Jordan Pond Restaraunt????

smitty3000

We will be in Bar Harbor the end of June and are taking a boat tour from

11:30 - 2:15 to see the lighthouses. As soon as we get back to the port

I would like to take the Acadia Free Shuttle over to Jordan Pond Restaraunt. Our ship pulls out at 6 so I figure we have to be back for the

last tender by 5:15 to 5:30. Is this enough time to do this. I don't have

to eat a large meal. Really would like to just walk around the area, I have read where it is very pretty and possibly have a popover. I don't have to see the rest of the park either unless I have the time since I saw it last year in September. Where exactly do I catch the Island Explorer bus after I get back to cruise port? I understand they run about every half hour. Does that mean they stop at Jordan Pond going back to Bar Harbor about every 1/2 hour also? Thanks for any info.:) Really would like to go to this place

It's a very tight schedule and personnally I wouldn't do it but IF you want to do it, exiting the tender you take the main road (uphill) and the bus stops are on your right (first street at your right) if I remember well. The bus operate starting on June 23rd.

Yes, Jordan Pond is a very nice place but I don't think you will have enough time to enjoy it (and I would be too worried about missing the ship).

You board the Island Explorer at the Bar Harbor Village Green. You walk up Main St for 2 blocks and VG will be on your right.

A bus route #5 includes JPH as a stop.

Since you didn't include the date of your visit, in 2010, the route was run starting 6/23 & I would assume it starting 6/22 in 2011.

The bus runs every 30 minutes and it is a 20 minute ride. To get there, you could take the bus at 2:45, arriving at JPH at 3:05 pm You could return on the bus at 4:45pm which would put you at the BH VG at 5:05pm. Watching the cruise ship depart BH is a thrilling sight :rolleyes:, so I have been told.

You would board the return bus at about the same spot you originally arrived at, but be careful, at times there are multiple buses loading and unloading.

Here's the link for last year's schedule: http://www.exploreacadia.com/route5.htm

SBtS

Thank you both very much for responding. :) After I posted I started rereading the schedule and was coming to the same conclusion. If everything went perfect I could spend an hour there which would be fine but as we well know, things don't always run perfectly. I think I will walk on the shore path I read about earlier instead. It sounds nice. Have either one of you walked on this path and if so what did you think? I will be in Bar Harbor the end of June.

Bar Harbor itself is very nice, you'll enjoy your walk along the shore line. One thing you can do is to walk as far as you want and then come back some and if you have some time to spare, you take the small pass (in between 2 lots - owners are very nice to allow this - thanks to them) and then you will see the town itself including the shops (you are making a sort of loop).

Thanks for the info. I have been to Bar Harbor but had forgotten this

path when we were there before even though I had read a little about it.

From the pictures it looks very pretty. I will have to dodge those mud puddles.;) Thanks again.

Archived