PDA

View Full Version : Not Again! U.K. Air Strike Could Impact Cruisers

LauraS
August 12th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Not Again! U.K. Air Strike Could Impact Cruisers

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4028)

Cruise Socrates
August 12th, 2010, 12:09 PM
No again, can they just not get to grips. Because of the current economic climate everyone is having to experience pay freezes, in fact they should be glad that they still have jobs. Cant beleive because of some selfish employees so many people will have their holiday ruined.

catllar
August 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
No again, can they just not get to grips. Because of the current economic climate everyone is having to experience pay freezes, in fact they should be glad that they still have jobs. Cant beleive because of some selfish employees so many people will have their holiday ruined.

Consider yourself lucky to be able to AFFORD a holiday.

anniegb
August 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
BAA employees have an a package of benefits that most US employees would drool over and yet they have the affront to vote for a strike! They should get real !

If they do not like their terms and conditions - find another job!

PS I am a member of Unite

anniegb
August 12th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Unite is the same union in dispute with BA.

Coincidence?

robinp
August 13th, 2010, 03:42 AM
Unite is the same union in dispute with BA.

Coincidence?

My thoughts exactly - I do find it rather amusing that at the moment the only union which seems to think that, in the middle of a recession, a 1% pay rise is unreasonable.

The BA thing pi55ed me off even more - BA as a company is currently haemoraging money left right and centre, the employees of BA might not have a job in a few years unless the company can turn itself around, striking will not help that situation 1 iota!