PDA

View Full Version : 30lbs in 30 weeks....................

Dolly Rocker
September 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I started back my diet this week & have set myself a challenge of 30lbs in 30 weeks.

This will take me up until 4th April 2011

Anyone want to join me?

Current Weight - 177.75lbs
Target Weght - 147lbs

First weigh in will be on Monday - wish me luck!

L x x x

JJPacer
September 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to loose weight for our cruise, but also for DD wedding 9/3/2011. I cannot bring myself to post my weight, but I will gladly share my weight loss.

I started making a a turkey wrap for lunch. It's good. Wheat tortilla, turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoe, green onion, and a small drizzle of poppyseed salad dressing. Yum!

I do wholeheartedly wish you luck!

JJ

Dolly Rocker
September 10th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Well I have stuck to my plan this week so hopefully Monday will be a good result!!!

Still got the weekend to go though!

L x x x

Dolly Rocker
September 12th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Well its Sunday I'm in work right now & so far so good stuck to my points this week I'll weigh myself tomorrow & we can see how I've done!

I'm feeling positive this time like I'm ready to make the change permanently!

L x x x

dancersp119
September 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Well its Sunday I'm in work right now & so far so good stuck to my points this week I'll weigh myself tomorrow & we can see how I've done!

I'm feeling positive this time like I'm ready to make the change permanently!

L x x x

love to join you...cruising next may..current weight is too scary but will definately post weight loss..good luck to all of us

Dolly Rocker
September 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
The more the merrier welcome!!!

The Mr had a chinese take away for dinner & I came home & cooked cant believe it!!! I have some will power

L x x x

Dolly Rocker
September 13th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Lost 2lbs this week!!!

Start Weight - 177.75lbs
Current Weight - 175.75lbs
Loss - 2lbs

L x x x

andiloveu
September 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Lost 2lbs this week!!!

Start Weight - 177.75lbs
Loss - 2lbs

L x x x
I would love to lose weight before our cruise. Cruise is on November 27th. What are you doing to lose? Do you workout? I know I only have 11 weeks but I would love to lose 1 dress size at least.

However, this is my problem. Six weeks ago I had a misscarriage and had to have major surgery(left falopian tube and ovary). I am doing better but I am still anemic from the blood lose. The doctor said I can workout but not hard. Can I still lose weight just walking on the treadmill? I have cleaned up my diet also. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dolly Rocker
September 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Oh sorry to hear about your miscarriage -0 sending love to you!

If youhave changed your diet & you are still more active than you were before then yes walking on the treadmill will still help.

You also dont want to overdo it especially as you have had surgery.

L x x x

andiloveu
September 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Thank you Dolly Rocker for the encouragement. I went on a 2 mile walk today at a walking trail near our house. It felt so good to get outside. I will tell you alittle about myself. I am 39 yrs old. I have been married 17 years and this December 5 we will be celebrating number 18. We have two boys 10 and 7. We are so looking forward to this cruise. We board on November 27th. This is the 5th cruise for my husband and I and first for our boys. I hope I can lose weight before we leave. You are doing great. What is your secret? Here are my stats I'm 5'7'' and 225lbs. I would love to lose 20 lbs before we cruise. Is that crazy or can I do it?

SW 225lbs
CW 225lbs
GW 150lbs

Thanks,
Andi

Dolly Rocker
September 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Theres no reason for you not to!

I just stick to my Weight Watchers its the only thing for me that works. Its about finding what works for you & not what everyone else says is best for you.

Make sure to eat enough aswell its not good for you to eat too little either drink lots of water & excercise - even walking is good.

I walk around my local park any day that I can which is the only excercise I get!

Well I'm 27 from Glasgow. Getting Married in August 2011 then Honeymoon cruise in September 2011 so this is why I am making the change now.

I'm buying my Wedding Dress on Saturday so that is going to be the motivation for me!

L x x x

andiloveu
September 15th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Theres no reason for you not to!

I just stick to my Weight Watchers its the only thing for me that works. Its about finding what works for you & not what everyone else says is best for you.

Make sure to eat enough aswell its not good for you to eat too little either drink lots of water & excercise - even walking is good.

I walk around my local park any day that I can which is the only excercise I get!

Well I'm 27 from Glasgow. Getting Married in August 2011 then Honeymoon cruise in September 2011 so this is why I am making the change now.

I'm buying my Wedding Dress on Saturday so that is going to be the motivation for me!

L x x x
Congrats on your upcoming marriage. How exciting! I remember how much fun it was to plan our wedding. And buying the dress is the highlight. My mothers family is from Scotland. My mom even plays the bagpipes.

I wish you all the best. Keep up the good work with your weight lose.

Andi

Dolly Rocker
September 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Maybe she can play at our wedding!!

We dont have a piper!

Catch up soon

L x

Dolly Rocker
September 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Start Weight - 177.75lbs
Loss - 2lbs

Stayed the same this week due to being naughty & having pizza & wine on Saturday - oopsie!

L x x x

KeKe28
September 22nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Hello everyone!

I just joined cruise critic and noticed your group. Is it ok if I joined? I'm 28 yrs old and I need to loose 20LBS! Thanks

mrsnosab
September 23rd, 2010, 02:48 AM
I would love to join in too! We are cruising In Feb and I would love to lose some of the baby weight. My husband just left for 3 months of army school so it would be nice to look great when he comes back.

emmtee
September 24th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Mind if I join you? There are so many great threads, but this one was started on my birthday. :)

A few weeks ago, my parents announced that they're taking the whole family to Alaska next July to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I had been thinking that I'd like to finally look good in my cruise pics this time, but I didn't have any real solid plans to lose weight until a week ago Monday. I was shopping and found a bathroom scale that was marked on clearance. It was too good a deal to pass up, and once I bought it, I had to try it out. (I love gadgets, and this scale measures your % body fat and % water.)

I've been on WW before and did pretty well. (Went off plan and gained back all my weight when life got really stressful.) I know what I should be eating; I just haven't been doing it. Anyhow, since I bought my new scale, I promised to weigh myself every day. Because I'm making myself accountable (even if it's just to myself) I've been more aware of what I'm eating. So far, it's working. I've lost 3.2 lbs in the last 1.5 weeks. I'm keeping an excel spreadsheet with a graph and everything. :)

I'm fortunate to have a lot of time (41 weeks) because I've got a lot to lose. I'd like to lose 75 lbs total. I'll be thrilled to lose 50-60 by the cruise. If I really stay on track, I could even reach my goal by my next birthday.

Dolly Rocker
September 26th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Start Weight - 177.75lbs
Current Weight - 171lbs
Loss - 6.75lbs

Yayyyyy - was out on the town last night though & have been eating naugty things today to try & get rid of my hangover so probs wont lose anything this coming week!!!

Welcome to the newbies - everyone is welcome here!

The more the merrier

Good luck!

L x x x

gagaMouse
September 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I would like to join. I have been wanting to lose weight and have no motivation. I know what to do. I have done it before. I have three kids with many activities and my husband works nights. I don't take time to take care of myself. So I would like to commit to this board and be accountable someplace. I don't feel comfortable putting my current weight on here but I will post weight loss. Congratulations to everyone on there weight loss so far. So weigh ins are Mondays? Keep up the good work and please keep posting what is working for you. Thanks!:)

Two-Step
September 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I would like to join also :) My fiance and I cruise in December and I would like to be at least 20lbs lighter by then. I started excercising and eating better at home on my own for the last month (lost 8 lbs, gained 3 of those back) but last week I fell off the wagon and didn't excercise once (besides dancing). The hardest part for me is not eating out with the rest of the office crew during the week at work but I am making huge progress on that in my choices when I do choose to eat with them so hopefully baby steps will get me there.

Dolly Rocker
September 27th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Its all about the baby steps for me aswell.

If I fall off the wagon I try not to beat myself up much just get right back on it again!

Good Luck everyone

L x

zstell
September 27th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Okay, I'm in. I sail a month 4 weeks from tomorrow, so not too much time for this trip. Next trip isn't until April so I will shoot for that one. Earlier this month I gained 4 pounds on a 7 day cruise :eek:

I don't care to post my actual weight, but I'll post gain/loss each week. Somehow I stopped eating healthy and quit going to the gym and 15 pounds later.....

Last week I found out my gym was closing and I was so upset w/myself for not staying fit enough to do it on my own. Well, today they secured a new location and have decided to stay open and I can start exercising Saturday. Maybe the scare will jolt me into getting busy. I guess I will go weigh and post results next week. Hoping this thread will help keep me focused. BTW, I would like to lose 15-20 pounds.

emmtee
September 28th, 2010, 02:49 AM
So it looks like weigh-in is on Mondays. Here's my progress.

Last week: Lost 2.4 lbs.
Total: Lost 4.4

I did well today. I resisted the candy jar at work. At lunchtime I stopped at McDonalds and was pleased to discover that they have a side salad on their dollar menu. You don't have to buy a meal with fries. I just went grocery shopping and stocked up on Lean Cuisines, frozen veggies, Yoplait Light, Diet Coke, and Fruit.

I think half my groceries have pink ribbons on them. Breast Cancer is a big issue for me. It took the life of my older sister last year. She was just 46 - the age I am now. Most people aren't aware that obesity is a risk factor for breast cancer. I know she's supporting me in my weight loss.

Dolly Rocker
September 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I've been sooooooooooo bad the last few days so have probably undone all my hard work!

Well I'm gonna get weighed again tomorrow & start fresh!

A new beginning x x x

emmtee
September 29th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Several years ago, when I was doing WW, one of the other ladies told me she avoided the meetings when she'd had a bad week (not followed the program.) I told her she didn't have to view the weigh-in as the results of the prior week. She could think of it as the start of the week to come. Don't stress about what is past. Just resolve to do better in the future. :)

TnMDougherty
September 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I set a target date to start as October 1st. I don't cruise till next August, but I have a very long way to go. I'm trying to be realistic with a goal of 5 lbs per month.

Saturday I will re-join the local Y with my two daughters. I'm shooting for 3 days a week there, and working with the Wii fit in between. Trying to make it fun, although I know it won't be.

Wish us all luck!

Dolly Rocker
September 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

L x x x

tracyanns
September 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
OK...I am hoping you are accepting new members. I have a bit of a crunch for my diet...and I know you are never supposed to try to lose more than 2 pounds a week but I have to so I gotta get some encouragement and some support here ladies!

I am not really overweight so I know it is going to be hard to lose those last few pounds that seem to just hang on...

So, I weighed myself this morning and I would be happy to lose 12 pounds but IDEALLY I am looking at 17 pounds and I cruise in 4 weeks and 2 days...

So for the last few days I have eaten all of my favorites to get them out of my system and now it is cold turkey. I am trying to eat less than 1,000 calories a day and I am going to exercise a bit but my problem is I don't really have the time with working and the kids and the running around so figured I'd eat less to make up those calories I would burn...

andiloveu
September 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
OK...I am hoping you are accepting new members. I have a bit of a crunch for my diet...and I know you are never supposed to try to lose more than 2 pounds a week but I have to so I gotta get some encouragement and some support here ladies!

I am not really overweight so I know it is going to be hard to lose those last few pounds that seem to just hang on...

So, I weighed myself this morning and I would be happy to lose 12 pounds but IDEALLY I am looking at 17 pounds and I cruise in 4 weeks and 2 days...

So for the last few days I have eaten all of my favorites to get them out of my system and now it is cold turkey. I am trying to eat less than 1,000 calories a day and I am going to exercise a bit but my problem is I don't really have the time with working and the kids and the running around so figured I'd eat less to make up those calories I would burn...
I understand your thinking because I think the same way. Eat less loss weight. But what I realized is my body will go in starvation mode and start saving lbs instead of losing them. I think a balanced diet and more activity is the way to go. I make myself walk on the treadmill or around the block no matter what time it is. If it is 9:00pm and I haven't worked out I get up off my big butt and go do it. I feel so much better than just sitting there watching tv. Not to say it isn't hard. Some nights I just want to curl up with a glass of wine and watch tv with the hubby. It is a battle for me every day. I am determined to win this battle. And so can we all!!!

andiloveu
September 29th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Start Weight - 177.75lbs
Current Weight - 171lbs
Loss - 6.75lbs

Yayyyyy - was out on the town last night though & have been eating naugty things today to try & get rid of my hangover so probs wont lose anything this coming week!!!

Welcome to the newbies - everyone is welcome here!

The more the merrier

Good luck!

L x x x
Congrats on the weight loss. I hope I start losing soon. I'm walking everyday. 30 to 35 minutes at 3.5mph. And I am doing situps and pushups. I'm up to 50 situps and 10 pushups. Not bad for an old lady. I'm hoping my endurance will get better and I can start jogging maybe. Well, keep up the good work!!

andiloveu
September 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I set a target date to start as October 1st. I don't cruise till next August, but I have a very long way to go. I'm trying to be realistic with a goal of 5 lbs per month.

Saturday I will re-join the local Y with my two daughters. I'm shooting for 3 days a week there, and working with the Wii fit in between. Trying to make it fun, although I know it won't be.

Wish us all luck!
Good luck on your weight loss journey. I will give you encourage whenever you need it.

Dolly Rocker
September 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yay go all us ladies!!!!

We are gonna do so well

There will be ups & downs literally for me probably but we will all be positive & help each other get there!

L x x x

TnMDougherty
September 30th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Okay - I just ate my last fast food breakfast for a very long time. That is my biggest weakness by far. It doesn't help that there is a Hardees right across from my office. At least I got the wrap instead of the biscuit. How's that for a baby step? Seriously, I have to do this, and I have to start now.

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

scubagoil
September 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hello! I think this group looks like a good fit, so I would love to join!

I have a cruise at the end of November and then attending a wedding in January where I will see lots of people I haven't seen in years. I would love to lose some weight and get some new clothes :D

I haven't weighed myself in weeks, so I will try to remember to do that tomorrow morning. I might even take some measurements so I get a true idea of my progress!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

dexsas
September 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM
This looks like the perfect group for me!

Starting weight 189.6
Current weight 173.6
Down 16 pounds!!! Woo Hoo!!

Want to lose atleast 20 pounds before our cruise Janury 2nd.

I am also doing Weight Watchers. I now need to step up the workouts...running makes all the difference!

My weigh in day is Thursday.

Good Luck Everyone!!! :)
~Gail

dexsas
September 30th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I should have said 20 "more" pounds.

I wish I only had 4 pounds to go!!! :rolleyes:

grumpyjr88
September 30th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Agree that it's healthier to lose only 1 - 2 pounds a week, but... The first time I tried South Beach diet, I lost nearly 10 pounds in just a couple weeks. In addition to the diet, I also started a sleep 'routine' to help me get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. The combination of the two are what gave me such a large weight loss.

I'm starting SB (and my sleep routine) tonight! I want to look awesome for my next cruise. :D

Good luck everyone!

andiloveu
September 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Agree that it's healthier to lose only 1 - 2 pounds a week, but... The first time I tried South Beach diet, I lost nearly 10 pounds in just a couple weeks. In addition to the diet, I also started a sleep 'routine' to help me get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. The combination of the two are what gave me such a large weight loss.

I'm starting SB (and my sleep routine) tonight! I want to look awesome for my next cruise. :D

Good luck everyone!
So maybe that's my problem. I cleaned up my diet and started working out everyday and no weight loss. Maybe I need more sleep. I only get 5 or 6 hours a night. I am going to try this and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

scubagoil
September 30th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Gail - You are right... exercise really makes the difference! I am hoping to get back to trail running soon because that is the only thing that seems to reduce the size of my hips :). I'm not quite there yet...

grumpyjr88 - SB is a good plan to follow - lots of protein and veggies! You have a tough goal, but with determination, you can do it!

andiloveu - Wow, I could never survive on 5-6 hours of sleep a night :eek:. I have heard that getting enough sleep helps with weight loss, but can't remember why.

andiloveu
September 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Hello! I think this group looks like a good fit, so I would love to join!

I have a cruise at the end of November and then attending a wedding in January where I will see lots of people I haven't seen in years. I would love to lose some weight and get some new clothes :D

I haven't weighed myself in weeks, so I will try to remember to do that tomorrow morning. I might even take some measurements so I get a true idea of my progress!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
We are cruising at the same time as you. We are on the Enchantment of the Seas. I would love to lose 20 lbs before we go. I am getting alittle frustrated right now. I've been eating really good and working out but no weight loss. My shape has shifted alittle which gives me hope. I'm going to stay on the course and see what happens.

scubagoil
September 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM
We are cruising at the same time as you. We are on the Enchantment of the Seas. I would love to lose 20 lbs before we go. I am getting alittle frustrated right now. I've been eating really good and working out but no weight loss. My shape has shifted alittle which gives me hope. I'm going to stay on the course and see what happens.

Don't forget... muscle weighs more than fat - so if you have been working out, you could be losing weight but not see results on the scale. If your shape is shifting, that sounds like you are making progress! :D Keep up the good work!

emmtee
October 1st, 2010, 02:24 AM
Here's an article about how sleep affects your weight:
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/lose-weight-while-sleeping

The gist of it is that sleep affects your hormones, and your hormones affect your appetite. This is something I really need to work on. I keep staying up late at night to read Cruise Critic! :p I was so tired this morning that I sneaked home at lunchtime to grab a 20 minute nap. I was also hungrier than usual. I didn't get the connection until just now when I read this article.

On that note, I'm shutting off the computer and going to bed right now.

Goodnight!

seeshore
October 1st, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'd like to join your group. We're cruising again in Jan. on Enchantment OTS as a celebration of my renewed good health and also a totally new knee. I'm having a total knee replacement on Oct. 20. Right now my mobility is very limited and any exercise is done in the pool. I'm also celebrating my great news of clear MRI's done as a follow up to 2 bouts with cancer.

I have about 40 lbs. to lose. I'm down about 20 from my all time high. Its hard for me to get in the groove with eating right now. I'm a little apprehensive about the surgery and I've been dealing with a bunch of preliminary stuff while getting things in order with my life and health prior to my hospital stay and rehab. I plan to focus on healthy eating while using WW materials to help me along. I'm sure my physical therapy will do some much needed calorie burning.

I'm at 98 days and counting down. October 1 is a great day to start!

TnMDougherty
October 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Happy Friday Morning everyone!! And Happy October!! :) It's official - I'm on a diet - again - ugh! How appropriate that I'm reading about the importance of sleep, since I woke up at 4:30 this morning! You would think that sleeping would be the Easiest part of weight loss - but no - not for me. If I had any sense, I would have started exercising when I got up, but instead I went straight to Facebook. It didn't even occur to me that I should do something besides sit on my rump. Old habits I guess.

Hopefully the rain will stop sometime today and I can walk at lunch. See ya later!

Stephani
October 2nd, 2010, 03:29 AM
I hope you don't mind if I join in! I am Stephanie, mom of 2 girls, wife of 12 years to hubby and I work overnight hours in a call center with many people that LOVE to order out and bring food to share!!:o

We are cruising for our very first time in January and hope to not only drop 15 pounds but also tone my arms, hips and thighs! No small order going into Holiday Season :eek:

I a firm believer that you have to eat to loose.... I have starved myself only to show little results (even with plenty of exercise). I now realize that breakfast, no matter how small, is a must. Smaller meals for the afternoon and early evening with a good snack in between works much better for me (and my attitude per my husband :p ).

I made a deal with myself.... the day I booked the cruise would be my official start date to excercise and commit to getting into shape... well a mere 5 days into it, I feel pretty good and will weigh in next Monday.

Hope everyone has a good (stay strong) weekend and looking forward to reading more motivating posts!!

~Stephanie

Dolly Rocker
October 2nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for all the tips girls!

This might help me in my journey for a smaller me

I got weighed again today & I'm 12st 7lbs

L x x x

TnMDougherty
October 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
I did it - I weighed in. I have been avoiding it like the plague, but I had actually overestimated - by 15 pounds! SO the day started out well. Went to the gym and signed up; did a brief workout that about killed me. Then it was off to the grocery store to re-stock my house with the right kinds of foods. I think that was the biggest eye-opener so far; to have to stop and think about what I was buying, and to realize what kind of garbage I've been feeding my family. No wonder we're all fat!!

Tonight's dinner; broiled salmon, fresh corn on the cob, and steamed broccoli. Yum!

scubagoil
October 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
I did it - I weighed in. I have been avoiding it like the plague, but I had actually overestimated - by 15 pounds! SO the day started out well. Went to the gym and signed up; did a brief workout that about killed me. Then it was off to the grocery store to re-stock my house with the right kinds of foods. I think that was the biggest eye-opener so far; to have to stop and think about what I was buying, and to realize what kind of garbage I've been feeding my family. No wonder we're all fat!!

Tonight's dinner; broiled salmon, fresh corn on the cob, and steamed broccoli. Yum!

Wow - 15 pounds less to lose than you thought! That is great! By the way... I want to come to your house for dinner :D

emmtee - thanks for the link! Great info!

Denise - I have known several people that had great success with WW - I'm sure you will too! Glad to hear your health issues are improving!

Stephanie - Working a overnight shift has got to be tough! I had the opportunity to do that when my daughter was younger, but I knew I would have a hard time with the hours. You are right about eating to lose - more meals in smaller portions works great!

Dolly - How often do you weigh yourself? Weekly? I weighed myself yesterday (but have decided not to post my weight as I know a couple of people on these boards :D) I will post pounds lost... I just don't know how often I should weigh myself. I want to keep track, but not drive myself crazy...

I went for a two hour hike yesterday and burned tons of calories. I really need new trail running shoes, so I have to decide if I should save a few bucks and order online, or run to REI and spend more but get to try them on and take them home right away!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

grumpyjr88
October 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM

That's fantastic!

TnMDougherty
October 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Sunday Brunch - Scrambled Egg Whites, Turkey Bacon & Multi-grain flat bread with a little "spray butter". Has anybody tried that stuff? I'm trying to figure out what the heck is in it - it's got zero everything on the label. Is it just colored water?

Dolly Rocker
October 4th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah I get weighed once a week!

Although cos I've had a bad week or two I got weighed again yesterday & I'm back up again

12st 9lbs!!!!

So all my hard work has been undone I will not be doin that again it soooooo not worth it

L x x x

andiloveu
October 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah I get weighed once a week!

Although cos I've had a bad week or two I got weighed again yesterday & I'm back up again

12st 9lbs!!!!

So all my hard work has been undone I will not be doin that again it soooooo not worth it

L x x x
This weekend I totally ruined my diet. Friends came over and I had pizza and wine. Maybe too many glasses of wine. I have been doing so good thru the week and then this weekend I screwed up. Well it's Monday and I'm back on my diet. I have to step up my workouts. I'm afraid I will try to take diet pills to reach my goal. I'm fighting the urge to buy those stupid pills. I get them at the health food store but I know there not that good. I'm trying to stay positive and not beat myself up to much. I can do this! Everyone have a good week!!!

Stephani
October 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Add me to the list of those that had a rough weekend! It got super cold here in Cleveland and that is comfort food time in my house! The vino does not help the diet either but sure warms up the inside. :p

I weigh in later today so we will see how much damage but no matter, this is called life and it happens. I am continuing to exercise and will have a better week!

Stay postive everyone. I hope this week is good for everyone! :D

~Stephanie

andiloveu
October 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Add me to the list of those that had a rough weekend! It got super cold here in Cleveland and that is comfort food time in my house! The vino does not help the diet either but sure warms up the inside. :p

I weigh in later today so we will see how much damage but no matter, this is called life and it happens. I am continuing to exercise and will have a better week!

Stay postive everyone. I hope this week is good for everyone! :D

~Stephanie
So you live in Cleveland? Is that Ohio? I know there are different clevelands. If so, we are neighbors. I live in Kent. And it was cold this weekend. Are you on WW? My friend is and lost alot of weight. I'm thinking about joining but I don't want to go to those meetings.

Well, hope to hear from you soon.
Andi

ms1badtk
October 4th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hello yall, i would like to join in but i have a little more than 30 # and less than 30 weeks to lose it. I am shooting for 1.5 lbs a week so far so good. i have lost 32 lbs since Jan and have kind of stayed there comfortable for a while but now it is time for me to kick this into high gear since i have until April 1st to lose 38.6 lbs to be exact but i know i can do this. I tend to weigh myself daily but my offical weighin days are Fridays. I am doing this with just watching calories and now starting to exercise again.

Good luck to yall and keep your heads up to those who had a bad weekend it is a new week. Have a Blessed week.

Starting weight: 184.6
Height: 5'5
Goal weight: 145 by April 1st
Real goal weight: 135lbs

Right now i am doing the Special K challenge so two of my meals will be Cereals until Oct. 12th. I woke up this morning at 4am and did 100 crunchs cant do full sit ups just yet but i am working on them i did 20 reverse situps (where you lift your legs up to work your lower abs) and side leg lifts then 30 mins on the stationary bike.

BTW my name is Christina i am 29 been married for 4 years an i live in Houston no kids just have my Furkids we have 3 and they are beautiful they truly are my babies.

emmtee
October 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Well, I had a good week as far as weight loss goes, but mostly because I've been sick for the last three days. Between the fever burning more calories and sweating off water, the lack of appetite and lack of energy to get up and get something to eat, I lost 4 lbs between Saturday and Sunday, and 4.8 for the week. That brings my total weight loss to 9.2 lbs lost since Mid-September.

emmtee
October 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM
..."spray butter". Has anybody tried that stuff? I'm trying to figure out what the heck is in it - it's got zero everything on the label. Is it just colored water?

When you spray it on hot vegetables it lets off steam, so I think it's mostly water with a little bit of butter flavor mixed in. I think there may be some fat in it - just not enough to count as a whole calorie per serving.

emmtee
October 4th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Are you on WW? My friend is and lost alot of weight. I'm thinking about joining but I don't want to go to those meetings.

Don't fear the meetings! If you have a good leader, they're the best thing about WW. You can go to a meeting feeling discouraged knowing you didn't stay on track and may have gained, and leave the meeting recharged, upbeat and encouraged. If you're really not into the whole meeting thing, you can also do WW online.

andiloveu
October 5th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Don't fear the meetings! If you have a good leader, they're the best thing about WW. You can go to a meeting feeling discouraged knowing you didn't stay on track and may have gained, and leave the meeting recharged, upbeat and encouraged. If you're really not into the whole meeting thing, you can also do WW online.
Ok. I think I will look into the ww online. Thanks. I did'nt realize they did it that way. Looking forward to losing these lbs and having some energy. Hope your feeling better.

dexsas
October 5th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I love W/W online...they've got a ton of info on there. I also use their app on my Ipad.

My weigh in is Thursday (got my fingers crossed). Been eating right and walking...and even a little running. My problem is I really need to tone up, I totally hate the looks of my stomach.:( I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Hope everyone is having a great week, keep up the good work!!!

~Gail

A little info about me:
Live in New Hampshire
43 Years Old
Been married 24 years
Have a 22 year old daughter at college studying to be a nurse.
I'm an office manager at my husbands business.

On our cruise in January, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, my husband's 50th birthday and my daughter's (first degree) and best friend's graduation from college.:D

andiloveu
October 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM
I love W/W online...they've got a ton of info on there. I also use their app on my Ipad.

My weigh in is Thursday (got my fingers crossed). Been eating right and walking...and even a little running. My problem is I really need to tone up, I totally hate the looks of my stomach.:( I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Hope everyone is having a great week, keep up the good work!!!

~Gail

A little info about me:
Live in New Hampshire
43 Years Old
Been married 24 years
Have a 22 year old daughter at college studying to be a nurse.
I'm an office manager at my husbands business.

On our cruise in January, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary, my husband's 50th birthday and my daughter's (first degree) and best friend's graduation from college.:D
I'm going to join ww online this week. I've been walking on the treadmill for 30 to 35 minutes each day. But I really want to step up my workout. I think I'm going to go get Jackie Warners new video. For the abs and cardio so I can burn off these lbs.

We go on our cruise Nov. 27th. It will be our 18th anniversary on December 5th while we are on the cruise. We can't wait. I just wish I could drop a dress size before we go. Well have a good week. Talk to you later.

dexsas
October 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Ok, well I have found that planning to work out at night just doesn't work!!! Something always seems to come between me and the treadmill. Mornings are now going to be my best friend as the only thing stopping me is sleep and my stupity.

I read others saying they don't get enough sleep...this is definitely not my problem. I normally get around 9 to 9.5 hours sleeping from 9:00/9:30 till 6:30. My husband is up at 5:30 and there is no excusable reason for me not to do the same. I have a small fortune invested in our home gym just waiting for me.

Tomorrow is my day, I know I feel so much better when I get done what I need to do first thing. Then if my husband and I have time to walk home from work in the evening (4 miles), I can and it will just be an even bigger bonus to my day.

I will (honestly) post tomorrow how I made out.

Night all...sweet dreams dreaming about your up upcoming cruise and being gorgeous!!:D

~Gail

PS: Why bother staying up when I've got no points left?!?! :eek:

emmtee
October 6th, 2010, 02:35 AM
... I do the crunches but because I have a bad neck, they kill me. Does anyone know any good ab workouts that don't pull on your neck?

Crunches or sit-ups always hurt my neck until I learned to do them this way: Don't put your hands under your neck. Instead, cross them over your chest. Try raising your chest - not your neck. Pick a spot on the ceiling and focus on it as you do your crunches. This will help you resist the urge to lift with your neck. To get the best results from your crunches, always suck in your stomach as you do them. The trainer from my "turning 30 weight loss" taught me this, and it made a huge difference.

The trainer from my "turning 40 weight loss" taught me to do planks. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm My trainer started me out with 3 sets of holding this for 10 seconds, and I gradually worked up to 3 sets of 30 seconds. He also had me doing the side planks.

dexsas
October 6th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Crunches or sit-ups always hurt my neck until I learned to do them this way: Don't put your hands under your neck. Instead, cross them over your chest. Try raising your chest - not your neck. Pick a spot on the ceiling and focus on it as you do your crunches. This will help you resist the urge to lift with your neck. To get the best results from your crunches, always suck in your stomach as you do them. The trainer from my "turning 30 weight loss" taught me this, and it made a huge difference.

The trainer from my "turning 40 weight loss" taught me to do planks. http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/abdominalcorestrength1/qt/plank.htm My trainer started me out with 3 sets of holding this for 10 seconds, and I gradually worked up to 3 sets of 30 seconds. He also had me doing the side planks.

Thank you so much for this information, I'll give it a try.

My morning plans did not work out as I planned...I'm a lazy butt!!! I've told my husband to put a firecracker under the bed in the morning to get me up!! Will try again tomorrow!!

Rainy and cold in NH, so no walking home tonight. Gotta go do some grociery shopping and buy myself a new scale...you know somethings not working when you weigh 4 pounds more in the morning than you did the night before!?:eek:

Hope everyone is staying motivated....you are sooooooo worth it!!

~Gail

andiloveu
October 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Today I was able to walk on the treadmill 30 min. Went a mile. Then my husband came home early and we went on a walk at a nearby park. It was 1.8 miles. I want to get up to 4 miles a day. It felt really good walking. The treadmill is good but going outside was great. Even if it was sprinkling.

Good luck everyone. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

andiloveu
October 7th, 2010, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the advice about how to do crunches. I could really feel the burn. And OMG the plank excerise almost killed me but I'm going to keep doing it till I can lift my leg and my arm. The more I do it the stronger I'll get. Thank you for the info.

TnMDougherty
October 7th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Happy Thursday everyone! I actually typed Friday, then had to edit. I've had this Friday feeling all day!
I've read all the posts about the various exercises, so I will have to confess here that I have done none. Nada. Zippo. I've got all the usual excuses, but excuses don't make the pounds go away. Neither does paying for a gym membership, which I did last Saturday. And just for the record, my scale has not budged, even though I've done very good all week. My worst day by far was yesterday. Wednesday night is church dinner night, and I just ate what was there; Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles & peas. I did pass on dessert ( FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER), and my total calories for the day were still under 1900, so I'm not going to stew about that. Today is another day, and I am fully back on the wagon. Oatmeal for breakfast, Chicken & Stars soup for lunch, & eggwhite omelet with turkey bacon for dinner.

Tomorrow - I conquer the gym! Or it conquers me. One of those two.

dexsas
October 7th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Did my weigh in this morning and the scale says I gained 1.4 pounds!!! :eek:

I should be screaming but I'm not! The reason being my scale died on Tuesday so I bought a new one last night which I used for the first time today. I'm thinking my old one was not correct. Everything is looser on me this week and people are actually noticing that I've lost weight so I'm not going to worry about it and just start fresh with this scale.

Tomorrow we are going to the Fryeburg Fair in Maine...lots of temptations but I'll survive and we'll be doing lots of walking.

So next week, I look forward to reporting a weight loss!!!

Take care everyone...be strong!!!:)

TnMDougherty
October 7th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Is anybody here doing WW online? I'm curious as to how this works, and if it'w worth it. What do you think?

scubagoil
October 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think most people get more out of WW by going to the meetings (I did both - first meetings, then online). But, I didn't enjoy the meetings because of the leaders. Some are great and some... well, you know...

Personally, I think the online program is way too much money for what you get. If you want to track calories on a website, a good one is www.myfooddiary.com (http://www.myfooddiary.com) It is only $9.95 per month as opposed to WW which is about that much a week. And their food tracker is much better. You can also use www.sparkspeople.com (http://www.sparkspeople.com). That one is free and the food tracker is pretty good - not as good as MyFoodDiary, but like I said... it's free!

Of course, that's just my opinion... lots of people (including my mother, aunt and several of their friends) have had great success with the WW program! They went to meetings (in case you were wondering...)

dexsas
October 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I really enjoy WW online. I used to go to meetings and had a real mixture of leaders...some I loved and some were horrible. I personally just don't have the time, after a long day at work, to attend a meeting.

Both online and meetings have worked for me...I just need to remember it is a lifestyle change and not just a diet so that I won't keep gaining it all back.

I don't know what kind of incentives they have for joining online right now, but I pay $17.95 per month and think it's worth every penny.

Just my opinion...do whatever works for you!!

~Gail :D

TnMDougherty
October 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I actually found a free calorie count web site that's pretty good. I've been tracking everything I've eaten all week there:

http://caloriecount.about.com/

BTW - as of this morning I'm down two whole pounds. WooHoo!!

ms1badtk
October 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Good Morning everyone, well today is my office weigh in day and it is pretty good. i lost 2.2 lbs this week so i am really happy on a bad note i am sick as can be but i have still managed to make myself get up at 4 am and exercise for 1 hour and then come home after work and get through my 40 min walk on the treadmill. Well keep up the good work everyone and i wish yall the best on your weighins. I have been thinking about weight watchers online but i just bring myself to spend the extra money since my way is working maybe if my way breaks i will have to break down and join the ww fan club.

Starting weight: 184.6
Current weight: 182.4

TnMDougherty
October 8th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Bad day here. I did okay till this afternoon, when I gave in and ate a snickers bar. I was really ticked off at myself and for a moment or two was ready to bag the whole thing. Then I saw a picture of myself on last year's cruise. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be her anymore! I promptly jumped back on the bandwagon. I will do this.

andiloveu
October 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Bad day here. I did okay till this afternoon, when I gave in and ate a snickers bar. I was really ticked off at myself and for a moment or two was ready to bag the whole thing. Then I saw a picture of myself on last year's cruise. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I don't want to be her anymore! I promptly jumped back on the bandwagon. I will do this.
Congrats on your determination! I am right there with you. Everytime I slip up I just get right back on. It's better than beating yourself up and doing more damage. Good luck in your weight loss. I'm about to do my workout.

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

andiloveu
October 10th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I did a 3.5 mile power walk today at the local park. It felt great. Trail has alot of hills so boy did I work my legs and butt. I'm not going to weigh myself until tomorrow morning. I don't want to get discouraged. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Good luck with all your weight loss goals. One day closer to our cruise. I can't wait.
Andi

TnMDougherty
October 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Heading to the gym to work out - yuk. Have a good day everyone!

TnMDougherty
October 11th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Woo hoo! I finally have something to put in my activity log besides breathing and housecleaning. I walked 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill and did the circuit weights. Not too bad considering I haven't worked out in 5 years.

cabrioclo
October 11th, 2010, 04:52 PM
i've been lurking at your group for a couple of weeks, thanks for your inspiration. i lost about 25 pounds over the past few months, (low sugar/no flour/lowfat/exersize) and i'm hoping to lose 30 more by cruise time (March 5). then another 30 by the time my next cruise rolls around (Sept?!). i'm at 221 now. my hubby is at 339. wow that hurt to write but i hope to look back on this post in a few months and know we hit our goals :o thanks for your support everyone!

Dolly Rocker
October 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Well ladies gor weighed yesterday I am currently 12st 5lbs.

Keep up the good work girls!

Remember your allowed to have the odd bad day but not a bad week!

L x x x

TnMDougherty
October 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard - and congrats on having the courage to write that. I'm not that brave yet. Maybe when I reach my goal I will fess up and tell you all where I started at.

Is your husband doing this with you? I think it really helps to have someone there with you. My two girls are doing it with me; although the youngest one does like to encourage the occasional weakness because that means she gets to eat something too.

I'm down one more pound; 47 to go.

andiloveu
October 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
So I bought the new Jackie Warner workout and did it today. It took 30 minutes and it kicked my butt. I had to do the modified version. But I'm glad I did it. If I don't start seeing the lbs coming off I'm going to go see the doctor. I'm watching my diet and working out. I have lost 5 pds so far. I guess I just want to see bigger numbers with all this hard work. However, I will not be discouraged. I have 45 days till our cruise and hope to at least lose one dress size.

Good luck everyone!

cabrioclo
October 11th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard - and congrats on having the courage to write that. I'm not that brave yet. Maybe when I reach my goal I will fess up and tell you all where I started at.

Is your husband doing this with you? I think it really helps to have someone there with you. My two girls are doing it with me; although the youngest one does like to encourage the occasional weakness because that means she gets to eat something too.

I'm down one more pound; 47 to go.

hi TnMD! yes, hubby doing it with me, he's down about 25 pounds also. it really does help to have someone calling you out when youre about to make a bad food choice! good luck to you and your girls and congrats on having only 47 more to go!!

ms1badtk
October 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
i've been lurking at your group for a couple of weeks, thanks for your inspiration. i lost about 25 pounds over the past few months, (low sugar/no flour/lowfat/exersize) and i'm hoping to lose 30 more by cruise time (March 5). then another 30 by the time my next cruise rolls around (Sept?!). i'm at 221 now. my hubby is at 339. wow that hurt to write but i hope to look back on this post in a few months and know we hit our goals :o thanks for your support everyone!

Keep up the great work! You are so much stronger than I am. I am doing this pretty much on my own the family eats what i cook for dinner but they also eat all the ice cream and cookies that i am not eating. But I can not seem to give up the pasta and breads i am married to an italian and i am hispanic so that is like a crime to not have carbs in our daily meals but we are doing good. Good luck and keep going!

Tina

andiloveu
October 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
How do I stay on track while dealing with family drama? I want to eat everything in sight or maybe just curl up with a bottle of red wine. Anyone else go thru this while trying to lose weight? How did you stay on track?

TnMDougherty
October 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Boy do I know family drama - don't get me started. I have kids on both coasts fighting long distance about whose fault it is that one of our cars blew a transmission and the repair bill is $4500 for a $4000 vehicle - never mind the fact that mama has to foot the bill regardless- it's all about them. And that's just today's crisis.

Unfortunately I have another vice that I go to for stressful times like these; cigarettes. I would probably attack everything in my pantry otherwise. Then again there's not much left in my pantry anyway. I figured since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, I just won't bring the junk into the house.

Thoughts about breads & pastas: try wheat or whole grain options for these. That way you can still have a version of yoru favorite foods without the added guilt!

ms1badtk
October 13th, 2010, 12:27 PM
How do I stay on track while dealing with family drama? I want to eat everything in sight or maybe just curl up with a bottle of red wine. Anyone else go thru this while trying to lose weight? How did you stay on track?

I have a punching bag that i take all my frustrations out on sometimes.

andiloveu
October 13th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I have a punching bag that i take all my frustrations out on sometimes.
Boy that sounds good. I wish I had one of those. I think I'll run on the treadmill and see if that helps. It always feels good after excercise.

andiloveu
October 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Boy do I know family drama - don't get me started. I have kids on both coasts fighting long distance about whose fault it is that one of our cars blew a transmission and the repair bill is $4500 for a $4000 vehicle - never mind the fact that mama has to foot the bill regardless- it's all about them. And that's just today's crisis.

Unfortunately I have another vice that I go to for stressful times like these; cigarettes. I would probably attack everything in my pantry otherwise. Then again there's not much left in my pantry anyway. I figured since I'm the one that does the grocery shopping, I just won't bring the junk into the house.

Thoughts about breads & pastas: try wheat or whole grain options for these. That way you can still have a version of yoru favorite foods without the added guilt!
Sorry to hear about your car trouble. I hope your kids start getting along for your sake. My family drama has to do with my sister. Well actually with her retarded husband. He is very abusive to her. They are visiting from TN this week and our whole family can hardly stomach him. She makes excuses for his behavior and will not accept our help. I just worry about her all the time. So I guess I am trying not to stress eat. I will step up my workout and see if that helps with the stress.

TnMDougherty
October 14th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds like your stress beats mine. I know what you mean about the stress eating. I have to admit I have let things get to me, and I haven't been on my best this week. I didn't totally fall off the wagon, but ate more than I should. Luckily my daughter came through for me tonight - with a very healthy and delicious dinner waiting for me when I got home from work; rturkey breast with brown rice & sliced cucumbers. Dessert was fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip. She got me back on the straight & narrow.

andiloveu
October 15th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like your stress beats mine. I know what you mean about the stress eating. I have to admit I have let things get to me, and I haven't been on my best this week. I didn't totally fall off the wagon, but ate more than I should. Luckily my daughter came through for me tonight - with a very healthy and delicious dinner waiting for me when I got home from work; rturkey breast with brown rice & sliced cucumbers. Dessert was fresh strawberries with fat free cool whip. She got me back on the straight & narrow.
How nice. I wish my kids brought me dinner. Of course, they are only 10 and 7 so I'll give them some time before I expect that. Good luck this weekend with your weight loss. I'm trying to keep my stress at bay. Talk to you later.

Andi

ms1badtk
October 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Good afternoon all,
I had a great week, i lost 2.6 lbs this week so i am 179.8 just into the 170's i am so happy and excited i have not been in the 170's for the last 6 years we so i am hoping that i can keep going down and dont slip back up into the 180s. I have started noticing the changes in my body i think my butt is going away and my tummy is getting flatter but my thigh they arent going anywhere which means i have to start doing squats. If anyone else has suggestions on exercises to help with my thighs let me know.

Well have a great weekend everyone i will try and check in tomorrow and try and keep your focus and stay calm do not let the stress get to you. Remember the BIG picture.

Tina

TnMDougherty
October 15th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Tina that's awesome!!!

After the week I've had I'm just grateful that I have maintained....

ms1badtk
October 15th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Tina that's awesome!!!

After the week I've had I'm just grateful that I have maintained....

Keep your head up you are doing great maintaining is great considering all of the stuff you have had to deal with this week. Try and stay postive.

Tina

ms1badtk
October 16th, 2010, 07:20 PM
hello all, How is everyone doing? well today was a pretty good but i did cheat big time. I was craving mexican o we went to a local mexican restaurant it was good. I am not too upset about it cause i know it is going to happen i just hope that i didnt mess up to bad and gain weight. I will try and exercise a little later tonight if not i will get in an extra work out tomorrow to try and offset. i will check in later

Tina

andiloveu
October 16th, 2010, 08:44 PM
hello all, How is everyone doing? well today was a pretty good but i did cheat big time. I was craving mexican o we went to a local mexican restaurant it was good. I am not too upset about it cause i know it is going to happen i just hope that i didnt mess up to bad and gain weight. I will try and exercise a little later tonight if not i will get in an extra work out tomorrow to try and offset. i will check in later

Tina
Yesterday I made a big italian dinner for all my family because my sister is in town. Chicken, risotto with shrimp, garlic and broccoli and for dessert new york style cheesecake. And of course wine. No italian dinner is without red wine. And I ate everything. I feel like I gained 10 lbs. Everybody loved it. I will be working out twice as hard this week to burn off all these calories. I totally am in the same boat as you this week. We can do it. Let me know how you do with your workouts.
Andi

TnMDougherty
October 17th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Well the family drama continues. I found out my daughter-in-law had been posting some unkind and untrue things about me and my daughter; all over this stupid car that she somehow felt entitled to. So I called her on it and asked her to explain what that was all about. Instead of offering any kind of apology or even an explanation, she unfriended me and the entire family - even her own mother! My poor son ( A Marine stationed on the West Coast) feels like he is caught in the middle and is trying to act as intermediary. What a mess. All I wanted was an apology. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

andiloveu
October 17th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Well the family drama continues. I found out my daughter-in-law had been posting some unkind and untrue things about me and my daughter; all over this stupid car that she somehow felt entitled to. So I called her on it and asked her to explain what that was all about. Instead of offering any kind of apology or even an explanation, she unfriended me and the entire family - even her own mother! My poor son ( A Marine stationed on the West Coast) feels like he is caught in the middle and is trying to act as intermediary. What a mess. All I wanted was an apology. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.
I'm sorry to hear about your family drama. I totally understand. Some people just can't show remorse and apologize. Unfortunatly you can't control others only yourself. Hope you stay on course with your weight loss this week even while going thru all of that. Keep your chin up. Talk to you later.
Andi

TnMDougherty
October 17th, 2010, 03:37 PM
spent an hour or so at the gym today; now we're spending the afternoon playing Wii fit. It's a great way to banish frustrations and anger, and change your perspective. Thanks go to my daughter for pushing me out the door this morning. Oh, and I did get an apology text from my DIL. This too shall pass right?

cabrioclo
October 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
yes, it will pass! glad you got an apology from DIL but doesnt really change what she did. just keep moving ahead, there's only so much you can control. and you (we!) can control what we eat and how much we move. your DD sounds wonderful. i think you have 2 of them so thats double-great.

down to 217 today....hubby bought one of those ridiculous medical scales (like at the doctors office, with the height thingy on it).

glad to hear youre a Wii'er also - i use the game called Active -- it's fun!

andiloveu
October 18th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hello All. Hope everyone has a good week. I am going to workout twice as hard this week to burn off all my extra calories I ate this weekend. I think I will do the treadmill and the Jackie Warner CD everyday. That should burn at least 500 calories. And I have to start taking my vitamins everyday because I am feeling really run down. I keep forgetting I had surgery only 3 months ago and the doc said it would take 8 months to get back to normal. I am very impatient. Oh well something else to work on.

Good luck everyone this week!!

Andi

ms1badtk
October 19th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Good Morning everyone, i am feeling really Blah today. I havent exercised in the last couple of days an i am finding it really hard to wake up at 4 am to exercise and then i dont get home from work until 6 an really dont feel like exercise then as well. I dont know what has got into me but i know i need to snap out of it. So i plan on going home today and walking on treadmill for 40 mins and punch bag for atleast 10 mins but really thinking 20 mins and then while i am watching Biggest Loser i am going to try an ride the bike. I do not like riding it but i will suck it up and ride it.

Andi, please take it easy with surgery you dont want to push to hard you do not want to hurt yourself but good job keep up the good work.

Have a good week everyone.

Tina

Dolly Rocker
October 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hey girls

Well thats me 12st 4lbs.

Got weighed on saturday then kinda went crazy sunday & monday oopsie!!!

L xxx

andiloveu
October 20th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Good Morning everyone, i am feeling really Blah today. I havent exercised in the last couple of days an i am finding it really hard to wake up at 4 am to exercise and then i dont get home from work until 6 an really dont feel like exercise then as well. I dont know what has got into me but i know i need to snap out of it. So i plan on going home today and walking on treadmill for 40 mins and punch bag for atleast 10 mins but really thinking 20 mins and then while i am watching Biggest Loser i am going to try an ride the bike. I do not like riding it but i will suck it up and ride it.

Andi, please take it easy with surgery you dont want to push to hard you do not want to hurt yourself but good job keep up the good work.

Have a good week everyone.

Tina
I too have a hard time motivating myself to workout. While my sister was here I did not workout for 5 days and I felt so bad about it. Last night I got on the treadmill. It felt good to start my routine again. I am trying to balance working out and not pushing to far since I am still recovering. It's hard to know if I can push alittle further or am I going to hurt myself. Hopefully by next year I won't have to worry about it any more.

Good luck this week. Keep up your determination, I will try too.

Andi

andiloveu
October 20th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hey girls

Well thats me 12st 4lbs.

Got weighed on saturday then kinda went crazy sunday & monday oopsie!!!

L xxx
Hi Dolly Rocker. Good to hear from you. Good job on your weight loss!! Keep up the good work.
Andi

ms1badtk
October 22nd, 2010, 12:18 PM
Good morning, well i am really happy i ended up losing 1.6 lbs this week putting me @ 178.2lbs. Also lastnight we booked out cruise on the Carnival Conquest leaving on May 8. this is my 2nd cruise and my hubby's first and he wanted a balcony so i am really excited. all of this weight loss is so i can look and feel good before we cruise.

well i hope everyone has a great day i will check back later we are really busy today and i am leaving early.

Tina

TnMDougherty
October 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi all - I've been gone for a while. This past week has been probably the worst I've had since my husband died. Really did not want to think about anything; just crawl in a hole till spring. But things have started to get a little better. Thankfully my DD has kept me pretty much on track, even kicking me out the door this morning to go to they gym. She's also been finding some really good reduced calorie recipes and making some awesome dinners. Last night we had homemade chicken fried rice. Tonight it's something with spinach & mushrooms; that's all I'm allowed to know.

ms1badtk
October 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hi all - I've been gone for a while. This past week has been probably the worst I've had since my husband died. Really did not want to think about anything; just crawl in a hole till spring. But things have started to get a little better. Thankfully my DD has kept me pretty much on track, even kicking me out the door this morning to go to they gym. She's also been finding some really good reduced calorie recipes and making some awesome dinners. Last night we had homemade chicken fried rice. Tonight it's something with spinach & mushrooms; that's all I'm allowed to know.

I am sorry for your pain, i am so happy that your daughter is around to make sure you dont crawl into that hole. let me know how your dinner turns out, i figure anything with mushrooms has to be good i have realized that i LOVE them now. I hope you have a blessed day

Tina

Dolly Rocker
October 24th, 2010, 06:29 AM

Must be ushc a hard thing to deal with & no wonder you feel that way.

Good luck this week & good on DD for keeping you on track

I lost another 2lbs so thats me now 12st 2lbs soon be under 12st!!!! I HOPE!!!

L x x x

TnMDougherty
October 24th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Well DD's dinner got postponed so that we could go out to watch my brother's band play. The place they were at has some of the best ribs in town and I was sooooo hungry when we got there, I was afraid I might cave. But I didn't; I ate steamed shrimp and drank unsweetened Iced tea. I'm fairly proud of myself for that, but it really really helps when you are with a group of people in the same boat. My other DS and DIL were with me, and they're all dieting too. I just realized the irony of my last statement - DS & DIL are cruising with us, so we literally will be in the same boat! :p

Msel4u
October 24th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I would love to join your group. I'm sailing on Splendor 4/24/11 for my 50th birthday. My starting weight is 211 lbs and I hope to lose at least 30 lbs. As long as I'm in the 100's that is all I really care about and of course to be healther and maybe off of some blood pressure meds. :p

prissypot
October 25th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I started may 27th 2010 and ive lost 57 pds. I leave for my cruise in 13 days i started at 190 and am now at 133 i plan to have fun gains some back on the cruise though

andiloveu
October 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Well DD's dinner got postponed so that we could go out to watch my brother's band play. The place they were at has some of the best ribs in town and I was sooooo hungry when we got there, I was afraid I might cave. But I didn't; I ate steamed shrimp and drank unsweetened Iced tea. I'm fairly proud of myself for that, but it really really helps when you are with a group of people in the same boat. My other DS and DIL were with me, and they're all dieting too. I just realized the irony of my last statement - DS & DIL are cruising with us, so we literally will be in the same boat! :p
Great willpower!! Keep up the good work!!!

Dolly Rocker
October 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I started may 27th 2010 and ive lost 57 pds. I leave for my cruise in 13 days i started at 190 and am now at 133 i plan to have fun gains some back on the cruise though

WOW that is amazing!!!!!

L x x x

andiloveu
October 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
So what did you do to lose the 57 pds? Are you on a program? Weight Watchers?

andiloveu
October 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I would love to join your group. I'm sailing on Splendor 4/24/11 for my 50th birthday. My starting weight is 211 lbs and I hope to lose at least 30 lbs. As long as I'm in the 100's that is all I really care about and of course to be healther and maybe off of some blood pressure meds. :p
Welcome! Great people on here. We will cheer you on. Let's lose together!

andiloveu
October 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
This weekend I went away with my sister and a friend to Pittsburgh, Pa. We went to the So You Think You Can Dance tour. It was wonderful. Amazing how those kids can dance. Now I want to take dance lessons like I did when I was young. I was really good about eating. And I only had three drinks the whole weekend. Which is pretty good considering it was a girls weekend away. My sister and friend had alot more than me. Today is Monday and back to my workouts. I am bound and determined to lose at least 20pds before I cruise. Wish me luck!

Andi:D

andiloveu
October 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Just did the treadmill. Burned 340 calories. My goal is to burn 500 calories every day so I can lose these lbs. I am really working on it. My sister is a personal trainer and gave me a tip this weekend. She said I should eat corn tortillas instead of bread with my eggs in the morning. And keep almonds as a snack in the car. I'm trying it. And more little meals instead of three big ones.

prissypot
October 25th, 2010, 11:43 PM
going to the gym mon- fri from 430- 640 am 1 hr and a half of cardio and some weights and sit ups no program just eating low carb and low fat intake. LOVE zip fizz drinks it helps me get out of bed at 330 am but the first 3 weeks was brutal. Good luck to all of you I know its lots of work but so worth it!

Two-Step
October 26th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Good afternoon all,
I had a great week, i lost 2.6 lbs this week so i am 179.8 just into the 170's i am so happy and excited i have not been in the 170's for the last 6 years we so i am hoping that i can keep going down and dont slip back up into the 180s. I have started noticing the changes in my body i think my butt is going away and my tummy is getting flatter but my thigh they arent going anywhere which means i have to start doing squats. If anyone else has suggestions on exercises to help with my thighs let me know.

Well have a great weekend everyone i will try and check in tomorrow and try and keep your focus and stay calm do not let the stress get to you. Remember the BIG picture.

Tina

Conrgrats on your loss!!! I have found The Biggest Loser Boot Camp is not only a great full body workout but is wonderful for the thighs!! I do that one and alternate with TBL Cardio so I don't get bored. I am not seeing a big difference on the scale but can feel it in my pants getting lose and I keep reminding myself muscle weighs more than fat so that's why not a huge difference for my hard work :)

andiloveu
October 28th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Walked 45min. on the treadmill yesterday. My speed is 3.5. I'm wondering if that's fast enough. It's more like speed walking and alittle jogging. I can go up to 4 but not for long. My legs are killing me today. If I don't see any pds coming off soon I'm going to the doctors. I'm trying to hold off from buying any dresses for the cruise. But I only have 30 days left.

I am determined. I will beat this battle of the bulge. Good luck everyone!!

Andi

cabrioclo
October 28th, 2010, 12:15 PM
holy wow thats fast!
i think a big factor is the incline. i can only do about 1.8 mph but i have mine set to a 10% incline. if it wasnt on an incline i might be able to do 2.5mph. maybe its because i'm short and my stride isnt big?! i tried the Biggest Loser 30 second sprints at 5mph (they do them at like 8 & 10mph) but damn they are tough! i'm down a few more pounds this week to 213, i'm starting to look like a normal person. congrats on all you losers, i love reading this board.

andiloveu
October 28th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Ok I am trying not to stress eat right now. Filled my water bottle and am drinking water to fill my stomach. So let me tell you why I'm stressed. This year has been a nightmare for me. I've already discussed my emergency surgery. But what I have not disclosed is that in April of this year my husband started having a relationship with his old girlfriend. Phone calls and meeting each other. He came clean about everything and broke it off with her. Now I come to why I'm stressed. This crazy B**** just sent me a letter. She asked me to forgive her and wanted to know if we could be friends. Like is she serious? My husband says he does not have anything to do with her and he is completely commited to our family. He also said she is alittle crazy. No kidding. My husband and I have been married for 18 years this December. We have never had issues like this until now when she friended him on facebook. We are working on our relationship and it is getting very strong especially going thru all we have this year. However, I might end up in jail because I'm about to bring the smack down on this crazy woman. jk. I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm just trying to keep cool and not stress eat with all of this. Any thoughts on what I should do about this situation?

Andi

ms1badtk
October 29th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Well it wasnt a great week but it wasnt bad. i am now 177.8 so i lost 0.4 lbs. An today wasnt a great day either i had two slices of veggie thin crust pizza from pizza hut but for dinner i had a soup and salad. I had to take today off from exercise well atleast the treadmill my feet and legs were killing me but will start up again tomorrow. Well i hope yall have a happy Halloween and a great weekend.

Tina

ms1badtk
October 29th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Andi, i personally say KICK HER A$$ lol i dont understand why women like this feel the need to try and ruin a perfectly happy and healthy marriage. Granted the men also give into the temptation when they shouldnt. But i say tell her you forgive her but go to hell and you dont want to be friends. Cause being friends i think will just allow that temptation to be there when it doesnt need to be. Granted i wouldnt forget her address and phone #'s either just incase you need to hunt her butt down. I dont mean to make light of the situtation cause it really isnt. My hubby has an ex that seems to come into our life and try cause trouble every now and then and i just tell her off and he tells her to get a life an she disappears for awhile and then comes back again. I dont understand why these crazy skanks cant just let go and stop trying to break up happy homes. Try and stay focused and think about how good things are with you and hubby and how healthy you are getting and screw her i would try and keep her out of yalls life.

Tina

andiloveu
October 31st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Andi, i personally say KICK HER A$$ lol i dont understand why women like this feel the need to try and ruin a perfectly happy and healthy marriage. Granted the men also give into the temptation when they shouldnt. But i say tell her you forgive her but go to hell and you dont want to be friends. Cause being friends i think will just allow that temptation to be there when it doesnt need to be. Granted i wouldnt forget her address and phone #'s either just incase you need to hunt her butt down. I dont mean to make light of the situtation cause it really isnt. My hubby has an ex that seems to come into our life and try cause trouble every now and then and i just tell her off and he tells her to get a life an she disappears for awhile and then comes back again. I dont understand why these crazy skanks cant just let go and stop trying to break up happy homes. Try and stay focused and think about how good things are with you and hubby and how healthy you are getting and screw her i would try and keep her out of yalls life.

Tina
Thanks for the advice. I so want to kick this womans butt. But I am a lady and a christian. Thank goodness for her sake. But what I'm going to do is call her husband and tell him what she's been up to. I just got his cell phone number from a mutual friend. I hope he gets control of his crazy wife. If not my sisters and friends said they would go get her. Have to love family and friends that have your back. While all this is going on I am determined to keep on my diet. Hope you all have a great week ahead.

andiloveu
November 2nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
I've been slacking with my workouts. Sunday I went on a walk but I have been eating really bad. Today I start back on the right track and start my walking-jogging on the treadmill. I have decided to be happy even if I don't lose before our cruise. I will just have to book another cruise to look forward to and lose for that one. Good luck everyone this week.

Andi

andiloveu
November 5th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I don't get it. I have been eating real bad and not working out and I lost a pound. Go figure. I know that won't keep up. But would'nt it be nice if you could eat whatever you wanted and not workout? Oh to dream. Another week down and closer to my cruise. Can't wait.
Andi

cabrioclo
November 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
congrats on the pound loss !! down also to 209 and hey..i'm one week closer to my cruise, too!

been thinking about you wanting to tell the other women's hubby...i'm kinda hoping you didn't :rolleyes:.

andiloveu
November 8th, 2010, 11:46 PM
congrats on the pound loss !! down also to 209 and hey..i'm one week closer to my cruise, too!

been thinking about you wanting to tell the other women's hubby...i'm kinda hoping you didn't :rolleyes:.
Congrats on your loss! I wish I was down to 209. Soon enough I will be and more I hope. One week till your cruise, Yea!!! We leave on Nov. 27th. Can't wait.

Oh I did call the crazy's husband. He knew she wrote me and said she would be leaving me alone from now on. Thank goodness. I didn't want my sisters or friends to beat her up. heehee.

andiloveu
November 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
So I found a new way to lose weight. Stomach flu. This is the worst flu I've had in like 6 years. I don't wish this on my worst enemy. Hope everyone is healthy.

Andi

Dolly Rocker
November 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yayyyyyyyyy!!! I'm now 167lbs or 11st 13lbs!

So glad to be under 12st mark finally!!!!

Hopefully will stay there although had a Thai last night which was glorious but also very high in calories LOL

Och well I'll have to be extra good the rest of the week

L x

ms1badtk
November 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hello all, Sorry i havent been around it has been crazy busy here at work. Last Fridays weighin was bad i gained weight i went from 177.8 to 178.2 so i gained .4lbs todays weigh was much better but i dont really understand it i have lost weight i am down to 177.6 i have 32.6 lbs more to go. This week i havent done anything no exercise eating pretty much what i want but not really too bad just not counting calories. Everything changes today so wish me luck.

Andi, i hope you feel better and good job on tell her hubby and hope he can keep his woman in check. Also good job on the 1 lb lost i am with you i wish we could lose weight doing whatever we want but it really isnt that easy is it. haha

Tina

ms1badtk
November 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Hopefully will stay there although had a Thai last night which was glorious but also very high in calories LOL

L x

That is great, i am so happy for you i cant wait to have that feeling. keep up the good work.

Tina

andiloveu
November 12th, 2010, 04:53 PM

L x
Congrats!!! Way to go girl!!! Hope I can join you at those numbers in a few months.

Andi

andiloveu
November 12th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hello all, Sorry i havent been around it has been crazy busy here at work. Last Fridays weighin was bad i gained weight i went from 177.8 to 178.2 so i gained .4lbs todays weigh was much better but i dont really understand it i have lost weight i am down to 177.6 i have 32.6 lbs more to go. This week i havent done anything no exercise eating pretty much what i want but not really too bad just not counting calories. Everything changes today so wish me luck.

Andi, i hope you feel better and good job on tell her hubby and hope he can keep his woman in check. Also good job on the 1 lb lost i am with you i wish we could lose weight doing whatever we want but it really isnt that easy

Tina
Wish you luck this weekend with your weight loss. Don't get to down on yourself. Each day is a new day to start fresh. You can do it!

Boy do I feel woozy. Still getting over this stupid flu. Just a few more days and I will feel better. Cruise in two weeks.

Good luck everyone.
Andi

ms1badtk
November 12th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Wish you luck this weekend with your weight loss. Don't get to down on yourself. Each day is a new day to start fresh. You can do it!

Boy do I feel woozy. Still getting over this stupid flu. Just a few more days and I will feel better. Cruise in two weeks.

Good luck everyone.
Andi

Thanks Andi, you are so lucky your cruise is just around the corner an atleast you got your sickness out of the way and hopefully you will have a great cruise full of fun and relaxation. I still have a little while to go but that gives me more time ot hit my goal weight.

tina

cabrioclo
November 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
thanks for giving me your stomach flu Andi :p now i'm down to 204.

have a great cruise! (mine is not until march, i wasn't very clear on one of my recent posts!)

AlRose
November 15th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Okay, I'm turning 40 in March 2011 and cruising June 2011 to celebrate!!! I need to start losing NOW!!!

I'm In!!

Current weight (and I'm only admitting since I'll never see any of you, :confused:) is 271.5 lbs.

Goal weight 200lbs!! (I'm 5'11" and haven't seen that weight since high school).

Here we go!

andiloveu
November 15th, 2010, 11:39 PM
thanks for giving me your stomach flu Andi :p now i'm down to 204.

have a great cruise! (mine is not until march, i wasn't very clear on one of my recent posts!)
Oh No! You got it? It is the worst this year. So sorry your feeling bad. Only plus is you can lose a few pounds after having it. Heehee. I hope you feel better real soon.

andiloveu
November 15th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Okay, I'm turning 40 in March 2011 and cruising June 2011 to celebrate!!! I need to start losing NOW!!!

I'm In!!

Current weight (and I'm only admitting since I'll never see any of you, :confused:) is 271.5 lbs.

Goal weight 200lbs!! (I'm 5'11" and haven't seen that weight since high school).

Here we go!
Welcome AlRose. I'm turning 40 on January 1st. Yuck! I'm not looking forward to that.

Good luck with your weight loss goal. You can do it!!

cabrioclo
November 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Welcome AlRose. I'm turning 40 on January 1st. Yuck! I'm not looking forward to that.

Good luck with your weight loss goal. You can do it!!

awww i'm 39, too..and next sept i'll be 39 AGAIN ! :D

cabrioclo
November 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Oh No! You got it? It is the worst this year. So sorry your feeling bad. Only plus is you can lose a few pounds after having it. Heehee. I hope you feel better real soon.

ugh i had it...bleh. luckily it was only about 48 hours of misery and luckily i dont have much of an appetite yet!

oooooo soooo jealous that ur cruise is right around the corner!

hobbsie20
November 16th, 2010, 01:49 PM
30 pounds in weeks is surely possible! My wife and I booked our cruise in May of 2010 and set a goal to loose weight for our cruise in October!!! I made a youtube video of the change made :) The picture at the end is my wife and I on our cruise at a comedian show on the Carnival Liberty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKV3X0pTdQ

andiloveu
November 18th, 2010, 08:30 PM
ugh i had it...bleh. luckily it was only about 48 hours of misery and luckily i dont have much of an appetite yet!

oooooo soooo jealous that ur cruise is right around the corner!
Hope you feel better now. This flu this year is out of control.

Can't wait till I board. Only a few more days.

Good luck with your weight loss!!

Andi

emmtee
December 3rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Long time, no post. ;) In my last weigh-in post in early October, I mentioned that I had been sick with a fever, fatigue, and loss of appetite. I also was having pain in my lower abdomen. I was sick like that for 11 days before I finally went to the ER. By then, I had started vomiting, and I was in septic shock when I arrived at the hospital. It turns out that I had diverticulitis with a perforated colon. I had emergency surgery and stayed in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. They gave me a temporary colostomy, which can be reversed in 3 - 6 months.

I had no appetite in the hospital, but the doctors told me I really needed to eat more calories in order for my body to heal. On the other hand, they told my mother that it would be helpful if I lost weight before the reversal surgery. I lost about 15 lbs before I went to the hospital, 10 lbs in the hospital, and about 5 lbs since being released.

I still have a lot of healing to do, but I'm going to ask the Dr. if it's okay for me to start trying to lose weight again. The doctors want me to walk to build up my strength, and I've worked up to 1 1/2 miles, a few times a week. I'm hoping to have the reversal surgery in early February. January might have been okay, but I want my mom there - and she and Dad will be going on 2 back-to-back cruises in January. :rolleyes:

andiloveu
December 9th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Long time, no post. ;) In my last weigh-in post in early October, I mentioned that I had been sick with a fever, fatigue, and loss of appetite. I also was having pain in my lower abdomen. I was sick like that for 11 days before I finally went to the ER. By then, I had started vomiting, and I was in septic shock when I arrived at the hospital. It turns out that I had diverticulitis with a perforated colon. I had emergency surgery and stayed in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks. They gave me a temporary colostomy, which can be reversed in 3 - 6 months.

I had no appetite in the hospital, but the doctors told me I really needed to eat more calories in order for my body to heal. On the other hand, they told my mother that it would be helpful if I lost weight before the reversal surgery. I lost about 15 lbs before I went to the hospital, 10 lbs in the hospital, and about 5 lbs since being released.

I still have a lot of healing to do, but I'm going to ask the Dr. if it's okay for me to start trying to lose weight again. The doctors want me to walk to build up my strength, and I've worked up to 1 1/2 miles, a few times a week. I'm hoping to have the reversal surgery in early February. January might have been okay, but I want my mom there - and she and Dad will be going on 2 back-to-back cruises in January. :rolleyes:
I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. But I'm glad you went to the hospital in time. Your health is very important. It will take time to recover so take it easy. I completely understand. I had emergency surgery a few months back. I'm still recovering. Don't worry about weight loss now just get better.

Andi

Dolly Rocker
December 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Well ladies I'm currently 11st 12lbs just now hoping not to gain any weight over the festive period!!

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas & New Year I will check in again on Sunday cos I will be getting weighed again

L x

emmtee
January 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
Happy New Year, ladies! The doctor said it's fine to start losing weight. Easier said than done during the holidays, though. :rolleyes:

cabrioclo
January 7th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Happy New Year, ladies! The doctor said it's fine to start losing weight. Easier said than done during the holidays, though. :rolleyes:

good luck getting back on the wagon emmtee.

hi everyone, i feel it helps motivate me when i see my starting weight so if anyone else is in, here are my stats if you'd like to share the same...starting, current, goal... 252/190.5/147

the starting one...well i couldnt actually get on the scale, but i called my doctors office to see what it was the last time i was there over the summer. and the goal...well thats a # i remember fitting into a certain pair of jeans.

57 days til i cruise

Dolly Rocker
January 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yayyyy lost weight over Christmas & New Year!!!

Sooooooooooo I am 11st 11lbs which is fab!!!!

I have gone from 12st 13lbs which means I'm just more than half way there 16lbs gone 14 to go for my 30!

L x x x

emmtee
January 10th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I learned a new medical term yesterday: telogen effluvium. Apparently it's really common to lose a lot of hair 2-3 months after major surgery. You wouldn't believe how much hair I'm seeing in the shower drain. I have to wear a ponytail at work to keep it from scattering all over the office. My hair is really long (almost to my waist) so it's really obvious when it falls out.

What's worse is that I'm hoping to have my second surgery in about a month. If more hair falls out after my next surgery, I'll be lucky to have any left at all. :eek: I think I'm going to have to break down and get my hair cut short - it will make the thinning less noticeable. It's a good thing I've lost about 30 lbs. My face used to be a lot rounder, so a short cut would have looked terrible. I may be able to pull it off now.

On the up side, I'm back to working part time now. All my old pre-surgery skirts are falling off me. I've got some smaller sizes packed away somewhere - just need to find them. I only work afternoons, so I'm going to try walking every morning. The stronger/thinner I get, the better the next surgery/recovery will be.

emmtee
January 22nd, 2011, 01:22 AM
Well, I've walked at least 30 minutes for 10 of the last 11 days. I took the day off when I had my colonoscopy on Wednesday. The procedure went well, and I'm hoping that the doctor will give me the okay for my reversal surgery next month.

cabrioclo
February 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
bumping this thread ;) it's helpful to look at my past weights that i've posted, i find it holds me accountable. good luck everyone: 252/183/147...

19 days til my cruise...

TnMDougherty
February 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM
wow - those numbers are incredible!! I know of no better way to celebrate that kind of success than to go on a cruise! I sail in 6 months and after a slow start with some bumps in the road, I am down about 25 with another 40 to go. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

emmtee
March 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Congratulations, cabrioclo! I hope you're having a wonderful time on your cruise.

It looks like I haven't posted since January. Since then...
I haven't had my surgery yet. The doctor I met with after my colonoscopy (which was clean - no polyps, no more diverticula) said that he could do the surgery after 3 months, but it is best to wait for 6 months because the scar tissue thins out with time, so the odds are better that everything will heal up with no leaks. He also told me to take my vitamins and not try to lose weight right now. I need to be as healthy as possible for the surgery, which is scheduled for April 6th.

I hope it's not a problem that I have been losing weight. :confused: My temporary part-time job ended, so I'm back to not working. My day doesn't have any structure, so I just eat when I'm hungry, and I only have healthy food in the house right now. With one month to surgery, I stepped things up this week. I'm taking my vitamins every day (which I tend to forget when I'm not working.) I've also been walking 30 or 40 minutes every day. I bought some metamucil so I can get my colon functioning better.

I've lost 38lbs. since early September. I've lost it from everywhere except my lower abdomen. It's strange - I look pregnant when I'm standing up, but when I lie down, my stomach flattens out to the same level as my rib cage. I'm afraid my incision healed up before my wound was finished draining. I wouldn't be surprised If I'm carrying around 5-10 lbs. of fluid. I'm seeing my primary care doctor on Monday, and I'll ask her if she thinks it's a problem.

One more thing since my last post... I DID get my hair cut. :eek:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dd33b3127ccefccd4e3904c800000030O01AbM27hi0csw e3nw4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/