PDA

View Full Version : 10/27/2011 - Explorer of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

kaboodle
June 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM
hi debbie

we have cruised out of bayonne many times and have more booked. we live down the jersey shore and always drive to the pier.
the question about the bayonne docks overspray comes up many times and i can answer your question.
about 5 years ago there was an overspray. i noticed it when i was washing my car after the cruise and upon drying the car with a towel i felt the roughness. i went to a detail shop and they got it off. i contacted rccl and they gave me the phone no. and a person to contact at the bayonne dry dock. they told me to have my car detailed and submit them the bill. i did and they paid it.
recently i have not noticed an overspray. i know other people who got paid by them also. maybe they got tired of paying and fixed the problem. the cost to park is 19.00 a day which is too high, but they have you captive.
carl

mamapan
June 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Yes, you are right about that. The ride on the speedboat was lots of fun and refreshing when the water would spray you, and it was scenic, but the entire time of the excursion could have been longer. I think they did it that way to encourage more people to be able to go on it and still have time to spend money in St. Thomas. Wait, did I say that out loud?:rolleyes: I meant, to have more time to enjoy the sights. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Ernie

I agree. I've spent enough money in St. Thomas already. We usually buy cameras there and we feel like we were treated quite fairly from one particular dealer so we go back whenever we're in need of another.

I don't buy jewelry on any island since my dad is a retired jeweler and it's obviously MUCH more cost effective for me to go through him and his connections still!

I did some reading on the Ports of Call board about taking a taxi to Red Hook and a ferry to St. John, and since the ferries depart on the hour to go back to St. Thomas I feel like I could manage to get back well ahead of the ship's departure time...and spend all the time I wanted at Truck Bay.

merdon
June 27th, 2011, 05:06 PM
We too are looking forward to going to St. John on this cruise. I guess within the next month they should post more excursions to select from. Can't wait to lie on a tropical beach and soak up the sun.

laskoske
June 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Not that I am counting, or not that I am eager, but.....

4 months today!!!

Ernie

laskoske
June 27th, 2011, 09:46 PM
We too are looking forward to going to St. John on this cruise. I guess within the next month they should post more excursions to select from. Can't wait to lie on a tropical beach and soak up the sun.

I SO agree with you about the tropical beach and sun. It doesn't get better than that!

Ernie

12vman
June 28th, 2011, 07:42 AM
the cost to park is 19.00 a day which is too high, but they have you captive.
carl

Which is why i take a limo!
add the gas cost, the 19 a day, the possible traffic, the aggravation of driving, the risk of accident, the money I spend when i bring my car down to have it all checked/inspected before I take a long/important trip (my mechanic may spot something)...mmm...Nah...stretch Limo!

It's fun too, and leaves you time together to talk about things on the way down and back. Im lucky to have a 2 hour ride, not too long where i cant afford it and just long enough to enjoy it. 4 people with luggage requires a 6-8 passenger car, so perfect for us.

12vman
June 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM

I love the tropical beach! but i also love sailing,swimming & snorkeling in those waters. Is why I charter a private sail in St. Thomas...love that!
this will be 3rd year in a row on a 6 pack. Will have room for us 4 plus 2 more. 6 is perfect. Only thing is, the boat we ususaly use...she sold it! and the damn guy doesn't return my phone calls anymore! I wonder if he couldn't hack it. Ill probably have to find another person :-(

So we beach it all day in Haiti and half a day in DR after a Cat ride/snorkle trip/Island stop, sail in St. Thomas, eat in PR!

mamapan
June 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Not that I am counting, or not that I am eager, but.....

4 months today!!!

Ernie

Well, I am counting too & very eager to go! Every few days Jay asks me, "How many more days?" and I'm always able to tell him!

smooth_sailin
June 28th, 2011, 02:38 PM
add the gas cost, the 19 a day, the possible traffic, the aggravation of driving, the risk of accident, the money I spend when i bring my car down to have it all checked/inspected before I take a long/important trip (my mechanic may spot something)...mmm...Nah...stretch Limo!

It's fun too, and leaves you time together to talk about things on the way down and back. Im lucky to have a 2 hour ride, not too long where i cant afford it and just long enough to enjoy it. 4 people with luggage requires a 6-8 passenger car, so perfect for us.

What a fantastic idea! We did that a few years back on a Princess cruise out of NYC and it worked out great. It's like you're on vacation as soon as you leave your house. I've already contacted a few companies for prices. Thanks for the inspiration!!:D

Dena

bschoon60
June 28th, 2011, 04:20 PM

Our travel agent has arranged a coach bus that will take us from Rochester, NY to the port. No worry about driving, getting lost, etc......we are very excited about the worry free travel!:)

merdon
June 29th, 2011, 08:56 AM

We usually drive and park the car but a limo to the port sounds like a great idea. Let me know which company you recommend so we can price them too. Thanks.

laskoske
June 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Maybe I am oblivious, but when did they start putting "like" and "send" on this board?

Ernie

laskoske
June 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Can you believe that after today, one-half of 2011 is over?

Looking forward to a good next half!:)

Ernie

mamapan
June 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe I am oblivious, but when did they start putting "like" and "send" on this board?

Ernie

I guess I'm oblivious - where do they put that?

laskoske
July 1st, 2011, 05:50 AM
Can you believe that after today, one-half of 2011 is over?

Looking forward to a good next half!:)

Ernie

And as of today, the second half of the year begins, the warmer half, with our vacations to look forward to! YES!!!!

So where is everyone on this board?

Have a great, long Fourth of July weekend! It will be time for some of us East Ghost Explorers to get together.:D

Ernie

merdon
July 1st, 2011, 01:07 PM
I see RCCL has listed more excursions for our cruise but still only one for Puerto Rico. I hope they have the segway tour available because my husband enjoyed riding them in St. Maarten and Bermuda.

Enjoy your holiday!

gowanajones2000
July 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
hey Ed . and crew,, My wife and I will not make the journey to your b barb b cue... My wife ahs enough driving and wants to stay close... have a great weekend....

we will be doing nyc in august

12vman
July 2nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
hey Ed . and crew,, My wife and I will not make the journey to your b barb b cue... My wife ahs enough driving and wants to stay close... have a great weekend....

we will be doing nyc in august

Understandable Sir!
you didnt send me your cruise info yet

12vman
July 2nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
We usually drive and park the car but a limo to the port sounds like a great idea. Let me know which company you recommend so we can price them too. Thanks.

im in CT the limo company I use is right down the street from me. Too far for ya.

magaly63
July 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hello Ernie and all,
No, I haven't disappeared....just reading the boards from behind the scene.....FYI: you might have noticed already, RCCL has dropped prices again this weekend...I was very happy to be able to drop our cabin cost by almost $300and keeping the same D2 and # originally assigned. :D
Still trying to find a bio bay tour....I have found a company that does have tours on Sundays, not sure yet about timing...I will keep you all posted if it works out.
Happy 4th!
Gabby

laskoske
July 2nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hello Ernie and all,
No, I haven't disappeared....just reading the boards from behind the scene.....FYI: you might have noticed already, RCCL has dropped prices again this weekend...I was very happy to be able to drop our cabin cost by almost $300and keeping the same D2 and # originally assigned. :D
Still trying to find a bio bay tour....I have found a company that does have tours on Sundays, not sure yet about timing...I will keep you all posted if it works out.
Happy 4th!
Gabby

Hi, Gabby,

Nice to see that you are still around! We took advantage of the price drop a few weeks ago and changed from an E1 to a D1 and save money in the process, so I keep monitoring it all the time for our group. The inside cabins really dropped as well, and some of our group that had inside cabins saved a lot of money. And I still think it will keep coming down.

I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the price drop also!

We are meeting up with a bunch of "East Ghost Explorers" from our last cruise tomorrow. We are all going this cruise as well, so we will be starting our pre-cruise excitement this weekend!

Keep in touch, keep reading the boards. If you want to get onto our FaceBook page (the East Ghost Explorer group) send me an e-mail and I will give you the details (laskoske@comcast.net).

Ernie

gowanajones2000
July 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Understandable Sir!
you didnt send me your cruise info yet
Ed the crusie is 9-10-11 on the Explorer 5 days out of beautiful Bayonne nj, thanks

smooth_sailin
July 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Happy Fourth of July, especially to all the revelers in CT this weekend!

laskoske
July 4th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I am sure there will be many posts and many pictures of our East Ghost Reunion in Connecticut this weekend, and I will not take any surprise from the posters, but I just want to go on record as saying I was the most surprised and as speechless as I have ever been. All I can say is thank you SO MUCH to Ed and his family (Claudia, Gabrielle and Hannah) for making this one of the most memorable weekends we have ever had! You have gone WAY overboard (okay bad choice of terms) on this weekend and have really set the bar high!

Raj and Kiran, I cannot tell you how much this all meant to us.

Karen & Russ, Julie & Mike (Mr. President), Pup and Pal, and Amanda & Matt, this weekend was just fantastic!

Leigh & Ed, we are so disappointed that we missed you guys!

I'll leave it to Ed or Raj to tell you what they did, but for those new East Ghost Explorers who don't know them, you will be in for a real treat when you meet the group.

THIS is what life is all about, what a GREAT group of friends! And to think that last year, none of us knew each other. It is truly a testimonial to Cruise Critic and this board. We got to know each other really well BEFORE we all met last year, with all the postings, and last year's cruise can only be surpassed by THIS year's cruise! So let's start some chatter as the time starts getting shorter to October 27th!

Ernie

laskoske
July 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Happy Fourth of July, especially to all the revelers in CT this weekend!

Thank you, and wow, did we revel!!!!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 4th, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/GreatFriends.jpg

Either three great friends, or...

Moe, Larry and Curly?

Manny, Moe and Jack?

Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Three Blind Mice?

Huey, Dewey and Louie?

Groucho, Chico and Harpo?

happyshelly
July 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM

Moe, Larry and Curly?

Manny, Moe and Jack?

Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Three Blind Mice?

Huey, Dewey and Louie?

Great picture.

Michele

sarkar
July 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I am sure there will be many posts and many pictures of our East Ghost Reunion in Connecticut this weekend, and I will not take any surprise from the posters, but I just want to go on record as saying I was the most surprised and as speechless as I have ever been. All I can say is thank you SO MUCH to Ed and his family (Claudia, Gabrielle and Hannah) for making this one of the most memorable weekends we have ever had! You have gone WAY overboard (okay bad choice of terms) on this weekend and have really set the bar high!

Raj and Kiran, I cannot tell you how much this all meant to us.

Karen & Russ, Julie & Mike (Mr. President), Pup and Pal, and Amanda & Matt, this weekend was just fantastic!

Leigh & Ed, we are so disappointed that we missed you guys!

I'll leave it to Ed or Raj to tell you what they did, but for those new East Ghost Explorers who don't know them, you will be in for a real treat when you meet the group.

THIS is what life is all about, what a GREAT group of friends! And to think that last year, none of us knew each other. It is truly a testimonial to Cruise Critic and this board. We got to know each other really well BEFORE we all met last year, with all the postings, and last year's cruise can only be surpassed by THIS year's cruise! So let's start some chatter as the time starts getting shorter to October 27th!

Ernie

The Mayor has put it in words what a great time we had ....

We love The Mayor and we would have done anything see you sir ji

Mr Ed and Claudia you are amazing ......

We are blessed to have all of you in our life's

Thank you very much

raj and kiran

sarkar
July 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM

Moe, Larry and Curly?

Manny, Moe and Jack?

Kukla, Fran and Ollie?

Three Blind Mice?

Huey, Dewey and Louie?

The Mayor and the Juntha Class Brother's :):):)

Amarsh1
July 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks again to Ed & Claudia for a great weekend! And it was wonderful to see everyone else too. We are looking forward to October!:)

bschoon60
July 5th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I hope everyone had a great 4th - seems like the East Ghost Explorer #1 reunion was a great time. As I laid by my pool I couldn't help but count the days until we would be basking in the sun on the deck of the Explorer! Looking forward to October.

Barb:)

mamapan
July 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'm so glad to hear the party was a great success! The pictures have been great to see.

We have enjoyed our vacation in Maine this week and the first car home (with Jay & the girls) leaves tomorrow. However, right after he leaves I am going to hit the TAX FREE shops in North Conway NH, which is about 20 minutes from here.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get the 8 year old boy to go along with my plan since he's going to have to go with me...then we head home Friday.

I'm glad to hear that everyone had safe travels and a wonderful time and that the weather cooperated too.

laskoske
July 7th, 2011, 07:08 AM
The pool is becoming a reality!:)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pool01.jpg

More pictures to come as it gets finished.

Ernie

smooth_sailin
July 8th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Congrats Ernie. A pool is a lot of fun. Our house came with an in-ground pool - we love it. Your yard looks huge!

Dena

laskoske
July 9th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Update:

The pool is filled!:)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pool03.jpg

And this is how I filled it! I had to do a lot of drinking, but that was just to get me in practice for the cruise!:rolleyes:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pool02.jpg

Ernie

bschoon60
July 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Update:

And this is how I filled it! I had to do a lot of drinking, but that was just to get me in practice for the cruise!:rolleyes:

Ernie

I asked my husband if all guys have the same sense of humor and he replied "that guy's got good flow for his age."

LOL
Barb:D

laskoske
July 9th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29723924#post29723924)
Update:

Ernie
I asked my husband if all guys have the same sense of humor and he replied "that guy's got good flow for his age."

LOL

I can't wait to meet you and your husband!:D

Ernie

12vman
July 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I expected nothing less from you Ernesto!

Update:

Ernie

12vman
July 9th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Your yard looks huge!

Dena

Did you see Julies???? 5 acres of lawn!

mamapan
July 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Ernie, you are a man of many talents.

Is your local volunteer fire department in need of volunteers? If so, I'm seeing a new second career for you!!:D

sarkar
July 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Update:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/Pool03.jpg

Ernie

Dear The Mayor

Is that what they call a WEINER over here ......

snowman
July 9th, 2011, 02:29 PM
O.K. Some of you New Jerseyites can you help me. We will be staying in Westfield N.J. and my nephew will be droping us off at the port. Can you tell us how long it will take? Thanks

bschoon60
July 9th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I can't wait to meet you and your husband!:D

Ernie

109 days and counting!

Risa
July 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Check google or mapquest, but remember to add at least 1/2 hour for traffic, no matter when you are coming.

laskoske
July 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM
You guys are ALL too funny!:D

Ernie

gowanajones2000
July 10th, 2011, 11:11 AM
O.K. Some of you New Jerseyites can you help me. We will be staying in Westfield N.J. and my nephew will be droping us off at the port. Can you tell us how long it will take? Thanks
hey snowman-- Westfield is close to the port... Probably about a 30 minute drive or so, plus a little traffic at the terminal. We live on the jersey shore and it s take us about 50 minutes to get to the terminal....We have done 4 cruises out of Bayonne and the traffic at the terminal can be bad or good. We ve tried several different times and it doesn't seem to matter.I will say this, =the later you go, the less congestion.

Ernie- good job with the pool

fellow east ghost explorers- we are going to do the Great Urban Race in nyc on 8-20 check it out online and see if anyone wants to join us,,,,

laskoske
July 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
hey snowman-- Westfield is close to the port... Probably about a 30 minute drive or so, plus a little traffic at the terminal. We live on the jersey shore and it s take us about 50 minutes to get to the terminal....We have done 4 cruises out of Bayonne and the traffic at the terminal can be bad or good. We ve tried several different times and it doesn't seem to matter.I will say this, =the later you go, the less congestion.

Ernie- good job with the pool

fellow east ghost explorers- we are going to do the Great Urban Race in nyc on 8-20 check it out online and see if anyone wants to join us,,,,

Ya know, Jim, you are gone for months at a time, then you resurface. I still think that you should be on the cruise with us instead of your "other" group! Who else would actually "guarantee" a great cruise?? Change your plans, "jump ship" so to speak, and join us!:D

Ernie

smooth_sailin
July 10th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Did you see Julies???? 5 acres of lawn!

No I didn't - must be very impressive! We have just under one acre (about 1/3 woods) and I can't imagine taking care of more than that! I'll post pics - it keeps us very busy!

Dena

laskoske
July 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Wow, I had post 1300 and didn't realize it!

If it were not for FaceBook, we would be at post 2000 at least!:(

Ernie

laskoske
July 10th, 2011, 11:43 PM
No I didn't - must be very impressive! We have just under one acre (about 1/3 woods) and I can't imagine taking care of more than that! I'll post pics - it keeps us very busy!

Dena

Dena, We only have half an acre of land (actually 47/100ths of an acre, but it is home to us!):)

I remember when I originally built on this lot in 1977. My friend (who was a logger accustomed to having much land), said to me when I bought my lot, "That's not a lot, that's a little!" I will never forget that line!:D

Ernie

mamapan
July 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
*making cricket noises*

Sure got quiet around here...

Jay & I were talking last night - this coming Monday we'll hit the 100 day marker before the trip! It will be so nice to be down to double digits in the countdown!:D

Janice M
July 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM
*making cricket noises*

Sure got quiet around here...

Jay & I were talking last night - this coming Monday we'll hit the 100 day marker before the trip! It will be so nice to be down to double digits in the countdown!:D

Yes, that will be nice. I really like summer tho and hate to see it come to an end. We have had a hot one so far, many days in the 90s and that's hot for Wisconsin. We had some excitement yesterday. We had a storm and lightening hit a transformer on the electric pole behind our house. The wire came down and was on fire. There were huge sparks every where and noises. Fire department and police came right away. We were without power only a little over 2 hours. THe electric company got it fixed real quick. Its cooler today, only in the 80s.
Jan

mamapan
July 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I like summer too but these 90+ degree days are awful. We don't have central air in our house and it seemed like the house was just as hot this morning as when we went to bed last night.

My husband is a volunteer firefighter, and he's had a number of those kind of calls this year, and 2 within the last week! I'm glad to hear it was all fixed quickly for you...and that cooler weather is on the way for us.

Janice M
July 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I like summer too but these 90+ degree days are awful. We don't have central air in our house and it seemed like the house was just as hot this morning as when we went to bed last night.

My husband is a volunteer firefighter, and he's had a number of those kind of calls this year, and 2 within the last week! I'm glad to hear it was all fixed quickly for you...and that cooler weather is on the way for us.

We have air and its much appreciated. Now it is 78 degrees and I have the house opened up and the air off. I took a walk past the house where the wire came down and a good part of the lawn it burnt up. Better the lawn than the house.
Jan

laskoske
July 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM

I love it HOT! The hotter the better. Sharon has a much more limited temperature acceptance level. If it is cooler than 72 degrees, she is cold, and if it is warmer than 76 degrees, she is too hot. I am somewhere between 55 and 105!

...and we live together!:D

Ernie

mamapan
July 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I love it HOT! The hotter the better. Sharon has a much more limited temperature acceptance level. If it is cooler than 72 degrees, she is cold, and if it is warmer than 76 degrees, she is too hot. I am somewhere between 55 and 105!

...and we live together!:D

Ernie

Isn't that always the way? I just don't tolerate the heat well - never have - even as a kid. I tend to get heat exhaustion very easily because I don't sweat much. I'm good up to about 85. Cold doesn't bother me too much because I can always put more clothes on.

We lived in the Tampa, FL area for about 12 years and I was miserable from May - November every one of those 12 years.

The funny thing was that Jay (the guy who would wear shorts in 20 degree weather) LOVED the heat. In college in the middle of winter he'd have the window in his dorm room open. I never expected him to love the FL weather so much.

merdon
July 13th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I love the hot weather as well. I'm one of those people that go to Florida in the summer.

The cruise is getting closer. Is it time to pack yet? :)

laskoske
July 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
If anyone would like to wish my wife, Sharon, a Happy Birthday today, please feel free to do so! It is double nickels for her, the big 55!:D

In her honor, I had the first swim in her new pool. She still did not go in for fear that it was still too chilly. She missed out on a great experience!

Ernie

walker1887
July 13th, 2011, 07:12 PM
If anyone would like to wish my wife, Sharon, a Happy Birthday today, please feel free to do so! It is double nickels for her, the big 55!:D

In her honor, I had the first swim in her new pool. She still did not go in for fear that it was still too chilly. She missed out on a great experience!

Ernie

Happy Birthday Sharon!!! I hope you have a great day.

Ernie, you are a very fortunate man, having such a wonderful woman as your wife. I am sure you know this (even if you do tell the world her age.....).

Enjoy!!!

bschoon60
July 13th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Ernie

Happy Birthday Sharon! I also celebrated another year on July 5th. I don't blame Sharon for not going in the pool yet - I usually don't go in until it's about 85, however the weather has forced me to get in the pool a couple times this year when it was only 77. Enjoy!

Janice M
July 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Happy Birthday Sharon. Mine is coming up soon and it will be more than 55.

It got cooler in today, in the 70s and is beautiful out. Nice low humidity.
Our neighbors are filling their pool right now.

Jan

smooth_sailin
July 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Ernie

Happy birthday Sharon! John my devoted DH celebrated the big five-six yesterday. We went out for a nice dinner with live music, followed by a swim in our own pool (85 degrees - yeah!). A fine time was had by all!

Dena

laskoske
July 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM
On behalf of my wife, I thank you for her birthday wishes (she never gets on cruise critic so she doesn't read all the posts!). It was a great birthday, she had the day off from work, the electrical contractor and deck builder were both here all day getting things ready for her grand debut into the pool, and she got flowers and dinner. And she's healthy! All's right with the world!

I guess I underestimate the pool. It is 4 feet deep and I am 6 feet tall, so not doing the math prior to getting in the pool, a third of me was still sticking out of the water when I stood up! Go figure! Oh well, the pool is for her, she is shorter and will love it!:D

What I look forward to is sitting on the deck near the pool with the drinks!

Ernie

mamapan
July 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!!

And Ernie - nice job with dinner & flowers!

Enjoy that pool and get nice & tan before the trip :D

sunshinne83
July 14th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time posting on the board. We booked over 6 months ago but I've been waiting for my booking number to sign up for the meet and greet. I haven't been able to read all the posts yet but I don't remember seeing any Canadians yet!

My husband, myself and my 4 year old daughter are going on the cruise. We have never vacationed before and my husband has never left Canada so this is a treat for him. We are travelling in a group of 12 (all my family).

I can't wait to meet you all and have a wonderful trip. I'm so excited it's all I think about.

P.S. We are from Toronto, Canada.

Sara

Janice M
July 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Welcome Sara and family. Wow, what a first trip. You chose a beautiful
ship and great cruise line. We love cruising and have done many. You will really love your vacation.
Jan

sunshinne83
July 14th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks!

My parents cruise a couple of times as year and have done this particular cruise twice already.

It is horrible that I am debating booking some tours already? I've heard that they book up very fast! LOL

I'm a little nervous going with my four year old but I've heard the youth groups are excellent. I just wish the babysitting wasn't $19 an hour! Yikes! Thank god for loving grandparents who will take her a few nights so my hubby and I can party it up!

You guys sound like such a great bunch!

I'm can't wait to sit and enjoy some "fruity" drinks!

Sara from TO

bschoon60
July 14th, 2011, 04:57 PM
On behalf of my wife, I thank you for her birthday wishes (she never gets on cruise critic so she doesn't read all the posts!). It was a great birthday, she had the day off from work, the electrical contractor and deck builder were both here all day getting things ready for her grand debut into the pool, and she got flowers and dinner. And she's healthy! All's right with the world!

I guess I underestimate the pool. It is 4 feet deep and I am 6 feet tall, so not doing the math prior to getting in the pool, a third of me was still sticking out of the water when I stood up! Go figure! Oh well, the pool is for her, she is shorter and will love it!:D

What I look forward to is sitting on the deck near the pool with the drinks!

Ernie

Ernie:

Make sure you put an electrical outlet on the deck - much easier to bring a blender out on the deck that way - just some advice from my extensive experience with blender drinks!

Janice M
July 14th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks!

My parents cruise a couple of times as year and have done this particular cruise twice already.

It is horrible that I am debating booking some tours already? I've heard that they book up very fast! LOL

I'm a little nervous going with my four year old but I've heard the youth groups are excellent. I just wish the babysitting wasn't $19 an hour! Yikes! Thank god for loving grandparents who will take her a few nights so my hubby and I can party it up!

Sara from TO

Its great that you are planning your tours. We have not been doing tours in the ports any more. Its always to plan best ahead tho.
We are planning a family cruise next year on the Freedom. I will get to be with my grandboys for 1 whole week. :) They moved to Michigan last year and I really miss them. They are 7 & 9 so they will really love it.

Jan

laskoske
July 14th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Hello Everyone,
This is my first time posting on the board. We booked over 6 months ago but I've been waiting for my booking number to sign up for the meet and greet. I haven't been able to read all the posts yet but I don't remember seeing any Canadians yet!

My husband, myself and my 4 year old daughter are going on the cruise. We have never vacationed before and my husband has never left Canada so this is a treat for him. We are travelling in a group of 12 (all my family).

I can't wait to meet you all and have a wonderful trip. I'm so excited it's all I think about.

Sara

Welcome Sara and the 11 others! Is that how we got up to 32 people registered on the Meet & Mingle?

We have a great group, there are some who know each other from the last cruise and others who have never met, but it should be one fantastic cruise! If you can, try to catch up on some of the pages of reading, it may help you understand how much we all like to have fun, and that's what it's all about!

Toronto is pretty far, but it may be difficult to beat Raj and Kiran who are coming from London!

Welcome aboard!

Ernie

laskoske
July 14th, 2011, 10:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!!

And Ernie - nice job with dinner & flowers!

Enjoy that pool and get nice & tan before the trip :D

Thanks, Amy, and I'll work on that tan very soon!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 14th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks!

Sara from TO

Wow, I didn't realize that they charge $19/hour for babysitting! Take your 4 year old with you everywhere and spend the money on the fruity drinks!;).

They seem to have an excellent youth program so I am sure your child will have loads of fun!

Ernie

laskoske
July 14th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Ernie:

Make sure you put an electrical outlet on the deck - much easier to bring a blender out on the deck that way - just some advice from my extensive experience with blender drinks!

Hey, Barb,

That was exactly what I was thinking when we had the electrical contractor put the extra receptacle on the deck!:D

Great minds think alike!

Ernie

mamapan
July 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thanks!

Sara from TO

Welcome Sara & Family!! This is a great group of people. We had a ball last year.

Don't worry about the kids programs - they are WONDERFUL. My daughter was 6 the first time she cruised, and my son was 13 months. They've now been on 3 or 4 cruises. Each time the first night at Adventure Ocean was a little rough, but once they met some friends and the staff it was worse trying to get them OUT! My daughter will be 15 on Sunday and my son is 8.5 and they both loved each experience with the AO staff and programming. I never used the babysitting, so I can't comment on that. I have heard it's difficult to come by though so I'd plan on making the most of the AO program just in case.

I have been looking at tours for a while now. It was nice to finally see some open up at last a couple of weeks ago.

sunshinne83
July 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks Everyone,

I only signed myself and my husband up so we are not making up most of the group. Which means more fun for everyone. YEAH!

I think we are just going to do one big tour through the ship and then hop in a taxi (if we need to) and go to the beach everywhere else.

The babysitting is insane but that's for up to 3 children so I can always split the cost with my brother and have then watch both our children so we can party into the wee hours.

London is definitely further than where I am from! LOL It's about a 8 hour drive for us to get to the boat.

I read some people were worried about the paint in the parking lots. I read that on a lot of reviews too. For people coming out of town, I forget what hotel we are staying at but, you can keep your car in their underground parking for the duration of the cruise, and that's included in the price of the room. Apparently it's only a 15 minute bus ride to the boat from the hotel. It's a nice alternative.

I was able to read up on most of the pages last night and it's so nice to see a group of people that have so much fun and help eachother get better discounts!

P.S. The shirts look great!

Sara

mamapan
July 15th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks Everyone,

I only signed myself and my husband up so we are not making up most of the group. Which means more fun for everyone. YEAH!

I think we are just going to do one big tour through the ship and then hop in a taxi (if we need to) and go to the beach everywhere else.

I read some people were worried about the paint in the parking lots. I read that on a lot of reviews too. For people coming out of town, I forget what hotel we are staying at but, you can keep your car in their underground parking for the duration of the cruise, and that's included in the price of the room. Apparently it's only a 15 minute bus ride to the boat from the hotel. It's a nice alternative.

Sara

You should encourage them to sign up! If we end up under 25 there's no free M&M party - and this group is all about the party!! :cool:

Your trip style is like my husband & me. We've been to these islands a number of times now and feel pretty comfortable doing stuff on our own, especially in St. Thomas or San Juan (though hopefully Ed is making some headway on our private pig roast, which we will definitely join!).

There are several couples/groups staying over at the Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island. They have a cruise & stay rate and shuttle you over to the port while your car stays with them for the week. I am booking that today for Jay & I. There is an occasional "overspray" problem at the port but in the 4 times I have parked there, and the 6 times my in-laws have parked there, we've never had issues of our own.

sarkar
July 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

Sara

Welcome Sara and family

we are going to have a great time ...... :)

kiran and raj

merdon
July 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
You should encourage them to sign up! If we end up under 25 there's no free M&M party - and this group is all about the party!! :cool:

Your trip style is like my husband & me. We've been to these islands a number of times now and feel pretty comfortable doing stuff on our own, especially in St. Thomas or San Juan (though hopefully Ed is making some headway on our private pig roast, which we will definitely join!).

There are several couples/groups staying over at the Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island. They have a cruise & stay rate and shuttle you over to the port while your car stays with them for the week. I am booking that today for Jay & I. There is an occasional "overspray" problem at the port but in the 4 times I have parked there, and the 6 times my in-laws have parked there, we've never had issues of our own.

I just signed my husband and myself up for the M&M party. Total was 34 after I signed us up. Of all the cruises we have gone on, this is the first M&M party we're attending (you guys sound like fun). We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

mamapan
July 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Tried to get a military discount (Go Navy!) but they wouldn't give it with the cruise/park package :(. Oh well. The rate was $199 +tax for the night. I figure that parking alone would have only been a fraction less at $19/day.

So, we'll see whoever will be joining us on Wednesday night 10/26!:D

It just feels so official now!!

laskoske
July 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM

You are right on both counts! The more that register, the better. And this group is ALL ABOUT THE PARTY!:D

Ernie

bschoon60
July 15th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I can't believe how quickly the time is flying - I can start measuring the cruise by the other "events" in my life....tomorrow trip to Toronto to watch the Yankees; Trip to the 1000 Islands (love the St. Lawrence River); Sept. Trip to Las Vegas; Columbus Day trip to CT for God Baby Baptism; and then the cruise!!!! Time does fly by, so live each moment as if you were on a beach with fruity umbrella drinks!:D

laskoske
July 16th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I can't believe how quickly the time is flying - I can start measuring the cruise by the other "events" in my life....tomorrow trip to Toronto to watch the Yankees; Trip to the 1000 Islands (love the St. Lawrence River); Sept. Trip to Las Vegas; Columbus Day trip to CT for God Baby Baptism; and then the cruise!!!! Time does fly by, so live each moment as if you were on a beach with fruity umbrella drinks!:D

I agree, Barb, time is flying by! Tomorrow we go to New Jersey to visit Raj & Kiran and Pup & Pal for a mini East Ghost Explorers reunion (hopefully with Mike & Julie and a few others). Then August is a week in Ocean City, MD; September is a week in London to visit my daughter; October is the cruise; and February is a week in Costa Rica! Life is Good! Live it!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM
I think it is time to update the events list since we have some new members. This is the list that lets everyone know who is celebrating which event sometime around the cruise. It's fun to be able to wish someone a happy birthday or anniversary on the cruise, or get your well-wishes for your event on cruise critic before or after the cruise.

If the new members would like to be a part of this list, post your event here and I will update the list regularly.

Here is the latest list, let me know if there are any additions:

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
09-14 (mamapan) Amy & Jay's 20th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
09-23 (smooth sailin) Dena and John's 34th Anniversary
09-30 (magaly63) Corado's Birthday
10-08 (magaly63) Gabby's Birthday
10-16 (krhnbt) Russ & Karen's Anniversary
10-22 (laskoske) Ernie & Sharon's 23rd Anniversary
10-27 (alleycat) Ally's Birthday (and Sailing Day)
10-30 (bschoon60) Barb's daughter Keri's Birthday
11-01 (dragonclaw) Paul & Sue's 25th Anniversary
11-02 (mamapan) Jay's Birthday
11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure)
11-06 (sarkar) Kiran's Birthday
11-09 (12vman) Gabrielle's 18th Birthday (still can't drink on this cruise!)
11-15 (magaly63) Gabby's 30th Anniversary
11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday
11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday

Ernie

smooth_sailin
July 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ernie it's actually our 33rd anniversary. Can't remember the date, but I DO remember the year. Today I do, at least! :rolleyes:

Dena

Janice M
July 16th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I think it is time to update the events list since we have some new members. This is the list that lets everyone know who is celebrating which event sometime around the cruise. It's fun to be able to wish someone a happy birthday or anniversary on the cruise, or get your well-wishes for your event on cruise critic before or after the cruise.

If the new members would like to be a part of this list, post your event here and I will update the list regularly.

Here is the latest list, let me know if there are any additions:

08-22 (bschoon60) Barb & Steve's 30th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
09-14 (mamapan) Amy & Jay's 20th Anniversary (Waiting to celebrate onboard)
09-23 (smooth sailin) Dena and John's 34th Anniversary
09-30 (magaly63) Corado's Birthday
10-08 (magaly63) Gabby's Birthday
10-16 (krhnbt) Russ & Karen's Anniversary
10-22 (laskoske) Ernie & Sharon's 23rd Anniversary
10-27 (alleycat) Ally's Birthday (and Sailing Day)
10-30 (bschoon60) Barb's daughter Keri's Birthday
11-01 (dragonclaw) Paul & Sue's 25th Anniversary
11-02 (mamapan) Jay's Birthday
11-04 (mamapan) Amy's son Andre's Birthday (In which I will mourn the loss of my girlish figure)
11-06 (sarkar) Kiran's Birthday
11-09 (12vman) Gabrielle's 18th Birthday (still can't drink on this cruise!)
11-15 (magaly63) Gabby's 30th Anniversary
11-17 (krhnbt) Karen's Birthday
11-19 (pup1811) Pup's Birthday

Ernie

October 25 is our wedding anniversary. We will be on the Bermuda cruise then.
Jan

gowanajones2000
July 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Ya know, Jim, you are gone for months at a time, then you resurface. I still think that you should be on the cruise with us instead of your "other" group! Who else would actually "guarantee" a great cruise?? Change your plans, "jump ship" so to speak, and join us!:D

Ernie
Ernie,, It s my busy time of year... I d like to do both cruises.....I may have to go to Atlantic city to win money for the 10-27 cruise....AAre you coming to the jersey shore today 7-17?

smooth_sailin
July 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Fellow cruisers, it looks like Royal Caribbean posted another rate reduction this weekend. I'm trying to either lock in at the new lower rate, or upgrade to a JS. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Happy Sunday,
Dena

laskoske
July 17th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Fellow cruisers, it looks like Royal Caribbean posted another rate reduction this weekend. I'm trying to either lock in at the new lower rate, or upgrade to a JS. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Happy Sunday,
Dena

Hi, Dena,

I saw that reduction yesterday, it seemed to be the same as the price drop we got a few weeks ago. I hope you were able to take advantage of this one if you didn't before. We upgraded from an E1 to a D1 for less money a few weeks ago, and the prices are very similar if not exact right now. I am hoping to get that "Senior" discount when and if that ever comes!:)

Ernie

laskoske
July 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Ernie,, It s my busy time of year... I d like to do both cruises.....I may have to go to Atlantic city to win money for the 10-27 cruise....AAre you coming to the jersey shore today 7-17?

Hey, Jim,

Yes, we went to Toms River, NJ today to get together with Raj & Kiran, Pup & Pal, and Ed, at the beautiful home of Pup & Kiran's aunt. What a beautiful day it was, great food, great company, great weather, you couldn't ask for more, other than to stay longer!

Please try to hit it big in AC so you can go on this cruise with us, or hit it really big and pay for all of us to join you on a supercruise!

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Happy Sunday,
Dena

And as usual, Dena, the prices are back to "normal" this morning. I think they are playing games with us. There have been about 5 or 6 weekends where the prices dropped exactly the same, only to have them back up there on Monday morning. I don't know what they are trying to prove with this, do they think that we are falling for it? How about giving one or two significant price decreases and stop fooling around with us!:mad:

Ernie

mamapan
July 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi, Dena,

I saw that reduction yesterday, it seemed to be the same as the price drop we got a few weeks ago. I hope you were able to take advantage of this one if you didn't before. We upgraded from an E1 to a D1 for less money a few weeks ago, and the prices are very similar if not exact right now. I am hoping to get that "Senior" discount when and if that ever comes!:)

Ernie

I wish we saw a reduction but there are no other E2 rooms to compare prices with ours.

mamapan
July 18th, 2011, 08:41 AM
happy 100 days until the cruise!!!!!

sarkar
July 18th, 2011, 09:11 AM

we coming back in 90 days can't believe ....

we had a great time with the mayor and ed yestarday ...

can't wait now to have a 10 day party with everyone else ....

raj

kaboodle
July 18th, 2011, 10:05 AM
we booked this cruise on may 12, 2010. we always go E-2 on the explorer and our cabin is on the hump. we booked it for 1199.00. i have noticed that rccl plays games with the pricing on the weekends, but it goes no lower than what we have. we always book early as we get the best rates and pick of cabins. we have 31 rccl cruises and 10 others and have 4 more rccl cruises booked up though 2012. now we start thinking about 2013. we do the future cruise thing and it gives us great discounts and shipboard credits. i recommend this as it is a no brainer. my current t/a gives us additional shipboard credits and free insurance. how does this compare with your rates?

mamapan
July 18th, 2011, 11:11 AM
we booked this cruise on may 12, 2010. we always go E-2 on the explorer and our cabin is on the hump. we booked it for 1199.00. i have noticed that rccl plays games with the pricing on the weekends, but it goes no lower than what we have. we always book early as we get the best rates and pick of cabins. we have 31 rccl cruises and 10 others and have 4 more rccl cruises booked up though 2012. now we start thinking about 2013. we do the future cruise thing and it gives us great discounts and shipboard credits. i recommend this as it is a no brainer. my current t/a gives us additional shipboard credits and free insurance. how does this compare with your rates?

We booked onboard last year because we wanted a specific cabin - an aft corner balcony - #9690. I want to say our total was around $2700 with insurance but I really don't remember off hand. My papers are all at home, and I'm in the office. Looking online today, $3000 was the lowest I saw for the E2 category.

Funny thing is that last week I looked and there were NO E2's available. I don't understand how this business all works anyway. When you compare rates are you just going to the Royal website & pretending you're doing a new booking? That's how I did it.

smooth_sailin
July 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM
By the time my t/a got back to me the rates had gone back up. We booked our D-2 balcony for $1319 + lots of OBC and free perks. Yesterday the RCCL website had the category for $1199 -- and the t/a said this morning it was $1419. What kind of game is this?

gowanajones2000
July 18th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hey, Jim,

Yes, we went to Toms River, NJ today to get together with Raj & Kiran, Pup & Pal, and Ed, at the beautiful home of Pup & Kiran's aunt. What a beautiful day it was, great food, great company, great weather, you couldn't ask for more, other than to stay longer!

Please try to hit it big in AC so you can go on this cruise with us, or hit it really big and pay for all of us to join you on a supercruise!

Ernie
wow . it would have been nice to get an invite . Im about 10 minutes away.

bschoon60
July 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hi all:

Has anyone received any response regarding a bio bay tour? I found another company and have sent off an email inquiry and will let you know if I receive any response.

I will continue to follow up on any new leads.

Barb :cool:

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 09:55 PM
wow . it would have been nice to get an invite . I'm about 10 minutes away.

Jim?

Jim who?
http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/PoolGames1.jpg

Is that the Jim who toyed around with us and made us believe that he wanted to cruise with us, then blew us off?

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/PoolGames3.jpg

Is that the Jim who saw me lying on the deck at the pool games and did nothing just so he could finish in a higher position than I did?

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/PoolGames4.jpg

Just kidding, Jim! I didn't realize that you lived so close, and it certainly wasn't within my power to invite you to a person's house who I never even met before. But I am sure that if Raj and Kiran knew that you lived so close, they would have had their aunt open her home to you just as she did to us, she was so generous and so warm and open, such a great person! We are thinking of moving in with her!:D

Seriously Jim, I wish you were cruising with us, we would all have such a good time. Maybe next year!! But keep trying and join us, the FUN group, rather than whatever boring group you are going with this time!!:rolleyes:

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hi all:

Has anyone received any response regarding a bio bay tour? I found another company and have sent off an email inquiry and will let you know if I receive any response.

I will continue to follow up on any new leads.

Barb :cool:

Thanks for being so diligent and persistent, Barb. I would really like to do that trip, so please keep trying!

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 10:03 PM
By the time my t/a got back to me the rates had gone back up. We booked our D-2 balcony for $1319 + lots of OBC and free perks. Yesterday the RCCL website had the category for $1199 -- and the t/a said this morning it was $1419. What kind of game is this?

As long as you can prove that the rates were down over the weekend, you should still be able to have your TA call RC and get that rate. Just watch for it, quote the exact price for the exact category, and you should be able to get it. That's what our TA told me!

You are right, it IS a game, and I have never seen them playing around with the prices over the weekends so much in all the time we have been cruising. I think it is a ploy to get newer customers to book, since RC has nothing to gain and much to lose when an established customer sees the lower rate and tries to get it, RC loses out on that profit, and TAs don't usually work on the weekends, so RC will just raise the rate on Monday. Well, I don't care how much profit RC loses, I want the good deal, and I will keep looking for it and alerting everyone when I see it!

Ernie

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 10:09 PM
We booked onboard last year because we wanted a specific cabin - an aft corner balcony - #9690. I want to say our total was around $2700 with insurance but I really don't remember off hand. My papers are all at home, and I'm in the office. Looking online today, $3000 was the lowest I saw for the E2 category.

Funny thing is that last week I looked and there were NO E2's available. I don't understand how this business all works anyway. When you compare rates are you just going to the Royal website & pretending you're doing a new booking? That's how I did it.

Hi, Amy,

That's exactly how I did it, compared prices as if I were an new customer. Sometimes you can get your room reduced, and sometimes you are offered a newer room in a better category (D1 versus E2), but you give up the room that you wanted. I had a center hump cabin E1 but gave it up for a D1 a few rooms away. It was a bigger cabin, larger balcony, and cheaper, so I figured that it was worth it to save money and get the better cabin. It is not the center hump, but that's okay, with the money I saved, the extra drinks will help me adjust to that!:D

We did the cabin crawl last year for the first time, and I liked those aft cabins. If anyone is organizing the cabin crawl, maybe you can show your aft to us. Wait, that just didn't sound right!:rolleyes:

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 10:14 PM

31 RCCL cruises?????

We are not worthy, we are not worthy, we are not worthy!!!

That's fantastic! Do you ever list them to see how many of us may have been on the same cruises with you?

I am still hoping for one more price drop, a legitimate price drop for the seniors among us, and then we can all jump on it! Or at least those of us who have earned all our grey hairs!

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM

Wow, Amy, by this time tomorrow, we will be in the double digits!!!

Raj is already in the double digits since his countdown target is his arrival in the states. I will have the longest countdown since my countdown clock is set for our departure time, not midnight of the day of departure.

Let the party begin!!!!!!:D

Can't wait to meet the people we haven't met before, and to reconnect to those we have. Let's get this chatter going!

Ernie

laskoske
July 18th, 2011, 10:21 PM
we coming back in 90 days can't believe ....

we had a great time with the mayor and ed yestarday ...

can't wait now to have a 10 day party with everyone else ....

raj

Raj and Kiran,

Have a safe flight back to the UK, looking forward to seeing you in September!

Who knows, maybe we will get together prior to sail date since you will be back in the states a week before!:D

Ernie

cropping cruiser
July 18th, 2011, 10:22 PM
And as usual, Dena, the prices are back to "normal" this morning. I think they are playing games with us. There have been about 5 or 6 weekends where the prices dropped exactly the same, only to have them back up there on Monday morning. I don't know what they are trying to prove with this, do they think that we are falling for it? How about giving one or two significant price decreases and stop fooling around with us!:mad:

Ernie

Hey Ernie,
Just stopped by to say hi. Saw you listed on boards. Met you and DW on Nov. 2009 Members Cruise. We are sailing on Dec.11, 2011. Sorry we missed sailing with you again. Can't go much sooner DD is getting married in Nov 2011 so we have to wait until Dec.:( but glad she is getting married.:D
Looks like you have been staying with the Oct/Nov cruise schedule. So maybe next year.
Enjoy your cruise !!!
Anne

mamapan
July 19th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Hi, Amy,

That's exactly how I did it, compared prices as if I were an new customer. Sometimes you can get your room reduced, and sometimes you are offered a newer room in a better category (D1 versus E2), but you give up the room that you wanted. I had a center hump cabin E1 but gave it up for a D1 a few rooms away. It was a bigger cabin, larger balcony, and cheaper, so I figured that it was worth it to save money and get the better cabin. It is not the center hump, but that's okay, with the money I saved, the extra drinks will help me adjust to that!:D

We did the cabin crawl last year for the first time, and I liked those aft cabins. If anyone is organizing the cabin crawl, maybe you can show your aft to us. Wait, that just didn't sound right!:rolleyes:

Ernie

Ok, good. I see people talk about it all the time and figured it was safe to ask here instead of the general discussion boards because my nice group of EGE people doesn't flame those of us who aren't totally into knowing all the secrets. Thank you!! :D

I keep looking around too in different categories but I haven't seen a single room yet that I like more than the one that we'll have. Just about any other room is closer to the elevators, but I am not worried about that. We plan on ordering coffee via room service every morning so we can enjoy a cuppa while we get ready for breakfast or whatever.

LOL yes - Ernie I will show you (and the other cabin crawlers) my aft! :p We booked this room after meeting a couple on board last year who had this cabin - turns out they live 10 minutes away from us here in the Hartford CT area! They were the first people we met on board. We fell in love with the big balcony and made sure to book before we disembarked.

mamapan
July 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Ok when I said that I hadn't seen a single room that I liked better than the one we booked for this cruise...what I mean is that I haven't seen another room that I liked better THAT I CAN AFFORD.

If money were no object - that's another story!:)

sunshinne83
July 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

With the price drop over the weekend my group tired to move to inside balconies. I was a little bummed to find out they do not have inside balconie cabins (over the promanade) for more than 2 people in a room. My parents who have gone on 10+ plus cruises had never heard of this before. I guess we are staying in the inside cabin. Ah well!

Sara

bschoon60
July 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Thanks for being so diligent and persistent, Barb. I would really like to do that trip, so please keep trying!

Ernie

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I actually got a response regarding the bio bay tour. We may not have enough time to get to the bay and back seeing as how we don't get into port until 4:00 PM. Can anyone tell me how much time it will take to get to the sheraton hotel in Old San Juan from the port?

mamapan
July 19th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

With the price drop over the weekend my group tired to move to inside balconies. I was a little bummed to find out they do not have inside balconie cabins (over the promanade) for more than 2 people in a room. My parents who have gone on 10+ plus cruises had never heard of this before. I guess we are staying in the inside cabin. Ah well!

Sara

We had a promenade view stateroom years ago - none have room for more than 2 people to my knowledge. They're a little snug but the bay window that looks into the promenade is nice.

sarkar
July 19th, 2011, 02:03 PM

hi Jim

we did think of having a bigger get together but we are staying with Kiran's Uncle and Aunt who would have been quite happy to have a bigger get together but we had unexpected visiter from india :eek:

as ed would say do they have the PLAGE in india .... :D

kiran's aunt wants to do a party in november after the cruise so we will be give you a ring my friend

i hope you did not find it rude :(

talk soon

raj

bschoon60
July 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I actually got a response regarding the bio bay tour. We may not have enough time to get to the bay and back seeing as how we don't get into port until 4:00 PM.

Here's the latest response:

Hello

If you take into account the de-boarding time, I honestly donít think you will make here in time. There is also traffic leaving San Juan at that time so I donít recommend it.

Let me know what you decide.

Jenefer
East Island Excursions, Inc.

Any ideas, or opinions? It doesn't sound like we'll have enough time. :(

Barb

krhnbt
July 19th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I actually got a response regarding the bio bay tour. We may not have enough time to get to the bay and back seeing as how we don't get into port until 4:00 PM. Can anyone tell me how much time it will take to get to the sheraton hotel in Old San Juan from the port?

Sheraton Hotel is right across the street from the pier that we should be docking at.

gowanajones2000
July 20th, 2011, 12:38 AM
hi Jim

we did think of having a bigger get together but we are staying with Kiran's Uncle and Aunt who would have been quite happy to have a bigger get together but we had unexpected visiter from india :eek:

kiran's aunt wants to do a party in november after the cruise so we will be give you a ring my friend

talk soon

raj
not at all raj....We ll get together soon.....

smooth_sailin
July 20th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Here's the latest response:

Hello
If you take into account the de-boarding time, I honestly donít think you will make here in time.

Jenefer
East Island Excursions, Inc.

Barb
Hi Barb and others,
I would take the advice of a local who knows the traffic patterns and travel times. Maybe we shouldn't stress out -- maybe we should just "go with the flow" and eat pig on the beach, as Ed suggests. This is the one tour I was really looking forward to - but if it doesn't happen, we'll just have to return to PR! :)

Dena

PS: Thank you for continuing to crusade for this!

merdon
July 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
We finally made it to double digits! HURRAY!!!!:D

bschoon60
July 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hi Barb and others,
I would take the advice of a local who knows the traffic patterns and travel times. Maybe we shouldn't stress out -- maybe we should just "go with the flow" and eat pig on the beach, as Ed suggests. This is the one tour I was really looking forward to - but if it doesn't happen, we'll just have to return to PR! :)

Dena

DENA:

I agree, unless RRCL comes up with a tour so we are guaranteed they wait for us, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Barb

laskoske
July 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by smooth_sailin http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29855718#post29855718)
Hi Barb and others,

Dena

DENA:

I agree, unless RRCL comes up with a tour so we are guaranteed they wait for us, I don't think it's worth the risk.

Barb

And I agree with the both of you, it is too risky trying to squeeze a tour in especially when the locals are advising against it. I have absolutely no problem spending the time wandering around the dock area for a little while and still eating all the free food on the ship! Just because we stop at a port doesn't mean that we are compelled to take a trip. I'm low maintenance and would be perfectly content with a drink or two in my hand and relaxing!

I do hope that the duty free dock is open to us, it is the least that they could do for getting us into port so late!

Ernie

laskoske
July 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM
hi Jim

talk soon

raj

Party at Aunt Gail's house in November??? We are IN!!!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 20th, 2011, 09:24 PM
We had a promenade view stateroom years ago - none have room for more than 2 people to my knowledge. They're a little snug but the bay window that looks into the promenade is nice.

I hope someone in our group has a promenade view cabin, I would like to see it on the cabin crawl.

Does anyone have one?

Ernie

laskoske
July 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hey Ernie,
Just stopped by to say hi. Saw you listed on boards. Met you and DW on Nov. 2009 Members Cruise. We are sailing on Dec.11, 2011. Sorry we missed sailing with you again. Can't go much sooner DD is getting married in Nov 2011 so we have to wait until Dec.:( but glad she is getting married.:D
Looks like you have been staying with the Oct/Nov cruise schedule. So maybe next year.
Enjoy your cruise !!!
Anne

Thanks for checking back in with me, Anne! It's always nice when you can get a blast from the past, and you never know when people's paths will cross again.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, that is very exciting.

We have never done a December cruise, usually stay with the late October/ early November venue. My wife is the church organist, so December is a busy month for her.

Keep in touch, say hi to Mike for me. Have a great cruise.

Ernie

mamapan
July 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
I hope someone in our group has a promenade view cabin, I would like to see it on the cabin crawl.

Does anyone have one?

Ernie

We really enjoyed the one we had. It was on deck 7, right across from the Cafe Promenade so in the morning, we'd peek out the bay window to see how much of a line there was and get coffee for when we were getting ready for breakfast. If the line wasn't so bad, I'd just go down in my jammies! :)

I think they were about the same size as any other inside cabin, but what made it feel nice was the bay window to the promenade. It had a little seat so you could sit right there and gave a lot of light.

I was worried about the noise but it was surprisingly quiet. Even during the parades, you could still have a conversation at a normal speaking level and hear each other perfectly. I'd book one again.

bschoon60
July 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
And I agree with the both of you, it is too risky trying to squeeze a tour in especially when the locals are advising against it. I have absolutely no problem spending the time wandering around the dock area for a little while and still eating all the free food on the ship! Just because we stop at a port doesn't mean that we are compelled to take a trip. I'm low maintenance and would be perfectly content with a drink or two in my hand and relaxing!

I do hope that the duty free dock is open to us, it is the least that they could do for getting us into port so late!

Ernie

Ernie:

Do you know if the Hard Rock is within walking distance from the pier?

laskoske
July 21st, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ernie:

I believe that most, if not all rocks are hard, so it is difficult to answer this question. I would have to know which pier, in which country, which size rock, etc.

Or, I would have to stop drinking prior to logging onto Cruise Critic so I would not be so tempted to post such smart-assed comments!

In other words, Barb, no, I do not know!:rolleyes:

Ernie

krhnbt
July 22nd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Ernie:

Barb..

The Hard Rock closed in PR in April 2011:(...but there is a Senor Frogs, right across from the pier that we should be docking at.

Karen

mamapan
July 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Ernie:

I know! I know!

Yes - it is within an easy walk/stumble from the pier (providing it's the same one we docked at last time). I would say maybe 5 minutes at the most.

kaboodle
July 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
we look at the rccl site and go as if we are booking a cruise and check it everyday. they do go up and down and in the past we noticed that the rates have not moved much. in the past when the rates go down we have had our rate lowered. the last cruise we took starting on march 31 this year we had our cabin rate which was E-2 lowered 3 times. also, my t/a just told me that rccl will not lower the rates after you pay your final fees. this is the first i heard of this.

ernie- i would be able to list all of our 31 cruises on rccl, however, we started in 1985 and rccl lists most of the cruises we all take, however, their present system only goes back to 1992. i do know how many on each ship from my memory. the only problem that keeps me from listing what i know is i do not know how to do it so it would post after all my posts.
we were on the nov. 2009 members cruise with you, but did not meet you.
carl

mamapan
July 22nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
we look at the rccl site and go as if we are booking a cruise and check it everyday. they do go up and down and in the past we noticed that the rates have not moved much. in the past when the rates go down we have had our rate lowered. the last cruise we took starting on march 31 this year we had our cabin rate which was E-2 lowered 3 times. also, my t/a just told me that rccl will not lower the rates after you pay your final fees. this is the first i heard of this.

Hi Carl!
Thanks for that info. I just couldn't figure out any other way other than to drive my TA crazy calling her every day and I am glad to hear that at least I was doing it the best possible way.

I keep checking but still haven't seen anything as low as the price we got on board when we booked. In fact it wasn't until this week that I saw any other E2 cabins available to compare mine with! They're still $300+ more than we paid but I'm going to keep looking just the same.

The decision not to honor price drops after final payment is fairly recent - like within the last year or so I believe, and from reading posts here on CC they are sticking to their guns.

I look forward to meeting you!

Amy (aka Mamapan)

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I remember when I originally built on this lot in 1977. My friend (who was a logger accustomed to having much land), said to me when I bought my lot, "That's not a lot, that's a little!" I will never forget that line!:D

Ernie

A lot more than mine! HAHAHA

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hello Everyone...

Sara

That is AWESOME! cant wait to meet you all as well!

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
P.S. The shirts look great!

Sara

oh yea! i better get on that huh?
get the graphic complete and get these pre-orders coming in before its too late!

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
though hopefully Ed is making some headway on our private pig roast, which we will definitely join!

there is nothing more to do but give her a head count so she can quote!
as of now, I havent got an official headcount, so I will just ask her to quote me on 20-30 people. I would like to think we had 20?

It would be much better if we can somehow get a PROBABLE head count. last I heard, many folks were still holding out for the Bio bay tour.

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
Columbus Day trip to CT for God Baby Baptism;

Where in CT?

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 08:09 PM

Sorry Jim, My attendance was VERY last minute and even then, i had "issues". my mind was elsewhere....my apologies.

12vman
July 22nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hi I guess we are staying in the inside cabin. Ah well!

Sara

We used to get (2) joining balconies, as I had a family of (5). Now that my Son is away at college, we have (4), so the last cruise we went inside in one room and saved a BUTT load of money. Yea, I love the balconies, but i love going on one cruise a year instead of one cruise every two years. The ship IS a balcony! HAHAHA

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 12:11 AM
We used to get (2) joining balconies, as I had a family of (5). Now that my Son is away at college, we have (4), so the last cruise we went inside in one room and saved a BUTT load of money. Yea, I love the balconies, but i love going on one cruise a year instead of one cruise every two years. The ship IS a balcony! HAHAHA

Very well said, Ed, the ship IS a balcony! Do you really spend so much time in the room that it balances out the several hundred dollar cost difference? Probably not. But those balcony moments are SO nice!

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 12:13 AM
oh yea! i better get on that huh?
get the graphic complete and get these pre-orders coming in before its too late!

We are all looking forward to seeing the final version of the new T-shirt design. Did you decide if you were going to add a "II" for East Ghost Explorers II?

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 12:16 AM
The decision not to honor price drops after final payment is fairly recent - like within the last year or so I believe, and from reading posts here on CC they are sticking to their guns.

Amy (aka Mamapan)

Amy, I had heard that if the price drops after the final payment, they sometimes will offer extra onboard credits to make up the price difference. I hope that is true in our case. Has anyone else ever heard of that?

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 08:03 AM

ernie- i would be able to list all of our 31 cruises on rccl, however, we started in 1985 and rccl lists most of the cruises we all take, however, their present system only goes back to 1992. i do know how many on each ship from my memory. the only problem that keeps me from listing what i know is i do not know how to do it so it would post after all my posts.
we were on the nov. 2009 members cruise with you, but did not meet you.
carl

Hi, Carl,

Do you mean there was someone on that ship that I DIDN'T meet?:rolleyes: I remembered your screen name (loved the kit n kaboodle reference!). That was a great cruise, wasn't it? That was our first and only Member cruise, nice daily surprises, but the weather in St. Thomas was lousy when they gave us the free excursion, if I remember correctly.

I look forward to meeting you guys on THIS trip, it might be difficult to avoid me for 9 days! Were you able to get a group rate for your group. We were able to get enough people for at least 8 cabins which gave us the tour conductor discount (where all of us will split the money which would have been equivalent to having one person in the group go for free).

Keep posting, Carl!

Ernie

raeofsun70
July 23rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Hello Everyone. We are getting closer : ) I have a quick question for ya....I have had no success locating a compass for our cruise and I was wondering if anyone knew what night formal night would be on during our cruise?

smilecharmer
July 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Ernie,
I agree,the balconies are wonderful!

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Surprise, surprise, it is the weekend and the prices "went down" again to their usual weekend rate drop. What is RC trying to achieve here? It is the same price drop as the last 5 weekends, then it goes up to the same price it usually is by Monday morning. Do they really think we are falling for it?

We need some REAL price reductions! Now for some of you who have not taken advantage of any price drop, these prices may work for you. Do it before the final payment solidifies your rate.

Has anyone heard of the offer to have onboard credits offered once the final payment is made and there is a price drop afterward?

Ernie

smilecharmer
July 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Good Morning,

Thanks for the heads up! This is great that the prices are declining daily,lol.....:confused:

I havent heard anything in regards to price drops beyond full payment:cool:

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smilecharmer

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
Good Morning,

Thanks for the heads up! This is great that the prices are declining daily,lol.....:confused:

I havent heard anything in regards to price drops beyond full payment:cool:

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smilecharmer

Well, it's about time that you posted again! I thought we would need to send the search party out for you! Did you check out Matt's video and pictures yet?

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
And we are officially...

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
Post 1400!:D:D:D

Ernie

ZoeandZak
July 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Hi Everyone,
We have booked this wonderful cruise. And looking forward to it sooooo much. Needless to say the older we get the busier we get and I always thought it would be the other way around. What I'm saying is we want and need a brake. Anyway it is great to see this sight so active. Hope to meet you guys on the cruise. We are George and Dawn De Angelis. from Maryland

kaboodle
July 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
hi ernie

we were on the free excursion in st. thomas on the nov. 2009 member cruise. too bad it rained. we enjoyed the air cond. bus, did you???? i do not know if i mentioned that my wife's name is catherine, but she has always been called kit. hence came kaboodle. we are looking forward to the cruise and meeting you all.

kaboodle
July 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
ernie

i forgot to mention that i did hear that rccl would give shipboard credits not reductions in cost of the cruise if the rates go down after final payments which are due aug. 8th. that would be nice.
carl and kit

krhnbt
July 23rd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Everyone,
We have booked this wonderful cruise. And looking forward to it sooooo much. Needless to say the older we get the busier we get and I always thought it would be the other way around. What I'm saying is we want and need a brake. Anyway it is great to see this sight so active. Hope to meet you guys on the cruise. We are George and Dawn De Angelis. from Maryland

Hi George and Dawn and welcome aboard! I will tell you this is a very active board and as we get closer to the cruise its gets more active, a bunch of us have cruised together as you can see from previous posts...we have a great group and glad you have joined us! You will have a great time.

Karen & Russ

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome, George and Dawn!

If you have not booked through a travel agent, let me know, we may be able to get some perks for you if you can join our group and we can move your reservation over to our group. E-mail me at laskoske@comcast.net and I can give you the details. How many cruises have you been on before?

Yes, we are an active and fun-loving group. We celebrate events such as birthdays and anniversaries, we communicate a lot, and in general have a very good time. As time gets closer to cruise time, we will organize a cabin crawl, slot pull, other fun things. Try to read up on some of the older posts to see our picture pages and private FaceBook page.

We are glad that you can join us, I don't think you will be disappointed.:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
ernie

i forgot to mention that i did hear that rccl would give shipboard credits not reductions in cost of the cruise if the rates go down after final payments which are due aug. 8th. that would be nice.
carl and kit

That would be great to get those onboard credits if we find a price reduction after the final payment was made! Usually there is a "senior" discount, we got it on every cruise except the last one. I am still hoping for it!

Ernie

laskoske
July 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
hi ernie

we were on the free excursion in st. thomas on the nov. 2009 member cruise. too bad it rained. we enjoyed the air cond. bus, did you???? i do not know if i mentioned that my wife's name is catherine, but she has always been called kit. hence came kaboodle. we are looking forward to the cruise and meeting you all.

I remember talking to you about the origin of the Kit N Kaboodle name on one of the previous boards, I loved it! So if her name is Kit, what does that make you? Would that be Mr. Kaboodle to me?

Ernie

kaboodle
July 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
ernie

how about caboose or kaboose for me?

carl

could anyone please walk me though how to put my cruises on my postings. i have been posting for many cruises and have not thought to listing all of our cruises, until ernie mentioned it. it would be a long listing of 41 cruises and four more booked. i could give it a try. i mentioned in a previous posting that rccl only goes back to around 1992 and we had about 5 cruises prior to that. i know the names of those ships, but not the dates.

mamapan
July 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I've been checking the price drop but it's no good for me. For my E2 it would be an additional $300 over what I paid. Oh well.

laskoske
July 24th, 2011, 09:30 PM
ernie

how about caboose or kaboose for me?

carl

could anyone please walk me though how to put my cruises on my postings. i have been posting for many cruises and have not thought to listing all of our cruises, until ernie mentioned it. it would be a long listing of 41 cruises and four more booked. i could give it a try. i mentioned in a previous posting that rccl only goes back to around 1992 and we had about 5 cruises prior to that. i know the names of those ships, but not the dates.

Carl,

At the top of this page. go into the User CP link, then go into edit signature and you can put in the names of the ships that you sailed on with the dates. That is, if you remember all of them! Then hit save signature and it will show up on every posting.

Let me know if this works or if you need more assistance on it.

Ernie

smooth_sailin
July 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Is everyone on this list aware of rum runners? This is for the scofflaws among you who may want to pack things you shouldn't:

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Since most of you have sailed many, many times, I'm sure you've heard of these, perhaps the greatest invention for cruisers of all time. If not, I suggest you visit this site and add up how much this will save you on your next cruise.

Dena
(who is honestly not a lush, but I do love a bargain)

laskoske
July 25th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Is everyone on this list aware of rum runners? This is for the scofflaws among you who may want to pack things you shouldn't:

Since most of you have sailed many, many times, I'm sure you've heard of these, perhaps the greatest invention for cruisers of all time. If not, I suggest you visit this site and add up how much this will save you on your next cruise.

Dena

Ask Raj about these. I thought he had an ostomy bag!:rolleyes:

Ernie

mamapan
July 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Dena

I have a set and I love them! I will also add that we have a 100% success rate of getting them on board too:cool:

sarkar
July 25th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Dena

hi dena

bought these last cruise they worked well

as kiran says "were crazy talking about these things on a board which could be read by rccl lol " my ladies always right lol

Ed had a good idea as well but they were for medical use lol

see you soon

raj

sunshinne83
July 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
The price really went down on the weekend. It went down to $684 CAN and now is back to $918 CAN. That's sneaky of RRCL!

I told my father who is paying for the cruise for all of us (wedding present for my brother and I). I hope he can get the discount. I do know he has not paid in full yet so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

sarkar
July 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

George and Dawn

Welcome to the world of the EOS II .....

your going to have a great time ...

see you soon

raj

bschoon60
July 25th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I believe that most, if not all rocks are hard, so it is difficult to answer this question. I would have to know which pier, in which country, which size rock, etc.

Or, I would have to stop drinking prior to logging onto Cruise Critic so I would not be so tempted to post such smart-assed comments!

In other words, Barb, no, I do not know!:rolleyes:

Ernie

Ernie: Since we were talking about San Juan, I, of course jumped to the conclusion that you would realize I was talking about the one in PR! I am used to smart-asses answers ~ I once asked a male friend of mine what he was wearing - I figured since we were talking about a trip we were to take the next day, he would KNOW what I meant.....he replied "I've been waiting for someone to ask my pink thong & red high heels."

LOL:D

bschoon60
July 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Barb..

The Hard Rock closed in PR in April 2011:(...but there is a Senor Frogs, right across from the pier that we should be docking at.

Karen

Oh, shucks - my hubby collects their tshirts....I know I checked online earlier, but haven't checked lately, so didn't realize they had closed. Senor Frogs sounds good!

Barb

bschoon60
July 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Where in CT?

They just moved to Manchester about 6 months ago.

Barb

bschoon60
July 25th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Welcome George and Dawn:

I hope you will enjoy reading the posts and cruises on the Explorer. My husband and I cruised to Bermuda last September and it was just an awesome sight leaving the port and seeing the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan.

Barb:)

12vman
July 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Hello Everyone. We are getting closer : ) I have a quick question for ya....I have had no success locating a compass for our cruise and I was wondering if anyone knew what night formal night would be on during our cruise?

I save ALL my compasses from all my cruises. I have last years but it was one day shorter, Ill have to look for it tonight. I will say this.... I believe the 2nd night was formal. and of course formal nights are only on sea days.

12vman
July 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM
I save ALL my compasses from all my cruises. I have last years but it was one day shorter, Ill have to look for it tonight. I will say this.... I believe the 2nd night was formal. and of course formal nights are only on sea days.

last year....
10/28, casual
10-29, formal
10/30,
10/31, Labadee, Haiti
11/1, Semana, DR
11/2, St. Thomas
11/3, St. Kitts
11/4
11/5, formal
11/6
11/7

12vman
July 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome! Welcome all!

12vman
July 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/%3Ca%20href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/5975688899/%20target=_blank%3E[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5975688899_57f1949452_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/5975688899/)Last years shirt! So many people approached us asking where to buy them, they were a big hit

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5975688899_57f1949452_b.jpg

mamapan
July 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM
They just moved to Manchester about 6 months ago.

Barb

Hey! That's my neck of the woods! Jay & I live in Glastonbury!!

laskoske
July 25th, 2011, 09:55 PM
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/%3Ca%20href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/5975688899/%20target=_blank%3E[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5975688899_57f1949452_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/32066317@N08/5975688899/)Last years shirt! So many people approached us asking where to buy them, they were a big hit

I'm telling you, Ed, if you don't put the RC Crown & Anchor symbol on them, you can sell them! Go for it, you can make enough money to pay for your cruise.

...or at least one drink on the cruise!

Ernie

laskoske
July 25th, 2011, 10:04 PM
last year....
10/28, casual
10-29, formal
10/30,
10/31, Labadee, Haiti
11/1, Semana, DR
11/2, St. Thomas
11/3, St. Kitts
11/4
11/5, formal
11/6
11/7

November 12, 2009, 9 night Explorer:

Day 1, Casual - at sea leaving Cape Liberty, celebrating
Day 2, Formal - at sea
Day 3, Smart Casual - at sea
Day 4, Casual - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Day 5, Casual - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Day 6, Casual - Samana, Dominican Republic
Day 7, Casual - Labadee, Haiti
Day 8, Formal - at sea
Day 9, Casual - at sea, packing and crying

Sounds pretty similar. I am also a packrat and save everything!:eek:

Ernie

laskoske
July 25th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Ernie: Since we were talking about San Juan, I, of course jumped to the conclusion that you would realize I was talking about the one in PR! I am used to smart-asses answers ~ I once asked a male friend of mine what he was wearing - I figured since we were talking about a trip we were to take the next day, he would KNOW what I meant.....he replied "I've been waiting for someone to ask my pink thong & red high heels."

LOL:D

He might have been able to get away with hiding the pink thong, but I think you would have noticed the high heels!:rolleyes:

Ernie

laskoske
July 25th, 2011, 10:13 PM
hi dena

bought these last cruise they worked well

as kiran says "were crazy talking about these things on a board which could be read by rccl lol " my ladies always right lol

Ed had a good idea as well but they were for medical use lol

see you soon

raj

Kiran always has very good advice, we should all listed to her! It's probably not good to call so much attention to activities that might get you in trouble.

But these items are great inventions, seem to work very well!:D

Ernie

gowanajones2000
July 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM

Ed, I wear mine proudly... Any help for my 9-10 cruise yet?

laskoske
July 26th, 2011, 07:53 AM

And yours would have been more expensive if it had sleeves!:D

http://home.comcast.net/%7Elaskoske/PoolGames3.jpg

Ernie

mamapan
July 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Kiran always has very good advice, we should all listed to her! It's probably not good to call so much attention to activities that might get you in trouble.

But these items are great inventions, seem to work very well!:D

Ernie

I don't think it makes a difference. We would probably have seen posts here on CC that said "DON'T TALK ABOUT RUMRUNNERS OR THEY'LL LOOK FOR YOUR BAGS" or something!

Besides, I'm not saying I'll use them on this trip...;)

laskoske
July 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I don't think it makes a difference. We would probably have seen posts here on CC that said "DON'T TALK ABOUT RUMRUNNERS OR THEY'LL LOOK FOR YOUR BAGS" or something!

Besides, I'm not saying I'll use them on this trip...;)

You're right, Amy.

...and I'm not saying that I am buying them for this trip!!:rolleyes:

Ernie

12vman
July 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM

ok!

today is "get the shirts done day"!

Jim what cruise line was that you are on?

Yes, I'm going to get OUR EGE shirts done today as well!

12vman
July 26th, 2011, 09:13 AM
This is it Jim, right?

RCCL EOS

10-Sep Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=BYE) 11-Sep Cruising
12-Sep Kings Wharf, Bermuda (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=KWB)
13-Sep Kings Wharf, Bermuda (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=KWB)
14-Sep Cruising
15-Sep Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=BYE)

merdon
July 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Erinie, never mind.
I found the website and I'll upload a picture of Dion and me this evening.
Thanks for the info.

Donna

mamapan
July 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
You're right, Amy.

...and I'm not saying that I am buying them for this trip!!:rolleyes:

Ernie

Of course not. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

Or it could be like one of those awkward conversations we had with our parents..."Well, I have this friend and he was thinking about using rum runners..."

kaboodle
July 26th, 2011, 06:12 PM
i noticed that you live in glastonbury, ct. we have a cousin that lives in the same town. she lives on hurlburt.

laskoske
July 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Of course not. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more.

Or it could be like one of those awkward conversations we had with our parents..."Well, I have this friend and he was thinking about using rum runners..."

..and a Monty Python fan at that! No wonder I like you guys so much!

We saw Spamalot a few months ago, I absolutely loved it! If you have not had the opportunity to see it, find that opportunity, you will not be disappointed!

Ernie

laskoske
July 26th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Erinie, never mind.
Thanks for the info.

Donna

Well, that was easy, Donna, I didn't have to do a thing!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Erinie, never mind.
Thanks for the info.

Donna

Great picture, Donna and Dion. We are getting new life into this board and onto the other sites. Looking good!

And by tomorrow we will be officially 3 months way! With the best parts of the summer yet to come! Don't you just want to slap the enthusiasm/ optimism right out of me??

Ernie

laskoske
July 27th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Three months today!!!

Ernie

smooth_sailin
July 27th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I was just trying to perform a public service. My bags are open for scrutiny. Sort of. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Dena

mamapan
July 27th, 2011, 08:20 AM
i noticed that you live in glastonbury, ct. we have a cousin that lives in the same town. she lives on hurlburt.

Cool! We live near Griswold St. & Route 2. I know where Hurlburt is - less than 5 miles from my place - small world!! :D

mamapan
July 27th, 2011, 08:29 AM

We saw Spamalot a few months ago, I absolutely loved it! If you have not had the opportunity to see it, find that opportunity, you will not be disappointed!

Ernie

LOVE Monty Python! Our kids do too, which is fun because they were little when we started introducing them. My family is largely from the UK and we have very dry senses of humor, and appreciate the art of silliness, and MP is perfect for that.

I'd love to see Spamalot! I think it was in Hartford but we didn't get to go for whatever reason.

mamapan
July 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I was just trying to perform a public service. My bags are open for scrutiny. Sort of. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Dena

LOL!! Love it!

12vman
July 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Ed, Any help for my 9-10 cruise yet?

How about something like this for YOUR cruise Jim?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6021/5981306870_ce722d50e5_m.jpg

12vman
July 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM
NOW!...back to OUR logo!
I will work on this tonight and the weekend.
If anyone has any idea's they want to offer, to maybe
switch things up? colors? now is a good time to suggest!

Though I may or may not use your idea, I appreciate all thoughts!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6014/5980888051_5a63b74b93.jpg

laskoske
July 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
NOW!...back to OUR logo!

Great job, Ed.

Since this is East Ghost Explorers II (the Sequel) how about having the Roman Numerals II after Explorers? Or is the significance of the peace sign on the ghost actually standing for 2?

....just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..:)

Ernie

laskoske
July 27th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29941664#post29941664)

Ernie

LOVE Monty Python! Our kids do too, which is fun because they were little when we started introducing them. My family is largely from the UK and we have very dry senses of humor, and appreciate the art of silliness, and MP is perfect for that.

I'd love to see Spamalot! I think it was in Hartford but we didn't get to go for whatever reason.

You definitely have to see Spamalot, Amy!

My daughter is a travel nurse and lives in London, we will see her in September, as well as visit with Raj and Kiran, so what a small world this is to have your family from the UK as well!

Ernie

laskoske
July 27th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by smooth_sailin http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29945409#post29945409)

Dena

LOL!! Love it!

I loved it, too, and I am sure that not one of us has anything to hide, such fine, upstanding individuals as ourselves!:rolleyes:

Did you hear that, RC?

Ernie

gowanajones2000
July 27th, 2011, 05:33 PM
How about something like this for YOUR cruise Jim?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6021/5981306870_ce722d50e5_m.jpg
I like it ED... just one change.... make the date 9-10-11 and that would be excellent

raeofsun70
July 27th, 2011, 07:39 PM
please let me know when you will be selling these. My husband and I would love to purchase one.....

raeofsun70
July 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
please let me know when you will be selling these. My husband and I would love to purchase one.....

__________________NOW!...back to OUR logo!

raeofsun70
July 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
thank you so much

November 12, 2009, 9 night Explorer:

Day 1, Casual - at sea leaving Cape Liberty, celebrating
Day 2, Formal - at sea
Day 3, Smart Casual - at sea
Day 4, Casual - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Day 5, Casual - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Day 6, Casual - Samana, Dominican Republic
Day 7, Casual - Labadee, Haiti
Day 8, Formal - at sea
Day 9, Casual - at sea, packing and crying

Sounds pretty similar. I am also a packrat and save everything!:eek:

Ernie

bschoon60
July 27th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome Dion & Donna - I don't think I said that when you first showed up on the board. I've been away for a few days and I saw your picture on the other website.

Time is going fast! Only 3 more months.:p

merdon
July 27th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome Dion & Donna - I don't think I said that when you first showed up on the board. I've been away for a few days and I saw your picture on the other website.

Time is going fast! Only 3 more months.:p
Thanks for the warm welcome. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

P.S. Ed - love the artwork on the t-shirt. Let me know when they are available for purchase.

smooth_sailin
July 27th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Love the shirts also - put us down for a L and a XXL. I'll bet they make great cover-ups at the pool on at-sea days!

Dena

Alleycat1027
July 27th, 2011, 10:47 PM
HEY Everybody!!

Just thought I'd pop in a MEOW!! Coming down the home stretch and we've got to DECIDE!!!!!

SO far behind on the posts here (as usual). Any thoughts on the PR stop for that evening??

Any luck on a second group of 8 w/the TA?

Any one got any TEQUILA???? :eek:

Well, just to let y'all know we ARE still out here.....Ally & Paul :D

laskoske
July 28th, 2011, 05:47 AM
HEY Everybody!!

Just thought I'd pop in a MEOW!! Coming down the home stretch and we've got to DECIDE!!!!!

SO far behind on the posts here (as usual). Any thoughts on the PR stop for that evening??

Any luck on a second group of 8 w/the TA?

Any one got any TEQUILA???? :eek:

Well, just to let y'all know we ARE still out here.....Ally & Paul :D

Chase that CAT off the fence and finally decide to come with us, Ally! What are you waiting for? As for the second group, I am always hopeful that we'll be able to get that before the sail date. I am still hopeful that the senior discount will show up so we "elderly" can take advantage of it!

As for the tequila, if you go with us, you've got a free shot of tequila waiting for you, on me! Well, not exactly ON me like those spring break shots!:eek: I'll pay for it for you!

Ernie

12vman
July 28th, 2011, 07:06 AM
I like it ED... just one change.... make the date 9-10-11 and that would be excellent

OK, If you like it Ill complete it.
I think EOS needs to be in there as well.

The reason I added 9/10-15 was, I thought if it just said 9/10, it would looked like a typo!
seeing how the homage is made to the relevant date of 9/11.

krhnbt
July 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
NOW!...back to OUR logo!

How would the Ghost look with sunglasses?? :cool:

mamapan
July 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
You definitely have to see Spamalot, Amy!

My daughter is a travel nurse and lives in London, we will see her in September, as well as visit with Raj and Kiran, so what a small world this is to have your family from the UK as well!

Ernie

I have very fond memories of spending afternoons with my grandfather (who would have been 115 last week) after nursery school. He was so wonderful to me. He was in his 70's when I was born and passed away when I was 11 and he was well into his 80's.

A couple of years ago we went to Ellis Island for the first time. While we were there we found the documentation showing when he and his 8 brothers and sisters and mom came over from Bristol on the SS Oceania in the very early 1900's. His father was already here and they settled someplace in NY for a while before heading up Massachusetts. It was such a great experience to see EI and to see the documents from my family's crossing. My kids enjoyed how personal the history of Ellis Island became for us, especially where my grandfather was about 9 when he crossed, and my son was 7 at the time of our visit to EI.

sarkar
July 28th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Dena

that is to funny .... not that there anything wrong with using those things we are not using :eek: ;)

raj

sarkar
July 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
NOW!...back to OUR logo!

good job sir ji

he needs a cigar and possible the colour's in red and something else

raj

laskoske
July 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM
good job sir ji

he needs a cigar and possible the colour's in red and something else

raj

Sorry, Sir Raj ji,

No cigar. The sunglasses might be nice. And I still think we need the "II" in there.

Ernie

laskoske
July 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
that is to funny .... not that there anything wrong with using those things we are not using :eek: ;)

raj

Not that I would use any of those things that we are not using, but I just ordered a set not to use, with the secret discount that they do not give if you are not ordering and not using those things that we do not use or do not talk about.:rolleyes:

Ernie

bschoon60
July 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Not that I would use any of those things that we are not using, but I just ordered a set not to use, with the secret discount that they do not give if you are not ordering and not using those things that we do not use or do not talk about.:rolleyes:

Ernie

What do you mix with that stuff that you put in those things that you aren't ordering or using?

Barb

12vman
July 28th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry, Sir Raj ji,

No cigar. The sunglasses might be nice. And I still think we need the "II" in there.

Ernie

Ill put EGE2 in Ernie, but that is NOT a peace sign!!!
Ever seen Ghostbusters ll ????????
It wasnt titled- Ghostbusters Peace!!!!!...ugh

laskoske
July 28th, 2011, 09:42 PM
What do you mix with that stuff that you put in those things that you aren't ordering or using?

Barb

I wouldn't not mix anything or nothing which might be or not be alcoholic into those things that I may or may not have ordered which would possibly make it easier or not easier to get a less expensive feeling of a substance induced euphoria that would preclude that bar-r-r-r-r-r service call that we are so accustomed to.

Wait, even I can't follow that one!:rolleyes:

But thanks for asking!:D

Ernie

laskoske
July 28th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Ill put EGE2 in Ernie, but that is NOT a peace sign!!!
Ever seen Ghostbusters ll ????????
It wasnt titled- Ghostbusters Peace!!!!!...ugh

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt on that one just in case you interpreted it as a peace sign. Meanwhile, can you put the "II" in there somehow?

Ernie

12vman
July 28th, 2011, 11:44 PM
can you put the "II" in there somehow?

Ernie

Fa shaw Mayugh! wot-eva you waunt!

12vman
July 29th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I say we get Craig, Gregg, Clive, or any other interesting names we all gave him....to do what he said he was going to do this week, which is finalize everything and send out final confirmation emails.

He said last week he was going to do that this week...its Friday!
Lets get his butt in gear.

Isnt final payment due in about 7 days?
Im not paying by credit card, paying by bank check, so i myself need time to mail it to him.... ugh.

mamapan
July 29th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't not mix anything or nothing which might be or not be alcoholic into those things that I may or may not have ordered which would possibly make it easier or not easier to get a less expensive feeling of a substance induced euphoria that would preclude that bar-r-r-r-r-r service call that we are so accustomed to.

Wait, even I can't follow that one!:rolleyes:

But thanks for asking!:D

Ernie

I'm confused. I think I need a drink!! ;)

12vman
July 29th, 2011, 09:56 AM

One of my favorite MP quotes....

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government"

12vman
July 29th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I say we get Craig, Gregg, Clive, or any other interesting names we all gave him....to do what he said he was going to do this week, which is finalize everything and send out final confirmation emails.

He said last week he was going to do that this week...its Friday!
Lets get his butt in gear.

Isnt final payment due in about 7 days?
Im not paying by credit card, paying by bank check, so i myself need time to mail it to him.... ugh.

Spoke with Craig JUST now, he is trying to get the final payment figures totaled by Monday, there is still another deduction coming for the original 8.
(Just between us, he Said HIS final is due 8/6 but RCCL needs it by 8/13, so there is wiggle room, don't mention i said that to ya) So he IS working on it!

sarkar
July 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM

in the confusion i got very much confused ......

i always need i drink and yes i started growing my beard for the trip :D

raj

smooth_sailin
July 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Barb

When I am feeling particularly not festive I don't add Coke, or ice, or pineapple juice, or cranberry to what's not there. Or I transfer the red contents of the carrier [that I would NEEEEEE-VER consider bringing aboard a ship, purely hypothetical] into a glass-glass, with or without a stem, I'm not choosy. And there is no rule against carrying mixers aboard from our various tropical ports. To mix your iced tea with, natch. :rolleyes:

Dena

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM
When I am feeling particularly not festive I don't add Coke, or ice, or pineapple juice, or cranberry to what's not there. Or I transfer the red contents of the carrier [that I would NEEEEEE-VER consider bringing aboard a ship, purely hypothetical] into a glass-glass, with or without a stem, I'm not choosy. And there is no rule against carrying mixers aboard from our various tropical ports. To mix your iced tea with, natch. :rolleyes:

Dena

Loved it, Dena, and I think I was ALMOST able to follow that one!:D;)

Ernie

krhnbt
July 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Spoke with Craig JUST now, he is trying to get the final payment figures totaled by Monday, there is still another deduction coming for the original 8.
(Just between us, he Said HIS final is due 8/6 but RCCL needs it by 8/13, so there is wiggle room, don't mention i said that to ya) So he IS working on it!

Just between us, Craig aka Clive sent me an email last week with a final payment date of 8/9...so what is it, 8/6, 8/9:rolleyes:, I can't wait until we ask for a receipt for our payment!!!

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 08:42 PM
in the confusion i got very much confused ......

i always need i drink and yes i started growing my beard for the trip :D

raj

Are you sure that you didn't start growing your BREAD for this one, Raj?

Sorry, I just had to do it! I am sure that will add to the confusion of the people who are already confused, or not confused. For those who do not know, Raj can't tell the difference between beard and bread! But we love him anyway!

Ernie

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Just between us, Craig aka Clive sent me an email last week with a final payment date of 8/9...so what is it, 8/6, 8/9:rolleyes:, I can't wait until we ask for a receipt for our payment!!!

Let's give Craig a break, maybe he was a Jimi Hendrix fan and his favorite song was "If 6 Was 9". So he may be a bit confused, anyone growing up on Hendrix would still be confused today!

"If you remember the 60s, you weren't there."

Ernie

krhnbt
July 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Let's give Craig a break, maybe he was a Jimi Hendrix fan and his favorite song was "If 6 Was 9". So he may be a bit confused, anyone growing up on Hendrix would still be confused today!

Ernie

???????????????????????????

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government"

There's just nothing like a good watery tart throwing a sword at you.

Ernie

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM

I know that he will come through for us, and even though he is not communicating in the ways that you all are accustomed to, in the end you will have the best prices and the best perks and everything will be the way you wanted it. I still think we will have more perks than if we went with a different TA, and the splitting of the tour conductor's discount will help us out as well.

Have faith.

Ernie

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29981686#post29981686)

Ernie
???????????????????????????

Did I confuse you on that one, Karen? I know you aren't old enough to remember Jimi Hendrix, and especially an obscure song like that one.

By the way, are you even old enough to drink?:rolleyes:

Ernie

krhnbt
July 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Did I confuse you on that one, Karen? I know you aren't old enough to remember Jimi Hendrix, and especially an obscure song like that one.

By the way, are you even old enough to drink?:rolleyes:

Ernie

Yes, you confused me, I'm not that far behind you in age, yes I am old enough to drink, matter of fact, I am on my 3rd margarita as we speak..;)

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I just had to post this video. I think after we all start drinking on the ship, we can practice this.

This is how Irish Step Dancing began:

http://videos2view.net/irish-dance.htm

Ernie

laskoske
July 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yes, you confused me, I'm not that far behind you in age, yes I am old enough to drink, matter of fact, I am on my 3rd margarita as we speak..;)

No wonder things are making sense to you! Three Margaritas really help you see things much more clearly! I should try that.

Ernie

mamapan
July 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM

I love the scene with Dennis & King Arthur...

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

and...

Roger the Shrubber: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

mamapan
July 30th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ooh! I got the Columbus Post above - post #1492 LOL!!!:D

12vman
July 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM

Ernie

"Distributing scimitars".

12vman
July 30th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I love the scene with Dennis & King Arthur...

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

and...

Roger the Shrubber: Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.

I think the Dennis scene was my favorite.
When I turned 37, I used his line quite a bit... "I'm 37, I'm not OLD!"

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by laskoske http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29981756#post29981756)

Ernie
"Distributing scimitars".

That's what I said, you tiny brained wiper of other people's bottoms! Now go away before I shall taunt you a second time!

I hope there are some Monty Python fans here, otherwise there will be many people generating the paperwork needed to put us away on the grounds of insanity. (of course, I have that paperwork with me at all times!)

Ernie

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Ooh! I got the Columbus Post above - post #1492 LOL!!!:D

Very observant! Good one, Amy!

Ernie

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Surprise, surprise!

It's the weekend and the rates dropped to their typical weekend rate drop. No change for any of us who have already taken advantage of it, but for anyone else who hasn't, you might as well try and contact RC or your TA to see if you can get the discount.

It is exactly the same as every weekend, RC is continuing to play around with our minds. When do we get the REAL discounts? Maybe they are waiting until the 70 day mark when the final deposit is due, then they can fall back on not wanting to honor any future discounts because we are paid in full. Always a gimmick with RC, but I am sure it is like that with all cruise lines, and I like RC the best!:)

Ernie

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
And if anyone is keeping count, we are now at...

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
And if anyone is keeping count, we are now at...

Post 1500!

Ernie

bschoon60
July 30th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Post 1500!

Ernie

Happy 1500th Post! I have to confess that I have to be drinking to appreciate Monty Python - can't quote it, but if you all do, I'll just laugh, I won't have you committed.

Has anyone decided what they are going to do in the Dominican Republic?

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Happy 1500th Post! I have to confess that I have to be drinking to appreciate Monty Python - can't quote it, but if you all do, I'll just laugh, I won't have you committed.

Has anyone decided what they are going to do in the Dominican Republic?

Funny you should ask about Samana, DR, Barb! I got an e-mail from Raj this morning and he just booked the Catamaran snorkel trip! So I just finished booking it also this minute, then got your posting. It sounds like a great trip, Ed took it last year. I'm hoping that a bunch of us get on the same trip. It is $72 pp, but just getting onto Cayo Leventado is about $50 pp, so it's not that much more, and you get a whole new perspective of the island.

I'm really following Ed's advice. Originally I did not want to go on this cruise because we had been on this exact cruise about 5 times, but he pointed out that if you take different excursions, it can be a completely different experience, and I believe it. All islands are beautiful, so the things that makes the cruise so special are the people (which we certainly have an assortment of characters!) and the different excursions, which we are doing!

Life is Good!

Ernie

krhnbt
July 30th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Funny you should ask about Samana, DR, Barb! I got an e-mail from Raj this morning and he just booked the Catamaran snorkel trip! So I just finished booking it also this minute, then got your posting. It sounds like a great trip, Ed took it last year. I'm hoping that a bunch of us get on the same trip. It is $72 pp, but just getting onto Cayo Leventado is about $50 pp, so it's not that much more, and you get a whole new perspective of the island.

I'm really following Ed's advice. Originally I did not want to go on this cruise because we had been on this exact cruise about 5 times, but he pointed out that if you take different excursions, it can be a completely different experience, and I believe it. All islands are beautiful, so the things that makes the cruise so special are the people (which we certainly have an assortment of characters!) and the different excursions, which we are doing!

Life is Good!

Ernie

We are booked also!

bschoon60
July 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Since we've never been to the DR before, we are thinking of doing an independent tour with a guy named Terry. Get some cultural information, see some beautiful sights and swim in a waterfall.

Has anyone done a tour with him?

laskoske
July 30th, 2011, 05:35 PM
We are booked also!

FANTASTIC!!!:D

Ernie