Transportation advice from Times Sq. to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Travelroses

I would like to find out what is the most economical and straight forward way(s) to get to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal from Times Sq. I did some research on using the metro and it doesn't seem that bad. Has anyone tried this before? Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard in Jersey City before the cruise? That location seems to be closer to the terminal than hotels in TS but can't find any straight forward ways to get to the terminal. Thanks so much.

This is the Ports of Call board, New England forum. Your question s/h/b/ posted at the NA Homeports board, East Coast Departure forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415 . A lot of newbies make that mistake, not a biggie :cool:. I'm sure you'll get the answer you need at either forum. Your question may have been already asked & answered at the East Coast Departure forum

SBtS

Yes - post on the East Coast Departures board and folks like Sid (Smeyer418) will respond. Tell us what day of the week you would be doing this. My gut reaction would be that you should take Path to the World Trade Center (easy from the Courtyard on a weekday - more complicated on a weekend) and a cab to Brooklyn, but you can reduce your costs by taking Path to Manhattan and the subway to Atlantic Ave and a cab or even a bus and walk. I just don't know what to advise you as the best route and it really depends on how much you want to deal with public transit and manage your luggage. Nothing is a direct route. The Brooklyn cruise terminal is difficult to get to by public transit.

Archived