PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette November 18 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

caribbean1004
November 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Where did you move to? I'm one away from the front so I'm considering grabbing your cabin. lol

it would be closer to the dining room so I'm just not sure. I walk slow. Dewey might get a kick out of watching people on the bridge...

Moved from 1645 to 1627. It's a little closer to the stairs/center, so that's why we changed. Although I realized that the bed location is probably different - which doesn't bother us too much, so oh well. Hopefully 1645 works better for you :)

2SeaWithMe
November 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
You're by the better elevators back there too.

On the fence...lol

If anyone else here really wants it I won't care

There's another couple that switched at the price drop and I think they have the one right next to the bridge.

nycmode
November 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Moved from 1645 to 1627. It's a little closer to the stairs/center, so that's why we changed. Although I realized that the bed location is probably different - which doesn't bother us too much, so oh well. Hopefully 1645 works better for you :)

We are at 1665, will be a nice long walk to the aft suite. At least it's a nice way to walk off the buffet! :D

hw
November 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Our cabin assignment showed up on C's website this morning. We are in 2153. Nice placement for the suite guarantee. We are aware of the noise issues from the deck above but hopefully it won't be a big deal. Will bring ear plugs just in case. We noticed that 1245 disappeared rather quickly. Hope someone is happy. Too late for luggage tags so we'll get them at the pier.

Mike, were you on the Hurricane Irene CB cruise to New England/Canada?

Helen

2SeaWithMe
November 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Our cabin assignment showed up on C's website this morning. We are in 2153. Nice placement for the suite guarantee. We are aware of the noise issues from the deck above but hopefully it won't be a big deal. Will bring ear plugs just in case. We noticed that 1245 disappeared rather quickly. Hope someone is happy. Too late for luggage tags so we'll get them at the pier.

Helen

You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that suite!! We had the identical one on Eclipse and it was fabulous. We did a suite guarantee but wasn't a fan of our assignment and they let us move into AQ instead.

You will get some noise early with them hosing soot off of the rear of the outside buffet...actually, they enclosed it now. So you probably won't get that noise. Some mild chair scraping around lunch time. And it could be pouring but you would be able to sit on your balcony. Very sheltered. There's a thread on the main board from Friday or Saturday titled "murano/tuscan grill menus' we got off topic talking about aft corners and I posted pictures on that thread of the balcony.

I'm only a little jealous...lol :D

2SeaWithMe
November 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Here's the link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1510799

hw
November 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Wow! Now we are really excited! Thanks for the link to the pics. Also enjoyed reading the menus. Can't wait to finish packing.

Helen

MikeKl
November 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Helen

I was on that cruise!!! I don't recognize your screen name, did we meet?

hw
November 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Recognized your screen name from the roll call. We chickened out because of the hurricane. Glad we did because we had some minor damage and were able to take care of things right away. We heard that the cruise turned out to be a good one after you got through the rough seas. Really looking forward to this one!

2SeaWithMe
November 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I am going to try to stop procrastinating right now. LOL I've spent a good part of the day split between the internet and wandering around outside because it's so nice & warm.

nycmode
November 14th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I am going to try to stop procrastinating right now. LOL I've spent a good part of the day split between the internet and wandering around outside because it's so nice & warm.

The weather is crazy good today. A nice little precursor to what we'll see on our trip :D

MikeKl
November 14th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Recognized your screen name from the roll call. We chickened out because of the hurricane. Glad we did because we had some minor damage and were able to take care of things right away. We heard that the cruise turned out to be a good one after you got through the rough seas. Really looking forward to this one!

Yeah, after the rough seas of the 1st night and day, it was a great cruise!!

MikeKl
November 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM

I think I am going to procrastinate a bit longer, I am way too tired to start thinking about packing; I think tomorrow will be better.........if not maybe Wednesday........

beachbuddy
November 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
thank you !!

Thanks Summer. That's probably what it is.

Kim, ok. You can tell you 2 are newlyweds..........LOL

beachbuddy
November 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Patty - I'll take them (and give you $)...so please bring them for me. I went to buy them but bought something real shallow that I'm not sure will work

Kim, I'm sure I'll have extras. I don't want money for them you crazy lady!!

Patty

beachbuzzard
November 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
NAME TAG UPDATE

Below is the updated list, with newest additions in red. Again, if you are not on the list but requested tags or if you would like name tags, there is still time for me to print them - so let me know.

PLEASE REMEMBER: I AM ONLY PROVIDING A PRINTED PIECE OF PAPER THAT IS 2-3/4" X 4" - YOU WILL NEED YOUR OWN TAG HOLDER OR LANYARD TO DISPLAY THEM.

EMAILED PDF
hac82: Howard & Sharon (also sent to Howard: beachlovergirl, Greensgirl & Slessenb -- all of these I also have a printed copy that I will bring as a backup).
DPNBP: Dianne & Bruce
Imagolfnut: Marge (also sent to Marge: nickihalfpint)
craftdee2: Diane & Mike
goodrichgirl: Phyllis & Dennis
jwb3843: Julie & David (also sent to Julie: clm1348)
Cruisemate1974: Valerie & Alfredo
mjwcruising: Mary & John (also sent to Mary: peter2shea)
cubfan65: John & Deanna
samkmm: Kathy & Steve
Firedog001: Marty & Lynda
atog254: Steve & gang
SpiderOfTheSeas: Jeff & Annette
margeg: Marge & Tony
Cruisereader: Ben & Mary Ann
4everAfamily: Kristen, Brian & Bradden

PRINTED AND I WILL HAVE ON BOARD:
myjillian: Linda & Richard
wolfie10: Margaret & Barry
loosygoosy: Linda & Gary
RODPAT: Pat & Rod
elainecruise: Elaine & John
pamkev: Pam & Kevin
Catsdinner: Sarah & Berkley
2SeaWithMe: Summer & Dewey
Divawright: Georgia & Alan
CrabbyHarper: Gerry & Barry
In addition, as mentioned above I have extra copies of:
hac82: Howard & Sharon
beachlovergirl: Dee & John
Greensgirl: Becky & Mike
Slessenb: Sue & Jim

beachbuzzard
November 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Our friend Rick that cruised with us in 2007 started this thread and it ultimately turned out he couldn't make it on this cruise. But I was just looking at the first few pages of the thread and found this post by him that he made on April 14 - of 2010!!!! What an awesome prediction!! I think Carol should have to give Rick one of her toasters for being so close!!

With this group, it will be approach 8000. We've had killer threads before. Just wait and see

http://bestsmileys.com/signs7/23.gif

BTW, the day we booked the cruise we only had a "few" days to go...

Just so no one loses count, only 583 days until we sail. LOL... that is a long time. But it will get here eventually, don't worry!

Alex

Imagolfnut
November 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
OK - got almost everything into the suitcase except the formal wear. It looks like one suitcase and my expandable carry-on will do the trick!!! yahooo :D !! Will also have my backpack for meds, cameras, sunglasses, documents, etc. I think I can even managed to bring my sweats for those cool days onboard!!

Bowled today but not very well - think I'm in vacation mode and wasn't very focused!! Also took all my golf stuff out of my car - don't think it will get used anymore this season!

Val - the sweatshirt I had gotten from CafePress was also very large, but I managed to wash it and dry it and it shrunk enough to be comfortable.

Got my nametags printed out and in the lanyards and got my shotglass beads - I think I'm almost ready!! :)
MargeB

pamkev
November 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Pat and Rod have started the party already. Elaine and John are in from Ca and they picked them up at Newark Delta most of know Elaine needed to start partying as there flight was over a hour EARLY

Pam

MikeKl
November 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
NAME TAG UPDATE

Below is the updated list, with newest additions in red. Again, if you are not on the list but requested tags or if you would like name tags, there is still time for me to print them - so let me know.

Can you send me a PDF File; I am trying to print it on an Avery Label so I can just stick it on me!!

MikeKl: Michael & Elissa

MikeKl
November 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Our friend Rick that cruised with us in 2007 started this thread and it ultimately turned out he couldn't make it on this cruise. But I was just looking at the first few pages of the thread and found this post by him that he made on April 14 - of 2010!!!! What an awesome prediction!! I think Carol should have to give Rick one of her toasters for being so close!!

http://bestsmileys.com/signs7/23.gif

BTW, the day we booked the cruise we only had a "few" days to go...

Alex

8000 will be a challenge by Friday but I am sure we will exceed it after the cruise!!

atog254
November 14th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Weds. evening after 6 pm, I will be sending out the final updated Roll Call to all listed members!

Included with be a Drink Package Evaluator, List of scheduled events, "The Challenge", Itinerary with list of other ships in port with the Silhouette and in port times, and the Wild Turkeys Slot Pull Rules.

IF you have just joined us :confused: and want to be part of our fun, please contact me at the following: atog254 at comcast dot net

Also, Howard has been keeping a website and photo album for the "Wild Turkeys" and he can be contacted as follows: hac82 at yahoo dot com

This is the LAST CALL if you want to join in on the fun! :eek:

C U N 4 !

Greensgirl
November 14th, 2011, 07:40 PM
my recommendation is put it in the hotest water your washer has and then dry it on high heat. Mine got much smaller or i got bigger.:d don't put it in cold water, that kind of shrinkage only works on men.:d

pat

too funny!!!

Cruisemate1974
November 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
OK - got almost everything into the suitcase except the formal wear. It looks like one suitcase and my expandable carry-on will do the trick!!! yahooo :D !! Will also have my backpack for meds, cameras, sunglasses, documents, etc. I think I can even managed to bring my sweats for those cool days onboard!!

Bowled today but not very well - think I'm in vacation mode and wasn't very focused!! Also took all my golf stuff out of my car - don't think it will get used anymore this season!

Val - the sweatshirt I had gotten from CafePress was also very large, but I managed to wash it and dry it and it shrunk enough to be comfortable.

Got my nametags printed out and in the lanyards and got my shotglass beads - I think I'm almost ready!! :)
MargeB

Woo hoo... all packing is DONE. now I just need to move some stuff around thanks to that 50lb airline restriction. Blech.

Thanks to everyone's suggestion about the shirts. I tried shrinking the shirts with really hot wash and hot dry, but even still, both the long sleeve and short sleeve look ridiculous... I *might* attempt to wear the shortsleeve as that one doesn't look quite as silly if I put a long sleeve shirt under it, but we'll see :)

Off to dinner and the W. Good luck to the rest of you packing tonight and tomorrow :D. Will check in with everyone tomorrow afternoon. YAY only 4 days!!!!! Can't wait to meet/see everyone!

2SeaWithMe
November 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Woo hoo... all packing is DONE. now I just need to move some stuff around thanks to that 50lb airline restriction. Blech.

Thanks to everyone's suggestion about the shirts. I tried shrinking the shirts with really hot wash and hot dry, but even still, both the long sleeve and short sleeve look ridiculous... I *might* attempt to wear the shortsleeve as that one doesn't look quite as silly if I put a long sleeve shirt under it, but we'll see :)

Off to dinner and the W. Good luck to the rest of you packing tonight and tomorrow :D. Will check in with everyone tomorrow afternoon. YAY only 4 days!!!!! Can't wait to meet/see everyone!

Have a good time! I have a feeling by the end of the trip, you'll want a big comfy t-shirt with maybe a long sleeve t-shirt underneath to just be relaxed in.

I tend to never pack t-shirts...I usually only wear them at home, and pack resort wear type things, business casual, and than by the end of the cruise I'm wishing I had something comfy to throw on just to wander around in..so I'm trying to be mindful of that and pack a few outfits for lounging.

Greensgirl
November 14th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Today strated off not so great. I got to the dentist to get my implant finished and the lab sent the wrong post...they are over nighting the correct one (I HOPE) so I will get my crown tomorrow!! Moved my nails and pedi up to today so that is done and I picked up the cleaning. The best news is we have most of our packing done, yes even Mike!!! Last minute stuff still needs to be packed but otherwise we are in pretty good shape in that department. I'll get my hair cut and colored tomorrow and Mikes just cut. Hopefully I can get the house cleaned tomorrow afternoon. Friends are taking me for an early birthday "something" tomorrow night :confused:!! My guess is it will be dinner DT so it should be great fun!
Kim, a 583 day countdown is a long time to wait...bet you are happy it's almost here!!! Diane, the wedding sounded amazing, glad you all had a wonderful time.
Off to DWTS...Hope or Rob:confused:
Have a good night all...

beachbuzzard
November 14th, 2011, 08:18 PM
8000 will be a challenge by Friday but I am sure we will exceed it after the cruise!!

Well, we're averaging about 100 per day for the past week, so its gonna be close!! And I was just more amazed that his prediction was so close 18 months ago!

No prob on the tags - I will send you a pdf tomorrow - I do them from my work computer.

Alex

kimba1
November 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM
So far my only preparation has been to bring my cats over to my parents house. I haven't done laundry, taken out the suitcases or even thought of packing yet!!

I'm with you Mike. We were hoping to pack tonight but we are laying in bed watching tv. Alex on his laptop me on my iPad. Guess we have to get moving.

beachbuddy
November 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I'm with you Mike. We were hoping to pack tonight but we are laying in bed watching tv. Alex on his laptop me on my iPad. Guess we have to get moving.

Get out of that #$@@@##@@#$% bed and go pack!! LOL You'll feel better once you do it!! LOL

I really think I took to much and I'll never wear half of what I took but I'm not about to take everything out and repack!! Everything is going to be one big wrinkled mess!!!!! Wish I had a steamer to bring or is that a "No No" too?

Patty

jwb3843
November 14th, 2011, 08:45 PM
You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE that suite!! We had the identical one on Eclipse and it was fabulous. We did a suite guarantee but wasn't a fan of our assignment and they let us move into AQ instead.

You will get some noise early with them hosing soot off of the rear of the outside buffet...actually, they enclosed it now. So you probably won't get that noise. Some mild chair scraping around lunch time. And it could be pouring but you would be able to sit on your balcony. Very sheltered. There's a thread on the main board from Friday or Saturday titled "murano/tuscan grill menus' we got off topic talking about aft corners and I posted pictures on that thread of the balcony.

I'm only a little jealous...lol :D
Summer ~ Can you fill me in on how you check what cabins are available? I see so many comments about that, but haven't a clue where to look! We're not interested in switching this cruise because we're side-by-side with our friends, but for future cruises that might come in handy! And when you check prices, are you just looking at the prices that Celebrity posts on their site or other travel sites as well?

Thanks!

Julie

kimba1
November 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Get out of that #$@@@##@@#$% bed and go pack!! LOL You'll feel better once you do it!! LOL

I really think I took to much and I'll never wear half of what I took but I'm not about to take everything out and repack!! Everything is going to be one big wrinkled mess!!!!! Wish I had a steamer to bring or is that a "No No" too?

Patty

I have a little Rowenta travel iron that is awesome. I also have a small steamer. Haven't decided which I will bring cause they are both a no no but I usually bring my iron for touchups. You're welcome to borrow it if u need it.

Alright we are going to get bins out now.

beachbuddy
November 14th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I have a little Rowenta travel iron that is awesome. I also have a small steamer. Haven't decided which I will bring cause they are both a no no but I usually bring my iron for touchups. You're welcome to borrow it if u need it.

Okay, great! If I need one I know where I can get it...........LOL Did you ever use Downy Wrinkle Guard? It really does help get wrinkles out. We usually spray it on Tony's shirts that get wrinkled and then just hang them in the cabin until they dry. Now go get to those bins!!! :D

mjwcruising
November 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Kim,

Have you taken an iron or steamer on Celebrity ships and got it thru security? I have never tried because of it being a no no. I wouldn't mind taking a travel iron but I wouldn't want it to be taken and not returned.

I have a regular size Rowenta and really like it. Which Rowenta travel iron do you have?

Mary

beachbuddy
November 14th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Kim,

Have you taken an iron or steamer on Celebrity ships and got it thru security? I have never tried because of it being a no no. I wouldn't mind taking a travel iron but I wouldn't want it to be taken and not returned.

I have a regular size Rowenta and really like it. Which Rowenta travel iron do you have?

Mary

Mary,

I love Rowenta irons! That's all I use. I have taken a travel iron on a couple of RCCL ships and never got stopped by security.

Patty

Cruisin' Forever!
November 14th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hello Roll Call members for the November 18th sailing! This is Paul- my wife and I will be going on the exact same itinerary (some slight juggling of Antigua and St. Croix in there) on Feb 22nd, so we can't wait to read about your experiences! I would love to know (and will pass along to our Roll Call) some things in particular:

1) About when did it start getting warm (assuming NJ is chilly this Friday- it was 80 deg F here today!) on the "at sea" days on the way down? How far south were you at noon on each day?

2) About when did it start getting cold on the way back up (it's probably going to start getting seriously cold on November 30th) on the at sea days? How far north were you at noon on each day?

3) Does Celebrity (like it's sister company, Royal Caribbean) provide a 24 hour hot tub and/or pool? I really love hot tubs at night- I'd be there on the first night out.

4) How is the Qsine experience?

5) How is the Tuscan Grille experience?

6) How rough was the passage on the at sea days? (only have sailed in the Atlantic going to and from Bermuda)

7) For those in Aqua Class, how was Blu? Were the Persian Gardens too crowded to use with so many AQ getting in for free? (I want to spend some time on those heated tile beds)

8) How and where was your Connections Party?

9) Did you do a sail away party, and if so, where did you meet?

10) Would you recommend this cruise and itinerary?

Thank you!
Cheers,
Paul

kimba1
November 14th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Kim,

Mary

Mary - we've never been on Celebrity. I have taken it on RCCL without a problem. One time they must have looked at it cause it was out of the bag but they didn't take it. Not sure which one it is. Alex bought it for mein a panic one cruise the night before we were leaving when I remembered that my other one broke.

Ok - we have our stuff laid out. Not complete and not in a suitcase yet but pretty organized now. I forgot to leave out a blouse or 2 I wanted to bring but I have more than enough clothes I'm sure. Forgot I bought a new bathing suit and it fits so that was a nice surprise. Still waiting for the shoes I ordered to come in. Lol!

SpiderOfTheSeas
November 14th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I made the mistake of reading a number of reviews by the folks that just brought our ship to Bayonne. I'm hoping that the terrible weather just had some of them in a foul mood. We'll already be sailing before any of the first Caribbean passengers get a chance to post their review. So that's all I have to go by so far. I'm going to stay positive and focused on banana/nutella crepes in my future! :)

jwb3843
November 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
I made the mistake of reading a number of reviews by the folks that just brought our ship to Bayonne. I'm hoping that the terrible weather just had some of them in a foul mood. We'll already be sailing before any of the first Caribbean passengers get a chance to post their review. So that's all I have to go by so far. I'm going to stay positive and focused on banana/nutella crepes in my future! :)
Jeff ~ I hadn't read any of the recent reviews of the transatlantic trip to Bayonne until now either. Don't you find it amazing that people on the same ship rate it a 1 star and others a 5 star?? Is it that the expectations of some are beyond what can reasonably be expected, or are others just much more willing to make the best of the situation? We have only sailed on Celebrity once (last year on the Solstice), and had a fabulous time! Were there a few small issues? Of course!! As long as ships are manned by humans, there will always be an error or two along the way! But I would never allow the little things to cloud my judgement of the overall experience. Like you, we're just counting the days until those nutella & banana crepes are before us!! Can't wait!

Julie

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 12:28 AM

OK, you spiked my curiosity and I had to go read some of those reviews too. There certainly are some bad ones.......and a few good ones. Just like everything, people perceive things differently so I'm going to try to stay positive and make my own judgements. Remember, that was a very bad crossing so some of those people could have been cranky! LOL We will find out in just 3 more days!!! LOL This is our first time on Celebrity so I don't have any other Celebrity ships to compare it to.

Patty

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 06:28 AM
We are down to the last few days. There are only
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/3-1.jpg
days left to the sailing. This means two days to "The Springhill Gang", 2 work days counting today, 2 days and a wakeup.

Some of our group have already started their trek to Bayonne, and more will be starting with each day. May everyone have a safe journey to the pier. We will see you all on Friday and the party will begin.

Cruisin' Forever!
November 15th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Hello Roll Call members for the November 18th sailing! This is Paul- my wife and I will be going on the exact same itinerary (some slight juggling of Antigua and St. Croix in there) on Feb 22nd, so we can't wait to read about your experiences! I would love to know (and will pass along to our Roll Call) some things in particular:

1) About when did it start getting warm (assuming NJ is chilly this Friday- it was 80 deg F here today!) on the "at sea" days on the way down? How far south were you at noon on each day?

2) About when did it start getting cold on the way back up (it's probably going to start getting seriously cold on November 30th) on the at sea days? How far north were you at noon on each day?

3) Does Celebrity (like it's sister company, Royal Caribbean) provide a 24 hour hot tub and/or pool? I really love hot tubs at night- I'd be there on the first night out.

4) How is the Qsine experience?

5) How is the Tuscan Grille experience?

6) How rough was the passage on the at sea days? (only have sailed in the Atlantic going to and from Bermuda)

7) For those in Aqua Class, how was Blu? Were the Persian Gardens too crowded to use with so many AQ getting in for free? (I want to spend some time on those heated tile beds)

8) How and where was your Connections Party?

9) Did you do a sail away party, and if so, where did you meet?

10) Would you recommend this cruise and itinerary?

Thank you!
Cheers,
Paul

Also, one more question: Could you let us know what nights the formal nights fall on? Thanks again & Bon Voyage!

RodPat
November 15th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Well John and Elaine arrived safely. John looks pretty good for someone wearing oxygen. We went out for dinner last night and drank lots of wine John had a few glasses and Elaine had a lot.:). Not saying how much I had.:D. Today we go shopping and dinner at the shore. Tomorrow we go to Atlantic City overnight and Thursday we come home for our happy hour group meeting. The next day we will all be on the ship. Hooray.

Pat

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Well John and Elaine arrived safely. John looks pretty good for someone wearing oxygen. We went out for dinner last night and drank lots of wine John had a few glasses and Elaine had a lot.:). Not saying how much I had.:D. Today we go shopping and dinner at the shore. Tomorrow we go to Atlantic City overnight and Thursday we come home for our happy hour group meeting. The next day we will all be on the ship. Hooray.

Pat

Wow Pat!!!! You have a very busy week!!! Sounds like lots of fun!!!!

See you on Friday!!!

Patty

atog254
November 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM
c u n 3

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 08:02 AM
OK, you spiked my curiosity and I had to go read some of those reviews too. There certainly are some bad ones.......and a few good ones. Just like everything, people perceive things differently so I'm going to try to stay positive and make my own judgements. Remember, that was a very bad crossing so some of those people could have been cranky! LOL We will find out in just 3 more days!!! LOL This is our first time on Celebrity so I don't have any other Celebrity ships to compare it to.

Patty

I have found that most times when someone has a real bad review, it is triggered by an event that sets them off on the wrong foot - and then once they are in a negative state of mind, everything seems wrong to them and they look for bad things to report. It can be a bad experience getting on board (maybe a delay or a rude worker), it can be a bad meal (which is very rare for me, but some are pickier than others), or it can be a very difficult ride (the rough seas crossing the Atlantic had to play some role here).

We all know that NO cruise is perfect, but if we are willing to try to look past the small problems, we know that 95%+ of cruising is wonderful! If you have something not go right during your cruise, don't let it ruin the remaining days!!! It's your vacation - enjoy it to the fullest!!

Alex

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Ok, I'm not packed, but I have laid out about 80% of my clothes. I hope Patty feels better now!!! :D

Three more days of work for me. Time to get to it... have a great day everyone!!!

Alex

bobby1119
November 15th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Spider,

I just read through the most recent reviews, all of which I take with the proverbial grain of salt.

Some of the complaints regarding the weather conditions were amusing - what did they expect from a transatlantic crossing on a cruiseship and not a liner?

The majority of the comments, however, are positive, although the one observation about the shortcomings of the Celebrity Select dining option was troubling to me. I made reservations for 2 at 8:45 every evening, and I will not be pleased if I have to wait for 30 minutes or more.

Most importantly, I agree with you that keeping an open mind is essential and the best antidote to overly critical commentary and the kind of negativity one will inevitably encounter from some passengers while aboard.

See you at the sailaway.

Bobby

bulldogz
November 15th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Just 3 more days! I can not wait! I really wish I bought a Wild Turkeys shirt. I am going to feel left out. I knew I was going to wait till the last second and be too late. Oh well. Ce la vie. Anyway, regarding the iron, doesn't celebrity have a laundry room with an iron in it you can use? You can do your own laundry can't you? I am bringing the Downy Wrinkle Release. That stuff is the best. It works wonders. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Patti

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Just 3 more days! I can not wait! I really wish I bought a Wild Turkeys shirt. I am going to feel left out. I knew I was going to wait till the last second and be too late. Oh well. Ce la vie. Anyway, regarding the iron, doesn't celebrity have a laundry room with an iron in it you can use? You can do your own laundry can't you? I am bringing the Downy Wrinkle Release. That stuff is the best. It works wonders. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Patti

Patti,

I can still print you Wild Turkey name tags if you'd like. Let me know. They include name, CC name and hometown. You can print them (I need email to send pdf file) or I can print them and bring them on board for you. You need to supply 3"x4" name tag holders or lanyards.

Alex

rustyztwo
November 15th, 2011, 09:10 AM

The one consistent complaint from the last cruise into Bayonne was how terrible a job Celebrity did with getting people off the ship and reunited with their bags. Hopefully it was growing pains since it was Silhouette's first time here and when she comes back on Friday, it will all be worked out.

2SeaWithMe
November 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM

Patti

There's no self-service laundry on the ship and no irons. :(

2SeaWithMe
November 15th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Summer ~ Can you fill me in on how you check what cabins are available? I see so many comments about that, but haven't a clue where to look! We're not interested in switching this cruise because we're side-by-side with our friends, but for future cruises that might come in handy! And when you check prices, are you just looking at the prices that Celebrity posts on their site or other travel sites as well?

Thanks!

Julie

Hi Julie!

I always use the 'gnome' site that rhymes with 'velocity'. Though the cruise seemed to have pulled it this morning...no more price checking/obsessing for me. It's not on any of the sites this morning. Personally I find the best deals are on the big number days out...90, 60, 30.

kimba1
November 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
OK - 3 more work days....got a little packed last night (or just laid some things out)...so it's getting more real every minute. Found a pet sitter for my pet frog at work - FRED needs to eat twice a week and with the holiday week next week I had to line people up who would be in the office to make sure he eats. Priorities you know.

Summer - what will you do now without prices and cabins to check - finish packing maybe?

Pat - sounds like you are already beginning your vacation since Elaine & John arrived. Have fun!

Safe travels to all those who are leaving on their journey to Bayonne...WAHOO! I will be in Jersey City for a meeting with work on Thursday so maybe I should just go sleep in my car so I'm the first one at the port on Friday morning....ALEX ...get my bags (that would mean I need to be packed though!).

Have a good one everyone.

JonnyGUofD
November 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
The one consistent complaint from the last cruise into Bayonne was how terrible a job Celebrity did with getting people off the ship and reunited with their bags. Hopefully it was growing pains since it was Silhouette's first time here and when she comes back on Friday, it will all be worked out.

The big problem with the TA arrival in Bayonne is that, due to weather avoidance by the Captain during the crossing, they arrived 5 hours later than expected (8 AM rather than 3 AM). This bollixed up the customs and baggage handlers bit time.

We sailed out/in at Bayonne with RCCL a couple of years ago and I can't remember any problems at all.

Sorry for being sort of a "stalker" on this roll call but I enjoy reading all the comments . . . it's helping us to get even more excited about Friday. Loved the Equinox in April and am confident we'll love the Silhouette as well!

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I will be in Jersey City for a meeting with work on Thursday so maybe I should just go sleep in my car so I'm the first one at the port on Friday morning....ALEX ...get my bags (that would mean I need to be packed though!).

Keep on dreaming. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

2SeaWithMe
November 15th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Summer - what will you do now without prices and cabins to check - finish packing maybe?

Have a good one everyone.

Nah, packing-schmacking.

I do need to muck out the chicken coop and rabbit pens...anyone? Anyone??

mjwcruising
November 15th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Pat

Sounds like you have had quite a nice time. You will be well into the vacation mode by the time we all meet up on Friday.:D

I've been reading the TA reviews. I can't believe how some people reacted. It's obvious Mother Nature didn't go lightly even though there was cruise ships on the ocean. The whole disembarkation issue was a result of the ship arriving late because of the storm. I have sailed Celebrity out of Cape Liberty and under normal circumstances I doubt you will have the problems the TA had.

One poster was complaining and kept saying Celebrity is a luxury line. Silver SeaRegent Seas and Crystal are luxury cruise lines. They also cost a lot more.
This poster also complained about there not being enough to do. They mustn't read the "Celebrity daily". There is plenty to do. Many things take place at the same time so you have choices to what you want to do.
This poster was on their first cruise ever. I just think she was way off the mark.

I for one am looking forward to an wonderful cruise.

Mary

Luv2Travel64
November 15th, 2011, 11:11 AM
FYI: Irons & steamers

Just so you are aware......

On last November's Celebrity Mercury cruise out of Baltimore our table-mate said the piece of luggage containing her steamer was held back and they had to go to the "baggage room" to claim it. They had to surrender the steamer until the end of the cruise.

atog254
November 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Discovered that our cars had been broken into last night! :mad:

Now going thru process of calling state Police, credit card companies, insurance, banking, etc.

While I was taking our grand daughter to pre-school, Linda got a call from some one that found her wallet in town. She did get back with a few credit cards and her license, but they had used one for purchasing gasoline and movie purchases.

Chad lost a camera and his GPS

I don't think anything was stolen from my SUV. Things moved around, but I don't leave valuable items in my car!

Just in time for our cruise! Don't need this $#@%! :mad: Credit card company is over night replacing Linda's card!

I will still get out the LAST ROLL CALL update tomorrow evening after 6 pm.

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Now going thru process of calling state Police, credit card companies, insurance, banking, etc.

While I was taking our grand daughter to pre-school, Linda got a call from some one that found her wallet in town. She did get back with a few credit cards and her license, but they had used one for purchasing gasoline and movie purchases.

I don't think anything was stolen from my SUV. Things moved around, but I don't leave valuable items in my car!

Just in time for our cruise! Don't need this $#@%! :mad: Credit card company is over night replacing Linda's card!

You're right, you did not need this $#@%!. Hopefully they can find the perp(s). Thank goodness they are sending the new card as fast as they are. Sounds like you are really going to need this cruise and a beer at Michael's now.

kimba1
November 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear Steve. Hope it all gets resolved quickly. Bet those copies you made come in handy now....but it's a shame you need to use them. Good luck!

caribbean1004
November 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
oh man! Hope everything is ok and gets sorted out as smoothly as possible Steve!

MikeKl
November 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Well that certainly stinks!! I hope you get everything straightened out quickly!!

2SeaWithMe
November 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Aw, Steve that stinks. Hope there wasn't any damage to the car.

I keep hearing a lot about car break-ins.

loosygoosy
November 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM

What a trooper! So sorry to hear you had to have this bad luck just before a vacation. We'll have to bring you a "special" gift to make you feel better.

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Can you send me a PDF File; I am trying to print it on an Avery Label so I can just stick it on me!!

MikeKl: Michael & Elissa

Mike,

I need your email address - file is ready!

Alex

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Some people are just dirtbags. They feel like they can take anything they want from anybody they please - even if it doesn't belong to them. Sad. Good luck getting it all straightened out.

Alex

emcee207
November 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Steve,

I think you've got plenty on your plate without worrying about that updated roll call. You have done a ton of work on that; now take care of yourself!

I"ll be looking for that pepper!!!!!;)

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Steve,

I think you've got plenty on your plate without worrying about that updated roll call. You have done a ton of work on that; now take care of yourself!

I"ll be looking for that pepper!!!!!;)
I agree. I really do not think that people will be upset if you do not have that last Roll Call. You have done a great job on that and with everything else that you need to deal with, the one Roll Call mailing is not that important. Get what you need to do done and then come onboard and PARTY.

beachlovergirl
November 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
We're back from my niece's wedding in Vegas on 11/11/11 at The Wynn which was beautiful !!! Whirlwind of activities, cocktail parties, dinners, shows, clubs, casinos and late, late nights!! Now we need a vacation from our vacation!!

Still have to pack the suitcases but everything is ready...clothes are hanging in the closet waiting to be folded.

Looking forward to seeing everyone onboard!
:)
Dee

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 02:06 PM
We're back from my niece's wedding in Vegas on 11/11/11 at The Wynn which was beautiful !!! Whirlwind of activities, cocktail parties, dinners, shows, clubs, casinos and late, late nights!! Now we need a vacation from our vacation!!

Still have to pack the suitcases but everything is ready...clothes are hanging in the closet waiting to be folded.

Dee
Welcome back Dee. Glad you had a great time. See you Thursday. I do have your name tags with me.

beachlovergirl
November 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM

Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear this......hope it gets straightened out real soon.

Dee

nycmode
November 15th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Wow that is totally awful. So sorry to hear this. I hope they catch the bad peeps and you get your credit cards asap

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM

Dee

Bam Margera (of ******* fame), Midget Elvis's, Show Girls - we saw what you were up to out there in Vegas!!! Crazy stuff!!! Sorry, but I don't think it will be as nutty on Silhouette!!

Alex

bulldogz
November 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Patti,

I can still print you Wild Turkey name tags if you'd like. Let me know. They include name, CC name and hometown. You can print them (I need email to send pdf file) or I can print them and bring them on board for you. You need to supply 3"x4" name tag holders or lanyards.

Alex
Alex, That would be great! I do have the lanyards with the plastic holders. Can you email it to me? Do you need my info?

bobby1119
November 15th, 2011, 03:33 PM

So sorry to hear this. It just stinks. Although it's a pain, you'll get it sorted out in time.

Bobby

Imagolfnut
November 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Steve - that's a real bummer about the cars!!!!! Hope everything works out OK and you get all your paperwork and replacement cards back in time!!

To everyone else, time is quickly getting shorter and shorter. Went to the dentist today so teeth are sparkly clean but I feel totally exhausted. I will be so happy to get on the ship and be able to chill out for awhile!!

Diane - I double checked with Yankee Trails today to make sure they have us all on their scheduled pickup Friday morning - everything's good!! :)

MargeB

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Alex, That would be great! I do have the lanyards with the plastic holders. Can you email it to me? Do you need my info?

I need First name(s) (I have yours - but any others?), I have your CC Name (others relationship or their CC name), hometown and email address. I will email you the pdf when I have that.

bulldogz
November 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I need First name(s) (I have yours - but any others?), I have your CC Name (others relationship or their CC name), hometown and email address. I will email you the pdf when I have that.
My boyfriends name is Robert, hometown is Morristown, email is pattibulldog@yahoo.com

Thanks

atog254
November 15th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Linda got her wallet back but not her Coach handbag, several credit cards taken, and Chad lost his camera and GPS. They did get into my Suv, but there was nothing to take.

They used one of the cards to purchase gasoline, movies at Walmart, and something else - which I forgot about already.

Linda is getting a replacement CC over night from Chase, however, my Visa is thru a small local bank and will not be replaced until we return. Too many depts to go thru for a quick replacement.

Linda is getting her hair cut and I am watching our grand daughter and Olivia on nickjr TV.

1st on Chad's list on the islands would be to check out cameras

Linda will be looking for a knock off Coach handbag

And I will be looking for another beer! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to Linda and Richard stopping by on Thurs on their way to Springhill. May be tasting some of the brew that they are taking north. Heck after today's events I need one!

Other than the anger, everything is fine! Most everything is packed except last minute items and we are on our way Friday morning!

Greensgirl
November 15th, 2011, 04:03 PM

NOOOOO!! So sorry to hear this...hope you get things straightend out as well as possible before you leave. I for one say not to worry about the roll call...take care of the things you need to do for you and Linda. We look forward to seeing you soon! Becky

kimba1
November 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Linda got her wallet back but not her Coach handbag, Linda will be looking for a knock off Coach handbag

San Juan - stop #2 - Coach outlet.....hang in there. Maybe a shot tonight to take the edge off today's events.

2SeaWithMe
November 15th, 2011, 04:14 PM
San Juan - stop #2 - Coach outlet.....hang in there. Maybe a shot tonight to take the edge off today's events.

I'll be going to the coach outlet as well. :)

I left a bag behind a couple times in the outlet so I'm going to rectify that now. lol

Greensgirl
November 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
At one point Mike and I were going to be on that first TA so I have been in touch with some of the folks who were. Almost all said that the weather was a problem but Celebrity did a wonderful job doing all they could to make everyone as comfortable as possible. There was much to be said about their late arrival into NJ and that disembarking was a mess. Most everyone said it was do to it being thier first time into the US and that they thought they would have learned a lot from that first time in. Otherwise I head nothing but praise for the crew, food, service and that the ship was amazing!! Hope they have most of the kinks worked out by the time we are on board because we never have had problems when sailing with Celebrity! There will always be people who find something bad in everything, but I guess we will be able to judge for ourselves
soon!!!:):) YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beachbuzzard
November 15th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Okay, I just looked at the weather for Bayonne on Friday. Even though it says that it will be sunny, it does seem that it will only be in the high 40's that day. I think for me that is a little too cool for an outside sailaway especially since we are sailing at 5:00 and the sun will be setting.

I am all set for a meeting at the Sky Observation Lounge for our sailaway if everyone agrees.

Howard and all - looking at the deck plan for this deck (Lido), I think it works fine to have the Sky Observation Lounge as the central meeting spot. I think Kim and I will hang at the Mast Bar until under the bridge, which is outside not too far from the lounge.

http://cruise-deals.us/content/Decks/DeckImageUrl/CEL_SI_14.png

margeg
November 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Wow! Now we are really excited! Thanks for the link to the pics. Also enjoyed reading the menus. Can't wait to finish packing.

Helen

Hi Helen,
We did the same thing you did. We were booked in a 1A balcony on deck 9 on the hump with a nice balcony. We upgraded to a guarantee S2 suite and we ended up with an S2 up the hall from you.

We were on the Equinox in 2009 in an A1 on 9. It was a great location and a lovely cabin, but I just had trouble finding enough storage for all my stuff! I had been obsessing about this for months till I decided to upgrade just to get the extra space. I dont know if we got a good price or not, but definitely paid more than I wanted to! But, oh well we only live once!!:cool:.

Anyway I hope Im not sorry because of noise from above!!!!:eek:

Marge G

kimba1
November 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
My boyfriends name is Robert, hometown is Morristown, email is pattibulldog@yahoo.com

Thanks

Oh Patti - Morristown - you are our neighbors - we are in Wayne and work down 287 South so pass through your neighborhood twice a day to and from work!

Looking forward to meeting you on FRIDAY....WAHOO...only 2 more work days - I'm logging off to head home!!!! (a little excited you see)....

mjwcruising
November 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM

Does the Coach outlet in San Juan have better prices than the outlet back home? There is an outlet in Hershey PA; although not too large; and also a nice sized outlet in Lancaster PA.
I doubt DH will want to go to the outlet in San Juan unless the prices are better.

Howard and all - looking at the deck plan for this deck (Lido), I think it works fine to have the Sky Observation Lounge as the central meeting spot. I think Kim and I will hang at the Mast Bar until under the bridge, which is outside not too far from the lounge.

http://cruise-deals.us/content/Decks/DeckImageUrl/CEL_SI_14.png

Howard, I think the 4 of us wil be meeting in the Sky Lounge. I don't think Pete would do well for long in that chilly air. He may pop outside with us when we go under the bridge.

Mary

kimba1
November 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I think Carol is more of a Coach outlet person than me...so maybe she'll chime in. I don't think SJ is much different in price than any other Coach outlet but it is pretty big so may have more of a selection. I go to the outlet in AC but just bought my first "real" Coach this summer cause I'm too cheap to spend a lot of money on a purse. My daughter on the other hand, just bought a Louis Vuiton (sp?) for $1,600 after working a summer temporary job (I almost died!!!). I am thinking of treating myself to one in San Juan cause Alex may want to check out the outlets for a new bathing suit since he wasn't able to get one at home before we leave.

mjwcruising
November 15th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I think Carol is more of a Coach outlet person than me...so maybe she'll chime in. I don't think SJ is much different in price than any other Coach outlet but it is pretty big so may have more of a selection. I go to the outlet in AC but just bought my first "real" Coach this summer cause I'm too cheap to spend a lot of money on a purse. My daughter on the other hand, just bought a Louis Vuiton (sp?) for $1,600 after working a summer temporary job (I almost died!!!). I am thinking of treating myself to one in San Juan cause Alex may want to check out the outlets for a new bathing suit since he wasn't able to get one at home before we leave.

I was also too frugal to buy a Coach purse.
For years DH told me to buy one but I just couldn't justify spending that much.
About a year ago DH finally got me to in the Coach outlet in Lancaster. I walked out with 2 purses, a wallet, and a pair of gloves. Grand total $500. :eek:
Of course they were outlet prices and on sale but he hasn't mentioned going back since.:confused:

pamkev
November 15th, 2011, 05:21 PM

How awful :(

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Ok, I'm not packed, but I have laid out about 80% of my clothes. I hope Patty feels better now!!! :D

Three more days of work for me. Time to get to it... have a great day everyone!!!

Alex

Yes, I feel soooooo much better now!!!! LOL:p

atog254
November 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
From the emails I have recently received and posting recently, sounds like the majority will be outside until we pass under the Verzanno Bridge and then everyone is heading inside!

Unless really bad weather I.E. raining & very cold, our group will be outside. That's what we did last year a week after Thanksgiving on the EOS. Frank like's to see his old stomping grounds and high school as we leave port. Chilly, but bearable.

C U N 3

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Steve,

So sorry to hear about this. Hope it gets sorted out quickly. Don't even worry about another update. I'm sure people have already printed out the one you sent Sunday. You have more important things to do these next couple days! See you onboard.

Patty

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Howard, I think the 4 of us wil be meeting in the Sky Lounge. I don't think Pete would do well for long in that chilly air. He may pop outside with us when we go under the bridge.

Mary
Mary, I think the solution by Alex satisfies everyone. If you want to stay warm, you stay inside the Sky Observation Lounge. If you want to pop outside to watch the bridge go overhead, you can do that as well. Then we all can go back inside after the bridge. This works for everyone. I might stay inside until I know we are pulling away from the pier, go outside for the 20 minute ride to the bridge and then come back inside.

margeg
November 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Steve,
So sorry about your troubles!!! I am sure you will have everything sorted out soon. We had a car stolen once and never got it back!

marge "G"

margeg
November 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM

We have only been on one other Celebrity Ship, the Equinox, and it was the best cruise we ever had. Best food, best service, beautiful ship. And we have been on 4 other cruise lines.

So since the Silhouette is a sister ship I have no doubt this will be great as well.

marge

firedog001
November 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Pat

Pat
Great that you can start your vacation early. Enjoy you time, you can relax all you want once you get on the ship.
Lynda

firedog001
November 15th, 2011, 06:20 PM

Alex

Alex
You and Kim make me laugh. I would be crazy out of my mind if my suitcases weren't packed already. Even the suitbag, just not folded. We'll see you on friday. Thanks again for spending your time making the name tags for everyone.
Lynda

firedog001
November 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM

Steve
Sorry to hear about this. It's alot of crap you didn't need to deal with. With that, i agree with others. There really isn't any need to send another update. You have done so much for this group. It is very much appreciated.
Lynda

firedog001
November 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Amy
You're not our neighbor anymore!! Good for you, it's more centrally located. Less walking. Last week i saw one open for about 2 hours on the other side, but didn't want to deal with the TA again.
Lynda

DPNBP
November 15th, 2011, 06:43 PM
We got our steamer confiscated on the Freedom of the Seas.:o I don't know if it's that Port Canaveral has better screening equipment. It was a P.I.T.A. trying to get it back after the cruise since there was a LONG line of people trying to get their No No items back. I was on Celebrity's website and this is what they have: http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/images/spacer.gif
Are steamers allowed onboard?
Subject: Ship & Stateroom Details (http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Detai ls&pagename=faq_questions)

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning (http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=569&pagename=faq_answers) service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

So sorry to hear that, Steve.:mad: I hope they find the SOB(s) that did that. Glad Linda will get her replacement card in time to spend it on the cruise.
And I agree with the others you've done a great job with the roll call and do not need to do another email that will add more work during this stressful time.
Dianne

atog254
November 15th, 2011, 07:27 PM
After that you are all on your own! :D

Everything is fine. Just lost a few items. Now will lock up on a regular basis, as well as locking the barn since I have a few tools out there. :mad:

Linda and Richard are stopping here on Thurs. morning on way north with the Margarita Machine. %$#@, I wish I was going to be with the Springhill Gang Thurs. evening! But I can meet you in the parking lot to finish off any brew left over! LOL

I had planned on cutting grass tomorrow before the trip, but just found out there is a 70% chance of rain. Maybe Thurs afternoon if dry enough. Should be last cut of year!

Howard - call me anyway Thurs. evening.

Good thing we are not flying. Way too much packed! Example: 3 cummerbunds for formal nights ??????????? Frank had to beef up the springs on his Tundra for the trip north. LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mjwcruising
November 15th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mary, I think the solution by Alex satisfies everyone. If you want to stay warm, you stay inside the Sky Observation Lounge. If you want to pop outside to watch the bridge go overhead, you can do that as well. Then we all can go back inside after the bridge. This works for everyone. I might stay inside until I know we are pulling away from the pier, go outside for the 20 minute ride to the bridge and then come back inside.
Are you going to stay inside in the Sky Lounge? I'll do what your are doing and go out when we pull away from the pier. I can do 20 minutes outside. I believe we are to be on the port side to see Lady Liberty. Seems like we will have quite a large group. There will probably be more standing room along the railings on deck 14 than at the Sunset Bar.

I finally got my clothes in my packing folders today. Still have to do John's and start putting things in the suitcases.

It seems very possible that we will reach 8000 posts.

Mary

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Steve, I will call you Thursday but after Alex posted the deck plan, it does look like the meeting spot is the Sky Observation Lounge and those that want to go outside will be heading to the Mast Bar out by the jogging track which is just outside from the lounge. Sorry you will not be with us and the Gang but there are definitely brewskies waiting for us at Michael's Club on board.

As for post 8,000, at the rate we are going it might be on Thursday or early Friday morning. So keep an eye on that count so you can do it. I have faith in you.

Mary, I will be inside while we are waiting to cast off from the pier. As soon as I see that we are moving, I will head outside for the transit out of the harbor. For the last trip out on the 6th, that looked like it took about 20 minutes. Then I will head back in once we cleared the bridge.

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Wow!!! $1,600!! I would of died too! I won't buy a pocketbook that's worth more than the money I have in it. LOL

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I was also too frugal to buy a Coach purse.
For years DH told me to buy one but I just couldn't justify spending that much.
About a year ago DH finally got me to in the Coach outlet in Lancaster. I walked out with 2 purses, a wallet, and a pair of gloves. Grand total $500. :eek:
Of course they were outlet prices and on sale but he hasn't mentioned going back since.:confused:

Mary, that's to funny......LOL

MikeKl
November 15th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Mike,

I need your email address - file is ready!

Alex

jasperk99 at aol

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Oh my goodness, you guys have been so chatty today!!!

I was packed but tonight I unpacked and repacked. I took about 10 shirts and 2 pants out of the suitcase......LOL. Everything is packed except formal clothes and a few last minute things.

ONE more day of work!! WAHOOOOOOOO

Patty

SpiderOfTheSeas
November 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Linda will be looking for a knock off Coach handbag

Tell Linda to plan on checking out the Coach store in Old San Juan. My DW frequently finds goodies there tax-free. I'll be visiting the Crocs store there. Great deals to be had at the Marshalls also. Just sayin'.

celebfan54
November 15th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Just read all posts for Friday's sailings. New to this! So looking forward to Silhouette. We have a cold evening for sailaway, my DH and I will be wrapped in a blanket on our balcony as we pass under the bridge.

hac82
November 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Just read all posts for Friday's sailings. New to this! So looking forward to Silhouette. We have a cold evening for sailaway, my DH and I will be wrapped in a blanket on our balcony as we pass under the bridge.
Why not join us at the Sky Lounge? Lot's of people, good fun and plenty of laughs.

mvdude111
November 15th, 2011, 10:24 PM
So sorry to hear about your situation.

Last year Ed experienced having his credit card hacked after the NCL cruise on the Epic. Thank goodness his bank called him and advised some entities (from Saudi Arabia and from some other country) were trying to apply charges from countries that were questionable. He had to cancel his card number, and they reissued another.

With this in mind I am cancelling my card immediately following this cruise. I recognize that cruise companies employ a lot of people from different backgrounds.

Craftdee2
November 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Marge - Thanks for checking with Yankee Trails. DH was going to call tomorrow.

Have clothes spread out over 2 rooms. Very confused about what I'm taking. Need some warm stuff, lots of hot stuff & then some more warm stuff for the way home.

Steve sorry about all the pain in the a** stuff you had to deal with. I agree with everyone, thank you so much for all the great work on the roll call.
DD had her ipod taken from her car recently.

We're so close now...I can almost smell the pina coladas!

Diane

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM
76 posts today!! Well now it's 77. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll reach 8,000!!

ONE MORE DAY OF WORK!!! :cool:

Cruisemate1974
November 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Back from a lovely ladies night. It was like we were back in training and we couldn't shut up all night. We kept saying okay, going to sleep, and then we'd start talking and another hour would pass LOL.

I got a great taste of what will hopefully be our weather next week. It was a wonderfully warm and sunny morning here today.

Everything's packed and suitcases all closed. Just need to put the formal wear in and just meds and last minute carry on stuff tomorrow afternoon.

Steve, SOO sorry to hear about your break-in. What a P.I.T.A. Glad it wasn't too much worse, and just a few things, although even one thing is more than enough. I hope they find the thugs that did it!

About 9 months ago, someone got a hold of my ATM card number (no idea where as it was always with me... I'm suspecting it was a server at a local restaurant, but I dunno for sure). They must've used it to create a new card with new pin as they obviously didn't have that.... and took out cash from 3 different ATM machines over a weekend where it wouldn't be detected until Monday of course... And to make matters even better, they did it in three different police jurisdictions. I spent an entire day driving from police station to police station to fill out reports so that my bank could reimburse me the $1000 stolen.

Well off to bed, after staying up basically all night with my ex-roomie talking like we were teenagers. Tomorrow, I get to spend my birthday with some quality time with my precious Morphine (cat) since I won't see him for a little while :D

Have a great night everyone. When we wake up, only 2 days!! Getting SOOO excited!

View from W Ft. Lauderdale... Let's hope for this weather in the islands next week!

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Welcome back Val. Sounds like you had a great time.
It's so much fun to catch up with old friends.

I can't believe it's just 2 more days!!!

Slessenb
November 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Almost packed! Just a little more to do tomorrow night- might just make it :) Meetings do not help and getting home late makes it hard to get it all done. Soon oh so soonI can check in for my flight and then it will be real...

pamkev
November 16th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Got two more work days unless I feel a sick day coming on for Thursday (cough cough) DH only works today and then he is off. We are still not packed picked up dh suit at dry cleaners yesterday so packing should begin today I hope, you will know when we arrive at the port just looked for the clown car with all the luggage piled up and you only see eyeballs for 6 people as that will be us after we pick up the rest of the gang:D

Pam

kimba1
November 16th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Oh my goodness, you guys have been so chatty today!!!

I was packed but tonight I unpacked and repacked. I took about 10 shirts and 2 pants out of the suitcase......LOL. Everything is packed except formal clothes and a few last minute things.

ONE more day of work!! WAHOOOOOOOO

Patty

This is why I don't pack early. Will pack tomorrow. I'm working from home in h morning so can pack durin m typical hour commute time.

You pulled out 10 shirts. Lol! How many are left 40?

kimba1
November 16th, 2011, 06:11 AM
2 more work days. Wahoo!

Got to o pick up dry cleaning, hopefully Alex's suit is ready at the tailor, will stop and pick up a few toiletries.

Guess I won't bring my iron - hubby says he won't o stand in the long line St the no no room if it gets confiscated so I will send anything that needs pressing and brin my Downy wrinkle guard.

Guess I gotta get up and go to work. Ugh. Back to Titusville this morning but last time before holiday!

4everAfamily
November 16th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Thank you Alex for making our name tags. They look fantastic! My DS got a kick out of the turkey and can't wait to wear his.
Looking forward to meeting you all. It's going to be a blast!
I can't believe it's two days away. Yahoo!

atog254
November 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
All's well and some what back to normal. Another neighbor had same break-in problems. Stolen cell phone and GPS.

Rain today - had planned on cutting grass one last time and mulch the fallen leaves, but looks like after the cruise.

Oh, abnormal item. While closing the suv driver's door yesterday, I hit my head pretty %$#@ good! Saw stars! About 2" lower may have hit my eye. Ouch! :o

Early morning Dr's appointment. And have to get a small roll of double faced tape for the sign for our cabin door. And deliver two turkeys to my tenants.

Then everything is complete prior to cutting off our water when we leave the house.

Only kidding about 400 page and 8,000 post, but expect it to happen prior to our cruise. We need to get a picture of that person on board at our Connections Party!

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 06:52 AM
We are almost there so we cannot stop now. Even though some are on their way to Bayonne, we still need to post for the others. So here is a brief reminder that we are only
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/2-1.jpg
days away from sailing. I will see some of you tomorrow so safe travels to you all.

SBGbrady
November 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Happy Birthday Craftdee, we will toast to good health and fine travels

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 07:14 AM
This is why I don't pack early. Will pack tomorrow. I'm working from home in h morning so can pack durin m typical hour commute time.

You pulled out 10 shirts. Lol! How many are left 40?

hahahaha...........I really do hate packing!!! LOL

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Happy Birthday to Diane and Val............

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 07:19 AM
This is my last work day!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!:D

Patty

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Patty
Same here. WAHOO!!!!!!

2SeaWithMe
November 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Happy Birthday Val & Diane!!

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Val & Diane....
Happy Birthday to both of you. Make sure it is a great day and enjoy.

kfrey68
November 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Same here. WAHOO!!!!!!
Me too!!! Is it 5 o'clock yet?

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Patty

I have two more days... damn!!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs8/21.gif

BTW Patty - 12,000 posts now! http://bestsmileys.com/signs7/9.gif

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM

And I just realized I am at 1200 posts. I can do that math. One Alex post for every 10 Patty posts. http://bestsmileys.com/talking/1.gif

RodPat
November 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Got two more work days unless I feel a sick day coming on for Thursday (cough cough) DH only works today and then he is off. We are still not packed picked up dh suit at dry cleaners yesterday so packing should begin today I hope, you will know when we arrive at the port just looked for the clown car with all the luggage piled up and you only see eyeballs for 6 people as that will be us after we pick up the rest of the gang:D

Pam

Hey we will be the ones laughing all the way. Only Kevin will be serious as the driver. It will be the beginning of the fun pirate times.

Pat

RodPat
November 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Kim
I never go to the coach outlet in San Juan. We have A coach outlet at the Jackson outlets. Sign up for emails and get notices for sales with an extra coupon for 30percent off your purchases

Pat

rustyztwo
November 16th, 2011, 09:04 AM
So sorry to hear about your situation.

Last year Ed experienced having his credit card hacked after the NCL cruise on the Epic. Thank goodness his bank called him and advised some entities (from Saudi Arabia and from some other country) were trying to apply charges from countries that were questionable. He had to cancel his card number, and they reissued another.

With this in mind I am cancelling my card immediately following this cruise. I recognize that cruise companies employ a lot of people from different backgrounds.

No need to be paranoid. Hundreds of thousands of people cruise without having their credit card used illegally. Besides, the bank will not hold you liable for charges that aren't yours. That said, always be cautious when using your credit card making sure it's not taken out of your sight by the salesman.

DPNBP
November 16th, 2011, 09:19 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANE & VAL! Have a Wonderful Day and if you can't celebrate today, you'll Have 12 Glorius nights to do so! ;)
Dianne

caribbean1004
November 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Amy
You're not our neighbor anymore!! Good for you, it's more centrally located. Less walking. Last week i saw one open for about 2 hours on the other side, but didn't want to deal with the TA again.
Lynda

Lynda - haha unfortunately not - although not too far down. I was going to tell you on the cruise, but saw that you're from Pgh on the Roll Call. Although I'm married and now in NY, I grew up in Pgh, and parents still live there :) Anyway I'm sure you will have lots of fun with whoever ended up taking my prev cabin - it was grabbed fairly quickly!

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I had to take a look back... It was 568 days ago when I booked back on post 224. That is a lot of posts since then. I even saw the Countdown toaster that Alex found for Corkey at 582 days out...

Carol, did you ever get that toaster?

caribbean1004
November 16th, 2011, 09:49 AM
For those of you who are lucky enough to try out Qsine, looks like it won cruise critic's 2011 editor's picks awards - Best Alternative Restaurant :D

But Celebrity also won - Best for Dining - So I guess we're all set to stuff our faces with some pretty fantastic meals! :D

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Me too!!! Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Hoping my boss tells me to leave early!!
:rolleyes:

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
I will be. 3:00. Of course I had to get in at 6:30 to do that.:rolleyes:

Imagolfnut
November 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Oh pleeez, get me on the ship!!! I sooo need to get out of town and away from problems! Yesterday my 17 yo grandson got into an accident and totaled his truck - thank God he only has some minor bruises, but it could have been so much worse. I am so disappointed in his lack of judgment (speeding), though I love him more than life!! What's with these teens! I guess immaturity -- I so hope this taught him an important lesson. Whoever said "when your kids turned 18 and were on their own you could sit back and enjoy life is "full of s__t!!!!! They only get married, have kids, and give you more people to worry about!! ;) Ce la vie - OK, I've vented - now maybe I can relax a little.

Happy birthday Val and Diane!!

I have a knock-off Coach bag, but just never could justifiy spending the $$ for a real one!! I'm too careless with them, always throwing them around. And my husband would have a heart attack if I ever bought a real one and he found out what it cost!!!

Well, 2 days to go - awesome!!! Let's hope no more problems for anyone!! Looking forward to seeing many of you in the Sky Lounge!! :)
MargeB

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Marge, so glad to know that your GS is okay. I know how I felt when I got the calls about my son's accidents. Same worries about him and he is 24. :rolleyes:
You will be on this cruise soon enough. We will be looking out for you in the Sky Lounge.

caribbean1004
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Glad to hear your grandson is ok! I got in a bad accident when I was in HS - totaled my car, although I also walked away with only some minor bruises. After giving my parents heart attacks over it all haha I did become a much more cautious driver! Although now I can't make turns at any speeds faster than crawling... haha :p

Oh pleeez, get me on the ship!!! I sooo need to get out of town and away from problems! Yesterday my 17 yo grandson got into an accident and totaled his truck - thank God he only has some minor bruises, but it could have been so much worse. I am so disappointed in his lack of judgment (speeding), though I love him more than life!! What's with these teens! I guess immaturity -- I so hope this taught him an important lesson. Whoever said "when your kids turned 18 and were on their own you could sit back and enjoy life is "full of s__t!!!!! They only get married, have kids, and give you more people to worry about!! ;) Ce la vie - OK, I've vented - now maybe I can relax a little.

I have a knock-off Coach bag, but just never could justifiy spending the $$ for a real one!! I'm too careless with them, always throwing them around. And my husband would have a heart attack if I ever bought a real one and he found out what it cost!!!

Well, 2 days to go - awesome!!! Let's hope no more problems for anyone!! Looking forward to seeing many of you in the Sky Lounge!! :)
MargeB

MikeKl
November 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
I have two more days... damn!!! http://bestsmileys.com/signs8/21.gif

Me too!! Although how much work are we really gonna get done tomorrow....... Don't want to start anything new when I won't be in the office for 2 weeks!!

2SeaWithMe
November 16th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I'm a big fan of Coach bags. They really wear well. I have ones that are years and years old. I used to collect vintage purses....dooneys, Louis Vuitton, but I don't like to carry a heavy purse much so coaches wallets really are awesome. Funny how much I like purses...I abhor shoes. I have enough for a variety but I just see them as 'utilitarian'.

I once left a coach on top of my car in the pouring rain. Other than the finish looking a little dreary until I brought it in to be treated (free) it looks great. Amazing!

Being an artist...I guess I also have some pretty strong opinions about copyright infringement! :D We have an outlet local but I like to see what the other ones carry.

MikeKl
November 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Will probably be arriving between 7-8PM, Will anyone be watching the Jets game?

I am assuming we are meeting in the lobby for the 10AM trip on the bus, do I need to mention anything to the front desk upon check in; (sign up for anything)

bobby1119
November 16th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Any advance forecasts regarding the weather in the Caribbean for next week?

Oceanweather.com. is showing moderating seas enroute. Should be a smooth run to our first port.

Bobby

MikeKl
November 16th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Can today go any slower.................

100 posts to go...........haha

DPNBP
November 16th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad that your GS is ok. Do hope he lightens up on the gas peddle! :eek:
I thought a lot of my worries would disappear when my boys were grown and out on their own. Wishful thinking. I think I worry more and now I have the grandkids to worry about, too.

Wishing everyone safe travels to the ship and looking forward to meeting all of you! See the Spring Hill gang tomorrow and the rest of you on Friday! YIPEE!!!!!!!! :D ;) :)
Dianne

MargeB

samkmm
November 16th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Haven't been on in a few days but there is much to catch on. Did see that Steve's car had been broken into. Sorry to hear about that. We had our EZ-Pass stolen and other things too recently. Sorry about Chad's car accident. Hope he's ok. I guess its the week for problems. We've had our share. Almost thought we would have to cancel.
Dr said ok to go but need rest and NO LIFTING! Great time to be going on cruise.

Hope everyone is packed and ready to go. Still have formal and last minute things that I hope jump into the suitcases. Have to much luggage and can't seem to cut back. Think I will try again.

May everyone traveling today have a safe journey. Now that I think about it EVERYONE have a save journey to the Pier. See you at Spring Hill or on the Ship!

Kathy;);)

pamkev
November 16th, 2011, 01:40 PM

MargeB

So your family is number three on the roll call that has had accidents. I'm glad to hear your GS is okay it doesn't get easier with your kids and the offspring's always someone to worry about . Pam

emcee207
November 16th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Will probably be arriving between 7-8PM, Will anyone be watching the Jets game?

I am assuming we are meeting in the lobby for the 10AM trip on the bus, do I need to mention anything to the front desk upon check in; (sign up for anything)

Mike, I doubt anyone will be watching!!!;)

margeg
November 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
No need to be paranoid. Hundreds of thousands of people cruise without having their credit card used illegally. Besides, the bank will not hold you liable for charges that aren't yours. That said, always be cautious when using your credit card making sure it's not taken out of your sight by the salesman.

I had to call my credit card company for something recently, and one of the options was to let them know if you were going to be out of town. I guess I will do that (I hope I remember!;))

m

emcee207
November 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Any advance forecasts regarding the weather in the Caribbean for next week?

Oceanweather.com. is showing moderating seas enroute. Should be a smooth run to our first port.

Bobby

Bobby, if you go to the main Celebrity board and look for the "Everything Silhouette" thread, FIRELT5 (Ken) has been posting lots of good weather stuff for the next week or so and also posting some links to good sites for that. He and family are sailing with us.

A few of us CC addicts have been hanging out there........one who posts a lot and packs too many clothes and another one who says he is a Giants fan but I think he is a closet Jets fan! :D

The Countdown Pic King also hangs there a bit, he is a good Patriots fan!

You all know who you are!!!

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I will be. 3:00. Of course I had to get in at 6:30 to do that.:rolleyes:

I'm leaving work now!!!! Let the vacation begin!!

Patty

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Patty
I wont be that far behind you. Just a wrap-up status meeting with the boss, if I can find him.

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
A few of us CC addicts have been hanging out there........one who posts a lot and packs too many clothes and another one who says he is a Giants fan but I think he is a closet Jets fan! :D

That's a pretty funny conjecture, but completely off base. If you don't believe me you can ask my wife. She'll let you know which one of the two I care about!!

Actually I've never been too anti-Boston because I'm a Mets/Giants/Devils guy - for me its Philly that plays the part of the dreaded rival - in ALL three sports!!

Alex

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I had to call my credit card company for something recently, and one of the options was to let them know if you were going to be out of town. I guess I will do that (I hope I remember!;))

m

Many credit card companies will put a hold on your card if they get too many out of country charges and can't verify them with you. Good to call them before you go so they know.

Alex

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Found my boss.... Status meeting complete....Vacation has started. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

firedog001
November 16th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Patty

You lucky thing. I have to come in for a couple hours tomorrow morning to transfer payroll.
See you on Friday.

firedog001
November 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Many credit card companies will put a hold on your card if they get too many out of country charges and can't verify them with you. Good to call them before you go so they know.

Alex

Alex
We always call when we are going out of the country. We give one of the cell phones. Some CC give you a password to use if they deny the purchase, you can call them. We had a problem in Bermuda, they got our cc number and used it. UGH? I now tell them my limit on the card for any purchase.

firedog001
November 16th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Found my boss.... Status meeting complete....Vacation has started. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!

Another lucky one. Well, we'll be leaving around noon. See you at Springhill.

firedog001
November 16th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Lynda - haha unfortunately not - although not too far down. I was going to tell you on the cruise, but saw that you're from Pgh on the Roll Call. Although I'm married and now in NY, I grew up in Pgh, and parents still live there :) Anyway I'm sure you will have lots of fun with whoever ended up taking my prev cabin - it was grabbed fairly quickly!

We'll talk at the Cruise Critic party. Where in Pgh do they live? See you Friday.

kimba1
November 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I'm jealous about all of you leaving already and done with work. I'm completely unmotivated but have a Kick-off meeting for a new project tomorrow afternoon and just got an invite for a 3-4 additional meeting tomorrow for the same project...ugh.....they just won't let me go - it's not fair!

Marge - sorry to hear about GS accident. Between my 2 kids they have totalled 7 cars already and they are only 22 and 20...UGH! I've gotten better at dealing with the frantic accident calls - conversation usually goes like this - "are you hurt - guess not too bad if you are able to call me - that's good - it's ONLY a car - glad you are OK - we'll deal with it!" Hate to be a seasoned veteran about this but one time this winter I was talking with the insurance company about 2 totalled cars at once (both ours!). My insurance is a nightmare in NJ.

Happy Birthday Val and Diane (hope I got that right)!

Forgot to pick up dry cleaning today - hope I remember tomorrow. Later...

caribbean1004
November 16th, 2011, 03:37 PM
We'll talk at the Cruise Critic party. Where in Pgh do they live? See you Friday.

Lynda - I grew up north of Pgh but parents moved during college to Washington County :) See you on the ship! Would love to chat about how much I miss pgh! :D

Greensgirl
November 16th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I wont be that far behind you. Just a wrap-up status meeting with the boss, if I can find him.

Mike's in a business meeting and I'm finishing up here at home. I think we are in the final stretch. Now if our luggage isn't too heavy ( full of winter clothes for our time in NY) we should be good to go. Our son returned last night and will take us to the airport in the morning, at least we will get to see his smiling face before we leave! I will try to log on this eve but just in case I don't get to it, safe travels everyone...Sue and Jim, maybe we will get to meet at the airport! Glad we have nice travel weather! See you all in NJ!!!!!!!!!!

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 04:17 PM
...and just got an invite for a 3-4 additional meeting tomorrow for the same project...ugh.....they just won't let me go - it's not fair!

Very thoughtful of them. :confused:

Well, I'll be here till 5 tomorrow anyway, so you can join me in agony till the very last minute. Actually, I hope it only 5... :eek:

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Mike's in a business meeting and I'm finishing up here at home. I think we are in the final stretch. Now if our luggage isn't too heavy ( full of winter clothes for our time in NY) we should be good to go. Our son returned last night and will take us to the airport in the morning, at least we will get to see his smiling face before we leave! I will try to log on this eve but just in case I don't get to it, safe travels everyone...Sue and Jim, maybe we will get to meet at the airport! Glad we have nice travel weather! See you all in NJ!!!!!!!!!!
If you are on the same flight, just check out their photo in the gallery and you cannot miss them. Have a safe flight and we will see you tomorrow night.

Real happy for you that your son made it home before you left. That should really bring smiles to you and Mike.

MikeKl
November 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Mike, I doubt anyone will be watching!!!;)

I will!!

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Marge,
Sorry to hear about your GS's accident. Thank God he only walked away with minor bruises. Kids are such a worry and no matter how old they are you just worry more and then you worry about grandkids too so it never ends!!

Becky, safe travels to you and Mike, see you Friday!

Kathy, hope all is okay with you............you'll have 12 days to rest up and relax.

Now I wish I were going to the Springhill to party with all of you. I know you will all have a great time! What a way to start a vacation!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Bobby, if you go to the main Celebrity board and look for the "Everything Silhouette" thread, FIRELT5 (Ken) has been posting lots of good weather stuff for the next week or so and also posting some links to good sites for that. He and family are sailing with us.

I have no idea who your talking about..........I take the fifth!!! :D

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Sue, I forgot that your leaving tomorrow too. Safe travels to you and Jim too! See you Friday!!

Patty

Imagolfnut
November 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thank you everyone - I talked to my GS today and he's sore and shaken up - says he doesn't want to get into a car again any time soon!! I think he will now be a very cautious driver!! ;) Wow, Kim - it sounds like you are a seasoned vet -that's one score I don't want to beat!

Safe traveling to the pier everyone!! We get picked up at 8:30 am on Friday morning, so hopefully we'll be onboard by noon or 1. Just baked a batch of raisin oatmean cookies for hubby so he has something to snack on while I'm gorging on delicasies!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday. Ciao for now,
MargeB

kimba1
November 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Well...leaving the office for the last time before boarding the big ship. Fed Fred (my frog) and left his pellets out for my pet watchers to feed him while I'm gone. One more day working from home then going to Jersey City in the AM then....a margarita is what I need!

Headed to Macy's to pick up Alex's suit - hope the tailoring is done they never called and I can't get through on the phone - the automated system keeps looping. Bowling tonight so no packing but....outta here for now!

beachbuzzard
November 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I have one more long day in the office tomorrow - so no goodbyes to my desk for another 24 hours. But it sure getting close now.... so very close!!!

Back on the road again - more later from bowling I'm sure!!

Alex

pamkev
November 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Very thoughtful of them. :confused:

Well, I'll be here till 5 tomorrow anyway, so you can join me in agony till the very last minute. Actually, I hope it only 5... :eek:

I will be joining you I have to work till 4 Thursday but hoping to leave as soon as school lets out at 2:40 or right at 3 but then is when the office usually goes nuts parents can't find there kids because they didn't come home and they are not answering there cells and the parents have no idea where they are and apparently we are suppose to:eek:
Pam

kfrey68
November 16th, 2011, 06:13 PM

Mine did - I got out about 4 which helped since DS had chess lessons tonight.

cubfan65
November 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Looks like 206 registered guests for the Connection's party. I have to say, you all are pretty good with your packing. We haven't even started. See you at the Springhill.

Cheers,
John

Cruisemate1974
November 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Safe Travels all. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a nice relaxing day chilling with my cat, since I won't see him for a bit :)

All packed and ready to head out on my 8 am flight tomorrow morning. Wish I was joining you guys at the Springhill, have a lot of fun, and I'll see ya'll on Friday!

Take care, safe travels to everyone!

--val

Imagolfnut
November 16th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Safe Travels all. Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a nice relaxing day chilling with my cat, since I won't see him for a bit :)

Take care, safe travels to everyone!

--val

I'm sitting with my cat right now!! I will miss her and I know she'll miss our lap time together!! Hope she doesn't stress out - but she'll probably just get used to going to DH!! See you all soon. :D

MargeB

2SeaWithMe
November 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Hey springhill gang...I just had a thought

I know we didn't decide (or did we...so many posts!) whether or not we were ordering dinner? If we didn't, I thought about possibly volunteering to pick up lunch meat, rolls, condiments, cheese, crackers...

Thoughts? I have disposable trays I collect for church and funerals so I can bring something, so I can just bring a tray and trash it there. We have to pass a few grocery stores to get to the turnpike..

We can split the cost, probably $2 pp or something like that should cover it?

I'll come back before I turn in for the night and let me know if you veto or no.

Mr Burt Nurney
November 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM
ONEFACTHUNT is in New York!!!!!!!!!!!

atog254
November 16th, 2011, 08:39 PM
That's it! :rolleyes:

And the only question I have for you is ;) ................................

jwb3843
November 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Whew!! I think we're finally done packing! I have a new appreciation for all you folks who've had to travel to FL to get on board in the past. I didn't realize how good we have it with so many ports within driving distance!! We're not staying at the Springhill, but will see everyone on board on Friday. So glad to see we should all have clear skies for flying to Newark tomorrow!

Safe travels to everyone, and we can't wait to meet you all!! :)

Julie

mjwcruising
November 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
For those of you who are lucky enough to try out Qsine, looks like it won cruise critic's 2011 editor's picks awards - Best Alternative Restaurant :D

But Celebrity also won - Best for Dining - So I guess we're all set to stuff our faces with some pretty fantastic meals! :D

Sounds good to me.... I'm looking foward to not cooking for 12 nights.

Sorry to hear about yor GS's accident. I agree it may be an important lesson. Our youngest son (now 26) had an accident when he was 16. Speeding; took a curve too fast and lost control. His car was the only one involved but he took out a mailbox. It scared the %@*% out of him but he wasn't hurt. He learned his lesson and is a better driver for it.

I'm one of those addicts who hang out there; but I think I'm under the radar.:D

mjwcruising
November 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Well, I finally finished reading all of today's posts.

I got all our packing done today. Have to get a mani-pedi tomorrow.

I want to wish safe travels to everyone that is traveling tomorrow.
To the Springhill gang...take it easy on the Margaritas; no hangovers cause we need to party again friday when we all meet in the Sky Lounge:D

Mary

SpiderOfTheSeas
November 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Kim
I never go to the coach outlet in San Juan. We have A coach outlet at the Jackson outlets. Sign up for emails and get notices for sales with an extra coupon for 30percent off your purchases

Pat

You could still use your coupon and not pay any tax. :)

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Mine did - I got out about 4 which helped since DS had chess lessons tonight.

LOL.........at around 1:30 while we were at lunch she told me I could leave whenever I wanted to, but I didn't get out of there till around 2:30.

Patty

Greensgirl
November 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Lucky U!!!!

hac82
November 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Summer, I think it is a fine idea, but it does seem that nobody else has responded. If you do, I will have money for you, if not, we will just find ways to order and have delivered when we are all there. I have a great chocolate cake to share with everyone.

Well, if you can believe it, all of our packing is still not done. In the morning we are going to go out for a quick breakfast and come back and finish. We still have to put my dress shirts and suit in and Sharon needs to get her makeup, formal dresses in as well. Those are always the last minute items.

Safe travels to all that are heading to Newark tomorrow. We will see many of you tomorrow night. For everyone else, safe travels on Friday and we will see you on board.

beachlovergirl
November 16th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Hey springhill gang...I just had a thought

I know we didn't decide (or did we...so many posts!) whether or not we were ordering dinner? If we didn't, I thought about possibly volunteering to pick up lunch meat, rolls, condiments, cheese, crackers...

Thoughts? I have disposable trays I collect for church and funerals so I can bring something, so I can just bring a tray and trash it there. We have to pass a few grocery stores to get to the turnpike..

We can split the cost, probably $2 pp or something like that should cover it?

I'll come back before I turn in for the night and let me know if you veto or no.

Summer,

That's fine with us.....

In addition to the big bottle of rum, we're bringing buffalo chicken dip and crackers.

Dee

Slessenb
November 16th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Home from office at 7 and quick dinner. Checked in for flight finishing packing. Leave at 7:30 am for airport. Hope our three bags are not over the limit.

Howard, Jim said you checked in on me tonight. See you in less than 24 hours.

Craftdee2
November 16th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Had a lovely day with family.

Marge so sorry about GS. Thank goodness he is OK, but this will be a real learning experience for him.

Stay safe & happy trails to everyone traveling Thursday & Friday. See you all on board.
Marge see you at the bus!
Springhill Gang save some partying for the ship!

Diane

hac82
November 17th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Since later this morning I am going to be getting ready to leave, I do not think it would be a good idea to have the computer on. So, as I get ready for a good night sleep, I will dream about our ship steaming its way to Bayonne and in its wake is a message that is telling us that we have just
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/1-1.jpg
day left to go. I am not sure if I will be able to get the last post in from the Springhill, but I will sure give it a try. See you all soon.

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Welcome to this side of the pond!

DPNBP
November 17th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Summer, that sounds good to us! Sorry so late responding. Finally stopped to come on to read.

Still haven't finished packing. :mad: It's crazy I have way too much stuff and don't know what to get rid of. :eek: I need to get to bed and hopfully get some sleep and finish in the morning. I'm beyond exhausted.
Dianne

divawright
November 17th, 2011, 12:57 AM
LOL.........at around 1:30 while we were at lunch she told me I could leave whenever I wanted to, but I didn't get out of there till around 2:30.

Patty

Oh lucky both of you. My boss is sure to keep me OT at least an hour. It happens everytime i go on vacation. She's otherwise a great boss but its always crazy the week before I go.
Happy Belated Birthday, ladies!
Can't wait to meet you all!
Safe & happy travels.
A hui hou!
Georgia

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

MikeKl
November 17th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Summer, not sure what time we are going to arrive at Springhill, planing on leaving the city at 5pm, however I think the Occupy Wall Street protests are gonna mess with our schedule. My office is across from city hall and they are all gonna be there tomorrow around the same time I am leaving.....uggh.....We are probably gonna do our own thing for dinner

emcee207
November 17th, 2011, 04:49 AM
This will be the first of my 50 posts this morn to beat Howard to #8,000. while he is packing and driving to Springhill I'll be posting away.:D

Mike, I know you'll be watching but I heard a rerun of the made for TV movie "Heidi" will be pre-empting the Jets game. Sorry!

emcee207
November 17th, 2011, 05:36 AM
49 more to go......................49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer.........

obobber
November 17th, 2011, 05:36 AM
BON VOYAGE, pirate buddies sailing tomorrow! Have a wonderful cruise.

Wish I were joining you.

atog254
November 17th, 2011, 06:09 AM
T o m o r r o w !

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Only 46 to go Luigi. Aren't you headed to the Highlands today? Thought I remembered you saying something about a nephew's restaurant or something. Have to get the name from you. Check out the new bridge Alex's company built.

We will hit 8000 no problem. I'm sure we will have some additional postings today from Chatty Patty too cause she's off work. I'm hoping to get some packing done this morning since one of my meetings was cancelled. Wahoo

One more day. Let's go!

pamkev
November 17th, 2011, 06:40 AM
BON VOYAGE, pirate buddies sailing tomorrow! Have a wonderful cruise.

Wish I were joining you.

Thanks when are your sailing again

pamkev
November 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Grrrrrrrr guess I'm not calling in sick or even leaving early as someone else did now I must go in:( Glad I got my nails done last night and not today like I planned

Pam

firedog001
November 17th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Good Morning everyone:

I hoped to get back on last night to wish everyone a safe trip to the ship. Too much stuff to get done. Last few hours at work, then we are leaving. Finished packing final clothes this morning. Thank goodness. So glad we are driving because i couldn't put anything back. I'm worried about the weather. Oh well.

Summer, As i said last night, if there are others that want you to get food, we will definitely join all of you. We'll need to eat. Thanks so much for doing this. We'll give you money when we get there.

So many people did so much extra to make this time fly by. You all need to pat yourself on the back as we all thank you. Sending us updates, countdowns, name tags, tshirts, taking care of bus service, those with the Celebrity knowledge; none of you had to do this. You all made it so much more than just a cruise critic thread. It was like one big family.

For all of you going to Springhill today or tonight, we can't wait to meet everyone, everyone else we'll see you either inside or outside at sailaway. We will be doing both.

Lynda and Marty

2SeaWithMe
November 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM
It's so nice to see that "1"!!

I had horrific nightmares last night so I've been up for quite a while this morning. When I lack sleep I tend to make up silly songs and sing them to my husband...but he was doing my chores for me last night so I shall subject you all to my talent(lessness).

With apologies to Frank Sinatra and "My Way"

My Cruise

And now, the time is come,
for us to board the ship in Bayonne.
New friends, and lots of fun,
and so this song, I made a play on.

We'll eat some real posh food,
and drink too much, and dance quite funny
Than in the ca-sin-o
lose all of our money.

We might turn slightly green
if the seas become too stormy
But you're here with your true love;
so take a pill and get real.....

BETTER! (You dirty mind!)

So shake dust off that tux,
get on the ship, it's time to party!
I wish you all safe roads,
and health hale & hearty!!

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
This will be the first of my 50 posts this morn to beat Howard to #8,000. while he is packing and driving to Springhill I'll be posting away.:D

Mike, I know you'll be watching but I heard a rerun of the made for TV movie "Heidi" will be pre-empting the Jets game. Sorry!

hahahahaha......Shirley Temple "Heidi"?? One of my favorites! LOL :D:D

Patty

mjwcruising
November 17th, 2011, 08:24 AM

49 more to go......................49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer.........

I had horrific nightmares last night so I've been up for quite a while this morning. When I lack sleep I tend to make up silly songs and sing them to my husband...but he was doing my chores for me last night so I shall subject you all to my talent(lessness).

My Cruise

Than in the ca-sin-o
lose all of our money.

You two are certainly going to help going to make this cruise full of laughs:D

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Only 46 to go Luigi. Aren't you headed to the Highlands today? Thought I remembered you saying something about a nephew's restaurant or something. Have to get the name from you. Check out the new bridge Alex's company built.

We will hit 8000 no problem. I'm sure we will have some additional postings today from Chatty Patty too cause she's off work. I'm hoping to get some packing done this morning since one of my meetings was cancelled. Wahoo

One more day. Let's go!

LOL, yep, I'm home today!!! But I have to go for manicure and pedicure around 11 am so that's your best chance Luigi of hitting the 8,000 post!!!
;) But ya better watch out for Steve.......I think he has his eye on it too!

Kim, glad one of your meetings were cancelled.

Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Summer, hahahaha...........good one! So if you have horrid dreams on the ship, where should we all go so you can entertain us? LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:32 AM
36 bottles of beer on the wall, 36 bottles of beer................:D

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Summer,

I want you all to sing the name game on the way to the port...........LOL Start with the front of the bus and work your way backwards.......time will fly by and your'll probably drive the busdriver crazy......LOL

Summer Summer, bo bummer, banana, fama, fo fummer, fe fi mo mummer......Summer. :D:D

Ok, off to get a 2nd cup of coffee!

Safe travels to all traveling today and see everyone tomorrow. Springhill Gang, have a great time tonight!!

Patty

DPNBP
November 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Sorry you had a bad night! I wish my bad night's sleep would reap talent from me like it does you! They only make me more disfunctional. :eek:
WOO HOO! I'M SO EXCITED! I just have to see what I can eliminate from the suitcases. It's just way too much stuff. There is no way we could have flown with all this crap! :rolleyes: I don't know how the rest of you managed to keep you'll luggage count down. Maybe it's because our clothes are bigger. :o
See you later SpringHill Gang and the rest of you, TOMORROW. :D
Dianne

My Cruise

Than in the ca-sin-o
lose all of our money.

rustyztwo
November 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Good traveling to all, may your plane, train and bus rides to the ship be on time and otherwise uneventful.
Quick note that the forecast for tomorrow night has dropped a few more degrees with a low in the low 30's. Perfect weather to escape from.

2SeaWithMe
November 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Patty I used to hate the name game as a kid. LOL

Summer the Bummer.

OK, I am removing myself from the computer until I have things done

The response was lukewarm to food...I know we've all been trying to think of things.

If I have time I'll have cheese and crackers but if not I'll have a smile and some granola bars. LOL

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Patty I used to hate the name game as a kid. LOL

Summer the Bummer.

OK, I am removing myself from the computer until I have things done

The response was lukewarm to food...I know we've all been trying to think of things.

If I have time I'll have cheese and crackers but if not I'll have a smile and some granola bars. LOL

LOL.....Summer, I used to love singing it on bustrips when I was a kid, but hated when they did my name.......banana fama fo fatty.......Patty :rolleyes:

Patty

hac82
November 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I figured I would make a post get us 1 closer to 8000. We are now on the road we will see you guys soon. Okay Luigi it's your turn for the next post.

JonnyGUofD
November 17th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Just a post to help you guys get to 8K

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I had a little meltdown this morning...didn't sleep too well...now I'm getting the pre-vacation panic going. Couldn't find some of the clothes I wanted to bring in the bins I segregated of summer cruise stuff so....had Alex climb in the eaves (we have a cape and my other seasons clothes are in the eaves behind my closet)...and dig out all the bins. I have way too many clothes I think - but still can't find what I'm looking for. Found a few blouses but not all and burst into tears over it. I'm getting irrational. Also, realized I want to go buy a few things....ugh!

Gottta get this work crap done so I can focus on packing.

nycmode
November 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
1 MORE DAY, WOO!

Btw how early is everyone getting to the port? Is noon too early to check in/board the ship?

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Just a post to help you guys get to 8K

Come on Jonny - you only have 8 posts - we need your help!

2SeaWithMe
November 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Goodness!! Best laid plans.

two of my three dogs just got out. They always come right back, but I'm trying to figure out how the 100 lb mastiff got through the darn fence. The terrier climbs jungle cat style. There's no keeping her in.

So, I might be later. All the dogs need to be bathed again and the 'breach' located.

cubfan65
November 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
We are holding steady at 206 for the Cruise connection party. While this information is rather pointless, it does add a small value to get to 8,000. We will be on the road shortly for Springhill.

Cheers,
John

2SeaWithMe
November 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I had a little meltdown this morning...didn't sleep too well...now I'm getting the pre-vacation panic going. Couldn't find some of the clothes I wanted to bring in the bins I segregated of summer cruise stuff so....had Alex climb in the eaves (we have a cape and my other seasons clothes are in the eaves behind my closet)...and dig out all the bins. I have way too many clothes I think - but still can't find what I'm looking for. Found a few blouses but not all and burst into tears over it. I'm getting irrational. Also, realized I want to go buy a few things....ugh!

Aw...hugs to you! If it helps, I dreamt Dewey was killing people and feeding them to our dogs. I'm reading a rather violent murder mystery.....lol. He gets mad when I have dreams about him because I wake up irrationally angry at him!

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM
1 MORE DAY, WOO!

Btw how early is everyone getting to the port? Is noon too early to check in/board the ship?

We live about 30-40 mins. away and are planning to leave our house at 10:30. I like to get to the ship early and start my vacation....noon isn't too early for us. In the past we've waited a bit at the port to board but thought boarding usually starts between 11 and noon - anybody else - what do you think?

pamkev
November 17th, 2011, 10:04 AM

I never sleep well right before we go away always worried I'm forgetting something. Helping the post count along

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
OMG, you guys are crazy!! Summer, keep Dewey away from our cabin in your dreams, okay........:D Now I'll proabably have nightmares of Dewey feeding me to your dogs!!
Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Kim,

I've been telling you to pack!! I'm sure you have enough clothes, don't worry about it! What's in my suitcase is in there and that's it.........I'm not worrying anymore about clothes!! But I am going to dress warm tomorrow.........it's gonna be cold!!!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Where is Steve???? I think he did the most work for this thread and he should have the honor of Post 8,000!!!!

He's not cruising already, is he? LOL I know Linda and Richard were stopping by to see them so maybe he's already had a few Margarita's......:D

Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Ohhhhh...........17 to go!!!!

Well, I'm hopping in the shower, I have about 1/2 hour to get out of the house and get my pedi and mani. Had a haircut and I always like how she cuts it, but not so much this time. I don't know what she did but I'm not happy with it. Oh well.........I'll have to live with it now!!! Why does that always happen!!! :rolleyes:

Patty

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if RICK, the starter of this thread came on and posted for Post 8,000? LOL

Patty

firedog001
November 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Kim: it's not the end of the world. Calm down. Whatever you take will be fine. If you need more clothes, we are stopping at enough islands to get some. LOL. No need to worry at this point.

firedog001
November 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
We are holding steady at 206 for the Cruise connection party. While this information is rather pointless, it does add a small value to get to 8,000. We will be on the road shortly for Springhill.

Cheers,
John

John
We'll see both of you tonight. Getting ready to leave work.
Lynda

firedog001
November 17th, 2011, 10:17 AM
1 MORE DAY, WOO!

Our bus from Springhill Suites is picking us up at 10 am. Should be at the port by 10:30. So noon is not too early to check in.

I've not posted enough to be the 8,000 post, just trying to push it up for some of you.

I'm off the site as of now, See you all soon.

Lynda

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I think we will all be sitting here waiting for someone "special" to post 8,000....gotta get there so I can get focused on finishing my work. I just keep refreshing the screen!

nycmode
November 17th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cool! We are leaving the city at 1130 am. We live about 30 min away so noon it is. Can't wait until tomorrow!! :D :D :D :D :D

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Watching this forum is certainly more fun than reading these white papers on improving R&D productivity and efficiency....ugh!

pamkev
November 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM
This time tomorrow hoping to be at the port and getting ready to board the ship. 9 more post to go

caribbean1004
November 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
We called car service for 1pm for tomorrow! It takes us about an hour to get there. Wish so badly that we could leave earlier, but my husband will be working up until the final minutes! Do you think that's too late? Now I'm getting paranoid! Time to finish packing - only have like 40% done! See you all tomorrow!!!

beachbuzzard
November 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
We called car service for 1pm for tomorrow! It takes us about an hour to get there. Wish so badly that we could leave earlier, but my husband will be working up until the final minutes! Do you think that's too late? Now I'm getting paranoid! Time to finish packing - only have like 40% done! See you all tomorrow!!!

Oh no, you'll be fine. In fact my friend Jim says by that time so many people have boarded that you breeze through check in. He did that last time he cruised and loved it. Me and Kim? We'll be too anxious to wait that long - I'd rather get there and wait in the terminal than wait at home!!

Alex

pamkev
November 17th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Oh no, you'll be fine. In fact my friend Jim says by that time so many people have boarded that you breeze through check in. He did that last time he cruised and loved it. Me and Kim? We'll be to anxious to wait that long - I'd rather get there and wait in the terminal than wait at home!!

Alex

Yep I agree with you I will be chomping at the bit to leave at 6 am although not to sure Pat and Rod want us showing up at there house before 8 wait maybe we could go out for breakfast with them:D

kimba1
November 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I will miss the big 8,000 post live...gotta log off to run a few errands and get to my meetings in Jersey City...crap! Good news - found the blouse I was looking for - evidently my daughter did some laundry and hung it with hers in the laundry room. WAHOO....a few more hours of this work crap then off to vaca!

Later.

beachbuzzard
November 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I will miss the big 8,000 post live...gotta log off to run a few errands and get to my meetings in Jersey City...crap! Good news - found the blouse I was looking for - evidently my daughter did some laundry and hung it with hers in the laundry room. WAHOO....a few more hours of this work crap then off to vaca!

Later.

What about that bathing suit I've been looking for??? I know its around somewhere - at least I have some others and can buy one on the cruise if I choose.

caribbean1004
November 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the reassurances :) Maybe I will try to convince my husband to leave a bit earlier... I really just want to hit up the buffet! haha after all, a hungry wife is a grouchy wife! :D

atog254
November 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
8,000 !

caribbean1004
November 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
8,000 !

It's amazing how chatty we all are and how many friends we've made even before the cruise begins. Whoever replies to this can be post 8K :)