PDA

View Full Version : Little Bluff Point Beach and Lighthouse

kt3220
February 28th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I have searched the forum and can not find info.
We are going to Grand Turk in Jan 2012. I would like to see the light house, and
read a few things about Little Bluff point. Can anyone give me info. Is there a
tour that goes here, or do we need to rent a cab ourselves.
Thank You for the help.

summertripnj11
March 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
We went to see Grand Turk Lighthouse and the Bluff it stands on, in Jan 2009. We rented a small van with a lady driver at the dock and took a tour of the entire Island and stopped at the lighthouse and Bluff, as we had the van we could stay as long as we wanted.. It is a rather small Island and we saw everything in a few hours including beaches, horses, and the US Space capsule. We than went to the beach at the ship pier which had free lounges and a nice place to swim and you could walk back to the ship. I have pictures, but could not get them to download at Cruise Critic. Need more info, just ask.

kt3220
March 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Summertrip

Thank you. If you have time I would love to see a few pics of the beach. My email is kturner3220@yahoo.com. Also, how much did the lady charge you for the van, and did you call ahead or just rent her in port?

Thank You

WillieD13
March 4th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Not to discourage you, but I will note that while you can go see the lighthouse, that is all you can do. You cannot go in it. It is abandoned, and kind of run down. It is not really much to look at, at least not when you compare it to other lighthouses such as Cape Neddick (Nubble) Light, or Cape Hatteras Light, or even the little, Old Point Comfort Light.

halbob
March 16th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I have searched the forum and can not find info.
We are going to Grand Turk in Jan 2012. I would like to see the light house, and
read a few things about Little Bluff point. Can anyone give me info. Is there a
tour that goes here, or do we need to rent a cab ourselves.
Thank You for the help.

Just go back last week from a Ruby Princess cruise that stopped
at Grand Turk. There is a tour that takes in the light house among
other places and should cost around $55.00, which can be booked
once you are on your ship.

sag1804
March 22nd, 2011, 02:26 PM
Or you can get your own jeep like we did from nathan, explore the island, see this place and enjoy it for as long as you'd like.

weekendbeacher
April 16th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Who is Nathan, how much is a Jeep and how complicated is the renal aggreement?