PDA

View Full Version : 10/27/2011 - Explorer of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Wahoo! 500 postings!!

I made the mistake of watching a special on the Travel Channel last weekend about the 10 Best Caribbean Beaches or something like that. By the end of the show I wanted to cry.

And now considering we're supposed to get 3-9 inches of snow tomorrow, I REALLY think I just may cry.:(

Hey, Amy, 3 to 9 inches would be a dusting compared to what we are getting right now!:eek:

Yes, we saw that special some time ago, I am still salivating! But this just gets us to appreciate it even more.

When are you going to post your pictures on picasa?:D

Yes, 500 postings, we are beginning to pick up on some chatter and excitement! Let's keep it going!

Ernie

mamapan
March 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Hey, Amy, 3 to 9 inches would be a dusting compared to what we are getting right now!:eek:

Yes, we saw that special some time ago, I am still salivating! But this just gets us to appreciate it even more.

When are you going to post your pictures on picasa?:D

Yes, 500 postings, we are beginning to pick up on some chatter and excitement! Let's keep it going!

Ernie

Sorry to hear you're getting buried - that stinks.

Funny you should ask about Picasa - just this minute I finished posting pictures of us from the trip!! Now that I know how easy it is (and that the Evil Overlords of this office haven't blocked that site as well) I will find more to post!

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear you're getting buried - that stinks.

Funny you should ask about Picasa - just this minute I finished posting pictures of us from the trip!! Now that I know how easy it is (and that the Evil Overlords of this office haven't blocked that site as well) I will find more to post!

Great minds run in the same ditches! I mean, great minds think alike!

Keep posting, great pictures! It puts me in the mood for cruising!

Ernie

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hey, Raj,

This Pimm's for you!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pimms.jpg

Ernie

krhnbt
March 23rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Pictures posted on Picasa!

Mickman1959
March 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Okay, now that i've read all these posts, I have one question - did anyone get arrested??? It seems like you have way too much fun ~ although there's never too much fun on vacation. Ernie, Raj, Ed & Mike seem to be the ring leaders = am I right? I'd like to hear more about Halloween on the ship - do people dress up? Is there a big party? I didn't even consider Halloween when I booked the cruise.

Take Care,
Barb:cool:

Hello Barb welcome aboard.

I am Mike and my partner in crime is Julie. We are from the Binghamton NY area. I believe if you read all the reports of the last cruise and speak to Ernie, yes there might of been one arrest aboard the EOS. Somewhere there are pictures of me being hauled away by a very pretty police officer....lol! The great thing about this group is not only the cruise but the fact that we are able to get together for reunion dinners. The next will be our fourth reunion dinner. (except for Raj who has that little body of water called the Atlantic Ocean between us) We do have a great time am looking forward to the next cruise. I see you have read all the posts and by now you are getting the ideal that this is quite the group of great people. I've been off the boards for a little bit lately but am back now and ready to go.

Keep active with these posts it's a great way to communicate and learn about all of us.

Mike:cool:

krhnbt
March 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Only 64 days until Explorer cruise!!...Oops, sorry guys, hate to rub it in!:cool:

Karen

Mickman1959
March 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Hey, Raj,

This Pimm's for you!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pimms.jpg

Ernie

Nice Ernie.

Did I tell you that Julie and I are all set with Craig. I gave hime the extra money he required and everything is transferred. Now all he has to do is make sure my dinner reservations are linked with Karen and Russ. Who are you eating with did you link with anyone yet. Or how do we get all of our tables nest to each other? Could you get on that Mayor....lol! Say hi to Sharon for us!

Mike and Julie:cool:

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Pictures posted on Picasa!

Hi, Karen,

Maybe it is because I am approaching 60, maybe my eyes are getting worse, but looks like your pictures on picasa are very small, like maybe 3kb each. Once I got the magnifying glass out, they were fine! I don't know why that is like that, were they very small pictures originally or did they somehow convert on transfer?

Ernie

krhnbt
March 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi, Karen,

Maybe it is because I am approaching 60, maybe my eyes are getting worse, but looks like your pictures on picasa are very small, like maybe 3kb each. Once I got the magnifying glass out, they were fine! I don't know why that is like that, were they very small pictures originally or did they somehow convert on transfer?

Ernie

Ernie..

I went back to the picasa website, the pictures look ok to me...they appear to be the same size as all all the rest that have posted...

P. S. I sent you an email

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by bschoon60 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28441931#post28441931)
Okay, now that i've read all these posts, I have one question - did anyone get arrested??? It seems like you have way too much fun ~ although there's never too much fun on vacation. Ernie, Raj, Ed & Mike seem to be the ring leaders = am I right? I'd like to hear more about Halloween on the ship - do people dress up? Is there a big party? I didn't even consider Halloween when I booked the cruise.

Take Care,
Barb:cool:

Hello Barb welcome aboard.

I am Mike and my partner in crime is Julie. We are from the Binghamton NY area. I believe if you read all the reports of the last cruise and speak to Ernie, yes there might of been one arrest aboard the EOS. Somewhere there are pictures of me being hauled away by a very pretty police officer....lol! The great thing about this group is not only the cruise but the fact that we are able to get together for reunion dinners. The next will be our fourth reunion dinner. (except for Raj who has that little body of water called the Atlantic Ocean between us) We do have a great time am looking forward to the next cruise. I see you have read all the posts and by now you are getting the ideal that this is quite the group of great people. I've been off the boards for a little bit lately but am back now and ready to go.

Keep active with these posts it's a great way to communicate and learn about all of us.

Hi, Barb,

Okay, I lied, there was one arrest, Mike was arrested by Julie. Now they are going to try to say that this was all a part of a Halloween party and that these were costumes, but we know better, don't we?:rolleyes:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/ArrestOnExplorer.jpg

Ernie

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ernie..

I went back to the picasa website, the pictures look ok to me...they appear to be the same size as all all the rest that have posted...

P. S. I sent you an email

For some reason, they are showing up as 96X72 pixels for me and all the rest of the pictures are much larger. Maybe it is something with my browser. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Meanwhile, I am answering your e-mail now.

Fortunately they just canceled my meeting. It would have been a day off for all 400+ employees except for me! So I got spared the trip out on the roads, which would have been a royal pain.

Ernie

bschoon60
March 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hi, Barb,

Okay, I lied, there was one arrest, Mike was arrested by Julie. Now they are going to try to say that this was all a part of a Halloween party and that these were costumes, but we know better, don't we?:rolleyes:

Ernie

Ernie:

It doesn't look like Mike minded the arrest! Home for lunch - only 3 inches of snow so far!

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ernie:

It doesn't look like Mike minded the arrest! Home for lunch - only 3 inches of snow so far!

Barb,

Everyone was lining up asking if Julie could be their probation officer!;)

Ernie

bschoon60
March 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Is there a big Halloween party? Did most people wear costumes?

laskoske
March 23rd, 2011, 07:25 PM

There is a HUGE Halloween parade, everyone who is in costume is invited to participate. They parade down the promenade, lots of fanfare and music, and end up at Studio B, where the costumes are judged and prizes are awarded.

There were so many unique costumes last time, one group went as the cast from the Wizard of Oz, they were incredible. I have so many pictures from the party, if you want them, e-mail me at laskoske@comcast.net and I can send you the DVD of all our pictures from last cruise. It can get you in the mood for this year's cruise!:)

Ernie

12vman
March 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Hello everyone!
Just joined CC and booked our first cruise on EOTS on 10/27/11!...
spent the past couple of hours researching and reading your posts...
We are so new to cruising that I am researching everything I can find.....
Looking for tips to make the most of our cruise...can you help?
Excursions: book with RCCL or not?
On board things to do: book early?
Early or late dining?
We enjoy scuba (amateurishly) and snorkleing : best place?
Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Gabby

Gabby,

Welcome aboard!

I had a friend last month go on their very first cruise and asked me for tips.
I wrote up a HUGE pdf file of photos and tips (my opinions of course).
They found it to be very helpful, and glad they had it.
If you email me, I'll send it to you and you can take from it anything you can!

eplain@comcast.net

12vman
March 23rd, 2011, 11:02 PM

Welcome Aboard!

Ed

PS- I'm bringing my Burka

laskoske
March 24th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Ed

PS- I'm bringing my Burka

Is that any way to talk about your wife, does she know that you call her that?:rolleyes:

Where have you been, Ed? Welcome back to the boards!

Ernie

12vman
March 24th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Ernie:

It doesn't look like Mike minded the arrest!

I don't think so!
Julie can bust me anytime! HAHAHA

PS-What's Pimm's??

Mickman1959
March 24th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hi, Barb,

Ernie

Hey guy's I'm telling you ....... I was framed! But I did surrender peacefully! :D

mamapan
March 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I've got to get Jay to dress up this year but I'll probably end up having to wear a naughty police officer costume to get him to play along!!:o

laskoske
March 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I've got to get Jay to dress up this year but I'll probably end up having to wear a naughty police officer costume to get him to play along!!:o

This was posted last night and not ONE comment on it?:eek:

Ed, Raj, Mike, you are just letting this one go by?

Ernie

laskoske
March 25th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think so!
Julie can bust me anytime! HAHAHA

PS-What's Pimm's??

Hi, Ed,

Pimm's No. 1 is a gin-based liquor made in England from dry gin, liqueur, fruit juices and spices. It is mixed with lemonade (which is 7-UP or Sierra Mist here in the US), and is known for it's refreshing taste while the British are enjoying summer sporting events in the UK. Friends of mine from the UK had brought this bottle to me while I was bartending at Pocono last year. All I have left of it is the box, so sorry, Raj, none for you.

Not a bad taste, not quite strong enough for me, but I would have to agree that it is a nice summer drink.

Ernie

laskoske
March 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Seven more months today!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Ernie

bschoon60
March 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Seven more months today!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Ernie

I can't wait still looking at snow on the ground and had single digits last week. :(

Barb

laskoske
March 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I can't wait still looking at snow on the ground and had single digits last week. :(

Barb

Yes, we still have loads of snow on the ground, but at least today is a bright sunny day, which is unusual for Northeast PA. We corner the market on Seasonal Affective Disorder here, maybe that's why they built a mental health center where they did!:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, my sister who lives in Salisbury/Ocean City Maryland just got 3" of snow, so I can finally laugh at her for having worse weather than we are having. ;) Usually it is beautiful there while we are in the midst of rotten weather here.

But I have to think that things are looking up, the days are getting extended with more and more daylight time, the weather will be on the upswing for warmth, and for the next 6 months I will enjoy every last bit of sunlight. Then by October the weather starts getting nasty here, but at the end, we have our cruise to look forward to!

Life is Good!

Ernie

mamapan
March 27th, 2011, 07:48 PM
This was posted last night and not ONE comment on it?:eek:

Ed, Raj, Mike, you are just letting this one go by?

Ernie

Phew!;)

gowanajones2000
March 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, we still have loads of snow on the ground, but at least today is a bright sunny day, which is unusual for Northeast PA. We corner the market on Seasonal Affective Disorder here, maybe that's why they built a mental health center where they did!:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, my sister who lives in Salisbury/Ocean City Maryland just got 3" of snow, so I can finally laugh at her for having worse weather than we are having. ;) Usually it is beautiful there while we are in the midst of rotten weather here.

But I have to think that things are looking up, the days are getting extended with more and more daylight time, the weather will be on the upswing for warmth, and for the next 6 months I will enjoy every last bit of sunlight. Then by October the weather starts getting nasty here, but at the end, we have our cruise to look forward to!

Life is Good!

Ernie
any rooms left on this cruise...? cant keep my crew on the same trip. I really like this group.... is Ed making the new shirts yet?

laskoske
March 28th, 2011, 12:13 AM
any rooms left on this cruise...? cant keep my crew on the same trip. I really like this group.... is Ed making the new shirts yet?

We would always make room for you! Are you interested?

Ernie

dsjlcruise
March 28th, 2011, 12:35 AM

Ernie

I saw the logo and cracked up! Bet you are excited about the cruise.

Jim and I will be traveling with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, brother, mother and father this time around.....but on the Oasis of the Seas....we travel June 18. My mother insisted on a cruise with her family instead of a party for her 50th wedding anniversary.

I told Jim that our bar bill on this cruise will be mighty high.....because I will be on a ship with my mother for a week. :D :eek: Yikes!

Have a great one!

Deb

gowanajones2000
March 28th, 2011, 07:35 AM

Ernie
yes we are... we have friends who are going on 2 different dates this year.... they both want us to go with them ...neither one of them is good for my schedule. so, Im thinking I go when its good for me and that date is 10-27 with the east ghost explorers 2....I really like the date and my fellow peeps ...

laskoske
March 28th, 2011, 07:47 AM
yes we are... we have friends who are going on 2 different dates this year.... they both want us to go with them ...neither one of them is good for my schedule. so, I'm thinking I go when its good for me and that date is 10-27 with the east ghost explorers 2....I really like the date and my fellow peeps ...

Let me do some checking. The group that we organized with all the perks is closed, I will have to check. I know that there are still rooms available with the group at the group rate, but possibly not with the same perks. What kind of room are you looking at? E-mail me later at laskoske@comcast.net and I will do some checking if you are interested.

Ernie

sarkar
March 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM

Jim

Come it will be great ......

need some more old guys to show the young guys
how to party

raj

12vman
March 28th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Jim! come aboard!!!!

What about the turkey Shirts?
Are they still on?
if so, lets finalize that logo.

Damn, you really think you're going to jump ship? COOL!

Ed

gowanajones2000
March 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Jim! come aboard!!!!

What about the turkey Shirts?
Are they still on?
if so, lets finalize that logo.

Damn, you really think you're going to jump ship? COOL!

Ed
the turkey shirt cruise has been canned ,,, not good for my work schedule....I really like these dates and the east ghost crew....I think this would our best bet. MY cruise agent is one of my landscape customers... Im meeting with her this afternoon to go over her plans for the season and see what she can offer me for this cruise. I know Ernie has some rates and perks, but my cruise lady has given me like 15 new customers, so I have to use her , even if she is a little more dough.

gowanajones2000
March 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Jim

how to party

raj
I hear ya raj... yeah , Im meeeting my cruise lady this afternoon,,, so.. if the Mrs wants to join me,,,we could be on the East Ghost explorer II

12vman
March 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
the turkey shirt cruise has been canned ,,, not good for my work schedule....I really like these dates and the east ghost crew....I think this would our best bet

Ewww.... who likes canned Turkey anyway.

great!, im glad youre coming.
it will even be better since we know each other better.

Maybe I should still offer the logo to those cruisers.

12vman
March 28th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I hear ya raj... yeah , Im meeeting my cruise lady this afternoon,,, so.. if the Mrs wants to join me,,,we could be on the East Ghost explorer II

We have some great NEW people joining us this time as well.

12vman
March 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Last August I went from 295lbs to 250lbs for the cruise (in 3 months).
I gained, I am now 271.
I start today...i WILL be 199 on 10/27/11 and maybe, just MAYBE...
compete with Jim & Ernie this time in that pool competition...and maybe even slip on my ass like Ernie.

gowanajones2000
March 28th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Jim

how to party

raj
Hey who you calling old? lol . i remember the pool games near the end of the cruise and Ernie sliding on his keister on the pool deck and him and I getting 2 and 3rd aginst the young guys.... remember that Ernie?

gowanajones2000
March 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Ewww.... who likes canned Turkey anyway.

great!, im glad youre coming.
it will even be better since we know each other better.

Maybe I should still offer the logo to those cruisers.
you might want to offer the shirts.. I know they all met in penn. the other day and firedog is going on that crusie (celebrity with them) . firedog went with us last year..

laskoske
March 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Hey who you calling old? lol . i remember the pool games near the end of the cruise and Ernie sliding on his keister on the pool deck and him and I getting 2 and 3rd aginst the young guys.... remember that Ernie?

How can I NOT remember that one, Jim? There are pictures of me all over the place to prove that I can slide and go flot (I mean flat, sorry Raj) on my back and still come back, do the push ups and compete! And don't forget, I was the oldest one there!

Ernie

laskoske
March 28th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Last August I went from 295lbs to 250lbs for the cruise (in 3 months).
I gained, I am now 271.
I start today...i WILL be 199 on 10/27/11 and maybe, just MAYBE...
compete with Jim & Ernie this time in that pool competition...and maybe even slip on my ass like Ernie.

I can't believe that you thought I slipped on the deck last year. That was part of my routine. It was all planned, I thought I would get more points for adding that level of difficulty into my floor exercise. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket! Being delusional is so much fun.:D

And losing all that weight can't be healthy for you, Ed. But now that you mentioned it, I might get an early start on losing my gut, but just a little at a time, not losing 25% of the body weight. That's got to be dangerous, isn't it?

Ernie

laskoske
March 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
We have some great NEW people joining us this time as well.

Yes, we have some really great people joining us, or more accurately, we are joining them, since they started this board. I haven't heard from Rich lately, where have you been? I'm glad that you were able to join our group and get the group rate and perks.

The boards are starting to have some life, let's hear from Dena, Gabby, Barb, Charlotte, Sue & Paul, and so many others, as well as the quieter members of last year's group.

Who is not registered for the Meet & Mingle yet? There are still only 14 signed up.

Ernie

smooth_sailin
March 29th, 2011, 06:56 AM
The boards are starting to have some life, let's hear from Dena, Gabby, Barb, Charlotte, Sue & Paul, and so many others, as well as the quieter members of last year's group.

Ernie

John and I were away in south Florida for a birding festival, just got back on Sunday, tanned and relaxed. It was 85 and sunny every day, low 60s at night. Paradise.

Heard some of you people in the NE get snow. Awww! :p

Dena

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 07:20 AM
John and I were away in south Florida for a birding festival, just got back on Sunday, tanned and relaxed. It was 85 and sunny every day, low 60s at night. Paradise.

Dena

I didn't detect a lot of sympathy in your statement, Dena:mad:. This winter just won't end! But it makes looking forward to spring and summer that much more enjoyable:D

There is always something to look forward to. It's the best way to go through life.

Ernie

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Dena

Did you go a little further south to Capistrano while you were close by? How could a bird lover miss that event. March 19th, wasn't it?

Ernie

mamapan
March 29th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I didn't detect a lot of sympathy in your statement, Dena:mad:. This winter just won't end! But it makes looking forward to spring and summer that much more enjoyable:D

There is always something to look forward to. It's the best way to go through life.

Ernie

Gee Ernie you need to move further north! We got a dusting last week and it only stuck on the lawns & trees - by noon it was completely gone.

It just seems so strange to be this much further north and to get that much less snow. And that is NOT a complaint!!!!!

smooth_sailin
March 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Did you go a little further south to Capistrano while you were close by? How could a bird lover miss that event. March 19th, wasn't it?

Ernie

Ernie, I thought San Juan Capistrano mission is in California -- isn't it? We were in Florida.

And how inconvenient to come home and have to hide my tan under a bulky sweater. I thought spring would be here by now. Can't you all do something about this? ;)

Seriously, though, we were very concerned that our dog-sitter wouldn't be able to make it up our steep driveway on the snow day. Thankfully I don't think it was a problem - The doggies look none the worse for wear. We don't really know how much snow fell, but I think it was gone within a day or so.

Dena

bschoon60
March 29th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ernie:

I keep trying to register for the meet & mingle but it says only paid cruises can be registered - I HAVE MY RESERVATION NUMBER & have had it for a while - not sure why it won't work......:confused:

I know its early yet, but has anyone thought about port excursions?

mamapan
March 29th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Ernie:

I keep trying to register for the meet & mingle but it says only paid cruises can be registered - I HAVE MY RESERVATION NUMBER & have had it for a while - not sure why it won't work......:confused:

Wow - that's really weird. We've got our res# and only put down the deposit that was required on board and we were the first ones registered. I keep hearing all kinds of people having trouble on the RCI website lately & wonder if this is related...

I think about port excursions daily...but haven't seriously looked into any. I think in St. Thomas that we'll go on the Castaway Girl catamaran & snorkel trip. They are such a great crew. In Samana last year we were part of a "Tours with Terry" group booked outside of RCI and had an amazing time, so I'd definitely look into his programs again. Other than that we don't have much in the way of "must do" excursions.

bschoon60
March 29th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Wow - that's really weird. We've got our res# and only put down the deposit that was required on board and we were the first ones registered. I keep hearing all kinds of people having trouble on the RCI website lately & wonder if this is related...

I think about port excursions daily...but haven't seriously looked into any. I think in St. Thomas that we'll go on the Castaway Girl catamaran & snorkel trip. They are such a great crew. In Samana last year we were part of a "Tours with Terry" group booked outside of RCI and had an amazing time, so I'd definitely look into his programs again. Other than that we don't have much in the way of "must do" excursions.

I decided to send a note to cruise critic for help, we'll see what they say.

We have been looking at "tours with terry" and have been thinking about the beach tour or the low impact tour. Which one did you do?

Barb

krhnbt
March 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Ernie:

I can't register either for the M & M, getting the same message as you are...we are booked through Ernie's TA. Have never had a problem in the past registering for the M & M's before the cruise was paid in full. I know Ernie is registered, I don't think his cruise is paid in full, and we are booked with the same TA:confused:.

Karen

magaly63
March 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Hi Ernie and all....
Been extra busy with DH away in Italy...
We were thinking that since we SURELY will love our first cruise, our next one we would combine a trip to Italy to see family AND a mediterranean cruise, along the Adriatic and Greece. Family first, that way we can then relax on the cruise!:)
Any thoughts anyone?
I'm also planning on weight loss by the time we board...I'm planning to be more active and daring and just plain have fun...some things are not as easy to enjoy as an oveweight person.....I will never be "skinny", never was...but at least in better shape!
Would love to do the zip line!
70 lbs in 7 months is doable as long as temptation is kept away and willpower sticks around....Always check with MD first...yo-yo dieting not good either....Good luck!
Gabby

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hi Ernie and all....
Been extra busy with DH away in Italy...
We were thinking that since we SURELY will love our first cruise, our next one we would combine a trip to Italy to see family AND a mediterranean cruise, along the Adriatic and Greece. Family first, that way we can then relax on the cruise!:)
Any thoughts anyone?
I'm also planning on weight loss by the time we board...I'm planning to be more active and daring and just plain have fun...some things are not as easy to enjoy as an oveweight person.....I will never be "skinny", never was...but at least in better shape!
Would love to do the zip line!
70 lbs in 7 months is doable as long as temptation is kept away and willpower sticks around....Always check with MD first...yo-yo dieting not good either....Good luck!
Gabby

He, Ed, Gabby must know you, she called you a yo-yo! Good judge of character without actually meeting him!

Wow, Gabby, that Mediterranean cruise sounds fantastic. And since you would feel right at home there, it would be perfect. As for us, we do not speak any other languages, so it could be a bit rough, but I would love to try it.

That zip line on Labadee is lots of fun. A bit expensive, but well worth it. My one friends was turned away since he weighed over 250 pounds, which is their limit. There are always lots of activities we can do on the ship that help us burn off all those calories that we pack away with each meal, so we don't worry about it, just have lots of fun, lots of eating, and have a year to slowly lose it again.;)

Ernie

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I can't register either for the M & M, getting the same message as you are...we are booked through Ernie's TA. Have never had a problem in the past registering for the M & M's before the cruise was paid in full. I know Ernie is registered, I don't think his cruise is paid in full, and we are booked with the same TA:confused:.

Karen

Hi, Karen,

Maybe it is some glitch with either Royal Caribbean or Cruise Critic and not actually with our travel agent, since this seems to be a problem that others are having as well. I heard from him today and will forward the letter later tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, you are correct, I am certainly not paid in full, only the deposit, but I was able to register for the Meet & Mingle without any problem. I can't say that I am glad that others are having the same problem, but I'm glad that it is not isolated to this travel agent.

Are you getting eager now that your May cruise is coming up soon?:D:mad::(:)

Ernie

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 10:39 PM

We have been looking at "tours with terry" and have been thinking about the beach tour or the low impact tour. Which one did you do?

Barb

Smart move about contacting CC for some help, I hope they can shed some light onto why this is happening, and hopefully we will have our minimum of 25 to formalize our party soon.

Ernie

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 10:41 PM

We are looking for a different experience this time, so maybe we'll join you.

...that is, if we are invited or welcomed:eek:

Ernie

laskoske
March 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Ernie, I thought San Juan Capistrano mission is in California -- isn't it? We were in Florida.

And how inconvenient to come home and have to hide my tan under a bulky sweater. I thought spring would be here by now. Can't you all do something about this? ;)

Seriously, though, we were very concerned that our dog-sitter wouldn't be able to make it up our steep driveway on the snow day. Thankfully I don't think it was a problem - The doggies look none the worse for wear. We don't really know how much snow fell, but I think it was gone within a day or so.

Dena

I would love to say that I was testing you to see if you really knew where Capistrano was, but I couldn't lie. I never gave it a second thought. I always heard San Juan and Capistrano associated with the swallows, and I figured that San Juan was in Puerto Rico. Go figure! I learn something new every day! Those swallows gave me a good lesson, since that's what I had to do with my pride on that one!:o I guess it is better to find out now than to try to book the Explorations Swallows excursion on the Explorer while in San Juan:o:o

Meanwhile, it looks like we are preparing for another winter/spring storm. It never ends!

Ernie

laskoske
March 30th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Fellow East Ghost Explorers in our group,

Check you e-mail today for the explanation of our perks and status of our discounts.

Ernie

krhnbt
March 30th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Hi, Karen,

Maybe it is some glitch with either Royal Caribbean or Cruise Critic and not actually with our travel agent, since this seems to be a problem that others are having as well. I heard from him today and will forward the letter later tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, you are correct, I am certainly not paid in full, only the deposit, but I was able to register for the Meet & Mingle without any problem. I can't say that I am glad that others are having the same problem, but I'm glad that it is not isolated to this travel agent.

Are you getting eager now that your May cruise is coming up soon?:D:mad::(:)

Ernie

Hi Ernie..

I figure it has to be a glitch somewhere, I will keep on trying and see what happens. Look forward to seeing the letter you received from the TA.

We are soooo ready for this May cruise....7 months without a vacation, won't do that again! And can you believe the weather forcast for Thurs-Friday...enough already!!!!

Karen

mamapan
March 30th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Barb

Good idea on sending them a note.

Last year we did the horseback riding tour to El Limon waterfalls, and it was about as far away from low impact as you can get. It was a rugged 45 minute each way horseback ride with one heck of a hike down a super steep craggy rock hill to the falls - but worth every penny. I will say that I work out about 4 days a week doing karate and Pilates and I walk a lot too - I was exhausted at the end of this trip.

However, I have heard WONDERFUL things about the low impact tour. If you go to the "Ports of Call" section for the Dominican Republic you can find some entries there from people who've actually been on it. From what I read it sounded great. Terry is a nice guy, and our tour guide Alijah was wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to book another tour with Terry and I'm thinking one of the beach trips would be pretty great.

mamapan
March 30th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Ernie

Oh my gosh YES!! Consider yourself both invited AND welcomed!! We'd love your company!! :D

bschoon60
March 30th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Good idea on sending them a note.

Last year we did the horseback riding tour to El Limon waterfalls, and it was about as far away from low impact as you can get. It was a rugged 45 minute each way horseback ride with one heck of a hike down a super steep craggy rock hill to the falls - but worth every penny.

DH will not get on a horse - but it's good to know that it was rugged. I need to start working out to get ready! It seems like the posts on the DR port board have been moved or are gone.

No word about the meet and mingle but I will definitely pass on any information I receive.

Have a great day everyone.

Barb :cool:

mamapan
March 30th, 2011, 10:29 PM
DH will not get on a horse - but it's good to know that it was rugged. I need to start working out to get ready! It seems like the posts on the DR port board have been moved or are gone.

No word about the meet and mingle but I will definitely pass on any information I receive.

Have a great day everyone.

Barb :cool:

Actually when you go to the DR board, change the settings down at the bottom of the page so that you can see the last 6 months or so and then you'll be able to see more. I had to do that as well. There are some good descriptions in there of Terry's tours - of course his website is also available at (just run this all together) www tour samana with terry . com

or look up his facebook page "tour samana with terry"

laskoske
March 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28555964#post28555964)

Ernie

Oh my gosh YES!! Consider yourself both invited AND welcomed!! We'd love your company!! :D

Aw-w-w-w, thanks!

We feel the love!:D

Ernie

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 07:03 AM
Okay, Guys,

Who's ready for another Nor'easter????:eek::eek::mad::eek:

Again, in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett, "I gotta go where it's warm!"

Ernie

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hey, Raj,

Someone in London loves me!!! (My Daughter)

I received this care package in the mail yesterday!

My version of the quest for the Holy Grail!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/CrownJewel.jpg

Ernie

mamapan
March 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hey, Raj,

Ernie

Raj is too busy watching the big cricket match right now!!

mamapan
March 31st, 2011, 11:46 AM
okay, guys,

who's ready for another nor'easter????:eek::eek::mad::eek:

Again, in the immortal words of jimmy buffett, "i gotta go where it's warm!"

ernie

absolutely not me.

bschoon60
March 31st, 2011, 01:11 PM
Okay, Guys,

Who's ready for another Nor'easter????:eek::eek::mad::eek:

Again, in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett, "I gotta go where it's warm!"

Ernie

I'm not ready either - just a few flakes here so far. :mad: I love Jimmy Buffett! :cool:

We started our spring projects - just put stone in the driveway, so if we get snow, we can't plow the driveway! Oh well, maybe we'll be snowed in and can't go to work - ha,ha.

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 08:54 PM
I love Jimmy Buffett! :cool:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2539/4239989965_73746fb734.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/4239989965/)JB in NBC (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/4239989965/) by eplain1 (http://www.flickr.com/people/32066317@N08/), on Flickr

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
John and I were away in south Florida for a birding festival

Dena

I would think any sort of "Birding" festival should take place in New York City.
We're all well known for that sort of stuff up here!. ;-)

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 09:11 PM
By the way, our catamaran snorkel trip in DR was FANTASTIC! as well. Doing it again too. A nice refreshing ride for a while, a good snorkel stop, a private secluded & rustic stop with just our people, where some locals fed us some coffee, fruits and rum under thatched huts. A little relaxation on some hammocks at the shore, and then a couple hours over at Cayo Levantado...perfect day.

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 09:15 PM
By the way, our catamaran snorkel trip in DR was FANTASTIC! as well. Doing it again too. A nice refreshing ride for a while, a good snorkel stop, a private secluded & rustic stop with just our people, where some locals fed us some coffee, fruits and rum under thatched huts. A little relaxation on some hammocks at the shore, and then a couple hours over at Cayo Levantado...perfect day.

Count us in!

Ernie

bschoon60
March 31st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Love the Jimmy Buffett photo - love his land shark beer as well!:D

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 09:38 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2539/4239989965_73746fb734.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/4239989965/)JB in NBC (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/4239989965/) by eplain1 (http://www.flickr.com/people/32066317@N08/), on Flickr

Can't top this photo no matter what I can come up with. A brush with greatness. I'll bet Jimmy shows this to all his friends!

Ernie

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 09:43 PM
I would think any sort of "Birding" festival should take place in New York City.
We're all well known for that sort of stuff up here!. ;-)

Now what kind of "flipping" remark is that? :eek: I hope that the censors don't finger out, I mean figure out, your code and kick you off again, Ed.

Ernie

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not ready either - just a few flakes here so far. :mad: I love Jimmy Buffett! :cool:

We started our spring projects - just put stone in the driveway, so if we get snow, we can't plow the driveway! Oh well, maybe we'll be snowed in and can't go to work - ha,ha.

We've got a few flakes here, too. But enough about our group. The snow is starting to fall now, it better not spoil our week. Washington DC this weekend, Poco/Pure Prairie League/Firefall concert on Thursday, Spamalot next Sunday.

Life is good!:D:D:D

Ernie

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 09:52 PM
Can't top this photo no matter what I can come up with. A brush with greatness. I'll bet Jimmy shows this to all his friends!

Ernie

My buddy,with me,was a sneaky bastard.
He had ME hand my camera to a guard, not using his, in his pocket.
So that he could position himself properly,and I would look like
I just walked up behind, and out of place.
True!
Because what he did was, he cropped me OUT! of HIS photo!
He told me so! hahaha.

It didnt help that in conversation earlier, I said something that JB found to be personally offensive. So, I'm like the red-headed stepchild in this photo.

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 09:54 PM
We've got a few flakes here, too. But enough about our group. The snow is starting to fall now, it better not spoil our week. Washington DC this weekend, Poco/Pure Prairie League/Firefall concert on Thursday, Spamalot next Sunday.

Ernie

HOLY COW you get around!
I want YOUR job!

You have a private Jet too?

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 09:55 PM
My buddy,with me,was a sneaky bastard.
He had ME hand my camera to a guard, not using his, in his pocket.
So that he could position himself properly,and I would look like
I just walked up behind, and out of place.
True!
Because what he did was, he cropped me OUT! of HIS photo!
He told me so! hahaha.

It didnt help that in conversation earlier, I said something that JB found to be personally offensive. So, I'm like the red-headed stepchild in this photo.

You? Saying something offensive?:eek: I'm shocked!:rolleyes:

How much time did you spend with JB?

Ernie

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM
How much time did you spend with JB?

Ernie

just 10 minutes.
We were in the area reserved for "Backstage Pass" folks.
this was the Today Show concert series at 30 Rock.
Shortly after 9/11 so he wanted to say hi (and sign our passes) to all of us "Police Officers".
I believe I was Detective Sergeant? that day. :o)

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 10:08 PM
just 10 minutes.
We were in the area reserved for "Backstage Pass" folks.
this was the Today Show concert series at 30 Rock.
Shortly after 9/11 so he wanted to say hi (and sign our passes) to all of us "Police Officers".
I believe I was Detective Sergeant? that day. :o)

How were you able to score backstage passes?

Can you do it again, and include me this time?

Ernie

12vman
March 31st, 2011, 10:18 PM
How were you able to score backstage passes?

Can you do it again, and include me this time?

Ernie

I went backstage a few times.
I knew 4 people in the band.
Since those days, 3 were let go after a long run as Coral Reefers.
I only know 1 now.
But for THAT show, my friend, The real Detective Sergeant, on the right
got me in. his friend was head of security for all of Rockefeller Center.
Even the band members that I knew, when they saw me said... Hey! how did you get in here!??...without YOUR help this time! HAHA.

But to answer the 2nd question...not sure.
Since 3 friends left we all had a falling out and I lost interest in JB concerts
so i never inquired.
I'm sure I can if you want to.
I have my cop buddy and one Coral Reefer contact.
Though, after these last few years, maybe my lifeline has slackened.

laskoske
March 31st, 2011, 10:33 PM
I went backstage a few times.
I knew 4 people in the band.
Since those days, 3 were let go after a long run as Coral Reefers.
I only know 1 now.
But for THAT show, my friend, The real Detective Sergeant, on the right
got me in. his friend was head of security for all of Rockefeller Center.
Even the band members that I knew, when they saw me said... Hey! how did you get in here!??...without YOUR help this time! HAHA.

But to answer the 2nd question...not sure.
Since 3 friends left we all had a falling out and I lost interest in JB concerts
so i never inquired.
I'm sure I can if you want to.
I have my cop buddy and one Coral Reefer contact.
Though, after these last few years, maybe my lifeline has slackened.

Take up the slack on that lifeline and get me in. Do whatever you can. Call your cop buddies. Call the Coral Reefers. As a last resort, sort of like the Death Star, I guess you can tell Jimmy that he'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet "The MAYOR!" I don't like having to use that, but to meet him, I can pull out all the stops!:rolleyes: Maybe that would make sparks fly round his head. Hey, what a great inspiration for a song! Nah, it would never sell.:rolleyes:

Ernie

sarkar
April 1st, 2011, 03:32 AM
Hey, Raj,

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/CrownJewel.jpg

Ernie

Dear Mayor

Libby told us she had bought you a bottle when we meet
in December

It's a beautiful looking bottle

sip it well and slow

kiran's very jealous ......

save us some for the pre cruise party

raj

sarkar
April 1st, 2011, 03:33 AM
Raj is too busy watching the big cricket match right now!!

Your so right

working tomorrow when the finals on ....

it was said the game was the most watched sports event ever ....

come on india

and lets go YANKEES

raj

happyshelly
April 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM

Ernie

Glenn and I saw Spamalot in London. It was hilarious you will enjoy it. Enjoy your snow also since it makes looking forward to the cruise that much better.

Michele

mamapan
April 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
Your so right

working tomorrow when the finals on ....

it was said the game was the most watched sports event ever ....

come on india

and lets go YANKEES

raj

One of my dear (non cruising) friends that I do karate with is from India and he's been consumed with the games. He rushed home after class the other night to get caught up.

Oh, I just can't root for the Yankees...in my family it's blasphemy since we're from the greater Boston area. I'm afraid my grandfather would return from the grave to haunt me!!

GO RED SOX! :D

bschoon60
April 2nd, 2011, 07:38 AM
Woke up this morning thinking how much nicer it would be if I could open the balcony door and hear the ocean. :( Oh well - going on a wine tour - love living in Finger Lakes Wine Country. :)

How many more days?

12vman
April 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
What happened to Mickman? you alive pal?

smooth_sailin
April 2nd, 2011, 08:59 AM
There are some good descriptions in there of Terry's tours - of course his website is also available at (just run this all together) www tour samana with terry . com

Hi guys, I was a couple of pages behind (didn't take long to get to 30 pages, huh?) and just saw the reference to Terry's tours. I went to the website -- these look really great! There wasn't one tour that didn't look like fun. I like the beach and the ATV tours in particular. Has anyone done either of these? Is the snorkeling really as good as they say on this beach? Was the ATV tour rough?

So nice to think about this stuff during yet another winter storm. Hopefully we're done now. Enough already!

Dena

12vman
April 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hi guys, I was a couple of pages behind (didn't take long to get to 30 pages, huh?) and just saw the reference to Terry's tours. I went to the website -- these look really great! There wasn't one tour that didn't look like fun. I like the beach and the ATV tours in particular. Has anyone done either of these? Is the snorkeling really as good as they say on this beach? Was the ATV tour rough?

So nice to think about this stuff during yet another winter storm. Hopefully we're done now. Enough already!

Dena

Last cruise, I did a lot of research on Terry's tours (In Samana) and ALMOST did the El Limon falls/Horseback riding one. If Sanctioned through the ship, they wouldn't allow my daughter because she was too young, but we could have done a private trip with Terry and he would have let her go. At the last minute, I heard stories of the horses being tiny, weak, frail, and the walk up and down to the falls a bit rough. I think someone broke a leg or something once. For ME, that sort of trip is right up my alley, but I had to consider that I had my daughters (12 & 16) and I thought... hmmm...i dont want to be doing ANYTHING that remotely my disrupt this cruise. Though i am only 48 this month, when I graduated HS, I took off and did a lot of crazy stuff. Getting alot of that done in my youth, leaves me yearning for relaxation, though, IF I were alone on this cruise, I would do it!. Actually, it's not really a "crazy" thing to do at all, it''s rather mild for the adventurous type. But I thought... Man!, if one of my Daughters or Wife so much as sprains an ankle, such a small thing like that can hamper the rest of the cruise, big time. So I opted out. Rather, taking a cat for a day trip which I love. I also thought... I'm going to the Caribbean, for me, that means ocean, palm trees, liquor and cigars!, not to mention all the fun on that great ship!. So... I played it safe.

Now that being said, as I was at their age, I think Matt & Amanda (Our newly wed amigos from our last cruise) are some heavy duty adventurous types. They went for it and loved it, as I would have expected. Actually, everyone that went said it was great! I may reconsider now that my girls will be 13 1/2 and a month short of 18 at the time. I think we will revisit this. I need to talk to Matt and anyone else that went last time. Isn't there someone else? MamaPan? did you go?

mamapan
April 2nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Last cruise, I did a lot of research on Terry's tours (In Samana) and ALMOST did the El Limon falls/Horseback riding one. If Sanctioned through the ship, they wouldn't allow my daughter because she was too young, but we could have done a private trip with Terry and he would have let her go. At the last minute, I heard stories of the horses being tiny, weak, frail, and the walk up and down to the falls a bit rough. I think someone broke a leg or something once. For ME, that sort of trip is right up my alley, but I had to consider that I had my daughters (12 & 16) and I thought... hmmm...i dont want to be doing ANYTHING that remotely my disrupt this cruise. Though i am only 48 this month, when I graduated HS, I took off and did a lot of crazy stuff. Getting alot of that done in my youth, leaves me yearning for relaxation, though, IF I were alone on this cruise, I would do it!. Actually, it's not really a "crazy" thing to do at all, it''s rather mild for the adventurous type. But I thought... Man!, if one of my Daughters or Wife so much as sprains an ankle, such a small thing like that can hamper the rest of the cruise, big time. So I opted out. Rather, taking a cat for a day trip which I love. I also thought... I'm going to the Caribbean, for me, that means ocean, palm trees, liquor and cigars!, not to mention all the fun on that great ship!. So... I played it safe.

Now that being said, as I was at their age, I think Matt & Amanda (Our newly wed amigos from our last cruise) are some heavy duty adventurous types. They went for it and loved it, as I would have expected. Actually, everyone that went said it was great! I may reconsider now that my girls will be 13 1/2 and a month short of 18 at the time. I think we will revisit this. I need to talk to Matt and anyone else that went last time. Isn't there someone else? MamaPan? did you go?

Yes! My hubby & I went on the horseback trip too and it was amazing. I will also say that it was STRENUOUS and my husband and I are very active in karate and not couch potato types. I did not the find the horses to be frail or weak at all - they are small but considering the terrain they are living on, it is to be expected and a regular sized "American" horse would have great difficulty navigating the trail to El Limon. The trail was very rough and slippery and they handled it admirably. One fool that was with our group (but not on our cruise) made the mistake of smacking the horse's flank as we approached the camp and the horse responded by taking off at a gallop and throwing him. He was apparently uninjured and after he cleaned up he & his girlfriend took off on their moped. Another man in our group was clearly in distress - very large man, heavy smoker & diabetic to boot - the trip was way too much for him. I would say if you are healthy & in good shape you'll be fine. I would have been comfortable taking my 14 year old daughter had she been with us. My guide was wonderful. I speak "caveman Spanish" he spoke no English, but he took the time to speak slowly to me & we talked about all of the different plants & animals around the area. I explained I was very nervous about riding a horse and he was always certain to check with me every few minutes to make sure I was ok. I felt like I was in very good hands the whole time. The feast we had at the end of our trip was outstanding...I just can't drink a regular Coke now without wishing I had one made with real cane sugar in a glass bottle like we had there!

While I loved El Limon, I want to see something else this time - ATV, beach, snorkeling...something like that.

12vman
April 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Yes! My hubby & I went on the horseback trip too and it was amazing. I will also say that it was STRENUOUS.........
......While I loved El Limon, I want to see something else this time - ATV, beach, snorkeling...something like that.

I find that most of the time in my life when people try to warn me of something, it usually ends up being...over blown.

Sounds like a great time, but I think I'll miss my sail/snorkel trip.
I love the Sea!.

bschoon60
April 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Wanted everyone to know that I just registered for the Meet and Mingle - never got an answer from RCI about what was wrong, but none the less it's fixed. Does anyone know how many people are now signed up?:confused:

Does anyone have plans for San Juan?

krhnbt
April 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Wanted everyone to know that I just registered for the Meet and Mingle - never got an answer from RCI about what was wrong, but none the less it's fixed. Does anyone know how many people are now signed up?:confused:

Hi Barb..

Thanks for the tip that the Meet & Mingle was working again, I gave it a try, and was able to register..it says there are now 18 people registered..so we should not have any problem getting to the 25 minimum. Our last group that sailed in Oct had 189 in the M & M. Not sure what we are doing in Puerto Rico yet since we are not there very long....we may just check out the fort and walk around the shop and the side streets where alot of the vendors and shops are...

Karen

smooth_sailin
April 4th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I am relying on the experiences of all of you who have been to San Juan before to recommend the best options. That's a great resource! I act like a filter for information in my house; the stuff that makes it past the "filter" (me) gets to DH, who ultimately makes the final decision. But he's choosing from the few that I've already chosen, so it's a win-win in our house! :p

Dena

laskoske
April 4th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hey, Raj,

According to your countdown clock, you are less than 200 days away from your vacation. Congratulations!:D

And we just passed post 600!

Ernie

laskoske
April 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Hi Barb..

Thanks for the tip that the Meet & Mingle was working again, I gave it a try, and was able to register..it says there are now 18 people registered..so we should not have any problem getting to the 25 minimum. Our last group that sailed in Oct had 189 in the M & M. Not sure what we are doing in Puerto Rico yet since we are not there very long....we may just check out the fort and walk around the shop and the side streets where a lot of the vendors and shops are...

Karen

Hey, Karen,

I'm glad that you were able to sign up for the Meet & Mingle and I am doubly glad that it wasn't the problem with our TA that caused it.

We are unsure about the Puerto Rico stop, we don't want it to be a wasted port, but coming in at that time doesn't leave much to do. There are some sections that you would not want to be in after dark. I would love to try something very authentically Puerto Rican, I think that Ed is still working on that for us.

I still caution people about that Bacardi Factory rip off tour, it just wasn't worth it to us as well as many people I spoke with later. I hope that there are no other large ships in port with us that day. Last time, they would not let us into the duty free dock because a Carnival ship was given first preference. That wasn't fair. There are the best prices for liquor there at that dock, lots of free samples, too!:D

Ernie

laskoske
April 4th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Hi, Barb,

I am glad that you were able to alert people for that Meet & Mingle sign up, it got both you and Karen entered now. We are always happy when someone is the first to alert us with news, sometimes it can mean getting a bargain before it is gone.

Speaking of which, has everyone signed up for the Royal Caribbean Visa credit card yet? It doesn't pay not to! You can get either $100 or $150 onboard credit, which can almost buy your drinks for the first day!:rolleyes:

Hey, is it too soon to start the events list? Last year I had an ongoing events list that had people's birthdays, anniversaries, special days which were being celebrated on and around our cruise. All you have to do is let me know what you are celebrating, what your screen name is, and the name of the person who is celebrating that day. The date doesn't have to be exactly on the cruise itself, a month plus or minus is fine.

I'll go first to show you the format:

10-22 (laskoske) Ernie & Sharon's 23rd Anniversary

When I get another entry, I update the list to keep it in order, such as:

10-16 (krhnbt) Russ & Karen's Anniversary
10-27 (alleycat) Ally's Birthday
11-02 (mamapan) Jay's Birthday
11-04 (mamapan) Mamapan's son's Birthday
11-06 (sarkar) Kiran's Birthday
11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday

These were people from last year who are on this year's cruise also. Who's next? Just post your information and I will put it in order on the list. It's fun to get wished a happy birthday or anniversary while on the ship.

Ernie

krhnbt
April 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Hey, Karen,

I'm glad that you were able to sign up for the Meet & Mingle and I am doubly glad that it wasn't the problem with our TA that caused it.

We are unsure about the Puerto Rico stop, we don't want it to be a wasted port, but coming in at that time doesn't leave much to do. There are some sections that you would not want to be in after dark. I would love to try something very authentically Puerto Rican, I think that Ed is still working on that for us.

I still caution people about that Bacardi Factory rip off tour, it just wasn't worth it to us as well as many people I spoke with later. I hope that there are no other large ships in port with us that day. Last time, they would not let us into the duty free dock because a Carnival ship was given first preference. That wasn't fair. There are the best prices for liquor there at that dock, lots of free samples, too!:D

Ernie

I posted my Puerto Rico plans on the wrong board, should have been on the May 26th board. We are only in PR from 7AM-1PM then..sorry got all confused. Not sure what we will do in PR for the Oct cruise since we are there late afternoon into the evening...Thanks for the tip on the Bacardi Factory..I will make sure I pass that on the Russ.

Karen

mamapan
April 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I still caution people about that Bacardi Factory rip off tour, it just wasn't worth it to us as well as many people I spoke with later.
Ernie

Bacardi tour stinks out loud. Definitely a rip off & not enough free samples at the end to make up for the loss of hours of my life.

mamapan
April 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hi, Barb,

09-14 (mamapan) 20th wedding anniversary - we're waiting to celebrate on board!!! :D
11-04 (mamapan) Andre's (son) Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure) :p

Ernie

It's a busy time of year for my family!

bschoon60
April 5th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, Barb,

Hey, is it too soon to start the events list? Last year I had an ongoing events list that had people's birthdays, anniversaries, special days which were being celebrated on and around our cruise. All you have to do is let me know what you are celebrating, what your screen name is, and the name of the person who is celebrating that day. The date doesn't have to be exactly on the cruise itself, a month plus or minus is fine.

11-04 (mamapan) Mamapan's son's Birthday

These were people from last year who are on this year's cruise also. Who's next? Just post your information and I will put it in order on the list. It's fun to get wished a happy birthday or anniversary while on the ship.

Ernie

We are taking this cruise in celebration of our 30th anniverary :eek: which is August 22nd. We will also be celebrating our oldest daughter Keri's birthday on October 30th - she will be in Boston working/going to grad school, so we will be celebrating in absentia!:D

bschoon60
April 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
We have been investigating the tours at Legends of pr .com. We 'd like to walk around on our own but at 4 PM into the evening we aren't sure about how safe that would be.....any thoughts?:confused:

laskoske
April 5th, 2011, 09:15 PM
We have been investigating the tours at Legends of pr .com. We 'd like to walk around on our own but at 4 PM into the evening we aren't sure about how safe that would be.....any thoughts?:confused:

I have heard that it is not very safe to wander around in the evening there. If you are very close to the ship, that 's fine, but touring Puerto Rico's different sections, no matter how much they may recommend it, doesn't sound very safe to me. And some people I know who have relatives there tell me the same, so I tend to believe them. I don't want Puerto Rico to be a blow off, but unless someone can come up with a safe and interesting tour, we may be just going to that duty free pier, then right back on the ship, which is also fine with me.

Sorry.

Ernie

laskoske
April 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Newest event list:

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
09-14 (mamapan) Amy & Jay's 20th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
10-30 (bschoon60) Barb's daughter Keri's Birthday
11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure)
11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday Ernie

laskoske
April 5th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Bacardi tour stinks out loud. Definitely a rip off & not enough free samples at the end to make up for the loss of hours of my life.

I agree! They give you two small drinks, then you tour the place and they allow you to SMELL the various rums (not taste), then the prices at the end are nowhere near bargains. I was expecting more of an outlet pricing but it wasn't any different than buying it on the islands.

Now you have been warned by a few people. If you take the tour and complain about it later, you'll have no one but yourselves to blame.

Ernie

sarkar
April 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Hey, Raj,

According to your countdown clock, you are less than 200 days away from your vacation. Congratulations!:D

And we just passed post 600!

Ernie

Dear Wonderful friends

as we only have 200 odd days to go

i have a question ?

what time we all planning to get on board

meet on sky bar for our first drinks

last time we got there about 11 and we did get on till 12.30

i think this time we will try to get to the port about 9ish

got to have our lunch trays ready right lol

got to get the fine detail sort lol

love you all

raj

sarkar
April 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I have heard that it is not very safe to wander around in the evening there. If you are very close to the ship, that 's fine, but touring Puerto Rico's different sections, no matter how much they may recommend it, doesn't sound very safe to me. And some people I know who have relatives there tell me the same, so I tend to believe them. I don't want Puerto Rico to be a blow off, but unless someone can come up with a safe and interesting tour, we may be just going to that duty free pier, then right back on the ship, which is also fine with me.

Sorry.

Ernie

dear mister mayor sir ji

last time we went to san juan we found a great place for drink and some very nice food

it was in the old part of town near the fort

we took load of picture which i have never looked at lol
could try to find the place name

i now my brother from another mother mr ed were planing such an evening
of drink local food and ohhh more drink

what you sawing lets get a group together and have a party mr mick

raj

laskoske
April 6th, 2011, 07:19 AM
dear mister mayor sir ji

last time we went to san juan we found a great place for drink and some very nice food

it was in the old part of town near the fort

we took load of picture which i have never looked at lol
could try to find the place name

i now my brother from another mother mr ed were planing such an evening
of drink local food and ohhh more drink

what you sawing lets get a group together and have a party mr mick

raj

Hey, Raj,

Yes, I know that Ed is trying to get something together, and it looks like it could be a good one, so I am very open to the new experience!

Safety in numbers always helps, also!

Ernie

laskoske
April 6th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Dear Wonderful friends

as we only have 200 odd days to go

i have a question ?

what time we all planning to get on board

meet on sky bar for our first drinks

last time we got there about 11 and we did get on till 12.30

i think this time we will try to get to the port about 9ish

got to have our lunch trays ready right lol

got to get the fine detail sort lol

love you all

raj

Raj,

We are possibly going to a hotel the night before, and if we do, we can get an early start and get there as early as possible to enjoy every second of this vacation!

And it will be good to see you again, my long lost brother! People can easily see our uncanny resemblance to each other.

Ernie

sarkar
April 6th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Raj,

We are possibly going to a hotel the night before, and if we do, we can get an early start and get there as early as possible to enjoy every second of this vacation!

And it will be good to see you again, my long lost brother! People can easily see our uncanny resemblance to each other.

Ernie

lol

only when we both have short on lol

yes you and ed sir ji are my brothers from another mother

we have together for a party pre cruise ...

kiran and i are hope to get in about the 21st or soon lol

raj

mamapan
April 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM
lol

only when we both have short on lol

raj

You & Ernie are so funny- all I can think of is the movie "Twins" with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito!

mamapan
April 6th, 2011, 09:28 AM
We are taking this cruise in celebration of our 30th anniverary :eek: which is August 22nd.

WOW! Happy anniversary!! I'm just excited to make 20 years.

Jay keeps telling me that if I had killed him on our wedding night, I'd be out of prison by now...:D

sarkar
April 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
You & Ernie are so funny- all I can think of is the movie "Twins" with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito!

thats it the mayor and i will be going as the twin in the parade ..... lol

good call

how about it mister mayor

raj

ps we need ed to come with us that will work we can still call ourself the twins with my english lol

bschoon60
April 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Jay keeps telling me that if I had killed him on our wedding night, I'd be out of prison by now...:D

My husband Steve was my older brother's friend and I've known him all my life. Started dating at 14 when I was a freshman and allowed to date. Been together ever since- 6.5 years of dating and 30 (in Aug.) of wedded bliss.

Karen - I just noticed your location is upstate New York - where are you from? I know someone is from Binghamton - is that you?:confused:

mamapan
April 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
My husband Steve was my older brother's friend and I've known him all my life. Started dating at 14 when I was a freshman and allowed to date. Been together ever since- 6.5 years of dating and 30 (in Aug.) of wedded bliss.

That's great - and very similar to our story! We met my freshman year of college when I was 18 (he was a junior, age 20) and dated for 5 years before we were married. I wouldn't agree to get married until I graduated college because I knew I'd never go back.

So what is your secret to 30 blissful years? Tell us amateurs how to do it!!:D

krhnbt
April 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Karen - I just noticed your location is upstate New York - where are you from? I know someone is from Binghamton - is that you?:confused:[/quote]

Barb..

We are about 15 miles northeast from Binghamton..just a small town named Harpursville...

smooth_sailin
April 6th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Hysterical!
We'll be married 34 yrs on 9/22... or is it 9/23. I have to ask DH, who always remembers. I think it's 9/22. I would have posted sooner if I could remember it! :eek: This is embarrassing.

How early can you board the ship? I'd love to get there & get started on our vacation early, but those pesky people that are debarking (or whatever they call it - sounds like what you do to a noisy dog) get in the way, don't they?

Dena

magaly63
April 6th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Hello again, Ernie and all...add us to the event list:
Gabby's birthday 10/8
Corrado's birthday 9/30 (does Sept count?)
We are also celebrating 30 years of marriage 11/15.....we also met at 14 and 16, highschool sweethearts.....married at 18 and 20! What were we thinking?? 25 year old twin sons, 1 lovely granddaughter and 30 years later we are still sleeping in the same bed...could do without the snoring but...:rolleyes:
The secret? no secret....., tollerance, LOVE, patience, LOVE, there are always up and downs, wait out the downs times.....
Gabby

bschoon60
April 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM
That's great - and very similar to our story! We met my freshman year of college when I was 18 (he was a junior, age 20) and dated for 5 years before we were married. I wouldn't agree to get married until I graduated college because I knew I'd never go back.

So what is your secret to 30 blissful years? Tell us amateurs how to do it!!:D

Nothing profound - just a sense of humor!:)

bschoon60
April 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=krhnbt;28660732
Barb..
We are about 15 miles northeast from Binghamton..just a small town named Harpursville...[/QUOTE]

We have dear friends in Chenango Forks - they live on the Chenango River.

Dragonclaw
April 6th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Ernie,
Add us (dragonclaw) 11/1 25th anniversary Paul and Sue

smooth_sailin
April 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Nothing profound - just a sense of humor!:)

And it helps that your hearing and eyesight start to fade as you get older! :p

Dena

laskoske
April 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi Ernie,
Add us (dragonclaw) 11/1 25th anniversary Paul and Sue

Done!

Here is the most recent list, let me know if there are any typos, misspellings, inaccuracies, etc:

09-22 (or 23!) Dena and John's 34th Anniversary
09-30 (magaly63) Corado's Birthday
10-08 (magaly63) Gabby's Birthday
11-01 (dragonclaw) Paul & Sue's 25th Anniversary
11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure)
11-15 (magaly63) Gabby's 30th Anniversary
11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday Ernie

smooth_sailin
April 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Done!

Here is the most recent list, let me know if there are any typos, misspellings, inaccuracies, etc:

I see MANY MANY toasts ahead!

D.

12vman
April 7th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Done!

Here is the most recent list,

My Daughter Gabrielle turns 18 on 11/9/11

laskoske
April 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM

Hey, Ed, You finally came out of hiding!

I'll make sure that Gabrielle makes the list!

Ernie

krhnbt
April 7th, 2011, 07:53 AM
We have dear friends in Chenango Forks - they live on the Chenango River.

That's just down the road from us....small world isn't it!

Karen

12vman
April 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hey, Ed, You finally came out of hiding!

I'll make sure that Gabrielle makes the list!

Ernie

How were all your recent trips Ernie Trump? :o)
(flying all over...to see concerts and Broadway shows)

laskoske
April 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
How were all your recent trips Ernie Trump? :o)
(flying all over...to see concerts and Broadway shows)

Tonight is Firefall, Pure Prairie League and Poco.

Life is good!:D

It's good to see all the activity on this board finally!

Ernie

mamapan
April 7th, 2011, 09:09 AM
How early can you board the ship? I'd love to get there & get started on our vacation early, but those pesky people that are debarking (or whatever they call it - sounds like what you do to a noisy dog) get in the way, don't they?

Dena

LOL - We've boarded as early as 11:30-12 and still were not even close to being the first ones on board.

Gosh those annoying people...they DO get in the way. ;)

mamapan
April 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Dena

Love it!!

My secret to 20 years is...earplugs.

Jay snores horribly and I don't function well when I don't sleep!

bschoon60
April 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Dena

That's some of the stuff you need to have a sense of humor about!

smooth_sailin
April 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM
That's some of the stuff you need to have a sense of humor about!

I am the oldest of four daughters and was the first to marry. As my sisters got married my DH, John, pulled each new bro-in-law to the side and gave them a life lesson in a happy marriage. "Okay, repeat after me: 'I was wrong, I'm sorry, it will never happen again.'" So funny! :p

billsjude
April 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Ernie,
I see this board is hopping like last year. We are going on 11/3 out of Baltimore Enchantment. Would you please send me the pricing and deals you got for this year for comparison. I can't locate the email. You should still have my email address. I hope all is well with you and Sharon. Take care.

Judy :)

mamapan
April 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I am the oldest of four daughters and was the first to marry. As my sisters got married my DH, John, pulled each new bro-in-law to the side and gave them a life lesson in a happy marriage. "Okay, repeat after me: 'I was wrong, I'm sorry, it will never happen again.'" So funny! :p

Ah yes, my husband must have gotten that same talk because he will say:

Yes, my dear. You were right.

or

You were right, my dear.

sarkar
April 7th, 2011, 04:52 PM
all this talk of wedding anniversary

i sorry we have been married now for 18 old years

i can't remember exactly but its be fun

my line always was we people asked .... how married life was ?

the reply till today has always been .... it has never effected my real one lol ......

raj

laskoske
April 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
all this talk of wedding anniversary

i sorry we have been married now for 18 old years

i can't remember exactly but its be fun

my line always was we people asked .... how married life was ?

the reply till today has always been .... it has never effected my real one lol ......

raj

Raj,

Are you saying that you are sorry you have been married for 18 years?

Don't let Kiran read your message!:rolleyes:

Ernie

12vman
April 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I was wrong, I'm sorry, it will never happen again.'"

I prefer Johnny Carson's idea that...
"The best thing for marriage...is distance".

sarkar
April 8th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Raj,

Are you saying that you are sorry you have been married for 18 years?

Don't let Kiran read your message!:rolleyes:

Ernie

dear mayor sir ji

no i am not saying that .... lol :)

i just saying it never effected my real one ;)

anyway when the pre cruise party people

we will be in the new jersey a week before the cruise
come on team we missed all the one this year ......

Mickman promised :rolleyes:
and Karen said its always 5 o clock some were ........

we only got 195 days to go

my god i have to pack

raj

sarkar
April 8th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I prefer Johnny Carson's idea that...
"The best thing for marriage...is distance".

i think that may be true

but as for us were only a staircase away from each other .....

i long for those 10 hour a part lol :o

laskoske
April 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Hi Ernie,
I see this board is hopping like last year. We are going on 11/3 out of Baltimore Enchantment. Would you please send me the pricing and deals you got for this year for comparison. I can't locate the email. You should still have my email address. I hope all is well with you and Sharon. Take care.

Judy :)

Hi, Judy,

I sent whatever rates and perks I got out to you last night, but it may be difficult to compare them, since they are two different ships with two different price structures. I hope it helps.

How's Bill's arm? If it were stronger last year, maybe we could have won on those slot machines!:mad:

Ernie

laskoske
April 8th, 2011, 07:41 AM
LOL - We've boarded as early as 11:30-12 and still were not even close to being the first ones on board.

Gosh those annoying people...they DO get in the way. ;)

Watch out, Amy, remember that WE will be those annoying people on November 5 :(

Ernie

laskoske
April 8th, 2011, 07:48 AM

Here's the latest event list, which includes the almost legal Gabrielle. Okay, Gabrielle, maybe NEXT cruise I will buy you a drink!:rolleyes:

11-09 (12vman) Gabrielle's 18th Birthday (still can't drink on this cruise!)
11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday

Ernie

mamapan
April 8th, 2011, 08:08 AM

Ernie

Impossible. We are too good of a group for that. :p

laskoske
April 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28683193#post28683193)

Ernie

Impossible. We are too good of a group for that. :p

Of course, I should have taken that fact into consideration!:D

Actually, I don't want to even THINK about November 5, unless it is the day that we start planning our NEXT cruise!:D

Ernie

Mickman1959
April 8th, 2011, 09:48 AM

Sorry.

Ernie

Hey maybe we have a spanish theme party on board that day!

bschoon60
April 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Hey maybe we have a spanish theme party on board that day!

Has anyone done a Bio Bay tour - it seems perfect for our time frame, but the one tour operator I found doesn't work on Sundays! I'm still investigating, but if anyone has any information, that would be great.

Barb

PS - ERNIE Maybe you should add the DH to the anniversary list - his name is Steve - he's not as much fun as I am, but without him there's nothing to celebrate!

smooth_sailin
April 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Of course, I should have taken that fact into consideration!:D

Actually, I don't want to even THINK about November 5, unless it is the day that we start planning our NEXT cruise!:D

Ernie

SUPER like!
D.

smooth_sailin
April 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Has anyone done a Bio Bay tour - it seems perfect for our time frame, but the one tour operator I found doesn't work on Sundays! I'm still investigating, but if anyone has any information, that would be great.

Barb

Barb this is EXACTLY what I want to do in PR. There are only five places in the world with bioluminescent pools, and three of them are in Puerto Rico!

Given our odd time in port maybe the ship will set up an excursion. I may even send an email offering the suggestion, so RCL knows that there is interest. I'll report back, so others can do the same if I receive any encouragement.

Our weird arrival time on a day when stores and sights may/may not be open to begin with may leave us with few options. As others have said, unless you know your way around, barhopping or wandering aimlessly may not be the safest activity. Sunset that day is around 5:50 pm, so we will only have about 90 minutes of daylight. Leaves fewer options still...

Dena

mamapan
April 8th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Barb this is EXACTLY what I want to do in PR. There are only five places in the world with bioluminescent pools, and three of them are in Puerto Rico!

Given our odd time in port maybe the ship will set up an excursion. I may even send an email offering the suggestion, so RCL knows that there is interest. I'll report back, so others can do the same if I receive any encouragement.

Dena

YES PLEASE!! This sounds like exactly the kind of thing Jay & I would love!

bschoon60
April 8th, 2011, 06:27 PM

Dena:

You email RCCL and I'll keep investigating - I'll go on the San Juan Boards and ask if anyone can recommend a tour guide if the ship doesn't come through. I guess the moon phase is suppose to be good for viewing the pools.

Barb

smooth_sailin
April 8th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Dena:

You email RCCL and I'll keep investigating - I'll go on the San Juan Boards and ask if anyone can recommend a tour guide if the ship doesn't come through. I guess the moon phase is suppose to be good for viewing the pools.

Barb

Yes, all the stars will be aligned... this is the dawning of the AGE of AQUARIUS (or something like that)

I did email RCL; we will see what they say. I told them that "everyone on the CruiseCritic roll call for this cruise was interested in this," so let's talk it up, ghosts. This is a once in a lifetime, "bucket list" type experience!

Dena

magaly63
April 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
4 more that would LOVE to take part in the bioluminescent pool tour, please!
Gabby

smooth_sailin
April 9th, 2011, 07:02 AM
My SetSail pass is ready to be printed this morning!

Seems early... but what the heck, one step closer to sailing!

Dena

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Dena

Wow, you really are eager, Dena! I usually wait until much closer to the trip just in case we get a chance to upgrade to a better room, which we have done on most cruises. But I guess you could always print out a new SetSail pass if that were to happen.

With my luck, I would probably lose the printed pass well before the trip!:rolleyes:

Glad to see the excitement!:D

Ernie

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM

Barb

PS - ERNIE Maybe you should add the DH to the anniversary list - his name is Steve - he's not as much fun as I am, but without him there's nothing to celebrate!

Got it! I knew his name, but forgot to add it, oops!

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)

smooth_sailin
April 9th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Wow, you really are eager, Dena! I usually wait until much closer to the trip just in case we get a chance to upgrade to a better room, which we have done on most cruises. But I guess you could always print out a new SetSail pass if that were to happen.

With my luck, I would probably lose the printed pass well before the trip!:rolleyes:

Glad to see the excitement!:D

Ernie

We've never gotten the offer of an upgrade, not in 7 cruises. Is there a way to make it known that one is interested?

sarkar
April 9th, 2011, 12:20 PM

Dena

lol

i thought i start packing tomorrow ......

raj

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
We've never gotten the offer of an upgrade, not in 7 cruises. Is there a way to make it known that one is interested?

Not exactly an offer of an upgrade, I just constantly watch the prices, and when they fall (as they always do) I contact my TA and say that the prices fell, and I will either get the lower price or upgrade myself to a better room for the same price, sometimes even lower. Last year I started with an outside cabin at a certain amount, the price dropped and I upgraded to an E2 balcony room for less money, then the price dropped again and I got an even better room, I think in the D category, for less than what I would have paid for the original outside cabin. So that's what I meant by upgrades.

They never just call you out of the blue and say, "Hey Dena, we have a better room for you" (especially since my name is Ernie:rolleyes:), but with some research, we can usually get it. Last year I somehow got the credit from our group for alerting them when the price dropped, which was nice, but I didn't deserve any credit, I just happened to see it first. I am sure everyone would have noticed it at some point, People saved lots of money on that one!

Ernie

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
lol

raj

You slacker! Why wait until tomorrow, start packing now!

(ooh, post 666, I hope no one is superstitious).

Ernie

smooth_sailin
April 9th, 2011, 03:18 PM
lol

raj

Funny! :p

bschoon60
April 9th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone:

The sun is finally shining here in Western/Upstate New York - currently 60 degrees! :)

I have emailed 4 different companies about bio bay tours - have heard back from one and will report back when I hear from the others. I copies and pasted the following from one of the tour operators page - This tour does not run on Sundays, it is a law that the operator must be closed one day a week.
I have been finding that these tours don't operate on Sundays...the statement above may be why - which leads me to wonder - what is there going to be to do? It sounds like wandering around like a tourist isn't the safest thing to do......hmm, hopefully Dena will hear something more encouraging from the cruiseline.

Ernie, didn't you go to some concert this weekend? How was it?

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone:

The sun is finally shining here in Western/Upstate New York - currently 60 degrees! :)

I have emailed 4 different companies about bio bay tours - have heard back from one and will report back when I hear from the others. I copies and pasted the following from one of the tour operators page - This tour does not run on Sundays, it is a law that the operator must be closed one day a week.
I have been finding that these tours don't operate on Sundays...the statement above may be why - which leads me to wonder - what is there going to be to do? It sounds like wandering around like a tourist isn't the safest thing to do......hmm, hopefully Dena will hear something more encouraging from the cruiseline.

Ernie, didn't you go to some concert this weekend? How was it?

Hey, Barb,

Yes, we saw Firefall, Pure Prairie League and Poco. Only some of the original group members remain, but their style, harmonies and songs remain the same, which was AWESOME! Rusty Young was fantastic, and as an encore they did a song from Buffalo Springfield (one of my all time favorite groups which began the era of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Loggins & Messina, Poco, Eagles, many more. They are three of Sharon's favorite groups, and I got her these tickets last June! Well worth the wait. (Unlike those dinners on the ship, which are well worth the weight!:rolleyes:).

I am hoping that we find something to do in Puerto Rico on a Sunday. That is a rotten itinerary, and RC should do something to make that port more interesting for us, does anyone agree? There had better not be another ship in port and risk the chance of closing that duty free dock to us, that is one of the best duty free places on our trip.

Ernie

bschoon60
April 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Ernie:

You and Sharon must be about my age - I am a HUGE Eagles fan, love Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (my favorite is Young) and listen to Loggins & Messina in college so much I bought Kenny Loggins lullaby cd for my kids (did you know he had one?).

Although we have lots of time to plan, I'm thinking we buy booze, go back to the ship and have that spanish themed party someone suggested earlier!

Have a great weekend.

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Ernie:

You and Sharon must be about my age - I am a HUGE Eagles fan, love Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (my favorite is Young) and listen to Loggins & Messina in college so much I bought Kenny Loggins lullaby cd for my kids (did you know he had one?).

Although we have lots of time to plan, I'm thinking we buy booze, go back to the ship and have that spanish themed party someone suggested earlier!

Have a great weekend.

Mike suggested the Spanish themed party. Wait until you meet him and Julie, they are great!

As for ages, I am 59 (I act 29), Sharon is 54 but she will be 55 by the time the cruise rolls around, and she will kill me if she knew that I said that!

Yes, I knew that Kenny Loggins had that CD, I have it. I actually own over 8000 CDs (yes, it is a sickness!) To put myself through college, I worked in the summers in a record factory. Music is in my blood! I do not own an Ipod, the music is constantly in my head. When I am at the beach, I go for walks, I play an entire Beatles album in my head, and when it is finished, I know that it is time to turn around and play another one while I walk back. Note for note! As I said, it is a sickness, but a sickness that I live and love!

Having started college in the summer of 1969, I grew up on Woodstock, Beatles, Early folk-rock, Bob Dylan, British invasion, psychedelic music, prog rock, etc. I love talking about music, the roots of the music of the 60s, who was in each group, where they went afterward, etc. I play games constantly with the people at my work, and they think my head is filled with such trivial useless knowledge, but I can't help it! I also love the 80s music as my second choice, that's when my kids grew up.

But that's just me!:o

Ernie

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Do you guys realize that in a few hours, we will be at less than 200 days before our cruise??????:D

Ernie

bschoon60
April 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Mike suggested the Spanish themed party. Wait until you meet him and Julie, they are great!

As for ages, I am 59 (I act 29), Sharon is 54 but she will be 55 by the time the cruise rolls around, and she will kill me if she knew that I said that!

You are a bit older than us - we will be 51 and 53 at cruise time. You certainly have a lot of CD's ~ I tell my kids they miss so much by only playing or rather downloading one song from a CD - you need to hear the whole thing - it's a story in a way, but they don't get it. I'm a big fan of the 70's singer songwriters - Carole King, Carly Simon, James Taylor - have a lot of their music.......

laskoske
April 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
You are a bit older than us - we will be 51 and 53 at cruise time. You certainly have a lot of CD's ~ I tell my kids they miss so much by only playing or rather downloading one song from a CD - you need to hear the whole thing - it's a story in a way, but they don't get it. I'm a big fan of the 70's singer songwriters - Carole King, Carly Simon, James Taylor - have a lot of their music.......

A "bit older," don't rub it in, Barb!!:D Actually I am proud to be this age, I don't look it and certainly don't act it! By the time the cruise comes around, I will be a few months shy of 60 (and that's the only thing shy about me, just ask last year's East Ghost Explorers!).

If you might want certain music, just let me know, I might have it and I can make a copy for you. Just ask!

And you are right about the whole record (or CD) telling the story. Many albums are concept albums, needing to be played from beginning to end to be understood and appreciated. When one song is downloaded, it sounds good on its own but you miss the whole feeling it was meant to give you.

Thank you for educating your kids about this!

Ernie

smooth_sailin
April 10th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Having started college in the summer of 1969, I grew up on Woodstock, Beatles, Early folk-rock, Bob Dylan, British invasion, psychedelic music, prog rock, etc. I love talking about music, the roots of the music of the 60s, who was in each group, where they went afterward, etc. I play games constantly with the people at my work, and they think my head is filled with such trivial useless knowledge, but I can't help it! I also love the 80s music as my second choice, that's when my kids grew up.

But that's just me!:o

Ernie

Boy are we going to get along great. Other than movies there is nothing we like to talk about more than music! Okay, maybe birds...

Dena

laskoske
April 10th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Boy are we going to get along great. Other than movies there is nothing we like to talk about more than music! Okay, maybe birds...

Dena

Looking forward to it!!:D

But unless the movies are older, you will leave me way behind in the movie category. I can't remember the last movie I saw, and certainly can't remember the last time I actually went to a movie, it has to be years ago! :o

Ernie

12vman
April 10th, 2011, 07:31 AM
lol

raj

Careful Raj...
Ernie may mistake that to mean you're "Playing for the other team" now!

.... heh-heh

12vman
April 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM

Dena

I'm a BIG movie guy! (no fat jokes Ernie)

12vman
April 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
10 seconds untill 199 days!

bschoon60
April 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
ONLY 199 DAYS - my how time flies!

Okay all you nature lovers - I have found a company that operates a bio bay tour on SUNDAY!!!! Not sure of the details, although I have sent off an email to them. I will let everyone know what the scoop is when I hear back.

This tour is on the bio bay called Laguna Grande in Fajardo. This is the 2nd best bio bay in the area, the best one in Vieques is not available to us as it is on another island and requires an overnight stay.

Keep checking back for info, I am cautiously optimistic.

laskoske
April 10th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Careful Raj...
Ernie may mistake that to mean you're "Playing for the other team" now!

.... heh-heh

Five minutes after I've read this and I'm STILL laughing!:eek::D

Ernie

laskoske
April 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by smooth_sailin http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28707504#post28707504)

Dena

I'm a BIG movie guy! (no fat jokes Ernie)

I can't do any fat jokes about you, Ed, you said you would be 199 by 10-27-11, so I will barely be able to SEE you!

Ernie

laskoske
April 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
ONLY 199 DAYS - my how time flies!

Okay all you nature lovers - I have found a company that operates a bio bay tour on SUNDAY!!!! Not sure of the details, although I have sent off an email to them. I will let everyone know what the scoop is when I hear back.

This tour is on the bio bay called Laguna Grande in Fajardo. This is the 2nd best bio bay in the area, the best one in Vieques is not available to us as it is on another island and requires an overnight stay.

Keep checking back for info, I am cautiously optimistic.

Keep up the good work on that one, Barb.

Hey, where are the rest of the people on this board? Cat got your fingers?

Ernie

sarkar
April 11th, 2011, 07:08 AM
GOOOOOODDDDD MMMMMOOOORRRRRRNNNNNNNIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG

EAST COASTERS

Whats going on ?

had a good weekend

raj

12vman
April 11th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Ernie

I knew you would enjoy that one, it was.... "right UP your Alley!" :o)

Mickman1959
April 11th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Keep up the good work on that one, Barb.

Hey, where are the rest of the people on this board? Cat got your fingers?

Ernie

I think I can
I think I can
I think I can

Yep just testing out the fingers.....lol! We've been busy and haven't gotten a chance to get on the computer very often lately. That will change soon. Julie and I met with two couples Sunday that are very interested in going on the cruise.

I think the Spanish theme party in PR might be the ticket if there are no viable tours. If we take myself, you Mr. Mayor, Ed, Raj and Russ we can form our own Mariachi band and call ourselves The East Ghost Mighty Mariachi's! We could probably lip sync our way to Royal Caribbean cruise stardom!

bschoon60
April 11th, 2011, 04:20 PM
For the first time in 7 months we reached the high temperature of 70 degrees!!!! Hooray!

bschoon60
April 11th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Mike -

You list your location as Upstate New York - where abouts?

laskoske
April 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can

Yep just testing out the fingers.....lol! We've been busy and haven't gotten a chance to get on the computer very often lately. That will change soon. Julie and I met with two couples Sunday that are very interested in going on the cruise.

I think the Spanish theme party in PR might be the ticket if there are no viable tours. If we take myself, you Mr. Mayor, Ed, Raj and Russ we can form our own Mariachi band and call ourselves The East Ghost Mighty Mariachi's! We could probably lip sync our way to Royal Caribbean cruise stardom!

But I am Polish, so can we have a Mariachsky band?

Glad to hear that your fingers still work after all this time, Mike! I have been involved in doing a three day training for 30 teachers and other agency folks, so I have been missing from the computer for a while. One more day of doing the presentations and I'll be back in circulation. Presenting for 30 adults is a challenge, but it's fun. And I'm tired. But it will be over tomorrow.

Keep working on that couple, the more the merrier. I'm working on another couple, our cousins from California. If we can get another 8 cabins sold, there will be another discount for them, in addition to their perks. So our first 8 cabin grouping is closed, but we can always open it up for the second group, right?

Ernie

laskoske
April 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28709855#post28709855)

Ernie

I knew you would enjoy that one, it was.... "right UP your Alley!" :o)

Ouch, that sounds painful!:D

Ernie

billsjude
April 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Hi All You Great People!

I am so sad we won't be on the cruise with you again this year. Looks like you will have a fantastic time. We booked 11/3 Enchantment out of Baltimore with some friends. And, Donna, Barbara and Mackenzie will be there as well. Maybe next year we will see you. Have a great time! Ernie, Raj, Ed, et al - ENJOY!!

Judy and Bill :)

laskoske
April 13th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hi All You Great People!

I am so sad we won't be on the cruise with you again this year. Looks like you will have a fantastic time. We booked 11/3 Enchantment out of Baltimore with some friends. And, Donna, Barbara and Mackenzie will be there as well. Maybe next year we will see you. Have a great time! Ernie, Raj, Ed, et al - ENJOY!!

Judy and Bill :)

You KNOW we will have a good time, Judy! And I hope you will have a really good time as well. I don't remember if I had sent out the pictures to Barbara, if you talk to her, ask her if I did, okay?

Thanks for thinking of us! Say hi to Bill for me.

Ernie

laskoske
April 13th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hey, Ed,

What's this crazy talk about not being able to make the June 4th Reunion?

I'm sure it's crazy talk, right?

Ernie

laskoske
April 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Even if we can't make an EGE reunion based around seeing the Explorer in Cape Liberty, we can still someohow try to all get together at another time, there are always possibilities.

Meanwhile, the days are beginning to get sunnier, lighter longer, a bit warmer, and I'm looking forward to six months of NICE!:D

I know that I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, which has the greatest prevalence of Season Affective Disorder for lack of sunlight, but I'm optimistic! (or do I have misty optics?)

Ernie

laskoske
April 14th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Even if we can't make an EGE reunion based around seeing the Explorer in Cape Liberty, we can still someohow try to all get together at another time, there are always possibilities.

Meanwhile, the days are beginning to get sunnier, lighter longer, a bit warmer, and I'm looking forward to six months of NICE!:D

I know that I live in northeastern Pennsylvania, which has the greatest prevalence of Season Affective Disorder for lack of sunlight, but I'm optimistic! (or do I have misty optics?)

Ernie

Oops, I meant Seasonal Affective Disorder, I guess it was either too early for me to type, or my optics were REALLY misty! :rolleyes:

Ernie

12vman
April 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hey, Ed,

What's this crazy talk about not being able to make the June 4th Reunion?

I'm sure it's crazy talk, right?

Ernie

Yea, that day (6/4) is booked for me.
I really think we need to shoot for Downtown NYC and watching the Ex leave from Battery Park, just too awesome of an idea i think.

Hey...

Has Jim joined us? has he decided to officially jump ship? JIM?
If so, get on that FB page!

Mickman1959
April 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Yea, that day (6/4) is booked for me.
I really think we need to shoot for Downtown NYC and watching the Ex leave from Battery Park, just too awesome of an idea i think.

Hey...

Has Jim joined us? has he decided to officially jump ship? JIM?
If so, get on that FB page!

Since we are all on the reunion committee when is the next big EGER 4 going to be?

Ernie I'm hearing rumors of a possible mini reunion this weekend is that true?

12vman
April 14th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Since we are all on the reunion committee when is the next big EGER 4 going to be?

Ernie I'm hearing rumors of a possible mini reunion this weekend is that true?

Mike,

The big one looks set for NYC but its the date that is an issue. We are trying to find a date that we can all make. A few folks were nice enough to suggest we try to move it to accommodate ME, which I am grateful for, but the bottom line is we pick a date that most can attend. Leigh & Ed Epple cant make 5/22 so we are next suggesting maybe 6/18. (see the facebook board where we are trying to get a consensus)

Mickman1959
April 14th, 2011, 11:21 AM
But I am Polish, so can we have a Mariachsky band?

Glad to hear that your fingers still work after all this time, Mike! I have been involved in doing a three day training for 30 teachers and other agency folks, so I have been missing from the computer for a while. One more day of doing the presentations and I'll be back in circulation. Presenting for 30 adults is a challenge, but it's fun. And I'm tired. But it will be over tomorrow.

Keep working on that couple, the more the merrier. I'm working on another couple, our cousins from California. If we can get another 8 cabins sold, there will be another discount for them, in addition to their perks. So our first 8 cabin grouping is closed, but we can always open it up for the second group, right?

Ernie

Polish huh? I'm Russian, Polish and Slavic. Yea I think we can have a Mariachsky band. We can do the Mariachsky Polka....lol!

We have to get someone in Raj's family to get married over here before the cruise so he can come over for a reunion party. Julie and I were thinking of going over the pond to London and visit but we are boycotting England until we get our invite to the Royal Weding. I sent a letter to the Queen Mum asking what's up with that!

What's this cocka that Ed is booked on the 4th of June. One word comes to mind (ED) cancel..... I ask you guys.... what more fun can you have than being with the East Ghosties at an officially sanctioned reunion?

Mickman1959
April 14th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Mike,

The big one looks set for NYC but its the date that is an issue. We are trying to find a date that we can all make. A few folks were nice enough to suggest we try to move it to accommodate ME, which I am grateful for, but the bottom line is we pick a date that most can attend. Leigh & Ed Epple cant make 5/22 so we are next suggesting maybe 6/18. (see the facebook board where we are trying to get a consensus)

I agree it would not be the same without you now. I'm sure we will come up with a date that everyone can attend. If the reunions keep getting bigger we might have to start having EGER-4 tee shirts printed up.

I'm going to post a pic of Julie and I at the smokers lounge on board ship soon as I can figure what file I saved it in...lol! I'll get on the f/b page and check it out. I've been so busy lately with our work budget and contract negotiations that I haven't really been here or on f/b as much as I want to but that should clear up soon. Julie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

sarkar
April 14th, 2011, 04:46 PM
We have to get someone in Raj's family to get married over here before the cruise so he can come over for a reunion party. Julie and I were thinking of going over the pond to London and visit but we are boycotting England until we get our invite to the Royal Weding. I sent a letter to the Queen Mum asking what's up with that!

hi mick

come over any time we will show you a good time baby ....

as for the wedding my brothers got invite he's friend's with the grooms dad ....

were watching on tv yah right i hope to be on a golf course as were of all that week .....

why don't you guys do reunion over the pound promise we have fun ....

talk soon

raj

laskoske
April 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM

hi mick

as for the wedding my brothers got invite he's friend's with the grooms dad ....

were watching on tv yah right i hope to be on a golf course as were of all that week .....

talk soon

raj

At some point there will be a mini-mini-reunion when we go across the pond to visit Libby. We will be sure to see you there, Raj and Kiran.:D

As for the Royal wedding, there was some controversy about where they would seat "The Mayor" and rather than upstaging the Royal Couple, the Queen asked if we could just send our regards, but stay home this one time, so they could keep all the limelight (or is that limeylight) for the Royal Family. Of course we understood completely and chose to honour Her Majesty's wishes .:rolleyes:

Ernie

laskoske
April 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM
We passed post 700.

If it were not for Facebook, we would be past post 800 by now.

Keep both sites alive!

Ernie

sarkar
April 15th, 2011, 03:18 AM
At some point there will be a mini-mini-reunion when we go across the pond to visit Libby. We will be sure to see you there, Raj and Kiran.:D

As for the Royal wedding, there was some controversy about where they would seat "The Mayor" and rather than upstaging the Royal Couple, the Queen asked if we could just send our regards, but stay home this one time, so they could keep all the limelight (or is that limeylight) for the Royal Family. Of course we understood completely and chose to honour Her Majesty's wishes .:rolleyes:

Ernie

can't wait to see you Mayor

as for the Wedding i heard on the grape vine that tv crews will be at your office for live comments as the event goes around the world .....

raj

laskoske
April 15th, 2011, 06:37 AM
can't wait to see you Mayor

as for the Wedding i heard on the grape vine that tv crews will be at your office for live comments as the event goes around the world .....

raj

They will feel right at home at my office, with all the original albums of the Lads from Liverpool all around my walls!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/BeatlesOffice.jpg

Ernie

Mickman1959
April 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM

hi mick

talk soon

raj

Raj,

Some day Julie and I are going to take you up on that offer. And I know it would be great fun! I played golf for the first time this year last Sunday and came out of it healthy ....lol! No pulled muscles at all but we did get slightly intoxicated when we were done and watching the end of the Masters. I will have to check to see if there are any golfing excursions on the cruise. I think there was one in the Dominican Repulic last time!

I think a East Ghost Reunion in England would be a great Idea. I still think we might get an invite to the big wedding. But unlike the Mayor, Julie and I would go anyway despite the Queen's objections.... we might have to consider wedding crashing!

laskoske
April 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Good morning, Fellow East Ghost Explorers,

We had another reunion last night, only six of us but still a reunion. It was really good to see each other again, and talk about the upcoming cruise. We took a great picture with all of us showing our Royal Caribbean Visa credit cards, but I can't post it because I don't want anyone to zoom in on it and get the numbers!

Looking forward to a summer reunion actually AT the Explorer. Who's joining us on the next one?

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/EGER4a.jpg

Next time we take a picture, I will have to ask Julie not to wear that TV hat of hers. She was trying it on to see if she should wear it to the Royal Wedding, she heard that they wear fancy hats to those things!

Ernie

laskoske
April 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Mike likes his appetizers, but was getting a little upset when he found out that he may have to share them with Julie!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/EGER4b.jpg

Ernie

laskoske
April 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
We saved the empty chair for Ed. But don't feel left out, gang, the empty chair was saved for you as well!

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/EGER4c.jpg

Ernie

12vman
April 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
They will feel right at home at my office, with all the original albums of the Lads from Liverpool all around my walls!

Ernie

Hmmm....with all the stuff on MY office walls,I don't have ONE Beatles item!
and YOU, don't have one item that I have on MY wall! :-)

OK, I'll have to get one. I used to have two Beatles items on my wall, but I sold them. The original "Yesterday" 45 and the Original "When the Saints go marching in" 45.

sarkar
April 16th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Raj,

Some day Julie and I are going to take you up on that offer. And I know it would be great fun! I played golf for the first time this year last Sunday and came out of it healthy ....lol! No pulled muscles at all but we did get slightly intoxicated when we were done and watching the end of the Masters. I will have to check to see if there are any golfing excursions on the cruise. I think there was one in the Dominican Repulic last time!

I think a East Ghost Reunion in England would be a great Idea. I still think we might get an invite to the big wedding. But unlike the Mayor, Julie and I would go anyway despite the Queen's objections.... we might have to consider wedding crashing!

mike come any time everyone is welcome

as for the golf we can always play in jersey my uncle an golfer too

i have to start swing my clubs again (that clubs mr mayor and ed not club)

i got to get my handicap to 24 at least before i play with you guys lol

love the pictures from the eos 4

when are you guys getting some new dees to the meeting

raj

laskoske
April 17th, 2011, 12:24 AM
mike come any time everyone is welcome

as for the golf we can always play in jersey my uncle an golfer too

i have to start swing my clubs again (that clubs mr mayor and ed not club)

i got to get my handicap to 24 at least before i play with you guys lol

love the pictures from the eos 4

when are you guys getting some new dees to the meeting

raj

Sorry, Raj,

I may need a translation on that last one.

Ernie

sarkar
April 17th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Sorry, Raj,

I may need a translation on that last one.

Ernie

It's an continuation of what Mr Ed said lol

raj

12vman
April 17th, 2011, 07:37 AM
It's an continuation of what Mr Ed said lol

raj

OK, now i need MY translator!

sarkar
April 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
OK, now i need MY translator!

Oh you Boy's are to funny ........
:cool:

raj

laskoske
April 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hey, Rich, Barb, Dena, Gabby, Amy, Sue, Kit, and others that have not been heard from in a while;

Where are you guys? I hope you haven't lost interest in the boards or the cruise. I'm hoping that you are still reading the posts even if you are not posting yourselves. It would be good to hear from everyone and to get pictures posted, events listed, etc. Have you all signed up for the Meet & Mingle? Last I checked, there were still only 18 signed up.

Instructions for signing up for the Picasa picture page and other things were on page 20, post #385.

I think this is the most recent event list:

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard) 09-14 (mamapan) Amy & Jay's 20th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard) 09-22 (or 23!) Dena and John's 34th Anniversary 09-30 (magaly63) Corado's Birthday 10-08 (magaly63) Gabby's Birthday 10-16 (krhnbt) Russ & Karen's Anniversary 10-22 (laskoske) Ernie & Sharon's 23rd Anniversary 10-27 (alleycat) Ally's Birthday 10-30 (bschoon60) Barb's daughter Keri's Birthday 11-01 (dragonclaw) Paul & Sue's 25th Anniversary 11-02 (mamapan) Jay's Birthday 11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure) 11-06 (sarkar) Kiran's Birthday 11-09 (12vman) Gabrielle's 18th Birthday (still can't drink on this cruise!) 11-15 (magaly63) Gabby's 30th Anniversary 11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday 11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday
Let's hear from some people!!:)

Ernie

laskoske
April 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hey, Rich, Barb, Dena, Gabby, Amy, Sue, Kit, and others that have not been heard from in a while;

Where are you guys? I hope you haven't lost interest in the boards or the cruise. I'm hoping that you are still reading the posts even if you are not posting yourselves. It would be good to hear from everyone and to get pictures posted, events listed, etc. Have you all signed up for the Meet & Mingle? Last I checked, there were still only 18 signed up.

Instructions for signing up for the Picasa picture page and other things were on page 20, post #385.

I think this is the most recent event list:

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard) 09-14 (mamapan) Amy & Jay's 20th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard) 09-22 (or 23!) Dena and John's 34th Anniversary 09-30 (magaly63) Corado's Birthday 10-08 (magaly63) Gabby's Birthday 10-16 (krhnbt) Russ & Karen's Anniversary 10-22 (laskoske) Ernie & Sharon's 23rd Anniversary 10-27 (alleycat) Ally's Birthday 10-30 (bschoon60) Barb's daughter Keri's Birthday 11-01 (dragonclaw) Paul & Sue's 25th Anniversary 11-02 (mamapan) Jay's Birthday 11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure) 11-06 (sarkar) Kiran's Birthday 11-09 (12vman) Gabrielle's 18th Birthday (still can't drink on this cruise!) 11-15 (magaly63) Gabby's 30th Anniversary 11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday 11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday
Let's hear from some people!!:)

Ernie

Let's try this again, I don't like how that list printed.

Ernie

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)

laskoske
April 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Let's try this again, I don't like how that list printed.

Ernie

That's better!:)

Ernie

smooth_sailin
April 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I've been following the posts, all signed up for the M&M too. Still no word from RCCL about an excursion to bio bay, but I'll report if/when they decide to respond. It's been over a week - rude!

We had a big chunk of our driveway wash away in Saturday night's major NE storm. It looks like there's a sinkhole where the driveway meets the street. So now we have to suck it up and call a driveway guy. It's actually WAY overdue, so we are anticipating a big hit on this one. And John just pointed out that our wood fence is falling down... (sigh)

On a happier note, we are fundraising for our local Audubon society by participating in the "World Series of Birding" on May 14. Teams from around the world come to NJ to see who can find the most species of birds in 24 hours, all to raise money for environmental charities. I know it sounds crazy - and it is, but the money we raise goes for conservation scholarships, so we feel justified hitting up our friends, business associates, relatives (and CruiseCritic chums) for pledges. Visit http://www.monmouthaudubon.org/wsb_beg.htm to learn more and perhaps pledge your support.

So that's keeping me pretty busy. I've designed the team's tees (attached, if I did it right) and am working on the route for the day. Routes are worked out to the minute, a tedious but important process. Every bird counts, because each bird is worth pledge dollars.

I will follow the discussion here and may even be able to attend your 6/18 reunion, if it's open to non-alumni. I think it would be fun to meet everyone before the cruise. It will give us something to talk about in October!

Dena

laskoske
April 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I've been following the posts, all signed up for the M&M too. Still no word from RCCL about an excursion to bio bay, but I'll report if/when they decide to respond. It's been over a week - rude!

We had a big chunk of our driveway wash away in Saturday night's major NE storm. It looks like there's a sinkhole where the driveway meets the street. So now we have to suck it up and call a driveway guy. It's actually WAY overdue, so we are anticipating a big hit on this one. And John just pointed out that our wood fence is falling down... (sigh)

On a happier note, we are fundraising for our local Audubon society by participating in the "World Series of Birding" on May 14. Teams from around the world come to NJ to see who can find the most species of birds in 24 hours, all to raise money for environmental charities. I know it sounds crazy - and it is, but the money we raise goes for conservation scholarships, so we feel justified hitting up our friends, business associates, relatives (and CruiseCritic chums) for pledges. Visit http://www.monmouthaudubon.org/wsb_beg.htm to learn more and perhaps pledge your support.

So that's keeping me pretty busy. I've designed the team's tees (attached, if I did it right) and am working on the route for the day. Routes are worked out to the minute, a tedious but important process. Every bird counts, because each bird is worth pledge dollars.

I will follow the discussion here and may even be able to attend your 6/18 reunion, if it's open to non-alumni. I think it would be fun to meet everyone before the cruise. It will give us something to talk about in October!

Dena

Loved the Cheep Thrills, Dena!

I'm glad that you are still among the living. I was sending out a search party to see if you guys were okay.

We are still working on that reunion date, there may be some glitches, but of course it would be open to new members! We would be happy to have you guys join us! And if anyone else happens to be available when this is occurring, jump on in! We'd love to meet you!:D

Ernie

bschoon60
April 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM

Ernie

Hey all -

I've been reading the posts and I've signed up for the Meet & Mingle - no word either from the bio bay tour company, but have exhausted all other leads.

Just got back from an overnight trip to New Hampshire for a wedding. On the way there we had the trip from h--l - blew a tire going 70 MPH on the NYS Thruway (brand new vehicle 1500 miles on the tire) - had to call a tow truck as it is unsafe to change a tire while semi's go by doing 80.....then we had to get off at the next exit, find a tire store and get a new tire (lost 2 hours); got lost in downtown Boston picking up our daughter's boyfriend.....detours due to today's marathon.....went across the charles river about 5 different times, had a tour of University of Boston, MIT, etc....(lost 1 hour); got to the hotel in New Hampshire with 30 minutes to shower and dress.....followed the brides directions to the wedding they were wrong!!!!! (lost 15 mins.) - got to the wedding with 3 minutes to spare - thank god it was at a winery, because it took a few glasses before DH and I relaxed. (Did spend a few quality hours with oldest daughter and her boyfriend, so it was worth the trouble.):mad:

If we could have picked up a ship in Boston, we probably would have - boy do we need to CRUISE!

I'm going to check out the pics on picasa again. Hope everyone has a great week - here in our area of NY it's spring break - no school for kids and teachers, I however work for the Supt. and I have to work, but have today and friday off......hopefully you all are on spring break too!:)

mamapan
April 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hey all -

got to the hotel in New Hampshire with 30 minutes to shower and dress.....followed the brides directions to the wedding they were wrong!!!!!

Where in NH? That's my home state! Next time ask me for directions - I won't steer you wrong ;)

mamapan
April 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Ernie

Hey, hey, hey!!! Sorry I've been sort of absent. I definitely haven't lost interest, I have just been out straight. We've had some minor teen daughter drama, we had a college (fraternity) reunion to complete arranging for and attending to this past weekend, our son has started tee ball, and most importantly I've been busy preparing for my karate graduation that happened this past Saturday night! HIIIIIIII_YA!!!!!!! Don't you just love it when everything happens at once?!

Jay & I were actually the first ones enrolled in the M&M, so we got that done early and I am still reading the posts daily. We have our priorities in order :p

happyshelly
April 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM

I'm glad that you are still among the living. I was sending out a search party to see if you guys were okay.

We are still working on that reunion date, there may be some glitches, but of course it would be open to new members! We would be happy to have you guys join us! And if anyone else happens to be available when this is occurring, jump on in! We'd love to meet you!:D

Ernie

Where is the next reunion going to be? Let me know to see if Glenn and i can make it. If it is going to be NYC that would make a nice getaway for the day. The only think that would be a bump in that plan is the new house. Right now we are just waiting on New Castle County to issue the permits(everything has been oked.) I know we were talking about it on our Oct cruise but then the weather stopped the demolition company from getting correct figures,then they came in wayyyyy to high for our taste so we had 3 other companies give us estimates. Finally found one a little lower in cost so we went with them.

So let us know what is up. I will keep checking this roll call even though i am on the Explorer about 2 weeks before you guys.

Michele

bschoon60
April 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Where in NH? That's my home state! Next time ask me for directions - I won't steer you wrong ;)

LOL - our hotel was in Salem and the wedding was at the Zorvino Winery in Sandown. The problem came from the bride leaving off the A in Route 121A - there's also a route 121 so it was quickly recognized what went wrong.

bschoon60
April 18th, 2011, 04:46 PM
PS - it's snowing here in Rochester NY on April 18th! How many days til Explorer?

12vman
April 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
PS - it's snowing here in Rochester NY on April 18th! How many days til Explorer?

If it snows here...ONE MORE TIME this year...I'm going to commit Seppuku!

12vman
April 18th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Ernie

On Facebook, the dates that we are trying to form on are... 5/7, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18, 7/2, 7/16, 7/30.

And this is the full post...

"May I suggest that everyone post on here the dates they CAN go. (example Ernie:6/4, 6/18) And ONLY post that information on this thread. I will go through them all and find the date that most people list as available. I will post that date, and then we can all decide if we want to wait and try for July, August & September (which wouldn't be a bad thing)."

smooth_sailin
April 18th, 2011, 07:08 PM
"May I suggest that everyone post on here the dates they CAN go. (example Ernie:6/4, 6/18) And ONLY post that information on this thread. I will go through them all and find the date that most people list as available. I will post that date, and then we can all decide if we want to wait and try for July, August & September (which wouldn't be a bad thing)."

While I appreciate the thought, I would prefer for everyone to choose a date, and we'll tag along if we can. In the spring especially time is a real challenge. We have a large (to us) property with lots of gardens/maintenance/planting and stuff, and John works every other Sat. leaving him poopy. I hope we can come, but I wouldn't want anyone to plan around us. I promise we will come if we can!

Dena

happyshelly
April 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
On Facebook, the dates that we are trying to form on are... 5/7, 5/21, 6/4, 6/18, 7/2, 7/16, 7/30.

And this is the full post...

How is the group listed on Facebook? As East Ghost Explorers or under somones name?

Michele

laskoske
April 18th, 2011, 09:51 PM
How is the group listed on Facebook? As East Ghost Explorers or under somones name?

Michele

Okay, Michele, you are in!:)

Ernie

laskoske
April 18th, 2011, 09:52 PM
While I appreciate the thought, I would prefer for everyone to choose a date, and we'll tag along if we can. In the spring especially time is a real challenge. We have a large (to us) property with lots of gardens/maintenance/planting and stuff, and John works every other Sat. leaving him poopy. I hope we can come, but I wouldn't want anyone to plan around us. I promise we will come if we can!

Dena

Sounds like a good idea, especially if we can prevent having a poopy John. Wait, let me rephrase that...

Ernie

laskoske
April 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM
If it snows here...ONE MORE TIME this year...I'm going to commit Seppuku!

I had to look that one up, Ed. Now having looked that one up, I'm not sure that I wanted to in the first place.

Although slicing the abdomen can certainly get a jump start on that weight loss program!:rolleyes:

Ernie

laskoske
April 18th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Hey all -

I've been reading the posts and I've signed up for the Meet & Mingle - no word either from the bio bay tour company, but have exhausted all other leads.

Just got back from an overnight trip to New Hampshire for a wedding. On the way there we had the trip from h--l - blew a tire going 70 MPH on the NYS Thruway (brand new vehicle 1500 miles on the tire) - had to call a tow truck as it is unsafe to change a tire while semi's go by doing 80.....then we had to get off at the next exit, find a tire store and get a new tire (lost 2 hours); got lost in downtown Boston picking up our daughter's boyfriend.....detours due to today's marathon.....went across the charles river about 5 different times, had a tour of University of Boston, MIT, etc....(lost 1 hour); got to the hotel in New Hampshire with 30 minutes to shower and dress.....followed the brides directions to the wedding they were wrong!!!!! (lost 15 mins.) - got to the wedding with 3 minutes to spare - thank god it was at a winery, because it took a few glasses before DH and I relaxed. (Did spend a few quality hours with oldest daughter and her boyfriend, so it was worth the trouble.):mad:

If we could have picked up a ship in Boston, we probably would have - boy do we need to CRUISE!

I'm going to check out the pics on picasa again. Hope everyone has a great week - here in our area of NY it's spring break - no school for kids and teachers, I however work for the Supt. and I have to work, but have today and friday off......hopefully you all are on spring break too!:)

Your trip sounds like one of our typical ones! We got lost going to Pittsburgh once, we did not have a GPS at the time. When wwe finally found our way onto route 376 (I think), they closed it that weekend for repairs, and we were already on it. It would take us half an hour to inch up three car lengths! Several hours were spent on the Route 376 "parking lot" as we called it. And once we were off it and rerouted, we "couldn't get there from here."

I don't envy your trip at all, except for the winery at the end!

Glad to see that you posted pictures on cruise + fellows.

Spring break? It sounds like what happened to my old Chevy Nova in the late 70s!

Ernie

laskoske
April 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
A fast observation/question from the Picasa picture pages:

Pup & Pal, when are you going to post some pictures to your album?

There is a scrapbook album with no pictures in it, who is posting that and are we all supposed to post pictures in it or is it someone's personal album?

Just questions.:)

Ernie

mamapan
April 19th, 2011, 08:50 AM
LOL - our hotel was in Salem and the wedding was at the Zorvino Winery in Sandown. The problem came from the bride leaving off the A in Route 121A - there's also a route 121 so it was quickly recognized what went wrong.

Ah so you were right near my adopted hometown of Exeter...and there is a big difference between 121 & 121A. :D

Also in the Seacoast, there used to be Routes 101, 101A, 101B, 101C, 101D and 101E and each took you to a very different place and all of the lettered routes intersected with Route 101 at some point. About 15-20 years ago now they FINALLY gave each it's own distinct route number but trying to give directions before then = headaches.

laskoske
April 20th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Looks like it was a quiet day for posting.:(

Ernie

mamapan
April 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Wow Ernie you were burning the midnight oil last night (this morning??)!!

laskoske
April 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Wow Ernie you were burning the midnight oil last night (this morning??)!!

Yes, I was on call for crisis intervention at the hospital and got home around midnight.

Ernie

sjmaag
April 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hi..we are Steve and Maureen from Sellersville, PA and are currently booked on the Enchantment for 10/20/11..we are thinking of switching to the Explorer for 10/27/11..any opinions on this move..

mamapan
April 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Hi..we are Steve and Maureen from Sellersville, PA and are currently booked on the Enchantment for 10/20/11..we are thinking of switching to the Explorer for 10/27/11..any opinions on this move..

Hi Steve & Maureen!!

Yes you should definitely join us!! A number of us here sailed together on this same cruise last year and we're a very fun group (and yes, I am biased!).

Cruising on Halloween is lots of fun!!

sjmaag
April 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
We would be interested in booking with your group, who doesn't like a discount!! our deposit is now on the Enchantment for 10/20/11 but we will most likely switch to EOS

Steve and Maureen
Sellersville, PA

sjmaag
April 20th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks! I think we will switch..we did sail on the Explorer in '02 for a seven day in March..high winds the entire time; could not go outside as doors were locked; all excursions were cancelled..at least the ship was beautiful if not the weather!!!

krhnbt
April 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks! I think we will switch..we did sail on the Explorer in '02 for a seven day in March..high winds the entire time; could not go outside as doors were locked; all excursions were cancelled..at least the ship was beautiful if not the weather!!!

Steve & Maureen

Hope you have the time to go back and read our posts, you will see we are a fun group and hope you will join us!

Karen & Russ

Alleycat1027
April 21st, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hi Everyone...Ally and Paul FINALLY checking in!!

GOSH...what a whirlwind of NONSENSE the last few months have been, not such great stuff...BUT!! I don't want to talk about that...just wanted to check in to see if any room is still available with the Travel Agent, etc.!!

Still not sure we can do this Cruise, BUT?? can't do it if we don't look into it, right??

Hope everyone else is well and Talk soon!! Ally and Paul

12vman
April 21st, 2011, 06:22 AM
Thanks! I think we will switch..

Welcome aboard! good to see you are jumping ship.
You will have a great time with all these kooks.

"...Welcome welcome all"

12vman
April 21st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks! I think we will switch.

It will be worth it, just for the SHIRT ALONE!

laskoske
April 21st, 2011, 07:14 AM
We would be interested in booking with your group, who doesn't like a discount!! our deposit is now on the Enchantment for 10/20/11 but we will most likely switch to EOS

Steve and Maureen
Sellersville, PA

God morning and welcome, Steve and Maureen!!!

We love to hear when people jump ship (not literally) to join us! I don't know how far back you guys have read to catch up on these posts, but we were able to get some very good perks for our group, and there are still more spots available. E-mail me at laskoske@comcast.net so I can send you some details.

If you booked through a travel agent for your trip on the Enchantment, I'm afraid that our group won't be able to help you, since transferring travel agents is not a very ethical thing to do. But if you had booked it directly through Royal Caribbean, it can work.

I look forward to having you join us, and please try to look back on the posts to see how crazy, I mean how much fun we are!

Ernie

laskoske
April 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM
It will be worth it, just for the SHIRT ALONE!

Definitely worth it for the shirt and bragging rights! We will wear them proudly and take over the ship again this year!!

Ernie

laskoske
April 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Everyone...Ally and Paul FINALLY checking in!!

GOSH...what a whirlwind of NONSENSE the last few months have been, not such great stuff...BUT!! I don't want to talk about that...just wanted to check in to see if any room is still available with the Travel Agent, etc.!!

Still not sure we can do this Cruise, BUT?? can't do it if we don't look into it, right??

Hope everyone else is well and Talk soon!! Ally and Paul

WELL-L-L-L-L-L-L!!!!!

Where have you guys been???? We missed you, Amy and Paul!

I just e-mailed you the information about getting in with our group, so contact either Craig or me and we'll go from there.

We would LOVE to have you back in our group!:)

Ernie