Flights

elmwood

Yes,you should receive R/T air as part of your package without cost to you.Your dreaming if you think they are going to upgrade you at N/C into business or first class.They are availble if you book early as seating is limited.It will cost you an additional $2000 -$5000 per person for upgrade!Not worth it in my opinion!:rolleyes:

Elmwood, I believe all of the 2011 sailings offer free airfare on Air Tahiti Nui, which is reflected in the price of course.

You certainly can buy an upgrade to Business at the airport - first come, first served. We have done that on previous trips, and on the one we just returned from - the 6/26 sailing. The cost is $800 each way. You have to get to the airport early, to be at the ticket counter when it opens, so that you are first in line for such an upgrade. You can check wit the airline a day or two before to make sure there are still bz. class seats available. There usually are. On this recent trip the bz. class area was only about half full, and economy/coach was full. On the return I was glad we got to the ticket office early, as Bz Class ended up being completely full, as was coach. It made a HUGE difference to my daughter and me. The seats are larger, leg room is more than ample, and the seats recline pretty far back. The food is really good too. I could not have stood the 8 1/2 hr. flight in coach.

Everyone's physical condition is different, but for my daughter and I, the extra $1600 RT was worth every penny.

The air packages change over time.

I booked my August 2010 cruise in March 2009. At the time, the offer was 2 for 1 airfare. When the deal got better (free air for 2), my TA got it for me. The deal then went back to 2 for 1.

If you want free air for 2, grab it. The deal can change. Depends on how badly they need passengers.

Pacheco 18 and Southseas Sue, thank you so much for that very useful information. For an eight hour flight, I think the upgrade to business class sounds very worthwhile. My husband finds long flights difficult as he is subject to cramps and has circulatory issues.

Archived