Charleston shuttle question?

miataman

We are doing the Canada new England cruise in October and one of our last stops is Charleston South Carolina. The web site for the Charleston Chauffeur Company says that they have a shuttle from the visitors center to the plantations daily, but when I call to reserve this I get no answer only a message machine. I've left messages and sent emails with no results. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thanks, Robyn

• 2 weeks later...
We are doing the Canada new England cruise in October and one of our last stops is Charleston South Carolina. The web site for the Charleston Chauffeur Company says that they have a shuttle from the visitors center to the plantations daily, but when I call to reserve this I get no answer only a message machine. I've left messages and sent emails with no results. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thanks, Robyn

Are you still looking for transportation over to one of the plantations (not a ship tour)?

Yes. When we thought we would want the same service I researched private transportation. This is the best service for the price I came up with. I copied this from my notes:

Safety Cab 843-722-4066, low rates to transport to area Plantations, call for pickup at pier. They also have vans. We priced them to go to Boone Hall. It was SO much less than the ship tour, and they will come back to return you to the ship, just make the arrangements with your driver.

Archived