PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to all our past, present and future NCL friends.

Got Tequila?
June 16th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Welcome to all our past, present and future NCL friends. :)

This is our new home for off-topic chatter, with hopes of keeping our roll call threads more on-topic and uncluttered.

Just a reminder that all Cruise Critic rules still apply here, with the exception of the "off topic" rule.

davesgirl51
June 16th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome to all our past, present and future NCL friends. :)

This is our new home for off-topic chatter, with hopes of keeping our roll call threads more on-topic and uncluttered.

Just a reminder that all Cruise Critic rules still apply here, with the exception of the "off topic" rule.

Hi :)

Just solidified hotel for Star Repo in Tampa. We're flying down on Saturday (though flights won't be made for awhile) so only one night in Tampa before the cruise. Do we need to make advance reservations for the shuttle to the hotel from the airport ? to the cruise terminal ? We will not be seeing D's daughter this trip because we want to spend tim with you all.

davesgirl51
June 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Also got hotel for night in NYC on a FRIDAY for after Star before we do the Panama Canal and Canada on the Jewel - very happy to get that done :)

How's everyone ? DD2 got her mtge approved so she is moving to her dream home and I guess DD1 will follow though she has been strangely silent since 6/11.:(

Got Tequila?
June 16th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Just solidified hotel for Star Repo in Tampa. We're flying down on Saturday (though flights won't be made for awhile) so only one night in Tampa before the cruise. Do we need to make advance reservations for the shuttle to the hotel from the airport ? to the cruise terminal ? We will not be seeing D's daughter this trip because we want to spend tim with you all.

Most Excellent....

Have to run, going out to watch the submarine races with my sweetie....

I'll check back in later.

Got Tequila?
June 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM

I don't have any information on the shuttle to the hotel, or even if there is a shuttle to the hotel. To get to the cruise terminal, we could walk.....or there is some sort of transportation we can pick up right outside the hotel.

Got Tequila?
June 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Also got hotel for night in NYC on a FRIDAY for after Star before we do the Panama Canal and Canada on the Jewel - very happy to get that done :)

How's everyone ? DD2 got her mtge approved so she is moving to her dream home and I guess DD1 will follow though she has been strangely silent since 6/11.:(

What hotel did you find in NYC? Hope the price was alot cheaper than doing the 1 night cruise...lol :D

Hope DD1 isn't having second thoughts about living with her sister...:eek:

paradise sailor
June 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Most Excellent....

Have to run, going out to watch the submarine races with my sweetie....

I'll check back in later.
up periscope...open the missle tubes....load the missle...fire...........:p:D:D

davesgirl51
June 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
DD! is off to NJ with DD2. Hotel is cheaper than the CTW. So that cancels out 2/12 Jewel cruise. Contemplating Spirit NOLA as she is being retired and I love her so much. :)

Got Tequila?
June 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
DD! is off to NJ with DD2. Hotel is cheaper than the CTW. So that cancels out 2/12 Jewel cruise. Contemplating Spirit NOLA as she is being retired and I love her so much. :)

I hope all works out well for the girls...and wish them luck.

I would love to get on the SPIRIT again as well, but it just isn't going to happen with her being retired...:(

Just took Wayne and Winkie out to dinner tonight, celebrating father's day a bit early since we are meeting cruise friends in Bar Harbor on Sunday when they are in port. :)

davesgirl51
June 18th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Well, cancelled 2 Jewel in 10/12 for Colonial America 16 day and cancelled cruise that Dede was going to be on for b2b Jewel.... keeping my TA busy - I love her so :D

Got Tequila?
June 18th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Well, cancelled 2 Jewel in 10/12 for Colonial America 16 day and cancelled cruise that Dede was going to be on for b2b Jewel.... keeping my TA busy - I love her so :D

Still hoping you may be able to join us in December on the JEWEL.....:D

davesgirl51
June 18th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Still hoping you may be able to join us in December on the JEWEL.....:D

If we do - it will be very last minute - Denny is doing well and his 2nd surgery is scheduled for 8/15 so it appears that the doctor is aiming for every 2-3 months. He says he plans on coming up around Labor Day to see Lindsay's new house after Dede move in and then again in early December.

If I get enough warning - it may happen ... we'll see ...;) Love to you both

davesgirl51
June 19th, 2011, 12:02 PM
To all the men who are Dads,
To all the men who are Grandfathers and Greats and Great Greats,
To all the brothers, uncles and other men who are integral figures in a child's life,
To all the women who are both Mom and Dad ...

Happy Father's Day. :)

Got Tequila?
June 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
If we do - it will be very last minute - Denny is doing well and his 2nd surgery is scheduled for 8/15 so it appears that the doctor is aiming for every 2-3 months. He says he plans on coming up around Labor Day to see Lindsay's new house after Dede move in and then again in early December.

If I get enough warning - it may happen ... we'll see ...;) Love to you both

I know you'll do what you can, when you can...we understand life does get in the way of cruising sometimes. :rolleyes:

paradise sailor
June 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM
To all the men who are Dads,
To all the men who are Grandfathers and Greats and Great Greats,
To all the brothers, uncles and other men who are integral figures in a child's life,
To all the women who are both Mom and Dad ...

Happy Father's Day. :)

thank you very much :D:D:D:D

davesgirl51
June 20th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I know you'll do what you can, when you can...we understand life does get in the way of cruising sometimes. :rolleyes:

Sure as **** does :p

davesgirl51
June 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
What hotel did you find in NYC? Hope the price was alot cheaper than doing the 1 night cruise...lol :D

Hope DD1 isn't having second thoughts about living with her sister...:eek:

Fairfield Inn/Marriott - West Side

Got Tequila?
June 21st, 2011, 07:37 AM

The Fairfield Inn gets pretty good reviews, let us know what you think about it. Any plans for things to do in the city that day/night?

Starrgazer50
June 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
Dear Valued Travel Partners and Guests,
The oceans on which we sail our ships are of the utmost importance to NCL. We've recently been alerted by the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) that they are placing mandatory restrictions on vessel speeds
in the New York area because of marine life migratory patterns. Therefore, in order to comply, we have made some
changes to Norwegian Gem's 10-Day Southern Caribbean itinerary sailing on January 24, 2010.
Because of these speed restrictions and in order to provide the best possible guest experience, we have modified the
itinerary as follows: Norwegian Gem will now call on San Juan, Puerto Rico instead of Castries, St. Lucia.
Please review the revised itinerary below:
Original Arrive Depart
Sun New York City, New York 4:00 pm
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands noon 7:00 pm
Thu St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Fri Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 4:00 pm
Sat Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 6:00 pm
Sun Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am 1:00 pm
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed New York City, New York 9:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 11:59 pm
Thu St.Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 9:00 am 6:00 pm
Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Sat Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed New York City, New York 10:00 amWe appreciate your understanding and continued support of Norwegian Cruise Line. Should you have any questions,
please call us at (800) 327-7030 Monday to Friday 8 am to midnight Eastern Time or Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 9 pm
Eastern Time and we will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Crane Gladding
Senior Vice President, Passenger Services & Revenue Management

And we've had the same itinerary since then.

Starrgazer50
June 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Day 1 New York 4:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 At Sea
Day 4 San Juan 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Day 5 St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 6 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 7 Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 8 Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Day 9 St. John's, Antigua 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 10 At Sea
Day 11 At Sea
Day 12 At Sea
Day 13 New York 8:00 AM

Maybe the time we get into each port will make a difference? :confused:

Got Tequila?
June 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Dear Valued Travel Partners and Guests,

The oceans on which we sail our ships are of the utmost importance to NCL. We've recently been alerted by the
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) that they are placing mandatory restrictions on vessel speeds
in the New York area because of marine life migratory patterns. Therefore, in order to comply, we have made some
changes to Norwegian Gem's 10-Day Southern Caribbean itinerary sailing on January 24, 2010.
Because of these speed restrictions and in order to provide the best possible guest experience, we have modified the
itinerary as follows: Norwegian Gem will now call on San Juan, Puerto Rico instead of Castries, St. Lucia.
Please review the revised itinerary below:
Original Arrive Depart
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands noon 7:00 pm
Thu St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Fri Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 am 4:00 pm
Sat Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 6:00 pm
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed New York City, New York 9:00 am

Revised Arrive Depart
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea
Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 pm 11:59 pm
Thu St.Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 9:00 am 6:00 pm
Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Sat Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm
Mon At Sea
Tue At Sea

Wed New York City, New York 10:00 am
We appreciate your understanding and continued support of Norwegian Cruise Line. Should you have any questions,
please call us at (800) 327-7030 Monday to Friday 8 am to midnight Eastern Time or Saturday and Sunday 9 am to 9 pm
Eastern Time and we will be happy to assist you.
Sincerely,
Crane Gladding
Senior Vice President, Passenger Services & Revenue Management

And we've had the same itinerary since then.

So we are able to make it to St. Lucia since we have 2 extra days.....we will have 3 sea days on the return to NY.

Got Tequila?
June 23rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Day 1 New York 4:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 At Sea
Day 4 San Juan 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Day 5 St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 6 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 7 Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 8 Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Day 9 St. John's, Antigua 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Day 10 At Sea
Day 11 At Sea
Day 12 At Sea
Day 13 New York 8:00 AM

Maybe the time we get into each port will make a difference? :confused:

I think it is the speed that we have to go up the coast (where the whales might me migrating)....with 3 sea days we can just chug along and have time to plot a course away from any reported whale sightings if needed.

It will be nice to get back to Barbados again. :)

Starrgazer50
June 23rd, 2011, 11:12 PM
I think it is the speed that we have to go up the coast (where the whales might me migrating)....with 3 sea days we can just chug along and have time to plot a course away from any reported whale sightings if needed.

It will be nice to get back to Barbados again. :)

I've never been to St. Lucia nor Barbados. What did you do in Barbados?

Got Tequila?
June 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I've never been to St. Lucia nor Barbados. What did you do in Barbados?

One of our last visits to Barbados we did a NCL tour of the island that took us to see the Concorde. They show a movie about the Concorde out on the side of it, and then you actually get to go on the plane/jet and go through it. Seems like there was a stop for shopping, and a backyard bar.

I seem to remember another island tour on St Lucia, done independently....went up to the rainforest, and to see a sulpher smelling volcano....if I'm remembering right. After awhile the islands all start looking alike.

paradise sailor
June 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
http://images.all-yours.net/postcard/pictures/p748.jpg..:D

Got Tequila?
June 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM

We miss you Cinci, can't wait to hear all the scoop on the Bermuda vacation.....or NOT.

Only 2 more days and you'll be out of there....:rolleyes::D;)

davesgirl51
June 30th, 2011, 10:47 AM
On the run ... missed you ...

1) Been to Barbados many times ... only nice thing about it that (I have seen) are the flying fish sandwiches
2) St. Lucia's Botanical Gardens is gorgeous
3) I will always do a private tour if I can ... NCL is limited and a cattle call
4) umm ... Bermuda ... I'm waiting for ideas on what it is that people see in this island ... it certainly wasn't where we were ... mother and father fighting non-stp (when they were around) and kids being barometers of their parents were the same only worse and multiplied by 3. Had a couple of lovely dinners but VERY expensive.
5) Saw Gem and Dawn .. wanted to stowaway in the very worst way ... David did too which says alot as the mother is DD1 and the children 3 of his. Phew ... glad to be home. DSIL is anything but D. However, his parents are delightful and they were our bed and breakfast.

Got Tequila?
June 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM
On the run ... missed you ...

1) Been to Barbados many times ... only nice thing about it that (I have seen) are the flying fish sandwiches
2) St. Lucia's Botanical Gardens is gorgeous
3) I will always do a private tour if I can ... NCL is limited and a cattle call
4) umm ... Bermuda ... I'm waiting for ideas on what it is that people see in this island ... it certainly wasn't where we were ... mother and father fighting non-stp (when they were around) and kids being barometers of their parents were the same only worse and multiplied by 3. Had a couple of lovely dinners but VERY expensive.
5) Saw Gem and Dawn .. wanted to stowaway in the very worst way ... David did too which says alot as the mother is DD1 and the children 3 of his. Phew ... glad to be home. DSIL is anything but D. However, his parents are delightful and they were our bed and breakfast.

LOL... sounds like an interesting trip. So glad to have you back, relax, unwind.....have a glass of wine and come back to chat when you can. :)

Starrgazer50
August 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say hello! Hope everyone is doing fine. I look into the roll call to see what everyone is talking about from time to time. But honestly...I'm not the one creating all those views... 121,000 + view..Holy crap!! :eek::) You guys are very popular again and you still have 5 months to go!
I'm doing well. I'm currently in Spartanburg, SC visiting my sister and her family for a few weeks. I will be flying back to NYC tomorrow.
We drove to Myrtle Beach and stayed for a few days at the Ocean Reef Resort and we had a blast. I fell in love with Myrtle Beach. I will be going back there again. I also bought my first Boogie Board and road the waves.

I got back to Spartanburg and decided to dye my hair golden bronze. It's actually made me a red head..black girl version, LOL.. I'll post a pic later once I get my clothing coordinated with my new hair color.

Talk to you guys later.
Get to packing your suitcases January will be here before you know it!:D

Barbara

Starrgazer50
August 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM

jjjct
August 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Barbara, one of my favorite places is SC, love the south. You look really, really good as a blond/red!:) Judy

Starrgazer50
August 9th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Barbara, one of my favorite places is SC, love the south. You look really, really good as a blond/red!:) Judy
Thanks Judy:)
I would like to move to the South one day. I'm getting tired of all this concrete under my feet.

Got Tequila?
August 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks Judy:)
I would like to move to the South one day. I'm getting tired of all this concrete under my feet.

North is good too......no sidewalks here in our town at all. :D

Got Tequila?
August 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Just bumping this one up to the top of the page again. :)