New to PG Cruises Dec 4, 2010 booked!

lynne4619

Hi everyone! We are very excited about our upcoming cruise. If any of you are going to be on the Dec 4 sailing, please let me know! Would love to meet any of you who are going to be onboard.

I posted a note on the Roll Call but got no response.

If any of you have any advise about the 14 day Tuomatus,Marquesas and Society cruise, please let me know.

I read these boards at least once a week. Thanks to all of you who have posted trip reports. I relish each and every one of them!

Laraine, I just copied your shopping info! Thank you!

Lynne

Hi everyone! We are very excited about our upcoming cruise. If any of you are going to be on the Dec 4 sailing, please let me know! Would love to meet any of you who are going to be onboard.

If any of you have any advise about the 14 day Tuomatus,Marquesas and Society cruise, please let me know.

I read these boards at least once a week. Thanks to all of you who have posted trip reports. I relish each and every one of them!

Lynne

Hello Lynne , my husband Dennis and me ,Melanie, will be onboard the 4th of Dec 2010

We are from the Netherlands and hope to meet you on the cruise we have do a lot of cruising but never on the Paul gaugain Melanie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I did this itinerary December 2008. There's a review/report around somewhere on the boards, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. The Marquesas islands are fantastically beautiful and very different and remote.

Hi Wendy,

I have not been able to find your trip report. Would love to read it, any ideas about how to find it?

Hello Lynne , my husband Dennis and me ,Melanie, will be onboard the 4th of Dec 2010

We are from the Netherlands and hope to meet you on the cruise we have do a lot of cruising but never on the Paul gaugain Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I am happy to know we will not be alone on the ship. I look forward to meeting you and Dennis. I have a friend here in US also named Melanie, who is from Rotterdam. Small world. Let's figure out when and where to meet.

Dear Lynne,

We have sailed on PG twice and are looking forward to returning. We have posted stories on both cruises on our website. The stories have a lot of pictures to help you visualize your cruise.

We would be happy to answer any questions.

Hi Steve and Kathy,

Thanks for the lovely trip report and photos. I really appreciate it!

Hi Wendy,

I have not been able to find your trip report. Would love to read it, any ideas about how to find it?

Here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894706&highlight=paul+gauguin

(The PG was managed by Regent until recently, so searches on that board will be useful to you.)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Melanie,

I am happy to know we will not be alone on the ship. I look forward to meeting you and Dennis. I have a friend here in US also named Melanie, who is from Rotterdam. Small world. Let's figure out when and where to meet.

May be you can call me in our stateroom 426

Sorry I was not on Cruise critic for a long time

Rotterdam is half an hour from my place , Noordwijk on the beach I am sure she will know the place We departe the30 th of Nov. to Los Angeles and the 3th of Dec to Papeete

When we go back we will stay a few nights in Las Vegas

I can hardly wait With Kindly Regards Melanie

We were on the same cruise as Wendy and enjoyed every minute of it(especially when dining with Wendy and her husband). Be advised that turism is not very developed in the Marquesas. Basically, it's government investment allowing the locals to purchase pickups that take you around the mountains and valleys. Go for the history, the geographic distance(the Marquesas are the furest distance from any continenet in the world). Best of all, enjoy the cruise ship and their wonderful staff.

All reports indicate that the service and quality remain as good or better. One travel agent reported to me that the food was even better than before.

We have been on decks 8,6,7 and 4. In fact, I believe we will be in 426 for our upcoming cruise! The upper decks are nice but really you will spend very little time in your cabin and all the rest of the ship, food and service is the same for everyone!

Cruisedreamer, try and get your 426 changed. We found that it is near some pipe and the water gushes by day and night. When we asked to be moved we were told that others had also complained about this cabin.

If you are in a triple just ask them to move the sofa bed into another cabin that is available.

• 2 weeks later...
Cruisedreamer, try and get your 426 changed. We found that it is near some pipe and the water gushes by day and night. When we asked to be moved we were told that others had also complained about this cabin.

If you are in a triple just ask them to move the sofa bed into another cabin that is available.

Hello , thanks for letting me know

Did you got another cabin? Regards Melanie

In the 2011 brochure, the "Gaughines" are mentioned as local social staff who are "eager to share their island history and culture through song, dance, and a variety of talks and demonstrations." So I suppose they are ambassadors and performers. How many of them are on board?

Where do the other staff come from - waiters, bartenders, musicians, room attendants? Are they not recruited locally from the Polynesian islands?

The Gauguines are wonderful. Not sure of the exact number, but I am guessing 7 - 8. They are involved in a lot of the shipboard activities and help make the ship a special experience. The other staff if from all over the world. Most of the housekeepers, wait staff, and butlers are from the Phillipines. The chefs and cooks are predominately from western Europe. The band, Siglo, is from the Phillipines, but much of the other entertainment is from the US. Based on the itinerary, local entertainers are brought on board for poolside shows.

Be forewarned...this is a once-in-a-lifteime experience that you will want to do over and over again!

Hi Melanie,

Let's meet up somewhere on the ship the first day. We are staying at the Moorea Hilton for 6 days pre cruise, so we will be on Polynesian time by the time we board the PG. :)

Lynne in 731

O.K Lynne The poolbar will be open I think. around 3.oo hours we will be there

We arive the 3th in Papeete ,after the cruise we stay a few days in Moorea

Melanie,

We got our cabin changed while we were there. But now know to avoid this one.

Miriam

I called my travel agent in the States he called P Gaugain and they tolled him they never had anny complanes

Now I printed your comment so when we have the same trouble we can show them !

I can not understand were the water come from because above the cabin is the piano bar

but anny way I am verry glad you told me

Thanks Melanie

Melanie,

I can only speak from experience as that is the very cabin we had last november on the 15 day trip to Fiji.

Why cannot your agent change the cabin? I dont get this at all. Very strange.

I do not have a plumbing map so cannot tell you the inflows and outflows of their water!

Lynne

Hello Lynne,

Steve and I (Fenner-Marie) from Hawaii will be on the Dec. 4th cruise. One week and 6 days away! We are looking for other snorkelers who might want to snorkel on Fakarava with the Paul Gauguin. So far they only take divers on Fakarava. I did the 7 day cruise in 2006 and utterly loved it to pieces. We will be in 714. What stateroom are you in?

Fenner

Hello Lynne,

Steve and I (Fenner-Marie) from Hawaii will be on the Dec. 4th cruise. One week and 6 days away! We are looking for other snorkelers who might want to snorkel on Fakarava with the Paul Gauguin. So far they only take divers on Fakarava. I did the 7 day cruise in 2006 and utterly loved it to pieces. We will be in 714. What stateroom are you in?

Fenner

Hi Steve and Fenner,

So far we have not booked any excursions, but really love to snorkel.

Will look forward to meeting you on Dec. 4. Then we can get it all figured out.

O.K Lynne The poolbar will be open I think. around 3.oo hours we will be there

We arive the 3th in Papeete ,after the cruise we stay a few days in Moorea

Hi Melanie,

We will be boarding about 3PM. We are staying in Moorea pre cruise and will take the ferry over and arrive about 2:30.

I will check the pool bar and see if we can find you.

We are getting very excited!

Looking forward to meeting you and Steve and Fenner. We are still in 731

Archived