PDA

View Full Version : Tickets have arrived have been upgraded.

riderhotlegs
August 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone collected tickets today have been upgraded to balcony cabin on A Deck. Guess loyality has paid of at last.

angelosbambino
August 12th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone collected tickets today have been upgraded to balcony cabin on A Deck. Guess loyality has paid of at last.

YEEESS ! and me i have suite on a deck port side !!! how lucky am i.......think a certain person may have helped !!!!! i. will message you, we may be near each other,

t200she
August 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Fabulous news.. how lucky are you all!!! Hope we get good news when our tickets arrive next week

Sheila

skybosun
August 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Congrats to you both for the upgrades. Am dead jealous. This is only our third trip on OV and took a guarantee outside cabin with fingers crossed as only suites left when we booked and that was too many pennies. We had a balcony for our two previous trips and it was really good. Had sneaky look at our on-line details and see we have been allocated exactly what we booked so don't think there is much chance of an upgrade now unless it can happen at the last minute. While I am on, have you done this area before and did you pre-book any diy shore trips or just see what was available at the port? There don't seem to be as many recs around for the guides on the med stops as there were for the carib which we thought were really helpful. Congrats again you lucky people:p

angelosbambino
August 12th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Congrats to you both for the upgrades. Am dead jealous. This is only our third trip on OV and took a guarantee outside cabin with fingers crossed as only suites left when we booked and that was too many pennies. We had a balcony for our two previous trips and it was really good. Had sneaky look at our on-line details and see we have been allocated exactly what we booked so don't think there is much chance of an upgrade now unless it can happen at the last minute. While I am on, have you done this area before and did you pre-book any diy shore trips or just see what was available at the port? There don't seem to be as many recs around for the guides on the med stops as there were for the carib which we thought were really helpful. Congrats again you lucky people:p

Hi there,
have done most of these ports before.yes, mostly you can sort out your own trips from the ports. we do use puplic transport alot more in the med than the carribean...never had any problems

Ilovecake
August 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
YEEESS ! and me i have suite on a deck port side !!! how lucky am i.......think a certain person may have helped !!!!! i. will message you, we may be near each other,

Wow to you and rhl. Lucky you 2 people are! We had a suite on our first OV trip. It was brilliant. By a certain person, I assume you have been in touch with AV himself and he wants you nearer him :D funny as I am sure the Capt lives at the front port side :rolleyes:. Don't ask me why I think that and you may know better!:o

bogofman
August 13th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Where were your original cabins?

GixxerGal
August 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Me and Karen ticked the DONT want and Upgrade box :-( bugga :(
But HEY OVERTHE MOON -- partys in balcony cabins now nthen :-) xx:D

angelosbambino
August 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM

yes definatly, you will be most welcome to join me for cocktails on a.deck !! but dress will be formal.....sorry but no primark attire. !!

GixxerGal
August 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Bugga --will have to go to Dotty P's then .
Colin and Shelia have a suite too --but their friends also ticked the no upgrades --so they down below with us :(

t200she
August 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Can't believe our upgrade to A deck... only hope the lift doesn't break down!!!

Cruise Anorak
August 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Congrats to you all that have been given upgrades. Have your details of your booking on the OV site say you have upgrades or only on your tickets? Not received our tickets yet but keeping fingers crossed.

weatherman46
August 13th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Not recieved our tickets yet either, but did ask for guarantee cabin so have our fingers crossed. This is our third time on OV in a year so you never know.

SqueakyDust
August 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Wow, lucky things.
I've yet to even see the inside of a Balcony cabin :rolleyes:

riderhotlegs
August 14th, 2010, 01:00 AM
More fool you but oh yes party time it will be.

t200she
August 14th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yep.... bring it on!!!

riderhotlegs
August 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Gixxer you have gone very quiet hope your not sulking!

GixxerGal
August 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM
lol No was late in from Big Bro (3 am) and was out all day yest.

Not sure when to start packing lol -- I am away for Bank Holiday --so need to get that out of way first -- then SERIOUS packing to start :-)

Cant remember who mentioned about Trips --but we have allways done the Med independant or got a bus. Its dead easy everywhere.

Hope they dont change itinery too much as my sis in law lives in Messina and planning on meeting up with her that day too :-)

skybosun
August 16th, 2010, 02:22 PM
:)Congrats to you all that have been given upgrades. Have your details of your booking on the OV site say you have upgrades or only on your tickets? Not received our tickets yet but keeping fingers crossed.

I would be interested in that answer also as we in same position. No tickets yet but cabin of type as booked when looking on line. Fingers and toes crossed.

leedslad
August 16th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Come on girls this has got to be a wind up

These cabins are the first to sell out...we couldnt book one in Jan all sold out. So these are all cancellations??????? yeah ok;)

riderhotlegs
August 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
:)

I would be interested in that answer also as we in same position. No tickets yet but cabin of type as booked when looking on line. Fingers and toes crossed.
When the tickets came i found out not previous notification at all.

riderhotlegs
August 16th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Come on girls this has got to be a wind up

These cabins are the first to sell out...we couldnt book one in Jan all sold out. So these are all cancellations??????? yeah ok;)
Of course its not a wind up after 17 cruises with OV, loyalty has finally been rewarded.

GixxerGal
August 17th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I think Colin and Sheila are only on their 3rd OV --and they have a suite too --so its NOT a wind up.......................

And Leedslad the ship is never sold out ... each TA is allocated a band of cabins -- who you spoke to had maybe ran out -- shop around ....
OV will now be selling the inner cabins ect off cheaper.. as last min. buys and hence ensuring the ship is full

weatherman46
August 17th, 2010, 11:49 AM
No tickets yet :( and online still shows cabin as originally booked.

skybosun
August 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM
... each TA is allocated a band of cabins -- who you spoke to had maybe ran out

I thought the cabin allocation was done by ocean village office in London or at least thats what OV customer services told me when I asked months ago??? I would not have thought that TAs had write access to the OV bookings details such as cabin numbers???

sheeper370
August 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I thought the cabin allocation was done by ocean village office in London or at least thats what OV customer services told me when I asked months ago??? I would not have thought that TAs had write access to the OV bookings details such as cabin numbers???

Correct. I always like to book the same cabin and have achieved this through a number of different TAs (whoever is offering the best deal). They inevitably have to refer to the Ocean Village desk.

GixxerGal
August 18th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I have allways understood the cabins are block released to all ta's --thats why when you enquire about booking , their is allways a* limtited few left* We have allways had the same cabins every time (have never booked through OV though)

As our initial booking (this time)was for 3 people -- we are in a *new to us* cabin-- when the 3rd person dropped out (and cancelled/lost deposit etc) we rung OVand TA and asked for our *usual* cabin --as now their are just two of us in a *family* cabin... and they wont let us change,,,,,, that would have been in their best interest as two more paying customers. Now its me and my sis with 2 twins and 2 drop downs ...

weatherman46
August 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
Tickets have finally arrived, but no upgrade for us :(

t200she
August 21st, 2010, 01:10 PM
Thought our tickets would have been here, but nothing yet!