself wide open for that one. Nice to have you back on the boards.

Patty

Just heard from Pam. She found a man from the electric company driving on her street. She stopped him and wanted to know why just down the street the electric was on but not for her and her neighbors. He was very nice and said he would go and see what was up. He found a branch on the wire had tripped a circuit breaker. Called the linemen and within 5 mins. she had electricity. Now she loves that fellow but hates the dumb electric company.:) Her van will be fixed by next week so that is fine also. She says she is drinking all the way to my house and all the way to the ship. Don't worry she is not driving.:) She is now cleaning her freezer of everything that didn't defrost and going to the store to restock.

Pat

RodPat
November 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM

Alex

Alex, I am so glad that I hate candy corn. That was disgusting, thanks for posting.;)

Pat

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 06:48 PM

LOL...........I think she already got the toaster. She's shooting for something bigger now!!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 06:50 PM
I am going for the gusto - toaster OVEN! --POOT POOT pooPOOT!!
taking me a while to get over the 20,000 mark - I guess I'm a yapper -- my new roll call will probably hit over 20,000 itself before we sail on 2/23/2013 cuz everyone is posting--- we are gabby there too - carol

Alex,

Hahahaha, see, I told you she was going for something bigger! :rolleyes:

Patty

jwb3843
November 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
I guess we can play it by ear... the Connections party is usually around 10, but one never knows for sure until we get the invite. We can either do it after the slot pull (which is to be after the party) or to make it easier we can always do it on the second sea day (day 3), if we can all wait of course. Generally I like to have lunch sometime around 12 or 1ish :)

After reading that menu, now it is a toss up... that Dulce de Leche one is calling out too... mmmmm wow.... that menu there is making me drool just thinking about all of those yummy concoctions!

LOL about the Nutella video. That was rather disgusting, however, still doesn't make me want to give up Nutella ;)

Becky, such a wonderful story and treat for you and you DIL! Praying for all our soldiers safe return and thank them immensely for their service!!

Pam, I hope you get your power back soon and that things start getting better. Sending warm wishes your way!

November! It's officially sailing month! Woo hoo and a birthday to boot. My brother keeps asking me what I want for my birthday. Since hubby was SOOO generous and bought me the new camera lens that I *really* wanted, I think I'm just gonna tell bro to just put some extra credit on my seapass card, we all know that won't go to waste :D

16 days before I leave for NY woo hoo! Will have to keep an eye on the weather, if it looks like there will be any issues, I might have to change Alfredo's flight and have him miss an extra day of work. Right now he's due in to EWR at 8:30 a.m. Friday... bad weather could make a singles cruise for me ;)
Playing it by ear is fine! I've never gone to one of the connections parties before, so I wasn't sure how long it would go. Waiting until after the Slot Pull is fine as well. I'm thinking we'll need more than one trip to Bistro on 5, so maybe we'll throw caution and calories to the wind and go both days! :)

SO glad to hear everyone has their electricity back! That's so stressful and you quickly realize how much you miss a hot shower!

Julie

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Just heard from Pam. She found a man from the electric company driving on her street. She stopped him and wanted to know why just down the street the electric was on but not for her and her neighbors. He was very nice and said he would go and see what was up. He found a branch on the wire had tripped a circuit breaker. Called the linemen and within 5 mins. she had electricity. Now she loves that fellow but hates the dumb electric company.:) Her van will be fixed by next week so that is fine also. She says she is drinking all the way to my house and all the way to the ship. Don't worry she is not driving.:) She is now cleaning her freezer of everything that didn't defrost and going to the store to restock.

Pat

Pat,

That's great news!!! So happy to hear that Pam's electric is back on......bet she's even happier than me! LOL Good thing she saw the guy from the electric company or else who knows when she would have gotten it back on. That's good news about the van too.

Patty

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Happy to hear you have power Pam!!!!

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks Alex, you are a real gentleman.:) Just glad I did not have to see what happened from Kevin's point of view.:eek: Did I say Rod did not try to help either. I think it was all he could not to laugh because he knew what I would say to him later.

Pat

There will be no shortage of laughter on this cruise!!!:p

Greensgirl
November 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM

It's pretty amazing what we can do...and do without when we have to. Happy all is well!

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Here's an update that I just saw............

The Silly won't be coming into port until around 5 am now. Evidently, they had to go off course a bit because of the weather and that's delayed them a few hours.

samkmm
November 1st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome Summer and Pam! Glad to hear that your electric is back. Pam good thing you saw the kind gentleman. That was so kind that he looked into it.

When we lost ours after Irene. There was a tree laying across our street. LIPA our Electric company wouldn't touch it because there was a tree. Town wouldn't touch it because there was a wire. So no electric for 3 days. Finally we got Steve's Fire Department to cut the tree up and off the road.

Summer did you ever find out what the rules are for 20 QUESTION'S??

Nice to see that Silly is almost here. Went on the link mentioned today. Enjoyed seeing it.

Kathy;)

pamkev
November 1st, 2011, 08:21 PM
We are back in business lights never looked so good as Pat told you if I would not have spotted that man it would have been days till we got it back on so many things came into play how it all came about was headed to a motel as I could not take the cold anymore dh said he was staying home as he wanted to be near the house so of course being the good wife that I am could not let him be cold by himself well I could have but didn't he went to work my stepson and I decided not to go out and eat instead make hot dogs on the grill then we went outside to eat as it was warmer than the house and low and behold in came the Met Ed guy of course no way was he was leaving without me getting to him first and sure enough branch on the wires which tripped the circuit breakers called his boss got the linemen there and 5 min later power was on and 87 families in our little village were celebrating, lights never looked so good:)

PS This same man kept telling the power company the whole village was out as he has friends that live here they Met Ed kept saying no we had power according to there comptures he finally got down to the area today to look for himself and the rest is history

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM
Carol, It's your Birthday (tomorrow) so lay back and relax!!! Take some time for yourself and have a great day!!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/garfield-childhood-memories-250719_1024_768.jpg

http://download.cnet.com/i/tim/2011/04/06/Foreman_11882602_7071_2.jpg

Love ya,

Patty & Tony

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 08:56 PM
We are back in business lights never looked so good as Pat told you if I would not have spotted that man it would have been days till we got it back on so many things came into play how it all came about was headed to a motel as I could not take the cold anymore dh said he was staying home as he wanted to be near the house so of course being the good wife that I am could not let him be cold by himself well I could have but didn't he went to work my stepson and I decided not to go out and eat instead make hot dogs on the grill then we went outside to eat as it was warmer than the house and low and behold in came the Met Ed guy of course no way was he was leaving without me getting to him first and sure enough branch on the wires which tripped the circuit breakers called his boss got the linemen there and 5 min later power was on and 87 families in our little village were celebrating, lights never looked so good:)

PS This same man kept telling the power company the whole village was out as he has friends that live here they Met Ed kept saying no we had power according to there comptures he finally got down to the area today to look for himself and the rest is history
It is times like this that I wonder how we would ever live without computers :rolleyes: It is a good thing you found that guy and that he did check it out. Real glad to hear that you got your power back and that the van is going to be fixed. Now relaxation is just a few short days away.

Summer, glad to see you back on line. I hope you got my check.

Ongoing updates to the photo gallery and there was a small addition to the web site on the Misc Links & Fun Stuff page (at the top).

Finally got some major packing done tonight, now I feel better, Almost all the clothes are done and the toiletries and misc stuff is next. Just 11 more work days.

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Carol, Happy Birthday tomorrow.....
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/garfieldbirthday.jpg

Howard & Sharon

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Here's the latest news on the Silly.

Real time data has the Silhouette

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At around 180 miles east of the central jersey coast. Looks like the 0500 pick up at he pilot station ( Ambrose Light) looks good at this time.

Host Corkey
November 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thanx Patty and Tony/ Howard and Sharon!!!

Love the Garfields! and Garfield loves me!!

I will have a good day tomorrow - already went out for dinner tonight for my Birthday Eve - just want to go out, him and me tomorrow - no party with the nieces/nephews like what we did 3 weeks ago for his birthday - only cuz I don't want to cook!! ha!ha!

Carol

bobby1119
November 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM
From marinetraffic.com

Celebrity Silhouette has just entered the tracking field.

The ship's position at 9:40 pm is due south/southeast of Montauk and due east of Seaside Heights.

Her speed is 23.2 knots and the heading is 270 degrees.

Her track is farther south of the usual track into New York at the end of a transatlantic crossing.

Hope she gets the traditional fireboat welcome. We'll all be saying hi to her and to one another very soon now!

Bobby;)

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Finally got some major packing done tonight, now I feel better, Almost all the clothes are done and the toiletries and misc stuff is next. Just 11 more work days.

Howard, You really packed all your clothes already?? Wow, you are organized. We'll be packing the week of.........well, gathering things but really never pack till the day before.....that's when the suitcases get filled.....LOL

Patty

DPNBP
November 1st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Since we have a Garfield theme going here, I thought I'd also wish Carol a Very Happy Birthday!
Dianne

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
Since we have a Garfield theme going here, I thought I'd also wish Carol a Very Happy Birthday!
Dianne

Hahaha.......Carol loves Garfield!!! LOL

Patty

RodPat
November 1st, 2011, 10:18 PM
There will be no shortage of laughter on this cruise!!!:p

I feel either you can cry or laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. I found a saying on these boards that I just love. It goes like this.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside completely used, totally worn out and screaming, "Wow, What a ride."

I try to live happily every day. I just go a little slower now but will never give up. Glad to make you smile.

Pat

2SeaWithMe
November 1st, 2011, 10:19 PM
Happy Belated Birthday to Dee and a Happy Birthday to Carol!

Howard, I sent you an email friday night. Got it! I have a bunch to deposit, oops. It was scary around here for a little bit.

Who thinks Celebrity should buy this so we can still cruise from the NE?

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/

Dewey and I will be in Bistro eating lunch on embarkation day. Great place to duck the crowds.

We apparently were playing some weird made up version of 20 questions...I used 'animal,vegetable, mineral' and apparently that's not allowed.

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 10:31 PM
Howard, You really packed all your clothes already?? Wow, you are organized. We'll be packing the week of.........well, gathering things but really never pack till the day before.....that's when the suitcases get filled.....LOL

Patty
I said we packed almost all the clothes. Everything that will not get wrinkled was done. The good stuff goes in the last minute. We do this so we can see if we still need anything and we still have time to go out to buy it.

kimba1
November 1st, 2011, 10:32 PM

Patty

Patty - you might want to check with Carol and find out how many posts you need for the toaster. Lol!

kimba1
November 1st, 2011, 10:33 PM
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Guess it's good I don't let Alex buy the candy!

kimba1
November 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM

PS This same man kept telling the power company the whole village was out as he has friends that live here they Met Ed kept saying no we had power according to there comptures he finally got down to the area today to look for himself and the rest is
history

Great news! Glad things are a little more positive today.

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I said we packed almost all the clothes. Everything that will not get wrinkled was done. The good stuff goes in the last minute. We do this so we can see if we still need anything and we still have time to go out to buy it.

If I started packing this early I would forget what I packed and I'd end up unpacking again to make sure I had everything. LOL. I'll start a little next week. I do have a few piles of things together.

hac82
November 1st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Happy Belated Birthday to Dee and a Happy Birthday to Carol!

Howard, I sent you an email friday night. Got it! I have a bunch to deposit, oops. It was scary around here for a little bit.

Who thinks Celebrity should buy this so we can still cruise from the NE?

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/

Dewey and I will be in Bistro eating lunch on embarkation day. Great place to duck the crowds.

We apparently were playing some weird made up version of 20 questions...I used 'animal,vegetable, mineral' and apparently that's not allowed.
Never got the e-mail, but as long as you got the check that is fine.

BTW, that link did not work. I got a message saying corrupted content and it could not display the site.

kimba1
November 1st, 2011, 10:42 PM
Happy Birthday carol! I hope Narce spoils you rotten like he should. Enjoy!

I have no clue how to post a Garfield so just close your eyes and pretend you see one.

Wahoo I have 601 posts I'll be catching you and Patty and getting my toaster in my next lifetime.

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 10:42 PM
Guess it's good I don't let Alex buy the candy!

That's a good thing! I don't even know if I can eat candy corn again!! LOL

beachbuddy
November 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM
Happy Birthday carol! I hope Narce spoils you rotten like he should. Enjoy!

I have no clue how to post a Garfield so just close your eyes and pretend you see one.

Wahoo I have 601 posts I'll be catching you and Patty and getting my toaster in my next lifetime.

Congrats!!!! You almost have enough for a can opener, or you can save your points and get the toaster. ;)

2SeaWithMe
November 1st, 2011, 10:50 PM
Never got the e-mail, but as long as you got the check that is fine.

BTW, that link did not work. I got a message saying corrupted content and it could not display the site.

Our technology seems to be at cross-purposes lately, lol. It's a government auction site, and it's a port in Connecticut. Just being a littly silly...I'm punch drunk on having internet access again!!

Our power went out while I was doing laundry and starting to lay out clothing. Starting over now. Our house looks like it was ransacked by burglars. There's boxes from the attic with our candle stands and camping items, paper plates, containers...I have my work cut out for me tomorrow to set everything to rights.

2SeaWithMe
November 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Forgot to say, I spied on the cruise websites that there is an open aqua cabin...if someone is booked in a cabin that they don't like the location, this isn't bad, it's 1621, closer to the middle, next to a CS. I contemplated it, but I'm lazy and already received my luggage tags.

Slessenb
November 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Carole, happy happy birthday to you and many hugs! Soon to be hugs in person..

bobby1119
November 2nd, 2011, 12:04 AM
From cruisett.com, which provides port traffic, timetables and passenger load data worldwide, following is what we can expect during the November 18th sailing.

Figure in parenthesis indicates number of passengers in port for the day. Ships in port are listed after the port load data.

With 5 ships in port with a load of 18,126 passengers, we have a very busy day in St. Maarten.

21-Nov Labadee, Haiti (http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=369&date=39)(2886) Silhouette

22-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico (http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=634&date=39)(6932) Silhouette, Norwegian Sun (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=11&date=39), Eurodam (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=91&date=39)

23-Nov Philipsburg, St. Martin (18,126) Silhouette, Adventure Of The Seas (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=16&date=39), Carnival Dream (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=39&date=39), Ruby Princess (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=128&date=39), Oasis Of The Seas (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=156&date=39)

24-Nov St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands (http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=669&date=39)(2886) Silhouette

25-Nov St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda (http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=714&date=39)(5966) Silhouette, Emerald Princess (http://cruisett.com/ships.php?ShipID=121&date=39)

26-Nov St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=620&date=39)(2886) Silhouette

The excitement builds!

Bobby

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 12:42 AM
Carol,

Have a Happy Happy Birthday. Make sure Narce treats you nice. No cooking, it's you birthday. I will give you your birthday kiss when I see you. Getting closer now.

Love you,
Pat

Slessenb
November 2nd, 2011, 01:11 AM
Blizzard warnings tonight and is already snowing.

pamkev
November 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM
Happy Birthday Carol:):)

pamkev
November 2nd, 2011, 06:15 AM

Please keep it out your way this time the east coast doesn't want it anymore:D

Hope you stay safe and sound

pamkev
November 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Summer,
Glad to see power is on and your back online again:)

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 06:49 AM

Oh no, not again!!!! Keep warm, dry and safe. Do me a favor........KEEP IT THERE!!!! Please don't send it our way again...........LOL See ya soon!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
I can't believe I just went to the NY Harbor webcam for the heck of it and our ship was just going under the bridge. Guess they were even later than expected but she's here now.

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 07:04 AM
I can't believe I just went to the NY Harbor webcam for the heck of it and our ship was just going under the bridge. Guess they were even later than expected but she's here now.
After I went to the site that Firelt5 had posted to see if she was docked, I saw she was approaching the bridge and quickly went to the cam site to see the back half sail past. What a beautiful sight with the bridge and the sunrise.

MikeKl
November 2nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
I captured the image on my iPad but I didn't think to do it until the last second but here she is for those who weren't awake

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6220/6305741102_56a71f9d5b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/6305741102/)
IMG_0009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/6305741102/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

jetsetdmw
November 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
I captured the image on my iPad but I didn't think to do it until the last second but here she is for those who weren't awake

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6220/6305741102_56a71f9d5b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/6305741102/)
IMG_0009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/6305741102/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

Gorgeous, thank you! Can't wait!

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
As our ship sailed under the bridge and turned into Bayonne, I have to wonder if any of the passengers caught a glimpse of the message that was left for us on the NYC Skyline to let us know that we will be in their place in just
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/16-2.jpg
short days from now.

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 07:28 AM

Sue, As everyone is saying Keep that bad weather out your way, don't send it here. Hope we all have good weather around the time we have to travel.

Pat

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 07:35 AM

Caught it also. She was later than expected but she is here. HOORAY.

Pat

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 07:43 AM
Here she is as she completes her turn and ready to back into the pier
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/SilhouetteBayonne.jpg

Greensgirl
November 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
How exciting it is to know our ship has arrived in NJ! Loved the count down shot!!! There is something very special and exciting about sailing past the Statue of Liberty. Mike and I always set our alarms to be sure not to miss her when ever we sail into the harbor. I can't wait to read the reviews from the folks on the TA. Hope they had a wonderful sailing! Can't believe we have just over two weeks to go. So much to do and so little time!!!

CNBC @ 9:30 EST Celebrity's CEO Will be ringing the bell at the NY Stock Exchange. Maybe we will catch a peek or two of the Silhouette as well??

We got more snow last night. It is still dark out but I would guess we got about the same as last storm
(6 in.) or it has drifted to look like that much. We got a lot of wind so it may not be that much? It did however stick on the roads so it will be a messy commute.:( :mad: Happy we are working from home this week and can stay inside. Sue hope you guys don't have to rush out too early this morning and can wait for the roads to be cleared.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it fizzles out before it has a chance to dump on any of you...I know some are just now getting power from the last storm and I'd hate for you to get hit hard again. I keep thinking if we get it now we won't be dealing with it as we all head to NJ. I'm working hard to create good karma...;)

Good Wed. to all!

Craftdee2
November 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
The pictures are beautiful of our new home away from home arriving today.

Wonder when they'll have the fire boats out. Maybe when she leaves tonight? Thought one of the morning shows would feature the ship. Keep clicking channels, but haven't seen anything yet.

Greensgirl
November 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
I feel either you can cry or laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. I found a saying on these boards that I just love. It goes like this.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside completely used, totally worn out and screaming, "Wow, What a ride."

I try to live happily every day. I just go a little slower now but will never give up. Glad to make you smile.

Pat

I love it and such a great way to view life!! I think the fun spirit of this group is special and although Mike and I are really looking forward to some much needed quiet down time, we are so happy to know we will have new friends to share some fun times with! Can't wait to meet you for some laughs!!

Greensgirl
November 2nd, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thanx Patty and Tony/ Howard and Sharon!!!

Love the Garfields! and Garfield loves me!!

I will have a good day tomorrow - already went out for dinner tonight for my Birthday Eve - just want to go out, him and me tomorrow - no party with the nieces/nephews like what we did 3 weeks ago for his birthday - only cuz I don't want to cook!! ha!ha!

Carol

Carol, hope you have a special day...and if I missed anyone who had a birthday this past week...Cheers to you as well. I try to stay on top of it all but the posts just keep coming! We're not excited or anything:D

beachbuzzard
November 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Carol!!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/7.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/9.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/18.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/25.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/14.gif

Have a great day!!! Alex

JonnyGUofD
November 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Another View . . . .

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321664_2315064669052_1022494694_32246345_949799114 _n.jpg

beachbuzzard
November 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Howard, I was kidding about the webcam. I didn't even look!! LOL!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs8/6.gif

Nice to see "our" ship here in NJ this morning. Now it has it's 2 little two-day cruises, then the first 12-nighter, the US!! WOOT!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/clapping/4.gif

jwb3843
November 2nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
Thank you for capturing Silhouette's arrival for all of us not living close enough to see it for ourselves!! Hard not to get excited when we'll be on our way shortly!!

Julie

Cruisemate1974
November 2nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Another View . . . .

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/321664_2315064669052_1022494694_32246345_949799114 _n.jpg

So beautiful! Now it's even more real! Just over 2 short weeks!!

Happy birthday Carol! Make it a good one!

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Howard, I was kidding about the webcam. I didn't even look!! LOL!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs8/6.gif

:rolleyes:;):D That is 1 for Alex.

Imagolfnut
November 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
What a beautiful shot of our ship coming to the U.S. It couldn't have been more perfect - sailing under the Verrazano at sunrise! It gave me goosebumps!! Welcome home "Silly"!!

Glad all of you have your power finally restored. Becky - pleeeeez keep the snow out your way. We don' want it til at least January!!

Happy Birthday Carol and anyone else who celebrated this week. We've grown into such a big group, just can't keep up with everyone anymore!!

I'm counting the days - have some things packed and most everything else hanging in the closet ready to go. Still need to eliminate a few things. ;)
Marge

beachbuzzard
November 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
Gee, what do I have packed so far???

Oh yeah. Nothing. I know I won't start packing till a few days before. That's how I roll. http://bestsmileys.com/flipping/2.gif

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Anyone else doing some last minute shopping!?

I've been checking out picking up a few more hats....well apparently, the popularity of a certain British royal has made the stores I normally frequent on Etsy surge out of my price range. Something I used to pay $20 to $50 for is now $200. Guess I need to find some new suppliers!

Darn it, I was wearing hats first! LOL

My productiveness ground to a halt when we got internet back. I need to go run errands today but the lure is very strong. :D

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
If anyone wants to see the Silhouette at the dock. The NY harbor webcam is looking right at her. I am almost there in my mind.

Pat

samkmm
November 2nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Happy Birthday Carol!! Did you get to see the results from DWTS? I heard you were out Celebrating a bit early! Disappointed but wait to hear from you first!haha

So good to see the Ship this morning arriving. Can't wait. Actually went shopping yesterday. Got a Cocktail Dress...with not seeing that well I didn't see that some beads were missing. Sorry that the girl didn't see them either.. Now I have to go out and return and look again. DARN!!! Nothing packed but tried on somethings this morning...

Please try to keep that snow away from us. I'm so cold already and that just makes it worse.

Kathy

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I'm going to try to make sure my formal wear might be able to leave me 'torture chamber device free' if you girls know what I mean. :D

Something horrible happened...they think I'm allergic to gluten!!!

I'll be sad if I can't have a croissant onboard.

DPNBP
November 2nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
OMG Summer, What happened??? I hope it's not serious and cause to to make a return trip to the hospital. You have to stay healthy for at least a month!!!
Dianne
I'm going to try to make sure my formal wear might be able to leave me 'torture chamber device free' if you girls know what I mean. :D

MikeKl
November 2nd, 2011, 01:00 PM
What time does boarding start on Friday the 18th and when is the latest we can arrive safely?? I have to work on Friday morning and I want to leave plenty of time to get to the port

DPNBP
November 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
YAY! I can see our stateroom!!!!!! :D :) ;) http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/49192/2922233630083315880S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2922233630083315880IzEmpe)

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Gee, what do I have packed so far???

Oh yeah. Nothing. I know I won't start packing till a few days before. That's how I roll. http://bestsmileys.com/flipping/2.gif

Come on- I know you have your Wild Turkey shirt ready.

jwb3843
November 2nd, 2011, 01:18 PM

Summer ~ I hope this won't hinder your crepe consumption!! That would be truly tragic! Can they run any further tests to be certain before you go?

Julie

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Kathy, I wasn't happy with DWS results either. Sorry about your dress having missing beads.

Summer, what kind of hats do you buy? I'm good with a baseball cap. LOL

beachbuzzard
November 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
Come on- I know you have your Wild Turkey shirt ready.

I don't even know where my Wild Turkey shirt is. I don't even know what suitcase I'm using. I don't even have a suit yet. I haven't gone and tried on bathing suits to make sure they fit alright and aren't sliding off my butt! I haven't made a list yet. I haven't (other then the Wild Turkey shirt that Kim ordered) purchased a single item for this cruise.

Appears to me I'm just gonna wing it last minute!!! WOOHOO!!!

Alex

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
What time does boarding start on Friday the 18th and when is the latest we can arrive safely?? I have to work on Friday morning and I want to leave plenty of time to get to the port

They generally start boarding between 10am and 11am. I'm trying to remember our departure time...6pm? Generally they stop boarding by 4pm because of issues sending a final list to homeland security. I wouldn't try much past 2 or 3 personally unless you love standing in line. I've boarded that late twice, and never ever again.

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Oh gosh, nothing serious you guys!! Thanks for your concern though. No, nothing to do with the McArdles. My doctor thought about it last year (I have a birch allergy, so mostly fruit & bananas) but I have such a wacky diet due to the other, it was hard to phase out the few 'easy' carbs I'm allowed to have.

When I was in the hospital, doc brought it up again, and I stopped eating wheat and refined carbs at all, and did that about...2 weeks? Maybe longer. But when the electricity went out we were just eating 'easy' food. We tend not to keep a lot of processed food around, but probably every house in america has a bag of chicken in their fridge that's pre-cooked. Sandwiches, stuff like that.

I broke out in hives EVERYWHERE. My face looks like I have rosacea. I'm just hoping I can get rid of it before the cruise. I'd had to be red AND chubby.

I'll probably just bring benadryll and see if I can cheat. I'm seriously considering putting aveeno in the hot tub. (remember that stuff!?)

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
\

Summer, what kind of hats do you buy? I'm good with a baseball cap. LOL

I wear everything! I like big beach hats or fascinators and teardrops. Vintagey-looking things.

I headcover, so I just kind of use that as a fun way to do that when dressing up but still kind of giving a nod to my (personal) beliefs.

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
They generally start boarding between 10am and 11am. I'm trying to remember our departure time...6pm? Generally they stop boarding by 4pm because of issues sending a final list to homeland security. I wouldn't try much past 2 or 3 personally unless you love standing in line. I've boarded that late twice, and never ever again.
I think you are correct on the boarding time, but I think we are sailing at 5:00. CBT, if I am correct wants the manifest closed 90 minutes before sailing. It might be 60 minutes, but why cut it that close. Personally I would not want to be at the pier any later than 2:00 to allow for any delays in line, etc. I think 3:00 would really be cutting it close.

BTW, what time is the bus getting us there?

2SeaWithMe
November 2nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
It's picking us up at 10:00 am. :)

Host Corkey
November 2nd, 2011, 02:58 PM
Thank You EVERYONE for all the birthday wishes -
i am having a great day and also yesterday - oh heck, I celebrate all month --- I am having a fun time at the Garfield party that you all have set up for me!!!

I am so happy that I haven't even thought of another year added to my already long long life!! and that's good - all I do is smile and for forget that I am an old old fart now - in Pat lingo, poot poot!!

Thanx again all you Silhouette ShipMates - beautiful ship, ain't she! thanx for the pics - nothing like a brand new ship -

Carol

Host Corkey
November 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM
Kathy and all you DWTS Groupies --

I was very disappointed last night with the results - I was hoping HOPE or Nancy would leave - David has been very good compared to these two, and also better than Rob - geeze..........what are people thinking?! David is not that great but much better than the two ladies.

I was even predicting that David would come in 3rd place -

Carol

Greensgirl
November 2nd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Watching a live feed from the Silhouette. The CEO is answering questions! Hope we will get to see some live shots of the ship as well!!

www.livestream.com/celebritycruiseslive (http://www.livestream.com/celebritycruiseslive)

catsdinner
November 2nd, 2011, 03:29 PM
I'm sure this is a stupid question to all of you who live in NJ and/or NY but do we have to pass by the Statue of Liberty to get out of Cape Liberty? Loved the pictures of our ship coming into port.

We haven't started packing yet.

Sarah

hac82
November 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
I'm sure this is a stupid question to all of you who live in NJ and/or NY but do we have to pass by the Statue of Liberty to get out of Cape Liberty? Loved the pictures of our ship coming into port.

We haven't started packing yet.

Sarah
Well, yes and no. The pier is south of the "Lady" but if Silhouette is pointing bow out when you board, you can be on the port side of the ship as you leave the pier and see the Lady in the distance (this means if she is bow in, you have to be on the starboard side).

If you left from Manhattan or Brooklyn you would sail much closer to her.

atog254
November 2nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
No but we will! As we leave the port the Lady will be on the port side of the ship - Left side facing the bow or forward! :D

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
I see Silhouette is still docked in Bayonne. I knew she would never be ready by 5. I keep checking to see her leave. that ny harbor cam is really nice.

Pat

beachlovergirl
November 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL! Hope you had a great day! We'll see you soon.....

:)
Dee and John

beachlovergirl
November 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
I see Silhouette is still docked in Bayonne. I knew she would never be ready by 5. I keep checking to see her leave. that ny harbor cam is really nice.

Pat

Pat, I just checked and she's gone.

Dee

mdv31616
November 2nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Did anyone see her leave? Awesome. We are on the Nov 18 sailing. I'm so excited.. and I just can't hide it.. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! :p

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
I don't even know where my Wild Turkey shirt is. I don't even know what suitcase I'm using. I don't even have a suit yet. I haven't gone and tried on bathing suits to make sure they fit alright and aren't sliding off my butt! I haven't made a list yet. I haven't (other then the Wild Turkey shirt that Kim ordered) purchased a single item for this cruise.

Appears to me I'm just gonna wing it last minute!!! WOOHOO!!!

Alex

LOL................ geez, your even worse than us!! LOL

beachbuzzard
November 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
You know, I wish I could bring almost nothing. Maybe three pairs of shorts, three bathing suits, four or five tees, a few undies (i could just bathe in the pool with them on to wash 'em!!), some toiletries and my CPAP. Oh - and of course golf clubs. :D

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
You know, I wish I could bring almost nothing. Maybe three pairs of shorts, three bathing suits, four or five tees, a few undies (i could just bathe in the pool with them on to wash 'em!!), some toiletries and my CPAP. Oh - and of course golf clubs. :D

That'll work!!! Although you might look odd with Kim in her formal wear and you in your shorts or bathing suit..........LOL Oh yeah, don't forget the golf clubs!! LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
YAY! I can see our stateroom!!!!!! :D :) ;) http://inlinethumb41.webshots.com/49192/2922233630083315880S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2922233630083315880IzEmpe)

Hahahah........I can see mine too! It's the 2nd to the last one on the left before the picture is cut off........LOL

Sue, you can't see your cabin but I know it's 1 away from mine............LOL Yours missed the picture by ONE cabin!!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Kathy and all you DWTS Groupies --

I was very disappointed last night with the results - I was hoping HOPE or Nancy would leave - David has been very good compared to these two, and also better than Rob - geeze..........what are people thinking?! David is not that great but much better than the two ladies.

I was even predicting that David would come in 3rd place -

Carol

I agree..........I was hoping that Nancy left or Hope. I actually thought Nancy's dance was horrible!!!! I didn't even know it was supposed to be a jive!!! LOL

Patty

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hahahah........I can see mine too! It's the 2nd to the last one on the left before the picture is cut off........LOL

Sue, you can't see your cabin but I know it's 1 away from mine............LOL Yours missed the picture by ONE cabin!!

Patty

I can see mine also. It is up on top tucked under the overhang. Rod loves that as he never sits it the sun. Elaine and I were almost in the same spot in April. We sat out all the time drinking wine.:)

Pat

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM

Alex, go out and buy yourself a new pair of pants. Wear them at least at night. You have lost weight and we don't want your pants falling down and letting us see your dirty undies.:D You don't want to look like that man you took the picture of in his undies. I must say I don't think the pool made them any cleaner.:eek:

Pat

Craftdee2
November 2nd, 2011, 09:55 PM
DWTS can you believe it? What gives? Nancy has got to go!

I can see our cabin too! First balcony, highest deck above the bridge. We can slide right into the Relaxation Lounge. I see I won't have any trouble steering with the captain. Looks like I could almost stand on the bridge from the balcony.

Saw the CEO Livestream today too. He sat in his suite and answered questions. He couldn't get up & walk us around??? Thought we'd get a peek.

Diane

mjwcruising
November 2nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
nothing like a brand new ship - Carol

I second that!!! We sailed on the Constellation in 2003 when it was about 6 months old....she was beautiful. Sailed on her again in 2007....she was definitely showing wear and tear.
Now we prefer ships that are 3 years old or newer. We will be trying the Summit next fall but we are hoping she will be in great shape because she is being solsticized this winter.

I can see our cabin too! First balcony, highest deck above the bridge. We can slide right into the Relaxation Lounge. I see I won't have any trouble steering with the captain. Looks like I could almost stand on the bridge from the balcony.
Diane

I can see our cabin also.:D Highest deck about half way back on the first section!
I have lots of things going on the next few days, but after Sunday I can concentrate on getting everything staged in the guest room for packing. For me this is really cutting it close.:eek:

Mary

kimba1
November 2nd, 2011, 11:31 PM
Alex, go out and buy yourself a new pair of pants. Wear them at least at night. You have lost weight and we don't want your pants falling down and letting us see your dirty undies.:D You don't want to look like that man you took the picture of in his undies. I must say I don't think the pool made them any cleaner.:eek:

Pat

Don't worry I'm sure Alex will be properly packed before the car comes. We went shopping for a new suit tonight with no success. I may go tomorrow and just buy something that we can take to the tailor for adjustments - gotta get that done. Alex hates to shop and I like to make sure we are finding the best option so this will be fun.

RodPat
November 2nd, 2011, 11:46 PM
Don't worry I'm sure Alex will be properly packed before the car comes. We went shopping for a new suit tonight with no success. I may go tomorrow and just buy something that we can take to the tailor for adjustments - gotta get that done. Alex hates to shop and I like to make sure we are finding the best option so this will be fun.

Kim, Guys just shop different than women. Rod will shop for himself but if he wants a certain color shirt, he goes to where the shirts are, finds his size and buys it and leaves. I have to look at everything just in case something is on sale or I find something better and then I might buy something that day or will shop somemore somewhere else. I am not really worried about Alex's clothes. He always looks nice.

Pat

CrabbyHarper
November 3rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
There is a very touching monument on the pier commemorating 9/11 as we sail out of Bayonne. It was given to the US by the Russian people. It is a large tear drop inside a damaged brick wall. I think it will be on the starboard side as we leave Bayonne.

Not sure how well we will see Lady Liberty because it will be dark by 5 pm.

Pack? Are you folks serious? I won't even start to think about it until around Nov 15! We are very light packers. Passports, credit cards, pills and toothbrushes and we are fine. :rolleyes: