PDA

View Full Version : ROLL CALL - Mediterranea - 4/3/05

Ms.Bee
February 6th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Hello Fellow Cruisers, Ms. Bee here........
Thought it was time to post a thread to see who will be joining us on our lovely cruise on the Mediterranea on April 3rd. So, if you care to, please join in.
This is our 1st Cruise on Costa and we are sure to have "The time of our lives".
Buon Giorno, Ms. Bee:) :)

Daizygirl
February 6th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Hi Ms. Bee. My husband and I (28 and 37) are contemplating this cruise. We live in Charleston, SC and have been on 8 cruises but never with Costa. We love art and European flair so we think we would enjoy Costa. With all the reviews I've read it seems cruisers either Love or Hate Costa...nothing in between.
Once we've decided I will be sure to let you know.

Crystal

desiree78usa
February 7th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Hello Ms.Bee,

My name is Desiree and my future husband's name is Matthew! We are currently booked for the April 3rd cruise! It will be the first cruise for the both of us. It is actually going to be our honeymoon! We are looking forward to a true Italian experience! My fiance lived in Italy for several years and has prepared me that real Italian and Italian American are two different things.With me being Italian and never having been to Italy this my way of experiencing both worlds! We have a few excursions booked already and are very excited! I live in Greenville, South Carolina and I'm already looking forward to leaving here and can't wait to see all that Costa has to offer!

Ms.Bee
February 7th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Hello to Crystal and Desiree from Ms. Bee.......

Crystal, hope you will be joining us on our cruise. We have never cruised Costa, but we also enjoy art and meeting Europeans whenever possible. We selected the cruise because we thought the value was good and the Ports of Call were ones we thought we would enjoy. So, if you do book the cruise, we will be looking forward to hearing from you again!

Welcome to Desiree and her Fiance.........Congratulations!!! How wonderful that we will have honeymooners on our cruise! You have our best wishes for a beautiful wedding day.

My husband has been to Italy a number of times, on business. He loves to go to Italy........I long to go with him some day. I have had the chance to meet some of his Italian friends, they are very kind and warm people. I'm sure that you agree seeing you are about to marry one!

We have been on 4 cruises (my hubby and I - The BEES), all of them on the Norweigian Cruise Line, 3 on the S.S. Norway and 1 on the Star in Hawaii. We had a wonderful time on all of them. How could you not enjoy yourself out on the high seas? This will certainly be a change for us on the Costa Line. It sounds like she is a beautiful ship. We will have a good time I'm sure!!

We are from Erie, Pennsylvania. The winters here are long and cold! We are sooooo ready for the warmth of Florida and the Caribbean!!! We have 3 other people traveling with us, my sister and her hubby, from Erie also, and a good friend from West Virginia. You said you were from Greenville, S.C. Well, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in your city. They moved there from Erie a couple of years ago.

So, lets see if anyone else is out there who will be on our lovely cruise.....
For now........Ciao, from the Bees (Darrel and Denise)

MsNikki
February 17th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone. My boyfriend (31) and I (26) will be on this cruise also. Just booked today. Couldn't pass up the great rates. This is my first cruise and his 4th or 5th but he's never been on a Costa cruise before. I'm hoping we'll love it as this is our first vacation together. We live in Atlanta so the winters aren't too bad but regardless I am ready to go!!!:D

Ms.Bee
February 17th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Welcome Ms Nikki to our thread.......Ms Bee here

Funniest thing, Desiree had asked where we were and I was just about to bump-up the Roll Call when you posted!! So glad you will be joining us on our lovely cruise. I have read some great reviews about the Mediterranea. If you have never been on a cruise get ready for the time of your life!!

I think I have counted about 43 days till we see our Mediterranea.....time will fly quickly now.......

anyone else out there care to join in our thread??
Soon to be cruisin the high seas, Ciao, Ms. Bee:)

desiree78usa
February 18th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone!

I was beginning to think there was only three of us on the ship, glad to see you with us msnikki. I am also 26 and was hoping there would be some more people closer to my age onboard. I'm getting very excited abouth the trip. It will be a great stress reliever after all this planning for the wedding. Come on April !!!!

You can keep Atlanta, I love the city but hate driving in it. Greenville is close enough if I feel the urge to get to some real nightlife. Well I hope to meet all of you on the ship soon enough. Bye.

kimtursiella
February 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
:) Hi Ms Bee - looking forward to a great time my husband, me and my brother and sister in law are booked for 4/3. Can't wait!!! This is our first time with Costa just came off the Navigator in October. Sailed with Celebrity several times also I sailed on Carnival once:p (I was single it was great, but wouldn't sail on Carnival with the hubby). Keep fingers crossed for smooth sea's and lots of sunshine!!! See you on board.:D

wannacruz
February 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Hi Guys!

My husband and I will be on this sailing also!! We are so excited - 1st timers on Costa. It would be great to meet everyone on board. I am 44 and my husband is 51. Going on our 19th cruise and only 4th without our 20 and 21 year olds

wannacruz

Ms.Bee
February 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hi again fellow cruisers from Ms. Bee.......

Wow!!!! Two new additions to our Mediterranea 4/3 thread!!! At this point, I have counted 15 cruisers associated with this thread. Sound right?? The group is growing and is sure to be alot larger by cruise time!!

Welcome Kimtursiella and Wannacruz to our lively discussions!! Glad to "HAVE YOU ON BOARD" with us now and on April 3rd!! It is snowing again now on the shores of Lake Erie and it has been bitter cold the last couple days. The shores of Ft. Lauderdale will be a welcome change for us!

Kimtursiella, similar to you, I am also traveling with my hubby, my sister and brother in law. We also have with us a good friend from West Virginia. This too is our first on Costa. What Cruise Line is the Navigator with and where did you sail? Don't worry, we will keep our fingers crossed for smooth sea's and lots of sunshine.........welcome Kimtursiella

Wannacruz, Wow....you have 19 cruises under your belt!! We only have 5 and have had a wonderful time on each one. Would not trade these lovely sea days for anything....... We have two sons, 23 and 26, they will not be with us. Sounds like most of us are first timers on Costa and yes, it would be great to meet everyone on board! As time goes by maybe we can make plans to meet everyone for a drink and put a face with all of our posters. We did this on our Hawaiian cruise and it proved to be alot of fun just to meet everyone, we had alot of laughs.......after all, we will have two newlyweds to toast to on board!!!...........welcome Wannacruz

I have it at 41 days now until we can say Buon Giorno on the shores of Ft. Lauderdale.........as for now, Ciao, Ms.Bee:)

wannacruz
February 20th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hi Ms. Bee!

Your kids are about the same age as mine. We are really excited about the cruise!! I read that you are getting a snow storm tonight. We are expecting 5-9 inches in Connecticut. We can't wait to escape this nasty weather! I hope we can get a few people together to meet for a drink. It would be nice to see the face behind the name!! Not much longer............

wannacruz

Hei1980
February 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM
We will be on the April 3 cruise with you. We are staying April 2, at the Sheraton Airport Hotel, will anyone else be there?
Living in Lake Placid we always fly the day before a cruise for fear of being snowbound, yes, even in April.
The joys of cruising, a little rum, a little sun, a little fun! This coming cruise will be our sixth on Costa, we love the Costa cruise line and know all first time cruisers on the Mediterranea will end up loving cruising Italian Style.
Ed and Rae

Ms.Bee
February 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Hi All........Ms. Bee here again.....

I was just checking the boards again and saw that we had two more join our thread!! I think that makes 17 now.

Welcome to Ed and Rae (Hei1980), as you can see you won't be lonely! So glad to have you join in and it's great to have previous Costa cruisers with us now. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoy Costa, I have thought all along that we were in for a great experience on the Italian Cruise Line. We will also be in Ft. Lauderdale on April 2nd, but not staying at the Sheraton. Like you say, even in April you can't trust the weather in our regions. It's better to fly a day ahead and that way you are much more rested for the big day! Welcome again......

Wannacruiz, hi again....
Yes, we are getting quite a lot of snow tonight, but like you, we are used to alot of snow..........can't wait for the warmth to come! I'm sure we can get the group together for a drink. We can wait till the time gets closer and then make the plan. That way we will know who all is on BOARD!! Yes........this will fun! Hang in there.....even though the snow is cold, it sure looks pretty tonight and won't be long now till we see our ship. Ciao now, Ms. Bee:)

kimtursiella
February 21st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Hi Ms Bee -

Thanks for the welcome. The Navigator of the Sea's is with Royal Caribbean. It's the big ship with the rock climbing wall and ice skating rink. Great Ship and great time. We should all meet for a quick drink on board. Lets keep in touch.:)

kimtursiella
February 21st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Hi wannacruz - My husband and I are in the same age range as you. We have 3 kids which have never cruised with us! They think all kids on cruises are the workers:D . We will probably take all three next year when our oldest graduates from college. This should be a great time see you on board!

desiree78usa
February 21st, 2005, 06:26 PM
since this will be my first cruise, can anyone tell me when to expect my travel documents ?:cool:

Ms.Bee
February 21st, 2005, 07:59 PM
Hello desiree.........

Guess what????? We had a nice surprise today. Our documents came in!!!! My sister and I did go pick them up but we have not had a chance to look them over yet. We were surprised that they came so early. It could of been that we did our own airfare and did not go with the cruise line??? Wonder if any other of our group got theirs yet?

I bet you are sooooo busy with your wedding plans! It will be such a lovely honeymoon to be cruisin the Caribbean. You must be so excited!

Well, 40 days and counting till Bon Voyage!!! Buona Notte, Ms. Bee:)

wannacruz
February 22nd, 2005, 07:39 AM
Hi Kimtursiella,

We are going to have a great time! My husband and I are Italian and are looking forward to the "Italian Flair" of this cruiseline and the warmth of the Caribbean sun! We are expecting more snow this week in Connecticut. The next 40 days better go by quick before I'm buried in all this white stuff!!

wannacruz

desiree78usa
February 22nd, 2005, 01:36 PM
I am soooo ready to get on that ship...almost as ready to get married :)

We are both really looking to foward to the toga party. Matthew was such a party animal when he was unattached...maybe I'll let him cut loose a little onboard. see you real soon!!

chasholly
February 22nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Also from Charleston, SC.. my DH (33) and I (30) will be celebrating our 10th anniversary :)

desiree78usa
February 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
congrats on your 10 year holly. i'll have a whole day under my belt when we board on the 3rd. you can give me some pointers over drinks.

chasholly
February 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Ha! Desiree! I can give you that advice now...don't have kids til your at least 30 ;) We have 3 - 6, 7, & 8. They'll be staying with Grammy!

Anyone know of a hotel where you can leave your car for the week...such as the Raddison near Port Canaveral?

We'll be staying somewhere on April 2nd...driving down 9 hours!

Ms.Bee
February 23rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
Hello and welcome chasholly to our ever-growing group........

Congratulations on your 10th year anniversary. Sounds like you have your hands full with your 3 kids! I think our ship will be a provide a wonderful get-away for you and your hubby!!

Well cruisers, our numbers have grown to 19 now in our thread...that's great!
Time flying now.......38 days away!!!! Ciao, Ms. Bee

desiree78usa
February 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
We are doing a dance in Greenville today !!! Documents came in yesterday !!!

Oh God ! That means only 35 days till my wedding...so much to do...HELP !!!

ElvisLover1
February 26th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Hello Ms. Bee-

My husband and I along with our 2 sons (4 & 9) will be joining you on this cruise! We are very excited, although as with others we were concerned with some of the reviews we saw. It seems however that most of the negatives are from 2003 and early 2004. Everything I've read recently is fabulous. This will be our 4th cruise and our first with Costa. As you I am counting the days, simply cannot wait til April 3rd.

Ms.Bee
February 26th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Hello Elvislover1.........welcome, welcome to the 4/3 gang!

Glad to hear you will be cruising with us. As you can see, we have many different states represented here and our group is made up of all ages. We have two sons too, all grown up though. I see you are from sunny Florida, how nice!! We have temps. here in PA today of 25 degrees with a 14 degree wind chill. We are tired of it!! It won't be long though till it starts to warm up a bit and having our cruise to look forward to really makes it easier to take. I am not worried at all about our ship. It sounds lovely from what I have read and the days of "a little sun, a little rum & a little fun" (quote from Rae in our thread) are calling to me!!! So, welcome again to the thread!

Desiree, glad to hear you got your honeymoon docs! I can't even begin to imagine how busy you must be. Keep dancing in Greenville......

The 4/3 cruisin Meds. have grown to 23 now!! And I do believe I count 35 days till Ms. BEE and her Honey (too corny?) will be on the Sea! Sorry, I couldn't resist..................Ciao for now, Ms. Bee;)

kimtursiella
February 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
:D Desiree -

How psyched are you?! 35 days till you march down the aisle!!! Here's wishing you guys a fab day. Ken and I celebrated our 10 th last Aug. 20 it seems like yesterday. Being married is wonderful especially when it's with your best friend! All the best to you both. See you on the ship for a Congrats toast!!!!!

ps - we haven't received our docs yet, hopefully soon...

Kim

ElvisLover1
March 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Hello All -

Ms. Bee - It is certainly nice living in Florida now but not so much last year when we got hit by 2 hurricanes!! Came through both of them fine but sure changes your outlook a bit! We are marking off the days on our calendar and can't wait for April 3 to get here! I've just read a couple of reviews from some folks that just finished a cruise on our ship and it is amazing how two people can feel so differently. We are opened minded and feel certain it's going to be great! The time cannot pass quickly enough! Looking forward to meeting all who have joined our little group!;)

ElvisLover1
March 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
Hello to all in the group!

Question for anyone... about how long has it taken for you to receive your docuements once you made your reservation? We made ours just about 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten them yet. Just curious! Thanks!

cedez
March 4th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Hi my name is also Desiree, and I'll be cruising with my husband Cedric, my 17 yr old son, my mother and father in-law, and my brother in-law and his family. This is our 2nd spring break cruise on the Mediterannea and we obviously love it!!
Ciao!

Ms.Bee
March 5th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Hello and welcome Cedez (Desiree) to our 2 PAGE Cruisin Meds. gang!

So nice to hear that you have been on our ship before and that you like it so much!! I guess if we have questions about the Mediterranea, you would be a good one to advise us. Welcome to your hubby Cedric too, and your son, mother and father in-law, and brother in-law family. You have a good size group sailing there, I am guessing about 8 people? Desiree, may I ask the first question? What time did you board the ship last year and was it a Western Caribbean Cruise? Welcome again Desiree, as you have read, our other Deisree is quite busy right now preparing for her wedding day! We will have such a lovely occasion to toast to when we all meet on the BIG SHIP!

Elivslover1, you had asked about documents. We had booked our cruise in August and received our docs on 2/21. Hopefully yours will be in soon. We are all getting anxious now and I count about 28 days till we EMBARK!

Wannacruz, you had mentioned that you and your hubby are Italian. Well, we had a man who is from Italy over to our home on Thursday night for dinner. His name is Palo and he works with my husband in business. He is a very nice man and we love to hear him talk of Italy. By now, he is back home in Italy. My husband, Darrel (Dario), has been to Italy a number of times. I also remember Desiree (the bride) saying that her fiance, Matthew, used to live in Italy. The "Italian Flair" wil be lovely on the ship!

I think we have about 31 people in our thread now!!! The numbers may be off a bit, but that is one big group. Looking forward to meeting you all on the bellissima Mediterranea. Ciao..........Ms. Bee;), Denise;)

desiree78usa
March 7th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Hello Everyone,
27 days till the cruise! 26 days till i'm married! All the planning is finally done! Now i know why people elope, I think that if people let all this stress get to them no one would be married. Looking back at it all i'd say it was all worth the stress. Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing some drinks! :o

TheDesertCanuck
March 7th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Less than 4 weeks of dieting and exercise to go. ;)

Hello Ms Bee, I am Brian from the sunny west coast and this is my first cruise. I am travelling with my sister, her husband and their two teens. I am "so ready" for the fun and adventure. My toga is prepared and I have a new bottle of sunscreen :D eh

Is there any other Canadians or Europeans on this cruise?????

Remember to hug a Canadian for luck :cool:

cedez
March 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM
...but the itin was different. Last year we stopped at Key West (quick stop...don't try to schedule too much), then Progreso (loved it! the ruins were awesome), then Cozumel (can't wait to get back there..we never left the dock area and had a good time) and then Freeport (not thrilled..water was too cold and almost had a head on collision on the way back to the boat). We boarded last year around one, the line was long but we were all so excited that it really wasn't bad at all. It will be the first cruise for my brother in law and his kids so they will be the ones walking around with their jaws dropped ; D. We plan on getting there even earlier this time... the sooner the better!

Ms.Bee
March 7th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah!!! We have Canadians now!!! Welcome aboard DesertCanuk, always great to be with our neighbors up North, Eh??

We are probably about as close to Canuk as you will get, we are not that far from Canada (29 miles across Lake Erie or 1 hour and 40 min. ride). We have been to Canada many times. We so enjoy our visits! We have been to quite a few musicals in Toronto, they are always very good!
Brian, that's wonderful that your toga is prepared!! You are ahead of me in that department..........did you rent one or go buy one?? I have also been doing the dieting and excercise thing.......gotta look good in our togas!! It is so exciting that this is your first cruise.....we have others in our thread too. You guys are truely in for "the time of your lives", I guarantee it!! Welcome to your sister, hubby and their 2 teens. The teens will certainly keep things lively, Eh??;) Are you guys traveling the day ahead of embarking? We are because we can never trust the weather in this area. Well, welcome again and I guess with your party we now have about 36 Cruizin Meds!!!

Cedez, Desiree, thanks for the feedback on the boarding time and itinerary. We will try to get to the ship early too! It is like Christmas morning isn't it? We are always soooo excited to get to our ship. You are right Desiree, the sooner the better!

Desiree (our bride), has the count at 27 days now!! Glad to hear all your planning is done now Desiree.......just try to enjoy it all now and roll with the tide! Do you mind me asking if your wedding is a large one or small? I am happy for you, you will float all day and then the next day, on to the BIG SHIP!

Ok all, let us know what your toga ideas are now......"By the sea, by the sea, by the bellissima sea, Bee and Bee, oh how happy we'll be". Sorry for the corn again...........oh well, that's me, Ms Bee. Ciao for now.

TheDesertCanuck
March 7th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Hi again eh

Ms Bee: I actually bought the material and trim and had a seamstress sew my toga together. Still working on the "bling"' nothing too fancy though.

We plan on 2 small plane transfers to Seattle then the redeye to Miami a good 3 days ahead of the cruise. Which brings a question to you fellow thread watchers; any suggestions what to see (or don't see) in the Ft lauderdale/Miami area? (Anything except swamp/gator tours)

PS I should thank you Easterners for taking all the nasty weather this winter. We have just come off the nicest February and March is looking even better. In fact the temp was 17C (63F) this weekend in the shade. (even warmer on my south facing deck) I managed a good start to my tan. The tulips should be out next week and the apricot trees in full bloom before I leave. ;)

Thanks in advance
Brian

desiree78usa
March 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone ! Ms Bee, Matthew and I are driving to Jacksonville FL on Thursday before the cruise to pick up family at the airport there and spend a couple days with them since I am from NJ and Matt is from NY, so we don't see them much.
The wedding is small, we only invited about 50. We are getting married at the same spot Matt proposed to me, under a giant live oak tree over 250 years old, right smack in the middle of downtown Jacksonville. Some people might know this kind of tree as an Angel Oak. It is a magnificent sight to see. www.jaxfountain.com/Original/oak.htm (http://www.jaxfountain.com/Original/oak.htm) The pics on this link are not so good and don't do the tree justice. The city has built a deck and benches around the tree, plenty of room for everyone.

Ms.Bee
March 8th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Brian, you really got your toga together nicely. I have no idea what we will wear. I know they give you sheets, but...........should be interesting. Toga night will be lots of fun I bet. You are right about the nasty weather in the East. Today we had a wind chill of -1 degree, way too cold, eh???

Desiree, your wedding plans sound lovely! I took a look at the website for the Treaty Oak or Angel Oak Tree that you will be married under. What a majestic and beautiful tree it is. It will be a wonderful day for you both. Thanks for sharing your plans with us. Enjoy!!!!!

26 days now....................Bouna Notte to all, Ms Bee:)

ElvisLover1
March 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Hello All!!

Our documents came Monday!! It made it all seem so much more tangible. I cannot wait for April 3rd to get here. I don't know about some of the rest of you but the time just can't go by fast enough for me.

Chasholly- I was reading thru all the messages and noticed you were looking for somewhere to park your car in Port Canaveral and I wanted to make sure you weren't confusing our departure port. We are leaving from Port Everglades which is in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm sure if you've gotten your documents you know this but I wanted to make sure you didn't go the wrong port!! It's about 3 hours farther south to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyway just wanted to be sure.

It seems as if many of you will be participating in toga night, I hadn't planned on it but now I am reconsidering!

Even though we live in Florida our weather has been unseasonably cold and rainy so even I am looking forward to the sunshine and warm waters of the caribbean!

desiree78usa
March 11th, 2005, 11:16 AM
TOGA ! TOGA ! TOGA !:cool:

kimtursiella
March 11th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Hi Ms Bee and Everyone on the 4/3 thread -

Just got my cabin assignment today! Paid for and inside 1A Guarantee and got upgraded to a Veranda Stateroom 6 cat upgrade!!!! Yippie:D :) :p Desiree - It's getting closer to the big day, wishing you a Matthew a beautiful wedding. Where in NJ are you from? Ken and I are from North Jersey currently residing in Pompton Lakes. Counting the days and to quote you Des - Toga, Toga, Toga!!!!!!!!:D

MAUREEN K
March 11th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Hi Ms Bea, My hunsband Hank and I plus 22 friends will be joining you also. I am so ready to board the ship and relax for 7 days. Mo

desiree78usa
March 11th, 2005, 06:40 PM
kimtursiella,

i resided in wayne, new jersey right off of rt 23. i know exactly the area you live a couple of my friends live in that area!:)

Ms.Bee
March 12th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hi everybody........Ms Bee calling......

A big welcome to Mo, her husband Hank, and their 22 FRIENDS!! What a group! I guess that just bumped our Cruizin 4/3 Meds gang up to about 60!! I see you are coming from the West Palm Beach area, you won't have far to go to get to the BIG SHIP. We are from the cold and snowy Great White North, eh?? Welcome again Mo to you and your group........

Elvislover, glad to hear you got your docs!! Also, yes, you MUST be considering TOGA NIGHT!! Seems like we are all talking toga lately......

Kimtursiella, nice going on your upgrade!! Wow...that was great! We are also in a Veranda Stateroom, but not an upgrade. It will be just lovely to sit and watch the blue sea and feel the ocean breezes! And yes..................

to quote Desiree........"TOGA, TOGA, TOGA"!! It seems like maybe Brian (Desert Canuk) got us all moving on our toga ideas. My sister and I have decided to come up with our own creations for our hubbys and ourselves for Toga Night. Look out for the BEE HIVE on Toga Night......it will be our last night on the cruise and we will make it memorable!! Right??

"Here comes the bride".......counting today, 21 days till Desiree & Matt get hitched!! Cruizin Meds, 22 days now till we can say Boun Giorno........
Ciao for now, Ms. Bee;)

kimtursiella
March 12th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Desiree - Wow Wayne how funny is that we're practically neighbors:D !!! How bout this weather 4/3 can't come soon enough. How bout the size of those snowflakes last night!!! I actually went outside in my PJs at 11:30 last night to catch one! Biggest Snowflakes I've ever seen:eek: almost freaky!! NO MORE SNOW!!!! :mad: (Even if it's just a dusting!) 22 Days and counting!!!!

desiree78usa
March 13th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I left NJ years ago, moved to Jacksonville, FL where I met Matt. He transfered with his company to Greenville,SC about three years ago. So I missed all that beautiful snow. However I am suffering through about 70 degree weather today.
This is as far north as we ever want to be...we would love to transfer back to Florida. See everyone in three weeks !! How about drinks in our suite on that huge aft balcony ?:cool:

kimtursiella
March 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Lucky you with warm balmy weather. Drinks sound great! See you on the big boat!! kim

fireofficer5
March 13th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Another floridan is coming on the Med. I sailed on her last year. The same week as cedez (4-04-04). Had a great time. Where are all of you meeting for the first cocktail party. Traveling as a single guest of Costa Cruise Line.

Ms.Bee
March 13th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Hello and welcome to our latest member of the 4/3 Cruizin Meds, Fireofficer5. As you can see, we have been very busy chatting and preparing for our embarkation on the BIG SHIP!! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise on the Mediterranea last year. We really anticipate a wonderful time! You asked about where we would be meeting for our cocktail party, well, we had not figured that out yet. So, let me throw this out to the gang.................

How does this sound to everyone?? Desiree, you had asked if we should meet in your suite on the hugh aft balcony. I don't know how many you could fit in, do you? If you really want to do that and you think there is room, that would be great. Don't feel pressured though if you can't. Another suggestion would be that we could meet at the Apollo Bar on Deck #9 by the pool. My sister and I were tossing around a time for our gathering. How does this sound???? We thought maybe on Monday, at 2:00 p.m. after we set sail from Key West. If we meet at 2:00, that would give anyone in our group enough time to prepare for dinner if they have 1st seating. We have second seating, but figured that others may not. I do believe that Tuesday we are at port again, so if we do meet on Monday, we will have had the opportunity to meet our Cruzin Thread gang before we get too far into the week.

So, what do you think?? It will be so nice just to meet you all!! We really do need to get that toast in for the honeymooners, eh?? So just let me know Desiree what you think about the meeting place, ok? We can go from there...................

So how many days now?? Must be 21!! Oh boy.....starting to get that rollercoaster feeling.......I love coasters!!! Ciao Cruisers, Ms. Bee (Denise)

wannacruz
March 15th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Hi Ms. Bee (Denise),

Whenever and wherever everyone chooses to meet we will be there!! We just got our docs on Saturday. Seems like these last 3 weeks are going by TOO slowly! Getting out our suitcases this weekend to start the packing ritual. We are going down the night before (can't trust this northeast weather) and staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We got a good rate through Priceline.

Wannacruz (Jackie)

desiree78usa
March 16th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Monday at 2pm is good for us ! The Apollo sounds like a more feasible place to meet since the thread has grown so much. We don't want to tip the ship over with all of us on one side. 18 days till the cruise !!! We bought our toga material today. TOGA ! TOGA ! TOGA !:cool:

ElvisLover1
March 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Hello All-

Is everyone starting to get excited?!! I know I am. We are marking the days off the calendar at our house!

My husband and two boys have decided that we must participate in toga night but I must confess I won't be making ours. I found some at a costume store for much less than I ever could have made them. That and the fact that I can barely sew a button sealed the deal!!

Desiree - I noticed you live in Greenville, SC; my sister lived there for many years so I've been there several times. It seemed like it would be a really nice place to live and raise children.

Ms. Bee - I think the Apollo Lounge on Monday at 2:00 sounds great. Will anyone else sailing with children be bringing them to meet everyone or should we take them to the kids club?

Looking forward to putting faces with all these names (maybe we should wear name tags!!)!!

french girl
March 16th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Ms. Bee, my husband and I , from Morgantown,
WV along with our two children, ages 11 and 13 will be on this crusie as well. It will be nice being away from a ball field and dance studio for a week.

Ms.Bee
March 16th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone!!!

What a great thread we have going!! We have some new members to welcome..........so, welcome to frenchgirl, her hubby and two kids coming from Morgantown, WV. Erie is about 3 and 1/2 hours away from Morgantown. As you can tell, we are all getting very excited about our adventure we are about to EMBARK ON!!! We are happy to have you on board with us!!

Elvislover, hello.......you had asked about bringing the kids to the get-together. Do what you want to, if you want to bring them that is fine. Just do whatever you and the kids want to do.........go with the flow!! You suggested name tags. That might not be a bad idea. We could hand them out as people come to the Apollo Bar. Would you like to be in charge of the name tags?? This will be fun..........

Desiree, lets just say we will meet at the Apollo Bar at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, after we set sail from Key West. (Sounds like a dream, too good to be true) I think you might be right about the size of the group meeting on your balcony. I see you are busy working on your TOGAS. My sister (Debbie) is sewing ours, I am not the seamstress!! This toga thing sure has gotten to be bigger than we thought in the beginning!! Only 18 more days!!

I could be loosing count, but I have about 64 people associated with the cruizin 4/3 Meds. I am sure not all will show up for our meet-up at the Apollo Bar, but we will get a nice size group!! We did this on our Hawaii cruise. It was nice to finally meet the thread group. That way, when we are dancing the night away in the disco.........we will have friends to say "Bon Giorno" to.

I will be out of town for about 5 days......going to North Carolina to see a friend. If I miss anything, I will catch up when I get home on Tuesday. So, until then, Ciao to my Cruizin Friends, Ms. Bee (Denise)

kimtursiella
March 17th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone - Sounds like everyone is busy "making" their Togas?!? Does Costa provide extra white sheets that night or do I have to bring them from home? Help..... Thanks Kim

TheDesertCanuck
March 17th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone - Sounds like everyone is busy "making" their Togas?!? Does Costa provide extra white sheets that night or do I have to bring them from home? Help..... Thanks Kim

This is from Cruise4Andy's review of Costa Med in January.

"ENTERTAINMENT:
I don’t know about other cruise lines, but Costa sure in deed offers a wide variety of entertainment choices throughout the week. We had two wonderful production shows “Time Machine” and “Solid Gold” which were both magnificent! “Time Machine” featured the music, dances and performances throughout time, from the Medieval Era to the New Millennium and everything else in between. Great performances from the Costa Mediterranea dancers! “Solid Gold” featured countless number one hits and their stars, from Elton John, Cher, Abba, Michael Jackson and Elvis, just to name a few of them.
The first night featured an acrobatic duo, “Duo Platschkov” from Moscow, Russia. The performers won multiple performance awards and gold medals throughout Europe. It was certainly a great, upbeat performance with great music, light effects and laser show! And all of that in the Osiris Theatre! Of course there was also the final night’s Roman Bacchanal Party, combined with the Passenger Talent Show. Did not know that we had that many talented passengers on board. Lot’s of people are dressed up in toga’s, which is a blast by itself. You will get some bed sheets delivered to you stateroom with instructions on how to tie it into a toga, but of course if you want something more “advanced” you can bring your own toga as well. All I can say… another episode of “Cruise Ship Gone Wild”!
Entertainment Rating: “10”

Everything except for the personal touches. A few spare safety pins might not be a bad idea.

Brian
toga toga toga toga http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/Organizations/MarketingClub/images/toga.jpg

kimtursiella
March 18th, 2005, 05:00 PM
:D Thanks Brian - Maybe I'll pack some rope etc to embellish our toga. Kim....

makins77
March 20th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hi we are: Lori, who will celebrate her 30th (the big 3-0) birthday on the 24th of March, Ken, (the dad :) ) 35, Jericho, 10 and Jordan, 8 both wonderful boys. Also with us will be her mother, Jane and our niece Courtney, 9. We also will be celebrating our 12th anniversery on April the 23rd. We are from Tennessee and just last Thursday we woke up with almost 4 inches of snow on the ground :eek: . Any way as you can guess we are more than ready to start our vacation. We hope to see some of you there and we all have a great time, some things to never forget and some to forget before we wake up in the morning:p . So good luck and great cruising. The Makins Family

makins77
March 20th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Hey ElvisLover we have two boys 8 and 10 and a niece 9 going with us, maybe we could get them together while we sipped a few drinks.

ElvisLover1
March 21st, 2005, 10:03 PM
Hi makins77 I am sure my older son (just turned 9) would love to hang out with your boys. It will be nice to kind of know someone to introduce him to! My other son is 4 1/2 so a little young unless they don't mind him tagging along! My oldest is Wesley and the little one is Bryce. Will you be going to the meet and greet Ms. Bee has set up for Monday in the Apollo Lounge? If so maybe we can hook up there?

makins77
March 22nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah we will be there, 2p.m. after Key West and my 2 boys are looking foward to making a new friend. We are looking foward to making new friends too. Not so long now:) .

Ms.Bee
March 22nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm back. Just returned from North Carolina. Now I have alot of catching up to do!!

Welcome to our newest members of the Cruizin 4/3 Meds., the Makins Family from Tennessee. You have a nice size group coming and I am so glad you are planning to attend our Cruizin Meds. meet-up on 4/4 at the Apollo Bar. So, to Lori & Ken, their two sons, Mama Jane and their niece, it's great to have you with us on our lovely cruise!

I see everyone seems to be busy BEES working on toga ideas. It will be alot of fun and a great way to end the cruise. Brian, nice picture of Belushi! TOGA, TOGA, TOGA!!

It does not seem possible, but I have the count at 12 days!!! Oh my, now time will fly too fast........how will I ever get everything packed?? My hubby says I pack way to much. But, I can't help it......I take everything!! I know I won't forget to pack our Togas!! My sister is doing a fine job on them.

Desiree & Matt, won't be long now.........Happy Wedding Week, enjoy!!

Don't everyone forget our meeting.......2:00 p.m. at the Apollo Bar, on deck 9 by the pool, on 4/4 after we set sail from Key West. BEE there or BEE square!!

Let's keep in touch this last week.......for now, Buona Notte from Ms Bee (Denise) and her hubby Bee (Darrel) :D :D

makins77
March 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
Thank you Ms. Bee. Do you know, or does anyone for that matter, which pier we will be docking at when we get to Cozumel?

J. Waites
March 24th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Hi Mrs. Bee

Fourteen of us oldies are going on the cruise on April 2 starting from Fort Lauderdale. We are so looking forward to it. Having read some of the remarks about the food makes me nervous but I guess we all have different tastes. It will sure be better than shovelling snow which I had to do this morning. We live in Toronto and Spring is here (Ha Ha).

Maybe we will meet you on board. We will probably be the noisiest group on board.

Cheers

jo Waites

J. Waites
March 24th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Hi Mrs. Bee,

Did you get my prevous message??

Jo Waites :)

Ms.Bee
March 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Hello and welcome to Jo Waites and your group from Toronto, and it sounds like a lively group at that!!! It will be great to have you with us. As I stated earlier in our thread, we have traveled to Toronto many times. We really enjoy the city. I'm sure that Brian (Desert Canuk) will be glad to see that more Canadians have joined us, hey?? Don't forget to join us at our little meet-up on 4/4 at 2:00 p.m. at the Apollo Bar. We have a toast to make to our Bride Desiree and her Groom Matthew! Our thread of 4/3 Cruizin Meds. is the best I have seen in a long while! I have a feeling that this BIG SHIP will be rocking!!

Makins77, sorry but I do not know which pier we will be docking at in Cozumel. You could call Costa at 1-800-462-6782 and they might be able to tell you.

I have been bringing the suitcases upstairs.......but not put anything in them yet! I can't believe we now have the count at 10 days!! Today I got the cruise hair cut and did alot of cruise errands.........and Easter stuff too. Time flying and soon we will BEE buzzing down to sunny Florida.;) Happy Easter to everyone and for now, Ciao, Ms Bee (Denise);)

kirkg
March 26th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone!

Kirk and Debbie here, we'll be traveling with Ms Bee and the rest of the hive. We've been on several cruises, but never with Costa and are anxious to explore a new ship! We're also looking forward to some warm tropical weather, it's been a long winter in Erie, PA this year. Looks like we've got quite a group of Cruise Critic Cruisers. Hope to meet all you guys at the get- together on the ship. See you next week!!!

Kirk and Deb

kimtursiella
March 26th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Guys - It's finally here your Wedding week! Safe trip to Jacksonville and all the best for a fab day. We'll all toast you on 4/4!!

Ms. Bee (Denise) I too just got back from NC took the kids to OBX for the week! Picked a great week, just in time to miss our latest snow storm (another 5 inches in New Jersey). Well packing time has arrived can't believe next Sunday this time we'll be out in the big blue! Can't wait see you on 4/4 with the rest of the thread. Safe journey to all......Ciao

hairclipper
March 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM
hi everyone one more week. my husband and i 50,49,with one of our sons 18 and his friend 17 will be on board with you. we are from greenvile michigan and looking forward to some warm sunny weather.and lots of fun

Ms.Bee
March 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Hi 4/3 Meds!!!
Another member to welcome this Easter Sunday!! Welcome to hairclipper from Greenville, MI!! We know you have to be tired of the cold weather as we certainly are!! Join us for a nice toast if you can on 4/4 at 2:00p.m. We are looking forward to meeting all!!

Kim, I was wondering where you had been. You were down at the OBX (Outer Banks)!! We love the Banks!! We go every summer and rent a beach house in South Nags Head. We are going this year end of July!! I bet you are refreshed from the ocean tides!! Now for the excitement of boarding our lovely Mediterrania!! Can't wait.........

Glad to hear Deb & Kirk chime in on our thread. Deb is my sister and the designer of our TOGAS!! Kirk and Deb, our friend Carla from WV, and now another freind, Sally, has joined the BEE HIVE for our adventure on the high seas! Of course my hubby, Darrel and myself make our group to be 6 all together. We are all getting that "rollercoaster feeling" and before we know it, we will be at the dock in Lauderdale!!

Brian, you said you were leaving 3 days prior. So, you must be getting pretty close to closing those suitcases!!! Rememer the TOGA!

I will post again before we depart..............Happy Easter all!! Ciao, Ms Bee:)

makins77
March 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
:D We are about to bust up here in Tennessee!!!!! Just one more week and look out Costa here we come. Happy Easter to everyone and see you all next week.:D P.S. GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cherokee cruisers
March 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM
What a pleasure to hear from other people who will be on our first-ever cruise. We are quite excited and I am glad to see that there will be other kiddos on board. We are a family of five: my husband and I, 18 and 16 year old sons, and 12 year old daughter. I see that there is a great weight room on board, basketball, tennis, and pools. I would love to hear from you experienced cruisers about how your older kids spend their time on the boat.

See you soon!!!

MAUREEN K
March 28th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Hi Ms Bee and all my fellow 4/3 cruisers only 6 more days to go. I can't wait. Finally got the suitcases out of the attic and will pack tonight. The weather here in sunny south Florida has been beautiful, but nothing to match what we will experience next week. I know a lot of you are from up north and have been experiencing some very nasty weather so for you all the weather will be a very welcome change. I'm looking forward to meeting most of you on Monday at 2:00 in the apollo lounge. Till then everyone stay warm and I will see you on Sun. TOGA TOGA TOGA, CIAO all. Have a great trip to the boat. MO

TheDesertCanuck
March 28th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hello everyone

In less than 24 hours I am away from this cloudy wet weather and will be winging my way south east following the snowbird trail. By wednesday I will be soaking up some Florida sun and forgetting that there ever was a season called winter.
I will see many of you at the Apollo lounge during the "Bee hive" festivities.

I can already see in my minds eye the lounge chair I will be in. :cool: hmmm

Brian

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/okanagankool/pool_area.jpg

Ms.Bee
March 28th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Hello All.........
Another big welcome to the cherokee cruisers who will be joining us for our sail down to the Western Caribbean!! As you can see, we have a great thread going here and it won't be long at all till we can meet on the decks of the Mediterannea!!
Brian, I knew you would be leaving soon. 24 hours to go, ehh?? Thanks for the beautiful shot of the pool..........safe travels to you and your family. See ya on the BIG SHIP!

Maikins77, hang in there, Tennessee is alot closer to Port Everglades then Pennsylvania is......and I'm sure alot warmer. See you REAL SOON.

Mo, great to hear from you again, thanks for the nice weather up-date from sunny Florida. We will be making our way down south real soon!!

Well, only 6 days till cruise time and 5 DAYS TILL DESIREE AND MATT TIE THE KNOTT!! I'm sure you all have it by now, but just in-case you forgot, our Cruizin 4/3 meet-up will be on Monday, 4/4 at 2:00 p.m. after we set sail from Key West. We will be at the Apollo Bar on deck #9 by the pool. To anyone who is leaving for the port early, have a safe and FUN trip! My last post will be Thursday as we will be heading out on Friday:) Hope to see you in the sunshine........Buona Notte from the BEE HIVE, Ms Bee;)

Ms.Bee
March 31st, 2005, 09:10 PM
Well, here we go everyone!!! I am assuming you are all very busy about now preparing to close up those suitecases and head on down to Fort Lauderdale. I don't know if Desiree will get a chance to read this being soooo busy, but just in case.......Best wishes for a wonderful and beautiful wedding day to you and Matt, Desiree.
We will leave tomorrow and stay in Buffalo on Friday night. Then off to Florida on Saturday!! I can't believe it is almost time to go, just in time because Erie is forcasted for snow on Saturday!!
So, don't forget our meet-up on Monday. Safe travels to all and have a wonderful BON VOYAGE everyone! See you on the Big Ship Cruisers.

Bonna Notte and Ciao from Ms Bee (Denise) and the Bee Hive (Darrel, Debbie, Kirk, Carla and Sally);) :) "It will be the time of our lives"

fireofficer5
April 3rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Here I am/ook at the time. All packed and no ride here yet. See you all soon.

Ms.Bee
April 12th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Buon Giorno to all!
We are back from our 4/3 cruise on the beautiful Mediterranea. We had a wonderful time and truly a lovely cruise!
Here are the 4/3 cruizin Meds at our meet-up at the Apollo Bar on the Big Ship. A grand time was had by all who attended, and yes, we did get that toast in to our Newlyweds, Desiree & Matt!! Ciao to all of our new friends, it was so nice to meet all of you. Wishing we were still there!!!! Ms Bee;)
From left to right are:
Ken, Lori, Sally, Kirk, Deb, Matt, Desiree, Denise, Darrel, Kim, Brian & Rick

Ms.Bee
April 12th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Another picture from our 4/3 Mediterannea Cruise........
Here is the "Bee Hive" on Toga Night with our most gracious waiters. We could have not asked for better service! We were seated at table #28, second seating. Our waiter was Finny John and his helper was Remedious. They were very efficient, warm and friendly and our meals were sooo delicious! Thank you Finny and Remedious.......we miss you both!!! Bonna Notte, Ms Bee (Denise)

So, here we are.......Togas and all......
from left to right, Sally, Kirk & Deb, Carla, Remedious, Finny, Denise & Darrel

For a larger picture ... try this link:
http://www.fairyglowgallery.com/images/Other/TogaNight1.jpg

kimtursiella
April 14th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone - It was a pleasure meeting everyone from Ms Bee's thread. I hope everyone had as great a time as I did..... Matt and Desiree hope you have a great life together. Denise, Daryl, Deb, Sally & Kirk great toga's!!!!!

Una tilla nexta timea.... Ciaoa ....... Ba Da Da Beengo, Soooooper Beengo!!!!!!:D Kim