PDA

View Full Version : Cruise West Has "New Owners," New Bookings Suspended, World Cruise May Be Canceled

LauraS
September 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Cruise West Has "New Owners," New Bookings Suspended, World Cruise May Be Canceled

Read the entire news article... (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4080)

Krazy Kruizers
September 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks -- will be interesting to see what happens.

LenBikes
September 8th, 2010, 09:34 AM
:eek::rolleyes:Wonderful:rolleyes:

Betty and I are scheduled to board leg 15 in Halifax on Sept 22. Looked forward to this cruise for many months.
At least we have insurance.

Len:confused:

Dan Askin
September 8th, 2010, 04:59 PM
:eek::rolleyes:Wonderful:rolleyes:

Betty and I are scheduled to board leg 15 in Halifax on Sept 22. Looked forward to this cruise for many months.
At least we have insurance.

Len:confused:

Len, did Cruise West contact you with the news, or is this the first you're hearing?!

barefootfantasy
September 9th, 2010, 09:27 PM
We are scheduled on two of their crusies. New Years Eve and May 28th. Don't know whether to wait it out or contact the credit card company now.:eek::(

Highflyer1
September 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
We are scheduled on two of their crusies. New Years Eve and May 28th. Don't know whether to wait it out or contact the credit card company now.:eek::(

If it is true that this cruise line just decided to end those on the world cruise and cancel the remaining then I would suggest that this is not very good customer service. It is within their rights to cancel and sell the ship but I would not book on this cruise line.

Why would you want to wait to find out..new owners means new processes and new issues. What for others to try out first..are you expecting that the food would be that much better ?? or worse ??

kayswa
September 12th, 2010, 04:52 PM
We were scheduled to travel in segment 14 leaving St. John's. Received phone call from Cruise West rep on Sunday am Sept 5 leaving message that the trip was cancelled.

We have insurance on the trip but it is Cruise West Peace of Mind not an outside provider. Have sent them an email to the address they list for those paying cash with no outside insurance coverage. Received an automated response but no other contact from them.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Kay

kayswa
September 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Len,

Do you have Cruise West Peace of Mind insurance or an outside provider?

Kay

barefootfantasy
September 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM
If it is true that this cruise line just decided to end those on the world cruise and cancel the remaining then I would suggest that this is not very good customer service. It is within their rights to cancel and sell the ship but I would not book on this cruise line.

Why would you want to wait to find out..new owners means new processes and new issues. What for others to try out first..are you expecting that the food would be that much better ?? or worse ??
We did not wait. Contacted the credit card company and they will take care of it. Still stuck with the airlines tickets however.

LHT28
September 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Still stuck with the airlines tickets however.

Call the airline they may give you a credit to use them in the future or claim on your insurance