PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette November 18 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Howard,

Sorry to hear about Sharon's father. It's never easy and when things happen at the holidays it makes it so much worse. Just wanted to let you know that prayers, good thoughts and hugs are coming to both of you.

Carol, I was looking at April 24th because he's off from school that week. Just thinking about it, no definite plans yet. I wish the Explorer was doing the Carib that week but it's doing the 5 night Bermuda which I don't want to do in April.

Patty

Host Corkey
November 15th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Howard,

Sorry to hear about Sharon's father. It's never easy and when things happen at the holidays it makes it so much worse. Just wanted to let you know that prayers, good thoughts and hugs are coming to both of you.

Carol, I was looking at April 24th because he's off from school that week. Just thinking about it, no definite plans yet. I wish the Explorer was doing the Carib that week but it's doing the 5 night Bermuda which I don't want to do in April.

Patty

I wish I could take off on the 24th but it conflicted with something = maybe you can just take him out of school and go on the 10th - he can always make up the schoolwork - ha! ha! that's so easy for me to say.... but I understand. Would be so nice to cruise with you on that ship - I got my final details today from my beautiful TA and seems like I am NOT on the Voyager April 3 2011 - I now on the Freedom April 10, 2011--- yay for me!!who wants to come?

carol

beachbuddy
November 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
I wish I could take off on the 24th but it conflicted with something = maybe you can just take him out of school and go on the 10th - he can always make up the schoolwork - ha! ha! that's so easy for me to say.... but I understand. Would be so nice to cruise with you on that ship - I got my final details today from my beautiful TA and seems like I am NOT on the Voyager April 3 2011 - I now on the Freedom April 10, 2011--- yay for me!!who wants to come?

carol

Carol, aren't you doing a back to back?? Isn't your nephew on the 1st leg with you?

Believe me, I don't want to go during Easter week - there will be to many kids!!! Anyway, nothing is definite.......just thinking about it.

Patty

RodPat
November 15th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Carol, Rod and I are still here. We don't leave until Thursday and will stay by Newark airport, We fly on Friday to Ft. Lauderdale and sail on Constellation on Saturday Nov. 20. Can't wait to just sit on my balcony and do nothing. We have a great roll call for this trip and it looks like we are in for alot of fun.

Your Freedom cruise sounds like fun. Glad you have a date now. April 10 sounds like a good time for you. Freedom is a great ship with lots to do on her.

Pat

RodPat
November 15th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Howard, Please accept on condolences on Sharon's fathers health. 78 is not so old though as where I live we have many people in their 80's and 90's and many of them can dance around me. I think it has more to do when God wants to call us home again.

Pat

Host Corkey
November 16th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Patty - Narce decided he didn't want to do a B2B = maybe next time, he said - like on the Oasis - too many things at work - that's ok - we'll make the most of it.

Pat/Rod - will be thinking of you - I love cruises, but I sure hate the preps and the flights (if we have to fly into a port) - but it's all worth it - esp when we are with friends we love.

Nite Nite Everyone - manana again- carol

pamkev
November 16th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Pam, Does your GD have off from school that week? Our GS is off the week after Easter. Seems some schools around here are off the week before Easter and go back to school Easter Monday and others are off from Good Friday and the week after Easter.

Patty

She is off the Wed before Easter and goes back the Tuesday after Easter

hac82
November 16th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Sharon's father passed last night. He went less than 2 hours after we left the Hospice. He may have been a stubborn person, but he did know how to get things done and he also made sure that a promise was never broken. We have lost a wonderful person and for me he was not just my father-in-law, but for last 28 years he was a 2nd dad to me.

beachbuddy
November 16th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Sharon's father passed last night. He went less than 2 hours after we left the Hospice. He may have been a stubborn person, but he did know how to get things done and he also made sure that a promise was never broken. We have lost a wonderful person and for me he was not just my father-in-law, but for last 28 years he was a 2nd dad to me.

Howard,

So sorry to hear about Sharon's father. Please accept our condolences. Thinking of you all.

Patty

RodPat
November 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Howard, Please let Sharon know how sorry we are that her father passed. I will keep her in my prayers.

Pat

beachlovergirl
November 16th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Howard and Sharon,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dee and John

Host Corkey
November 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Howard and Sharon:

So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing -
Our sympathies and condolences to you and your family.

Hugs,
Carol & Narce

MikeKl
November 16th, 2010, 03:35 PM
My condolences go out to Howard and Sharon and their family for your loss; My wife loss her father to cancer 2 years ago and all the support we received went a long way in the recovery process!!

MikeKl
November 16th, 2010, 03:37 PM
My cruise hangover has really set in and the reality of no cruise until next November hurts.......

Host Corkey
November 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM
My cruise hangover has really set in and the reality of no cruise until next November hurts.......

a lady on one of my other threads has 15 cruises booked for next yr...

at least I have a cruise for april 2011 to look forward to - and maybe a land trip - then our Nov one... but I know what you are saying...

carol

hac82
November 16th, 2010, 08:58 PM
To everyone, Sharon and I want to thank you for your kind words. They mean so much to both of us. It has been a tough year for us, but with the kind thoughts of friends, it helps us move forward.

Host Corkey
November 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
We are definitely here for you Howard and Sharon - take care - be strong - also for Sharon's Mom.... carol

pamkev
November 17th, 2010, 06:40 AM

So sorry to hear about your lost:(

RodPat
November 17th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I just got good news today. Rod's company trip to Mexico was cancelled and we are now going to Aruba in March. So much better, we love Aruba and gambling:D Now I don't mind that he won extra days. Beach there is lovely. Last time we went to the Marriott, this time we are going to the Div.

Pat

hac82
November 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I just got good news today. Rod's company trip to Mexico was cancelled and we are now going to Aruba in March. So much better, we love Aruba and gambling:D Now I don't mind that he won extra days. Beach there is lovely. Last time we went to the Marriott, this time we are going to the Div.

Pat
Sounds like a better deal to me. Enjoy it.

beachbuddy
November 17th, 2010, 07:01 PM

Pat

Sounds like a good deal to me! This is one time that a trip cancellation is a good thing! LOL

Patty

RodPat
November 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me! This is one time that a trip cancellation is a good thing! LOL

Patty

Patty, I have been after them for a long time now. Every time there was something in the paper about crime I would send it in to them. Last week I sent them an article in USA today about how merchants were not accepting US dollars. You could only get $1500 in pesos a week. We enjoyed the all inclusive last year but there is just too much bad stuff happening down there now. We love Aruba, the weather is always nice. Warm but always a breeze, friendly people. Great restaurants and easy to get around. Nothing bad about it. Rod says we are only going for 5 days but because he won Circle C we will have ocean front rooms. I can still live with that. Rather be cruising but they said next year we will cruise again for the trip.

We used to go to Hawaii every other year but they don't do that anymore as it seems to be too expensive for them. I think it has to do with the airfare, very expensive to fly everyone back and forth.

Pat

Host Corkey
November 17th, 2010, 11:34 PM
When we were in Puerto Vallerta, we walked to the WalMart - didn't buy much, just souvenirs for the grand nieces... we gave them $25 and they gave us back about $2 change in pesos -- we just gave the change to a worker who was cleaning the streets - no big deal, not like we got a lot back in pesos - the other ports were ok - got dollars back in change.

WE didn't wander off from the ports this time.

Love Aruba too, Pat, so colorful! carol

beachbuddy
November 18th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Patty, I have been after them for a long time now. Every time there was something in the paper about crime I would send it in to them. Last week I sent them an article in USA today about how merchants were not accepting US dollars. You could only get $1500 in pesos a week. We enjoyed the all inclusive last year but there is just too much bad stuff happening down there now. We love Aruba, the weather is always nice. Warm but always a breeze, friendly people. Great restaurants and easy to get around. Nothing bad about it. Rod says we are only going for 5 days but because he won Circle C we will have ocean front rooms. I can still live with that. Rather be cruising but they said next year we will cruise again for the trip.

We used to go to Hawaii every other year but they don't do that anymore as it seems to be too expensive for them. I think it has to do with the airfare, very expensive to fly everyone back and forth.

Pat

Pat,

What part of Mexico were you supposed to be going to? We've only been to Aruba once (heehee same day Carol was there but we didn't know each other then - we were on an 11 night Brilliance cruise and so were Carol and Narce) and we loved Aruba. We did have a full day there from early a.m. and we didn't have to be back on the ship until midnight. Went touring in the a.m., then snorkeling, then hung out at the beach, then did some shopping, back to the ship to shower and eat and back out to gamble and ended the night at Carlos and Charlie's. Walked back to the ship at midnight with 3/4 of Carlos and Charlie's..........LOL Would love to go back there again.

Patty

RodPat
November 18th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Pat,

What part of Mexico were you supposed to be going to? We've only been to Aruba once (heehee same day Carol was there but we didn't know each other then - we were on an 11 night Brilliance cruise and so were Carol and Narce) and we loved Aruba. We did have a full day there from early a.m. and we didn't have to be back on the ship until midnight. Went touring in the a.m., then snorkeling, then hung out at the beach, then did some shopping, back to the ship to shower and eat and back out to gamble and ended the night at Carlos and Charlie's. Walked back to the ship at midnight with 3/4 of Carlos and Charlie's..........LOL Would love to go back there again.

Patty

Patty, We were going to go to Cancun to the Dreams Resort. It looked great and last time we went to Cancun we stayed at Moon Palace which was lovely also. If you never leave there, I am sure you are fine but last time we took some tours as they were included with our stay. Now I might not feel so good taking them. When they started this money exchange thing, I really did not want to go. They are having way too much trouble with drugs down there.
We have stayed in Aruba before at the Marriott,but this time they are staying at the Divi. We have been to Aruba many times on cruises and in fact we stop there on this cruise coming up. You can ask Pam about Carlos and Charlies. She went there the last cruise we went on that stopped there. My nickname for her is "Baloon Head" :D;)

Leaving this afternoon, will try and find you guys on the ship internet.

Pat

beachbuzzard
November 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Ok everyone - time to think about what today is!! Well besides being my great-aunts 92nd birthday. What will today be one year from now!!!?? We are finally at the one year mark to go!! WOOHOOO!!!! Now we can really start counting down!

Of course there are other things to do first - like go skiing in Tahoe in January with my boys and then March to San Francisco (yes Carol, Kim and I are coming - land at SFO late in the evening of March 2 and staying in S.F. till March 5 or 6) and Reno for the National bowling tourney! Oh, and the Myrtle Beach golf tourney in August. But I don't have near as much stuff planned as Pat and Rod! Wow, you guys sure do get around!!!

So, let's start the official one year countdown - 365 days to go!! It will be here in no time, right?

Host Corkey
November 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Yay - JUST one more year!! it'll go fast - hey - look how fast this year went - it's Christmas time again! will note the dates Kim/alex.... last year I did that re: Pat/Rod's visit to SF, and I put down the WRONG date!!

Yes, Patty, too bad we didn't meet in 2004 - I am sure we were sitting at the Schooners together at some time enjoying that silly Bartenders magic tricks -

If we had met, you could have also met my Sil from PA and also my Mom was with us during that cruise.

Aruba is so cute - we stopped there for the first time during our Panama Canal cruise - then in 2004 - probably was right by Patty and didn't even know it!!

Pat/Rod -- Have a super duper cruise!!

carol

beachbuddy
November 18th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Ok everyone - time to think about what today is!! Well besides being my great-aunts 92nd birthday. What will today be one year from now!!!?? We are finally at the one year mark to go!! WOOHOOO!!!! Now we can really start counting down!

Of course there are other things to do first - like go skiing in Tahoe in January with my boys and then March to San Francisco (yes Carol, Kim and I are coming - land at SFO late in the evening of March 2 and staying in S.F. till March 5 or 6) and Reno for the National bowling tourney! Oh, and the Myrtle Beach golf tourney in August. But I don't have near as much stuff planned as Pat and Rod! Wow, you guys sure do get around!!!

So, let's start the official one year countdown - 365 days to go!! It will be here in no time, right?

Alex, I've been thinking about what today was since I woke up this morning!!! Yahoo!!!!!! The countdown is on!!!!

Don't forget, just let us know if you need to park a car here for your Tahoe trip!

Happy Birthday to Aunt Bess.......God Bless her!

Patty

beachbuddy
November 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Pat and Rod,

I'm sure your on your way, but wanted to say "have a great cruise".

Patty

pamkev
November 21st, 2010, 05:57 AM
I talked to Pat yesterday and getting on the ship was not a pretty picture. I guess they had to stay outside the building standing for over a hour then got inside finally with more problems. I think it took them over 2 and half hours to get on the ship. The went to go try Bistro on Five and it was not open so had to go upstairs to the buffet Not a good way to start a cruise.

Pam

beachbuddy
November 21st, 2010, 07:32 AM
I talked to Pat yesterday and getting on the ship was not a pretty picture. I guess they had to stay outside the building standing for over a hour then got inside finally with more problems. I think it took them over 2 and half hours to get on the ship. The went to go try Bistro on Five and it was not open so had to go upstairs to the buffet Not a good way to start a cruise.

Pam

Pam,

Pat posted on facebook yesterday that they had already been sitting in the terminal for 2 hours with 1,000 other people and no lines were moving. She said they were unable to take the pictures for the room card or something..... I guess those things happen.........just have to relax and not let it bother you.

I was reading on facebook that people sailing on the allure had a bunch of issues too! None of their room cards were opening their cabin doors........LOL There were tons of people at guest relations desk trying to get their card fixed.......LOL Of course, this was a shake down cruise so I don't think any of the passengers paid so they shouldn't have anything to complain about.

Ewwwww, it's cold out there today!!!! Have a good rest of your weekend!

Patty

bagsybarlow
November 21st, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone.

I don't get on here so much now because I am having problems reading the screen which is too bright even with my computer glasses on. I do think of you all and look forward to meeting you soon as it is not long now.

Howard, please accept our sincere sympathy & condolences.

To everyone cruising have wonderful and safe cruises

It is bitterly cold here today and it was freezing in church which is unusual but the baptism of the baby made for warm thoughts because she was gorgeous and babbled all the way through and had such an infectious giggle.

Take care everyone and stay safe
Betty

RodPat
November 21st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Okay I am on the ship and having a good time. Internet is very slow but I thought I would come on a few times and tell you that I am still alive:D. They have solstirised this ship and tonight will be eating in Tuscan grill. It was a great Italian rest on Solstice so am looking forward to seeing how this one compares. Have our cruise connection party at 10:30 so have to go. Great group of cruise critics on this ship. Had my first time in a Penthouse suite yesterday, as the woman who has that suite threw a party for sailawy but we did not sailaway until after 7pm. All the coast guards fault as this ship just got back from Europe yesterday and so many things had to be cleared by the coast guard.. Everything is normal now, seas are rolling a little which I like so I know I am on the sea. I will report another day.

Wish you all were on with me now.

Pat

beachbuddy
November 21st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Pat,

Glad you finally got on the ship! LOL

Have a great time!! Wish we were on with you!

The weather was so nice this weekend that Tony put the Christmas lights outside and I decorated a few of the evergree trees outside with red bows. I also took out some of the Christmas decorations and started putting some around the house. The tree will go up the day after Thanksgiving.

Patty

hac82
November 24th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Well we made it to Seattle and I can say that Southwest was a great airline. The crew from Boston to Denver kept us laughing the whole way. One attendant kept singing and told us that she was allergic to chocolate. It made her clothes shrink. Great flights on both legs and fantastic landings. Then the fun really started.

Boston was 20 degrees warmer than Seattle. We were freezing our rumps off. Seattle had snow last night and the city was brought to its knees. KOMO TV should have some great clips. Then as our driver from the hotel took the ramp off the highway into the city, we bounced off the guardrail on the outside of the ramp. Tonight when our DD bright us back to the hotel from her apartment, it looked like the front passenger door lock broke after I got in and I could not get out without climbing over the center console and get past the steering wheel in her '88 Corolla. What a sight. What a day.

Can someone also copy this post to the IOS 12/2 thread so "Lucy" can have a laugh.

hac82
November 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I managed to get online at the hotel and reposted to the 12/2 thread. So far today, nothing humorous to report. I am sure something will happen by the end of the day though. It just seems to be that kind of trip. :D Lucy, are you sure you are not in Seattle somewhere stalking me? :p:D

Host Corkey
November 25th, 2010, 12:25 AM
happy thanksgiving to everyone - next yr we will all be celebrating together!!

can't wait!!

carol

hac82
November 25th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Here is what I posted a little while ago on another thread at 8:30 our time...

Today it was just downright freezing. Imagine going to the Pike Place market to get the Turkey y and oysters for the stuffing and wishing you were in the oven yourself because you are so "bleeping" cold. I was worried that the fresh, non-frozen Turkey would be frozen before we got it back to DD's apt.

Then we went to dinner at a Greek restaurant that we had a great coupon for and found it closed when we got there.

Right now DD & Sharon are working on the pie and stuffing for tomorrow. That should be safe.

BTW, DD's car door is fine today so no more Lucy gymnastics today. PHEW.

Now it is 10:00 PM our time and.....
I spoke too soon. While Sharon was cutting the apples for the pie, a large piece of glass that was part of a frame to a picture that DD had on the wall for almost 4 years, fell out of the frame and shattered on the table that Sharon was using. We had to clean up all the glass, DD had to run to the store to get new apples, and we cut up the new ones....now the pie continues.

I said it before, this is an interesting trip.

hac82
November 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Holidays/Thanksgiving/thanksgiving.gifHope you all have a pleasant and uneventful day.

bagsybarlow
November 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and next year we will be able to say it in person
Betty

beachbuddy
November 25th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and next year we will be able to say it in person
Betty

Betty, Next year can't come soon enough!!! LOL

Howard, Maybe you better stay in a glass cage today.......no, maybe you should make that a steel cage........stay away from glass...........LOL

Hope everyone here has a Blessed Happy Thanksgiving! It's all about giving thanks for what we have because there are so many that have so little. Enjoy your meal and your families.

Patty & Tony

pamkev
November 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
One year ago today we were headed to Rome, this thanksgiving home turkey roasting, potatoes peeled next year on a beautiful ship with many new and old friends can't wait:):)

RodPat
November 25th, 2010, 03:20 PM
just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. Weather has been wonderful but this ship is so quiet. Really old people on here. Martini bar has about no more than 8 of us there at night. Casino is like a ghost town. Rod can't even play blackjack because no one is at the tables and he hates playing alone. Lots of Germans on this trip and they don't spend spit. Other than that the ship is beautiful and food is delicious just like days of old here on Celebrity. Here in St. Lucia today, rained a little this morning but sun came out. wish you all were here with me to liven this place up.

Pat

beachbuddy
November 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM
just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. Weather has been wonderful but this ship is so quiet. Really old people on here. Martini bar has about no more than 8 of us there at night. Casino is like a ghost town. Rod can't even play blackjack because no one is at the tables and he hates playing alone. Lots of Germans on this trip and they don't spend spit. Other than that the ship is beautiful and food is delicious just like days of old here on Celebrity. Here in St. Lucia today, rained a little this morning but sun came out. wish you all were here with me to liven this place up.

Pat

Pat,

Wish we were there with you too! We'd certainly liven things up! LOL

There's so many leftovers here so these kids better take lots of food home with them!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rod.

Patty

hac82
November 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM
DD made a fantastic meal. Spiced whole cranbearry sauce, roasted root vegetables, homemade mushroom gravy and a fantastic oyster dressing to go along with the Turkey. Right now we are digesting so there will be room for the cinnamon crumb apple pie (warm) with vanilla ice cream.

Host Corkey
November 29th, 2010, 05:18 PM
DD made a fantastic meal. Spiced whole cranbearry sauce, roasted root vegetables, homemade mushroom gravy and a fantastic oyster dressing to go along with the Turkey. Right now we are digesting so there will be room for the cinnamon crumb apple pie (warm) with vanilla ice cream.

Yum Yum!! Your DD did really really good! sounds like you had a great visit with her -

carol

hac82
November 30th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Well, we made it back early this AM and I am already back at work. A little delay getting out of Seattle (1 hour), Southwest held the connecting flights in Denver (thank goodness) and we only got into Boston 25 minutes late.

Body screening machines were not working in Seattle so we went through the metal detectors and Sharon's knee triggered it. She had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to come over to give her a pat down..... GEESH. Sharon also tossed a couple of items in the carry on bag that were over the 3.5 ounce limit and that delayed us. Also, TSA in Seattle was more stringent than Boston. A friend of mine who is a TSA in Boston told me how to pack the bag for quick scanning and even though it worked in Boston, it did not in Seattle. Thank goodness we went 2 hrs early. Waiting for the wheelchair for my dad and then through security it took an hour.

Other details later.

beachbuddy
November 30th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Well, we made it back early this AM and I am already back at work. A little delay getting out of Seattle (1 hour), Southwest held the connecting flights in Denver (thank goodness) and we only got into Boston 25 minutes late.

Body screening machines were not working in Seattle so we went through the metal detectors and Sharon's knee triggered it. She had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to come over to give her a pat down..... GEESH. Sharon also tossed a couple of items in the carry on bag that were over the 3.5 ounce limit and that delayed us. Also, TSA in Seattle was more stringent than Boston. A friend of mine who is a TSA in Boston told me how to pack the bag for quick scanning and even though it worked in Boston, it did not in Seattle. Thank goodness we went 2 hrs early. Waiting for the wheelchair for my dad and then through security it took an hour.

Other details later.

This is why I don't want to fly anymore!!!

Host Corkey
December 1st, 2010, 12:35 AM
This is why I don't want to fly anymore!!!

I hated it even before all this new TSA crapp - just them opening my bags freaks me out - of course I have nothing to hide, but I still hate it -

Now, they will see my insides - or outside of my insides -- what's next?

I hate how they are charging for baggage - food (not good either) - won't let you bring water - hate it when you have to take your shoes off, can you imagine those who do not wear socks? like in Hawaii - then you are barefoot too? yukko!! but I make sure I wear socks esp for that - it's the pitts --

carol

RodPat
December 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM
just me again. This is our last port of call Bonaire. Great for snorkling. Seas have been rough this trip. Lots of wind and some rain on every island. Miss you all Talk more when I get home on Saturday.

Pat

SugarLover
December 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Wow, couldn't believe my eyes... 65 pages already of a RC that is a year away?

After skimming a bit, it looks like just a few of you are here, and are pretty tight, having cruised together before. Hope I am not the only new addition to the RC, but perhaps first of many to come?

Just off the inaugural US cruise of the Eclipse (10 day b2b Bahamas & Eastern Carib), and we decided to make cruising a Thanksgiving tradition, since neither of us have much family any more. We booked this cruise since there apparently (according to the Celebrity gal) was no other Caribbean cruise on an S-class (other than the exact cruise we just took) over the turkey holiday. New York is easier for us anyway, and we are already spoiled with the fabulousity (does such a word exist?) of the new Eclipse. We also prefer a longer cruise anyway, and hope there won't be as many kids, even though it's still a holiday cruise.

My BF is from "the Tri-state Metropolitan area" as he likes to say (Conn/NY/NJ), and I think he was the only such passenger on our Eclipse cruise. Sailing out of Cape Liberty, maybe he will find a few other similar characters? :D

When we mentioned our new booking, as we said our goodbyes to the Eclipse crew, many said they would be re-assigned to the Silhouette when it comes out (clearly they must be Celebrity's 'A-team'), so hopefully we will see several familiar faces next November. We sailed AQ on the Eclipse and virtually the whole dining room staff of Blu will be transferring to the Silhouette.

There were a few bugs Eclipse hadn't yet worked out being in the US, so I hope the Silhouette learns more quickly!

Glad to be joining you all!

Host Corkey
December 1st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Welcome SugarLover - you sound so sweet!! ha!ha! glad you liked the Eclipse - I have only been on one X cruise and that was on the old old worn out Infinity - Alaska last May - I am expecting the Silhouette to be grand - Yes, some of us have sailed together - since 2007 - and then again in 2009 - I think I see a pattern here of every two yrs and I am hoping for an EVERY year reunion.

We are friendly so you joined the right group!!

Most of the Gang is from the East Coast!

Again - Welcome!!

Carol

beachbuddy
December 1st, 2010, 08:03 PM
just me again. This is our last port of call Bonaire. Great for snorkling. Seas have been rough this trip. Lots of wind and some rain on every island. Miss you all Talk more when I get home on Saturday.

Pat

Pat,

Sorry about the bad weather. Sue and Jim are having rain and rough seas too. She said she was seasick. Mimi left this past weekend and she said she's had smooth sailing and good weather so far.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Patty

beachbuddy
December 1st, 2010, 08:09 PM

After skimming a bit, it looks like just a few of you are here, and are pretty tight, having cruised together before. Hope I am not the only new addition to the RC, but perhaps first of many to come?

Just off the inaugural US cruise of the Eclipse (10 day b2b Bahamas & Eastern Carib), and we decided to make cruising a Thanksgiving tradition, since neither of us have much family any more. We booked this cruise since there apparently (according to the Celebrity gal) was no other Caribbean cruise on an S-class (other than the exact cruise we just took) over the turkey holiday. New York is easier for us anyway, and we are already spoiled with the fabulousity (does such a word exist?) of the new Eclipse. We also prefer a longer cruise anyway, and hope there won't be as many kids, even though it's still a holiday cruise.

My BF is from "the Tri-state Metropolitan area" as he likes to say (Conn/NY/NJ), and I think he was the only such passenger on our Eclipse cruise. Sailing out of Cape Liberty, maybe he will find a few other similar characters? :D

When we mentioned our new booking, as we said our goodbyes to the Eclipse crew, many said they would be re-assigned to the Silhouette when it comes out (clearly they must be Celebrity's 'A-team'), so hopefully we will see several familiar faces next November. We sailed AQ on the Eclipse and virtually the whole dining room staff of Blu will be transferring to the Silhouette.

There were a few bugs Eclipse hadn't yet worked out being in the US, so I hope the Silhouette learns more quickly!

SugarLover,

Welcome to you and your boyfriend. Some of us do know each other from previous cruises and we've stayed in touch even when we're not cruising. Everyone here is friendly and outgoing so feel free to jump right in. Nice to have you join us..........the more the merrier. Looking forward to seeing all our old friends and meeting some new ones as well.

Patty

Host Corkey
December 1st, 2010, 11:18 PM
Pat - enjoy the rest of your cruise - hoping we will not be having that kind of weather next yr -

Carol

pamkev
December 2nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Sugar Lover,
Welcome to the cruise it's gonna be alot of fun as I was making the turkey this Thanksgiving all I could think of was next year someone else will be doing the cooking:)

Pam

bagsybarlow
December 2nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Sugar Lover.
We are one of the newbies but have found everyone so friendly and can't wait for next year to come.

Sorry the seas don't seem to be so smooth but I am sure if we all wish hard enough we will be sailing the mill pond.

We currently seem to be having some awfully cold, icy and snowy weather here. Fortunately we are not hit as bad as the South, East or Scotland, but the Welsh hills look lovely all blanketed in snow.
I'm only too glad we don't have too much snow but the ice is dreadful and very dangerous. We think ourselves very lucky in the area we live because we seem to avoid the extreme conditions - just have to put up with mosquitoes in the summer.
Take care everyone and stay safe.
Betty

Host Corkey
December 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Bagsy: burrrrrr -- and I am complaining that I am freezing in our low/mid 50's temps!!

I am always glad that we don't have snow - I cringe when I read about the snow problems of the East Coast Gang and you in your area ...

Hey Patty - congrats on reaching over
10,000 Points!! you know me and those points!!

carol

beachbuddy
December 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
Betty,

It was only 33 this morning when I went to work but thank goodness.......no snow yet!!! We did have snow flurries on Thanksgiving but they were just flurries.

Carol, you and your points! LOL Do I get a toaster now??

Patty

Host Corkey
December 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Betty,

It was only 33 this morning when I went to work but thank goodness.......no snow yet!!! We did have snow flurries on Thanksgiving but they were just flurries.

Carol, you and your points! LOL Do I get a toaster now??

Patty

Yes, I'll 'toast' you a congrats when we have a drink together next time we meet!!! carol

pamkev
December 3rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
Betty,
I thought it was cold here in Pa you can keep that weather over across the pond don't want any of it.:eek:

Patty,
Congrats on the milestone. I'm still trying for the 5,000th one. I guess I better get "talking":D

Pam

beachbuddy
December 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Betty,
I thought it was cold here in Pa you can keep that weather over across the pond don't want any of it.:eek:

Patty,
Congrats on the milestone. I'm still trying for the 5,000th one. I guess I better get "talking"
Pam

Pam,

Hahahaha....I don't even pay attention to how many points I have because I have Carol to do that! LOL:D:D She's obcessed!!!!! LOL;);):D

I remember Carol saying "congrats, your Blue Ribbon now" - I had no clue what she was talking about until she told me. LOL

We love you Carol.......

Patty

RodPat
December 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, me again. Have to pack today as they kick us off tomorrow. Really has been a great cruise. Food everywhere has been excellant. Service is good too. Sugarlover, saw the Eclipse in St. Martin. It was too bad you had to be parked next to the ugly Norwegian Epic. Betty, sorry you are having so much bad weather. Lots of Brits here on this ship and they are all wondering if they will make it home.
Pam stop complaining about the cold, wait until winter. Then we will have lots to complain about.

Will be home tomorrow afternoon and will give a full report.

Pat

Host Corkey
December 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Ha!ha! Patty - just shows that I am a yakker!!!

Sorry your cruise has to end Pat - always hate the day when we have to pack to come home - and hate it even more when we are at the lounge waiting to disembark -

carol

hac82
December 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Ha!ha! Patty - just shows that I am a yakker!!!

Sorry your cruise has to end Pat - always hate the day when we have to pack to come home - and hate it even more when we are at the lounge waiting to disembark -

carol
I have to agree with you on that. After all, one of the CC members said it best "Any bad day on a cruise is better than any day in the office."

350 DAYS TO GO

beachbuddy
December 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Here's our ship.............she's coming along just fine!!!

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/7/20101122_b.jpg

Patty

pamkev
December 4th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Talked to Pat today told her she was coming from warm to cold so get ready. Can't wait to hear about her cruise!:)

Host Corkey
December 5th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Talked to Pat today told her she was coming from warm to cold so get ready. Can't wait to hear about her cruise!:)

Can't wait either - I just want our cruise next yr to have perfect weather - carol

beachbuddy
December 5th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Can't wait either - I just want our cruise next yr to have perfect weather - carol

Carol,

I know..........I hope we have good weather too! But hey, I think I noticed a CARD ROOM right by where most of our cabins are...........we can always get a POKER GAME going to pass time! LOL I can have Tony do all his card tricks......he knows quite a bit of them............LOL

Patty

pamkev
December 5th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Carol,

I know..........I hope we have good weather too! But hey, I think I noticed a CARD ROOM right by where most of our cabins are...........we can always get a POKER GAME going to pass time! LOL I can have Tony do all his card tricks......he knows quite a bit of them............LOL

Patty

Sounds like a plan:)

Host Corkey
December 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I am not good with cards - I do not have a poker face so you know exactly what is going on by my expressions - when I do black jack, I count on my fingers and nod my head 1 - 2 -3 as I count - but I can be there and be entertained!!

Nov's are usually good for us - we have never really had any storms or hurricanes during that time - so I am really hoping it'll be perfect for all of us.

carol

beachlovergirl
December 5th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Carol,

Patty

Patty,

I'll have a drink and watch Tony's card tricks.......I don't play poker or blackjack. Like Carol, I have to count on my fingers!! :eek:

Dee

beachbuddy
December 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I am not good with cards - I do not have a poker face so you know exactly what is going on by my expressions - when I do black jack, I count on my fingers and nod my head 1 - 2 -3 as I count - but I can be there and be entertained!!

Nov's are usually good for us - we have never really had any storms or hurricanes during that time - so I am really hoping it'll be perfect for all of us.

carol

LOL..........You can be the CL waitress............LOL Bring snacks! LOL
Just kidding............but I really do think there's a card room by our cabins.......LOL

beachbuddy
December 5th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Patty,

I'll have a drink and watch Tony's card tricks.......I don't play poker or blackjack. Like Carol, I have to count on my fingers!! :eek:

Dee

No?? I know what you play! LOL We have a roulette wheel and felt here (kids bought it for Tony one year) but I ain't bringing it! LOL

Patty

RodPat
December 5th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I am almost my old self but let me stress the word old. We truly had a great time on Constellation. We had a great group of cruise critic members and we all got together often. The food was excellant on this ship. We ate in Tuscan Grille 3 times and Oceanliners twice. We made good friends at the martini bar with a couple from Canada. We went to the specialty restaurants with them for all our times there. Spent alot of time in the new Martini bar tasting all the differents ones they had there. We had a great balcony very big and we were out there alot. My only complaint is that I picked up a stomach bug and it seems to still be with me Hope I will be better tomorrow as I have a dinner dance tomorrow night. I have to get some sleep but trying to watch the last episode of Boardwalk Empire on HBO then hope I get some shut eye.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 5th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I am almost my old self but let me stress the word old. We truly had a great time on Constellation. We had a great group of cruise critic members and we all got together often. The food was excellant on this ship. We ate in Tuscan Grille 3 times and Oceanliners twice. We made good friends at the martini bar with a couple from Canada. We went to the specialty restaurants with them for all our times there. Spent alot of time in the new Martini bar tasting all the differents ones they had there. We had a great balcony very big and we were out there alot. My only complaint is that I picked up a stomach bug and it seems to still be with me Hope I will be better tomorrow as I have a dinner dance tomorrow night. I have to get some sleep but trying to watch the last episode of Boardwalk Empire on HBO then hope I get some shut eye.

Pat

Pat,

Welcome Home!! Hope you feel better by tomorrow.......get some sleep!

Patty

Slessenb
December 6th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Pat,

Sorry about the bad weather. Sue and Jim are having rain and rough seas too. She said she was seasick. Mimi left this past weekend and she said she's had smooth sailing and good weather so far. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Patty

All

I swore during the cruise that I was never cruising again- I think we had 3 really nice days out of 11 days. I honestly did not enjoy this one at all- and am seriously thinking if I really do want to cruise again- yep it was that bad.- One day the winds across the decks got to 82 MPH- not sustained but several times- miserable...

Jim tells me that when I am with all of you next year even if it rains I will be having fun and forget that it is raining---last year was not a great cruise either so maybe I do not like the smaller class of ship- just do not not know which...

It is cold here too- and maybe snow flurries tomorrow-YUK!

Sue

beachbuddy
December 6th, 2010, 06:28 AM
All

I swore during the cruise that I was never cruising again- I think we had 3 really nice days out of 11 days. I honestly did not enjoy this one at all- and am seriously thinking if I really do want to cruise again- yep it was that bad.- One day the winds across the decks got to 82 MPH- not sustained but several times- miserable...

Jim tells me that when I am with all of you next year even if it rains I will be having fun and forget that it is raining---last year was not a great cruise either so maybe I do not like the smaller class of ship- just do not not know which...

Sue

Sue,

Maybe snow flurries here today too!!! Jim is right, you will have a good time next year and good weather!!!! (we're keeping fingers crossed on the weather). 3 good days out of 11?? Sorry you had such bad weather, at least the Jewel has an enclosed solarium - did you get to use that at all?

Patty

hac82
December 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
All

Sue
I tend to agree with Jim. I find that the quality of the cruises I have been on have something to do with those that I cruise with.

Slessenb
December 7th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Sue, Maybe snow flurries here today too!!! Jim is right, you will have a good time next year and good weather!!!! (we're keeping fingers crossed on the weather). 3 good days out of 11?? Sorry you had such bad weather, at least the Jewel has an enclosed solarium - did you get to use that at all?
Patty

The enclosed Solarium was jammed packed all the time. We sat on our aft balcony a lot because we were protected from the rain. The Monday we left FLL- (oh by the way the picture taking machine broke- just like for Pat's cruise ) was nice as well as Tuesday, then part of Wednesday- after that it was rocky, windy and just not fun to be anywhere. Thanksgiving Day we walked on the beach-Palm- in Aruba- but it started getting windy/miserable headed back to port where we shopped a wee bit. By the the time we got back- it was still cloudy- and weather just continued to get worse for the next5 days . The really nice day was Grand Caymans- but that night winds picked up and last seas was awful! I know November is usually nice to cruise so I will chalk it up to the La Nina!

Reality is back as work was crazy today and I actually had to work 5 hours on Sunday! So I need a VACATION!!!!

Slessenb
December 7th, 2010, 12:36 AM
I tend to agree with Jim. I find that the quality of the cruises I have been on have something to do with those that I cruise with.

Howard

The Broncos fired Josh Mcdaniels today do you that NE will take him back?

Sue

hac82
December 7th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Howard

The Broncos fired Josh Mcdaniels today do you that NE will take him back?

Sue
Doubt it. They did not take back Romeo Crennel or Ron Weiss, After last night, offense looked pretty good.

RodPat
December 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
The enclosed Solarium was jammed packed all the time. We sat on our aft balcony a lot because we were protected from the rain. The Monday we left FLL- (oh by the way the picture taking machine broke- just like for Pat's cruise ) was nice as well as Tuesday, then part of Wednesday- after that it was rocky, windy and just not fun to be anywhere. Thanksgiving Day we walked on the beach-Palm- in Aruba- but it started getting windy/miserable headed back to port where we shopped a wee bit. By the the time we got back- it was still cloudy- and weather just continued to get worse for the next5 days . The really nice day was Grand Caymans- but that night winds picked up and last seas was awful! I know November is usually nice to cruise so I will chalk it up to the La Nina!

Reality is back as work was crazy today and I actually had to work 5 hours on Sunday! So I need a VACATION!!!!

Sue, we had a few days where the ship rocked and rolled a bit. Only one day they closed the pools. We had some showers in the mornings and then the rest of the day was fine. Never had rain on sea days. Our two sea days back the weather was wonderful. Flat and sunny and warm. I think this weather was unusual as I have never seen rain in Aruba before. Hate it here in NJ. It is so cold, I can't get Rod to put up the Christmas lights on the house. Friday is supposed to be in the 40's so maybe then he will do it.

Pat

pamkev
December 8th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Did everyone read all the new things being added to our ship. Check out the main board gonna be fun I might not be eating in the MDR at all!:)

RodPat
December 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Did everyone read all the new things being added to our ship. Check out the main board gonna be fun I might not be eating in the MDR at all!:)

Pam,Saw it on Facebook this morning. They had a link to the press conference. Listened to it for an hour late morning. I am glad that there will be a charge for most of the new stuff they are adding. If not you could never get in. Don't mind if the hot glass show is no longer there as the two times I have been on Solstice I never went. I like the changes that they are making.

Pat

RodPat
December 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Celebrity Cruises to Present More Avant-Garde Industry Firsts On Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection
AquaClass Suites, The Lawn Club Grill, The Porch, The Alcoves and new Michael's Club concept among innovative new offerings
MIAMI, Dec. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

How do you make the best even better? Celebrity Cruises believes you break the rules, stay ahead of the curve, and provide what vacationers want most - often before they even say they want it. That belief is vividly reflected in the distinctive, luxurious, vacation-enhancing venues Celebrity will introduce on the fourth and fifth ships in its award-winning Solstice Class fleet, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection.

"We recognize that consumers' vacation time is precious, and that's what drives us to continually create new and unique experiences that enhance their rare time away," said Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. "The host of honors our Solstice Class and Millennium Class have won have been incredible validation of that commitment, and on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection, we're capitalizing on the opportunity to further elevate our onboard offerings, particularly in our Solstice Class' iconic Lawn Club, and with our wildly popular AquaClass category of accommodations and its exclusive specialty restaurant, Blu. Initially, we planned to introduce these exciting new enhancements only on Celebrity Reflection, but to our delight, our outstanding partners at Meyer Werft were able to also deliver every new feature with the exception of AquaClass Suites on Celebrity Silhouette."

NEW AQUACLASS SKY SUITES HIGHLIGHT EXPANDED ACCOMMODATIONS

Driven by high demand for Celebrity's industry-first AquaClass category of spa-inspired accommodations, and by way of an additional deck being added to Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity will introduce on that ship the line's first AquaClass Suites, each offering 251 square feet of luxurious interior space and spacious 57-square-foot verandas, and all the amenities associated with Celebrity's AquaClass accommodations, including exclusive and complimentary access to the highly-rated specialty restaurant, "Blu," noted for inviting, modern design and flavorful, healthy, clean cuisine. The new suites also will offer the luxurious 24/7 butler service that is a hallmark of every suite across the Celebrity fleet.

In addition to the 34 new AquaClass Suites, Celebrity Reflection also will present an additional eight luxurious new Sky Suites, 19 additional plush ConciergeClass staterooms, and 11 additional inside staterooms, bringing the stateroom/suite total to 1,515.

"We gave a great deal of thought about how to ideally accommodate everything we're adding," said Hanrahan. "We're widening the ship slightly, enabling us to introduce each of these exceptional new venues without compromising the Celebrity's premium space ratio and lauded traffic flow.

Additionally, Celebrity Reflection will offer 245 more loungers on its expanded pool deck to suit the increased overall guest capacity, as well as 45 additional seats in the Celebrity Theater, 118 in Oceanview Cafe, 24 additional seats each in Blu and in Tuscan Grille, four more in Qsine, and 40 additional seats in the main dining room, where Celebrity also offers Celebrity Select DiningSM, the industry's first flexible dining option allowing guests to choose when they wish to dine on a flexible, day-by-day basis.

THE LAWN CLUB

Inspired by the popularity of its iconic, industry-first Lawn Club, Celebrity will leverage its brand pillars of outstanding dining experiences, enriching activities, relaxation and pampering, and modern design to offer vacationers on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection significantly expanded opportunities to eat and drink, relax and lounge, and participate and socialize within the inviting space.

The Lawn Club Grill

Both Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will present "The Lawn Club Grill," the industry's first outdoor, interactive grill venue. A new, exceptionally social specialty dining option overlooking the lush lawn and soothing sea, The Lawn Club Grill will boast a design likely to be the envy of novice and experienced chefs alike, with gleaming stainless steel grills and other appliances, custom pizza-making tables and large ovens.

By day, in addition to a casual lunch menu highlighted by a variety of high-end burgers, the venue will present interactive demonstrations and classes focused on pizza-making - including the art of dough-tossing - grilling secrets, mouth-watering marinades and more, led by Celebrity's own chefs, as well as guest chefs participating in Celebrity's "Savor Your Destination" program.

By night, in a particularly unique twist, guests will have their choice from an array of top-quality meats to either grill themselves, side-by-side with Celebrity's chefs, or have grilled to order. A nominal surcharge will apply. Complementing the dinner experience will be libations ranging from wines, beer and sangria, all consistent with the casual nature of the 56-seat restaurant.

The Porch

With its chic, Hamptons-style design, modern furnishings, and creative use of natural light, all complemented by the enticing aroma of fresh-baked breads and pastries, The Porch will be the idyllic spot for quick, simple, casual and complimentary breakfasts and lunches. Offering breathtaking views of the lawn and sea courtesy of its prime location on the starboard side of the ship at the entrance to Lawn Club, the intimate, 48-seat venue will be the perfect place to enjoy complimentary fresh pastries, salads, paninis and other sandwiches, in addition to specialty coffees, beer and wine.

The Art Studio

With one of the world's largest corporate collections of contemporary art exhibited across its fleet, and given the enthusiasm guests expressed when the line introduced the industry's first art tours to be offered on an iPad(R), Celebrity will further appeal to its guests' love of art in "The Art Studio" within the area of The Lawn Club. There, experienced and novice artists alike can participate in intimate, hands-on instruction from experts in drawing, painting and beading, as well as the art of food, with plating, tastings, mixology and other culinary-themed classes.

The Art Studio also will present exclusive, intimate pairing dinners hosted by guest chefs participating in Celebrity's Savor Your Destination program.

The Alcoves

For a private retreat overlooking the lawn, ocean and coastlines, Celebrity also will present within The Lawn Club "The Alcoves," eight exclusive, cabana-style settings, each designed for two to four guests. Each of The Alcoves on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will offer WiFi for guests who want to stay connected while relaxing, themed picnic baskets and an a la carte beverage menu. The Alcoves will be available as partial or all-day rentals.

Adjacent to The Alcoves, guests will find eight inviting hammocks and two whimsical, oversized Adirondack chairs, each offering complimentary, additional opportunities to relax amidst the atmosphere of the lawn and sea.

MICHAEL'S CLUB

Celebrity's history and future will converge in Michael's Club - a venue found on every Celebrity ship - where the line will present on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection a restyled, casually elegant bar where vacationers can sit back and enjoy the comfortably sophisticated atmosphere while watching the World Cup games and sipping a Chimay Blue.

Across the Celebrity fleet, Michael's Club offers an impressive selection of rare malts, whiskies and scotches. Building on that tradition, the "new" Michael's Club on CelebritySilhouette and Celebrity Reflection will add an equally impressive selection of more than 50 beers, including flavorful craft beers, and will allow guests to participate in engaging experiences such as ideal food and beer pairings, how to pour the perfect draft, or how to select the proper beer glass, all while snacking on homemade, gourmet potato chips and bread sticks, and fresh, lightly-spiced caramel popcorn, amidst a vibe of live music and cool playlists, or major international sporting events airing on the venue's large, 46" TV screens.

THE HIDEAWAY

Guests seeking a particularly quiet spot to get away from it all can do so in a new venue inspired precisely by that interest. "The Hideaway" on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will provide a high-tech escape for vacationers relaxing with their iPads or perhaps trying out a new Apple product from the Celebrity iLounge, or a low-tech retreat for reading a good book. Inspired by the live trees suspended within the Grand Foyer of every Solstice Class ship, the design of The Hideaway reflects that of an upscale, avant-garde tree house, with cozy, intimate lounging "nests," or niches.

THE SOLSTICE CLASS DIFFERENCE

"We are constantly dedicated to building every aspect of the Celebrity vacation experience around what vacationers want most during their precious time away, and the greatest validation of that commitment has been the response to our stunning Solstice Class," said Hanrahan. "We're eager to have our guests continue to experience all the distinctive attributes of those stunning ships, as well as the new offerings they have inspired on Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection. We are confident all of this will further solidify our leadership role in the industry and keep vacationers coming back."

In addition to the innovative new venues and experiences, Celebrity Silhouette and Celebrity Reflection will join sister ships Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox and Celebrity Eclipse in offering:

The hip "Celebrity iLounge" that made Celebrity Cruises the industry's first Authorized Apple Reseller
Uniquely unordinary "Qsine," the first seagoing restaurant to feature a menu and wine list on an iPad(R), and an engaging food-as-theater dining experience
Ten unrivaled restaurants - in addition to "The Lawn Club Grill" and "The Porch"
Modern, stylish interiors designed by some of the world's best architects and designers, including Adam Tihany
Cool nightclubs and lounges, including CellarMasters, complete with the industry's first installation of the innovative Enomatic wine serving system
One of the broadest and best wine offerings in the industry, served by one of the world's largest staffs of certified sommeliers
One of the world's largest permanent collections of original contemporary art, and the industry's first self-guided art tours to be presented on an iPad(R)
Top-tier entertainment, including custom aerial production shows and live music
The extensive array of fun, entertaining and enriching onboard programming offered through "Celebrity Life," including games, instruction on the latest iPods(R), MacBooks(R) and iLife(R) classes; language learning through Rosetta Stone(R); comparative wine tastings with Riedel Crystal, and enrichment presentations with Smithsonian

Pat

MikeKl
December 8th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I wonder where they are going to put all these things and what they will be getting rid of

Slessenb
December 9th, 2010, 01:01 AM
After reading the post from Pat- I have to cruise with you all on the new CS! OK, Patty if the weather is bad Tony has to do card tricks for me. Howard, you and Sharon will be in charge of entertaining Jim :)

This does look good...

Sue

hac82
December 9th, 2010, 06:41 AM
After reading the post from Pat- I have to cruise with you all on the new CS! OK, Patty if the weather is bad Tony has to do card tricks for me. Howard, you and Sharon will be in charge of entertaining Jim :)

This does look good...

Sue
Is that the good news or the bad news. :D

After reading the news about the ship, now I wish it was next week so I can see her.

RodPat
December 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
I wonder where they are going to put all these things and what they will be getting rid of

Mike, They are giving up the hot glass museum and the hot glass show. In that arear will go a new restaurant. They are moving up the deck with the pools. This ship will be wider and one deck higher. Sillhouette will be a small amount of tonnage bigger than the first 3 ships and Reflections will be about 20,000 tons bigger. They are also giving up Team Earth, which when I was on never saw anyone there. They are making that a quiet place to read with very comfortable chairs and 2 tree houses to sit in. They are also putting up in the lawn club a free restaurant for breakfast and lunch, called The Porch. It will seat 48. The fee restaurant up on the lawn will be called the Lawn Club Grill, it will seat 56 and cost $30pp. Here you can pick your own meat and will be grilled outside. You can choose to grill with the chef or he will cook it for you. Also on the lawn will be an art studio, with some things free other classes will have a fee. They are only adding 17 more rooms on Sillhouette but will be able to add 72 extra rooms, some being AQ suites and even some more inside cabins. Sounds exciting and from the drawings I saw beautiful.

Pat

RodPat
December 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I forgot to tell everyone that the Captain on Constellation told us that Explorer will be leaving NJ in 2012. Not to worry we are going to get Liberty of the Seas coming to NJ in 2012. I am excited about that. Hope he is right.

Pat

MikeKl
December 9th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Mike, They are giving up the hot glass museum and the hot glass show. In that arear will go a new restaurant. They are moving up the deck with the pools. This ship will be wider and one deck higher. Sillhouette will be a small amount of tonnage bigger than the first 3 ships and Reflections will be about 20,000 tons bigger. They are also giving up Team Earth, which when I was on never saw anyone there. They are making that a quiet place to read with very comfortable chairs and 2 tree houses to sit in. They are also putting up in the lawn club a free restaurant for breakfast and lunch, called The Porch. It will seat 48. The fee restaurant up on the lawn will be called the Lawn Club Grill, it will seat 56 and cost $30pp. Here you can pick your own meat and will be grilled outside. You can choose to grill with the chef or he will cook it for you. Also on the lawn will be an art studio, with some things free other classes will have a fee. They are only adding 17 more rooms on Sillhouette but will be able to add 72 extra rooms, some being AQ suites and even some more inside cabins. Sounds exciting and from the drawings I saw beautiful.

Pat

Just returning from the Solstice, I think these will be welcome additions. The Glass show was cool and they should keep it on the ships that currently offer it, however it offers a little change with the Solstice class with the new additions, Not sure how I feel about grilling my own steak..... I guess it will be cool working with a chef.... I suppose for a 12 day cruise it will definitely change things up a bit.

The changes to Michael club look interesting for someone in my demographic who loves a good beer and watching the game, but I would imagine the people who loved Michael club before will not be thrilled with these changes.

I also did not read anything about the Molecular bar, when on Solstice, there was talk that the Molecular bar would be expanded on the newer ships, I do hope that come to fruition as that was my favorite spot on the ship

MikeKl
December 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
On another note my co worker just got back from their first cruise on NCL, and swear they will never cruise again, I am trying to convince them of the differences between NCL and Celebrity are worth giving it another try. They said the food was awful even in the specialty restaurants where it was just ehh....

hac82
December 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
On another note my co worker just got back from their first cruise on NCL, and swear they will never cruise again, I am trying to convince them of the differences between NCL and Celebrity are worth giving it another try. They said the food was awful even in the specialty restaurants where it was just ehh....
Makes me wonder if I ever want to take that 7-night Bermuda cruise out of Boston. I think next year it will be the NCL Dawn out of Boston.

MikeKl
December 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM

Pat

Catching up on reading; don't worry on our cruise I will be at that BJ table every night!!

MikeKl
December 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM

I am catching up old posts; great meeting you! My wife and I live in the Metro NY area! Its funny, I was on the Solstice right before your Eclipse sailing, alot of the crew from Solstice left our ship halfway to join the inaugural Eclipse cruise including the activities director.

RodPat
December 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Makes me wonder if I ever want to take that 7-night Bermuda cruise out of Boston. I think next year it will be the NCL Dawn out of Boston.

Howard If you want a 7 night Bermuda cruise, come on down to Bayonne and sail on Summit. It will be doing 7 night Bermuda cruises toward the end of May. Nice ship but still docks out at the dockyard. Easy to get around in Bermuda so I don't think that matters much.

Pat

hac82
December 9th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Howard If you want a 7 night Bermuda cruise, come on down to Bayonne and sail on Summit. It will be doing 7 night Bermuda cruises toward the end of May. Nice ship but still docks out at the dockyard. Easy to get around in Bermuda so I don't think that matters much.

Pat
That is always a possibility however it would be nice to be able to sail out of my own home port. it is only 30 minutes away. :D I will see what next year brings.

NanaL
December 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

We are Linda and Ed from Kutztown Pa. We just got off the Equinox and had such a great time that we booked the Silhouette while onboard.

We are in cabin 1407, it's a C1 catogory. They bumped us up from a C3 for booking onboard.

You guys have a very active board and I'm glad I found you. Looking forward to keeping up with you.

Linda

hac82
December 10th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone,

We are Linda and Ed from Kutztown Pa. We just got off the Equinox and had such a great time that we booked the Silhouette while onboard.

We are in cabin 1407, it's a C1 catogory. They bumped us up from a C3 for booking onboard.

You guys have a very active board and I'm glad I found you. Looking forward to keeping up with you.

Linda
Welcome aboard Linda and Ed. Yes we are an active bunch. Most of us have cruised with others on this board before so we already know each other but do not let that stop you. You will find everyone very friendly and willing to chat. Please join in and chat often.

RodPat
December 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Linda

Hey Linda, Welcome aboard. This is a very friendly group of folks here and I think you will enjoy stopping by. Pam who is on this thread is from Lawn, PA, don't know if that is close to you but she loves getting together for lunch so if you are close I know you will get an invite.

Pat

Host Corkey
December 10th, 2010, 05:03 PM

I have friends who did not have very good experiences on NCL - I have only been on one X cruise and I enjoyed it - good service, good food - altho' I have to admit, I like Chops/Portofino's better than the USS whatever specialty restaurant it was on the Infinity... it was great, service the best, but I prefer the menu on RCCL's two restaurants better - that's just ME.

carol

pamkev
December 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Linda

Welcome Linda we live near Hershey:)

Host Corkey
December 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Linda

Hello Linda and Ed - looking forward to sharing this cruise with you and all the others on this cruise whom we haven't met yet - We are all very friendly - so friendly that most of us have sailed together twice already -

carol

pamkev
December 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Hey Linda, Welcome aboard. This is a very friendly group of folks here and I think you will enjoy stopping by. Pam who is on this thread is from Lawn, PA, don't know if that is close to you but she loves getting together for lunch so if you are close I know you will get an invite.

Pat

Linda is a little over a hour from us but you know that won't stop me at all for going to lunch:)

beachbuddy
December 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome Linda and Ed, Glad to have you join us. Like Howard and Pat said "we're a pretty friendly group", so feel free to jump right in and chat cruises with us.

Patty

NanaL
December 11th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Good morning,

Thanks for all the welcomes. Did you all meet on a cruise or are you in the same neighborhood or group? I'm glad to be able to join your crowd.:)

Linda

beachbuddy
December 11th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Good morning,

Thanks for all the welcomes. Did you all meet on a cruise or are you in the same neighborhood or group? I'm glad to be able to join your crowd.:)

Linda

Hi Linda,

We don't all know each other, but for instance, we know Pat and Rod from cruising with them before and Pat has cruised with Pam before but we don't know Pam.

This is who we've cruised with before - cruised with some of them a couple times.

Pat & Rod
Dee & John (Beachlover)
Carol & Narce (corkey Carol)
Kim & Alex
Carolyn & Jim
Sue & Jim
Sharon & Howard

Dee, Pat, Kim and Carolyn and us are from NJ, Carol from CA, Sue from Colorado and Howard from Boston. It's a great group and we've all stayed very much in touch since first meeting back in 2007.

Patty

hac82
December 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Good morning,

Linda
We have cruise with pretty much the same crowd as Patty stated because we were all on a cruise in November of '07. We also cruised with Mike and his wife last year. I know you will enjoy being a part of this gang.

bagsybarlow
December 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone
Pat I hope you are feeling better now.

Sue next year's cruise will be the best.

Welcome Linda & Ed.

So sorry to everyone having snow etc. We felt it only right to share it with you all so we sent it over in exchange for some sun.

All the snow and ice we had has gone completely and instead of going out in the mornings to temps of up to -9 c today it almost felt like summer - it was 10 degrees c and sunny for most of the day. Even the Welsh hills were clear of snow & ice and we could even see the river clearly when we came back from Costco.

Take care everyone stay safe and warm unless of course you live in warmer climes.
Betty

Host Corkey
December 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Betty: They have Costco in Scotland? didn't realize that - that's nice.

I am freezing and it's in the 50's here - guess i would not survive in your temps!

carol

Slessenb
December 11th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hi Linda,

We don't all know each other, but for instance, we know Pat and Rod from cruising with them before and Pat has cruised with Pam before but we don't know Pam. This is who we've cruised with before - cruised with some of them a couple times.
Pat & Rod
Dee & John (Beachlover)
Carol & Narce (corkey Carol)
Kim & Alex
Carolyn & Jim
Sue & Jim
Sharon & Howard
Dee, Pat, Kim and Carolyn and us are from NJ, Carol from CA, Sue from Colorado and Howard from Boston. It's a great group and we've all stayed very much in touch since first meeting back in 2007.Patty

All of the above new friends in 2007: I just so apprecaite all of you and your friendship.!!! Thanks for reminding me I do want to cruise next year just so we can have fun togehter once more... Been crazy at work this week and next week the same. The weather was warm but last night we had a cold front come thru and it droped 30 degrees in minutes. However, according to the forecast Tuesday will be 70 degrees- I think this is crazy. Jim told me last night the Panama Canal area had more rain than in the 73 years they have kept records and actually closed the canal on Friday due to the rain!

When it starts snowing in Denver it will not quit for days- not what I want but I am sure will happen.

Have a good weekend..

MikeKl
December 11th, 2010, 11:21 PM
We have cruise with pretty much the same crowd as Patty stated because we were all on a cruise in November of '07. We also cruised with Mike and his wife last year. I know you will enjoy being a part of this gang.

We also cruised with Rod and Pat on the Summit in May, although we never actually met in person because we missed the meet and mingle! We had a bit of drama in our Roll Call.....

Host Corkey
December 11th, 2010, 11:30 PM
We also cruised with Rod and Pat on the Summit in May, although we never actually met in person because we missed the meet and mingle! We had a bit of drama in our Roll Call.....

ooohh - drama? ha!ha! you can tell us about it when we meet.... nosey me..carol

Host Corkey
December 11th, 2010, 11:32 PM
All of the above new friends in 2007: I just so apprecaite all of you and your friendship.!!! Thanks for reminding me I do want to cruise next year just so we can have fun togehter once more... Been crazy at work this week and next week the same. The weather was warm but last night we had a cold front come thru and it droped 30 degrees in minutes. However, according to the forecast Tuesday will be 70 degrees- I think this is crazy. Jim told me last night the Panama Canal area had more rain than in the 73 years they have kept records and actually closed the canal on Friday due to the rain!

When it starts snowing in Denver it will not quit for days- not what I want but I am sure will happen.

Have a good weekend..

Yes, we will all be lifelong friends from now on--

I heard about the canal being closed too and was wondering if there were ships that needed to go thru.....

weather wise, miserable here but not as bad as some areas - but for us in CA, it's cold!

carol

MikeKl
December 11th, 2010, 11:44 PM
I get to sit in the Rain tomorrow at the Jets - Dolphins game......yay!! It least it won't be freezing cold!!

beachbuddy
December 12th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Busy day today! Went up North Jersey for a Baby Shower that started at 11:20 a.m. and didn't get back until almost 5 pm. Went out shopping tonight and got home after 10 pm!! LOL It had been freezing here all week but it warmed up today so it felt really nice!! They are predicting lots of rain tomorrow so I'm glad I finished up a lot of shopping tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Patty

hac82
December 12th, 2010, 12:53 AM
ooohh - drama? ha!ha! you can tell us about it when we meet.... nosey me..carol
Inquiring minds want to know. Do tell, what happened at the roll call.....

hac82
December 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I get to sit in the Rain tomorrow at the Jets - Dolphins game......yay!! It least it won't be freezing cold!!
And I will be in my warm house watching the Pat's battle the Bears in Chicago and the snow and cold.

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Inquiring minds want to know. Do tell, what happened at the roll call.....

Nothing major...... Just one person causing problems and it turned some of us off.

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 12:58 AM
And I will be in my warm house watching the Pat's battle the Bears in Chicago and the snow and cold.

Lets go bears........Hey I am still bitter from last Monday.....

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 01:07 AM
By booking this cruise, we pretty much went over our vacation budget for cruises...... but we still want to do something nice over the summer. Last year we did the Bermuda cruise in May, and then we took a long weekend and went to the Pennsylvania Amish Country/ Hershey Park...

I am thinking about a trip to Williamsburg, VA as we have friends in Maryland, we also haven't been to Orlando in a long time, but that could get pricey, also thinking about a drive up to Bar Harbour and maybe into Canada....

I know I want to do something, just not sure what......Since I am a CPA, I can't really do anything until after April 15th.

I do miss skiing!! We were talking in the office last week, and we were saying that they should warn accounting majors in college that you are pretty much giving up any winter related vacations for the rest of your life when you become an accountant!!!

pamkev
December 12th, 2010, 07:00 AM
By booking this cruise, we pretty much went over our vacation budget for cruises...... but we still want to do something nice over the summer. Last year we did the Bermuda cruise in May, and then we took a long weekend and went to the Pennsylvania Amish Country/ Hershey Park...

I am thinking about a trip to Williamsburg, VA as we have friends in Maryland, we also haven't been to Orlando in a long time, but that could get pricey, also thinking about a drive up to Bar Harbour and maybe into Canada....

I know I want to do something, just not sure what......Since I am a CPA, I can't really do anything until after April 15th.

I do miss skiing!! We were talking in the office last week, and we were saying that they should warn accounting majors in college that you are pretty much giving up any winter related vacations for the rest of your life when you become an accountant!!!

I like Williamsburg haven't been there in quite awhile. If you want to go to Canada Nova Sciota is beautiful as is Newfoundland

RodPat
December 12th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Nothing major...... Just one person causing problems and it turned some of us off.

Mike, Could you mean AAA. What a pain in the rearend he was. He was definitely a turnoff.:)

Pat

hac82
December 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Lets go bears........Hey I am still bitter from last Monday.....
I have to admit I liked the outcome, but I was totally shocked. I really expected a different game than that. If I were a Jet's fan I would be bitter too. I can only imagine what the press was like there after the game. Boston press if it were the Pat's would have had a field day.

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Mike, Could you mean AAA. What a pain in the rearend he was. He was definitely a turnoff.:)

Pat

I would never speak nAAAmes..............:D

beachbuddy
December 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Mike, What ship were you on for Bermuda in May? We did Bermuda in May too but on the Explorer. 2 days Bermuda and then Bahamas - 9 night cruise. That was our first time in Bermuda - loved it and would do it again.

Any of those places above sound good to me except Orlando - have relatives there and I really hate to go there in summer - way to congested and hot!!!

I have never been to Williamsburg but our grandson was just asking his father if they could go there again - they took him there a few years ago. My husband retired this year and I told him when I retire I'd love to just jump in the car and do some land trips since then I won't have to worry about using up vacation days.........LOL I've been to Canada a lot when I was younger and once since I've been married, but my husband has never been so that's one place I would like to travel to. I have relatives in Cheekawaga, Buffalo so we could visit them as well.

Patty

beachbuddy
December 12th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Pat

LOL.........OMG, you guys are going to make us all want to go read your old thread...........LOL If I had time I would, but no time. These days have been busy, busy, busy. This time of year wears me out!!!

Patty

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Mike, What ship were you on for Bermuda in May? We did Bermuda in May too but on the Explorer. 2 days Bermuda and then Bahamas - 9 night cruise. That was our first time in Bermuda - loved it and would do it again.

Any of those places above sound good to me except Orlando - have relatives there and I really hate to go there in summer - way to congested and hot!!!

I have never been to Williamsburg but our grandson was just asking his father if they could go there again - they took him there a few years ago. My husband retired this year and I told him when I retire I'd love to just jump in the car and do some land trips since then I won't have to worry about using up vacation days.........LOL I've been to Canada a lot when I was younger and once since I've been married, but my husband has never been so that's one place I would like to travel to. I have relatives in Cheekawaga, Buffalo so we could visit them as well.

Patty

We were on the Celebrity Summit with Rod and Pat

beachbuddy
December 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
We were on the Celebrity Summit with Rod and Pat

Oh.......okay. I think your cruise left right before or after ours.

Patty

RodPat
December 12th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mike, If you are looking to do something in the summer. My suggestions would be Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, or Charleston. All great place to go. Certainly driveable but warm in the summer. If you can go in the fall or spring it is better. New England is really nice in the summer. Mystic Seaport has quite a bit to see and also blackjack tables. Cape Cod is great also, Lake Sebago in Maine is really nice and also New Hampshire has alot of interesting places to see and things to do. Weather is much cooler there than going south. We used to have a motor home and went up there at least once a year.

Pat

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 11:10 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5256168801_9615bd877b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256168801/)
IMG_0249 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256168801/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5256768374_2353975f55_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256768374/)
DSCN1524 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256768374/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

Braving the elements today!! The Jets repaid us by losing another awful game!!

MikeKl
December 12th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mike, If you are looking to do something in the summer. My suggestions would be Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, or Charleston. All great place to go. Certainly driveable but warm in the summer. If you can go in the fall or spring it is better. New England is really nice in the summer. Mystic Seaport has quite a bit to see and also blackjack tables. Cape Cod is great also, Lake Sebago in Maine is really nice and also New Hampshire has alot of interesting places to see and things to do. Weather is much cooler there than going south. We used to have a motor home and went up there at least once a year.

Pat

Thanks!! Will definitely look into some of these options!! Unless I find a cheap cruise first........LOL

pamkev
December 13th, 2010, 06:28 AM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5256168801_9615bd877b_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256168801/)
IMG_0249 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256168801/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5121/5256768374_2353975f55_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256768374/)
DSCN1524 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41644976@N08/5256768374/) by jasperk99 (http://www.flickr.com/people/41644976@N08/), on Flickr

Braving the elements today!! The Jets repaid us by losing another awful game!!

I agree what was wrong with them today should have won easily

NanaL
December 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Ed and I grew up in Phila so we are Eagles fans. Well I really don't pay attention to it but Ed is very happy that they beat Dallas last night.

Good morning to you all,
Linda

booze brothers
December 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone !

Just popped in to see how everyone is doing.

Now that our 2010 cruises are complete, we have a long time till we cruise again.

Don't forget to get future cruise thingys next time you cruise so we can all go on the Liberty in 2011.

hugs, mimi

Host Corkey
December 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone !

Now that our 2010 cruises are complete, we have a long time till we cruise again.

Don't forget to get future cruise thingys next time you cruise so we can all go on the Liberty in 2011.

hugs, mimi

Hey Mimi - nice to hear from you - please drop by often cuz we sure do miss you when we don't hear from you - emails are fine - but remember, Carol gets POINTS when we do via CC !! heehee!! I will be on my first freedom class April 2011 - the Freedom... I am excited!

carol

RodPat
December 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Mimi, Glad to see you pop in here at least for a short time. Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 14th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone !

hugs, mimi

Mimi,

I thought you couldn't get OBC with them if you use the balcony discount..........Oh, I'm so confused with all their changing rules..........LOL

The minute the Liberty itinerarys open, you better let me know........LOL I think you mean 2012, right??

How was your cruise?

Patty

RodPat
December 14th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mimi,

I thought you couldn't get OBC with them if you use the balcony discount..........Oh, I'm so confused with all their changing rules..........LOL

The minute the Liberty itinerarys open, you better let me know........LOL I think you mean 2012, right??

How was your cruise?

Patty

Patty, 2012 dates should open up sometime between March and April.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 14th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Patty, 2012 dates should open up sometime between March and April.

Pat

Pat, I noticed that 2012 is open on a lot of the other ships but not on the Explorer.........their itinerarys only go till sometime in April 2012. I better call RCCL soon and tell them to just move my April 2011 cruise out as far as they can for now.......LOL

Patty

RodPat
December 15th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Pat, I noticed that 2012 is open on a lot of the other ships but not on the Explorer.........their itinerarys only go till sometime in April 2012. I better call RCCL soon and tell them to just move my April 2011 cruise out as far as they can for now.......LOL

Patty

Patty, I was talking about itineraries after April 2012, they will come out sometime between March and April of this coming year.

Pat

Slessenb
December 16th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I have never been to Williamsburg but our grandson was just asking his father if they could go there again - they took him there a few years ago. My husband retired this year and I told him when I retire I'd love to just jump in the car and do some land trips since then I won't have to worry about using up vacation days. Patty

Hi All

Just stopping in to say a quick hello. I am still in work catch up mode and holiday catch up mode since we got back from the cruise on 12/3. Patty, I love LOVE Willaimsburg , VA been there several times and would go again tomorrow if I could. My favorite cousins and their families live close to that area--.

If I don't get back tot he board in a few days- Merry Christmas to all of you.

Sue

beachbuddy
December 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Patty, I was talking about itineraries after April 2012, they will come out sometime between March and April of this coming year.

Pat

Pat,

Gotcha.......when you see them out, give me a yell! LOL

Patty

beachlovergirl
December 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone!

We're back from our Navigator cruise and had a great time. Ft. Lauderdale was freezing though! Beautiful weather the whole cruise though and nice and hot in Cozumel!

While on the Navigator it was announced that the Liberty will be replacing the Navigator out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2011/2012 on 4 and 5 night cruises so not too sure about that rumor that Liberty is coming to Bayonne.....

Dee

NanaL
December 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm recovering from a bit of surgery (fun after a cruise). I've been reading all your posts and getting to know your names. Ed and I finished up our Christmas shopping on Sunday before my surgery on Monday. This year we are having a family Christmas party at our oldest sons house. Ed and I have 4 kids, all married and 6 grandkids. It makes for a busy, loud fun party. What is everyone else doing?
Linda

hac82
December 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone!

We're back from our Navigator cruise and had a great time. Ft. Lauderdale was freezing though! Beautiful weather the whole cruise though and nice and hot in Cozumel!

While on the Navigator it was announced that the Liberty will be replacing the Navigator out of Ft. Lauderdale in 2011/2012 on 4 and 5 night cruises so not too sure about that rumor that Liberty is coming to Bayonne.....

Dee
Well, the Silhouette is doing Bayonne for 2011/2012 and it is not staying there as a permanent port from what I hear. Hearing that Liberty is doing the 4/5 day trips 2011/2012 may mean the same thing, just over the fall and winter period. I guess we will just have to wait and "sea" (oops sorry).:p:D

beachbuddy
December 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Hi everyone!

Dee

Hey, welcome back Dee!!! Glad you had a good time and good weather, but I'm not glad with the news your bringing back to us about the Liberty.......LOL I was so excited about it coming to NJ but now I'm sad.

Patty

beachbuddy
December 16th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Well, the Silhouette is doing Bayonne for 2011/2012 and it is not staying there as a permanent port from what I hear. Hearing that Liberty is doing the 4/5 day trips 2011/2012 may mean the same thing, just over the fall and winter period. I guess we will just have to wait and "sea" (oops sorry).:p:D

I hope your right!

RodPat
December 16th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Dee

Dee, That announcement about Liberty came from the captain himself. I find in this world the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I guess we will have to see when the new schedule comes out in the spring. I would love to see a larger and newer ship berthed in Bayonne. Silhouette will only stay there next winter and spring. Celebrity likes to send all its ships to Europe for the summer and into the fall as there is alot more money to be made there.
It seems a sin to put Liberty on 4 and 5 day cruises, certainly a smaller ship could do that. Like Howard said we can only wait and see.

Pat

Host Corkey
December 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm recovering from a bit of surgery (fun after a cruise). I've been reading all your posts and getting to know your names. Ed and I finished up our Christmas shopping on Sunday before my surgery on Monday. This year we are having a family Christmas party at our oldest sons house. Ed and I have 4 kids, all married and 6 grandkids. It makes for a busy, loud fun party. What is everyone else doing?
Linda

Linda: Hope you are recovering quickly - and glad surgery is over - hubby had bunion surgery last dec 7 and will get his stitches taken out tomorrow - he's been ok - we have been going out for rides to get him out of the house - eating out for lunch, etc.

I have a couple of gifts more to get and then I am done- now for the baking - I know Patty is just about done - and i haven't started yet -

Tonight I am making a choc kahlua cake - baking right now and it smells so good! luckily, I can slice this up and we can have a couple for ourselves - I am not giving this cake to our friends as a whole - it will be sliced..

carol

Host Corkey
December 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
At least you East Coast Gang are GETTING an RCCL ship - doesn't matter which ones - CA gang here do not have an RCCL ship = well, as of Jan anyway - they have taken our Mariner and Radiance away from CA - don't know if they will replace with another RCCL - but for now, nada.

carol

NanaL
December 17th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Ed and I are taking the Silhouette out of Bayonne next Nov. It's nice to take a bus to a port instead of flying. I wonder where its home port will be after Bayonne?
Linda

Host Corkey
December 18th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Ed and I are taking the Silhouette out of Bayonne next Nov. It's nice to take a bus to a port instead of flying. I wonder where its home port will be after Bayonne?
Linda

We will be flying in - hate that part .. but can't wait to be on that ship!

Now that we are less than a year away, don't forget to sign up for the M&M !!!

carol

Slessenb
December 19th, 2010, 12:03 AM
We will be flying in - hate that part .. but can't wait to be on that ship!

Now that we are less than a year away, don't forget to sign up for the M&M !!!

carol

Carol

You are so rihgt less than a year away! So near but so far is how I feel :)

Happy Holidays to all of you in the event I do not check the boards again next week.

Had to priority mail my packages today UGH!!!!! Always behind...

Happy Holidays !

Sue

beachbuddy
December 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Carol

You are so rihgt less than a year away! So near but so far is how I feel :)

Happy Holidays to all of you in the event I do not check the boards again next week.

Had to priority mail my packages today UGH!!!!! Always behind...

Happy Holidays !

Sue

Sue,

Your ahead of me.........my packages will be getting mailed on Monday! LOL

11 months from today .......uhh.....okay, actually now it's the 19th so 11 months from yesterday, the 18th, we will be boarding!!! YIPPEE!!!

Patty

azjeffh
December 19th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Just stopping by to wish all a Merry Christmas. Sure wish we were going but are doing an 8 night in March. Got good news yesterday as the cabin price dropped $280 pp. We've started to looking for 2012, so if anyone has any ideas.......

Host Corkey
December 19th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Just stopping by to wish all a Merry Christmas. Sure wish we were going but are doing an 8 night in March. Got good news yesterday as the cabin price dropped $280 pp. We've started to looking for 2012, so if anyone has any ideas.......

Hey Jeff - Hi to you and Robin too - I almost signed up for the Liberty cruise you are on - went to the Roll Call and noticed you were on - however, our nephew who is coming on our next cruise with us could not take off that month - soooooooo -- kinda' pissssss ed me off - but oh well, so we signed up for the Freedom in april 2011 instead. It'll be our first freedom class, just as I think the LIberty will be your first freedom class.

I do hope we will be able to share anothe cruise with you two again - and Mimi - and the rest of the East Coast Gang and CO folks... as another reunion. carol

beachbuddy
December 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Hi Jeff,

Merry Christmas to you and Robin. We're kind of waiting to see if the Liberty is coming to Bayonne in April 2012, at least that's what the rumor has been. If it is, I think quite of few of us are interested in booking it.

Hope you guys have a great Christmas and I wish you both a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Patty

hac82
December 19th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Jeff,

Merry Christmas to you and Robin. We're kind of waiting to see if the Liberty is coming to Bayonne in April 2012, at least that's what the rumor has been. If it is, I think quite of few of us are interested in booking it.

Hope you guys have a great Christmas and I wish you both a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Patty
Hi there Jeff. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Robin.

I have to agree with Patty.... I would be thinking of the Liberty as well if it does come to Bayonne in 2012. I would love to see a "reunion" cruise for Thanksgiving 2012 if that was the case.

Host Corkey
December 20th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hi there Jeff. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Robin.

I have to agree with Patty.... I would be thinking of the Liberty as well if it does come to Bayonne in 2012. I would love to see a "reunion" cruise for Thanksgiving 2012 if that was the case.

so we have to fly to NJ again...? ha!ha!
I think we will just go on to FL= i was thinking maybe some of you would want to go on the Allure or Oasis - B2B - or go on a TA from NJ to Europe, then end up in Miami and then get on another ship - carol

beachbuddy
December 20th, 2010, 07:10 AM
so we have to fly to NJ again...? ha!ha!
I think we will just go on to FL= i was thinking maybe some of you would want to go on the Allure or Oasis - B2B - or go on a TA from NJ to Europe, then end up in Miami and then get on another ship - carol

TA from NJ to Europe and then another cruise out of Miami............hmmmm, I don't think so....... LOL Not sure I'd like a TA................I love the ship but I also love the ports...........LOL I'm not even sure about the Allure and Oasis because they just seem like they will be full of kids, but I'd like to see them. We haven't been on a Freedom Class so I'm looking forwarding to going on one of those.

Patty

RodPat
December 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
TA from NJ to Europe and then another cruise out of Miami............hmmmm, I don't think so....... LOL Not sure I'd like a TA................I love the ship but I also love the ports...........LOL I'm not even sure about the Allure and Oasis because they just seem like they will be full of kids, but I'd like to see them. We haven't been on a Freedom Class so I'm looking forwarding to going on one of those.

Patty

I think Carol meant a TA from Europe to Miami and then onto another ship for the Caribbean. I think Oasis or Allure would be fun if we went on her a week the kids were in school. Then there would be only adults that act like children, which is us.:D I am willing to going anywhere.

Pat

beachlovergirl
December 20th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I'm still hoping the Liberty comes to Bayonne and we can book a reunion cruise. But if not and everyone decides on the Oasis or Allure that's fine with us. I keep hearing that they are both geared towards families with kids so would have to book when kids are in school.

Just had a freaky situation. We got off the Navigator on Dec 13th and after that cruise we'll be D+. Late last night I logged onto RCI to see if our cruise history had been updated yet and was shocked to see that I had no history......nothing, nada. It kept telling me that my information did not match the data base and that my Crown & Anchor number that we've had forever did not exist ! WTH??? I was freaking out. I had printed out my cruise history but that was last year so it didn't have three Liberty cruises or the Navigator cruise. I did keep some setsail cards but only from a couple of cruises. I've read where some people have had to "prove" to RCI that they had sailed, etc. Who would think to keep setsail cards from the early 90's when we started cruising?:(

So I had to wait until this morning to call the C&A desk. She had no idea what was going on. Finally she was able to figure out that they had my name flipped........last name as my first name. She had no idea how this could happen but as soon as she changed it I was able to login and see my history. She said if it happens again they will have to get IT involved. Sooooooo from now on I will always print out my current cruise history just in case!

Dee

Host Corkey
December 20th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I think Carol meant a TA from Europe to Miami and then onto another ship for the Caribbean. I think Oasis or Allure would be fun if we went on her a week the kids were in school. Then there would be only adults that act like children, which is us.:D I am willing to going anywhere.

Pat

Yeah = that's what I meant - for us to FLY to NJ, then connect flight to Barcelona or wherever - then cruise around europe, then Miami bound - TA -- get to Miami and then board another ship - that's what Narce wants to do when he finally retires - need to do things we have never done - I keep repeating the same cruises but what the heck, I just want to get on a ship - however, it's nice to see places I have never seen - like Pat says, get out of your comfort zone - Pat... I did take your advice and we will go to Pt Canaveral - a new experience, instead of sailing from Miami like we normally do.

Christmas is keeping me busy - only 25 more cards to do - been mailing out 30 per day... then shopping manana for our meals and two more gifts and I am going to concentrate on making more rum balls and cookies for the nieces/nephews who will be coming over to visit .

carol

Host Corkey
December 20th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Dee - glad you got your status all straightened out - that would freak me out too - esp since we worked so hard to get to D+ -- now, hope they don't change the amt of cruises needed to stay D+ ...

carol

booze brothers
December 20th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hey Gang !!

Carol said I should stop by, so here I am.

Dee, how was the Navigator? Yipeee, now you're D+. Don't worry, I'll bet the changes won't affect any of us (better not, LOL)

Sue, heard you had bad weather for a few days on your

Jewel cruise. How did you like that ship?

Ok Patty, keep that "thingy" for the anticipated Liberty cruise in 2012 Rcl has to do something because the Explorer really needs some work. I hate their balconies. I know the good ones are aft, but can't do that. This was the smallest balcony we have ever had. Sure didn't keep us from having fun.

Howard, do you have another cruise before this one?

I know I don't have to ask Pat that question, she's always cruising. LOL

How about we all do a b2b2b2b on a small ship[ so you can all become D+, hee he.

Howard, how many more before becoming D or are you already.

Ewwwwww, cooking tonight ! No Country Place. boo hooo.

mimi

hac82
December 20th, 2010, 07:46 PM
... how many more before becoming D or are you already.

Hi there Mimi. Nice to see you over here. Based on my calculations, I believe we have 3 more credits to go to get to "D" (as long as they do not change it before then.

As for another cruise before this one.... OH HOW I WISH. Unfortunately, there is nothing in the works but I will keep looking to see if one pops up that fits my schedule and pocket. I am always game to squeeze one in if I can.

Host Corkey
December 20th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Yay! thanx Mimi for chatting with us - please make those regular visits!! I think I read that they are revamping the Freedom before our cruise so that should be nice for us.

for those who have 10 pts for D's -- can go on 14 three day cruises to be D+'s -- unless they stay in suites - or 8 twelve day cruises in suites cuz you can get 3 points for those.

carol

pamkev
December 21st, 2010, 06:22 AM
Wanted to wish everyone here a memorable holiday time and hope there are a lot of cruises under your tree.:):)

Pam

beachbuddy
December 21st, 2010, 06:54 AM
Wanted to wish everyone here a memorable holiday time and hope there are a lot of cruises under your tree.:):)

Pam

Same to you Pam. Lots of cruises under the tree would be nice but don't think that's going to happen..........LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
December 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hey Gang !!

Dee, how was the Navigator? Yipeee, now you're D+. Don't worry, I'll bet the changes won't affect any of us (better not, LOL)

Ok Patty, keep that "thingy" for the anticipated Liberty cruise in 2012 Rcl has to do something because the Explorer really needs some work. I hate their balconies. I know the good ones are aft, but can't do that. This was the smallest balcony we have ever had. Sure didn't keep us from having fun.

How about we all do a b2b2b2b on a small ship[ so you can all become D+, hee he.

mimi

Hey Mimi, nice to see you here. Still wish you were here permanently.........LOL Not sure if we'll be cruising before this one. You know once April rolls around we're busy at the shore, but you never know. I keep looking at something the end of April but not out of NJ......out of FL. I'm just going to wait and see if any last minute deals pop up and if not, I'll use that thingy in 2012. I keep forgetting to call RCCL to move it so I better do that before I lose my deposit!!

Dee, good idea to print out your cruise history......I think I'll do that too.
Glad you got it straightened out.

Patty

RodPat
December 21st, 2010, 09:42 AM

Pam

Pam, no cruises under my tree unless I see a great happy hour special. Still have not found reasonable airfare back from Rome for our TA in May so that may be a no go. Have to talk to Elaine and see where they might like to go. Equinox has a 10 day before our TA that we might be able to go on. I could always surprise Carol and end up on Freedom. Also saw that Summit is coming back from PR to NJ. Only 8 days but the price is right. So many cruises and too little time is my problem. Have a merry Christmas. Here's hoping there is no snow this weekend. Christmas day we have to go to north Jersey to see my daughter's family. Bought our grandson there a 32 inch flat screen tv with a built in dvd player for his bedroom. Don't want Rod to have to carry that in the snow. Sunday we are supposed to go to NC but not in a snow storm. Have lots of presents for the boys down there. Oh well we may just stay home because we are coming back on Thursday before New Years Eve.

Pat

bagsybarlow
December 21st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Everyone.

Just thought I would wish everyone a Happy Christmas & a peaceful healthy New Year.

We have just been out to buy our new grandson some Christmas presents. He was due on Christmas Day but arrived on Saturday night. They didn't want to know the sex of the baby so we had to wait.
They have called him Benjamin Elliott but Sam aged 3 insists his name is BEN 10. Thy came home from hospital last night so we are looking forward to meeting him.
Thankfully we will now have a bit more time to ourselves as we have been looking after Oliver & Sam to give my daughter-in-law a bit of a break.

So glad we don't have to fly to US at the moment with the airports closing because of the snow & ice.

Take care everyone and stay safe & warm

beachbuddy
December 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Everyone.

Just thought I would wish everyone a Happy Christmas & a peaceful healthy New Year.

We have just been out to buy our new grandson some Christmas presents. He was due on Christmas Day but arrived on Saturday night. They didn't want to know the sex of the baby so we had to wait.
They have called him Benjamin Elliott but Sam aged 3 insists his name is BEN 10. Thy came home from hospital last night so we are looking forward to meeting him.
Thankfully we will now have a bit more time to ourselves as we have been looking after Oliver & Sam to give my daughter-in-law a bit of a break.

So glad we don't have to fly to US at the moment with the airports closing because of the snow & ice.

Congratulations Betty. How exciting to have another grandchild.

Patty

RodPat
December 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone.

Hey Betty, What a wonderful Christmas present, a new grandson. Sorry to hear about all the bad weather you are getting. We may have some coming to NJ real soon. I can take the cold weather but snow I hate.

Pat

beachlovergirl
December 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Hey Gang !!

mimi

Mimi,

We had a great time on the Navigator. Its just like the Explorer, only a little newer.... We had a JS on the hump......on the starboard side away from the Royal Suite!! ;) Wasn't that thrilled with the food though and think the Liberty was better. We were both disappointed in our Chops entrees and that's the first time that has happened.

Ft. Lauderdale was freezing.....the cruise was sunny and it was hot in Cozumel but the ocean temp was too cold to swim and the pools on the ship were also too cold......think this will be the last time we sail in December. But with that cruise we're now officially D+.:D

Dee

pamkev
December 22nd, 2010, 06:39 AM
Betty,
The best gift of all and new grand baby. Congats:)

NanaL
December 22nd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Betty,
Congrats on your new Benjamin. I love your 3yr old grandsons Ben 10 remark, it's great.
To ring my own bell, it's my birthday today. I too was due on Christmas day but could'nt wait I guess.lol
Merry Christmas to everyone,
Linda

hac82
December 22nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
Betty, Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. What a wonderful gift at this time of year.

Linda, Happy Birthday and many more. Do something special for yourself today.

To everyone, from our family to yours, may this holiday season be all that you wish for, filled with love from family and friends and much joy and happiness. May the coming year be a good one for all of us with good health, much love, prosperity and of course the most important of all, many cruises.

RodPat
December 22nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Just wanted to add my wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my old friends and my new ones as well. Having a dinner party for the neighbors tonight and then Rod is home Thursday and Friday. Friday night we go to my cousins house for the dinner with all the fishes. I got off easy this year all I have to bring is wine. Saurday we travel to my daughters house for Christmas with the grandson. Sunday if we don't have a snowstorm we travel to North Carolina to celebrate Christmas with our other two grandsons. Life sure gets hetic at this time of year so I just wanted to be sure I didn't forget to say Merry Christmas.

Pat

Host Corkey
December 22nd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Linda - Happy Birthday!

Bettie - Congrats on the grand baby!!

be back later........carol

Host Corkey
December 22nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
I guess I am busy - did some baking today - wrapped some gifts - ok, not really wrap - I use those bags a lot and just scrunge up tissue paper to put in the opening and done!

finishing up some laundry - will go to services tonight at our church - then go and spend the day with my Mom manana at the home care facility - we will take her out to lunch and then a little walk around her favorite Mall.

I bought a bottle of margarita yesterday at Costco - already mixed... not bad - makes for a holly jolly Christmas while I am baking! hope I got those ingredients right!! ha!ha!

HO HO HO!
carol

beachbuddy
December 22nd, 2010, 09:25 PM
Just wanted to add my wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my old friends and my new ones as well. Having a dinner party for the neighbors tonight and then Rod is home Thursday and Friday. Friday night we go to my cousins house for the dinner with all the fishes. I got off easy this year all I have to bring is wine. Saurday we travel to my daughters house for Christmas with the grandson. Sunday if we don't have a snowstorm we travel to North Carolina to celebrate Christmas with our other two grandsons. Life sure gets hetic at this time of year so I just wanted to be sure I didn't forget to say Merry Christmas.

Pat

Pat, it sure is a busy time of year! It's after 9 p.m. and I just sat down. Tony even told me I look tired! Did some cleaning tonight - tomorrow I will start some cooking....get the potato salad made and get the candied sweets ready for the oven too. I'm cooking Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the kids are all coming here. Fish for Christmas Eve....buccala stew, crab cakes and 3 different kinds of shrimp......I'm sure the kids will bring calimari too. Christmas day will be antipasta, stuffed shells, meatballs, hot sausage and lots of other meat in the sauce too, ham, candied sweets and string bean casserole. I picked up a Friendly's ice cream roll for dessert plus all the Christmas cookies.

I guess I'll take this time to wish all our old and new friends a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year. Hoping 2011 is a good year for all of us!

Patty & Tony

beachbuddy
December 22nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
Linda, Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day!!

Carol, Lay off the Margarita's until your baking is done! LOL:D:D

Patty

hac82
December 22nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
I bought a bottle of margarita yesterday at Costco - already mixed... not bad - makes for a holly jolly Christmas while I am baking! hope I got those ingredients right!! ha!ha!

HO HO HO!
carol
And if you did not get them right, by the time you are done with your baking, you probably will not care. One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor....... :p:D

Host Corkey
December 23rd, 2010, 01:08 AM
I have my margarita bottle lined up with my muscasto wine and my chardonnay -
I told Narce I also want kahlua and 7 up during our Christmas happy hr.. make that HOURS!! ha!ha! I sound like an alcoholic and I can't even have more than one reg glass! We also ran out of Bailey's and I like that on the rocks.

Yep Howard - I had Bailey's once on the Serenade on our Alaska cruise and just one glass and I fell asleep!!

Pat/Rod -- surprise me surprise me!! Be on the Freedom PLEEEZE!!!

carol

beachbuddy
December 23rd, 2010, 07:04 AM
I have my margarita bottle lined up with my muscasto wine and my chardonnay -
I told Narce I also want kahlua and 7 up during our Christmas happy hr.. make that HOURS!! ha!ha! I sound like an alcoholic and I can't even have more than one reg glass! We also ran out of Bailey's and I like that on the rocks.

Yep Howard - I had Bailey's once on the Serenade on our Alaska cruise and just one glass and I fell asleep!!

Pat/Rod -- surprise me surprise me!! Be on the Freedom PLEEEZE!!!

carol

LOL..............yep, one drink and she's done - this is the reason I told her to hold off on the Margarita's until she was done baking! LOL

Does anyone know if there is something wrong with the Freedom aft balconies. I was looking at a cruise on her in April and it's so weird because all the aft balconies were open and they are usually the first to go on most ships.

Patty

RodPat
December 23rd, 2010, 08:42 AM
Wow sounds like we are all crazy from doing so much. Patty I think I would like to come to your house for Christmas, sounds yummy. When I go to my daughter's house we bring the food but it will only be Ham and Vegtables. I am bringing franks in a blanket for the grandson. My daughter will have a vegtable platter with dip before dinner. This is my thin daughter who excersizes and eats properly so not much fun in the eating dept. I don't know who she takes after because Rod and I love all the food that is not good for you.:) Right now it is looking like we might miss North Carolina because we are not going to travel through the snow for 9 hours. Looks like the gifts will get their via UPS.

Pat

booze brothers
December 23rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Carol, you're so funny and even funnier when you have a glass of "something"

Patty, yum, omg, so much food.

We got our annual box of chocolates (mixed with all kinds of things in a bark) first thing we said, who can we regift this to ! I'm getting to look like one of those blow up toys you see on the front lawns . Can't wait to get back to work so I can do something else besides eat.

Merry Christmas everyone !

Mimi

beachbuddy
December 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Pat,
I think they are still saying we might miss the snow so maybe you'll still get to go. Got out of work early today so came home and made some coleslaw to have with the fish tomorrow and potato salad for Christmas day. Tomorrow I'll get the sweet potatoes ready and let them marinate overnight and then all the other stuff (fish). Wish we could all be together for dinner........LOL Maybe one year we'll do a Christmas cruise.......LOL Oh never mind, my family would disown me........LOL They can accept Thanksgiving but they know I'd never leave them all on Christmas.....LOL

Mimi, I know what you mean.......I was being so good and eating healthy until last weekend! I'm not even a sweet eater and I've been doing nothing but eating chocoate and cookies.......I'm even breaking out from it! LOL

Patty

RodPat
December 23rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
Pat,
I think they are still saying we might miss the snow so maybe you'll still get to go. Got out of work early today so came home and made some coleslaw to have with the fish tomorrow and potato salad for Christmas day. Tomorrow I'll get the sweet potatoes ready and let them marinate overnight and then all the other stuff (fish). Wish we could all be together for dinner........LOL Maybe one year we'll do a Christmas cruise.......LOL Oh never mind, my family would disown me........LOL They can accept Thanksgiving but they know I'd never leave them all on Christmas.....LOL

Mimi, I know what you mean.......I was being so good and eating healthy until last weekend! I'm not even a sweet eater and I've been doing nothing but eating chocoate and cookies.......I'm even breaking out from it! LOL

Patty

Patty, It might not matter if it snows or not to whether we go south or stay home. Rod wasn't feeling well last weekend and had a pain in his side. We went to the doctor on Sunday and the doctor told him he probably would live but gave him a prescription for a sonnigram. He went for the test yesterday and his gallbladder is full of stones. We go tomorrow to the doctor to discuss the results. Depends what the doctor says but I don't want him to get sick down south. Hospitals here are much better than down there. If he has to have it out, I hope it can be done with the little cuts. I had my done years ago the old way and the scar is still with me. We will know more tomorrow. He has felt fine since Sunday but who knows when the next attack will be. So it is no chocolate for him this holiday.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 23rd, 2010, 08:55 PM
Patty, It might not matter if it snows or not to whether we go south or stay home. Rod wasn't feeling well last weekend and had a pain in his side. We went to the doctor on Sunday and the doctor told him he probably would live but gave him a prescription for a sonnigram. He went for the test yesterday and his gallbladder is full of stones. We go tomorrow to the doctor to discuss the results. Depends what the doctor says but I don't want him to get sick down south. Hospitals here are much better than down there. If he has to have it out, I hope it can be done with the little cuts. I had my done years ago the old way and the scar is still with me. We will know more tomorrow. He has felt fine since Sunday but who knows when the next attack will be. So it is no chocolate for him this holiday.

Pat

Pat, Hope everything will be okay. Good thoughts and prayers coming his way>>>>> I hope he gets good news tomorrow and if he needs surgery hope they can do it with the little cuts too.

Tony is hurting right now too. He went to the doctors last week and they did xrays but wanted him to have an MRI so he had that done this past Tuesday but he doesn't go back to the doctors till Jan 3rd. He's going to call and see if they'll see him sooner. He's getting pain from his neck going down his back and arm. It doesn't hurt when he's laying down but when he's up and his arm is hanging it gives him a lot of pain. The anti-flammatory meds don't seem to be helping him.

Let me know how Rod makes out tomorrow.

Patty

hac82
December 25th, 2010, 08:27 AM
For everyone that I may have missed on e-mail.....
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/Greeting.jpg

booze brothers
December 25th, 2010, 10:36 AM

Hope Rod and Tony are feeling better soon. Hate having things hurt LOL

Now we have a can of peanut brittle that the neighbor made. More junk. Of course I don't have to eat it, but I will (sure wouldn't want to hurt the neighbors feelings LOL)

Have a great day everyone.

mimi

beachbuddy
December 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM

Hope Rod and Tony are feeling better soon. Hate having things hurt LOL

Now we have a can of peanut brittle that the neighbor made. More junk. Of course I don't have to eat it, but I will (sure wouldn't want to hurt the neighbors feelings LOL)

Have a great day everyone.

mimi

Mimi,

I love peanut brittle so it's a good thing it's not in my house. We did the fish thing last night and I think I had one to many pomagranite martini's..........LOL I found Tony sleeping in the spare bedroom this morning because he said his neck was hurting and he was having a hard time sleeping but besides that I was snoring so loud that he couldn't sleep........LOL I was totally exhausted last night! Dinner for today is pretty much ready, just waiting for the kids to come over.
Merry Christmas to everyone here!!! Hope you all enjoy your day!!Patty

Host Corkey
December 26th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Love peanut brittle - have never made it - I would eat it all if I ever learned! so maybe it's best that I do not make it.

Tired - had a really nice day - Narce cooked a prime rib for us and I did all the fixin's - just had wine cake and some fruit salad at 10pm so now I am too full to go to sleep - altho' i have been tired all day.

Then, while I got up from the sofa, I accidentally sorta' nudged Narce's toe == eeeeeowwwww - he screamed - well, I know it wasn't too bad cuz he would have hit the ceiling - I think he wanted me to feel bad and Yes, I did - but I am convincing myself that it wasn't all that hard of a KICK.

carol

pamkev
December 26th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Hope everyone had a great holiday. We did. I've been up and out shopping already got all next years wrapping paper ready to go now have to get hubby and daughter up to go hit Kohl's and it's not even 7 am yet.:D

Pam

RodPat
December 26th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hope everyone had a great holiday. We did. I've been up and out shopping already got all next years wrapping paper ready to go now have to get hubby and daughter up to go hit Kohl's and it's not even 7 am yet.:D

Pam

Pam, Calm down girl, there is going to be a blizzard today. I have been up for a few hours as I was tired yesterday and went to bed by 10. Rod is still in bed. We are stuck in NJ as the roads going down south are full of snow. So it looks like this week we get Rod a surgeon and hopefully we can get that gallbladder out. Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 26th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Pam, Calm down girl, there is going to be a blizzard today. I have been up for a few hours as I was tired yesterday and went to bed by 10. Rod is still in bed. We are stuck in NJ as the roads going down south are full of snow. So it looks like this week we get Rod a surgeon and hopefully we can get that gallbladder out. Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas.

Pat

Pat,

Sorry you can't get down to see your grandchildren and hope Rod is feeling a little better.

We had a great day yesterday. The kids were all over and then my brother stopped in (his wife had to work) and that was a nice surprise because he stayed and ate with us too. I had plenty of food and lots of leftovers today. After dinner we all went over to visit my aunts and bring their gifts there so glad we did that yesterday because with the storm coming, who knows when we'll get out! All I know is that I'm going to work tomorrow no matter what!!! I don't want to waste a vacation day!!! LOL

Hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday!

Patty

booze brothers
December 26th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Love peanut brittle - have never made it - I would eat it all if I ever learned! so maybe it's best that I do not make it.

Tired - had a really nice day - Narce cooked a prime rib for us and I did all the fixin's - just had wine cake and some fruit salad at 10pm so now I am too full to go to sleep - altho' i have been tired all day.

Then, while I got up from the sofa, I accidentally sorta' nudged Narce's toe == eeeeeowwwww - he screamed - well, I know it wasn't too bad cuz he would have hit the ceiling - I think he wanted me to feel bad and Yes, I did - but I am convincing myself that it wasn't all that hard of a KICK.

carol

I accidentally sorta' nudged Narce's toe == eeeeeowwwww
LMAO!!!

hac82
December 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Pat
Pat, sorry to hear that you are not able to head south and especially sorry to hear that Rod is not feeling well. Hopefully you will find a surgeon and everything will go smoothly and as you said, that they can use the small incisions. Please let him know we are thinking of him and let us know how he is doing.

Well the storm is here and we are hunkering in for the night. Made a large pot of "American Chop Suey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_chop_suey)". It was a request from our daughter. We will have that and garlic bread.

Also made a large pot of beef vegetable barley soup. I guess we are ready.

RodPat
December 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Pat, sorry to hear that you are not able to head south and especially sorry to hear that Rod is not feeling well. Hopefully you will find a surgeon and everything will go smoothly and as you said, that they can use the small incisions. Please let him know we are thinking of him and let us know how he is doing.

Well the storm is here and we are hunkering in for the night. Made a large pot of "American Chop Suey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_chop_suey)". It was a request from our daughter. We will have that and garlic bread.

Why do we all cook when the snow comes? Normally I would have made soup but I am keeping Rod on a low fat diet. I guess I will just have to eat all the chocolate in the house.:) Today we had left overs and tomorrow I will make a turkey breast and vegtables. Plenty of good food in the freezer so I am not afraid of us starving, like that could happen.:D
Howard, looks like you will get more than us in the snow dept. but still looks like we will get at least 10 inches. Real windy now, glad we are staying home.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 26th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Why do we all cook when the snow comes? Normally I would have made soup but I am keeping Rod on a low fat diet. I guess I will just have to eat all the chocolate in the house.:) Today we had left overs and tomorrow I will make a turkey breast and vegtables. Plenty of good food in the freezer so I am not afraid of us starving, like that could happen.:D
Howard, looks like you will get more than us in the snow dept. but still looks like we will get at least 10 inches. Real windy now, glad we are staying home.

Pat

LOL............I'm not cooking!! To many leftovers in the house now so don't need any more food!! LOL Hope Rod gets taken care of fast and mends quickly. Give him a hug for me!

Snowing like heck here too and very windy!!

Patty

hac82
December 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM

Pat
Real Nor'easter up here and they are saying where we are maybe 18+. Winds could gust to 65. Ride em cowboy.

beachbuddy
December 26th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Real Nor'easter up here and they are saying where we are maybe 18+. Winds could gust to 65. Ride em cowboy.

Howard,

Even though I have tons of food in the house,I want that soup you guys made!! LOL Sounds yummy.........

Patty

hac82
December 26th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Howard,

Even though I have tons of food in the house,I want that soup you guys made!! LOL Sounds yummy.........

Patty
It was a real throw together. Parsnips, Carrots, Onions, Celery, Button Mushrooms, Portabello Mushrooms, Bottom Round Beef, Beef Broth, Vegetable Broth and the Barley with some added seasonings (and a little white wine). Now what can be bad.....:p:D

beachlovergirl
December 27th, 2010, 12:39 AM

Howard, I've never heard of macaroni and beef being called American Chop Suey.....guess that's a New England thing.

I also made a pot of soup.....creamy potato soup and topped it with bacon crumbles and shredded cheese. Also made BLT sandwiches. Just something about soup when its snowing!! We're supposed to get at least 12" but with the high wind gusts probably going to be a lot of drifting.

John and Jason were supposed to go to the Eagles game tonight but it was postponed until Tuesday night. I'm just glad he's off tonight and not working in this mess.

Pat, tell Rod we're thinking about him and hope that he's back to normal real soon.

Stay warm everyone!!

Dee

pamkev
December 27th, 2010, 05:33 AM
We hardly got any snow here in Central Pa although it sure is cold and windy. We just had warms up yesterday although the talk of all this soups makes me want to make some. Stay warm and Pat I hope Rod gets feeling better real soon Pam

hac82
December 27th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Howard, I've never heard of macaroni and beef being called American Chop Suey.....guess that's a New England thing.

I also made a pot of soup.....creamy potato soup and topped it with bacon crumbles and shredded cheese. Also made BLT sandwiches. Just something about soup when its snowing!! We're supposed to get at least 12" but with the high wind gusts probably going to be a lot of drifting.

John and Jason were supposed to go to the Eagles game tonight but it was postponed until Tuesday night. I'm just glad he's off tonight and not working in this mess.

Pat, tell Rod we're thinking about him and hope that he's back to normal real soon.

Stay warm everyone!!

Dee
I think it is a New England thing for the name. That is why I gave the link. I noticed it is also called American Goulash as well as other things. No matter what, still yummy for a snowy day.

We are looking at maybe 18+ inches here and right now it is still going strong. I was happy to tap into my company e-mail to see a notice from HR that our office is close for the snow emergency. So even though I can work from home, seeing that my DD decided to give me her cold when she arrived, I will do periodic on-lines during the day to check out some things.

Looks like it will be mostly soup, American Chop Suey an the bed for me today.

beachbuddy
December 27th, 2010, 07:38 AM
I think it is a New England thing for the name. That is why I gave the link. I noticed it is also called American Goulash as well as other things. No matter what, still yummy for a snowy day.

We are looking at maybe 18+ inches here and right now it is still going strong. I was happy to tap into my company e-mail to see a notice from HR that our office is close for the snow emergency. So even though I can work from home, seeing that my DD decided to give me her cold when she arrived, I will do periodic on-lines during the day to check out some things.

Looks like it will be mostly soup, American Chop Suey an the bed for me today.

Howard, Do you have to take a vacation day when the office closes? We have to use vacation so I'm gonna do my best to get in. I think it pretty much stopped snowing here but it's still blowing around and lots of drifts......the poor lite up snowman only has his head sticking out......LOL

Dee, Lisa's friend bought Eagle tickets as a Christmas gift for her 2 little kids but it was for the 1 pm game. She was so mad that they changed it to 8:00 p.m. And then yesterday she was freaking out with the snow so she called their friend that works there and learned early that it was going to be cancelled. I think everyone is lucky that it was cancelled because what a mess that could have been.

Patty

hac82
December 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
According to the policy they sent out with the notice, we get paid and it is not PTO. They closed the office. If they were open and we chose not to work then it was PTO.

It is a moot point anyways since I am online with the office from my house. Cold or no cold, storm or no storm, Work From Home is always available (unless the power went out)..... Hmmmmm.

beachbuddy
December 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
According to the policy they sent out with the notice, we get paid and it is not PTO. They closed the office. If they were open and we chose not to work then it was PTO.

It is a moot point anyways since I am online with the office from my house. Cold or no cold, storm or no storm, Work From Home is always available (unless the power went out)..... Hmmmmm.

That's great! For us it doesn't matter if they close the office or not we have to use PTO if we don't work. Last year she closed the office 2 days and I had to use PTO - sad thing is I was able to get in and couldn't because she closed the office. I'm not hooked up to work from home. I did make it in today.

RodPat
December 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Patty, Glad you made it to work safely. I hate winter more each year. I am becoming a grouchy old lady :eek:

Pat

hac82
December 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
... I am becoming a grouchy old lady :eek:

Pat
Sorry, I just cannot believe that that could happen. Not you.

Host Corkey
December 27th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I am still tired and we had a quiet Christmas - getting old I guess - we complain that we are cold - it's mid 50's here and sun was out so we went out for a drive and enjoyed clear weather - it's suppose to rain for 3 days - I don't know how I would exist in the snow country.

Rod - get well quick - Pat, be a good nurse - I had to and still am, now it's your turn!

soup sounds good - for new yrs day I will be making black eyed peas with collard greens and ham soup - cornbread - suppose to be good luck - been doing it for years and I am still waiting for my good luck - maybe cuz I am not from the south?? so I will cover myself and make some filipino noodles too -

right now I am enjoying my wine cake, my pumpkin loaf and lots of very excellent Christmas cookies that we got from good friends.... See's chocolates and other goodies -

carol

bagsybarlow
December 28th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hi Everyone.
Many thanks for the congratulations on the birth of our new grandson.

Pat I hope Rod can get his surgery done quickly and with what we call keyhole surgery. Our son Simon in Canada had his gall bladder removed and hiatus hernia repairs done at the beginning of November and was discharged from hospital on the same day. He saw his surgeon the beginning of December and is everything went well and he is back to normal travelling all over the place again.
Sorry to see the news about your weather, it has been dreadful in New York & New Jersey as well as South Carolina. I only hope it hasn't spoilt your holiday plans.

We feel as though it is springtime because the last couple of days have been up to 3 degrees c. and night time has only been -1c.

Tony I hope you soon have your pain sorted out and those who have colds find they soon clear up.

Take care everyone, stay warm, safe & well.
Betty

RodPat
December 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM
thanks everyone for wishing Rod well. He is not in any pain right now but I made an appointment with a surgeon for tomorrow afternoon. I hope he can have his surgery over in one day soon. Don't like to see my hunny hurting. Got out today for breakfast. Rod has been dying to get out. He is not used to staying home for 48 hours or more. Streets are fairly clear of snow but our community streets are just awlful. Roads that are supposed to be two lanes are now only one and full of packed snow. It is supposed to be warming up on the weekend so maybe this will all melt away.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 28th, 2010, 05:12 PM
thanks everyone for wishing Rod well. He is not in any pain right now but I made an appointment with a surgeon for tomorrow afternoon. I hope he can have his surgery over in one day soon. Don't like to see my hunny hurting. Got out today for breakfast. Rod has been dying to get out. He is not used to staying home for 48 hours or more. Streets are fairly clear of snow but our community streets are just awlful. Roads that are supposed to be two lanes are now only one and full of packed snow. It is supposed to be warming up on the weekend so maybe this will all melt away.

Pat

Pat,

Glad Rod is not in pain at the present time. I'm hoping the sun melts all this crap away too!! Main roads are pretty good, but our development is not!! I think they're not in a hurry to clean up the development streets since there's no school and school buses don't have to use those roads this week.

Patty

RodPat
December 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Patty, All this talk about Rod but how is Tony. Does he know what is wrong with his shoulder. I have not been able to raise my arm above my head for a while. My shoulder is killing me. Had an exray but only bad arthritis there. I will wait as long as I can or at least until the nice weather to go further on it. Hope Tony feels better, I know how bad it can be. I still say it is horrible to go over 60. It is all downhill from age 50 on.:)

Pat

beachbuddy
December 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Patty, All this talk about Rod but how is Tony. Does he know what is wrong with his shoulder. I have not been able to raise my arm above my head for a while. My shoulder is killing me. Had an exray but only bad arthritis there. I will wait as long as I can or at least until the nice weather to go further on it. Hope Tony feels better, I know how bad it can be. I still say it is horrible to go over 60. It is all downhill from age 50 on.:)

Pat

Pat, he had xrays and had an MRI last Tuesday. He goes back to the doctors Monday after New Year's to get the results. The xray showed some arthritis in his neck so waiting to see what the MRI says. His pain is coming from the neck......shoulder and down his arm. He's fine when he's laying down but when the arm is dangling he starts getting pain and even driving is giving him pain.

I know what your going thru with that shoulder of yours. Remember, I had that problem a couple years ago where I could not even raise my left arm to do my hair. I had xrays and an MRI and nothing was torn and he said I had very little arthritis in that area. I figured it was from using the walker for so long after the foot surgery and really putting a lot of strain on that arm but who knows. I had cortisone shots and went for PT. PT helped a little but not much. I was able to raise the arm but to this day I still am having a problem with that arm, especially when I go to take off a sweatshirt or anything that has to go over my head. Bothers me when I'm trying to sleep to.....have to be careful how I turn in bed. Yes, this getting old certainly ain't the "golden years" that everyone talks about! LOL

On another note, are you guys doing anything for New Years? Our friends invited us to spend the night in A.C. with them again. They have 4 tickets to the big New Year's party and 4 tickets for the brunch New Year's Day so I guess that's what we're doing.

Patty

MikeKl
December 30th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year!! I haven't been on in a while, work is starting to get busy as I am gearing up for tax season..... We got buried in 20 inches of snow last weekend and seems like NYC is still digging out!!!

RodPat
December 30th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Mike, I think most of us got buried also from all that snow. A few here escaped the cold and snow. Here's also wishing everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year. Rod is going to have his gallbladder out on Jan. 14. The doctor does operations on Friday in Freehold and Monday and Tuesday in Hamilton. Friday is better for Rod as he usually takes off most Fridays. I am sure going to AC would be more fun for him but somethings just got to be done. This doctor will do it Laproscopically. I think that is a word.:) He will go in to the hospital in the morning and come home in the afternoon. Big difference from when I had my gallbladder out. I am glad he will not be in too much pain. Especially since I am his nurse and my skills are much like Carol's.
Off to party now and also tomorrow.
Patty enjoy AC, we could have went to the TAJ but we always go to a friends house on New Year's eve so I felt it would be much cheaper to stay near home. New Years day we go to Newton NJ to my cousins cabin on the lake.

Pat

beachbuddy
December 30th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Pat,

Yep, going to AC tomorrow and staying overnight with friends of ours. They have 4 tickets to the big New Year's Party and also for the New Year's Brunch the next day! Should be fun and it'll be nice to see our summer time friends.

I'm glad Rod is going to have the surgery soon - this way he'll be out of pain and won't have to long to worry about having the surgery done. We'll actually be in AC on the 13th and staying overnight for Tony's 60th BD which is on the 13th.

I probably won't be on the boards for the next few days so I want to wish everyone......

A Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year! I certainly hope it's a good one for all of us!!!

Patty

hac82
December 30th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Pat, glad to hear that Rod will have the surgery soon and it will all be over quickly. We will be thinking of him that day.

We are having a small "Pot-luck" party. I am planning on making pulled brisket and got a great surprise at the store. Last night I placed an order for a 4 lb Choice Cut Brisket and that I should be called if they do not have it. Never got a call so I went down after work and "NO BRISKET". They called the Manager and while I was waiting, I saw a 7.25 brisket in the case and asked it they could just cut 2/3 of it off and give me that. No one is allowed to cut after the "guys" went home. The manager gave me the 7.25 Angus brisket for the price I would have paid for 4. So I got 3.25 more and I better cut of meat for less money. YEEHAA.

Then I came home and in the mail was a letter from our county government for me and also one for Sharon. I have been called to District court in March and 2 days later, Sharon has been called to Superior Court. We feel so loved.

So with that, I will say Happy New Year to everyone and send our wishes to you all that 2011 is a better, happier, and more prosperous year than 2010. It will be better because we will be on the cruise next year as well.

Slessenb
December 30th, 2010, 11:19 PM
So with that, I will say Happy New Year to everyone and send our wishes to you all that 2011 is a better, happier, and more prosperous year than 2010. It will be better because we will be on the cruise next year as well.

Howard, Pat, Patty , Carol and all the rest of our board friends,

Happy 2011 from a very snowy and bitter cold Colrado. I am so happy not to have to leave the house tomorrow!!! Yesterday it was about 60 degrees and today started at 36 ended up at 8 degrees and it is not even midnight but feels like -9 because of the wind/snow. Up to 10 inches of that white stuff called snow. Pat, like you I hate the winter and snow- yep I am grouchy...

I left my office at 1 PM and even my 15 minute drive was 35 mins! I sent my staff home because in my company we are very easy- I get to choose what the staff works on a holiday so no one had to take ETO ( PTO)- try to be a good boss most of the time but I have my moments!! :D

Pat/Patty my hugs to Rod and Tony-cannot have those guys hurting! Carol- hugs to Narce and Howard, you get direct hugs. If I come see you again are you cooking for me????

Carol, that is a Southern meal for sure- where did you learn to cook that type of food? Jim said, if he could get to the airport- he would be there for dinner on the 1st...Poor Jim, gets seafood but yes I am making turkey chili on Saturday.

Only 322 days till we meet again!

HAPPY HAPPY 2011 to each of you.

Sue

pamkev
January 1st, 2011, 07:22 AM
Happy 2011 to everyone

:):):)

hac82
January 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Did anyone notice? The cruise is THIS YEAR.

RodPat
January 1st, 2011, 09:56 AM
Did anyone notice? The cruise is THIS YEAR.

HOORAY, YIPPEE, GREAT NEWS!!!!! CAN'T WAIT, ITS GETTING CLOSER.

Pat

NanaL
January 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year and Happy ruise Year to all,

Linda

RodPat
January 1st, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year and Happy ruise Year to all,

Linda

Happy New Year to you also. Now I have to learn to write 2011 on my checks. Usually takes a few weeks for me to get that straight.:D

Pat

Host Corkey
January 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
still tired, but happy tired from the festivities of new yrs eve at the nephew's - we had a private dinner with just family members, but at 8pm, his neighbors did a block party and we just all sat around and chatted - no one got smashed - just good clean fun - the nephew's Dad (Narce's oldest brother) helped put a roast pig together so they were roasting that over a pit in the front yard then he had to go back to Fremont for his own fancy formal dinner / dance event with his wife - the nephew also did fried turkeys and pot luck from everyone else - there were over 30 of us - then our new niece-in-law who is of Japanese descent made all kinds of good luck japanese food - all very good - two front yards had canopies, table, chairs and 3 fire pits cuz it was very cold that night and it also rained a little - that neighborhood is very close as we also attend their annual july 4th block party sometimes. so we ended up not coming home til after 1:30 am and I thought we would be able to come home by 10pm - guess I was having too much of a good time. Glad it wasn't roudy - no complaints - ha!ha! since the entire neighborhood was there! good way to have a party -

Everyone please have a very good Happy New 2011 -- made black eyed peas with ham and collard greens yesterday - today is filipino noodles = good luck food!!

carol

kimba1
January 2nd, 2011, 10:14 PM
Haven't been in here in a while....sorry just can't keep up with everything. Happy New Year to everyone! Doing a little catch-up reading and see Rod is having surgery. Good luck to him - I had my appendix out laproscopy and went on a cruise 3 weeks later (and cave tubed in Belize) so he should be fine. I'm sure you will be a great nurse, Pat...or bad enough that he will stop complaining and feel better..LOL!

Back to work tomorrow but at least the snow is melting. Is winter over yet? I hate this weather.

Kim

bagsybarlow
January 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

I hope Rod's surgery does well, at least he doesn't have to wait too long before he starts to feel A1 again.

Carol what a lovely time you had at the Block Party, it sounds almost magical with all the fire pits & canopies and spit roast pork.

We received all our flight & hotel details on Saturday so it won't be too long now. Can hardly wait.

Our flight times seem very good and at least they are direct flights from Manchester and we don't have to get up at 3am to get to the airport for check in time and on the return flight we don't leave Newark until 10.22pm so we can make the most of our time with our son who will be meeting up with us.

Apparently our pre cruise hotel is only a couple of blocks from a high security prison.

Betty

beachbuzzard
January 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Hi gang - just a quick note before heading out to Lake Tahoe to some skiing this weekend with my boys. Carol, won't see you this time out but hope you still have us on your calendar for March when I'm back out for bowling! Kim and I have a room reserved in SF from Wed night 3/2 through Friday night 3/4 - so we'll be around that Thursday or Friday in the city if you and Narce want to hook up for dinner somewhere!

Hope you all had a good new year! I didn't go back to read much but I see Kim mentioning surgery for Rod. Hope it is nothing too serious - best of luck to goes out to him from me, ok Pat?

BTW, in case you had lost count - we are only 318 days away! The clock keeps on ticking!!!

See you all when I get back -

Alex

beachbuzzard
January 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
PS - Except for you Patty - will see you this evening!! Thanks again!!! :)

beachbuddy
January 4th, 2011, 08:18 PM
PS - Except for you Patty - will see you this evening!! Thanks again!!! :)

LOL...........just reading this..........you should be here any minute! LOL

...and your welcome........anytime!!

Patty

kimba1
January 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM
LOL...........just reading this..........you should be here any minute! LOL

...and your welcome........anytime!!

Patty

Patty. I think you saw Alex longer than me tonight. We were planning to meet for dinner but as I pulled up to the restaurant got a call from my daughter. She was in a car accident and totaled her car. She was not hurt thank God but I rushed home to deal with her. Got home and everything was done - car towed, etc and she and her friends were headed out for sushi. So........I rushed home to scavenge some leftovers and eat alone. What a great start to Alex being away. Ugh!

beachbuddy
January 5th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Patty. I think you saw Alex longer than me tonight. We were planning to meet for dinner but as I pulled up to the restaurant got a call from my daughter. She was in a car accident and totaled her car. She was not hurt thank God but I rushed home to deal with her. Got home and everything was done - car towed, etc and she and her friends were headed out for sushi. So........I rushed home to scavenge some leftovers and eat alone. What a great start to Alex being away. Ugh!

Kim,

Sorry about your daughter's accident, but glad she is okay and not hurt. I didn't see Alex for very long..........just long enough to grab a hug and kiss and get his car keys.........LOL I really hope the news is right this time and that we'll just get snow flurries Friday and Saturday - can't take more snow!!

Tony got the results from his MRI......he has arthritis, couple bone spurs and a pinched nerve so I guess that's what has been giving him so much pain from the neck all the way down his left arm. He's had this for over a month now but tried treating it himself for a few weeks before going to the doctors. The doctor gave him 3 scripts and wants him to have PT 3 x/week for 4 weeks. I'll call and get him a referral today and try to get him an appointment.

Listening to the weather and now they are saying 1-3 inches for Trenton and 2-5 north of us. We have to pick Tony's mother up at the airport Saturday, she's coming here for 2 weeks from Florida.

Hope you have a good week..........Alex will be back in no time at all!!

Patty

hac82
January 5th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Kim, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad to know that she is okay. It is always frightening to get a call like that.

Patty, sorry to hear what is causing Tony his pain. I have had a small "impingement" for a while in my shoulder and it is problematic at times. I can only imagine what a full pinched nerve has to be like, not to mention the arthritis and spurs. Was there any talk about a need to have the spurs removed in the future? Hopefully the PT will help.

beachbuddy
January 5th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Kim, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad to know that she is okay. It is always frightening to get a call like that.

Patty, sorry to hear what is causing Tony his pain. I have had a small "impingement" for a while in my shoulder and it is problematic at times. I can only imagine what a full pinched nerve has to be like, not to mention the arthritis and spurs. Was there any talk about a need to have the spurs removed in the future? Hopefully the PT will help.

Howard,
The doctor said that most times it doesn't need surgery so we'll see how it goes. The problem is in his neck and he gets pain from the neck down part of the back and down the left arm. He's fine when he gets up in the morning.....does not hurt when he's laying down but once he's up and about it starts hurting. He said it's worse when he sits and driving really has been bothering him. I hope the PT helps him.

Gotta run.........i have a doctors appointment this morning so better get going.

Patty

RodPat
January 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Kim, Glad Heather was okay. Didn't this happen before? Sorry you had to rush home only to find out that she knew what to do and did it before you got there. We raise our kids to be independent but somehow in our hearts we are always there to help. Hope Alex has a wonderful time in Tahoe. I guarentee you will have a great time in San Francisco with Narce and Carol. Narce is so nice and will take you everywhere. We so enjoyed our short time with them. Carol of course is nice all the time too. I am still smiling from our visit.

Pat

RodPat
January 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Kim,

Sorry about your daughter's accident, but glad she is okay and not hurt. I didn't see Alex for very long..........just long enough to grab a hug and kiss and get his car keys.........LOL I really hope the news is right this time and that we'll just get snow flurries Friday and Saturday - can't take more snow!!

Tony got the results from his MRI......he has arthritis, couple bone spurs and a pinched nerve so I guess that's what has been giving him so much pain from the neck all the way down his left arm. He's had this for over a month now but tried treating it himself for a few weeks before going to the doctors. The doctor gave him 3 scripts and wants him to have PT 3 x/week for 4 weeks. I'll call and get him a referral today and try to get him an appointment.

Listening to the weather and now they are saying 1-3 inches for Trenton and 2-5 north of us. We have to pick Tony's mother up at the airport Saturday, she's coming here for 2 weeks from Florida.

Hope you have a good week..........Alex will be back in no time at all!!

Patty

Glad that Tony at least knows what is wrong with his shoulder, neck and arm. Hope PT and the meds help. I am putting off my MRI on my shoulder until Rod's surgery is over and he is feeling better. Tony's mom is not going to like coming up here in this cold weather. Rod has a sales meeting in Long Island from Thursday til Saturday. Hope there is not too much snow as he has to drive home Saturday. His company used to have these meetings in Orlando but now thinks it is cheaper to have it close to the office. It was a lot of stuff they would have to send down for the meetings so I guess they save money having it up north. They are a national company and people will have to fly on Saturday. Hope there is not too much snow.

Rod and I just booked another cruise. We are going on Equinox 10 day Caribbean cruise on April 22. We are traveling with our friends Elaine and John from California. They are going on Silhouette with all of us also. We are doing Aqua class which is my most favorite. Blu is a great restaurant and only those in Aqua go there. We were supposed to be on this ship for the TA but the one way fares from Rome cost more than the cruise.

Pat

If only
January 5th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi all
Just thought we would check in, we are Shirley & David from just north of Toronto. We finally decided on this cruise after Celebrity cancelled our cruise on the Constellation next Nov to stay in Europe longer. Sounds like a great group going. I think we met Rod & Pat on our last cruise in Nov on the Connie but there were a lot of people on Cheryl's deck that day. Weather was really disappointing on that cruise & I agree with Pat, I have never seen any rain in Aruba any time we have been there. Hopefully next year's weather will be much better in Nov.
Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Shirley

beachbuddy
January 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Glad that Tony at least knows what is wrong with his shoulder, neck and arm. Hope PT and the meds help. I am putting off my MRI on my shoulder until Rod's surgery is over and he is feeling better. Tony's mom is not going to like coming up here in this cold weather. Rod has a sales meeting in Long Island from Thursday til Saturday. Hope there is not too much snow as he has to drive home Saturday. His company used to have these meetings in Orlando but now thinks it is cheaper to have it close to the office. It was a lot of stuff they would have to send down for the meetings so I guess they save money having it up north. They are a national company and people will have to fly on Saturday. Hope there is not too much snow.

Rod and I just booked another cruise. We are going on Equinox 10 day Caribbean cruise on April 22. We are traveling with our friends Elaine and John from California. They are going on Silhouette with all of us also. We are doing Aqua class which is my most favorite. Blu is a great restaurant and only those in Aqua go there. We were supposed to be on this ship for the TA but the one way fares from Rome cost more than the cruise.

Pat

Hey, you go girl!!! Another cruise.....I wanna be you............LOL

Tony has an appointment tomorrow morning for PT so I'm hoping it help him. You can see on his face that he's in pain. He's been using the heating pad the last few days and the sofa in the basement is not as soft as the one up here so he's been watching TV down there and using the heating pad - guess he's more comfortable on the firmer sofa.

We'll be in A.C. on the 14th, but we'll be thinking of Rod and hoping all goes well with his surgery.

Hey, we came home with our money on New Years's plus a little extra for a change! LOL The Taj was jammed!

Patty

beachbuddy
January 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hi all
Just thought we would check in, we are Shirley & David from just north of Toronto. We finally decided on this cruise after Celebrity cancelled our cruise on the Constellation next Nov to stay in Europe longer. Sounds like a great group going. I think we met Rod & Pat on our last cruise in Nov on the Connie but there were a lot of people on Cheryl's deck that day. Weather was really disappointing on that cruise & I agree with Pat, I have never seen any rain in Aruba any time we have been there. Hopefully next year's weather will be much better in Nov.

Shirley

Hi Shirley and David,

Welcome to the thread......we're always happy to have new people join us. I'm hoping next November's weather will be good too! We've cruised a lot during that time of year and so far we've had very nice weather. Keeping fingers crossed!

Patty

RodPat
January 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hi all

Shirley

Hi Shirley, I remember you on that big deck. I think you will like the people here. Most of them I have sailed with before and I can swear they are a great bunch of people. We are not as crazy as the last group on Connie but everyone here knows how to have a good time. Glad you joined up for this cruise.

Pat

If only
January 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Shirley and David,

Welcome to the thread......we're always happy to have new people join us. I'm hoping next November's weather will be good too! We've cruised a lot during that time of year and so far we've had very nice weather. Keeping fingers crossed!

Patty

Thanks to you & Pat for the warm welcome. I think this Nov was the worst weather we have ever encountered in the Caribbean, it rained once each day except sea days which there were not many. I must say I am a little unsure of going out of Cape Liberty in Nov as we have been on the Solstice and found that it rocked more than the M class, so here's hoping that is not the case next year.

RodPat
January 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hey, you go girl!!! Another cruise.....I wanna be you............LOL

Tony has an appointment tomorrow morning for PT so I'm hoping it help him. You can see on his face that he's in pain. He's been using the heating pad the last few days and the sofa in the basement is not as soft as the one up here so he's been watching TV down there and using the heating pad - guess he's more comfortable on the firmer sofa.

We'll be in A.C. on the 14th, but we'll be thinking of Rod and hoping all goes well with his surgery.

Hey, we came home with our money on New Years's plus a little extra for a change! LOL The Taj was jammed!

Patty

Patty, You can go on another cruise also. We have had a lot of friends die on us this year and none were very old. I am not saving my money just to give it to a nursing home, so if it looks like we travel alot it is because we have seen first hand how short life can be.

Enjoy AC, wish I could be there with you. My cousin gave me a $100 gift certificate for Borgata. I get my rooms free there but I could use it on food. Rod and I have quite abit of comps saved so I could eat almost anywhere. Taj gives us free rooms any night of the week. We may go down for a few days over Presidents day in February. Coming home with money is a novel idea. Doesn't happen often enough for me.:D Hope Tony is feeling better. I hope those meds work. If I take 800 mg. of iboprophen, it doesn't hurt so much. I still can't raise my arm over my head but I can function for now.

Pat

beachbuddy
January 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Patty, You can go on another cruise also. We have had a lot of friends die on us this year and none were very old. I am not saving my money just to give it to a nursing home, so if it looks like we travel alot it is because we have seen first hand how short life can be.

Enjoy AC, wish I could be there with you. My cousin gave me a $100 gift certificate for Borgata. I get my rooms free there but I could use it on food. Rod and I have quite abit of comps saved so I could eat almost anywhere. Taj gives us free rooms any night of the week. We may go down for a few days over Presidents day in February. Coming home with money is a novel idea. Doesn't happen often enough for me.:D Hope Tony is feeling better. I hope those meds work. If I take 800 mg. of iboprophen, it doesn't hurt so much. I still can't raise my arm over my head but I can function for now.

Pat

Pat,
I know......life is short and you never know what tomorrow holds, but for now I know tomorrow holds work so can't do lots of vacationing.......LOL Need to save time for summer and Sea Isle and then 12 nights for this cruise. Still not sure when or if I want to retire.....just not sure about it yet.

I don't blame you..........you 2 should do as much as you can - I think it's great! We get free rooms in A.C. too. We actually have the 13th and 14th booked but not sure if we're going to stay both nights. Two nights could be dangerous.......LOL

Coming home with money is a first for us in a long time. Tony did great the afternoon that we got there and we basically played with their money the whole time we were there. And.....for once, we both came home a little ahead......LOL Hope we can repeat it again next week............wishful thinking.