PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to your new home!

LauraS
July 14th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Here's a brand new forum opened up just for you! Feel free to start new threads about any topic that comes to mind! Have fun,

Laura

tinkerme1
July 14th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Here's a brand new forum opened up just for you! Feel free to start new threads about any topic that comes to mind! Have fun,

Laura

Thank you Laura! We are very pleased to have our own special "Home" here on CC!

sicsinohio
July 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wow! What happened that our old thread was closed down? Was it something we said? Hope all the usual suspects find this one!

sasysutler
July 14th, 2011, 07:50 PM
this happened to our florida thread.. said the large threads were slowing down the boards. I hope everyone finds us here!

KathieKata
July 14th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Laura: I don't mean to be rude, but do we have to look at the "Welcome to your new home" message forever??
How can we just have our old title just show up.???
BUCKEYE CRUZERS!!!! Where are ya, Ohio!?!?! (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=746)

We had a nice cozy little group posting everyday on our old thread. Hope it stays that way. I already see 44 "looks" on this new thread!

Denese96
July 15th, 2011, 02:45 AM
"We had a nice cozy little group posting everyday on our old thread. Hope it stays that way. I already see 44 "looks" on this new thread! "

Does that mean the group is a private/closed group and you do not want others to join?

kc320
July 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
"We had a nice cozy little group posting everyday on our old thread. Hope it stays that way. I already see 44 "looks" on this new thread! "

Does that mean the group is a private/closed group and you do not want others to join?

Not at all...I think K2 just means she would like our Buckeye title back so that the others that were posting in the old thread can find it easier...:)

sasysutler
July 15th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I wish they would have left it alone..
Deb your package is on it's way.. you have email

KathieKata
July 15th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Oooops....Denese sorry that came out all wrong.
We love to have new people on this thread.

After all they let me post and I'm from MICHIGAN!! Ha ha.

I just would like to have the title changed.

kc320
July 15th, 2011, 09:55 AM
K2, Actually we CAN start a new thread here with the old Buckeye title...if you go to the main page of this you can see where it say's start new thread...I see we are not in Floataway lounge anymore...so there won't be as much traffic here..but we do get "credit" for our posts...so let's run those post counts up people...:D

KathieKata
July 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
KC: Thanks for the heads up on the thread.
I'll leave that up to somebody from OHIO to do!

And about running up the count....now you sound like some others else I use to know!! :D
Only they count up to the next 100 or even number and call that chatting!! Too funny.

Later.......I need to get outside and spread some peat moss on some of my plants to try and hold the moisture around them. Suppose to be into the 90's this weekend.

kc320
July 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
K2, make sure you wear a hat...and drink lot's of water while you are outside...;)

yeah..I'm going to leave the new thread starting to the Ohio gang too...
Come mike, Deb, Dave or one of you all...get movin!:D

mje
July 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2afebk3.jpg

just checking out to see what I can do. not using the test forum this time. I also had to copy word with paint.
be back this evening after running around.

kc320
July 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
mike..are those your roses? Beautiful!

mje
July 15th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Kc, yes they are my knock out roses. I deadheaded them a lot and think I over did it, they are very slow coming back. I don't think I'm supposed to dead head knock outs. I have a couplle more different knock outs and some bush roses.

Fatherdav
July 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
I HATE change!

But thanks to you guys, I found this new "location".

Looks like many of you have already figured it out.

Computer savy? I've got a hard time working a toaster. :D

Dave

sicsinohio
July 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM
We're not THAT hard to find...after all there IS a link, and hopefully other Ohio cruisers (and Buckeyes at heart) will also find us, like Deneses96 did. Hope we didn't scare you away Denese96...we're really actually a very friendly group, and not snobby at all!

Mike - I have three of those knockout rose bushes. They require a lot of deadheading if you want to keep them blooming. I deadhead weekly and sometimes it takes me a little while. But when they are in full bloom, they really are eye catching. I just wish the blooms would last a little longer and actually have a rose-y scent.

We have been having a neighborhood garage sale for the past two days, and we'll be open for business tomorrow, too. For all the work I put into gathering items to sell, pricing them, getting display tables and setting things out, getting change from the bank, writing ads, and then sitting there waiting for/on customers...I've made less than $50 so far. It's hardly worth the effort, and I won't be doing it again for a few years (at least). Can you tell I'm getting tired and cranky?

mje
July 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Sics, most things I have read about knock outs are they are self cleaning. I never dead headed them before and had a lot of continual blooms. I may cut them back or shape them in the spring .

How to Care for a Knock OutŪ Rose (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.conard-pyle.com%2Findex.cfm%2Ffuseaction%2Fkohome.showpag e%2FpageID%2F48%2Findex.htm&ei=7O8gTubDDYbz0gHO4fTEAw&usg=AFQjCNGeYaGuvpkEStWVF416diEW0da10A)

The lady that very patiently taught me how to swing dance broke her leg and Fay and I visited her tonight at a rehab center, then went to Pattie's for a short visit.

Yesterday I cut the lawn, trimmed and edged, then cleaned all of the tools. That is the first time in a long time that I did all of that in one day. I watered this AM, things are starting to get dry. I may have to water at Pattie's early next week.

Have a good week end.

Fatherdav
July 16th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Take a break today, Mike. I'm tired just from reading all you accomplished. Sorry to hear about your friends leg.

Sics; Sometimes you can make a killing at garage sales. Other times you just need to have a book to read.

KC &K2; We Buckeyes may just have to "outsource" getting the old title back to Florida or Michigan. :D

Dave

mje
July 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Dave. the most activity I'm doing today is eating supper.
Would it be possible and permitable to open up a new Buckeye thread in Floataway?
I didn't surf the other threads in floataway but always looked at them.
I'm off to do some heavy loafing.

kc320
July 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Dave. the most activity I'm doing today is eating supper.
Would it be possible and permitable to open up a new Buckeye thread in Floataway?
I didn't surf the other threads in floataway but always looked at them.
I'm off to do some heavy loafing.

mike, sounds like a good day for you...maybe read the paper..catch a nap..;) sorry about your friends leg..hope she is doing ok..
I think you should start a new thread in floataway...laura didn't say we HAD to stay here..just that by being here our post's counted..but that isn't a big deal to me..just let us know where you go..

sics, I've had a few yard sales like that too...so much work..for so little money... every time I swear I am loading up the leftovers & going to goodwill or somewhere...but I never seem to make it..

Denese96
July 16th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Oooops....Denese sorry that came out all wrong.
We love to have new people on this thread.

After all they let me post and I'm from MICHIGAN!! Ha ha.

I just would like to have the title changed.

WONDERFUL!!!!

I'll send the extra special message requesting the title of the group that got my attention be put back in place immediately! It is catchy!

Fatherdav
July 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hi Denese!

I still haven't quite figured out much about you, other than you are from Cleveland. Clue everybody in. Even post a picture so we can see who we're talking to. But not your driver's license picture. :eek:

I'm with you KC. I have no interest in how many posts people make. What do you get, a Kewpie doll after so many?

So Mike, what did you have for supper after your relaxing day? Hope it was something good. (Betcha that chocolate was part of the desert.)

Got a kick out of two phrases I didn't expect to hear today.

A reference to the TV show, "The Courtship Of Eddies Father". And the mention of having an FM converter in your car. (I had one of those.)

You are showing your age if you know what I'm talking about. :D

Dave

KathieKata
July 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Okay folks.....I took it upon 'myself' to open another "thread" with our OLD TITLE.

So look for it and then bookmark it in your favorites for easy fast opening. I just couldn't handle this "Welcome to your new home" everytime I opened this thread up.

Now go to the new thread and stop posting here!

Fatherdav
July 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Forwarding address; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1446505

:D