PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette November 18 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Host Corkey
February 4th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Just a FYI according to the USA Today reported on Fox's News that the people in Fresno, Ca are the drunkest people in the United State and I do believe we have a few from that area and us east coast people are the most sober so we must be in for a good time with all west coast cruisers:D:)

Pam

PS Hey Pat maybe that's why Elaine not posting:)

Ha!ha! I live 3 hrs north of Fresno, so I am NOT one of them!! however, even if I don't drink that much, I act like I do -can't help it ...
carol

beachbuddy
February 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Just was on the main board and saw this link. If you go there, go down to where they have pictures of the inaugaral cruise of Solstice. This is the first ship in the same class as our Silhouette. Really nice pics, I think you all will enjoy. http://www.thepreismans.com/

Pat

Pat, Wow, they have great pictures. I even looked at some of their other vacation pictures on other ships.

It didn't look like there was much storage on the "S" ships. There's only a few drawers and 1 closet and it doesn't look like it has any shelves in the closet. Where the heck do you put everything when you sail on those ships? LOL I'm so used to all the shelves and the storage above the TV on the RCCL ships plus drawers on both sides of the vanity plus the large drawer in the center of the balcony plus all the little storage areas on both sides of the vanity mirror. I really am serious when I say "where do you fit everything"......LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 4th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Pat, Wow, they have great pictures. I even looked at some of their other vacation pictures on other ships.

It didn't look like there was much storage on the "S" ships. There's only a few drawers and 1 closet and it doesn't look like it has any shelves in the closet. Where the heck do you put everything when you sail on those ships? LOL I'm so used to all the shelves and the storage above the TV on the RCCL ships plus drawers on both sides of the vanity plus the large drawer in the center of the balcony plus all the little storage areas on both sides of the vanity mirror. I really am serious when I say "where do you fit everything"......LOL

Patty

Patty, If I remember correctly there are two shelves by the safe in the closet and of course the top shelf. There is a high closet over the bed but to store anything in there you have to stand on the bed or be tall. There are 3 shelves in a closet in the bathroom with a door. above that are 3 shelves with a glass door. This is where I stored my underwear and my hairdryer, as I always take my own. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but I like mine. The night tables have no drawers just two small shelves which don't hold more than a book. Everyone is complaining about those night stands so I am hoping that they make some changes on Silhouette. I was only on Solstice for a 7 day cruise so I had plenty of room. On this one since you are Elite you will get coupons. One of which will be for 30 garments washed and folded, one dry cleaning, and one pressing only. Both you and Tony will get coupons so you should thnk about sending some stuff out. I have used laundry coupons for my last couple of cruises. There are also some drawers next to the vanity or desk.

Pat

RodPat
February 4th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Just a FYI according to the USA Today reported on Fox's News that the people in Fresno, Ca are the drunkest people in the United State and I do believe we have a few from that area and us east coast people are the most sober so we must be in for a good time with all west coast cruisers:D:)

Pam

PS Hey Pat maybe that's why Elaine not posting:)

Pam, Did you tell Elaine about that article. You are right about that might just be the reason why she doesn't post.:D Should we let everyone here know how many bottles of wine might be in her room on this cruise. Remember when she cruised with us in Sept. She had 15 bottles delivered to her room for a 10 day cruise. We had 4 bottles delivered and you had some also. Then we went out and bought 6 more and somehow they all went by the end of the 10 day cruise. Thank God your husband doesn't drink or we would have needed more.:D:D

Pat

beachbuddy
February 5th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Patty, If I remember correctly there are two shelves by the safe in the closet and of course the top shelf. There is a high closet over the bed but to store anything in there you have to stand on the bed or be tall. There are 3 shelves in a closet in the bathroom with a door. above that are 3 shelves with a glass door. This is where I stored my underwear and my hairdryer, as I always take my own. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but I like mine. The night tables have no drawers just two small shelves which don't hold more than a book. Everyone is complaining about those night stands so I am hoping that they make some changes on Silhouette. I was only on Solstice for a 7 day cruise so I had plenty of room. On this one since you are Elite you will get coupons. One of which will be for 30 garments washed and folded, one dry cleaning, and one pressing only. Both you and Tony will get coupons so you should thnk about sending some stuff out. I have used laundry coupons for my last couple of cruises. There are also some drawers next to the vanity or desk.

Pat

Pat, you keep your underwear in the bathroom? Does it get moist from the steam when you take showers? I always bring my own hair dryer too!! LOL

Are there plugs in the bathroom? On RCCL, I always plugged in at the vanity because there were no plugs in the bathroom for the hair dryer. But that's fine because I used to sit at the vanity and dry my hair.

Geez...........I'm off to bed.......it's really late.

One more thing........by any chance did you watch "What would you do" tonight? It was filmed at Mastoris right here in Bordentown and the first person that got involved was Bill who was a friend of my dad's - my dad used to go to the dinner with Bill quite a bit at night. My daughter was working when they were filming it a couple months ago so we saw her a few times in the background too..........LOL The funniest one was the old lady.........she was hysterical.

Now I'm off to bed.

Patty

Slessenb
February 5th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Wow! I had so much fun reading the posts tonight and catching up! like all of you I am so tired of winter, snow and cold. Monday/Tuesday this week it was below 0 all day and 28 below one night! A snow storm of a few inches and ice came through late yesterday and I nearly did a 360 on our freeway! I also was sick this week and just hated life and I am hinking we have a couple months at least left of this stuff. Looking at the pictures and reading the chat sure cheered me up tonight. I cannot ever take great pictures :)

Is this the crusie that we can bring a couple bottles of wine on board? Or am I dreaming? I do enjoy my glass of wine or two ay night-no I live in Denver not Fresno.

Take care all

pamkev
February 5th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Yes Pat I remember all that wine and all the fun drinking it:)

Carol good think your 3 hours away:)

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Wow! I had so much fun reading the posts tonight and catching up! like all of you I am so tired of winter, snow and cold. Monday/Tuesday this week it was below 0 all day and 28 below one night! A snow storm of a few inches and ice came through late yesterday and I nearly did a 360 on our freeway! I also was sick this week and just hated life and I am hinking we have a couple months at least left of this stuff. Looking at the pictures and reading the chat sure cheered me up tonight. I cannot ever take great pictures :)

Is this the crusie that we can bring a couple bottles of wine on board? Or am I dreaming? I do enjoy my glass of wine or two ay night-no I live in Denver not Fresno.

Take care all

Sue, Yes on Celebrity you can bring 2 bottles of wine in your check in luggage. Sometimes in Bayonne, Rod will bring 2 bottles and I bring 2 bottles. In May when we went on Summit, we did this and they never blinked. I called my cousin who hadn't left her house yet and told her to bring as much as she wanted. Guess what, she did. After all we are related.:D I keep counting the days until spring around here. The weather is even getting to Rod who is always in a good mood. At least we have each other on this board to get us through. The other day I went to home goods and bought some things for the garden. It made me feel like someday I will see the grass again.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Sue, Yes on Celebrity you can bring 2 bottles of wine in your check in luggage. Sometimes in Bayonne, Rod will bring 2 bottles and I bring 2 bottles. In May when we went on Summit, we did this and they never blinked. I called my cousin who hadn't left her house yet and told her to bring as much as she wanted. Guess what, she did. After all we are related.:D I keep counting the days until spring around here. The weather is even getting to Rod who is always in a good mood. At least we have each other on this board to get us through. The other day I went to home goods and bought some things for the garden. It made me feel like someday I will see the grass again.

Pat

Pat, I was thinking the same thing.....how would they even know your together when you go thru the scanner? So.......I was thinking you could bring 2 bottles each too. They only check your ID when you walk in but I dont' remember them checking at the scanners. You said you put it in your checked luggage..........do you mean your carry ons?? Have you ever taken anything else besides wine??

Talking about grass.........I wonder how the grass is going to do on the Silhouette sailing out of Bayonne in the winter............LOL

Sue, I'm so tired of this crappy weather too. Today it's supposed to rain/maybe snow mix and I think tomorrow it's supposed to warm up and give us some sun........but then I think next week we'll be back in the cold again.

I need sun.......warmth........I need a vacation now!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Patty

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Patty, we have used rum runners to take some cognac for Rod on the ship. They are totally made of plastic and don't show up on the exray machine. They have gone with us all over the world and no problem. They can be found at rumrunner dot com. We love them. Rod just goes to a bar and asks for a cognac glass and gives the bartender a tip and that is no problem. I wash it myself and store it away. If you leave it out the cabin steward takes them away to be cleaned and does not bring the glass back.
I don't know how the grass will hold up in the winter but I would sure love to build a snowman on the ship and see how long it takes to melt.;)
I never answered your question about my clothes in the bathroom. There is a solid door over half the shelves and a glass door over the top half. No moisture ever in there.

Pat

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Betty, Are you alright across the pond. Haven't heard from you in awhile. Sorry if we are boring some with all our talk about snow. This winter has made us all tired and cranky. Complaining is the only thing we can do to work out our frustration.:D

Pat

beachbuddy
February 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Patty, we have used rum runners to take some cognac for Rod on the ship. They are totally made of plastic and don't show up on the exray machine. They have gone with us all over the world and no problem. They can be found at rumrunner dot com. We love them. Rod just goes to a bar and asks for a cognac glass and gives the bartender a tip and that is no problem. I wash it myself and store it away. If you leave it out the cabin steward takes them away to be cleaned and does not bring the glass back.
I don't know how the grass will hold up in the winter but I would sure love to build a snowman on the ship and see how long it takes to melt.;)
I never answered your question about my clothes in the bathroom. There is a solid door over half the shelves and a glass door over the top half. No moisture ever in there.

Pat

Pat, that's good to know about the bathroom closet.........I was getting nervous about the storage. I think I'll check out the rum runners........LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I should never give a link by memory. Here is the correct link for the rum runners. http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/ This is correct. sorry for the misinformation. Glad I have bookmarks on my computer.

Pat

mjwcruising
February 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I have cruised Celebrity a bunch of times and always take wine; either a box or 2 bottles. We used to also take Amaretto and BB (in the bottles & in our carryon) but we haven't done that the last 2 cruises.
The last 2 cruise I took rum runners with Captian Morgan spiced rum and we also took some bottles of coke to mix it with, and when I drink that (on our balcony in the afternoon) DH drank plain coke. Will probably do the wine, rum, and coke for this cruise because we have so many days at sea.
We ask the room steward for the proper type glasses and tell him or her we would like to have the length of the cruise. They have always been great with leaving us clean glasses.

As for the storage, I had packed most of my clothes in packing cubes (Eagle Creek) using different cubes for different types of clothes. I hang up our nicer things and basically whatever fits in the closet. The packing cubes really helped when using the cupboards over the bed. I just left the rest of our things in them and it made things easy to up and down and also kept articles nice and neat. Ziploc baggies work also but they don't stack quite as well and tend to slide out sometimes when you open the door.
I also took an over the door shoe hanger for small things like sunscreen, baggies, table & pen, hand sani-tizer, cork screw, bottle opener, sunglasses, travel unbrella or ponchos, etc. If there are any open slots I put shoes in them, otherwise the shoes go under the bed. The luggage goes under the bed first then the shoes around the edge. The luggage keeps the shoes from being kicked too far under the bed so we can reach them easily.

The drawers under the TV are very shallow and don't hold much. The top drawer gets warm inside so you have to be careful what you put in there. That is where we keep our folder with all our travel itinerary.
The drawers under that is things like extra baggies, makeup etc.

I also take 2 rubbermaid containers about 5"X 8" for our night stands. We put our glasses, watches, chapstick etc. in there at night. It keeps things from falling all over the place. You can pack things in them while traveling and empty them when you unpack.
There is a middle shelf that would hold a book or something small.
The bottom shelf of the night stand holds our flip flops when we are not wearing them.

In the safe we keep things like wallets, money, passports, jewelry, cell phone.

With organization you will find there is an OK amount of storage although I must say on the Explorer of the Sea we had more storage space than on any Celebrity Ship. But we still prefer Celebrity over RCCL.

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Mary, thanks for the suggestions on storage. I especially like the rubbermaid on the night stands. I could never figure out why they would put such a non functional piece of furniture next to the bed. We were motorhome people and we were used to making every inch of space count.
Whenever we sail on Royal we always take a JS and that has that walk in closet. Lots of space in that cabin to store your stuff, but since Celebrity gave us free wash and fold we don't take that much anymore.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I have cruised Celebrity a bunch of times and always take wine; either a box or 2 bottles. We used to also take Amaretto and BB (in the bottles & in our carryon) but we haven't done that the last 2 cruises.
The last 2 cruise I took rum runners with Captian Morgan spiced rum and we also took some bottles of coke to mix it with, and when I drink that (on our balcony in the afternoon) DH drank plain coke. Will probably do the wine, rum, and coke for this cruise because we have so many days at sea.
We ask the room steward for the proper type glasses and tell him or her we would like to have the length of the cruise. They have always been great with leaving us clean glasses.

As for the storage, I had packed most of my clothes in packing cubes (Eagle Creek) using different cubes for different types of clothes. I hang up our nicer things and basically whatever fits in the closet. The packing cubes really helped when using the cupboards over the bed. I just left the rest of our things in them and it made things easy to up and down and also kept articles nice and neat. Ziploc baggies work also but they don't stack quite as well and tend to slide out sometimes when you open the door.
I also took an over the door shoe hanger for small things like sunscreen, baggies, table & pen, hand sani-tizer, cork screw, bottle opener, sunglasses, travel unbrella or ponchos, etc. If there are any open slots I put shoes in them, otherwise the shoes go under the bed. The luggage goes under the bed first then the shoes around the edge. The luggage keeps the shoes from being kicked too far under the bed so we can reach them easily.

The drawers under the TV are very shallow and don't hold much. The top drawer gets warm inside so you have to be careful what you put in there. That is where we keep our folder with all our travel itinerary.
The drawers under that is things like extra baggies, makeup etc.

I also take 2 rubbermaid containers about 5"X 8" for our night stands. We put our glasses, watches, chapstick etc. in there at night. It keeps things from falling all over the place. You can pack things in them while traveling and empty them when you unpack.
There is a middle shelf that would hold a book or something small.
The bottom shelf of the night stand holds our flip flops when we are not wearing them.

In the safe we keep things like wallets, money, passports, jewelry, cell phone.

With organization you will find there is an OK amount of storage although I must say on the Explorer of the Sea we had more storage space than on any Celebrity Ship. But we still prefer Celebrity over RCCL.

Mary, thanks for all the information. Is there room in the closet to keep shoes on the floor? Where do you hang the over the door hanger?

Do you leave your rum runners in the open? Whenever we bring anything I try to hide it because I'm afraid the room attendant will report it or take it away.......LOL

Pat, we always took wine glasses from a bar and I would keep them in those little cubbie spaces on the sides of the mirror on RCCL so the cabin attendant wouldn't take them.

Do you put the rum runners in your checked luggage?? or in your carry ons???

Patty

kimba1
February 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all those great ideas mjwcruising (can't remember your name - sorry). We bring a over the door shoe rack and put it on the bathroom door to put all our toiletries, sun lotion and medicines in. Helps us stay organized.

We will br bring our rolling cooler like usual for DH coke zero, my fresco and our assortment of "waters" - aka vodka and gin. I am excited I can bring some wine also. I am a white wine drinker and normally get bored with the selection in the wine package so if we bring 4 bottles or so I should be set bc Alex doesn't drink much wine and I like it with dinner. Can you bring it to the dining room or do you pour a glass in the room and bring it? We bring our big sippy cups with the straws to bring drinks to the pool or to the shows to help our bar bill.

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for all those great ideas mjwcruising (can't remember your name - sorry). We bring a over the door shoe rack and put it on the bathroom door to put all our toiletries, sun lotion and medicines in. Helps us stay organized.

We will br bring our rolling cooler like usual for DH coke zero, my fresco and our assortment of "waters" - aka vodka and gin. I am excited I can bring some wine also. I am a white wine drinker and normally get bored with the selection in the wine package so if we bring 4 bottles or so I should be set bc Alex doesn't drink much wine and I like it with dinner. Can you bring it to the dining room or do you pour a glass in the room and bring it? We bring our big sippy cups with the straws to bring drinks to the pool or to the shows to help our bar bill.

Kiim, You can bring your own bottle of wine to the dining room but they will charge you a corkage fee of $25. I think.. I know some people will pour themselves a glass in their room and carry it to the table. We traveled with someone who would bring a box wine and do that every night. We usually bring expensive wine for the dining room so for us the corkage fee is fine but for a cheaper bottle the charge it doesn't seem worth it. We usually order some Celebrity wine for our room. We like red wine and they have two bottles that run about $25 and $38 a bottle. We also like Sequoia Grove which is more. If you order their wine for your room, you can bring that to the dining room and there is no corkage fee.

Pat

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
We also always bring diet pepsi caffine free as they have no decaffinated soda except for sprite. For 12 nights we will bring 2 12 packs. Rod likes it for breakfast and before he goes to bed. We usually buy a soda card so he can drink diet coke during the day.

Pat

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Patty, We put the rum runners in our checked luggage. We have taken it on airplanes and on lots of cruises and never had a problem with them. When in the cabin we try not to show them as I guess the cabin steward might take it away but I think they want their tip more than they want to get you in trouble. I try and keep my cabin clean and free of clutter as the room is so small that to have clutter makes me crazy. We take a folding hamper with us for dirty clothes and any clothes that we will wear again gets put away before we go to bed.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Patty, We put the rum runners in our checked luggage. We have taken it on airplanes and on lots of cruises and never had a problem with them. When in the cabin we try not to show them as I guess the cabin steward might take it away but I think they want their tip more than they want to get you in trouble. I try and keep my cabin clean and free of clutter as the room is so small that to have clutter makes me crazy. We take a folding hamper with us for dirty clothes and any clothes that we will wear again gets put away before we go to bed.

Pat

LOL...........where the heck do you hide them? On RCCL I used to hide them in all those little storage areas.........LOL I guess we could put them in the cabinet over the bed......LOL

Do you carry on your soda? water? Is it allowed?

RodPat
February 5th, 2011, 10:52 PM
LOL...........where the heck do you hide them? On RCCL I used to hide them in all those little storage areas.........LOL I guess we could put them in the cabinet over the bed......LOL

Patty, We have always just carried it on board with us. Rod ties a string around the two cases and carries it with him. When we went on Constellation this past Nov. from Ft. Lauderdale I bought a carry case that held 24 cans. I don't remember where we hid the rumrunners on Solstice but on the M class ships there is lots of storage.

Pat

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Mary, thanks for all the information. Is there room in the closet to keep shoes on the floor? Where do you hang the over the door hanger?

Do you leave your rum runners in the open? Whenever we bring anything I try to hide it because I'm afraid the room attendant will report it or take it away.......LOL

Pat, we always took wine glasses from a bar and I would keep them in those little cubbie spaces on the sides of the mirror on RCCL so the cabin attendant wouldn't take them.

Do you put the rum runners in your checked luggage?? or in your carry ons???

Patty

Patty, Yes there is room on the closet floor for shoes if that is where you want to put them. I put things like my back pack or day bag, a pop up hamper if it fits and usually one carry on. The reason we put a carryon in the closet is we use it like a safe and put things in it that aren't as valuable as the $, passports and jewelry that are in the real safe but other things we may want to lock up. Right now I can't think of any but in February I know we took our laptop and we keep it in the locked carryon in the closet.
The over the door shoe rack goes on the outside of the bathroom door. The inside of the bathroom door has a hook and we keep robes there.
We put our rum runners in checked luggage, (Alcohol is not suppose to brought on board). However, once we make it through security and go to the cabin we have never had to worry about liquor. The room steward is more interested in pleasing you and has never reported us and we leave it out in the open. I usually keep the glasses and alcohol in the little shelves beside the mirror, but when I was on the equinox I think I keep them in the little cupbord in the bathroom.

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM

The wine I take on board is for drinking on the balcony and I also put wine or my rum and coke in an insulated mug and drink it at various place around the ship but I don't take my own wine in the dining room. They charge a $25 corkage fee per bottle. I buy wine in the dining room. Dh might have 1 glass out of the bottle, so one bottle lasts me at two or three nights. If I recall correctly being elite we get two coupons for buy one glass, get one free. So on a 12 night cruise that would be 2 coupons and about 4 bottles of wine. Also I've been know to buy a bottle of beer from time to time. We usually a decent bar bill by the end of the cruise but nothing we consider outrageous.:)

Can you see through your sippy cup or does it hide whats inside?

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM

If you want to hide your rum runners on the Silhouette there is a cupboard in the bathroom. The top part is shelves with glass doors and the bottom part is shelves with wood doors. It is only about 8 inches wide, but would hold rum runners nicely.
You can carry soda and water on board but if you have it packaged correctly you can leave it at the dock with the rest of your luggage and it will be delivered to your door. (We had ours in a wheeled carryon with a luggage tag). I've read of people using wheeled coolers too.

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Pat

We like clean and clutter free also. I forgot to mention earlier we also take a folding pop up hamper.

beachbuddy
February 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mary,
I like clutter free too......I'm so used to all the storage on RCCL ships that there's hardly anything on the dresser except the ice bucket and glasses........LOL I think I'm going to have to buy an .er the door thingie (is it a shoe holder?) I never took a hamper but what we usually do is leave one luggage standing and put a large green garbage bag in it and one small white garbage bag.........leave it standing upright with the zipper at the top and we use that as our hamper. It has worked out well that way as sometimes not all our luggage fits under the bed.

What size rum runners do you have? 8 oz, 16oz??? If you check your luggage outside it doesn't really go thru security with you, right? So, going thru security we should only have our 2 bottles of wine. Do I have this right??
I just want to make sure it's the same way you get on a RCCL ship at Bayonne. We pull up, give the porter our luggage and then inside and thru security.

Lots of good storage ideas here - thanks for all the tips......LOL

We bring sippy cups but use them mainly for coffee in the morning. DH used to go down to the Cafe Promenade on RCCL ships and fill them with coffee. I think coffee there is better than coffee anywhere on the ship.....LOL Their buffet and even dinner coffee is usually yuk!!!

Patty

RodPat
February 6th, 2011, 03:32 PM
The coffee on Celebrity also stinks but it is better than it used to be. They used to use coffee syrup which was just awlful. The best coffee is in Cafe Abacio but you pay for that. In the morning the coffee that is in the elite lounge is also good and free to elites.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM
The coffee on Celebrity also stinks but it is better than it used to be. They used to use coffee syrup which was just awlful. The best coffee is in Cafe Abacio but you pay for that. In the morning the coffee that is in the elite lounge is also good and free to elites.

Pat

Pat, Michael's has coffee in the morning for elites??? I didn't know that. Do they have anything else? I thought Michael's was open to the public except during Elite cocktail hours.

Patty

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Pat, Michael's has coffee in the morning for elites??? I didn't know that. Do they have anything else? I thought Michael's was open to the public except during Elite cocktail hours.

Patty

Michael's is open from like 8am to 10am for Elite members.
It is quite nice. They do not serve a traditional breakfast but they serve things like pastries, bagels, yogurt, smoothies, fruit ??, and drinks like Bloody Marys, Screwdrivers, coffee, and cappucino. You can eat breakfast in the dining room and still visit Michael's if you want to.

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Mary,
I like clutter free too......I'm so used to all the storage on RCCL ships that there's hardly anything on the dresser except the ice bucket and glasses........LOL I think I'm going to have to buy an .er the door thingie (is it a shoe holder?) I never took a hamper but what we usually do is leave one luggage standing and put a large green garbage bag in it and one small white garbage bag.........leave it standing upright with the zipper at the top and we use that as our hamper. It has worked out well that way as sometimes not all our luggage fits under the bed.

What size rum runners do you have? 8 oz, 16oz??? If you check your luggage outside it doesn't really go thru security with you, right? So, going thru security we should only have our 2 bottles of wine. Do I have this right??
I just want to make sure it's the same way you get on a RCCL ship at Bayonne. We pull up, give the porter our luggage and then inside and thru security.

Lots of good storage ideas here - thanks for all the tips......LOL

We bring sippy cups but use them mainly for coffee in the morning. DH used to go down to the Cafe Promenade on RCCL ships and fill them with coffee. I think coffee there is better than coffee anywhere on the ship.....LOL Their buffet and even dinner coffee is usually yuk!!!

Patty

Using a piece of luggage for as a clothes hamper is fine. Our luggage is Samsonite Black Canyon (Duffles) that collapse rather well when not in use and fit fine under the bed but wouldn't work like your luggage as a hamper.

I think I bought the Rum Runner Cruise Kit that contains three of our 32oz (.946 liter)Travelers and three 8oz (.237 liter) and maybe 2 / 16oz. It was a few years ago. My son and his fiance traveled with us in April and I had enough of them that they browwed a few.

I have read that the luggage you give to the porter also goes through x-ray machines. That is how people are called to the naughty room that is talked about so much on the RCCL threads. It is why people use rum runners and put them in their checked luggage. They are suppose to be undetectable.

You are correct that you should only have your 2 bottles of wine in your carry-on bag. It is suppose to be 2 bottles per stateroom, but many people take 2 bottles per passenger (each passenger must have their on carry-on) and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I have also taken boxes of wine either in my checked luggage or carryon and have not had any problems as of now.

Yes, it's the same way you get on a RCCL ship at Bayonne. You pull up, give the porter your luggage and then inside to registration and thru security.

beachbuddy
February 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Michael's is open from like 8am to 10am for Elite members.
It is quite nice. They do not serve a traditional breakfast but they serve things like pastries, bagels, yogurt, smoothies, fruit ??, and drinks like Bloody Marys, Screwdrivers, coffee, and cappucino. You can eat breakfast in the dining room and still visit Michael's if you want to.

Mary, is there a coffee urn that we could fill our insulated mugs with? Tony usually fills our mugs and brings them back to the cabin so we can drink it on our balcony. Are we allowed to do this in Michael's? I know you can't take drinks out of the room at night but can we take coffee out in the morning?
We were able to do that in the CL on RCCL ships. They also have a little set up with pastries, etc. in the mornings.

Patty

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mary, is there a coffee urn that we could fill our insulated mugs with? Tony usually fills our mugs and brings them back to the cabin so we can drink it on our balcony. Are we allowed to do this in Michael's? I know you can't take drinks out of the room at night but can we take coffee out in the morning?
We were able to do that in the CL on RCCL ships. They also have a little set up with pastries, etc. in the mornings.

Patty

We only went to Michael's in the morning when we had a sea day (which was maybe 3 days). We usually went to Michael's for the specialty drinks after we had our breakfast in Blu. (We were Aqua Class).

I 'm not sure if they have a coffe urn. We didn't have regular coffee in Michael's Club. DH went to the bar in Michael's club and ordered himself a Cappuccino and I ordered my beverage. They made it to order and brought it to where we sitting. There is no harm in asking the server if he can put coffee in your insulated mug.

Mary

beachbuddy
February 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
We only went to Michael's in the morning when we had a sea day (which was maybe 3 days). We usually went to Michael's for the specialty drinks after we had our breakfast in Blu. (We were Aqua Class).

I 'm not sure if they have a coffe urn. We didn't have regular coffee in Michael's Club. DH went to the bar in Michael's club and ordered himself a Cappuccino and I ordered my beverage. They made it to order and brought it to where we sitting. There is no harm in asking the server if he can put coffee in your insulated mug.

Mary

If we can't fill our mugs there...........where can we fill them? Are there coffee urns in the buffet? I need coffee before I even take a shower and get dressed! LOL

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM
If we can't fill our mugs there...........where can we fill them? Are there coffee urns in the buffet? I need coffee before I even take a shower and get dressed! LOL

Yes, there are coffee urns in the buffet; you can order it through room service. :)

mjwcruising
February 6th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Yes, there are coffee urns in the buffet; or you can order it through room service. :)

beachbuddy
February 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Yes, there are coffee urns in the buffet; you can order it through room service. :)

We ordered thru room service a few times on RCCL, but it never tasted good and it was never hot so that's why Tony would just go fill our cups and bring it back. A lot of times he'd get up early and walk anyway so no problem with him getting it. We're on deck 9 so the buffet is probably just a few floors up.

Host Corkey
February 8th, 2011, 01:56 AM
Patty - I am thinking of bringing an unsulated cup for my coffee when I get it at one of the cafe's or WJ area - you know, a tall one with the cap, like a commuter mug - do you think people will look at it and think I am hoggin' up all the coffee or tea? reason I want to bring that rather an a mug from home is, I tend to spill coffee/tea on me, and with the lid, I'll have a better chance of being neater -

Last cruise on the Mariner, I bought the soda pkg and I liked it - I was forever filling up my mug and since it has the closed lid, I didn't spill NOT one drop on me! ha!ha! never thought of using that for coffee or tea - can that be used for hot? or I wonder if it's just for cold?

thanx for all the packing/storage tips - I have learned over the years to cut back on my shoes - as much as I hate to, but they do take up so much room in my luggages and since we fly from the west coast and need to watch the weight, I try to bring two dress shoes and one comfy one for walking around - 4 max... instead of way way more than the amt I used to bring. And I try to mix/match as much as I can and also keep to the basic color of black to go with my shoes!

carol

beachbuddy
February 8th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Patty - I am thinking of bringing an unsulated cup for my coffee when I get it at one of the cafe's or WJ area - you know, a tall one with the cap, like a commuter mug - do you think people will look at it and think I am hoggin' up all the coffee or tea? reason I want to bring that rather an a mug from home is, I tend to spill coffee/tea on me, and with the lid, I'll have a better chance of being neater -

Last cruise on the Mariner, I bought the soda pkg and I liked it - I was forever filling up my mug and since it has the closed lid, I didn't spill NOT one drop on me! ha!ha! never thought of using that for coffee or tea - can that be used for hot? or I wonder if it's just for cold?

thanx for all the packing/storage tips - I have learned over the years to cut back on my shoes - as much as I hate to, but they do take up so much room in my luggages and since we fly from the west coast and need to watch the weight, I try to bring two dress shoes and one comfy one for walking around - 4 max... instead of way way more than the amt I used to bring. And I try to mix/match as much as I can and also keep to the basic color of black to go with my shoes!

carol

Carol,
We have taken cups with lids on every cruise for coffee. We have plenty of those big tall insulated ones but actually, the ones we take for coffee are cheapies......I bought them at the dollar store and sometimes, I just throw them out when we're done. At the cafe promenade they had paper cups but they get so hot and sometimes they run out of lids so that is why we use our own cups. I'm definitly bringing cups for our coffee because i don't know if they have paper cups in the buffet on Celebrity (they don't have paper in the buffet on RCCL). We're not carrying those little cups back to the cabin........LOL It would be spilled all over the place.

We usually just bring a couple cans of Coke with us too. The soda package is worth it if you drink a lot of soda. Neither one of us are big soda drinkers, especially me so I just bring a few cans for Tony.

On our last cruise I really cut down too. We didn't have to fly but we bring way to much luggage and then one suitcase just for snorkel equipment and shoes....LOL I really cut down on shoes last time. I also didn't bring dressy gowns or dresses for formal night..........just wore black pants with a nicer top. The more we cruise the less we even care about formal nights. I think we ate at a specialty restaurant on the formal nights on our last cruise.......LOL

OK, have to go get ready for work. Chat later.

Patty

RodPat
February 8th, 2011, 08:50 AM
You will see lots of insulated coffee mugs on Celebrity. Lots of people bring their own because they like to keep their coffee hot or just hate those small cups.
I always wear a pair of black fancy pants and a nice top sometimes with a jacket for formal nights. I would love to wear a long dress with little straps but unfortunately my age and my size doesn't allow it. Celebrity is a line of middle age to older group of women and you will see lots of fancy pants outfits. Now with my feet not good also, I wear fancy flats. Never felt out of place. Celebrity's policy is formal across the ship all night on formal nights but I always go for formal comfort.:D

Pat

NanaL
February 8th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Pat, I love that term "formal comfort". I wear sandles with a small heel so I don't tip over if the ship tilts. I take 2 dresses and a pair of fancy pants and a few tops for dinner. I think next time I'll only take 1 dress and wear it twice. I don't think anyone is watching to see what I'm wearing lol.

What does everyone think about specialty restaurant on formal night? I don't think the md is offering that big a deal and I think that if I'm getting dressed up I want to be somewhere fancier.

Linda

RodPat
February 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Pat, I love that term "formal comfort". I wear sandles with a small heel so I don't tip over if the ship tilts. I take 2 dresses and a pair of fancy pants and a few tops for dinner. I think next time I'll only take 1 dress and wear it twice. I don't think anyone is watching to see what I'm wearing lol.

What does everyone think about specialty restaurant on formal night? I don't think the md is offering that big a deal and I think that if I'm getting dressed up I want to be somewhere fancier.

Linda

Linda, A lot of people like to go to the MDR on formal night because they give you some lobster that night. Personally it doesn't hold a candle to a whole maine lobster so I think if you want to go to one of the specialty restaurants, I would say do it. I love Tuscan Grille because I love the food and it sits in the aft of the ship and the view is wonderful. They have some really nice tables right at the windows. Muranos is nice but a bit more formal in design. The food there is also very good. I think this ship should have Quizine restaurant. Not sure about that restaurant as it was not on Solstice. The tables in the MDR are very close so even if the restaurant is nice looking you will have to be friendly wth your neighbors.

Pat

Host Corkey
February 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Ok - thanx Patty - I will bring our insulated mugs -just cuz I like my coffee hot and I tend to drink it leisurely... tea too -same with narce- I tend to drink about 3 glasses full of coke for dinner alone - so the coke pkg worked out for me since I do the same for lunch - and lots of inbetweens on our last cruise.

I also do not get all dressy anymore, that's what I told the nephew's wife for our next cruise - that I wear BLACK for formal night - a long black column dress and two different fancy tops for the two formal nights, or fancy pants with the tops.

I will go to the MDR on formal night but I no longer go to the Captain's party.. to much of a mad house and hate looking for a place to sit.

We went to the specialty restaurant on our X cruise = very fancy presentation but taste wise, I like our own Portofino better - some salad I ordered was so PRETTY - all the lettuces bunched up looking like a giant bouquet of flowers and cucumbers sliced thin on the long side was the "ribbon" in the middle holding it all together - and this sick looking green thing that was actually mint green ( hate that color on anything) that was an escargot dish - I like our escargot on RCCL with the rich butter/garlic sauce... anyway, the filet mignon was good on X at the specialty place - that night our friends were celebrating their anniv and we didn't order anything special but a portuguese server happen to come by and heard Susana and Manuel speaking portg. and he came over and talked to us - susana happened to mention what a beautiful meal we had and glad they celebrated their anniv by eating there with us - so he brought out this special cake and we had fun admiring it with the candles and lots of picture taking... well, we were all too full to eat it for dessert so Susana said they will take it to their room and share it with us later ... never happened cuz she dropped it on the floor in the room - guess I am not the only one clumsy!! ha!ha!

carol

pamkev
February 9th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I'm with Pat on this one love Tuscan Grill with all the special places to eat on this ship might not be in the MDR a lot this cruise. Another place which is great is Bistro on five I'm sure you will find us there for lunch when we embarked instead of fighting the mob upstairs in the buffet.

Pam

beachbuddy
February 9th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Ok - thanx Patty - I will bring our insulated mugs -just cuz I like my coffee hot and I tend to drink it leisurely... tea too -same with narce- I tend to drink about 3 glasses full of coke for dinner alone - so the coke pkg worked out for me since I do the same for lunch - and lots of inbetweens on our last cruise.

I also do not get all dressy anymore, that's what I told the nephew's wife for our next cruise - that I wear BLACK for formal night - a long black column dress and two different fancy tops for the two formal nights, or fancy pants with the tops.

I will go to the MDR on formal night but I no longer go to the Captain's party.. to much of a mad house and hate looking for a place to sit.

We went to the specialty restaurant on our X cruise = very fancy presentation but taste wise, I like our own Portofino better - some salad I ordered was so PRETTY - all the lettuces bunched up looking like a giant bouquet of flowers and cucumbers sliced thin on the long side was the "ribbon" in the middle holding it all together - and this sick looking green thing that was actually mint green ( hate that color on anything) that was an escargot dish - I like our escargot on RCCL with the rich butter/garlic sauce... anyway, the filet mignon was good on X at the specialty place - that night our friends were celebrating their anniv and we didn't order anything special but a portuguese server happen to come by and heard Susana and Manuel speaking portg. and he came over and talked to us - susana happened to mention what a beautiful meal we had and glad they celebrated their anniv by eating there with us - so he brought out this special cake and we had fun admiring it with the candles and lots of picture taking... well, we were all too full to eat it for dessert so Susana said they will take it to their room and share it with us later ... never happened cuz she dropped it on the floor in the room - guess I am not the only one clumsy!! ha!ha!

carol

Carol,
You crack me up! I remember you talking about that escargot when you got home from that cruise......LOL Is the food in the MDR bad? That question is for anyone that sailed Celebrity. I love the escargot on Royal too! I know food in RCCL's MDR isn't gourmet but it's all normal food without heavy sauces all over it. I actually thought the food was very good on our last cruise with them......better than the cruise before.
I know there's a lot of specialty restaurants on Celebrity and we might try one once or maybe twice just to try them but I'd rather have dinner in the MDR and only go to a specialty restaurant because we want to, not because we have to..........LOL I know food is a subjective subject and what 1 person likes, someone else may hate, but knowing you, I think we'd both like the same things.........LOL If you say the escargot has light mint green sauce all over it, I dont' think I'd like it either. If there's no garlic on it, I won't eat it! LOL That's the only reason I eat escargot is to dip my bread in that garlic sauce.........LOL

Well, have to go get ready for work.

Patty

hac82
February 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
All I can say is that it better not snow for a while here. If it does, I have to get a plow. I thought I was protecting my toe when on Saturday I tried to get some of the snow in the wheel well of my car out and instead of stubbing my toe, when I hit it with the flat of my foot, I sprained the big toe right near the base. Toes now taped together and walking with a cane. Oh the pain.

I know it is 282 days until the cruise, but how many days until spring? I have had enough of this winter.

All the talk about the specialty dining rooms is getting me hungry and building the anticipation for this cruise. I am reading that all of them are nice, but if I were to choose only one to go to, would that be the Tuscan Grill?

NanaL
February 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hi everybody,
I love Bistro on 5. The food is great and the desserts are outrageous. The restaurant is never crowded and the service is great.
Linda

RodPat
February 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Patty, The food on Celebrity is usually a step above. Our last cruise on Constellation in November the food in the dining room was wonderful but when we went on Millienium in Sept. the food was just awlful. So every cruise could be different but I expect great food on this new ship as all of the best are put on the new ships and that goes for all the staff.
If you don't like it too fancy, don't go to Muranos as it is French service. Tuscan Grille is the most like Portafinos so you might like going there. We eat in the specialty restaurants because we like to not because we have to. While on Constellation we ate in the specialty restaurants 5 times and once in the buffet, twice at Bistro on five even though the food in the dining room was fine. This was a 14 night cruise so we really enjoyed ourselves. There are also some new restaurants on this ship that we want to try.

Pat

mjwcruising
February 9th, 2011, 10:36 AM
To any one who is staying in Aqua Class: There is no need to go to speciality restaurants. The service and Cuisine in blu is like a specialty dining room. Blu alone is why people book Aqua Class.

Although our designated dining room was Blu we tried each of the specialty restaurants while on the Equonix last february and found Silk Harvest to be our favorite. Silk harvest will not be on the Silhouette; they are replacing it with Quisine.
We will be in Aqua class in November and will probably eat in Quisine just to try it and eat in Blu all the other nights.

Blu only serves breakfast and dinner (no lunch). We had lunch in the MD and the food and service was great.

On port days the main dining room isn't open for lunch so you need to dine elsewhere. The way they have the buffet set up is in stations. It really keeps down any lines. We thought the stations were a great idea.
We thoroughly enjoyed Bistro on Five for a port day lunch. Food is yummy and service was outstanding. We go there not because we don't enjoy the buffet but because we enjoy the different options available. Bistro on Five charges $5.00 per person.

Host Corkey
February 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I loved the buffet when we were on the Infinity - lots of great choices - plus the grill by the pool where they actually cook your burger to your preference - nachos, hotdogs, all the good junk food I love!! our guys loved the minute steaks and would get their buns from the deli at one of the buffet stations and then make the grill guys put it in those sub buns -

anyway, Patty, it was just that ONE escargot dish that I did not care for at the specialty restuarant - I think they had a regular escargot appetizer at the MDR and it was like RCCL's - I'll have to ask Narce, he'll remember -

The food is good - delicious... but it was just "ME" - not feel like having this or that-- so I ordered from the EVERYDAY list of the menu about 3 times out of the 10 days of our cruise - we did not eat at the MDR about 4 times, I ordered from the EVERYDAY part of the menu 3 times and just went with the flow the other 3 times in the MDR...

One guy had two shrimp cocktails everyday for appetizers plus whatever else they offered - and I think both of those shrimp cocktails had double shrimps after our server caught on that Ron loved them..... the service is great! loved all the waiters - except I never saw our head waiter but once -- so I don't think I should have given him the tip that was prepaid!ha!ha! I could have used my $10 for something else!! heheee!

I love love love the desserts in one of the lounges that you pass - sweets were always good - plus all the different flavor ice creams that they offer everyday... Once I wanted two scoops, cuz they normally give you one big one - he told me it's hard to put two on the cone and I told him, YOU CAN DO IT - just be careful but it can be done cuz I have been ordering it like this everyday!! and he was being very animated and trying to prove to me that it was a hard thing to do = but NOT, it worked everytime - except for ONCE when CAROL dropped one scoop on her boooobs. I know you can relate to that Pat.. so it was Carol's fault not the servers! ha!ha! carol

MikeKl
February 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM
We loved Blu on our Solstice cruise last November, we traveled with my parents so we had a table for 4 each night. We weren't at the same table every night but they tried to give us the same waiter every night. We will be in the MDR for this cruise as AQ prices are just too much for us right now, but we will be watching for price drops.

We do like fixed seating though and when we travel alone we like sitting at big tables so we can meet new people and have dinner mates for the cruise. At blu we would just get a table for 2 each night. But unless we see a price drop for AQ it won't matter anyway

beachbuddy
February 9th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I loved the buffet when we were on the Infinity - lots of great choices - plus the grill by the pool where they actually cook your burger to your preference - nachos, hotdogs, all the good junk food I love!! our guys loved the minute steaks and would get their buns from the deli at one of the buffet stations and then make the grill guys put it in those sub buns -

anyway, Patty, it was just that ONE escargot dish that I did not care for at the specialty restuarant - I think they had a regular escargot appetizer at the MDR and it was like RCCL's - I'll have to ask Narce, he'll remember -

The food is good - delicious... but it was just "ME" - not feel like having this or that-- so I ordered from the EVERYDAY list of the menu about 3 times out of the 10 days of our cruise - we did not eat at the MDR about 4 times, I ordered from the EVERYDAY part of the menu 3 times and just went with the flow the other 3 times in the MDR...

One guy had two shrimp cocktails everyday for appetizers plus whatever else they offered - and I think both of those shrimp cocktails had double shrimps after our server caught on that Ron loved them..... the service is great! loved all the waiters - except I never saw our head waiter but once -- so I don't think I should have given him the tip that was prepaid!ha!ha! I could have used my $10 for something else!! heheee!

I love love love the desserts in one of the lounges that you pass - sweets were always good - plus all the different flavor ice creams that they offer everyday... Once I wanted two scoops, cuz they normally give you one big one - he told me it's hard to put two on the cone and I told him, YOU CAN DO IT - just be careful but it can be done cuz I have been ordering it like this everyday!! and he was being very animated and trying to prove to me that it was a hard thing to do = but NOT, it worked everytime - except for ONCE when CAROL dropped one scoop on her boooobs. I know you can relate to that Pat.. so it was Carol's fault not the servers! ha!ha! carol

Pat, Carol and Mary,
I'm really not fussy about food..........as long as it's edible I will not starve. Actually, it might be good for me to starve a little. Need to lose weight anyway..........LOL I'm getting excited about this trip but i wish it were closer!

Dinner is ready........gotta go.

Patty

RodPat
February 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
We loved Blu on our Solstice cruise last November, we traveled with my parents so we had a table for 4 each night. We weren't at the same table every night but they tried to give us the same waiter every night. We will be in the MDR for this cruise as AQ prices are just too much for us right now, but we will be watching for price drops.

We do like fixed seating though and when we travel alone we like sitting at big tables so we can meet new people and have dinner mates for the cruise. At blu we would just get a table for 2 each night. But unless we see a price drop for AQ it won't matter anyway

Mike I agree that Blu is wonderful but we are traveling with alot of friends and did not want to ask everyone to spend that much extra just for Aqua. We too will be looking to see if the price drops but somehow I don't think so. We are traveling on Equinox April 22 and have booked Aqua there. Have done Solstice twice once in Aqua and once in main dining room. Had a great time both times so I guess it comes down to if you travel with friends you will have a good time anywhere.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Mike I agree that Blu is wonderful but we are traveling with alot of friends and did not want to ask everyone to spend that much extra just for Aqua. We too will be looking to see if the price drops but somehow I don't think so. We are traveling on Equinox April 22 and have booked Aqua there. Have done Solstice twice once in Aqua and once in main dining room. Had a great time both times so I guess it comes down to if you travel with friends you will have a good time anywhere.

Pat

Pat, your so right.....as long as your with friends, you'll have a good time! We had the worse service only once on the Explorer but luckily we were with a bunch of the crew here and we had a blast at dinner.........all we did was laugh! LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM

Carol Did you ever eat some of those yummy candies they have by the ice cream. Some of the people in our group on Constellation would get a whole bowl of candy to eat when they played cards in the afternoon.
I have spilt lots of food on me but never a whole scoop of ice cream. Hope you were able to save enough to eat.:D

Pat

firedog001
February 9th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say we just made reservations at Holiday Inn Express for the pre cruise meet & mingle in March. We also made reservations for Atlantic City on Sunday night. If we are traveling this far, we'd like to see Atlantic City. We have been to Vegas three times and love it. We know there is no comparison, but it will be better than just going to our casino in Pittsburgh.

Lynda

RodPat
February 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Lynda, Will see you at the restaurant at King of Prussia. Hopefully the weather will be better by the end of March. Atlantic City is one of my favorite places but it is better in the nicer weather. The casinos are nice but the boardwalk is the attraction down there. Summer is the best time there as alot of the casinos have beach bars that open for the summer. Make sure you ride south to Margate to see Lucy the Elephant. It used to be a hotel but is now a museum. Buy some salt water taffy, it is the best. Here's hoping our snowy days are over soon.

Pat

mjwcruising
February 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say we just made reservations at Holiday Inn Express for the pre cruise meet & mingle in March. We also made reservations for Atlantic City on Sunday night. If we are traveling this far, we'd like to see Atlantic City. We have been to Vegas three times and love it. We know there is no comparison, but it will be better than just going to our casino in Pittsburgh.

Lynda

When you are traveling with Celebrity it is called Connections. :D

PamKev,
Sounds like we are going to have a nice sized group.
How many are signed up for the March luncheon?

hac82
February 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Lynda
We are still hoping to be there but we have not yet made our reservations. We have three things to be concerned about. The first one is that we need to make sure that our son can watch our dog for the two nights we are there and then we have to consider that I need to appear for District Court Jury Duty on the 22nd and Sharon has to appear for Superior Court Jury Duty the 24th. If we are not selected we should be okay and plan to be there. We may have to cancel at the last minute.

If we can make it, we are planning on possibly staying at the Courtyard Devon/Wayne about 4 miles away or at the Courtyard King of Prussia. I stayed at the Devon facility a few years ago when I attended a class in Newtown Square and really liked it there.

We really hope it works out. It will be great to see all of you again and to meet those we have not sailed with yet.

Host Corkey
February 10th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Pat, your so right.....as long as your with friends, you'll have a good time! We had the worse service only once on the Explorer but luckily we were with a bunch of the crew here and we had a blast at dinner.........all we did was laugh! LOL

Patty

If you are talking about you-know-who... then I can truly say his service, bad as it was, was our entertainment and we had such a good time every night - we looked forward to what kind of "situation" he would be getting into!! how soupy our orders of ice cream were - how he gave most of us the wrong orders and we would just simply correct them ourselves and start passing the plates around to the correct 'order-ers' -- ha!ha!

carol

kimba1
February 10th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Just catching up on posts for the last few days. I'm ready to leave now on the cruise!

I will bring my insulate ,ug (and hopefully not lose it this time) because I love my big 24 oz. Dunkin donuts turbo coffee so hopefully will find somewhere to get my shot of espresso. Do they have that same Seattle's best coffee as RCC? Really don't care for it cause it's too weak but if I can get so e espresso I will be fine.

Dinner with friends is a lot of fun and we are really looking forward to the laughs. I want to sit by Narce so we can chow on the escargot like last cruise. Is it November yet? Hope to join the March lunch I think Alex's golf schedule is out so we need to check. What was the date again?

Host Corkey
February 10th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Carol Did you ever eat some of those yummy candies they have by the ice cream. Some of the people in our group on Constellation would get a whole bowl of candy to eat when they played cards in the afternoon.
I have spilt lots of food on me but never a whole scoop of ice cream. Hope you were able to save enough to eat.:D

Pat

Never saw them - maybe they were not on our ship - cuz Narce or Susana would have noticed them - and Yes, I dropped the scoop on a napkin and I was able to put it back on the top of my other scoop of ice cream and continued to pig out!! Today we went out to dinner with my classmate friends -japanese restaurant and I got a smidgen of soy sauce on my chest!! however, I did not drop any food from my chop stix so I did pretty darn good -- I gave a gift to two of the gals as we sat down cuz they also ask for forks - they cannot manuever chop sticks - I gave them those chopsticks that have the joint doo-dad on the top so you can just pinch the food and they automatically grip = they laffed, but hey! they were able to eat "properly" using those special stix!! Everyone laffed when I said, 'watch this' and gave Gayle & Donna those things!!

carol

pamkev
February 10th, 2011, 05:53 AM
I'm with everyone here Spring can't get here fast enough although last year at this time is when we got 16 inches of snow and 2 days later got another 18 inches or so

This is who I have signed up for our luncheon so far
Pat&Rod
Howard&Sharon
Mary&John
Marty&Lynda
Pam&Kevin

I hope to see as many new friends as we can:)

pamkev
February 10th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I have arranged for a tour in Antigua with Gordon who comes highly recommended on the boards if anyone cares to join us I have room for 4 more people Here is the link to the tour I am thinking of maybe only doing the half day tour also so let me know if you would like to join us

http://www.tourguidegordon.com/BestofParadiseIslandTour20092010.htm

firedog001
February 10th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Lynda, Will see you at the restaurant at King of Prussia. Hopefully the weather will be better by the end of March. Atlantic City is one of my favorite places but it is better in the nicer weather. The casinos are nice but the boardwalk is the attraction down there. Summer is the best time there as alot of the casinos have beach bars that open for the summer. Make sure you ride south to Margate to see Lucy the Elephant. It used to be a hotel but is now a museum. Buy some salt water taffy, it is the best. Here's hoping our snowy days are over soon.

Pat

Pat: Thanks for the suggestions. As i said, we have never visited AC, just Vegas. I'm trying to look for a show to go to. Any info from anyone will be appreciated.
Lynda

firedog001
February 10th, 2011, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=mjwcruising;27879569]When you are traveling with Celebrity it is called Connections. :D

Funny, i actually had to sit and think what i wanted to call our luncheon. Stand corrected, i'm used to RCCL, anyway, we are happy to be meeting new friends. Can't wait.

Lynda

RodPat
February 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm with everyone here Spring can't get here fast enough although last year at this time is when we got 16 inches of snow and 2 days later got another 18 inches or so

This is who I have signed up for our luncheon so far
Pat&Rod
Howard&Sharon
Mary&John
Marty&Lynda
Pam&Kevin

I hope to see as many new friends as we can:)

It is going in the 50's next week. Spring can't be far behind. Pray for no snow on March 8. that is when we fly to Aruba and Continental was nice enough to give us first class free. On the way home they said to check at the airport to see if there were any upgrades available but did not want to wait until then so we have first class on the way home for $185 a seat which I paid. Rod's company paid for the tickets so I felt this was a good deal. It is a 5 hour flight so a bigger seat with more leg room would be better.

Where are the NJ group? I know Pam planned this so that it was not in vacation season. Alex, golf season for you is all the time so sorry no planning around you.:D I know for Rod and I it is only 1 hour and 10 mins. for us to get there. Quick to get there on the PA pike. Less than 30 mins on the pike.

Pat

RodPat
February 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Pat: Thanks for the suggestions. As i said, we have never visited AC, just Vegas. I'm trying to look for a show to go to. Any info from anyone will be appreciated.
Lynda

I will be in AC on Friday night. I will see what I can find out for you. Do you know where you are staying?

Pat

firedog001
February 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I will be in AC on Friday night. I will see what I can find out for you. Do you know where you are staying?

Pat

Pat
We are staying at the Tropicana.

firedog001
February 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I am thinking of maybe only doing the half day tour also so let me know if you would like to join us

First time for this island, if you are doing the half day tour, we would like to join you.

Lynda

mjwcruising
February 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I have arranged for a tour in Antigua with Gordon who comes highly recommended on the boards if anyone cares to join us I have room for 4 more people Here is the link to the tour I am thinking of maybe only doing the half day tour also so let me know if you would like to join us

The "Best of Paradis tour" is listed as 5.5 to 6.5 hours.
It sounds like something we might want to do.
Which tour is the half day tour? Is it the same tour, but no beach time?

mjwcruising
February 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
[quote=mjwcruising;27879569]When you are traveling with Celebrity it is called Connections. :D

Funny, i actually had to sit and think what i wanted to call our luncheon. Stand corrected, i'm used to RCCL, anyway, we are happy to be meeting new friends. Can't wait.

Lynda

I always enjoy talking to other cruisers.
As a Celebrity cruiser, I was just joking around with a RCCL cruiser.
We are looking forward to the luncheon.

Mary

pamkev
February 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
This is the half day tour

http://www.tourguidegordon.com/halfdayislandtour.htm

Host Corkey
February 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Happy Valentines Day Everyone!! kiss kiss kiss!!

carol

RodPat
February 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Happy Valentines Day to all. Kisses back at you Carol.
I see Pam has posted a tour in Dominica. I am not going but I know you guys were with me in Dominica,didn't some of you go on a tour before. I went on a ship tour and I know Howard and Sharon went whale watching but I thought some of you may have toured the island before. It was not my favorite island. This was where when our bus went through town we saw the naked man waiting with everyone else to cross the street. No one seemed to care or notice. I remember he was a very tall black man holding a black garbage bag over his privates. I thought it was very funny but felt safe as we were on the small bus riding past. I couldn't stop laughing as no one else in the crowd noticed him.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 14th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Carol,

Kiss, Kiss, Kiss to you too! .....and everyone else here too!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Days like this have never been my favorite, even when I was younger. I actually hate Hallmark Days like this! LOL

Pat, the tour Pam posted was for Antiqua, not Dominica. LOL.........I don't even think our cruise is going to Dominica. We all did a tour together in Dominica..........well, sort of. Carol, Narce, Dee and John were in a separate car/van and me, Tony, Alex and Kim were in another car but we all went to the same place. Lots of laughs but I thought the climbing up from the places we visited was going to kill me!!!! I had a heel spur during that cruise!! LOL I especially thought the charge to use a filthy bathroom was crazy!! I can't remember how much it was but it was either a $1 or $2. Maybe Kim remembers. Last time in Dominica all we did was walk around the vendors near the ship and a few stores. Not my favorite island either.

Patty

RodPat
February 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Carol,

Kiss, Kiss, Kiss to you too! .....and everyone else here too!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Days like this have never been my favorite, even when I was younger. I actually hate Hallmark Days like this! LOL

Pat, the tour Pam posted was for Antiqua, not Dominica. LOL.........I don't even think our cruise is going to Dominica. We all did a tour together in Dominica..........well, sort of. Carol, Narce, Dee and John were in a separate car/van and me, Tony, Alex and Kim were in another car but we all went to the same place. Lots of laughs but I thought the climbing up from the places we visited was going to kill me!!!! I had a heel spur during that cruise!! LOL I especially thought the charge to use a filthy bathroom was crazy!! I can't remember how much it was but it was either a $1 or $2. Maybe Kim remembers. Last time in Dominica all we did was walk around the vendors near the ship and a few stores. Not my favorite island either.

Patty

Patty, Sorry my next cruise goes to Dominca but Pam is not going with me. I am staying on the ship for that day. I can't keep my cruise stops straight. I thought you guys went to the beach in Antiqua but my mind is gone. We usually just shop right off the pier in Antiqua and then swim on the ship. We stayed there for a week a number of years ago and saw most of the island then.
Carol won't think she is the nuttiest one here anymore because I am lately just a big nut.:D

Pat

beachbuddy
February 14th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Patty, Sorry my next cruise goes to Dominca but Pam is not going with me. I am staying on the ship for that day. I can't keep my cruise stops straight. I thought you guys went to the beach in Antiqua but my mind is gone. We usually just shop right off the pier in Antiqua and then swim on the ship. We stayed there for a week a number of years ago and saw most of the island then.
Carol won't think she is the nuttiest one here anymore because I am lately just a big nut.:D

Pat

LOL........Pat, your so funny! We love big nuts!!!! ....So....you are loved!!! We did go to the beach in Antiqua. We went with Dee and John the 2nd time we were there. First time we went on our own. Love their beaches..........so pretty! I know people that did the Eli Eco tour there........Eli now has 4 different tours and boats. His tours are pricey but I heard they're pretty nice and involve some snorkeling as well. I think food and drinks too. I might look into it and see what he has to offer........if we don't do a tour, we'll be hitting a beach again!

Patty

mjwcruising
February 14th, 2011, 09:59 PM
LOL........Pat, your so funny! We love big nuts!!!! ....So....you are loved!!! We did go to the beach in Antiqua. We went with Dee and John the 2nd time we were there. First time we went on our own. Love their beaches..........so pretty! I know people that did the Eli Eco tour there........Eli now has 4 different tours and boats. His tours are pricey but I heard they're pretty nice and involve some snorkeling as well. I think food and drinks too. I might look into it and see what he has to offer........if we don't do a tour, we'll be hitting a beach again!

Patty

I was reading Antigua has beautiful beaches.

If we were to pick only one port on this cruise to go to a beach (other than Labadee) which port do you think would be the best? Which would be 2nd best?

Mary

kimba1
February 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM

Patty

You guys are too funny. I'm reading some of these posts to Alex and we are cracking up. Patty - the toilets were $1. We golfed last time in Antigua. It was like a dirt course with barely any grass and goats everywhere like how we have geese in NJ. Would like to check out a beach this time (unless we get a detour to Dominica - lol!)

Happy Valentine's Day!

beachbuddy
February 14th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I was reading Antigua has beautiful beaches.

If we were to pick only one port on this cruise to go to a beach (other than Labadee) which port do you think would be the best? Which would be 2nd best?

Mary

Hmmm, that's a tough one. Antiqua probably has hundreds of beaches. Nice calm water too so I do like it there. But I have to be honest, I love St. Thomas beaches and also St. Maarten too but I'm not a fan of Orient Beach. Went there once and the water was so rough that day that I didn't even go in.......I mean BIG waves!!! My husband went in and came out full of sand because the waves were kicking the sand up and knocking him down. I don't know if it was an unusual day or not but we never went back there. I see enough waves at the Jersey shore!!! LOL Last 2 times we were there we went to Divi Little Bay Beach. It's just a short taxi ride from the port............went there early and then went back to town and shopped (liquor shopping.....LOL). Last time at Divi Little Bay, the outside bar was gone and place to eat was gone too - think a storm got it so don't know if they rebuilt anything yet. In St. Thomas we've been to Sapphire Beach and Coki Beach. Coki is fun for snorkeling but they really need to clean the area up. Little crappy shacks on the beach and just awful bathrooms........I walked in and walked right out!!!! The water at Coki is nice but honestly, I think it's kind of scarry there.........LOL Last time in St. Thomas we went with Dee and John to a Best Western. Very nice beach there......nice restaurants and nice area to get something to eat and drink. No charge to get in - just had to pay for chair rentals. Hope this helps you some.

Patty

beachbuddy
February 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM
You guys are too funny. I'm reading some of these posts to Alex and we are cracking up. Patty - the toilets were $1. We golfed last time in Antigua. It was like a dirt course with barely any grass and goats everywhere like how we have geese in NJ. Would like to check out a beach this time (unless we get a detour to Dominica - lol!)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kim, I thought you guys went golfing there! LOL Don't remember you telling me about the goats everywhere. OMG, last time in Antiqua, the tide must have gone out some and when I went to get out of the water there was a big hill. Well, the gentle rolling of the water made me fall because my feet kept sinking in the sand on the hill as I was trying to get up the hill. Tony was trying to pick/pull me up but I kept going back and forth with the water. Problem is I was laughing so hard that I really couldn't get up and I was so embarrassed. The more I laughed the worse it was. And my dear friend John stood there saying "a little more, your almost out......a few more waves will do it" or something like that and Dee was cracking up too. If I could of stopped laughing I'm sure I could have stood up and got out but NO........there I was rolling back and forth and laughing like a fool.......LOL

beachbuddy
February 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mary, forgot to mention that I have not been to St. Croix so can't tell you about that island. Actually we were there for a few hours but it was in the evening. The ship was doing a refueling drill so it was an unexpected stop and it was already dark out. We were allowed off the ship and told to only walk a few blocks into town because the people were putting on a street fair for us........they had dancers in the streets and vendors set up. So we really didnt' see anything there because it was late at night, plus we were only allowed to walk the 2 blocks........LOL

Patty

beachlovergirl
February 15th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hmmm, that's a tough one. Antiqua probably has hundreds of beaches. Nice calm water too so I do like it there. But I have to be honest, I love St. Thomas beaches and also St. Maarten too but I'm not a fan of Orient Beach. Went there once and the water was so rough that day that I didn't even go in.......I mean BIG waves!!! My husband went in and came out full of sand because the waves were kicking the sand up and knocking him down. I don't know if it was an unusual day or not but we never went back there. I see enough waves at the Jersey shore!!! LOL Last 2 times we were there we went to Divi Little Bay Beach. It's just a short taxi ride from the port............went there early and then went back to town and shopped (liquor shopping.....LOL). Last time at Divi Little Bay, the outside bar was gone and place to eat was gone too - think a storm got it so don't know if they rebuilt anything yet. In St. Thomas we've been to Sapphire Beach and Coki Beach. Coki is fun for snorkeling but they really need to clean the area up. Little crappy shacks on the beach and just awful bathrooms........I walked in and walked right out!!!! The water at Coki is nice but honestly, I think it's kind of scarry there.........LOL Last time in St. Thomas we went with Dee and John to a Best Western. Very nice beach there......nice restaurants and nice area to get something to eat and drink. No charge to get in - just had to pay for chair rentals. Hope this helps you some.

Patty

Patty, we went back to Divi Little Bay in St. Maarten with our friends during our November Liberty cruise. Still haven't rebuilt the bar on the beach. We walked over to the main resort and had lunch and a few drinks on the patio overlooking the beach and pool.

In St. Thomas the Best Western is on Emerald Beach.....my favorite beach on St. Thomas. Although its not good for snorkeling......Sapphire or Coki would be a better choice.

Dee

beachlovergirl
February 15th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Kim, I thought you guys went golfing there! LOL Don't remember you telling me about the goats everywhere. OMG, last time in Antiqua, the tide must have gone out some and when I went to get out of the water there was a big hill. Well, the gentle rolling of the water made me fall because my feet kept sinking in the sand on the hill as I was trying to get up the hill. Tony was trying to pick/pull me up but I kept going back and forth with the water. Problem is I was laughing so hard that I really couldn't get up and I was so embarrassed. The more I laughed the worse it was. And my dear friend John stood there saying "a little more, your almost out......a few more waves will do it" or something like that and Dee was cracking up too. If I could of stopped laughing I'm sure I could have stood up and got out but NO........there I was rolling back and forth and laughing like a fool.......LOL

OMG Patty that was so funny. Tony, John and I were laughing so hard we couldn't even help you up! That was Runaway Bay.....isn't that the beach where they ran out of lounge chairs?? lol We spent most of the day in the water......it was gorgeous!

Dee

beachbuddy
February 15th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Patty, we went back to Divi Little Bay in St. Maarten with our friends during our November Liberty cruise. Still haven't rebuilt the bar on the beach. We walked over to the main resort and had lunch and a few drinks on the patio overlooking the beach and pool.

In St. Thomas the Best Western is on Emerald Beach.....my favorite beach on St. Thomas. Although its not good for snorkeling......Sapphire or Coki would be a better choice.

Dee

Dee, That's good to know that the main resort has something. I don't remember them having anything last time we were there. I liked the round bar they used to have right on the beach.

Yes, Emerald Beach is very nice........I really liked it there. We never snorkeled at Sapphire so don't know how the snorkeling is there but snorkeling is fun at Coki, but don't think I'd go there alone.......would only go with other people. I'm kind of worried about leaving my stuff on the beach while we're in the water but I do like to go there for the snorkeling.

Patty

beachbuddy
February 15th, 2011, 07:13 AM
OMG Patty that was so funny. Tony, John and I were laughing so hard we couldn't even help you up! That was Runaway Bay.....isn't that the beach where they ran out of lounge chairs?? lol We spent most of the day in the water......it was gorgeous!

Dee

LOL.............yeah, very funny! LOL That water was gorgeous and yes we were in it most of the day. The beach was very crowded that day and yep, we had to wait for them to deliver more chairs!!! When we were there another time it wasn't as crowded.

Patty

tomhiker
February 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi
We are from the Philadelphia area, Abington, and will be driving up to Cape Liberty for the cruise. We will park at the ship. We did this before and paid $15 per day. Anyone interested in going along with us and sharing expenses? We are late 50's with 10 cruises and this will be the first on Celebrity. Looking forward to a great cruise.:)

beachbuddy
February 15th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hi
We are from the Philadelphia area, Abington, and will be driving up to Cape Liberty for the cruise. We will park at the ship. We did this before and paid $15 per day. Anyone interested in going along with us and sharing expenses? We are late 50's with 10 cruises and this will be the first on Celebrity. Looking forward to a great cruise.:)

Hi Tomhiker,

Welcome to the thread. There's a crazy bunch here, very talkative and very friendly so join right in. Can you tell us your names? Someone is keeping a list......I think it's Pat (RodPat).

I'm Patty and my hubby is Tony. We've cruised quite a bit but only on RCCL ships so this is our first Celebrity cruise as well. I believe parking is $19/day at Cape Liberty. I think it's a big ripoff......LOL When one of our kids are available we just have one of them drop us off and pick us up - we're not that far from the port but if it's a work day then no one is available and we have to pay the piper! LOL

Patty

beachbuddy
February 15th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Just curious........is anyone buying Celebrity's drink package?? They have a few different ones. Pretty sure they're not worth it for us but wanted some other opinions.

Well, to tired to even stay up to watch the news tonight so chat manana!!

Patty

mjwcruising
February 15th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hi

Since you're from the Phia area your should meet up with us for lunch at Maggiano's in King of Prussian on Sat March 26th. Pamkev is setting it up.

RodPat
February 15th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Hi

Welcome Tom, Yes somehow I made the mistake of making a list and now I seem to be it. Please tell me your names and I will add you guys to the list. I don't know where Pam is but please come to our pre cruise luncheon. It is at Maggiano's restaurant at the King of Prussia mall,March 26. I will try to get Pam to post on here again. She usually is not this quiet so I think she may be away.

Pat

RodPat
February 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Just curious........is anyone buying Celebrity's drink package?? They have a few different ones. Pretty sure they're not worth it for us but wanted some other opinions.

Well, to tired to even stay up to watch the news tonight so chat manana!!

Patty

Patty, We don't buy the packages because I don't drink that much during the day and usually have wine with dinner and maybe 2 glasses of Grey Goose at the Martini bar. It doesn't work for Rod because his cognac costs more than they allow on the package, so for us it is not worth it. I think the beer package may be good if someone drinks more than 6 beers aday. Port days most people will not drink that much during the day and how much can one drink in the evening. 2 glasses of Goose and I am ready for bed.;)

Pat

pamkev
February 16th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Welcome Tom, Yes somehow I made the mistake of making a list and now I seem to be it. Please tell me your names and I will add you guys to the list. I don't know where Pam is but please come to our pre cruise luncheon. It is at Maggiano's restaurant at the King of Prussia mall,March 26. I will try to get Pam to post on here again. She usually is not this quiet so I think she may be away.

Pat

I'm here just not feeling the greatest:(

pamkev
February 16th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Hi

Welcome to the cruise as as other had said we would love to meet you for our luncheon on March 26 just email me a pkweier at comcast dot net

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Patty, We don't buy the packages because I don't drink that much during the day and usually have wine with dinner and maybe 2 glasses of Grey Goose at the Martini bar. It doesn't work for Rod because his cognac costs more than they allow on the package, so for us it is not worth it. I think the beer package may be good if someone drinks more than 6 beers aday. Port days most people will not drink that much during the day and how much can one drink in the evening. 2 glasses of Goose and I am ready for bed.;)

Pat

Pat,

That's what I was thinking. We really don't drink a lot - I think if I had that premium package I'd be drinking just to get my moneys worth even though I wouldn't even want a drink.......LOL I'd be walking around in a stuper all day....LOL Your right, on port days we're off the ship and honestly, even when we're on the ship at the pool, I just don't drink much anymore - can't really drink much in the sun. First few cruises we took we were always ordering drinks at the pool but the novelty wore off. I mean if I feel like having an umbrella drink I will, but lately its been rare.

Then it's Michaels before dinner for cocktails and then dinner (if I drink there it's wine and Tony is not a wine person so it would last me a long time...LOL) so if I drink I guess it would be 1 or 2 in the evening. Tony hasn't been drinking much lately either.....last cruise he only had a couple umbrella drinks and he drank beer now and then. I don't need fancy water so I figure the only other liquid I would be buying is coffee and/or water once we run out of the water we bring onboard.

Patty

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM

Pat

I drink Goose too, what do you drink it with? Tonic?? Club Soda?? Cranberry?? Pomagranite? on the rocks???

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I'm here just not feeling the greatest:(

Pam, hope you feel better soon. All 3 in my office are sick, 2 staff and my boss so there's only 2 of us that feel okay. However, right now I woke up sneezing and coughing so hope I'm not getting what they have!!!

Patty

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the cruise as as other had said we would love to meet you for our luncheon on March 26 just email me a pkweier at comcast dot net

Pam, I was waiting to see if we could attend before telling you that we'd be coming. I had forgotten the date until you just reposted it.

We won't be able to make it. We have a park model that we leave at a campground and I'm sure that's going to be clean up weekend where we can go on Saturday and clean the site up of leaves. If we do that we don't have to bag them - we just pile them up by the road and they come pick them up. They always have clean up weekend the weekend before Apil 1st because payment for the season is due by Apil 1st so there's a purpose to the date they pick. We haven't gotten a letter yet confirming that date but I'm sure that's when it's going to be. I'll let you know if anything changes.

I usually go with Tony to do this but last year our son went with him and I got to stay home...........LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Patty, For me Grey Goose goes best on the rocks, but two is my limit. When I was young I could go for 5 over an evening but life catches up to you and now sometimes one is enough.:D

If your son goes with Tony this year, Rod and I could pick you up for the luncheon. We don't even have to have a GPS:) for this one as we meet Pam there all the time. Let me know even if it is last minite. Lunch has to be more fun than raking leaves.;)

Pat

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Patty, For me Grey Goose goes best on the rocks, but two is my limit. When I was young I could go for 5 over an evening but life catches up to you and now sometimes one is enough.:D

If your son goes with Tony this year, Rod and I could pick you up for the luncheon. We don't even have to have a GPS:) for this one as we meet Pam there all the time. Let me know even if it is last minite. Lunch has to be more fun than raking leaves.;)

Pat

Pat,

Thanks so much for the offer. I do remember that trip with the GPS..........that lady just kept sending us in circles!!! I think she took us on the scenic route....LOL RECALCULATING............... LOL

I was so looking forward to some nice weather this weekend but now it's going to be cold again!!

Can we all cruise next week??? LOL;):D;)

beachbuddy
February 16th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Pat,

Never had goose on the rocks.....usually with tonic and lime or pomagranite or cranbury with a little cointreau. I might have to try it on the rocks.

Patty

kimba1
February 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM

Dee

I remember you telling us about this. I would have been laughing so hard I would not have been able to help.

kimba1
February 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Pat

We did the math and found that we would most likely want the premium package and it would be break-even cost based on our historical trends for liquor purchase on prior cruises. For those who don't know me - I'm an accountant and have all kinds of charts of our spending trends from prior cruises with avg liquor spend per day, etc. Day 4 is always our lightest drinking day for some reason. Lol!

kimba1
February 17th, 2011, 09:56 PM
I have to check Alex's golf schedule for the 26 th. I would like to come so if he is golfing and you want to go Patty - I could swing by and pick you up too. That's if you get a reprieve from leaf duty!

I'm ready to go cruising now. The snow is not melting fast enough for me. We still have over a foot in our front yard. Good news though - no jacket today. I had a suit jacket on and took off my spring jacket at lunch. Wahoo!

beachbuddy
February 17th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I have to check Alex's golf schedule for the 26 th. I would like to come so if he is golfing and you want to go Patty - I could swing by and pick you up too. That's if you get a reprieve from leaf duty!

I'm ready to go cruising now. The snow is not melting fast enough for me. We still have over a foot in our front yard. Good news though - no jacket today. I had a suit jacket on and took off my spring jacket at lunch. Wahoo!

I'm with you............I wanna cruise NOW!!!! I really need to get away!!!!!

We didn't get our bill yet from the campground but it should be coming soon and that's when they let us know when clean up weekend is. It's usually the weekend before April 1st so that's why I think it's going to be that weekend, but ya never know what they'll do.

Patty

pamkev
February 18th, 2011, 05:36 AM

It sounds like a great plan to me if the hubby's can't come along and just think of all the shopping you could do

Pam

beachbuddy
February 18th, 2011, 07:01 AM
It sounds like a great plan to me if the hubby's can't come along and just think of all the shopping you could do

Pam

Pam, actually I have never been to KOP mall.........is it a big mall?

All you east coasters, enjoy the weather today!!! Sure wish I could take off today and work tomorrow instead!!! LOL

Patty

hac82
February 18th, 2011, 08:41 AM

All you east coasters, enjoy the weather today!!! Sure wish I could take off today and work tomorrow instead!!! LOL

Patty
I have been there a couple of times when I had some tech classes in Philly. Yes it is big.

Oh and if we can make it (as long as Sharon is not on a jury that prevents her from leaving the state), then you can be assured that after driving 6 hours to get there, we may walk the mall for exercise, but I am definitely not shopping (of course Sharon may have other ideas:rolleyes:). :D

Last time I was there, the Plaza (the larger section) and the Court were separate complexes in the same parking lot. Have they connected the two to each other or is it still a walk across the lot?

Mall Info (http://www.kingofprussiamall.com/visit.php)

beachbuddy
February 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
ALEX............WHERE ARE YOU???? Your slipping so I'll do your job this time!!!! LOL

TODAY IS 9 MONTHS TILL OUR CRUISE!!!!!! JUST THINK...........WE'LL BE ON THE SHIP 9 MONTHS FROM TODAY!!!!

SO........TIME SHOULD GO FAST.......IT'S KIND OF LIKE BEING PREGNANT!!!! ;):D 9 SHORT MONTHS!!! LOL:rolleyes: Well, hope they're short!!

Patty

bagsybarlow
February 19th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Everyone,
It is ages since I was on here. Pat no I wasn't bored by the snow conversations, just simply haven't had time and we have had no landline phone norm broadband for several days because some thieving toerags broke into the exchange and stole all the copper cables and did damage to the equipment. Thankfully we were reconnected last night. It don't help being in a poor reception area for receiving a signal for mobile phones so we were a bit out on a limb.

Hope everyone is well and it won't be too long now before we all have some warmer weather - can't wait.

Number 2 grandson is arriving from Canada on Monday so looking forward to seeing him, he is only here for a week and he has a very full diary.

Take care everyone.
Betty

Host Corkey
February 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hi Bagsy:

always good to hear from you -
Yay!! only 9 more months! can't wait -
It's cold here =burrrrr - turned on the heater just now - been raining like crazy too -

carol

kimba1
February 19th, 2011, 06:06 PM
ALEX............WHERE ARE YOU???? Your slipping so I'll do your job this time!!!! LOL

TODAY IS 9 MONTHS TILL OUR CRUISE!!!!!! JUST THINK...........WE'LL BE ON THE SHIP 9 MONTHS FROM TODAY!!!!

SO........TIME SHOULD GO FAST.......IT'S KIND OF LIKE BEING PREGNANT!!!! ;):D 9 SHORT MONTHS!!! LOL:rolleyes: Well, hope they're short!!

Patty

Patty - Just told Alex about your post and he's says congratulations on your pregnancy! Does this mean you are not cruising. Lol!

kimba1
February 19th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Patty

KOP is huge. Biggest mall I've ever been too and I live near Paramus NJ which has the most malls per capita (or something like that).

Howard - I believe they are connected now I don't remember walking across a parking lot. One part of the mall is all high end designer stuff and the other section is normal stores. Drove 3 hours each way one Saturday to take my daughter there bc she loves to shop.

beachbuddy
February 19th, 2011, 06:48 PM
KOP is huge. Biggest mall I've ever been too and I live near Paramus NJ which has the most malls per capita (or something like that).

Howard - I believe they are connected now I don't remember walking across a parking lot. One part of the mall is all high end designer stuff and the other section is normal stores. Drove 3 hours each way one Saturday to take my daughter there bc she loves to shop.

KOP mall is 3 hours from you??? Tony just got home - he was up around where your reception was. Our grandson was in a basketball tourniment - he played 2 games and they ended up having to stay to play the championship game and they won. I couldn't go because the first game was at 10 am and I had an appointment that I couldn't cancel.

beachbuddy
February 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Patty - Just told Alex about your post and he's says congratulations on your pregnancy! Does this mean you are not cruising. Lol!

NONONONONONO..............NOT PREGNANT!!!!!!!! OMG..........PLEASE!!!!!!!

Alex, see how rumors get started!!!! Next time, do your job!!!! Your our day counter!!!! LOL :D

beachbuddy
February 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hi Betty,

Nice to see you posting again........we missed you. Enjoy your #2 grandson......sounds like your going to have a busy schedule.

It is so darn windy here today. I'm ready for some nice weather.

Patty

RodPat
February 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Betty, So glad that you are back on line. I see you will be busy with your grandson. I understand how you miss family. I have two grandsons 600 miles away and one about 50 miles away. Don't get to see them as often as I would like. Enjoy your time with your grandson.

Pat

RodPat
February 19th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Kim, I don't know how you go to get to the King of Prussia mall but I just mapquested Wayne to King of Prussia and it said it was 2 hours and 6 mins. about 103.9 miles. You are right that it is the biggest mall I have ever seen. You do have to walk outside to get to one side of the mall to the other but it is a covered walkway with a crossing guard. We don't shop there much when we eat lunch there because it cost me too much. Rod loves the watch store there. :)

Pat

Host Corkey
February 19th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Patty is preggers ? giving birth to the Silhouette?

ha!ha!

stay warm everyone - it's brrrrr cold here - raining like heck the past 3 days - I have the main heater on - now you can say it's really cold cuz I'm the type of can't stand the heater on - can't breathe but today, need to have it on FULL BLAST!!

carol

pamkev
February 20th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Glad to see we have one with child better them then me:D

Hope she "delivers" early so we all can enjoy the fruits of "her labor":D

Pam

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Glad to see we have one with child better them then me:D

Hope she "delivers" early so we all can enjoy the fruits of "her labor":D

Pam

LOL............OK friends, your not going to let me live this down, are you????? LOL:p:p

hac82
February 20th, 2011, 10:01 AM
LOL............OK friends, your not going to let me live this down, are you????? LOL:p:p
Of course not....after all we all intend to see the "baby" on Nov. 18th and I bet she will be a beautiful "baby" at that.:p:D

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Of course not....after all we all intend to see the "baby" on Nov. 18th and I bet she will be a beautiful "baby" at that.:p:D

I just read Tony all your posts and he asked if your giving me a "baby shower".................LOL :D:D

Just to clear this up to the people that don't know us crazy people!!! LOL

Not Preggo......that's for darn sure!!! LOL Don't need a baby shower!!!! LOL

But will be on the Silhouette on November 18th!!

Alex, this is all your fault!!! If you did your job instead of golfing in hurricane force winds I wouldn't have posted the 9 month mark!!! LOL

mjwcruising
February 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I imagine there are some people on this cruise that have been to the Caribbean several times.

I'm thinking I would like to snorkel one time while on this cruise; but just for a short amount to time; maybe an hour total. Not a whole snorkeling excursion as the other 3 people (DH and 2 friends we are traveling with will not be joining me snorkeling.

Is the snorkeling any good in Labadee or should I plan on snorkeling in one of the other ports of call?
If it is good in Labadee, where is the best area? Do they rent equipment. How far out do you have to swim.
I went snorkeling at Coco Cay last april and was disappointed in how few fish there were.

I can snorkel in Antigua while the others are at the beach bar; but if the snorkeling is just as good in Labadee I think I'll do it there.

hac82
February 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Well if we have a baby shower, the cake is ready...
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/shipcake.jpg

Host Corkey
February 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
wow! what a cool cake - now I want a slice!!
if Patty has a real boy instead of a ship - she can name him HAROLD!!! heehee...

I wish I could snorkel - I can't even swim ..

carol

hac82
February 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
wow! what a cool cake - now I want a slice!!
if Patty has a real boy instead of a ship - she can name him HAROLD!!! heehee...

carol
This has been used on another thread that I post on (Carol I think you know which one and for who it has been used).... Well, I think that post just earned you a.....
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/thaha.gif
Patty, don't you even think about it.:p:D

mjwcruising
February 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM

carol

They give (rent) you a vest you can pump air into to help you remain bouyant.:)

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Well if we have a baby shower, the cake is ready...
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/shipcake.jpg

OMG............I'm sitting here LMAO. I showed Tony and all he said was "see what you started!"...........LOL

If you don't stop it I'm gonna start calling you Harold again!!!! LOL:p:p

Patty

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
This has been used on another thread that I post on (Carol I think you know which one and for who it has been used).... Well, I think that post just earned you a.....
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x256/hac82/thaha.gif
Patty, don't you even think about it.:p:D

LOL......

Carol, you well deserved that beating!! LOL

Behave...........

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I imagine there are some people on this cruise that have been to the Caribbean several times.

I'm thinking I would like to snorkel one time while on this cruise; but just for a short amount to time; maybe an hour total. Not a whole snorkeling excursion as the other 3 people (DH and 2 friends we are traveling with will not be joining me snorkeling.

Is the snorkeling any good in Labadee or should I plan on snorkeling in one of the other ports of call?
If it is good in Labadee, where is the best area? Do they rent equipment. How far out do you have to swim.
I went snorkeling at Coco Cay last april and was disappointed in how few fish there were.

I can snorkel in Antigua while the others are at the beach bar; but if the snorkeling is just as good in Labadee I think I'll do it there.

Mary,

I didn't do any snorkeling in Antiqua so I don't know how it would be off a beach. I think you'd have to do a tour because I really don't think the snorkeling would be good from a beach. Unless it's a beach where there's lots of jettys or rocks.

We have tried snorkeling a few times in Labadee, but honestly, we never had good results with snorkeling there. The water always seemed a bit cloudy I think because of the ships docking there. Actually, we find if you swim far out in Coco Cay, the snorkeling is way better there. We saw lots of different fish last time we were in Coco Cay, even a sting ray.

If you want to snorkel from a beach, I honestly think your best bet would be Coki Beach in St. Thomas. As long as your going with other people that can watch your stuff while your in the water, there was fish there the 2 times we were there and we had a lot of fun snorkeling there. However, you won't find any great beach bars there - they're shacks. All we ever had there was a bucket of beer!! (pretty cheap too!) LOL The water there is great, but the atmosphere, not so much!

We have not been to St. Croix during the day so don't know how snorkeling would be there.

Now, if your DH and friends are thinking of doing a tour in St. Thomas.........a good one to do would be take a trip to St. John's Trunk Bay to snorkel. It's a national park and there's an underwater snorkel trail. We haven't been there since 2000 or 2001 but we loved it there. There's actually signs under the water identifying the coral/growths, etc. We just snorkeled following the signs. Like I said we haven't been there in about 10 years but you could always go to the Port Boards and ask there if anyone has been there lately. St. John's is beautiful!

The other great island we snorkeled at was Grand Cayman - the water is such a gorgeous color there and crystal clear but we're not going there so that doesn't helpyou any....LOL

After our first few cruises we invested in our own snorkel gear - I got kind of bummed out renting them and wondering how good they actually disinfect them.

Patty

Host Corkey
February 20th, 2011, 05:19 PM
omg............i'm sitting here lmao. I showed tony and all he said was "see what you started!"...........lol

if you don't stop it i'm gonna start calling you harold again!!!! Lol:p:p

patty

ha! Ha! This is funny!!!

ouch -!! Carol

Host Corkey
February 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM
They give (rent) you a vest you can pump air into to help you remain bouyant.:)

thanx - didn't know that - appreciate the tip- the gang here will tell ya that "carol is full of air already" !! heehee C.

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 06:45 PM
thanx - didn't know that - appreciate the tip- the gang here will tell ya that "carol is full of air already" !! heehee C.

Carol,

We love you!!!!!!

Patty

RodPat
February 20th, 2011, 10:33 PM

Carol, Just don't get too full of air or we will have to call you "Tootie":D:D:D

Pat

beachbuddy
February 20th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Carol, Just don't get too full of air or we will have to call you "Tootie":D:D:D

Pat

Good one!!! LOL:D:D

Host Corkey
February 20th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Good one!!! LOL:D:D

tootie pee poooopie!! heehee!! c.

beachlovergirl
February 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
LOL.......all I can say is you people are out of control !!!!! ;)

Dee

mjwcruising
February 21st, 2011, 12:13 PM
LOL.......all I can say is you people are out of control !!!!! ;)

Dee

my thoughts exactly!!!:eek::D:p

kimba1
February 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Glad I was able to stir the pot a bit with the "patty rumored pregnancy". Just catching up after being offline for s few days. I'm really looking forward to cruising with all of you crazy people.

Love the cake Howard - you are so creative.

Mary - I agree with Patty. St john's Trunk Bay is the best snorkeling. We were there a few years ago. I don't snorkel but the others loved it. Great paths kind of like hiking trails marked in the bay so you know what you're looking at. There are 2 ferries that go from St Thomas. One from right by the port and the other a short taxi ride away. It's the same distance for either trip but the one you drive a bit from the port and take a short ferry. The ferry from the port is a longer ferry ride. We took one out to St John's and the other back. We arranged it all on our own. Alex found all the details on the Internet as we hatebto be herded like cattle on a ship tour.

beachbuddy
February 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
my thoughts exactly!!!:eek::D:p

Mary,
I just noticed that your sailing Greece and Turkey shortly. My GF did that in Sept and she loved it!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Another GF of mine just booked Greece and Turkey too - she's going with her sister.

Patty

beachbuddy
February 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Glad I was able to stir the pot a bit with the "patty rumored pregnancy". Just catching up after being offline for s few days. I'm really looking forward to cruising with all of you crazy people.

Love the cake Howard - you are so creative.

Mary - I agree with Patty. St john's Trunk Bay is the best snorkeling. We were there a few years ago. I don't snorkel but the others loved it. Great paths kind of like hiking trails marked in the bay so you know what you're looking at. There are 2 ferries that go from St Thomas. One from right by the port and the other a short taxi ride away. It's the same distance for either trip but the one you drive a bit from the port and take a short ferry. The ferry from the port is a longer ferry ride. We took one out to St John's and the other back. We arranged it all on our own. Alex found all the details on the Internet as we hatebto be herded like cattle on a ship tour.

Mary,
We did ours on a ship tour because we did it on our very first cruise before we felt comfortable venturing out on our own. I really wanted to spend more time there but because we were on a tour we couldn't.....

Patty

mjwcruising
February 21st, 2011, 10:42 PM
Mary,
I just noticed that your sailing Greece and Turkey shortly. My GF did that in Sept and she loved it!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Another GF of mine just booked Greece and Turkey too - she's going with her sister.

Patty

Yes, only 77 days till the Med cruisetour. We are so ready!! I have never been to any of the Places we are going to. DH has been to about 3 of them. The cruisetour is Venice, Florence and Rome (land for 6 nights then cruise for 11 nights). On the cruise we go to Santorini, Athens, Istanbul, Ephesus, & Mykonos. I have spent alot of time planning what to do and I think we are in for a wonderful trip.

Now that that trip is planned I am hoping to have all my excursions booked for this Caribbean cruise before we leave in May. I have St Maarten and Antigua booked. I am having trouble with St. Croix. There doesn't seem to be any private tours unless you want to do the beach; and we weren't planning on doing that there.

Mary

mjwcruising
February 21st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Mary,

I didn't do any snorkeling in Antiqua so I don't know how it would be off a beach. I think you'd have to do a tour because I really don't think the snorkeling would be good from a beach. Unless it's a beach where there's lots of jettys or rocks.

I've read on the web you can snorkel 100 yds. off the beach at Long Bay Beach where there is alot of coral. I may be rethinking this whole snorkeling thing, I don't know that I want to swim out that far by myself and since I am the only one in my group that wants to do it I may just enjoy the water a little bit and then join the other three at the beach bar.

We have tried snorkeling a few times in Labadee, but honestly, we never had good results with snorkeling there. The water always seemed a bit cloudy I think because of the ships docking there. Actually, we find if you swim far out in Coco Cay, the snorkeling is way better there. We saw lots of different fish last time we were in Coco Cay, even a sting ray.

I snorkeled in Coco Cay last April in the area that was specifically designated for snorkeling. I know I swam out pretty far. There was a downed plane in the water. I just wasn't that impressed. I had only snorkeled one other time; a few years ago in Grand Cayman; so I am a novice; and expecting too much.

If you want to snorkel from a beach, I honestly think your best bet would be Coki Beach in St. Thomas. As long as your going with other people that can watch your stuff while your in the water, there was fish there the 2 times we were there and we had a lot of fun snorkeling there. However, you won't find any great beach bars there - they're shacks. All we ever had there was a bucket of beer!! (pretty cheap too!) LOL The water there is great, but the atmosphere, not so much!

We will just be going into town shopping in St Thomas. We have been to that Port 2 or 3 other times and have never had enough time to shop.

We have not been to St. Croix during the day so don't know how snorkeling would be there.

Now, if your DH and friends are thinking of doing a tour in St. Thomas.........a good one to do would be take a trip to St. John's Trunk Bay to snorkel. It's a national park and there's an underwater snorkel trail. We haven't been there since 2000 or 2001 but we loved it there. There's actually signs under the water identifying the coral/growths, etc. We just snorkeled following the signs. Like I said we haven't been there in about 10 years but you could always go to the Port Boards and ask there if anyone has been there lately. St. John's is beautiful!

We had a port of call in St Thomas last February. We took an excursion to St John. I agree, St John is a very beautiful Island. We stopped at Trunk bay and I saw the snorkel trail. I walked in the water along the shore line but it was a scenic tour and not a swim or snorkel stop.
We aren't going back to St John this time; but I hope to in the future.

The other great island we snorkeled at was Grand Cayman - the water is such a gorgeous color there and crystal clear but we're not going there so that doesn't helpyou any....LOL

I agree, Grand Cayman is Nice. We were there the first time I ever snorkeled.

After our first few cruises we invested in our own snorkel gear - I got kind of bummed out renting them and wondering how good they actually disinfect them.

Patty

Thanks for everyones input.
I am looking forward to a great cruise.
Mary

beachbuddy
February 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks for everyones input.
I am looking forward to a great cruise.
Mary

ow......your Europe trip sounds wonderful!!! My friends just spent a week in Paris prior to their cruise there.

What did you book for St. Maarten and Antiqua? We've been to these island so many times so we don't book tours anymore.......just go off on our own. The only island we have not been to is St. Croix. Someone I work with has an "X" that lives there so I'm gonna ask her if there's anything worth seeing or if we should just head to a beach..........LOL

Better go get ready for work.

Patty

beachbuddy
February 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM
What...........no postings since Feb 22nd????? Where did you all go????? LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
What...........no postings since Feb 22nd????? Where did you all go????? LOL

Patty

Patty, I am here, just got back from breakfast with friends. We go every saturday that we are home. I have been busy getting ready for our trip to Aruba. We leave a week from Tuesday. Don't have the suitcases down yet but maybe tomorrow.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 26th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Patty, I am here, just got back from breakfast with friends. We go every saturday that we are home. I have been busy getting ready for our trip to Aruba. We leave a week from Tuesday. Don't have the suitcases down yet but maybe tomorrow.

Pat

Pat,

I love Aruba, but have only been there once but it was a full day.....early a.m. till midnight and we sure made use of every minute there......LOL

We're just sitting here debating what to do.......I know Tony is itching to go to A.C. so I bet that's where we end up today! LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Pat,

I love Aruba, but have only been there once but it was a full day.....early a.m. till midnight and we sure made use of every minute there......LOL

We're just sitting here debating what to do.......I know Tony is itching to go to A.C. so I bet that's where we end up today! LOL

Patty

Patty, If you go to AC. We were down the past two weekends so that is enough for February. Have to save some money for the casinos in Aruba.:eek::D It was such a nice day that we went to the Jersey Shore outlets. Both of us got new shoes. I needed mine for the trip but Rod's was just a splurge. He couldn't resist 30% off everything in the store.

Pat

kimba1
February 26th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Things are a little quiet out here today. Patty - not sure if you headed to AC. Yes Pat I love the AC outlets too

We are preparing for our trip to San Francisco area next week. We are holding out hope that the stars will align and we will get a chance to see Carol (even if it's a quick cup of coffee). Alex is bowling today in the Monmouth County Masters. He made the cut for first round and is bowling 3 more games now. This is a good warm-up from the Nationals which he'll bowl in Reno in a little over a week.

Mary - you are 100 steps ahead of us planning for this cruise. Guess we should start thinking about what we want to do.

beachbuddy
February 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Things are a little quiet out here today. Patty - not sure if you headed to AC. Yes Pat I love the AC outlets too

We are preparing for our trip to San Francisco area next week. We are holding out hope that the stars will align and we will get a chance to see Carol (even if it's a quick cup of coffee). Alex is bowling today in the Monmouth County Masters. He made the cut for first round and is bowling 3 more games now. This is a good warm-up from the Nationals which he'll bowl in Reno in a little over a week.

Mary - you are 100 steps ahead of us planning for this cruise. Guess we should start thinking about what we want to do.

Kim,
We started out planning to go see "Unknown", then were going to go to church and then Tony wanted to go to "Arthurs" for a steak. Good thing he asked me for their phone number because he wanted to make reservations. That's when I found out that Arthur's wasn't in N.B. anymore!!!! Good thing we didn't ride out there not knowing.......LOL

So.......plans changed....LOL We went to A.C., got there just before 4 pm so we went to St. Nicholas's of Tolentine church for 4 pm mass, then to Bally's and ate at the Virginia City Buffet, gamgled some there and in Coyote Kate's, walked over to Trump Plaza, gambled a bit there. When we left there we were even......walked back to Bally's Park Place.....we both lost a little and then rode over to the Taj and I lost everything I had. Guess we should have just came home instead of going to the Taj.........LOL Oh well, we had a nice time anyway.

Don't know what we're doing today, but considering we got home around 3 am., I slept late and not moving to quick today........LOL

Patty

hac82
February 27th, 2011, 03:20 PM
We just made our reservation for the get-together at KoP. We will be staying in Devon/Wayne and as long as Sharon is not on a Jury that Friday, we will be in town around 6-7 Friday night. If she is, we will leave early Saturday and go straight to the restaurant.

The only thing that will stop us from coming will be that she is on a sequestered jury. Let's hope they do not need her.

beachbuddy
February 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM
We just made our reservation for the get-together at KoP. We will be staying in Devon/Wayne and as long as Sharon is not on a Jury that Friday, we will be in town around 6-7 Friday night. If she is, we will leave early Saturday and go straight to the restaurant.

The only thing that will stop us from coming will be that she is on a sequestered jury. Let's hope they do not need her.

Must be contagious..........I just got called for Jury Duty too!!! Not till April 4th but hoping they won't need me!!! It's going to be crazy at work between now and thru out April so boss won't be to happy if I have to go..........LOL

Patty

RodPat
February 27th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Kim,
We started out planning to go see "Unknown", then were going to go to church and then Tony wanted to go to "Arthurs" for a steak. Good thing he asked me for their phone number because he wanted to make reservations. That's when I found out that Arthur's wasn't in N.B. anymore!!!! Good thing we didn't ride out there not knowing.......LOL

So.......plans changed....LOL We went to A.C., got there just before 4 pm so we went to St. Nicholas's of Tolentine church for 4 pm mass, then to Bally's and ate at the Virginia City Buffet, gamgled some there and in Coyote Kate's, walked over to Trump Plaza, gambled a bit there. When we left there we were even......walked back to Bally's Park Place.....we both lost a little and then rode over to the Taj and I lost everything I had. Guess we should have just came home instead of going to the Taj.........LOL Oh well, we had a nice time anyway.

Don't know what we're doing today, but considering we got home around 3 am., I slept late and not moving to quick today........LOL

Patty

Patty, Our thoughts on going to AC is that the money we lose is just entertainment money for us. We are not high stakes gamblers, sometimes I push max but most time I do not. If we have a good time and just lose the money we were willing to lose then it is alright by us. Today the weather was so nice. Sunny and mild. I hope winter does not come back. You stayed quite some time, so it seems it must have been worth it. Rod had only one year where he was a big winner. That was 2001 and no big wins since.:D

Pat

RodPat
February 27th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Howard, Hope that being on a jury is not in Sharon's future. Would love to have Pam and the others meet you. Look forward to seeing you there.

Pat

beachbuddy
February 27th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Patty, Our thoughts on going to AC is that the money we lose is just entertainment money for us. We are not high stakes gamblers, sometimes I push max but most time I do not. If we have a good time and just lose the money we were willing to lose then it is alright by us. Today the weather was so nice. Sunny and mild. I hope winter does not come back. You stayed quite some time, so it seems it must have been worth it. Rod had only one year where he was a big winner. That was 2001 and no big wins since.:D

Pat

Pat,

LOL........we're certainly not high stake gamblers. Tony had $45 table comps to play with at Ballys..........$35 bonus money and $30 cash from the Taj, free parking at Ballys and the Taj, buy one buffet, get one free at Virginia City buffet...........LOL We lost all that they gave us plus what we went down with. Like you, we bring so much and limit it to that!!! So, we only lose as much as we want to lose...........well, we wanna win, but that hardly happens anymore.

The last really good year that we had was 1998!!! Seemed like the 2 of us won everytime we went there. We even went to Vegas that year and Tony won $2,500 the morning after we got there when he went down to get me coffee......he stopped and played a machine and came up with lots of money!! LOL it started on New Years Eve at Harrah's. It was a few minutes before midnight and we could see each other but couldn't leave our machines because we were both waiting to get paid out.........LOL It lasted a whole year......we were very lucky that year, but that was the last year that happened!!! LOL

Patty

pamkev
February 28th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Jury duty seemed to hit this roll call my first time and I go April 11.

Howard,
Sending great vibes no jury duty for Sharon

firedog001
February 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Good Morning everyone

Jury duty is hitting everywhere. Marty got called for March 18th. I've never been called.

By the way, you all keep talking about going to AC. Someone posted they would check on the march entertainment. Any help.

Thanks
Lynda

kimba1
February 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Good Morning everyone

Jury duty is hitting everywhere. Marty got called for March 18th. I've never been called.

By the way, you all keep talking about going to AC. Someone posted they would check on the march entertainment. Any help.

Thanks
Lynda

Lynda - found a website that may interest you with show schedules for you

http://www.atlanticcity.com/shows.htm

beachbuddy
February 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Kim,
That's a great site..........I'm saving it in my favorites.

Lynda,
Sorry, we only went to A.C. for the day and wouldn't really know what kind of entertainment there would be in all the casinos. The site Kim posted is great.......I'm sure you'll be able to find something there.

Patty

firedog001
March 1st, 2011, 06:53 AM
Kim
Thanks so much. That will definitely help. Great site.

Lynda

NanaL
March 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Hi Kim and everyone,
Thanks for the A.C. site. It is very helpful. Ed and I are going to be at the Tropicana for 3 nights in July. This will really help us find some fun things to do.
I am heading out to Ohio on Fri to visit my sister while Ed and 2 of our sons are going to the Phillies spring training in Florida. Should be fun trips.
Have a good day,
Linda

beachbuddy
March 1st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Hi Kim and everyone,
Thanks for the A.C. site. It is very helpful. Ed and I are going to be at the Tropicana for 3 nights in July. This will really help us find some fun things to do.
I am heading out to Ohio on Fri to visit my sister while Ed and 2 of our sons are going to the Phillies spring training in Florida. Should be fun trips.
Have a good day,
Linda

Linda,
Spring training should be fun for your husband and son. Our kids went a couple times and had a great time. Our daughter went again last year with some of her friends.......one of her best friends works for the Phillies and travels quite a bit with them.

Enjoy your visit with your sister.

That site that Kim posted is great........I'm saving it for future use as well....LOL

Patty

kimba1
March 1st, 2011, 10:30 PM
Glad I could help with a good AC site. Have to be honest I just googled it and got lucky. I like when that happens bc I dont have a lot of patience to poke around.

Well we are getting ready to head out to San Francisco tomorrow. We are staying in downtown SF for a few nights but doesn't look like we will get to see Carol and Narce. I'm still holding out hope that something will change in their plans but Narce may be traveling so most likely won't happen. On Saturday morning we will leave SF and head to Tahoe for 2 nights to meet our friends Jim (gowanajones) and Carolyn. Hopefully we will leave Tahoe with some $ after the casinos then Monday we head to Reno for Alex and Jim to bowl in the National Bowling tournament. It is a tradition and will be Alex's 19th straight year bowling.

We really need some time away. Work has been really stressful for both of us and we've had some challenges with our 4 college age kids between wrecking cars, my daughter's seizures and challenges with my son. We're taking my IPad - looking forward to traveling without a laptop but will NOT be working. Wahoo!

beachbuddy
March 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
Glad I could help with a good AC site. Have to be honest I just googled it and got lucky. I like when that happens bc I dont have a lot of patience to poke around.

Well we are getting ready to head out to San Francisco tomorrow. We are staying in downtown SF for a few nights but doesn't look like we will get to see Carol and Narce. I'm still holding out hope that something will change in their plans but Narce may be traveling so most likely won't happen. On Saturday morning we will leave SF and head to Tahoe for 2 nights to meet our friends Jim (gowanajones) and Carolyn. Hopefully we will leave Tahoe with some $ after the casinos then Monday we head to Reno for Alex and Jim to bowl in the National Bowling tournament. It is a tradition and will be Alex's 19th straight year bowling.

We really need some time away. Work has been really stressful for both of us and we've had some challenges with our 4 college age kids between wrecking cars, my daughter's seizures and challenges with my son. We're taking my IPad - looking forward to traveling without a laptop but will NOT be working. Wahoo!

Hey Kim, Hope you guys enjoy this great relaxing getaway!!! Tell Jim and Carolyn we said "Hello". Good Luck to Alex and Jim in the bowling tourniment!!

I've been chatting with Carol, don't know when Narce is coming home. His father is home from the hospital but they are getting him settled at home and he'll need someone to take care of him. Narce is going to start looking for flights but he's on a pass or something so it's luck of the draw.......not sure how those passes work. His father wasn't doing to good today, they doctor had to make a house visit.

Enjoy your trip!

Patty

Host Corkey
March 1st, 2011, 11:14 PM
Yes, it's been very emotional here lately - I feel bad that I am here and he is there cuz I know Narce needs me too - but we are trying our best - sorry Kim/Alex... it's not only that, but also, my bum eye is not letting me drive into the City these days with all the traffic there - will catch up with you and make it up to you -- thanx for understanding..... carol

kimba1
March 2nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
Yes, it's been very emotional here lately - I feel bad that I am here and he is there cuz I know Narce needs me too - but we are trying our best - sorry Kim/Alex... it's not only that, but also, my bum eye is not letting me drive into the City these days with all the traffic there - will catch up with you and make it up to you -- thanx for understanding..... carol

No need to "make it up to us". We completely understand just love your guys and miss you. Hugs to both you and Narce as you deal with this very emotional situation. Maybe we will have to come kidnap you. Lol!

kimba1
March 2nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Sitting in JFK airport. Our flight was supposed to be at 7 now delayed till 9. Will our budget cover the bar bill for the delay? They already ran out of Yuengling and I had to switch to Heineken Light. Oh well. It's vacation and we are not in the office. Wahoo!

RodPat
March 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Kim, Have a great trip. Just think if you drink enough beer you can sleep on the plane and arrive refreshed.:D. We never fly anywhere unless I can do it from Newark. Hate going into the city for a plane ride.

Pat

beachbuddy
March 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Sitting in JFK airport. Our flight was supposed to be at 7 now delayed till 9. Will our budget cover the bar bill for the delay? They already ran out of Yuengling and I had to switch to Heineken Light. Oh well. It's vacation and we are not in the office. Wahoo!

Kim,

Hope it takes off at 9 and isn't delayed any further!!! Have a safe trip!!

Patty

kimba1
March 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Still looks like we will get out at 9. Just saw a flight to Oakland but it's almost done boarding and with all the TSA BS we never could have made it. Our waiter is too slow and they are running out of beers I like. But Alex says I'm starting to not make sense so all is well I guess

pamkev
March 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Just a reminder that three weeks from today March 26 we will be having a cruise get together at Maggiano's at King of Prussia Mall at 2 pm. We would love to have as many as you as possible to join us. Please post here or email me a pkweier at comcast.net:)

Pam

mjwcruising
March 6th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just a reminder that three weeks from today March 26 we will be having a cruise get together at Maggiano's at King of Prussia Mall at 2 pm. We would love to have as many as you as possible to join us. Please post here or email me a pkweier at comcast.net:)

Pam

Pam,
The original time was 1:30 pm. Has it been changed to 2:00 pm? (I know the date has been changed to the last Saturday in March, but wasn't aware of the time change to 2:00 pm; I'm thinking I may have missed that post and I want to arrive at the correct time.

This was your original post on the get-together......
Hey Fellow Cruiser how about we have a get together the first Saturday in March at 1:30 pm at Maggiano's at the King of Prussia Mall. I have done this before with cruise togethers and it works out well. We will have a family style lunch which would be 28.00 per person plus tax and tip. This includes apps, salads, entrees and dessert. Please let me know how many people would be interested in coming, you can email me at pkweier at comcast dot net. Hope to see many of you there and hope we have no snow:):)

pamkev
March 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Pam,
The original time was 1:30 pm. Has it been changed to 2:00 pm? (I know the date has been changed to the last Saturday in March, but wasn't aware of the time change to 2:00 pm; I'm thinking I may have missed that post and I want to arrive at the correct time.

This was your original post on the get-together......
Hey Fellow Cruiser how about we have a get together the first Saturday in March at 1:30 pm at Maggiano's at the King of Prussia Mall. I have done this before with cruise togethers and it works out well. We will have a family style lunch which would be 28.00 per person plus tax and tip. This includes apps, salads, entrees and dessert. Please let me know how many people would be interested in coming, you can email me at pkweier at comcast dot net. Hope to see many of you there and hope we have no snow:):)

Your right it is 1:30. Don't know what I was typing:D

kimba1
March 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Your right it is 1:30. Don't know what I was typing:D

We hope to be there (Kim and Alex).

pamkev
March 7th, 2011, 05:56 AM
We hope to be there (Kim and Alex).

Great!:)

RodPat
March 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM
just wanted to say I will be back on Sunday, We Leave early tomorrow morning for Aruba. Taking my laptop with me That us a first for me. Iwill try to check in every day,

Pat

hac82
March 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
just wanted to say I will be back on Sunday, We Leave early tomorrow morning for Aruba. Taking my laptop with me That us a first for me. Iwill try to check in every day,

Pat
Have a wonderful time. Bring back some warm weather for us.

beachbuddy
March 7th, 2011, 09:52 PM

Pat

Pat,

Have a great time!!! Looking forward to your check ins............LOL

Patty

RodPat
March 8th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Well I arrived in one piece. Weather could not be better. Got up early this morning so we will go to bed soon. Hotel is very nice but the casino is not friendly. Rod sat at the blackjack table and he lost $100 real fast. I lost $50 in the casino slots. next time we play will be downtown. I can win there sometimes.

Pat

beachbuddy
March 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Well I arrived in one piece. Weather could not be better. Got up early this morning so we will go to bed soon. Hotel is very nice but the casino is not friendly. Rod sat at the blackjack table and he lost $100 real fast. I lost $50 in the casino slots. next time we play will be downtown. I can win there sometimes.

Pat

Hi Pat,
Glad you made it there okay...........get some rest so you can have fun tomorrow! Have a great time!!

Patty

beachlovergirl
March 9th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Pat, have a great time! What hotel are you staying at in Aruba?

Dee

pamkev
March 9th, 2011, 05:48 AM

Pat

Have a great time:)

RodPat
March 10th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Pat, have a great time! What hotel are you staying at in Aruba?

Dee

We are staying at the Occidental Grande. Chromate did good this year. We have an oceanfront suite in the Royal Club. We have a large living room,two tvs,two fridges,two showers in the bathroom. It will be hard to go home and live in my house in Jersey:) Got real sunburned yesterday so today is a shopping day.

Pat

pamkev
March 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
We are staying at the Occidental Grande. Chromate did good this year. We have an oceanfront suite in the Royal Club. We have a large living room,two tvs,two fridges,two showers in the bathroom. It will be hard to go home and live in my house in Jersey:) Got real sunburned yesterday so today is a shopping day.

Pat

Your missing all the fun here been raining forever it seems like, time to man the boats:D

beachlovergirl
March 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM

Pat

The suite sounds wonderful!! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Dee

beachbuddy
March 10th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Pat

Pat,

Sounds like a great room!! You have plenty of room for all of us!!! LOL:D:D Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Patty

kimba1
March 11th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Wow Pat sounds awesome. Have a great trip. If you get bored you can always go to Carlos & Charlie's and dance on the bar while the bartenders squirt unknown liquids they claim are alcohol down your throat. ;-)

RodPat
March 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wow Pat sounds awesome. Have a great trip. If you get bored you can always go to Carlos & Charlie's and dance on the bar while the bartenders squirt unknown liquids they claim are alcohol down your throat. ;-)

I don't think so. I saw what Pam (aka) Balloon Head looked like after stopping at that spot in Aruba.:D Home tomorrow so starting to wind down.

Pat

beachbuddy
March 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think so. I saw what Pam (aka) Balloon Head looked like after stopping at that spot in Aruba.:D Home tomorrow so starting to wind down.

Pat

Pat,

Have a safe trip home!!

Patty

RodPat
March 12th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Pat,

Have a safe trip home!!

Patty

thanks just keep the rain away. We had a great flight down but just once the plane shook and dropped about a thousand feet. Sure got everyones attention.

Pat

engagedonthesea
March 13th, 2011, 12:25 AM
:D

Bob and MaryEllen have booked this cruise. Our 11th Thanksgiving Cruise.

hac82
March 13th, 2011, 07:36 AM

Welcome to the thread and the cruise. I hope that you will take a little time to review what our group has posted so far. We are a very friendly group and most of us have cruised at least once with many of those on this thread.

I am Howard and my DW is Sharon. This will be our 8th cruise and our 2nd Thanksgiving cruise. It will also be our first time on Celebrity. We have sailed with at least 10 of the people you will meet on on this thread and they are a great group of people.

Please join in on the fun as we count down the days till we sail (only about 250 days left).

beachbuddy
March 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM

Hi Bob and MaryEllen,

Welcome to the thread. Howard said it all so I'm just welcoming you......LOL

I'm Patty and my husband is Tony. This is also our first time on Celebrity......we've been sailing RCCL but wanted to try Celebrity.

Like Howard said, everyone on this thread is friendly and very chatty so join right in.

Patty

pamkev
March 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM

Welcome Bob and Mary Ellen we have cruise Celebrity many times and love the idea of driving to the port and back.

We will be having a get together in your neck of the woods and would love to have you join us on March 26 at 1:30 pm at Maggianos at the King of Prussia Mall please let me know if you can join us.

Pam

engagedonthesea
March 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Bob and I would love to meet the group in K o P on March 26th.

kimba1
March 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM

Welcome Mary Ellen and Bob. I'm Kim and my DH is Alex. You will see him in here as beach buzzard. He's been pretty quiet on this thread I think partly because there's no Cruise Critic app for his IPhone. This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving cruise - our first was when we met this crazy gang. We sailed on RCCL after meeting many on this board. this will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we are hoping to meet everyone at Maggianos on the 26th.

We love sailing out of Bayonne because we live about 20 minutes from the port. Makes it easier because I never can keep the suitcases under the weight limit for the airlines. We just got back from a trip to the West coast. When we left for the airport to come home Alex said to me our suitcase is over the limit. I said - no worries I will distract them at check-in and they will accept it. Alex was right it was 62 pounds and we were shifting stuff to our carryons to avoid fees. Lol!

I will have to remind Alex to do his countdown job now that we are getting closer. Feels like we booked this so long ago. Alex just looked and our first post on the thread was 583 days before sailing! I'm ready to go now!

kimba1
March 13th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Also wanted to let you know that our friends, Jim and Carolyn, will not be cruising with us. We are disappointed but are looking forward to time with all our cruise friends!

beachbuddy
March 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Also wanted to let you know that our friends, Jim and Carolyn, will not be cruising with us. We are disappointed but are looking forward to time with all our cruise friends!

Kim,

Sorry to hear that Jim and Carolyn won't be joining us. Next time you talk to them tell them we said "Hello".

Patty

mjwcruising
March 13th, 2011, 08:46 PM

How neat: It will be your 11th cruise you have taken in the 11th month of the year 2011.:)

For DH and I on 11-11-11 we will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. We think that is very special and have been looking forward to it since I realized it when we celebrated our 25th anniversary.:)

Mary

pamkev
March 14th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Bob and I would love to meet the group in K o P on March 26th.

Great:)

RodPat
March 14th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Well, I am back and busy again. Got in late last night. Welcome to everyone new who joined this crazy group when I was away. Look forward to meeting in King of Prussia.

Kim, so sorry that your friends are not going on this cruise, I was looking forward to meeting them. Glad you and Alex are going to Maggianos.

Well off to do laundry and then bowling. Got to get those suitcases put away. Talk later.

Pat

beachbuddy
March 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Well, I am back and busy again. Got in late last night. Welcome to everyone new who joined this crazy group when I was away. Look forward to meeting in King of Prussia.

Kim, so sorry that your friends are not going on this cruise, I was looking forward to meeting them. Glad you and Alex are going to Maggianos.

Well off to do laundry and then bowling. Got to get those suitcases put away. Talk later.

Pat

Welcome home Pat!!

kimba1
March 14th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Glad you made it home safely Pat!

Has anyone talked to Carol? I reached out via email but haven't heard from her. Hope all is ok.

beachbuddy
March 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Glad you made it home safely Pat!

Has anyone talked to Carol? I reached out via email but haven't heard from her. Hope all is ok.

Everything is okay with Carol. Narce got home the morning after the earthquake. He flew home via Japan, Hawaii and then San Francisco. Thank God he was out of dodge before all that happened.

I know she was busy this weekend.....had her classmate luncheon on Saturday and then a Birthday Party on Sunday. I didn't hear from her today but I'm sure all is okay.

Patty

Host Corkey
March 15th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi Kim - thanx for worrying - I am fine and hope you got the email I sent ya - I have JET LAG too !!! ha!ha! am so far behind - had a busy weekend and vegged out yesterday and today so I can relax -

Yes, Narce got out of Japan just in TIME ! how scarey for the people of Japan - I feel so bad for what happened there.

Pat - welcome home! love Aruba!!

I am sorry to hear that Carolyn and Jim won't be joining us - they were fun and hope we will be able to meet up with them again.

carol

beachlovergirl
March 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Kim - thanx for worrying - I am fine and hope you got the email I sent ya - I have JET LAG too !!! ha!ha! am so far behind - had a busy weekend and vegged out yesterday and today so I can relax -

Yes, Narce got out of Japan just in TIME ! how scarey for the people of Japan - I feel so bad for what happened there.

Pat - welcome home! love Aruba!!

I am sorry to hear that Carolyn and Jim won't be joining us - they were fun and hope we will be able to meet up with them again.

carol

Carol,

Glad to hear Narce is home. How is his dad?

Dee

beachlovergirl
March 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM

Kim, tell Carolyn and Jim that we will miss them. They were a lot of fun!

Dee

beachlovergirl
March 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM
How neat: It will be your 11th cruise you have taken in the 11th month of the year 2011.:)

For DH and I on 11-11-11 we will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary. We think that is very special and have been looking forward to it since I realized it when we celebrated our 25th anniversary.:)

Mary

Mary,

We'll be attending my niece's wedding on 11/11/11 at The Wynn in Las Vegas.:D

Dee

beachbuddy
March 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Mary,

Dee

Dee,

Wow, when are you coming back from Vegas? The cruise is 11/18.....LOL

Patty

Host Corkey
March 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
dee: Narce's Dad is fine -he's home - using his walker around his house plus wheelchair when he wants to go out - he's hanging in there, good attitude - eating good and asking for all his favorites -

hope you win in LV during those dates!

Nov will be here before we know it!

carol

mjwcruising
March 15th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Mary,

Dee

Congratulations to you niece! I hear the Wynn is a beautiful place; and the date is neat. I imagine there will be alot of wedding that day.
We didn't realize when we married on 11-11-78 that on 11-11-11 we would celebrate our 33rd anniversary. (11+11+11=33:D).

RodPat
March 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Dee, How wonderful to go to a wedding at the Wynn. It is a beautiful place, very classy. Rod loves the shops there especially their watch shop. I saw a $5000 cel phone for sale there. Had to go in and ask about it.

Carol, Glad that Narce got home and is safely out of Japan. Glad his dad is getting better.

Pat

Host Corkey
March 15th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Happy Birthday Dear Rod!!! for the day before St. Pat's...

and many more!!!

Love and lots of Hugs from me and Narce......

carol

beachlovergirl
March 16th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Dee,

Wow, when are you coming back from Vegas? The cruise is 11/18.....LOL

Patty

We're planning on going there on Thursday 11/10.......we'll probably fly home on either 11/13 or 11/14.

The wedding will be on Friday evening at The Wynn with the reception in the ballroom.......someone is also hosting a party for them on Saturday night at Nikki Beach Club at the Tropicana. We would also like to see a show.....I would love to see Celine Dion!!

Dee

beachlovergirl
March 16th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Happy Birthday Rod !!!!!!!!

pamkev
March 16th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Happy Birthday Rod!!!!!

pamkev
March 16th, 2011, 06:08 AM
This is a reminder that I will need to know by Saturday if anyone else will be joining us next Saturday. This is the list I have so far

Rod&Pat
Howard&Sharon
Mary&John
Marty&Lynda
Kim&Alex
Mary Ellen& Bob
Pam & Kevin

hac82
March 16th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Happy Birthday Rod. Have a Great Day.

beachbuddy
March 16th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Rod,

Happy Birthday to you..........
Happy Birthday to you...........
Happy Birthday Dear Rod..........
Happy Birthday to you..............
....and many more!!!

Hope you enjoy your day!!!! Wishing you many more happy, healthy years of enjoying life!!

Patty & Tony

RodPat
March 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Rod told me to tell you guys thanks for the birthday wishes. I like when it is Rod's birthday because then he is older than me for a couple of months and I can tease him about being old.:D Went to Philadelphia Park today just for two hours. Made him his favorite dinner tonight and now he is relaxing looking at tv. Wait that sounds like almost everyday around here.:)

Pam, see you next saturday.

Pat

beachbuddy
March 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Rod told me to tell you guys thanks for the birthday wishes. I like when it is Rod's birthday because then he is older than me for a couple of months and I can tease him about being old.:D Went to Philadelphia Park today just for two hours. Made him his favorite dinner tonight and now he is relaxing looking at tv. Wait that sounds like almost everyday around here.:)

Pam, see you next saturday.

Pat

LOL.......Pat, your so funny! LOL

Tell Rod he's very welcome!! Glad he had a good day!!

Patty

Host Corkey
March 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
pat - sounds like Rod had an ideal type of a party - wish we were there!! carol

kimba1
March 17th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Rod!

Welcome home Narce - and welcome back to the boards Carol....how's the jet lag!

What a cool anniversay Mary!

beachlovergirl
March 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
This is a reminder that I will need to know by Saturday if anyone else will be joining us next Saturday. This is the list I have so far

Rod&Pat
Howard&Sharon
Mary&John
Marty&Lynda
Kim&Alex
Mary Ellen& Bob
Pam & Kevin

Pam,

Please add us to the list. Also add Patty and Tony.

Thanks,

Dee and John
Patty and Tony

firedog001
March 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Rod&Pat
Howard&Sharon
Mary&John
Marty&Lynda
Kim&Alex
Mary Ellen& Bob
Pam & Kevin

Looking forward to meeting everyone next week. Would like to see more names but I am sure we will have a great time.
Marty & Lynda

beachbuddy
March 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Pam,

Thanks,

Dee and John
Patty and Tony

Dee,
Thanks for signing me up...........LOL

Pam, yep, add us........I can't go to FB when at work so asked Dee to let you know that me and Tony will be there.

Patty

RodPat
March 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Pam,

Thanks,

Dee and John
Patty and Tony

Now this is what I like to hear, the whole gang getting together again. November is so far away and I know how busy you all are in the summer, so now is a good time to get together.:D:D

Pat

hac82
March 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Dee,
Thanks for signing me up...........LOL

Pam, yep, add us........I can't go to FB when at work so asked Dee to let you know that me and Tony will be there.

Patty
Looking forward to seeing you there. Glad you can make it.

Host Corkey
March 19th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Patty and all - please don't forget to take pics so I'll feel like I am there too !! carol

pamkev
March 19th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Pam,

Thanks,

Dee and John
Patty and Tony

Great:):)

pamkev
March 19th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Patty and all - please don't forget to take pics so I'll feel like I am there too !! carol

Wish all our west coast friends could be with us:(

beachbuddy
March 19th, 2011, 06:28 AM

You want me to take pictures of you to the luncheon??? :confused:

Just kidding..........I know what you mean. :D Wish you and Narce lived closer and that you could come.

Patty

hac82
March 19th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Glad to know I am not the only one that is up at this hour on a Saturday. I had to take the dog out. Sharon gets him tomorrow morning. Next weekend, neither of us....our son does both days.:D:D:D

beachbuddy
March 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Glad to know I am not the only one that is up at this hour on a Saturday. I had to take the dog out. Sharon gets him tomorrow morning. Next weekend, neither of us....our son does both days.:D:D:D

Saturday!!! and I woke up at 5:30 and stayed up!!! There's something wrong with that........LOL We're headed to Reading, PA this morning.......basketball tourniments that our grandson is in and we have to leave by 8 am if we want to catch the first game at 10 a.m.

Chat later........

Patty

hac82
March 19th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Saturday!!! and I woke up at 5:30 and stayed up!!! There's something wrong with that........LOL We're headed to Reading, PA this morning.......basketball tourniments that our grandson is in and we have to leave by 8 am if we want to catch the first game at 10 a.m.

Chat later........

Patty
Good luck to your GS. Let us know how he did.

kimba1
March 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Howard-

You need to get an automatic dog door like we have. Our dog wears and electronic collar and when he approaches his door it opens to let him out. He loves the independence of going in and out whenever he wants. Alex put it in for him about a year ago and he freaks out now if it doesnt open right away. It's great (except for the one night when he went out in the middle of the night and got skunked!). He came running back in and right into our bedroom. We woke up to this nasty smell and couldn't figure it out right away. Lol!

beachlovergirl
March 19th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Howard-

You need to get an automatic dog door like we have. Our dog wears and electronic collar and when he approaches his door it opens to let him out. He loves the independence of going in and out whenever he wants. Alex put it in for him about a year ago and he freaks out now if it doesnt open right away. It's great (except for the one night when he went out in the middle of the night and got skunked!). He came running back in and right into our bedroom. We woke up to this nasty smell and couldn't figure it out right away. Lol!

Kim, my sister has the automatic dog door and collars for both her dogs and they love it. Only problem she has is that her two cats have figured out to sneak outside when the dogs go through the door but for some reason haven't figured out how to get back in!

Dee

hac82
March 19th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Howard-

OMG and PEEEEEWWWW. I can only imagine the smell....actually, I know the smell. My dog when I was young got it many times.

I would love to have the auto door, but with our yard not being fenced in, and no electric fence, I will not do it. In fact Freckles is so used to us taking him that when we did try once to let him go alone, he stopped at the corner of the house, looked back as if to say "aren't you coming with me?" He would not do anything unless we were with him.

hac82
March 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Okay, I decided to look over the menu for next week and I am already hungry. I cannot believe that we have one in Boston and I never heard of it until now.

pamkev
March 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Okay, I decided to look over the menu for next week and I am already hungry. I cannot believe that we have one in Boston and I never heard of it until now.

Glad you mention the menu we are doing family style as this is what is best for a big group and this is what I have ordered for us. I hope everyone finds something they like if not the things you do like fill up on. There food is great and they keep bringing more all we have to do is ask.

There own special Fried zucchini (I have this every time)
Mozzarella Sticks
Maggiano Salad ( A real great salad ask Pat about it)
There own special Rigatoni D
Lasagna with meat sauce
Chicken Marsala
Salmon
Cheesecake
Apple Crostada

pamkev
March 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM

The past two morning I have been up at 3:30 and 4:30 to let Hazel out and I'm not a happy camper its usually around 5:30 then I am up. I would love to have a door for her but her nose would get her into trouble as it sometimes does being the hound that she is catch's a whiff of something and she's off and so am I chasing her with a flashlight to get her back in the house. So just picture this, a over 50 year old fluffy woman with a flashlight chasing a dog in the wee hours of the morning not a pretty sight and really not a pretty sight when its cold with snow on the ground. UGH where is that dog we need to talk:eek:

beachbuddy
March 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Good luck to your GS. Let us know how he did.

Awww..........they won the first one and lost the second one! They really didn't play good the 2nd game but it was still a close score. Oh well, can't win them all! LOL The won the last tournment they had up in North Jersey. Tomorrow is soccer but I'm not sure I'm doing that one......I have things to do around here! LOL We were gone all day and didn't get home till 6 pm so really tired out now. In between games we took a ride to the outlets and I was kind of disappointed in them. I thought they would be like Flemington or Peddler's Village outlets where they are individual stores but it was kind of weird.......we walked in one big building and we were already in a store and you sort of keep walking right into the next store........we really just walked around to waste time, all we bought was a potato scrubber in one of the kitchen stores.........LOL Oh yeah, and Tony bought Pizza........LOL

beachbuddy
March 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Howard-

hahahaha..........I remember when that happened! I really felt bad for you guys! LOL That had to be disgusting!!!

hac82
March 19th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Glad you mention the menu we are doing family style as this is what is best for a big group and this is what I have ordered for us. I hope everyone finds something they like if not the things you do like fill up on. There food is great and they keep bringing more all we have to do is ask.

Mozzarella Sticks
Lasagna with meat sauce
Chicken Marsala
Salmon
Cheesecake
Apple Crostada
Okay, I think I am going to like all of this and I now know that there will be no breakfast or dinner for us that day. I may have to go back to the mall after to walk it all off.

For me I can see Lasagna, Marsala, Salmon and Cheesecake. Now we just need to make sure that Sharon is not sequestered next Thursday. My Jury duty was canceled already so I am free.

Not that there is already plenty of food, but wasn't there suppose to be 2 salads (like we need another one to take away from that wonderful Italian food)?

Aw come on Pam, tell me what the Maggiano Salad is?

kimba1
March 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Kim, my sister has the automatic dog door and collars for both her dogs and they love it. Only problem she has is that her two cats have figured out to sneak outside when the dogs go through the door but for some reason haven't figured out how to get back in!

Dee

Dee. They need the collar to open the door so if they dont follow the dog in they're SOL

Host Corkey
March 20th, 2011, 12:35 AM

Mozzarella Sticks
Lasagna with meat sauce
Chicken Marsala
Salmon
Cheesecake
Apple Crostada

I won't even tell Narce about this menu! he'll feel bad about not being there - he also has to work Sat/Sun cuz of special proj's that was suppose to happen while he was gone - ... this meal really sounds great! Kim: I still have jet lag - just can't seem to wake up early even tho' I have been going to sleep early - when I used to fly intern'l flights yearly, it would take me 3 weeks to get back to normal - hated it that I had to back to work after 3 days of arriving home. with my age now, I'd never make it, so glad I no longer work - but then since I retired, I never flew the 14-16 hrs either!! carol

pamkev
March 20th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Okay, I think I am going to like all of this and I now know that there will be no breakfast or dinner for us that day. I may have to go back to the mall after to walk it all off.

For me I can see Lasagna, Marsala, Salmon and Cheesecake. Now we just need to make sure that Sharon is not sequestered next Thursday. My Jury duty was canceled already so I am free.

Not that there is already plenty of food, but wasn't there suppose to be 2 salads (like we need another one to take away from that wonderful Italian food)?

Aw come on Pam, tell me what the Maggiano Salad is?

I forget to add Caesar salad is there also. It tough getting old. I'll let Pat tell you about the Maggiano Salad its good maybe its the dressing they put on it

mjwcruising
March 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I forget to add Caesar salad is there also. It tough getting old. I'll let Pat tell you about the Maggiano Salad its good maybe its the dressing they put on it

The menu sounds great!! I'll be looking forward to the meal all week.

Pat; what is Maggiano Salad?