Romantic Escapade at IC Thalasso Bora Bora

ellie424

Has anyone done the romantic escapade excursion at the IC Thalasso in Bora Bora? I'm just wondering if it is worth the price. We are doing a 3 night pre-cruise stay (1 night Tahiti, 2 nights Moorea in an OWB) but it would be really nice to stay in an OWB while in Bora Bora as well. Also, the IC Thalasso looks beautiful!! I don't know if I can justify spending the money though since we already will have paid for the night on the PG along with meals. I was just wondering if anyone has done this excursion and I welcome any opinions about whether you think it is worth it as well! ;)

I'm kinda on the fence, but I think I'm leaning more towards not doing it.

If you can wait til late Oct for a review, I will let you know then :)

for us it's worth it cuz we're not doing any pre-cruise or post cruise stay.

(hubby cannot take more than a week off from work)

p.s - Congrats on your upcoming wedding & honeymoon!!

• 2 months later...

Since we did not do any pre or post cruise stay, the OWB at IC Thalasso in Bora Bora was THE BEST excursion for us on our cruise!!

Including us there were 3 couples who did this excrusion on PG. I was even able to squeeze in Tapuna 4x4 that morning.

Anyways, they were a little slow at check in and there was some confusion at dinner. (They did not inform us of a set menu) But overall the view and the place was fabulous. We were able to do some snorkeling near the church area, and watched sunset and sunrise with gorgeous view of Mt Otemanu on our deck. Breakfast was delicious and deliver via canoe... Words cannot describe this gorgeous place... Wising you a fabulous time!!

Since we did not do any pre or post cruise stay, the OWB at IC Thalasso in Bora Bora was THE BEST excursion for us on our cruise!!

Including us there were 3 couples who did this excrusion on PG. I was even able to squeeze in Tapuna 4x4 that morning.

Anyways, they were a little slow at check in and there was some confusion at dinner. (They did not inform us of a set menu) But overall the view and the place was fabulous. We were able to do some snorkeling near the church area, and watched sunset and sunrise with gorgeous view of Mt Otemanu on our deck. Breakfast was delicious and deliver via canoe... Words cannot describe this gorgeous place... Wising you a fabulous time!!

Thank you so much for reporting back on your IC Thalasso OWB excursion!! :) My fiance and I are going on the PG for our honeymoon and will be doing a 3 night pre-cruise stay (1 night in Tahiti at Manava, and 2 nights in Moorea in an OWB at the Sofitel). Would you recommend this excursion even if I'm already doing a pre-cruise stay?? Also, what was the total cost per couple for this excursion?? Thanks again!! :p

I will be biased in that I absolutely prefers an OWB in Bora Bora over Moorea. That said, I think you should look into the differ reviews of IC Thalasso BB and Moorea Sofitel ...and decide what you and your fiance are looking for in an OWB. Is it the view? the seclusion? the food? I think an OWB is an amazing experience to have in FP, and we were lucky enough and be spoiled at the Thalasso. We paid $1850 for one nite thinking this was the most crazy expensive excursion in the world. But as soon as we saw our bungalow, we were in awwwweee.... FYI - we had a Sapphire room & had to signed off our meals' receipts for their accounting purpose. Dinner was worth about $350 and breakfast was $200. We also had a bottle of champagne in our room AND at dinner. We had to take the 1p tender on day 1 and be check in around 2p, the next day check out was 11a. All the transfers were included and very efficient. We had a porthole cabin on our cruise, so didn't mind the splurge on this excursion. Please let me know if you need any other info to decide on your trip. It's your honeymoon and it will be awesome no matter what! :)

Everyone has an opinion. We have done precruise stays on all four of our PG vacations. First two were at Le Meridien on Bora Bora. The first one we stayed in an OWB. Second one we stayed in a Beach Bungalow, our preference and loved it. We stayed at The Private Island on Ta"haa the last time, again in a beach bungalow by choice. I personally think the hotel excursion from the ship is over kill if you are doing the precruise. The food and service are so much better on the PG.

Having said that, the fact that we pine away for our next trip on the PG should encourage you to be confident that you really can't make a mistake in whatever you decide to do, unless you foolishly think, as I did, that it was a once in a lifetime trip.

Archived