PDA

View Full Version : Zipline through Carnival

Cool Breeze Cruiser
July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Has anyone booked the zipline through Carnival? If so how long were you there & how crowded was it?
The Tour Store is no longer able to book the zipline when Carnival is in port & I usually don't like to book through Carnival.
My DH & I want to do some type of adventure day in St. Kitts & have also considered ATVing or a catamaran safari.
We are arriving on the Victory & already have two touring days, two beach days & the river tubing in Dominica planned so we would really appreciate any suggestions for St. Kitts.
Thanks,
Juli

ginal
July 30th, 2010, 11:44 PM
We loved it!!! We are in our 50's and there was a 8 year boy in our group. We were on the first tour of the day and had a blast. They only take about 8 in a group....so try to be first. No waiting..... After ziplining they give you a little history tour of the area. I have never ziplined before and this was one of the highlights of our cruise. I took pictures while on one zip line. Touched the top of trees on another. I thought it was well worth the money. We did have to carry our gear a little ways, but nothing too hard. Just one thing..there is one trainer line and 4 long lines. It is not a very long course of 8-10 lines like others I researched. We got pictures for $5 what a value.

Cool Breeze Cruiser
August 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM
We loved it!!! We are in our 50's and there was a 8 year boy in our group. We were on the first tour of the day and had a blast. They only take about 8 in a group....so try to be first. No waiting..... After ziplining they give you a little history tour of the area. I have never ziplined before and this was one of the highlights of our cruise. I took pictures while on one zip line. Touched the top of trees on another. I thought it was well worth the money. We did have to carry our gear a little ways, but nothing too hard. Just one thing..there is one trainer line and 4 long lines. It is not a very long course of 8-10 lines like others I researched. We got pictures for $5 what a value.

Thanks for the info. How many people do you think went on the tour from Carnival? Are there different times? Did you go there on a bus?
This sounds like so much fun even though I have plenty of respect for heights (in other words heights terrify me) but you only live once! So maybe less lines are better for me! LOL!
I just don't like the crowds & the herding that goes along with Carnival tours. I wish we could still book the ziplining independently & we would definitely do it!
Thanks,
Juli

xstormerx
August 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Cool Breeze- we're also booked on the River Tubing in Dominica and Zip Lining in St. Kitts- both through Carnival- have never done either. When are you going? We are going 8/22.
I watched the Zipline on you tube that someone posted. Looks like so much fun!

Cool Breeze Cruiser
August 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Cool Breeze- we're also booked on the River Tubing in Dominica and Zip Lining in St. Kitts- both through Carnival- have never done either. When are you going? We are going 8/22.
I watched the Zipline on you tube that someone posted. Looks like so much fun!

We are going 10/3/10. We booked the river tubing directly through Antours & will have to book the zip lining through Carnival if that is what we do.
Please come back & tell us how your trip was. I am sure it will be wonderful!
Juli

joepeka
August 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
There was another thread on this board a little while back - one of the poster's had recently been on this excursion and said really good things about it.

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1198721

I believe he also included a YouTube link to the photos and videos he took.