PDA

View Full Version : Vatican tour

travellgirl
January 21st, 2005, 04:16 PM
we will be on the Millennium May 15 and have started booking our tours. WE have booked two with the ship and one private tour in Naples. We have looked in booking a private tour in Rome, but the cost is very high for two people. I am now thinking about diong the "Rome on your own" excursion and reserving a private tour through the Vatican website of the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican museums. Then we thought we could walk on our own to the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain, eat llunch and go back on the bus. Has anyone done anything similar to this? I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.

Andym
January 21st, 2005, 04:23 PM
Lorraine,
We have done exactly that and can drop you details in an email if you like.

travellgirl
January 21st, 2005, 04:37 PM
Andy,
thanks. I would greatly appreciate it. My e-mail is Lorryjoy@AOL.com

3girls
January 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Lorraine,
Is it possible to send a copy to me also? JLoring@gsinet.net Thanks in advance.

travellgirl
January 21st, 2005, 07:47 PM
no problem, when I get it, I will forward it to you.

Caninecursed
January 21st, 2005, 09:39 PM
I would like the information also.

Caninecursed
January 21st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Me too MHAna0521@aol.com

Sandy R
January 22nd, 2005, 12:41 AM
Lorraine... If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would also like the details since we'll be in Rome in June. How I love these boards. Thank you so much! sandy@riskin.net

Andym
January 22nd, 2005, 03:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I will put together some sort of walking mini-guide, including a map of what we have done the last 2 times we have been on our own and send it to you all in an email. Will be after the weekend though as I have a lot to do this weekend.

Andy

travellgirl
January 22nd, 2005, 07:27 AM
Andy,
Thank you. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

rngrblu9
January 22nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
i hate to be a pain but could u also send it to me @ denisetesoriero@hotmail.com. thanks!

2Litltime
January 22nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
We are going in Sept - would also like to receive your info on Rome - Thanks so much!
phemore@comcast.net

logicalmom
January 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
I would greatly appreciate it also: nancyvanlysal@yahoo.com
Thanks so much!

CruisingFLFamily
January 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
Me too Please!! lowel@aol.com Thanks abunch!!

2forTravelin
January 23rd, 2005, 12:14 PM
Andy -
I'd also appreciate it if you would please email your info to me at 2forTravelin@comcast.net.
Thanks so much.

jrcooper
January 23rd, 2005, 12:46 PM
I would love to receive this info on Rome as well! My email is janrcooper@verizon.net .

Holly Harbor
January 23rd, 2005, 07:58 PM
Andy, it is so kind of you to share your knowledge and experiences in Rome! Would you please add my e-mail address to your list before you hit "send"? candj_atkinson@earthlink.net (That's an underscore between the j and the a.) Many thanks!

Lorraine, we'll be with you on the Millennium May 15th. We're still trying to decide how we'll "do" Rome...but the ship's tour is not too appealing at this time. See you in May.

Jackie

kirky
January 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
We are in Rome in August and would love to have the info also. dkirkconnell@telusplanet.net. Thanks so much!!!

kare8ear
January 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
Can I get a copy too? kjchen@ucsd.edu .

So the Vatican gives its own private tours of the Sistine Chapel and museum? Can you reserve/pay for that online? Does anyone have the web address too?

THANKS!:)

Mike Andrews
January 24th, 2005, 03:12 AM
The Vatican does give Private Tours of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel on weekdays at 10.30am,12.00,14.00pm and on Saturday at 10.30am and 11.15am which from the Website (WWW.vatican.va) can only be booked by fax a maximum of 30 days before your visit.The cost is 21.50 euros which includes entance,the services of a guide and a headset.

Mike

josiem
January 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Can you please include me also on this information. Since our cruise stops in Rome on a Sunday (and Sistine Chapel and Vatican museum are closed) we are considering "Rome on Your Own" and would love as much information ahead of time. Thanks in advance. email address is pmetress@aol.com.

Troy86
January 24th, 2005, 02:49 PM
We will be in rome next May, and would love to get a copy as well. Our e-mail is prmex95@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Noel & Connie

stipmom
January 24th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Will be on the June 20 sailing of the Millie. Please e mail to stipmom33@aol.com. Thanks

travellgirl
January 24th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Stipmom,
did you notice - we are in Manalapan also.

QueensChick
January 24th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Please forward me a copy of the Rome info. Thanks so much.

queenschick_608@hotmail.com

yannisusa
January 24th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Andym, we also plan to do Rome on our own. I would appreciate if you can also sent me your walking mini-guide tour with the map. My e maill address is
yannisusa@comcast.net

Thanks in advance,

Yannis

yannisusa
January 24th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Andym, we are also plan to do Rome on our own. I will appreciate if you can send me you walking mini guide with the map.
My e mail address is yannisusa@comcast.net

Thanks in advance

Yannis

War_Eagle
January 24th, 2005, 06:11 PM
We are going into Rome several days early in October.
I would appreciate it if I could be added to the mailout:
taintbluegrass@yahoo.com

Thanks

danoshea
January 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Lorraine,
We have done exactly that and can drop you details in an email if you like. Hi Lorraine can you email me as well my email address is danposhea@hotmail.com

CruisingCatherine
January 24th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Me too!!! Me too!!!!

catherine3144@hotmail.com

Andym
January 25th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Hi all,

I have sent out information to everyone who has asked for it. If anything goes wrong and you don't get it, let me know and I will resend.

Andy

rngrblu9
January 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
hi andym. your email must have went straight into my junk folder & i deleted it by accident . could u please resend it to me & put vatican in the subject line so i won't delete it again! thanks so much!

Health Inspector
January 25th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Me too! Please! craftsa@comcast.net

marp109
January 25th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Another request, please. Thank you. marp109@hotmail.com

Host Sheila
January 25th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks a bunch... sent to spengle@gmail.com

Sheila

Health Inspector
January 26th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Ooops! I deleted the email by mistake. I didn't recognize the sender so then I deleted the delete. Can you resend please! Sorry again. Thanks Patty
craftsa@comcast.net

Andym
January 26th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Done Patty,
Be carefull this time.

Andym
January 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
danoshea,

I'm getting the mail returned for you. Can you check the email address

michelleh1978
January 29th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hi Andym,

My fiance and i will be on a cruise in Sept and would also like your information on "Rome on your own." My email address is michelleh1978@yahoo.com. Thank you so much!

COLMRS
January 29th, 2005, 11:46 PM
I'm sure you must be overwhelmed by request for your Rome information. PLease add
colmrs@excite.com to your email list if you can. We will be in Rome May 12-15, 05
after a HAL Westerdam transatlantic.

gsb
January 29th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Please send info to garyb@thurstonspringer.com
Thx very much.

Emmie
January 30th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Andy, if you could send one to me I would greatly appreciate it! In return, I promise to forward it to at least ten folks who request it. My email address is MRams12750@aol.com. Thank you sooooo much!

Emmie

Sunnystone
January 31st, 2005, 09:49 AM
Andym, we are also plan to do Rome on our own in November. I will appreciate if you can send me you walking mini guide with the map.
My e mail address is sunnystone1@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance. Maybe, to get some peace and quiet, you may just want to post it on the board. We all really appreciate your work.

What is the best way to get from the ship in Cittavechia to Rome?

Thanks,
Kathryn

Mark_in_Colorado
January 31st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Andym,

I would love to receive you info. on Rome. Thanks so much.
markm80126@hotmail.com

seafox1225
January 31st, 2005, 04:32 PM
would also love a copy, we'll be in Rome in June. send to seafox1225@yahoo.com

mtlcever
February 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
Could you do the same for me? deb_carley@uncg.edu

Leebo
February 1st, 2005, 11:53 AM
I'm guessing you already know what I want. :D

Please and thank you.

lsenden@mts.net

Andym
February 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM
All requests should be in your in boxes by now.

new brunswick cruiser
February 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
we will be on the Millennium May 15 and have started booking our tours. WE have booked two with the ship and one private tour in Naples. We have looked in booking a private tour in Rome, but the cost is very high for two people. I am now thinking about diong the "Rome on your own" excursion and reserving a private tour through the Vatican website of the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican museums. Then we thought we could walk on our own to the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain, eat llunch and go back on the bus. Has anyone done anything similar to this? I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.

I would love the info as well. We are sailing on the Millie On June 8th. Ship tours are very expensive, anything to save a little. zoe66953@hotmail.com thanks.

Brian

Sunnystone
February 2nd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Wow, that information is wonderful. Thanks so much. We will definatley be using your guide!

Kathryn and Peter

juliejoe
February 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
Me too............

Thanks sor sharing!

juliejoe@swbell.net

Susan-M
February 2nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Hi Andy,

Please send a copy to susiesailor05@hotmail.com

Thanks very much!!

Leebo
February 2nd, 2005, 12:23 PM
Awesome stuff. Thanks a lot for this.

desertheat
February 2nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Andym.

Hope you are still sending out copies of your tour along with your map ... I would love a copy. Snowstorm65@aol.com We will be there in October. Thank you very much for offering this information.

drandyl
February 3rd, 2005, 01:16 AM
Wow... you are popular!!! I would really appreciate a copy also

alacouture@sbcglobal.net

Thanks, Andy

nester
February 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
If not too much trouble could you kindly send one to vani4tay@aol.com?

thanks!

Host Sheila
February 3rd, 2005, 03:12 PM
I'd like your info as well...didn't see this until today when I was contemplating what to do in our short time in Rome. Email spengle@gmail.com

Thanks a bunch

Sheila

ddled
February 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
We are on Galaxy June 13-could you add us to the list? ddled@iland.net thanks-you could open an agency with this one!

trvlnliz
February 3rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Me too! Please! trvlnliz@msn.com
Thanks

computer
February 4th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Hi Andy,
I would love if you could send me your info on a walking tour in Rome. I am sailing with 2 others. We have never been to Rome. We want to see the major sights but are trying to avoid large tour groups run by the ship. Sailing on Millie 6/8/05. Any info on Do Your Own Walking Tours would be very helpful. I have no idea how far each major sight is from each other. Thanks in advance.
Ellen rotor@bellsouth.net

Host Sheila
February 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Ellen,
For those sailing after you (we're doing the Oct 25th trip), please post your experiences when you return...thanks a bunch

Sheila

cjandxo
February 4th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Andym,

My wife and I will be on the Millennium in September, we would sincerely appreciate your guide as well.

Thanks,

Dan - cjandxo@comcast.net

scluvsrain
February 4th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Me too? I'll be in Rome on 5/12-5/13 all by my little lonesome and would love to have a copy emailed to me. Thank you so much!! scluvsrain@sbcglobal.net

Diver
February 5th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Andym.
I would also love to have a copy of your map e-mailed to me if it wouldn’t be too much trouble. . My wife and I are going to be in Rome early June and are planning on exploring it on our on. We just received confirmation to tour the excavations under St Peters.
Thank you again for being so kind as to share you map and experiences.
Tom
My e mail address is:
B4violin@aol.com

CamelliaCity
February 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
AndyM, you were kind enough to email hubby info. I have the text but the maps are blank blue squares. Can anyone tell me what to do? Is it Charter?
Charter takes it upon themselves to remove lots of *stuff* from our email.

Thanx

DRnTR
February 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I would greatly appreciate it also: daveryter@wideopenwest.com

Thanks
Dave

Andym
February 5th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Computer,

Helen,
I have a delivery failkure on you internet address.

CamelliaCity
The info seems OK for others. Shall I send it again, if so whats your email.

CamelliaCity
February 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Computer,

Helen,
I have a delivery failkure on you internet address.

CamelliaCity
The info seems OK for others. Shall I send it again, if so whats your email.

Let's try: tandbrob@charter.net

Thanks, Andy

computer
February 6th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Hi Andy,
So sorry about the half of my e-mail address being missing. Thats what happens when I send e-mails when I haven't had my coffee yet. My correct e-mail address is
rotorhed@bellsouth.net Sorry for any inconvenience.
Ellen:)

Health Inspector
February 6th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Andy - Please send me your info about Rome on your own?
Thanks
Patty

Janman
February 6th, 2005, 12:29 PM
andym,
My daughter and her friend will be on the Millenium Aug. 14 with you and plans to do the "Rome on your own" tour. Would you kindly email the info on how to avoid the lines at the Colosseum and Vatican along with your map and walking guide. Please send to Manganello@aol.com.
Thanks and Happy Cruising!

cechase
February 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Lorraine,

Please also email us with the details, and thanks. cechase@charter.net

meeleby
February 7th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Andym,

My parents are traveling on the Liberty in August and are staying in Rome a few days before the cruise. Could you e-mail me the information?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Monique

E-mail address:
monieleby@yahoo.com

Acouplewholuv2cruise
February 7th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I would much appreciate your information. Thank you

kcfager@yahoo.com

Emmie
February 7th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I sent Andym's report to everyone from CarmellaCity to Acouplewholuvs2cruise!

Emmie

Tom2
February 8th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Emmie or Andym
Would you also please send it to me, I would appreciate it very much.
Thank you,
Tom
My e mail address is:
Tomjed@aol.com

Andym
February 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Tom,

I have just sent it. I hope that everyone has found this usefull. I have thought of doing something simillar for Monte Carlo and Monaco.

Andy

Janman
February 8th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Offering this kind of info for any other port would be greatly appreciated!

Cruiser951
February 9th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Andy:

We would appreciate a copy as well to jlirwin@speedband.com. Thank u very much.

Cruiser951
February 9th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Andy:

Just saw the note on Monte Carlo and Monaco. Would love a copy of that as well. Plz send to jlirwin@speedband.com.

Thnx again!

andydee
February 10th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Hi Andy,
We will be in Rome in Oct. and would greatly appreciate if you could send your info to
adesjardins@dsr.nsw.gov.au
Hope you have a great trip.
Cheers,
Andy

seagopher
February 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
We would appreciate a copy of your Rome Tour. Our email is hfarmer@carr.org
Thanks in advance.

Queenk2
February 11th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Lorraine,
Andy I would appreicate the details as well.PLEASE Email me!
Thanks
Karen Queenk2@aol.com

CHTorrey
February 11th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Andy,:) I would like a copy also. Thanks.My email is chtorrey@mindspring.com

hmstins
February 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
HI, I'm so glad I found this board! We will be in Rome for two days May 2 and 3 and want to do the Vatican tour. However my mother is 86 and cannot stand or wait in line long. If we reserve through the Vatican, do you go right in? I have heard horror stories about the long waits. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Margie

hmstins
February 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry, she is really most interested in the Sistine Chapel, but I understand it is a package deal? Thanks for any info.

Margie

hmstins
February 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Am I too late to ask for a copy of your information? It sounds quite helpful. Please send to me at: hmstinso@netzero.com. Thanks so much!

Margie

Andym
February 12th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Margie,
The sights in Rome are fairly spaced out and I wouldn't imagine that it would be easy for your mother to walk between them . Saying that my grandma is 92 and goes hiking in the hills with her friends. I have mailed you the info, but you may want to consider a private guide who can drop you near the places. I am not one though for promoting private guides. A lot of places on the Med are very doable on your own at a fraction of the price.

Andy

Coastcruisers
February 12th, 2005, 07:40 PM
We would appreciate it if you would you please include us in your Rome guide as well. It is wonderful of you to share all this information with everybody. Rome is such a fascinating city, and to have advance information is terrific. Thank you. Our e-mail is: wtc34@comcast.net

RainbowChaser
February 13th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Andym,
We are cruising from Rome in May and would love a copy of your info. My email is apells@aol.com. Thanks

md115
February 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Hi Andym.
Would you mind yet another request for the info?
My email is:
mdempsey98@verizon.net
Thank you very much.

usmc57
February 16th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Andy
I also would like a copy. My e-mail address is pridgeusmc@comcast.net
Thanks
Paul

computer
February 17th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Hi Margie,

Read your posting about question about the Vatican. We were told by our hired driver that wait times at the Vatican to enter can be as long as 2 hours. The only way to avoid this line is to make arrangements for a Vatican sponsored tour with a group of 20 English speakers. These tours are at a preset time and go right in. The additional cost for this service is 20 Euros per person above the regular admission cost, and tour is 2 hours long. I believe you can go directly to Vatican site and make your own arrangments. I think that would be much better for your mother then taking the chance of a very long line.
Ellen:)

josiem
February 17th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Computer: Are you referring to just a tour of the Vatican (and not the Vatican Museum/Sistine Chapel)? As I mentioned in a previous post our group will be in Rome on a Sunday and the Museum is closed. It would be great if we could pre-arrange a tour of St. Peter's/Vatican.

CamelliaCity
February 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Servizi_Visite.html

IF...you reserve a guided tour for Vatican museum/Sistine Chapel
for 20Euros and it states that *above rates include the admission to the Museums and the guided tour service*

then...what does the first line under *Useful Information* mean?

*Tickets have to be purchased the same day of the guided tour.*

I assumed you would purchase the ticket w/guided tour service when you reserved your time slot:confused:

OR..am I merely reserving a guided tour slot? Do I stand in LINE and purchase tickets along with everyone else and then go to the Guided Tour Desk, with purchased ticket in hand, and go on a guided tour.

Does everyone purchase tickets the same way(by standing in line?)

If anyone can decipher or break the code:) regarding tickets I would really appreciate it.

Andym
February 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
When we went , we just joined the lines and did it that way. I think we were lucky as we only had about a 15 minute wait.
Never used a guide here, but If anyone is going soon, you can get a leaflet from the people who do the tour of the Colosseum,(10 euros on top of the entrance fee - no lines) the green hut to the right of the metro entrance. They also do Vatican tours and you could post the information on your return. We are there in August and if no one else posts it, I'll get one when we go.

Andy

trudzie
February 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Andy,

I thank you in advance. A copy of your Rome guide please. Send to trudzie@aol.com

computer
February 17th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone,
We were told by a driver we hired for Rome tour that by making a reservation for Vatican tour of Museum and Sistine Chapel, you paid 20 Euro, this included entrance fee. You do not wait on line with the crowds but go directly to Reservation desk. You get to this desk through the exit on a certain street. Instructions are on Vatican Websight.
Ellen

cruisingmimi
February 19th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Andy,

Can you send me a copy too? Gratias or however you say TY in Italian! LOL.

email: mziergiebel@yahoo.com

Mary

richard-diana
February 19th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I also would appreciate a cope. we will be in Rome June 16-20th after HA Prinsendam cruise. Please send to: rmagnuson2@verizon.net

liliput
February 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Hi Andy,
I will be staying 2 days post cruise in Rome and would like to do my sightseeing in one long day. The second day is reserved for shopping. I am going to be on the September 16 cruise out of Rome on the Galaxy. Please e-mail me a copy of your info as well.
my e-mail is INTERGALLACTICA@COX.NET
Thank you very much

debby21
February 20th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Andy,

Will you sen me a copy at dnmfrear@sbcglobal.net?

Thanks ahead.

Debby

donnaw
February 20th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Hi Andy,

Would greatly appreciate a copy, address is donnaw7471@yahoo.com Our roll call has about 60 already but none are listed so I will make sure they get it too and try to save you a few more.

Thanks so much.

hmstins
February 20th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I went to the Vatican website today and looked for reservations for the museums and Sistine Chapel. If I read it correctly, it looks like individuals can book reservations for the tours no earlier than 30 days prior to the day of their visit. I am unclear as to whether or not you have to go there and stand in line to pick up a ticket. Can anyone clarify this for me? I understand this is the best way to avoid standing in a long line. Help!!!

TIA

Margie

Bop
February 21st, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hi Guys,

We are going to Rome in September and I would sure appreciate it if anyone would send me a copy of Andy's Vatican Tour information. (even Andy!)
Thanks a bunch.

Jim ;)

Bop
February 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM
OOPS! Looks like my e-mail address has been opted off by the CC Board again.

it's savagetwo98@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Jim;)

hmstins
February 22nd, 2005, 12:33 AM
I would also love a copy of it. Andy said he emailed it to me, but never saw it. TIA for anyone's help.

Margie

hmstinso@netzero.com

computer
February 22nd, 2005, 07:10 AM
Hello to all,
We are a group of 3 and have reservations for a private tour with limo in Rome agency(9 hours inclusding transfer back and forth from the ship). We are sailing on the ship Millennieum on 6/8/05. Tour day for Rome is June 11,2005. We had made arrangements to share our tour with another party of 2, but are uncertain if they will still be joining us. The tour can accomodate a maximum of 6 person and shared cost is 480 Euros. We have also had tour operator make a reservation for us with the Vatican for a tour of museums and Sistine Chapel for the 10:30am tour. This will prevent us having to wait on any line at Vatican. The added cost of this option is 20 Euro with admission and tour of vatican/Sistine included. Is there anyone out there who might be interested in sharing out tour day with us?
Ellen

Lovingtravel
March 2nd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Andy or Lorraine,

Could you forward that info to me as well? Did you do the Colleseum or Pantheon as well?

Me email: gwright66@cinci.rr.com

Thanks so much!
Kathy

BenBar1
March 3rd, 2005, 01:44 AM
Andy,
We would really appreciate a copy of your Rome Tour. We will be there in May. Thanks Benbar1@aol.com

AltaJoe
March 3rd, 2005, 05:17 AM
Andy,

We'll be in Rome in June. If you would be so kind: joealta@netzero.net

Mille Grazie

seacrystal
March 3rd, 2005, 05:25 PM
I would really appreciate a copy of your Rome, Monaco and any other tours. I am in the planning stages for a cruise to the Med and it would help so much.

Thank you in advance.:D

Send to mzlegalgal@yahoo.com

Snorkel Pup
March 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Andy,:)

I hope you're not sorry for volunteering information about Rome. We will be there 7/16, Millennium and would greatly appreciate the same info everyone else is asking for.

With sincere thanks,:D
mewong587@yahoo.com

Snorkel Pup
March 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Avial,

I tried the site you suggest for a private tour but cannot get beyond the home page. I tried clicking tours, rates, etc. and the response is "cannot be found." Has anyone else had this problem? Help!!

Andym
March 6th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Everyone,
TAKE CARE...

It looks as if avila IS romeinlimo.com. Only 5 posts, all recommending the tour, all in mis-spelled english. I'd want real and proper recommendations for any tours that I was booking.

I always look at the posting history and it's amazing what it can show.

Andy

computer
March 6th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Hi to All,
Just wanted to add something to the conversation. There seems to be two tour companies in Rome with very similar names and it would be easy to confuse them. Rome in Limo Company is the one mentioned above. Our group booked with a company called www.limoinrome.com (http://www.limoinrome.com). It is definitely a different website and different owners.They seem very professional and all arrangements were confirmed by Claudio. They also helped us to set up a Vatican sponsored tour reservation so we can avoid the lines. If you are considering a tour. Check out their website. Our trip is not until June. When I get back I will give feedback.
Ellen

freed
March 6th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Lorraine,

I would be interested in details as well. My wife and self are going to Rome for 4 days pre cruise in July and were thinking of our own walking tour. If convenient please forward details to for35rod@peoplepc.com Thanks in advance
Just noticed e-mail address incomplete. ITs ford35rod@peoplepc.com

didi7
March 10th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi Andym. Would very much appreciate receiving a copy of this information if you haven't turned off the "send" key! Thank you. Didi

didi7
March 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hi Andym. Would very much appreciate receiving a copy of this information if you haven't turned off the "send" key! my address is craven101@aol.com Thank you. Didi

libertygirl05
March 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Andy are you still around? I am also going to Rome at the end of July. I could also benifit from your info. dsbarry@att.net Thanks! Good news and bad, I am planning to take advantage of the last sunday of the month free. Heard that the vatican museum is free on that day. I have never heard of anyone doing this, I am starting to think it is a rumor. Has anyone gone to the vatican on that day and how do you line up for entry to the museum without a ticket. Are there any other museums that take part on the free day?
Thanks for everyones help, debbie

DQUIN5340
March 10th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Would love to have information too. Send to DQUIN69796@aol.com. Thanks in advance.

Andym
March 11th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I have just sent them to you all.

stipmom
March 11th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Send to stipmom33@aol. Thanks

enidgirl
March 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM
will you please send them to me at kkimura@gt.rr.com? Thanks much!

kerry-c
March 13th, 2005, 12:26 PM
I have been trying to resist adding my name to this list, but will be in Rome in September and could really use the help in planning this busy day. Please add my e-mail to your list: kerry.coates@shaw.ca.

Thanks.

Kerry

Glorious
March 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I can't resist asking too! for your guide. I will be staying close to the Vatican in October just so it will be within walking distance. Thank you so much. Gloriousflowers@Hotmail.com

BettyFB
March 13th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Andy, I would love to have the information also. My husband and I and a group of friends are going and I'm the one that always gets the information on tours....if we can do our own tours or if we should take the ships tours.

Your information will be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Betty

My email address is BFB922@aol.com

cruise211
March 13th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Any chance, Andrew, that you could send that vatican and rome on your own info to me as well? ELS5324@aol.com
That would be most appreciated!

Cruzluvin
March 14th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Could you post your information here? If not, email is
jessicacass@excite.com

Thanks!

Andym
March 15th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Just sent out to everyone , to answer a poster, I can't post it on here, it's too big.
Libertygirl05, I keep getting returned mails from you email address

Andy (not Andrew)

Andym
March 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Sorry, I'm getting them all returned now, seems somthing is amiss. Will resend once things get sorted.

cadreamer
March 17th, 2005, 10:00 PM
HI - If you are still checking this board I would love to get your Rome info. Thanks. mac1lane@aol.com

teddytubby
March 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Hi Andy
I would love a copy of your info on Rome & Monaco please.
EMail:- eddy.lidster@btopenworld.com

Thanks in advance Ted :D

Frequent Floater
March 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I would so appreciate the info as well.
Suggestion maybe the each person that receives the info can send to the next person after them that asks so AndyM gets a break...

Degas
March 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Could you please e-mail me the walking tour as well....I am going to be on the Milli 01-13 Oct 05 and we are in Rome on a Sunday....bummer as the Sistine Chapel is closed that day.
Thanks ....
p.s. this is my 1st trip to Europe and any info is greatly appreciated
tyleenr@hotmail.com

sunnypup
March 19th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Could you please forward the information to me as well? My address is altzma@netscape.net

Thank you so much!
Laurie

rene1
March 20th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Andym:

Could I have a copy of your critique. will be there May 2.

renelori@hotmail.com

Thanks
Rene1

Andym
March 21st, 2005, 04:59 AM
I think that I have sent this to everyone who has asked. I have had some undeliverables, so if you haven't git it let me know and I'll send it again.

Frequent Floater, I need an address

Health Inspector
March 21st, 2005, 09:52 AM
Hi Andy!
Can you send the info to pcrafts@andoverma.gov
Thanks
Patty

Frequent Floater
March 21st, 2005, 11:07 AM
I think that I have sent this to everyone who has asked. I have had some undeliverables, so if you haven't git it let me know and I'll send it again.

Frequent Floater, I need an address

Sorry you didn't see it at the bottom of my signature

rdonte@cox.net

Thanks again for all the time you have devoted to all of us that have asked. I would be happy to forward it to anyone else.

charmary
March 21st, 2005, 01:00 PM
Could I also get a copy of you self guided tour of Rome. We will be staying in Rome for three days before going on the Liberty in October and are wondering if we could do the sites on our own.

Customcruiser
March 21st, 2005, 04:03 PM
Hi Andy, I too am going to jump on this bandwagon and kindly ask for your info on Rome, my e-mail CAROLV1@PRODIGY.NET. Thank you so much.:)

mcq0306
March 21st, 2005, 09:00 PM
Hi Andy,
If it's not too much trouble, can you send it to me too?
thanks in advance
Lynn

Andym
March 22nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
I need email addresses

mcq0306
March 22nd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Andym,
Sorry, I thought my email would show up from my profile, but no such luck!
it's ls.mchugh@verizon.net.
thanks so much
Lynn

cruznliz
March 22nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Me too? Me too??? cruznliz@yahoo.com

Thanks, thanks thanks!

rayz
March 22nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
me too please and thank you mzatzman0327@rogers.com

jbcool
March 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
We would love to have a copy. We are cruising the Med in June. Thank you in advance. jbcool@chartertn.net

bobbyzny
March 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Andy , can you please e mail me your tour. thnaks.. bobbyzny@aol.com

Classynfun1
March 24th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Would someone send to me also? Thanks!

classynfun@gmail.com

Rosekenn
March 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
I would love a copy too THANK YOU

FKath69946@aol.com

muse_clio
March 25th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Andym,
Have you space on that TO: list to add another email address on your Rome tour info? muse_clio@netzero.net
We'll be there May 06.
thanks for sharing your experience,
tracey

cleenw
April 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Would love to have acopy of your report! Cleenw@aol thanks

abrusia
April 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I will put together some sort of walking mini-guide, including a map of what we have done the last 2 times we have been on our own and send it to you all in an email. Will be after the weekend though as I have a lot to do this weekend.

Andy
Me too please - you've really started something. Am in Rome end of May! abrusia@hotmail.com

edman4980
April 14th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Andy,

Could you email me a copy of your tour! I will be in Rome in 5 weeks! :D

My email: Edman4980@aol.com

Thanks,
ED

spmurdock
April 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
We will be in Rome in September and are starting to do some research on what to do. Would you mind sending this information to my e mail address? It is murdocks@charter.net

Thank you so much..

Andym
April 15th, 2005, 01:42 PM
You should all have them now.
Sorry for the delay, combination of Internet being down and another virus attack.

Andy

Xzone940
April 15th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Andy

We will be in Rome in June. Could you please send the information to me also
Our email is at the bottom

Thank you

Ray and Joyce

stipmom
April 15th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I originally asked for one a few pages back and never got it. Thanks. Please send to stipmom33@aol.com

GrammaZ
April 15th, 2005, 11:34 PM
We are on the Carnival Liberty sailing 06/09/2005 and have four days to spend in Rome prior to sail and would love to hear what you did. dzebrasky@shaw.ca Thanks.

Andym
April 16th, 2005, 04:23 AM
GrammaZ

I HAVE A REJECTION ON YOUR EMAIL

Recipient address: dzebrasky@shaw.ca
Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: dzebrasky@shaw.ca

Andy

jerseyblue
April 16th, 2005, 08:55 AM
We are going Sept 05, could you also send me your info? We would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

jsabbey@yahoo.com

PINEY10
April 16th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Andy (or anyone else who has information),

Would love to have the information. jvb1128@yahoo.com

Thanks.

GrammaZ
April 16th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Sorry Andy, I forgot a letter. dgzebrasky@shaw.ca

westerleigh
April 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Hello Andym,
If it is not too much trouble, I was hoping you would also send me a copy of your Rome mini-guide. My husband and I are cruising out of Barcelona on May 22nd, Holland American, Westerdam and arriving in Rome June 1st. We will be staying in Rome for 3 nights and would love any recommendations/suggestions from you or any other travelers.

Also, one of our ports of call is Livorno and we plan on spending the day in Florence. Again, any suggestions/recommendations from other travelers would be greatly appreciated. We are high energy people and don't mind long walks or using public transportation and we LOVE art. Thanks so much.

westerleigh
April 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Andym,

oops...forgot to give you my email address.... it's jteach525@aol.com

many thanks. Janet

egdr22
April 16th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Please send to us too! We'll be there in 5 weeks! Thanks! :)

emiliegdr@yahoo.com

cruisingmimi
April 17th, 2005, 12:15 PM
The Vatican does give Private Tours of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel on weekdays at 10.30am,12.00,14.00pm and on Saturday at 10.30am and 11.15am which from the Website (WWW.vatican.va) can only be booked by fax a maximum of 30 days before your visit.The cost is 21.50 euros which includes entance,the services of a guide and a headset.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you give me a brief overview of the private Vatican Tour? We will be in Rome in October & I would like to get some info on the private tour. Do you bypass the line when you book the private tour? Is faxing your request the only way that you can book this tour? How long is the tour? What do you get to see?

Thanks so much.

If you have a written report and want to email it here's my address:

my email address is: mziergiebel@yahoo.com

Mary

rdcollis
April 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Hi Andy,

If it's not too much trouble, We'd like a copy too.

Thanks

robertcollis@msn.com

jwitt2
April 17th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Andy,
Could you send us a copy of the email also? Thanks very much.

jwitt2@yahoo.com

tiggy
April 19th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Andy,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your guide?

Thanks!

lynna_junk @ verizon.net

charmary
April 19th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I would appreciate a copy of your walking tour. Charlotte.Crawford@Cardinal.com

bmb84
April 20th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Hello AndyM.

We'll be in Rome in July and would really appreciate a copy of your info on Rome. Thank you so much for sharing.

bmb84_2@hotmail.com
(underscore between 4 and 2)

dramamama
April 20th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Andy: I bet you didn't know you'd be one of the most popular people on this board when you first posted in January and offered your guide. It's people like you that keep us glued to CC. We will arrive in Rome on June 19th for three days. Would love to have your guide.
maha106@aol.com

runvs
April 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM
andym,

We will also be on the Millie 8-14. Could you send the info to me as well? Thanks!

runvs

runvs002@bellsouth.net

L Jane
April 20th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I would love to see your notes/mini tour! I'll be there is just about a month!

Thanks!!

L Jane lcurtis@newlandcommunities.com

lorideco
April 21st, 2005, 08:46 AM
Sorry to bother you but can you send me a copy also. Its very nice of you to spend the time to send your notes to everyone. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Thanks again. lorideco@aol.com

dramamama
April 21st, 2005, 02:32 PM
Andi, thank you so much for the quick reply to my request for your walking tour. It is concise and I know the maps will come in handy. I've already printed it out. Thanks again. :)

Sunnyside
April 21st, 2005, 03:11 PM
Andy, so sorry to bother but do oumind forwarding the info to: sissi@lycos.com?
I´m traveling next month to Rome and will appreciate any tips I could get.

Thanks

RainbowChaser
April 22nd, 2005, 02:05 AM
Andy,
On the Private Vatican Tours, are you still in the Sistine Chapel with all of the large groups and individual tickets or is it less crowded experience. Do you visit areas that are otherwise innaccessible or is it just that you get a private guide to explain things. I appreciate your help.

Andy (RainbowChaser)
Apells@aol.com

Andym
April 22nd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Andy,
We did not have a private guide, but I seem to remember passing groups where thay were having a talk from a guide. The Sistine is a free for all and it was extremely busy with not enough room to swing a cat if you know what I mean.
I have photos which I will post later once I have uploaded them.
Andy

Andym
April 22nd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Here are the photos

http://community.webshots.com/user/andym888

denmanja
April 22nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Can I get a copy of this too? :)

My email is DenmanJA at aol.com

Thanks!!!

Jennifer

itsanita
April 22nd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Me too ...Please itsanita@msn.com

jim_mve
April 22nd, 2005, 11:08 PM
We'll be in Rome in July.

Please send your information to jim_mve_ut@yahoo.com

Thanks

bmb84
April 23rd, 2005, 11:59 PM
Hi Andym

Sorry to bother you, but I'm just wondering if you've emailed me the Rome info. It's not showing in my hotmail. Could you please send it to jomc@clear.net.nz

Thanks in advance.

Lorian
April 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Andy, Would you please E-mail me the Rome info also.Thanks

ilblack62@aol.com

bmb84
April 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Andym, thank you for the Rome on foot info.
This will help us so much.

Cheers.

CRUISTER
April 24th, 2005, 07:03 PM
...what the comments were all about from the posters on the Millennium 8/14/05 Roll Call thread. You have been busy! I would like to receive a copy of the information, also. cruister@msn.com - Please and Thank You!

I noticed a few other posters on this thread who will be on the Millennium August 14, 2005 that haven't made it to the Roll Call thread yet. Join us!

joyride
April 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Could you please send the info. to me also? Thank you so much!

joyce@bassplayer.ws

azcaptainbob
April 26th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Would also love to have the info on Rome...leaving next month.
bob_marilyn_balthasar@msn.com

sherrys
April 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Hi Andy,

Would you mind e-mailing me the Rome info too? It's really great that you're doing this for everybody. My e-mail is sherrys@kabro.com. Thanks so much.

lina1
April 26th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Can you please e-mail me a copy of your Rome tour. I see that you are getting a lot of requests. Thanks, Carole
cmckown@adelphia.net

LL
May 17th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Hi Andy---

Would you send me your tour as well? It appears you've made lots of friends!
LLSUNSHINE1@AOL.COM

charmary
May 17th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Please also send me your map and walking tour

Thanks

Andym
May 17th, 2005, 02:59 PM
LL- Done

Charmary - Email address please

charmary
May 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
AndyM here is my address. Charlotte.Crawford@Cardinal.com

frogandtoad
May 17th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Here's my email - linda10250513 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces)

Thanks so much!

goldenprincess53
May 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Andy
Hi Andy, would you still have that walking mini-guide you could send to me:

lhodgins@rogers.com. Thanks so much

ALBOB330
May 17th, 2005, 07:39 PM
hi andy m.

would love a copy also

albob330@aol.com

thanks so much

bobbie

frogandtoad
May 17th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Andy, could you please send it to me again - I deleted it from my inbox by mistake!

linda10250513 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces)

Thanks a lot!

mamagina
May 18th, 2005, 11:26 PM
WOW! I can't believe you are still sending this out--I just saw this and read through all the postings! If you really are still e-mailing, please send me a copy! Thanks in advance.
dangoldman@comcast.net

PoohUnderstands
May 19th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Andy:

Thanks so much for helping us newbies!! If you could fax me a copy, I would be eternally grateful(grin). Thank you again for caring enuf to do this.

My email is winwdw @ hotmail.com (of course there are NO spaces on either side of the @)

Pooh

Ms Understood
May 19th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Hi I am also astonished that you are still kind enuf to continue to send this out. Would you mind one more? hamichels@hotmail.com Thanks a million!

macahayes
May 19th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Andy, you are an angel.
Can you add me to the list as well? macahayes@yahoo.com (I'm not on a cruise but I know I could find good info for a day in Rome-thanks CCers!)

Aileen

ddean52
May 20th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Lorraine,

we would love the same info.:)
dean & alice

errandbiz
May 21st, 2005, 08:29 PM
I would also appreciate the information. Thanks bunches!

errandbiz@aol.com

Seabee
May 23rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
I'd love one for Rome too... hbwiii2000@yahoo.com

Thanks