PDA

View Full Version : wheelchair accessible hotel in Barcelona?

ChollaChick
July 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
We will be staying one day/night in Barcelona before our cruise in October 2011. I am in a wheelchair and am looking for any advice on hotels in Barcelona that are wheelchair accessible. Also any info on places that I can get to see and are a must see while in Barcelona would be wonderful. Thank you for any and all help.

By the way... I did do a search but didn't get anything so it's either me or the database if this has been discussed before. :)

Thanks!!!!:D

Kerry's Girls
July 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I know the W is. We loved it and got a great rate at Hotwire, but it's a bit out of the way and requires taking a cab to get to the sights. I also know there's a wheelchair ramp at the Hispanos Siete Suiza where we stayed, but it's located on a street with a slope, so I'm not sure if that would make it inconvenient to get to.

Best,
Mia

riffatsea
July 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi,
I believe there was a long thread on this topic on the Barcelona forum of Trip Advisor. I think that the hotel where I have stayed, Onix Rambla , was one that was discussed. It is in a convenient location,clean,quiet,decent service if asked etc. It is not posh but is a decent place to stay.