PDA

View Full Version : Where's your next cruise?

Luckysll
February 24th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm on the Carnival Spirit, 3 day cruise to nowhere (but really Vancouver to LA :D) on Sept. 20/11.

Then the CC group cruise on Carnival Spirit, 15 days to Hawaii round trip from San Diego on April 13, 2012.

I know there are some Maniacs going with me to Hawaii. Would love to have more Maniacs along with us.

luv2cruz44
February 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I think everyone already knows this but we're headed to Honolulu to do Hawaii on the Spirit. It's a family and friends cruise with the same captain we just had on the Miracle. Board the ship 4/22 and get off 5/4, just in time to get home, unpack, do laundry and get to San Francisco for a 2 week trip to France with my daughter.

Poomah
February 25th, 2011, 12:05 PM
BERMUDA! On the Glory October 16, 2011 - Departs Norfolk,VA at 5pm for 6 glorious days . The only stop is King's Wharf, Bermuda with 3+ sea days. Just a little bit of heaven.

Bill was there 35+ years ago when he was in the Navy - got to spend 6 months there courtesy of "our Uncle". I have never been and am so looking forward to getting there. I am also looking forward to a real British tea time and viewing the architecture, learning more of the history, etc.

Hey Karen and Gary - got any tips on where we should go and what we should see??? Don't want to do shp's tours - would rather explore on our own....

Any takers? We'd love to have more M.O.B. with us.

tracyvansmith
February 25th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Mine are:

Aug. 30-Sep. 6, 2011 Disney Wonder Round trip Alaska from Vancouver.
Oct. 30-Nov. 4, 2011 Carnival Spirit B2B part 1
Nov. 4-Nov. 13, 2011 Carnival Spirit B2B part 2
Oct. 21-Nov. 4, 2012 Norwegian Star Caribbean (not 100% that this will be a go)
Oct? 2012 Carnival Spirit to OZ
2012 Maybe Panama Carnival East to West depending on if and which ship they send to LA

Cuizer2
February 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM
My next cruise is June 12-18, 2011 on the Carnival Freedom.

I am hoping to go to Europe in 2012 on the Carnival Breeze, but that schedule will not come out for a couple of months, so I have to wait. :(

stillmysty
February 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Western Caribbean on the Carnival Legend, Feb 26th 2012 may try to do a short cruise between now and then.

DUCHESSRN
February 25th, 2011, 10:24 PM
November 4th Tracy,s Birthday Cruise Carnival Spirit 9 days .
April 2012 Princess Star Round Trip SFO to Hawaii .......perhaps
October 2012 NCL Star New York to New Orleans.....perhaps
June 2012 Carnival Spirit Alaska first AFT WRAP ........

November is a go but lots can happen , grandbabies ,weddings all good things.

lnew1gd1
February 26th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Nothing in the works yet for us. :(

Will be doing a cruise and land tour Alaska on Princess 2012. Just waiting for the 2012 Alaska dates to come out sometime in April if anyone is interested in joining us. Land portion first (hopefully 4 days land) then southbound cruise. Most probably August.

Other than that no cruises planned. Just going to wing it from here on out. So many great cruises and rates have come out in the past that we had to skip because we already had things planned. No more planning 1 to 2 years out for us anymore. Take our chances on cabins and itins unless it's something absolutely fabulous that we don't want to miss.

We do know that 2013 we plan on doing a river cruise on the Rhine or Danube...want to do the Castles of the Rhine. Have to see what will be. That's my early retirement year! Yippee!!!

IslandToIsland
February 26th, 2011, 08:27 AM
We will be on the Freedom 9/24/11 heading to Cozumel, Panama, and Costa Rica. Never been to Panama or Costa Rica, so definitely looking foward to this one.

tracyvansmith
February 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Added one and dropped one sorry NCL guys looks like I will be in OZ then.:D
Mine are:

Sep. 18-Oct. 30, 2012 Carnival Spirit Van-Hawaii (this is number 10 for Bill and I)
2012 Maybe Panama Carnival East to West depending on if and which ship they send to LA

Cuizer2
February 27th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Added one and dropped one sorry NCL guys looks like I will be in OZ then.:D
Mine are:

Sep. 18-Oct. 30, 2012 Carnival Spirit Van-Hawaii (this is number 10 for Bill and I)

What is your train of though here? The Inspiration (it is coming at the end of this year) and the Splendor will be in Los Angeles. The Spirit will be in Alaska for the summer. Why is Carnival going to send another ship to the West Coast in October 2012? :confused:

tracyvansmith
February 27th, 2011, 10:25 PM
What is your train of though here? The Inspiration (it is coming at the end of this year) and the Splendor will be in Los Angeles. The Spirit will be in Alaska for the summer. Why is Carnival going to send another ship to the West Coast in October 2012? :confused:

And the Spirit is leaving for OZ in Oct. so from what John has been saying they will be sending a ship over to take its place.

Cuizer2
February 28th, 2011, 02:04 AM
And the Spirit is leaving for OZ in Oct. so from what John has been saying they will be sending a ship over to take its place.

Everyone is trying to get away from the Mexican Riviera (Celebrity left, Royal Caribbean left, HAL has scaled down its Mexican Riviera cruises), why would Carnival want to have two ships going to the Mexican Riviera?

And why is Australia "OZ"? Seattle and OZ are the emerald cities.

Delta Dear
February 28th, 2011, 04:28 PM
We are joining Poom and Bill on Oct. 16 to Bermuda from Norfolk. Guess I'd better get a ticker going.

Morgan wants to look at something for Feb. 2012 as well. He kind of wants to go visit his cousin who lives in Belize for two weeks instead of cruising. His cousin has a hotel about 70 miles northwest of Belize City. I'm not that interested in spending two weeks but we'll have to see.
For the price of the flights, we could be cruising !

Delta Dear
February 28th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Hi,

lnew1gd1
March 7th, 2011, 07:16 PM
OK, OK, we couldn't go a year and 1/2 without a cruise so we booked a quick get-away.....June 9 this year. Carnival Glory out of New York. 4 day, one port, St John New Brunswick, Canada. EH?

Luckysll
March 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
OK, OK, we couldn't go a year and 1/2 without a cruise so we booked a quick get-away.....June 9 this year. Carnival Glory out of New York. 4 day, one port, St John New Brunswick, Canada. EH?

Sounds good.

LornaT
March 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
12/18/2011 _ Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean (Part 1 of the Holiday B2B)
12/26/2011 - Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean (Part 2 of the Holiday B2B
4/13/2012 - Carnival Spirit - 15 night Hawaii R/T from San Diego
Holiday time 12/2012 - Still looking :confused:
2013 - Maybe a reunion cruise with our Maniacs friends :)

IslandToIsland
March 20th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Just booked Magic for Feb 5, 2012 Superbowl Sunday....Ann, I'll be looking foward to your feedback on the ship!

sparkscruiser
March 20th, 2011, 08:26 PM
We have a short 4 day planned in just a few weeks. As many of you already know, we had booked early saver for the Miracle B2B so we have two cruises to use up - so thought this would be a good little get away. We will make it into a visit to see MIL - she will be 89 this year and BIL and SIL. On the way back coming through Vegas.........

Thought about the NCL cruise, but decided against it. Great price and all, but I have a few friends who have not had good experiiences as of late with NCL so decided to pass on that one. May do the Birthday cruise with Tracy and Tonie - thinking about that one.

lnew1gd1
March 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
WooHoo, just booked our Alaska Land and Sea adventure on the Sapphire Princess for Aug 12, 2012. 13 nights of touring and cruising. What a great itin it is. Now I feel better, have a real cruise on the books. :D

2 nights in Fairbanks, 2 nights in Denali, 2 nights in Mt. McKinley at Princess lodges and the Fairbanks Hotel, some excursions are included and rail and motorcoach transportation. Then 7 nights Southbound cruise sailing the Alaska Gulf and the Inside Passage and visiting the Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican. We end in Vancouver.

Said I wasn't going to book anything so far out anymore but just had to do it. Why don't some of you guys join us?

Already thinking about a second visit to Alaska in the next couple of years but to do Prudhoe and the Artic Circle and dip my toes in the Artic Ocean! How cool would that be to say you've been to the Artic. (after this winter I must be nuts thinking about going cold!)

I think we are pretty much done with the Carribean...time to see the rest of the world for me. Not that I wouldn't go back to sun and sand...just isn't going to be our priority anymore.

Looking forward to our shortie 4 night June cruise on the Glory but gee, that just didn't feel like a real cruise. Should be fun though and relaxing. Not rushing to do anything for 4 days. Just going to walk the local area and visit the Market in St. John then back to the ship and enjoy while it's empty of cruisers.

Poomah
March 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Congrats Lynn - enjoy enjoy enjoy!

DUCHESSRN
April 26th, 2011, 07:12 PM
We are on Carnival Spirit November 4th with Tracy and Bill ,great prices on the 9 day cruise.