Free Jewelry fliers- is the gold real???

Gail4swind

I've only been on 2 ships so far where I've seen during the shopping talks given by the cruise director or some staff member they hand out fliers for free bracelets or rings from Diamond international and other stores on the islands. I'm not a jewelry person myself but was just wondering.

Is it real gold- or does it turn your arm/fingers green?

• 3 weeks later...

Diamonds are VERY small and industrial grade - NO sparkle. Did get a couple of gold charms - real, but most are plated. I have a friend who collects them and has made a "charm belt with all she has collected. Since our 1st cruise, don't do it.

I've only been on 2 ships so far where I've seen during the shopping talks given by the cruise director or some staff member they hand out fliers for free bracelets or rings from Diamond international and other stores on the islands. I'm not a jewelry person myself but was just wondering.

Is it real gold- or does it turn your arm/fingers green?

I have bought some good pieces at Diamond International (had them reappraised after getting home), and as a bonus was given one of their "freebies" - 14k gold plated with real blue saphire pendant with 3 tiny little diamonds. Gave it to my 14 yr old nephew for his 1s GF.;)

• 4 months later...

The charms are gold plated and to me it's not worth going to the store and fighting the crowds and the salesmen just to get the charm. But, with that said, they would make a cute bracelet if you had all the charms. If you like that idea, you can buy the bracelet with all the charms online from Diamonds International:

http://www.shopdi.com/Caribbean-Diamond-Charm-Bracelet-includes-22-charms/p15361.cfm

• 3 months later...

Archived