PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to your new home !

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

cruisin'low
January 21st, 2012, 01:16 PM
I heard(since I don't watch TV news etc) that 60 minutes had a report on last night about how dangerous cruises are with the assaults, fights, drinking etc. And how you are trapped on a ship once it sets sail. Now wait a minute, would I rather be on a ship or a plane that is failing. I've been on 58 cruises and have never seen anything that upset me. And if the reporters think things like that are bad then we should shut down every bar and college in this country. What a bunch of idiots.

[quote=cruisin'low;32064551]

Oh, to bad for Costa!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: My bil told me last week, that he was worried about me, on taking another cruise, said I should cancel, I said no I'm going, on Princess in May.

i totally agree with both of you. There is no reason in the world to cancel a cruise now. This was not even a mechanical issue or a human error. It was an idiotic, human lack of responsibility error. The Captain should have been disciplined the first time he took that route. i would much rather take a cruise than fly somewhere. But even flying does not scare me. I have been on 42 cruise with 458 days at sea and have never seen or experiened an incident that upset me either.
Sad to say but if many people cancel or do not book new cruises, the rates may be a great deal lower for the rest of us who will not give up cruising and enjoying it.

Grandpaul
January 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM
I'm looking for cruises right now. LOL.

Woobstr112G
January 21st, 2012, 08:17 PM
Good Saturday evening to all my fellow Emerald Alum. Just got home from work. I worked a little overtime on my day off. I did however earn my money as I worked as traffic car at the end of a rainstorm. I was watching over Edison as they repaired a telephone pole hit by a vehicle. As I was there, I observed two additional collisions caused by look-e-loos.

Hope are having a great weekend....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
January 21st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Off to see the twins tomorrow. One of them called and told me she curled her hair for me. I told her I would do the same thing. You should have heard her laugh.

cruisin'low
January 21st, 2012, 09:03 PM
Good Saturday evening to all my fellow Emerald Alum. Just got home from work. I worked a little overtime on my day off. I did however earn my money as I worked as traffic car at the end of a rainstorm. I was watching over Edison as they repaired a telephone pole hit by a vehicle. As I was there, I observed two additional collisions caused by look-e-loos.

Hope are having a great weekend....:):):)

Bob

Yup, when it rains out here, no one changes the way they drive and there are so many accidents all the time. Sure keeps your OT up when you have things like this happen.

cruisin'low
January 21st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Off to see the twins tomorrow. One of them called and told me she curled her hair for me. I told her I would do the same thing. You should have heard her laugh.

So very cute....her laughter. :D

Woobstr112G
January 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM
A special on the Costa disaster is coming on Fox News at 10:PM est. Geraldo is hosting. It will most likely be repeated over the rest of the weekend.....

Bob

gottagoacruzn
January 21st, 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi guys, I do crossword puzzles, and one puzzle I just ran across was a 3 letter word for Captain's journal, so I thought of "chicken!" Terrible huh?

cruisin'low
January 22nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hi guys, I do crossword puzzles, and one puzzle I just ran across was a 3 letter word for Captain's journal, so I thought of "chicken!" Terrible huh?

Nope; not terrible at all but it does not have 3 letters. How about PIG or another animal A- - ?

Woobstr112G
January 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Have a great Sunday everyone.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM

Nah,

Not at all.....:):D:)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Another black eye for te Carnival corporation.....:(:(:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-16671908

Bob

cruisin'low
January 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Another black eye for te Carnival corporation.....:(:(:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-16671908

Bob

What a absolute crime and a shame if this occurred and the fact that it went on for 5 years. That I do not understand at all.

Woobstr112G
January 22nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
What a absolute crime and a shame if this occurred and the fact that it went on for 5 years. That I do not understand at all.

It is very sad.....

Bob

Grandpaul
January 22nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Back from Long Island visiting my favorite relatives, and their parents. Great time. We watched a video of them opening their presents on Christmas Day. I don't know how many times I heard them say "They love their Grandparents". I have never felt more proud than I did then. Life is better than good, It is GREAT.

Grandpaul
January 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
I just read on another thread the cruise line with the sunken ship offered the passengers involved a 30% diso**** on another cruise. I wonder what they offered the ones that didn't survive? Up to 15 dead now. I just can't understand the whole thing.

Grandpaul
January 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
451 hours to go with lots of basketball games to fill the time and I hear there might even be a football game.

Woobstr112G
January 23rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Back from Long Island visiting my favorite relatives, and their parents. Great time. We watched a video of them opening their presents on Christmas Day. I don't know how many times I heard them say "They love their Grandparents". I have never felt more proud than I did then. Life is better than good, It is GREAT.

Glad you had a good time.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
I just read on another thread the cruise line with the sunken ship offered the passengers involved a 30% diso**** on another cruise. I wonder what they offered the ones that didn't survive? Up to 15 dead now. I just can't understand the whole thing.

I almost had to barf when I heard this.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 23rd, 2012, 09:29 PM
451 hours to go with lots of basketball games to fill the time and I hear there might even be a football game.

What football game would that be.....:D:):D

Bob

Grandpaul
January 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
What football game would that be.....:D:):D

Bob
Well, Joe Biden was right. The Giants are going to the Super Bowl.

Woobstr112G
January 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Well, Joe Biden was right. The Giants are going to the Super Bowl.

That's about the only thing he's been right on.....

Bob

Grandpaul
January 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM
That's about the only thing he's been right on.....

Bob
And he didn't know he was right.

Grandpaul
January 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Down to 411 hours till our next voyage. Got a good turnout for our Meet & Greet. Over 40 people now. Not as warm here today as it was yesterday. Joggers and motorcycles all over yesterday. Good taste of Spring. In January no less. The ole January thaw.

cruisin'low
January 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Down to 411 hours till our next voyage. Got a good turnout for our Meet & Greet. Over 40 people now. Not as warm here today as it was yesterday. Joggers and motorcycles all over yesterday. Good taste of Spring. In January no less. The ole January thaw.

Love those count down days especially after you get under 20 days and then 10 and then 5 days. So exciting.

Grandpaul
January 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Love those count down days especially after you get under 20 days and then 10 and then 5 days. So exciting.
I know. I know. I know.

Woobstr112G
January 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM

40 people has the makings of a good M & G.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM

As do I.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
January 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM
We just went under 400 hours. I've scheduled a few projects for the next couple weeks just to keep me busy. Might even include some painting. On second thought. Nooooo. Lots of hoop games coming up though. Just came from one. I have 9 games in the next 16 days.

cruisin'low
January 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
We just went under 400 hours. I've scheduled a few projects for the next couple weeks just to keep me busy. Might even include some painting. On second thought. Nooooo. Lots of hoop games coming up though. Just came from one. I have 9 games in the next 16 days.

That is lots of basketball but it is exciting

Woobstr112G
January 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Sounds like you got it all planned out.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
January 26th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you got it all planned out.....:):):)

Bob

Since Grandpaul does not pack, he needs something to keep him busy.
Bob - just sent you a joke on your email. I would post it here but it might not be appreciated.

Woobstr112G
January 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Since Grandpaul does not pack, he needs something to keep him busy.
Bob - just sent you a joke on your email. I would post it here but it might not be appreciated.

Ann;

That was too funny.....:):D:)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 26th, 2012, 10:17 PM
7 days and chage till I break the 400 days till my nrxt cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
January 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
7 days and chage till I break the 400 days till my nrxt cruise.....:):):)

Bob
I'm happy I'm not writing that. 15 days till mine. Tick tock, tick tock.

Woobstr112G
January 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm happy I'm not writing that. 15 days till mine. Tick tock, tick tock.

Someday I'll be saying that.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Have a great weekend everyone.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
January 27th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Someday I'll be saying that.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, someday I will be saying that too.

Woobstr112G
January 27th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, someday I will be saying that too.

Ann;

Your will come way before mine.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
January 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I'm kind of looking at a March cruise from Florida. Our cruisin friends are down there then and they need 5 more days to reach the top level for Princess cruise line before we do the Panama Canal cruise. So out of the kindness of my heart I have forced my self to maybe join them.

cruisin'low
January 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I'm kind of looking at a March cruise from Florida. Our cruisin friends are down there then and they need 5 more days to reach the top level for Princess cruise line before we do the Panama Canal cruise. So out of the kindness of my heart I have forced my self to maybe join them.

There really is no end to your generosity toward your friends. I know it will be such a hard ship for you to have to endure another cruise. But congratulations on scoring another cruise so quickly.

Grandpaul
January 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Just heard the cruise line is now offering the passengers on the sunken shipp, all their money back and $14000 each.

cruisin'low
January 28th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Just heard the cruise line is now offering the passengers on the sunken shipp, all their money back and $14000 each.

This is only for the survivors and not to the families who lost someone in the accident is it?

cruisin'low
January 28th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I just heard the news and the $14,000+ is just for the surviving passengers for their lost possessions and their time and suffering.

retiring soon
January 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi all!

Someday I'll be saying that too!;)

Grandpaul ~ wtg if you help your friends out that way!

Ann:cool: ~ hard to know what to think about $14,000!:confused: They're also offering to refund the cruise cost, pay for flights & replace lost items too aren't they? Wonder how they settled on that amount?

Have a nice weekend!

~ Jo ~ :)

Grandpaul
January 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM
[
Ann:cool: ~ hard to know what to think about $14,000!:confused: They're also offering to refund the cruise cost, pay for flights & replace lost items too aren't they? Wonder how they settled on that amount?

Probably figured they would start off low. I think the actions of the Captain, who is an officer of the comapny, makes them a lot more responsible.

Woobstr112G
January 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM

14K is pitiful. What were they thinking.....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM

I'm sure your arm was twisted real hard to book.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
January 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Now I see there is another death on a Carnival ship. This one in the Bahamas. Some 26 year old man apparently jumped from one floor to another. I am so glad I never drank on a cruise for a lot of reasons. But this type of action is the number one reason. I wonder if they are going to change the name of their cruise line to carnivore? Sorry I had to say that.

Woobstr112G
January 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Now I see there is another death on a Carnival ship. This one in the Bahamas. Some 26 year old man apparently jumped from one floor to another. I am so glad I never drank on a cruise for a lot of reasons. But this type of action is the number one reason. I wonder if they are going to change the name of their cruise line to carnivore? Sorry I had to say that.

Just read the story. Sad, very sad.....

Bob

cruisin'low
January 29th, 2012, 08:19 PM

Heard on the news this AM that some survivors have banded together and are suing for $435,000,000 +. Guess Carnival thought $14,000 was a large enough amount that each person could get some fast cash and get paid now and then they would go away. The huge lawsuit will drag on for years and the lawyers are the ones who are going to get very rich. I am really not sure what a fair amout would be to the survivors. Somewhere betwen the 2 numbers I guess. Wonder how all this loss of revenue is going to affect our Princess cruises in the future. And will insurance really cover all these lawsuits as well as the ship? I do not think so.

Grandpaul
January 29th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I think the survivors are asking high so they can bargain. I can't see why they would get a lot more than survivors of plane crashes etc. I'm sure insurance will cover a lot of the damage. You're right about hoping this doesn't effect Princess. I just find it hard to believe they are associated with Carnival. It took me a long time ot cruise on Princess because of that but I'm really glad I did.

Grandpaul
January 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM
A little under 286 hours till our next cruise. But who's bragging? In the 50's here on Wednesday. I might not get one day of skiing in this year. Oh well.

retiring soon
January 30th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Hi all!

I see on the CC home page that a passenger on RCI fell down the stairs & died. Maybe cruising is dangerous! Been a really bad month !:eek:

grandpaul ~ it's supposed to be warm here too. We're wondering if the reach out back will freeze this year, if not it'll be a first! A little over 336 hours 'til I'm enjoying my 1st fruity drink.;)

Take care.

Woobstr112G
January 31st, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hope all have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Heard on the news this AM that some survivors have banded together and are suing for $435,000,000 +. Guess Carnival thought $14,000 was a large enough amount that each person could get some fast cash and get paid now and then they would go away. The huge lawsuit will drag on for years and the lawyers are the ones who are going to get very rich. I am really not sure what a fair amout would be to the survivors. Somewhere betwen the 2 numbers I guess. Wonder how all this loss of revenue is going to affect our Princess cruises in the future. And will insurance really cover all these lawsuits as well as the ship? I do not think so.

The lawyers will definetely get rich. I'm guessing at least 5 years......

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 31st, 2012, 09:23 AM
I think the survivors are asking high so they can bargain. I can't see why they would get a lot more than survivors of plane crashes etc. I'm sure insurance will cover a lot of the damage. You're right about hoping this doesn't effect Princess. I just find it hard to believe they are associated with Carnival. It took me a long time ot cruise on Princess because of that but I'm really glad I did.

For a number of years I thought about sailing on Costa or MSC. Needless to say that's never gonna happen.....

Bob

Woobstr112G
January 31st, 2012, 09:25 AM
A little under 286 hours till our next cruise. But who's bragging? In the 50's here on Wednesday. I might not get one day of skiing in this year. Oh well.

Hi all!

I see on the CC home page that a passenger on RCI fell down the stairs & died. Maybe cruising is dangerous! Been a really bad month !:eek:

grandpaul ~ it's supposed to be warm here too. We're wondering if the reach out back will freeze this year, if not it'll be a first! A little over 336 hours 'til I'm enjoying my 1st fruity drink.;)

Take care.

You both are bragging, no fair.....:D:):D

Bob

retiring soon
January 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi all!

Bob ~ sorry if it seemed like bragging, I was just casually mentionning it!;) From what I'd heard from others MSC or Costa was never in my plans. I hate hearing announcements in
1 language never mind 4!!

Have a nice day, a snow covered one here.

Grandpaul
January 31st, 2012, 01:05 PM
For a number of years I thought about sailing on Costa or MSC. Needless to say that's never gonna happen.....

Bob
Me either.

Grandpaul
January 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM
You both are bragging, no fair.....:D:):D

Bob
Hey, it's taken me over 60 years to find something to brag about and I'm going to do it. LOL. Funny Granddaughter story. My 8 year old twin girls, Molly and Riley live on Long Island. Their parents are trying to be a little strict with them and they want the best education they can get for them. Thursday night they were sitting having dinner and Mom, Lisa, got up and started to clean out their backpacks from school. She said "I can't believe I'm seeing this" about something in Rileys backpack. Mark thought she found a bad test result. She showed it to Mark. It was a book titled "The History of NASCAR Tracks". Lisa said to Riley "I can't believe you are reading this stuff". Riley amswered "And there's more where that came from". You know it is very hard to laugh for 5 straight days.

Grandpaul
January 31st, 2012, 10:29 PM
253 hours to go with 10 days of 6 hours sleep so I'm actually under 200 hours. Beautiful day today and even warmer tomorrow. I heard 2 completely different long range forecasts for our sail away day. SHows how reliable they are. I really don't care as long as the weather doesn't stop me from getting to the ship. Just in case I do have a snowmobile. I wonder if the parking lot will allow that? LOL.

Grandpaul
February 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
237 hours to go. Move it clock. Great Northeast. 60 degrees right now and snow flurries tonight. Gotta love it.

Woobstr112G
February 1st, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hi all!

Bob ~ sorry if it seemed like bragging, I was just casually mentionning it!;) From what I'd heard from others MSC or Costa was never in my plans. I hate hearing announcements in
1 language never mind 4!!

Have a nice day, a snow covered one here.

Jo;

Glad you got some snow.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 1st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hey, it's taken me over 60 years to find something to brag about and I'm going to do it. LOL. Funny Granddaughter story. My 8 year old twin girls, Molly and Riley live on Long Island. Their parents are trying to be a little strict with them and they want the best education they can get for them. Thursday night they were sitting having dinner and Mom, Lisa, got up and started to clean out their backpacks from school. She said "I can't believe I'm seeing this" about something in Rileys backpack. Mark thought she found a bad test result. She showed it to Mark. It was a book titled "The History of NASCAR Tracks". Lisa said to Riley "I can't believe you are reading this stuff". Riley amswered "And there's more where that came from". You know it is very hard to laugh for 5 straight days.

Definetely a great gradaughter story.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
253 hours to go with 10 days of 6 hours sleep so I'm actually under 200 hours. Beautiful day today and even warmer tomorrow. I heard 2 completely different long range forecasts for our sail away day. SHows how reliable they are. I really don't care as long as the weather doesn't stop me from getting to the ship. Just in case I do have a snowmobile. I wonder if the parking lot will allow that? LOL.

See if you can bring the snowmobile onboard.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
237 hours to go. Move it clock. Great Northeast. 60 degrees right now and snow flurries tonight. Gotta love it.

Snow is such a foriegn word to me at the moment.....:(:(:(

Bob

Grandpaul
February 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
See if you can bring the snowmobile onboard.....:):):)

Bob
Maybe I can change into a jet ski. I have driven a snowmobile over water. Not far but I did and didn't sink it. On purpose too.

Woobstr112G
February 2nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe I can change into a jet ski. I have driven a snowmobile over water. Not far but I did and didn't sink it. On purpose too.

I bet that was a real Kodak moment.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I could see that on Americas Home Videos now. Easily win the ten grand. For you Californians, looks like Joe Biden was right. The Giants did go to the Super Bowl. I can't wait for the game to be over with. That's all I hear about. Also I would be under a week till our cruise too. Maybe next year I'll take a 2 week cruise before the SUper Bowl so I don't have to hear about it.

Woobstr112G
February 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
I could see that on Americas Home Videos now. Easily win the ten grand. For you Californians, looks like Joe Biden was right. The Giants did go to the Super Bowl. I can't wait for the game to be over with. That's all I hear about. Also I would be under a week till our cruise too. Maybe next year I'll take a 2 week cruise before the SUper Bowl so I don't have to hear about it.

At least he was right about something......:D:D:D

Bob

Grandpaul
February 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
True. But he doesn't know it.

192 hours to go. Geeez.

cruisin'low
February 3rd, 2012, 01:11 PM

How could it not sink? Would loved to have seen that picture.

cruisin'low
February 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM

There really has been too much hype for this game but there are lots of fans who live for Super Bowl Day. I find the commercials usually better than the game but they are hyping the commercials too much also.

cruisin'low
February 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
I thought this was great. It was sent to me in an email.

“With all the kindness I can muster, I give this advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event:
Save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts.
Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten — straight up, no styling.
Sing it with awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world.
Don’t make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.
Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love — not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from the costumes, the makeup and the entourages.
Sing “The Star Spangled Banner” with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America , not you.”

retiring soon
February 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hi all!

Ann:cool: ~ I agree! Why do they have to fool around with the National Anthem?
I am not a sports fan so my only interest in the game might be the commercials (or not).;)

Have a great weekend!

cruisin'low
February 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hi all!

Ann:cool: ~ I agree! Why do they have to fool around with the National Anthem?
I am not a sports fan so my only interest in the game might be the commercials (or not).;)

Have a great weekend!

Thanks Jo for your positive comments on the National Anthem.
I am going to a Super bowl party so I will tape the whol game but only so I can watch the commercials when I get home. Always so much noise at the party that you cannot hear the commercials or the 1/2 time show.
You have a fantastic weekend too.

Grandpaul
February 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
How could it not sink? Would loved to have seen that picture.
If you ride them fast enough and keep them level you can ride over water. Just don't let up on the throttle. I've seen them sink. I guess you could call that "flooding the engine".

Grandpaul
February 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Did you hear it snowed in Rome, Italy today?

Woobstr112G
February 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yahooo.....Cracked the 400 day mark till my next cruise......:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 3rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
There really has been too much hype for this game but there are lots of fans who live for Super Bowl Day. I find the commercials usually better than the game but they are hyping the commercials too much also.

The commercials are definetely cool:) It sure was fun watching last year's game while we were sailing on the Golden.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
I thought this was great. It was sent to me in an email.

“With all the kindness I can muster, I give this advice to the next pop star who is asked to sing the national anthem at a sporting event:
Save the vocal gymnastics and the physical gyrations for your concerts.
Just sing this song the way you were taught to sing it in kindergarten — straight up, no styling.
Sing it with awareness that there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines watching you from bases and outposts all over the world.
Don’t make them cringe with your self-centered ego gratification.
Sing it as if you are standing before a row of 86-year-old WWII vets wearing their Purple Hearts, Silver Stars and flag pins on their cardigans and you want them to be proud of you for honoring them and the country they love — not because you want them to think you are a superstar musician. They could see that from the costumes, the makeup and the entourages.
Sing “The Star Spangled Banner” with the courtesy and humility that tells the audience that it is about America , not you.”

Ann;

So true.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Did you hear it snowed in Rome, Italy today?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/12/1265979117296/A-nun-walks-in-St.-Peters-002.jpg

Amayzing.....

Bob

cruisin'low
February 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/2/12/1265979117296/A-nun-walks-in-St.-Peters-002.jpg

Amayzing.....

Bob

i knew it was very cold all over Europe but did not realize that it snowed in Rome.

Grandpaul
February 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
According to my friend that rune Rome In Limo that was the first snow they've had since the 60's. She was just going to take her dog out for a walk and see how he reacted to it. That should be funny.

Woobstr112G
February 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
According to my friend that rune Rome In Limo that was the first snow they've had since the 60's. She was just going to take her dog out for a walk and see how he reacted to it. That should be funny.

I bet. Let us know what she says.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 4th, 2012, 10:05 AM

With all the traffic in Rome, I wonder how they coped with the snow. They are terribel drivers anyway for the most part and I can only imagine lots and lots of accidents.

Grandpaul
February 4th, 2012, 10:51 AM
With all the traffic in Rome, I wonder how they coped with the snow. They are terribel drivers anyway for the most part and I can only imagine lots and lots of accidents.
I thought the drivers in Rome were the worst I've ever seen. Even worse than New York City. But then we took a 2 day tour of Egypt. WOW. Really awful. I think that's what sparked all the riots over there. LOL,

cruisin'low
February 4th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I thought the drivers in Rome were the worst I've ever seen. Even worse than New York City. But then we took a 2 day tour of Egypt. WOW. Really awful. I think that's what sparked all the riots over there. LOL,

Great observation. That very well could have been the issue.

Grandpaul
February 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I bet. Let us know what she says.....:):):)

Bob
Just heard from Jany. She said the dog went nuts. Loved the snow. Maybe I'll send some over to her next year. Can't do it this year.

cruisin'low
February 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Just heard from Jany. She said the dog went nuts. Loved the snow. Maybe I'll send some over to her next year. Can't do it this year.

Maybe she needs to ship some snow to you so that you can ski. Alaska can send you lots of the white stuff too as well as Serbia and Bosnia.

Grandpaul
February 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe she needs to ship some snow to you so that you can ski. Alaska can send you lots of the white stuff too as well as Serbia and Bosnia.
The weather's been cold enought o make snow and they can cover a mountain in a day. I don't think I weant to go skiing less than aa week from our cruise. Why take the chance. Plenty of time when we get back. Hey, if I'm going to go downhill I might as well enjoy it.

Woobstr112G
February 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Yikes;

Noro on both the Ruby & Crown.....:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/04/2-florida-bound-cruise-ship-liners-hit-by-fast-spreading-virus/

Bob

cruisin'low
February 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM
The weather's been cold enought o make snow and they can cover a mountain in a day. I don't think I weant to go skiing less than aa week from our cruise. Why take the chance. Plenty of time when we get back. Hey, if I'm going to go downhill I might as well enjoy it.

I agree. . . .stay off skis right now and go for it after the cruise.

cruisin'low
February 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yikes;

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/04/2-florida-bound-cruise-ship-liners-hit-by-fast-spreading-virus/

Bob

Not good but it is the cold and flu season.:mad:

Grandpaul
February 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Yikes;

Bob
That's all Carnival needs right now. I better sell my stock.

cruisin'low
February 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
That's all Carnival needs right now. I better sell my stock.

BTW, which ship are you going on next week.?

Grandpaul
February 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
BTW, which ship are you going on next week.?
We're going on NCL's Jewel. Been on it several times before. I went and got my train tickets today so we're all set. Not too excited. 136 hours till we board.

cruisin'low
February 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM
We're going on NCL's Jewel. Been on it several times before. I went and got my train tickets today so we're all set. Not too excited. 136 hours till we board.

Super duper. Good for you

cruisin'low
February 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Is everyone happy with the outcome of yesterdays big game? I really did watch the game - at least most of it. But loved the commercials.

Grandpaul
February 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I watched the first half. I might have mentioned the Giants Summer Camp is right across the street from my house. I don't watch too many pro games anymore though. Give me college any day. Also, Americas Home Videos came on so for me there's no choice. LOL. I did see some commercials and liked them. More than the game actually. LOL. 116 hours to go. There's a website, nyharborwebcam, that you can see our ship leaving NY Saturday at 4 PM EST. Takes an hour to get to the Verrazano bridge. There's usually more than one ship leaving then so it's quite a sight. You can see the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. Pretty impressive sight.

retiring soon
February 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi all!

Ann:cool: ~I saw some commercials this morning on MSN & enjoyed them without having to see the game!;)

Grandpaul ~ I'll keep a look out for your ship sailing out of NYC. That's something I hope to do one day. The other day you mentionned stocks & I just see my RCI stock is going up, isn't that strange (but good)?!:confused:

I see on Evie's FB that she's expecting a baby boy! How nice for them to have one of each!:D

A week from tonight we'll be flying to Panama! Yippee!

Ciao

Woobstr112G
February 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM

NCL:eek: The horror.....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hi all!

Ann:cool: ~I saw some commercials this morning on MSN & enjoyed them without having to see the game!;)

Grandpaul ~ I'll keep a look out for your ship sailing out of NYC. That's something I hope to do one day. The other day you mentionned stocks & I just see my RCI stock is going up, isn't that strange (but good)?!:confused:

I see on Evie's FB that she's expecting a baby boy! How nice for them to have one of each!:D

Ciao

Jo;

Great news about Evie. Have a great time in, hopefully not tooooooo humid, Panama.....:)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Is everyone happy with the outcome of yesterdays big game? I really did watch the game - at least most of it. But loved the commercials.

Ann;

I was working yesterday and only saw the last three minutes of the game. But oh my word, what an outstanding last three minutes.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
NCL:eek: The horror.....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob
Yeah, I know. I've been through that horror 38 times now. LOL. Down to 110 hours till we board. We're having a great thread for our M&G. We have 65 people coming. Lots of nice people. Some from Germany, Canada, and even a weird couple from Albany. Maybe that's redundant.

Jo, have a super time. Check out the Canal for us for our cruise through it in October. Can't wait for that.

Glad about Evie too. She'll have her hands full but I'm pretty sure she can handle it.

gottagoacruzn
February 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Some of the commercials were better than the game. The Doritos Sling Baby commercial, one of the ladies at my work, someone at her church did that video, got a million $$$, four tickets to the superbowl! Wanted the Pats to win, but...:(

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I know. I've been through that horror 38 times now. LOL. Down to 110 hours till we board. We're having a great thread for our M&G. We have 65 people coming. Lots of nice people. Some from Germany, Canada, and even a weird couple from Albany. Maybe that's redundant.

Jo, have a super time. Check out the Canal for us for our cruise through it in October. Can't wait for that.

Glad about Evie too. She'll have her hands full but I'm pretty sure she can handle it.

Lucky you.....:):):)

Bob

retiring soon
February 7th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hi all!

Grandpaul & Bob ~ I'll pass on your commerts to Evie. Poor girl didn't care what was served for SuperBowl as she can't keep anything down!:eek:

All kidding aside about NCL I really like their product. 4 of my 20 cruises ( I'm a relative cruise virgin compared to some of you!;)) have been on their ships & my next one will be too. I also really like X but the others were great too!

TTFN

Grandpaul
February 7th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I haven't been on a bad cruise yet. And that includes 2 Carnival ships. Under 100 hours now till we're off again.

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hi all!

Ciao

Jo,
Have an incredible time. I know you will. Not that any of you watch the Bachelor but the show was in Panama City last night. What a huge city. I absolutley had no idea it was so large. They all stayed in a Hotel owned by Donald Trump. It was beautiful.

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I watched the first half. I might have mentioned the Giants Summer Camp is right across the street from my house. I don't watch too many pro games anymore though. Give me college any day. Also, Americas Home Videos came on so for me there's no choice. LOL. I did see some commercials and liked them. More than the game actually. LOL. 116 hours to go. There's a website, nyharborwebcam, that you can see our ship leaving NY Saturday at 4 PM EST. Takes an hour to get to the Verrazano bridge. There's usually more than one ship leaving then so it's quite a sight. You can see the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. Pretty impressive sight.

I am going to put that time on my Saturday calendar and perhaps be able to see your sail away. So that would be 1:00 PM west coast time. Thanks for the info. I will be waving to you and hope that you have a fantastic voyage. I have also sailedd out of and into the New Yoork harbor. What a great sight going by the Statue of Liberty and under the bridges. Gives ya goose bumps.

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Ann;

I was working yesterday and only saw the last three minutes of the game. But oh my word, what an outstanding last three minutes.....:):):)

Bob

Right Bob. That was a very exciting ending.

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I haven't been on a bad cruise yet. And that includes 2 Carnival ships. Under 100 hours now till we're off again.

Totally agree. . . . there may be a few things I do not like about a cruise but none of them have been terrible. Cruising beats staying home and working for sure. :D

Grandpaul
February 7th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yes Ann, 1 PM West Coast time. ANd I think with the people I've been conversing with on Cruise Critic, it will be a great voyage. Under 4 days till we board.

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Yes Ann, 1 PM West Coast time. ANd I think with the people I've been conversing with on Cruise Critic, it will be a great voyage. Under 4 days till we board.

Has Mary Lou finished the packing yet? ? ? ?

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM

Sweet.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Right Bob. That was a very exciting ending.

Glad my home state team won.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Check this stuff out. A hand sanitizer designed for the cruise industry to kill Noro.....

http://www.germstar.com/us/index.php?pg=sanitizers&sub=2

Bob

cruisin'low
February 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Check this stuff out. A hand sanitizer designed for the cruise industry to kill Noro.....

http://www.germstar.com/us/index.php?pg=sanitizers&sub=2

Bob

Quick, we should buy stock in this Company as Princess as well as the rest of the Carnival Companies should buy lots and lots of this stuff. But 63% alcohol base. Very very drying to hands.

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Quick, we should buy stock in this Company as Princess as well as the rest of the Carnival Companies should buy lots and lots of this stuff. But 63% alcohol base. Very very drying to hands.

True, but I'll take dry hands if it will kill Noro.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 7th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Check out this website. Seems pretty cool.....:):):)

http://beyondships.com/

Bob

Grandpaul
February 7th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Has Mary Lou finished the packing yet? ? ? ?
Are you kidding. We leave the house in 79 hours so she won't be done for another 78 1/2 hours.

retiring soon
February 8th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Hi all!

Grandpaul ~ I see Mary Lou packs like me, last minute!;)

Ann:cool: ~ I haven't watched the Bachelor this season as I'm getting tired of it but did see on these boards that it would be in Panama so I watched. I was totally amazed at Panama City, (looked like a mini NYC or Dubai) so hope I can take an excursion there from my hotel. I also might go to the Embera Village & Monkey Island. Just like on a cruise I want to see things not relax, I do enough of that at home!:D

Have a nice day folks!

~ Jo~ :)

cruisin'low
February 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Hi all!

Ann:cool: ~ I haven't watched the Bachelor this season as I'm getting tired of it but did see on these boards that it would be in Panama so I watched. I was totally amazed at Panama City, (looked like a mini NYC or Dubai) so hope I can take an excursion there from my hotel. I also might go to the Embera Village & Monkey Island. Just like on a cruise I want to see things not relax, I do enough of that at home!:D

Have a nice day folks!

~ Jo~ :)

Jo,
You will have to give us a full report when you get back. Sounds like a great place to travel. A few weeks ago I helped some friends who are not at all computer knowledgeable set up a Panama Canal cruise. We also wet on line ad choose all their tours. There was a great sounding tour that took a train out to the Canal and ran along side the canal. Would sure give a different perspective to be on the ground near the canal rather than 14 stories up on a cruise ship.
Have a wonderful time.

Grandpaul
February 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hi all!

Ann~ Jo~ :)
No, Mary Lou takes TILL the last minute to pack. LOL. 70 hours till we board. I gotta get outta here. Looks like 35 degrees and snow flurries as we're leaving. Good reminder of why we're heading to Florida and the Bahamas.

Woobstr112G
February 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM
For those who may have not seen it, on the main princess boards there was a post that stated the first pictures/videos of the new Royal would be released Valentines day on the princess website. Will be under the title "Royal Reveals.":):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Are you kidding. We leave the house in 79 hours so she won't be done for another 78 1/2 hours.

Don't let her see your post or you might be in a little trouble.....:):D:)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
No, Mary Lou takes TILL the last minute to pack. LOL. 70 hours till we board. I gotta get outta here. Looks like 35 degrees and snow flurries as we're leaving. Good reminder of why we're heading to Florida and the Bahamas.

But you'll miss all that wonderful snow.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
But you'll miss all that wonderful snow.....:):):)

Bob
We have a couple ski trips lined up when we get back. Didn't want to risk them before a cruise. Looks lik eit's going to be pretty cold while we're away so there will be tons of man made snow. Not as good as the real thing but good enough for my ability. Then in April off to France and Portugal.

cruisin'low
February 8th, 2012, 08:33 PM
We have a couple ski trips lined up when we get back. Didn't want to risk them before a cruise. Looks lik eit's going to be pretty cold while we're away so there will be tons of man made snow. Not as good as the real thing but good enough for my ability. Then in April off to France and Portugal.

Well the snow for sure will not be piling up under your feet. Good for you.

Grandpaul
February 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
[/b][/color][/size]

Well the snow for sure will not be piling up under your feet. Good for you.
Ann, if we can have snow in October like we did this year we could probably have it in April. But we're not leaving till the second half of April so I strongly doubt it. We're down to 62 hours for this upcoming cruise.

Woobstr112G
February 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM

You must have a gazillion frequent flyer miles.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Half a gazillion. Along with our Southwest card. Haven't paid for a plane ticket in quite a while. Not directly anyway.

44 hours and 19 minutes till we board. 18, 17

Woobstr112G
February 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Half a gazillion. Along with our Southwest card. Haven't paid for a plane ticket in quite a while. Not directly anyway.

44 hours and 19 minutes till we board. 18, 17

16, 15, 14, 13.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 9th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Great new webcam for Ft. Lauderdale. Right now there's a night time view of a princess ship at dock.....:):):)

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Bob

retiring soon
February 10th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hi all!

Bob ~ thanks for that link!:D Looks like a gloomy day there in FLL, much like here.

Grandpaul ~ do you take the train today? Hope to see you sailing away tomorrow.

I'll be ironing today in preparation for packing tomorrow. Panama here we come in 72 hours or so!!;)

Have a great weekend!

cruisin'low
February 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Grandpaul,
Have a fantastic train ride to NYC and enjoy the cruise.

Jo,
Finish up ironing and packing as you will be off soon.

Bob and I will hold down the fort here while you are all gone. Do you think either of you will check in here occasioanlly?

Bob - Have a wonderful weekeknd especailly if you do not have to work. I have a very busy weekend with a Pizza Party at our Club tonight; high tea at a tea room tomorrow with my Red Hat group and a play in Fullerton on Sunday. Doesn't beat a cruise but keeps me busy.:rolleyes:

cruisin'low
February 10th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Great new webcam for Ft. Lauderdale. Right now there's a night time view of a princess ship at dock.....:):):)

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Bob

And now I know why the Crown Princess was at the dock all night..... it came back 2 days early due to the niro virus and is being scrubbed from top to bottom. I thought it strange that it was there all night but just listened to the Today Show and they had a reporter there explaining what was going on. Terrible thing once it gets on a ship. Feel sorry for the people whose cruise was cut short.

Grandpaul
February 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, Princess has 2 ships with the noro. I was on one ship that had that but we didn't get ill. We're taking the train in 19 hours and 54 minutes. 53 by the time I get done with this. Little bit of snow in NY tomorrow but I think it's going to warm up enough to turn to rain. I see Florida is getting dumped on but it's supposed to stop by the time we get there.

cruisin'low
February 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, Princess has 2 ships with the noro. I was on one ship that had that but we didn't get ill. We're taking the train in 19 hours and 54 minutes. 53 by the time I get done with this. Little bit of snow in NY tomorrow but I think it's going to warm up enough to turn to rain. I see Florida is getting dumped on but it's supposed to stop by the time we get there.

Sounds like there should be good weather for your cruise then. Hope it is not raining or snowing when you board the ship for your cruise and that the train ride will be enjoyable.

Grandpaul
February 10th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Just talked to my oldest son, Mark, who lives outsid eof NYC a bit. He has the twin daughters. If his schedule allows them he will bring them into NYC for a surprise breakfast with Mary Lou tomorrow. WOuldn't that be a nice send off.

Now, I was just reading our thread for our cruise and the girl doing all the work had an interesting post. She said one of the people in our M&G is a big deal with the NY Giants and he's going to bring the Lombardi trophy to the party. That's the trophy the Super Bowl winners get. Sure beats a pot of coffee. Now I have to get my camera in working order. We'll see what happens.

Grandpaul
February 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
13 hours and we board the Jewel. Not too excited. Just found out 3 friends of mine are on this cruise too. Can't believe the Mother is going. Last year she went thru 3 of the roughest operations I have heard about and she's doing great. What a story she is. With her luck and strength, you know I'm bringing her to the casino.

cruisin'low
February 11th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Just talked to my oldest son, Mark, who lives outsid eof NYC a bit. He has the twin daughters. If his schedule allows them he will bring them into NYC for a surprise breakfast with Mary Lou tomorrow. WOuldn't that be a nice send off.

Now, I was just reading our thread for our cruise and the girl doing all the work had an interesting post. She said one of the people in our M&G is a big deal with the NY Giants and he's going to bring the Lombardi trophy to the party. That's the trophy the Super Bowl winners get. Sure beats a pot of coffee. Now I have to get my camera in working order. We'll see what happens.

That would be amazing if he brought the trophy. I can hardly believe that the trophy would leave NY this soon after the win. Well, you wil have lots of stories to tell about it when you get back.
And yes, that lady should bring you lots of luck in the casino. Break the bank. Own that ship! ! ! ! ! :D

Woobstr112G
February 11th, 2012, 08:12 AM

Enjoy the train ride and have a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 11th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 11th, 2012, 08:38 AM
13 hours and we board the Jewel. Not too excited. Just found out 3 friends of mine are on this cruise too. Can't believe the Mother is going. Last year she went thru 3 of the roughest operations I have heard about and she's doing great. What a story she is. With her luck and strength, you know I'm bringing her to the casino.

Good for her:) Sounds like a sure fire plan for winning.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Got taxes done yesterday and did very well. Soon as the money get's into my account, I'll be paying off next year's cruise to Hawaii......:):):)

cruisin'low
February 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Got taxes done yesterday and did very well. Soon as the money get's into my account, I'll be paying off next year's cruise to Hawaii......:):):)

Good for you Bob. What a great feeling that will be.

retiring soon
February 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hi all!

Grandpaul ~ safe travels & bon voyage!:D

Bob ~ WTG always nice to get a large refund!

Ann:cool: ~ sounds like you have a busy fun weekend planned, enjoy!

I had a nice trip ecard from Joyce & Bob today.

Have a great weekend. Don't know if I'll be on the computer at all next week, guess it depends on their internet signal/price.

cruisin'low
February 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi all!

Have a great weekend. Don't know if I'll be on the computer at all next week, guess it depends on their internet signal/price.

Jo,
Have a fantstic time and you can relate all the details when you get back.

Woobstr112G
February 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Good for you Bob. What a great feeling that will be.

Hi all!

Ann & Jo;

It sure will be nice to have the cruise paid off; just wish it wasn't 391 days till we sail:D I'm also going to be paying off a loan from my credit union. The $300.00 a month, starting next month, that was my loan payment will from here on out be a cruise savings account. I'm hoping that next year's tax return will go to pay off the T/A cruise on the Royal; that is if they have one.

Take Care All.....:):)

Bob

retiring soon
February 11th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi again!

I watched the NY cruise cam & it looked to me like it was raining. I believe I saw Grandpaul's ship.
The NCL webcam always just had the ship at the dock. Sure is a lot of ship action in that harbour!:eek:

Bob ~ great,paying off the loan too. Best to have no debt when heading to retirement.:D

WelI sure wish I had a Mary Lou to pack but have managed to put a few things in the suitcase, still have some time tomorrow.;)

TTFN

cruisin'low
February 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi again!

I watched the NY cruise cam & it looked to me like it was raining. I believe I saw Grandpaul's ship.
The NCL webcam always just had the ship at the dock. Sure is a lot of ship action in that harbour!:eek:

Bob ~ great,paying off the loan too. Best to have no debt when heading to retirement.:D

WelI sure wish I had a Mary Lou to pack but have managed to put a few things in the suitcase, still have some time tomorrow.;)

TTFN

I was at my Red Hat tea and did not get to tune into the webcam in NYC harbor with Grandpaul's hsip left today.

I agree with you, we need a Mary Lou to do our packing for us. I actually do not mind packing to come home from a trip because everythig is just thrown in the suitcase and sorted when I get home. But packing to go is always so neat and precise. Plus I hate to think that I may have left something behind.

Jo, you will get it done in time and then can relax and enjoy the trip.

Woobstr112G
February 12th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Good Sunday morning to all. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm out getting Holli some breakfast. After that some grocery shopping before heading to work for some overtime.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Good Sunday morning to all. Hope everyone has a great day. I'm out getting Holli some breakfast. After that some grocery shopping before heading to work for some overtime.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

Jo - keep packing

Bob - have a great day . . .no rain and lots of sunshine. Take care at work.

Grandpaul
February 12th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Had a nice sailaway yesterday but it was a little cold. No rain though. Just a little overcast. Same great sight going under the bridge. Rough seas today which enabled me to sleep like a log last night. Smooth sailing at the crap table. Won a grand. Now I have to see if I can stay away from the table for the rest of the cruise. My favorite Hotel Director is onboard and it's good to see him again. The Captain gave a little talk before the first show last night. He said "I want everyone to be rest assured that I do not have any friends that live along the coast". Had a great M&G with over 45 people there. From all over the world. Turned out that two of the spouses who didn't converse of our thread went to elementary school together. You never know. Hitting Port Canaveral tomorrow and I get to paint at Mary Lou's twin sister's house. Can't get any better than that. I'll check back in later on. Everyone have a great time. I am.

cruisin'low
February 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Had a nice sailaway yesterday but it was a little cold. No rain though. Just a little overcast. Same great sight going under the bridge. Rough seas today which enabled me to sleep like a log last night. Smooth sailing at the crap table. Won a grand. Now I have to see if I can stay away from the table for the rest of the cruise. My favorite Hotel Director is onboard and it's good to see him again. The Captain gave a little talk before the first show last night. He said "I want everyone to be rest assured that I do not have any friends that live along the coast". Had a great M&G with over 45 people there. From all over the world. Turned out that two of the spouses who didn't converse of our thread went to elementary school together. You never know. Hitting Port Canaveral tomorrow and I get to paint at Mary Lou's twin sister's house. Can't get any better than that. I'll check back in later on. Everyone have a great time. I am.

Thanks for the update on the sail away and what has been going on so far. And a BIG CONGRATS on the win at the crap table. Good for you. That is wonderful news.:D
Are you really ging to spend the day in Port Canaveral tomorrow painting? Does not sound like fun to me. I bet you are the only person on that ship who is going to do that the entire cruise. What a distinction.
The coincidence about the 2 guys going to the same grammar school just once again points out that this is indeed a small, small world.
Keep on having a wonderful time.

Woobstr112G
February 12th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Glad you had a great sailaway. Looking forward to reading your reports. Enjoy.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Just finished up my painting. Not exactly sure but I think it compares with the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Just, it's on cabinet doors. Nice smooth sailinge into Canaveral today after the rough seas the last day or so. But the Captain warned and he was exactly right. I've never seen the ocean like it was yesterday. The whole thing looked like it was steaming. I have some pics of it. I heard there are 17 new crew members on board. I think I saw one last night. Some guy carrying a tray with dozens of dishes on it dropped it. You never heard such a sound in your life. Everybody cheered. Good entertainment on board. They have their own version of Deal or No Deal now and you actually win money as do some audience members. I ran into my favorite Hotel Manager and he's buying us a couple meals in the Pay restaurants. We're heading back to the ship[ around 7:30. The twins are working on their French and Spanish for our European trip in April. I wonder how you say "McDonalds" in French or Spanish?

Woobstr112G
February 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Just finished up my painting. Not exactly sure but I think it compares with the Sistine Chapel ceiling. Just, it's on cabinet doors. Nice smooth sailinge into Canaveral today after the rough seas the last day or so. But the Captain warned and he was exactly right. I've never seen the ocean like it was yesterday. The whole thing looked like it was steaming. I have some pics of it. I heard there are 17 new crew members on board. I think I saw one last night. Some guy carrying a tray with dozens of dishes on it dropped it. You never heard such a sound in your life. Everybody cheered. Good entertainment on board. They have their own version of Deal or No Deal now and you actually win money as do some audience members. I ran into my favorite Hotel Manager and he's buying us a couple meals in the Pay restaurants. We're heading back to the ship[ around 7:30. The twins are working on their French and Spanish for our European trip in April. I wonder how you say "McDonalds" in French or Spanish?

Paul;

So glad you're having a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Princess just released some new videos on the new Royal Princess. What a beautiful ship. They also announced the first few itineraries to include the innaugral T/A in Oct 2013. Yahooooooooo:) I called my T/A and told her to book me a mini as soon as pricing is released next month. Ann, Paul, and Jo I think you should do the same. Would be great to sail with you again.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 16th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Jo - you must be really busy with the last minute preparations and packing. Have a wonderful trip.

I am going to post a little story that Grandpaul sent to me via email. This sounds so typical of him and is so funny.

Funny story from last night. There is a lounge up top in the front of the ship that serves multiple purposes. I walked into it a few days ago and they have one of those video blackjack games that has the video of a pretty girl ready to deal blackjack. As I walked by it the voice said "Will you play with me"? Mary Lou and I had a couple laughs about that. So last night there was a show in that room featuring some woman hypnotist. She got some volunteers on stage and went thru some instructions and I'm thinking to myself "I'm getting bored". I was thinking about leaving as she said "Okay, I need complete silence from the audience" as I got up. I took a few steps toward the door and then all you could hear was "Will you play with me?". I'm still laughing.
The seas are calm today my friend but we're heading in the wrong direction.

We got pounded yesterday with lots of rain. Would not be surprised if Bob got snow in his area as it was so cold.

Bon Voyage Jo and Grandpaul, keep in having fun and Bob do not work too hard.

Woobstr112G
February 16th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Check out my signature. I just couldn't wait.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Check out my signature. I just couldn't wait.....:):):)

Bob

Bob,
Good for you but 600 days? ? ?? Yikes that is a long time.

Woobstr112G
February 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Jo - you must be really busy with the last minute preparations and packing. Have a wonderful trip.

I am going to post a little story that Grandpaul sent to me via email. This sounds so typical of him and is so funny.

Funny story from last night. There is a lounge up top in the front of the ship that serves multiple purposes. I walked into it a few days ago and they have one of those video blackjack games that has the video of a pretty girl ready to deal blackjack. As I walked by it the voice said "Will you play with me"? Mary Lou and I had a couple laughs about that. So last night there was a show in that room featuring some woman hypnotist. She got some volunteers on stage and went thru some instructions and I'm thinking to myself "I'm getting bored". I was thinking about leaving as she said "Okay, I need complete silence from the audience" as I got up. I took a few steps toward the door and then all you could hear was "Will you play with me?". I'm still laughing.
The seas are calm today my friend but we're heading in the wrong direction.

We got pounded yesterday with lots of rain. Would not be surprised if Bob got snow in his area as it was so cold.

Bon Voyage Jo and Grandpaul, keep in having fun and Bob do not work too hard.

Rained like you know what as I was working in Santa Clarita. Holli called me and said it lightly snowed in east Palmdale for aboutan hour. Nothing stuck to the ground however.....:(:(:(

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Bob,
Good for you but 600 days? ? ?? Yikes that is a long time.

Yes it's a bit of time, but it's just like 2009 and 2011. two cruises in the same year. You should join the party......:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hope all have a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yes it's a bit of time, but it's just like 2009 and 2011. two cruises in the same year. You should join the party......:):):)

Bob

Sounds like the party would be fun but not sure that I am rady to go back to Europe again. May do Alaska again next year or New England/Canada Fall Foliage cruise.

cruisin'low
February 17th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Hope all have a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

You also Bob. Looks like the weather will be great for this weekend.

Myself and 7 friends are headed out to the Palm Springs area to see Terry Fator at one of the casinos on Saturday night. Will stay out there over night and gamble and come home on Sunday. His show should be fantastic. Grandpaul cannot be too jelaous as he is on a cruise right now.

Grandpaul
February 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
You also Bob. Looks like the weather will be great for this weekend.

Myself and 7 friends are headed out to the Palm Springs area to see Terry Fator at one of the casinos on Saturday night. Will stay out there over night and gamble and come home on Sunday. His show should be fantastic. Grandpaul cannot be too jelaous as he is on a cruise right now.
Ann, you're going to love the show. But you're right, I'm not too jealous. We have a trip to Vegas coming up in Sept. so we'll catch him then. Let us know what you think of his ability. Last full day at sea today. Overcast with showers. 10 foot waves but this ship handles them well. Hardly feel them at all. Perfect weather at Nassau but we didn't get off the ship. I'm sopending my free time reading a book about Groucho Marx, one of my idols. Good shows on board and I've won a couple putting comtests. How bad is the opposition if I win a putting contest. Real good music on board. One band did a Beatles tribute last night. Amazing the music a small band can play now. Haven't played crap in a few days so I'm going home a good winner. Great trip. I might have to do this again.

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Ann, you're going to love the show. But you're right, I'm not too jealous. We have a trip to Vegas coming up in Sept. so we'll catch him then. Let us know what you think of his ability. Last full day at sea today. Overcast with showers. 10 foot waves but this ship handles them well. Hardly feel them at all. Perfect weather at Nassau but we didn't get off the ship. I'm sopending my free time reading a book about Groucho Marx, one of my idols. Good shows on board and I've won a couple putting comtests. How bad is the opposition if I win a putting contest. Real good music on board. One band did a Beatles tribute last night. Amazing the music a small band can play now. Haven't played crap in a few days so I'm going home a good winner. Great trip. I might have to do this again.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Sounds like the party would be fun but not sure that I am rady to go back to Europe again. May do Alaska again next year or New England/Canada Fall Foliage cruise.

It took some major schmoozing on my part to get Holli to agree to let me book next month. If we do sail on the Royal that will be the end of our cruising till I retire in 2016 so I can solely concentrate on paying off some bills.....

Bob

cruisin'low
February 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
It took some major schmoozing on my part to get Holli to agree to let me book next month. If we do sail on the Royal that will be the end of our cruising till I retire in 2016 so I can solely concentrate on paying off some bills.....

Bob

Bob,
Not sure you should have put that in writing as I can hardly believe that you are going to go 3 years without a cruise between 2013 and 2016. That is a long long time. I love the TAs but the cost of the air and the time to get to Europe gets to be too much. That is why i will probably stick around the US for a while. However, having said that, in 2014 a group of us are flying to Australia and then cruising around New Zealand. Now that is a long flight too. We need to start to get serious about planning this now.

cruisin'low
February 17th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time and that you are hanging on to the $$$ you won early in the cruise.

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Bob,
Not sure you should have put that in writing as I can hardly believe that you are going to go 3 years without a cruise between 2013 and 2016. That is a long long time. I love the TAs but the cost of the air and the time to get to Europe gets to be too much. That is why i will probably stick around the US for a while. However, having said that, in 2014 a group of us are flying to Australia and then cruising around New Zealand. Now that is a long flight too. We need to start to get serious about planning this now.

A long time indeed. That was part of my schmoozing I did getting Holli to let me book it next month. She's absolutely right when it comes to finances and I give her tons of credit for keepng me tethered to reality. Being bill free or close to it is what weare. shooting for.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 17th, 2012, 08:15 PM
A long time indeed. That was part of my schmoozing I did getting Holli to let me book it next month. She's absolutely right when it comes to finances and I give her tons of credit for keepng me tethered to reality. Being bill free or close to it is what weare. shooting for.....:):):)

Bob

That is a fantastic goal to have before you retire. It will make your retirement much more enjoyable if you do not have to worry about money.

Grandpaul
February 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Just arrived at our house. Can't stand it around here. But then I got an e-mail from my Granddaughter who is learning to play basketball and she's joining me a college game tonight. She wanted to brag that she made two foul shots today. I can't believe it. Some kid. Interesting event on the ship last night. About 11 PM me and a friend of mine were leaving a show on the top floor and were entering the elevator. Some guy yelled for us to hold the elevator which I did. He entered pushing a wheelchair in which a girl around 25 was sitting short of breath and holding her chest around the heart area. That usually isn't good. I got off at my floor and told Mary Lou we might be hearing a helicopter soon and explained why. We were probably 140 miles from NYC. Just about that time the Captain came on and said our plans for NY were changed because of a medical emergency and we were heading to NY as fast as we could go. We got there a little after 3 AM. I've never seen a ship go so fast. Thankfully the seas were calm. Pretty impressive machine. Apparently she was feeling better when they took her to the hospital. AS an aside, I won a nother couple hundred at the crap table last night. I might do that for a living.

Woobstr112G
February 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Just arrived at our house. Can't stand it around here. But then I got an e-mail from my Granddaughter who is learning to play basketball and she's joining me a college game tonight. She wanted to brag that she made two foul shots today. I can't believe it. Some kid. Interesting event on the ship last night. About 11 PM me and a friend of mine were leaving a show on the top floor and were entering the elevator. Some guy yelled for us to hold the elevator which I did. He entered pushing a wheelchair in which a girl around 25 was sitting short of breath and holding her chest around the heart area. That usually isn't good. I got off at my floor and told Mary Lou we might be hearing a helicopter soon and explained why. We were probably 140 miles from NYC. Just about that time the Captain came on and said our plans for NY were changed because of a medical emergency and we were heading to NY as fast as we could go. We got there a little after 3 AM. I've never seen a ship go so fast. Thankfully the seas were calm. Pretty impressive machine. Apparently she was feeling better when they took her to the hospital. AS an aside, I won a nother couple hundred at the crap table last night. I might do that for a living.

Welcome home. Sounds like another great cruise for you and Mary Lou.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks Bob. I like your thinking about your finances before you retire. It'll make everything better. I was going to retire at 55 but thought about it and put everything down on paper. I waited 2 more years and it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
A very early good morning to all my fellow Emerald Alum.. I just got home from work. Checking the boards real quick before I head off to bed. One quick thing for anyone that uses the "Shipmate" app for the I-Pad/Phone. There's a new update out that has fixed several bugs and improved stability. I just installed the update and it does seem to improve the app.

Hope all have a great Sunday. Only 25 more days till we can book the Royal. Come one, come all.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Was just turning off my phone when I received email notification that my reservation at the L/O is confirmed for a wonderful three day in Venice before the Royal T/A.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 19th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Glad that you 2 had a wonderful cruise. And happy to hear that your fellow passenger who was in distress was better when you got to NYC
Saw Terry fator last night at a casino in the Palm Springs area. This is the 2nd time I have seen him and he was better than the last time. What an incredible talent. There were 8 of us and no one could stop talking about how fantastic he was. Had lost $$$ in th afternoon in the casino prior to the show but after the show made almost all of it back. I know I can not do this for a living but you can if the crap table is HOT.

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Glad that you 2 had a wonderful cruise. And happy to hear that your fellow passenger who was in distress was better when you got to NYC
Saw Terry fator last night at a casino in the Palm Springs area. This is the 2nd time I have seen him and he was better than the last time. What an incredible talent. There were 8 of us and no one could stop talking about how fantastic he was. Had lost $$$ in th afternoon in the casino prior to the show but after the show made almost all of it back. I know I can not do this for a living but you can if the crap table is HOT.

Ann;

So very true.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Glad you had a great trip Ann. He is an incredible talent. You're right about the crap table as I found out on our recent cruise. The most important bit of advice I ever got about any kind of gambling is this. It doesn't matter much how you play when the dice(or cards, or whatever) are hot. What's important is how you play when they are cold. There's a lot of thinking involved with that but it's worth it. Casinos do not like smart players. My best friend is the biggest gambler I know and is not very highly rated at all.

cruisin'low
February 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Glad you had a great trip Ann. He is an incredible talent. You're right about the crap table as I found out on our recent cruise. The most important bit of advice I ever got about any kind of gambling is this. It doesn't matter much how you play when the dice(or cards, or whatever) are hot. What's important is how you play when they are cold. There's a lot of thinking involved with that but it's worth it. Casinos do not like smart players. My best friend is the biggest gambler I know and is not very highly rated at all.

That is the most important aspect of gambling. How you handle when the cards or dice hit a wall and run cold for a while demonstrates your experience and knowledge of gambling. I have even noticed that a draw poker machine will run in streaks and you have to know when to back off and when to hit them hard.

Grandpaul
February 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
When I play blackjack I set a limit I want to win or lose. After I get to that number, when I lose 3 straight hands I quit. So if they stay hot you will take advantage of it. But I do get bored with Blackjack.

cruisin'low
February 20th, 2012, 09:32 AM
When I play blackjack I set a limit I want to win or lose. After I get to that number, when I lose 3 straight hands I quit. So if they stay hot you will take advantage of it. But I do get bored with Blackjack.

Great system in playing 21 that you have. I increase my bets if I keep winning and then cut back on the first hand after a loss and build up again with progressive winning hands.
Agreed, blackjack can be boring unless there are interesting people at the table too. Not dumb players; intersting ones.

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Great system in playing 21 that you have. I increase my bets if I keep winning and then cut back on the first hand after a loss and build up again with progressive winning hands.
Agreed, blackjack can be boring unless there are interesting people at the table too. Not dumb players; intersting ones.

I never do good at the ship's casinos. I ain't got no nerve.....

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM
No posts today.:confused: What gives.....:D:D:D

Bob

cruisin'low
February 22nd, 2012, 12:22 AM
No posts today.:confused: What gives.....:D:D:D

Bob

Well, Jo is gone on her trip.
I was busy with other things today.
You were probably working.
Grandpaul was perhaps golfing or skiing. ? ? ? ? ?

Grandpaul
February 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Yesterday was my day for taking some of my Grandkids shopping for making the honor roll. Seth is in the 8th grade and Hannah is in the 7th grade. So I went to pick them up and little Hope, in kindergarten, came to the door with her report card saying she made the honor roll too. So she came along. She made the honor roll in shopping too. She even had a list. Basketball playoffs last night. Up to 50 degrees here today.

cruisin'low
February 22nd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Yesterday was my day for taking some of my Grandkids shopping for making the honor roll. Seth is in the 8th grade and Hannah is in the 7th grade. So I went to pick them up and little Hope, in kindergarten, came to the door with her report card saying she made the honor roll too. So she came along. She made the honor roll in shopping too. She even had a list. Basketball playoffs last night. Up to 50 degrees here today.

Sounds like a fun day Grandpaul and congratulations on having grandchildren who can make the Honor Roll. That is fantastic.
Is winter over? You have 50 degrees today and we are expecting to have almost 80 degrees today and tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day all.

retiring soon
February 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
HI all!

Sounds like you all had a good time & kept busy while I was away.:D
I never got to see Terry Fator yet. He was on Netflix but now isn't!

We had a great time in Gamboa, Panama. It was really hot, had a lot of wildlife & colourful birds, pretty flowers all the stuff I like. Oh & the food was good too, the room very nice with a balcony with hammock overlooking the Chagres River which runs into Gatun Lake.

Bob ~ sounds like a plan going into retirement debt free. Great re the hotel room in Venice. I don't plan on taking another TA as unlike you all I don't like sea days as much as port ones.

Grandpaul ~ congrats on the smart grandkids! Wonder where that came from?;)

Ann:cool: ~ I've never played BJ with real people but do love those machines with the screens.

Have a great day!

Grandpaul
February 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Jo, I'm not smart enought o know where the smart grandkids came from. Glad you had a great time in Panama. It is a beautiful country as is Costa Rica right next to it. You'll get to see Fator eventually.

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 08:00 PM
HI all!

We had a great time in Gamboa, Panama. It was really hot, had a lot of wildlife & colourful birds, pretty flowers all the stuff I like. Oh & the food was good too, the room very nice with a balcony with hammock overlooking the Chagres River which runs into Gatun Lake.

Bob ~ sounds like a plan going into retirement debt free. Great re the hotel room in Venice. I don't plan on taking another TA as unlike you all I don't like sea days as much as port ones.

Ann:cool: ~ I've never played BJ with real people but do love those machines with the screens.

Have a great day!

Jo;

Glad you had a great time on your trip. ITaoo bad that you dont like sea days as I think they're the best. But I definetely understand different strokes for different folks. So Paul, that only leaves you. Any chance you might be interested in the T/A on the Royal.

Bob

Grandpaul
February 22nd, 2012, 09:13 PM
Jo;

Glad you had a great time on your trip. ITaoo bad that you dont like sea days as I think they're the best. But I definetely understand different strokes for different folks. So Paul, that only leaves you. Any chance you might be interested in the T/A on the Royal.

Bob
Bob, we're doing the Panama Canal in October so I can't say for sure. Mary Lou is starting to hint about another Hawaii cruise. So many choices.

Grandpaul
February 22nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Of course, you're talking 2013 and I'm still stuck on 2012. I see the Royal cruise leaves on Oct. 9, 2013 which is someone's birthday. Let me think who will be 70 that day. It can't be me. My friends at Rome In Limo have been bugging me to get back over there. Might have to do it.

cruisin'low
February 22nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
HI all!

Have a great day!

jo,
So happy that you had a great time and that you saw so much. It really must have been good to be in the country and experience it close up rather than on a cruise ship.
Glad you are back safe and sound.

cruisin'low
February 22nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Of course, you're talking 2013 and I'm still stuck on 2012. I see the Royal cruise leaves on Oct. 9, 2013 which is someone's birthday. Let me think who will be 70 that day. It can't be me. My friends at Rome In Limo have been bugging me to get back over there. Might have to do it.

Sounds like it is a date with destiny; the ship sails on your B-Day and you will be 70. Wow the stars are alined. You and Bob need to celebrate together.

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Bob, we're doing the Panama Canal in October so I can't say for sure. Mary Lou is starting to hint about another Hawaii cruise. So many choices.

Join us on the Sapphire then (March 2013).....:):):)

BOb

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM

Then it's all set then.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM

Bob

Good job Bob; positive thinking :D

Grandpaul
February 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM

Bob
Have to get approval form the Budget Office. Sometimes she's hard to Budge. Ouch.

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Have to get approval form the Budget Office. Sometimes she's hard to Budge. Ouch.

I'm sure you be able to persuade her.....:D:):D

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 24th, 2012, 09:11 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/mommywallace/Weekdays/WeeKend_Polar_Bear.jpg

Good morning to all my fellow Emerald Alum. Hope everyone has a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/mommywallace/Weekdays/WeeKend_Polar_Bear.jpg

Good morning to all my fellow Emerald Alum. Hope everyone has a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

Love the polar bears and I too hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

retiring soon
February 24th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi all!

Bob ~ nice picture! We don't have the bears but we do have the white stuff & are forecast to get more! Big change in the weather here from Panama!:rolleyes:

Have a great weekend!

cruisin'low
February 24th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hi all!

Bob ~ nice picture! We don't have the bears but we do have the white stuff & are forecast to get more! Big change in the weather here from Panama!:rolleyes:

Have a great weekend!

Jo,

I can only imagine the drastic change in the temperature from the hot, humid Panama to the snow you have and are expecting to get. WOW stay warm and dry.

Grandpaul
February 24th, 2012, 03:24 PM
50 mph winds tomorrow. Guess I'll have to spend all day watching the high school championship games. Yesterday a couple guys just north of here a little bit decided to go ice fishing. This is after a winter of mild temps and the day before it was 49 degrees. Yesterday was almost as warm. They got out onto the middle of the lake and then all the ice around them melted for about 30 feet from the shoreline. Lots of pictures of them in the news. They used an airboat to get them. I'm sure their friends won't say a word to them.

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good Saturday morning to all. Hope everyone has a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 09:51 AM
50 mph winds tomorrow. Guess I'll have to spend all day watching the high school championship games. Yesterday a couple guys just north of here a little bit decided to go ice fishing. This is after a winter of mild temps and the day before it was 49 degrees. Yesterday was almost as warm. They got out onto the middle of the lake and then all the ice around them melted for about 30 feet from the shoreline. Lots of pictures of them in the news. They used an airboat to get them. I'm sure their friends won't say a word to them.

I'm sure they won't.....:):D:)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Up to 50 mph winds today. Good day to be inside watching hoop games. My granddaughter has one tomorrow morning. Always a lot of laughs. Another funny Grandkid story. Mark, lives on Long Island with the 8 year old twins, Molly and Riley. He had Thursday off and was watching them. He made a deal with his wife if he did a couple chores he could go golfing. So off he went with the twins and Lisa went somewhere else. He got home with the twins and a bag of lunch including some chocolate milk which the girls like. They started eating and he went to take a shower. He got out and heard the girls downstairs crying like crazy. He went down and they were fighting. Molly said that Riley knocked her milk off the table and was mad at her. They argued a little bit and Mark took the girls over to the couch, sat them down, and said, are you ready, "Are you crying over spilled milk". He then started laughing like crazy and they had no clue what was so funny. But then they laughed too and the fight was over. Who writes this stuff?

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Up to 50 mph winds today. Good day to be inside watching hoop games. My granddaughter has one tomorrow morning. Always a lot of laughs. Another funny Grandkid story. Mark, lives on Long Island with the 8 year old twins, Molly and Riley. He had Thursday off and was watching them. He made a deal with his wife if he did a couple chores he could go golfing. So off he went with the twins and Lisa went somewhere else. He got home with the twins and a bag of lunch including some chocolate milk which the girls like. They started eating and he went to take a shower. He got out and heard the girls downstairs crying like crazy. He went down and they were fighting. Molly said that Riley knocked her milk off the table and was mad at her. They argued a little bit and Mark took the girls over to the couch, sat them down, and said, are you ready, "Are you crying over spilled milk". He then started laughing like crazy and they had no clue what was so funny. But then they laughed too and the fight was over. Who writes this stuff?

You should copyright it.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Good Sunday afternoon to all. I hope all have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

cruisin'low
February 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM

I can just imagine . . . . . the adult sitting in front of the girls laughing like crazy and they looking at each other, thinking, why in the world is Dad laughing so hard. Another great story. Thanks GrandPaul

cruisin'low
February 26th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Good Sunday afternoon to all. I hope all have a great day.....:):):)

Bob
Incredibly beautiful day out here but we are getting ready for the big storm late tonight into Monday; rainy and cold. Snow level is to be down to 2,000'. Sure that Bob might see some in his area. At least some flurries.

Grandpaul
February 26th, 2012, 04:14 PM
We have a sunny day here but in the 30's. They are starting to talk about some snow midweek. Hoping they keep up there record of guessing wrong that far out. Starting my new volunteer job at the local medical center tomorrow in the Pulomary Unit where my son works as a respiratory therapist. Of course, I already told him we have to change the name of the unit to the Paulmonary Unit. He groaned.

Woobstr112G
February 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Incredibly beautiful day out here but we are getting ready for the big storm late tonight into Monday; rainy and cold. Snow level is to be down to 2,000'. Sure that Bob might see some in his area. At least some flurries.

Be nice to see some snow. Don't know if I'll make it to work to see it on the road. Sitting in urgent care with Holli at the moment. She not feeling well.

Bob

retiring soon
February 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
HI all!

Bob ~ hope Holli feels better soon & it's nothing serious.

Grandpaul ~ we went out for dinner & it was 20F here but was sunny all day,

Ann:cool: ~ hope the storm passes over.

Watching the Red Carpet lead up to the Academy Awards. Agnes called me to remind me we were in the Kodak Theatre on our Rose Parade trip.Wonder who's sitting in my seat:rolleyes:

Have a great week!

Woobstr112G
February 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
HI all!

Bob ~ hope Holli feels better soon & it's nothing serious.

Grandpaul ~ we went out for dinner & it was 20F here but was sunny all day,

Ann:cool: ~ hope the storm passes over.

Watching the Red Carpet lead up to the Academy Awards. Agnes called me to remind me we were in the Kodak Theatre on our Rose Parade trip.Wonder who's sitting in my seat:rolleyes:

Have a great week!

Still at urgent care. They're sending her to the hospital for additional tests.

Bob

Grandpaul
February 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Tell Holli we're thinking of her Bob. Not a fun place to hang around. Hopefully a real short visit. Good not to take an chances though.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Still at urgent care. They're sending her to the hospital for additional tests.

Bob

Bob,
I do hope that you have Holli home safe and sound and there is no further cause for her to be in the hopital or urgent care.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM
We have a sunny day here but in the 30's. They are starting to talk about some snow midweek. Hoping they keep up there record of guessing wrong that far out. Starting my new volunteer job at the local medical center tomorrow in the Pulomary Unit where my son works as a respiratory therapist. Of course, I already told him we have to change the name of the unit to the Paulmonary Unit. He groaned.

That for sure is a real groaner! ! ! ! ! ! !

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the well wishes for Holli. We are at the ER and thankfully she's sleeping right now.

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the well wishes for Holli. We are at the ER and thankfully she's sleeping right now.

Bob

Update......

They're admitting Holli into the hospital. Initial tests week fairly good. He's a little concerned about the amount of pain she has.

Bob

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Update......

They're admitting Holli into the hospital. Initial tests week fairly good. He's a little concerned about the amount of pain she has.

Bob

Bob,
I do hope by this AM there is a much better update on holli. if se was in so much pain last night, it was good that she was admitted so they could properly treat her.
Will be waiting for good news from you.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Best of luck to you in your new volunteer position today. I know how much the volunteers are apprecaited around our local hospital and I do hope they appreaciate you working there for them. And not too much harassment of your son! ! ! !!

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Paul;

Goof luck with your new job. I'll be headed back to the hospital in about an hour or so to check up on Holli. Hopefully I'll be able to bring her home today. One night in the hospital is enough.....

Bob

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Paul;

Goof luck with your new job. I'll be headed back to the hospital in about an hour or so to check up on Holli. Hopefully I'll be able to bring her home today. One night in the hospital is enough.....

Bob
You got that right Bob, One night is plenty. Good luck.

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Best of luck to you in your new volunteer position today. I know how much the volunteers are apprecaited around our local hospital and I do hope they appreaciate you working there for them. And not too much harassment of your son! ! ! !!
They do great things for the volunteers there. All totaled they have over 700 volunteers during the year. The poor woman that runs that office is constantly deluged. It would not be the same great hospital without that help.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Paul;

Bob

Bet she is ready to come home too.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM
There is another Costa ship in trouble

http://news.yahoo.com/cruise-ship-adrift-pirate-infested-indian-ocean-174117815--abc-news.html

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I just saw that. Should lower prices even more now for cruises. Hope the pirates don't see the ship.

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 04:51 PM
And now 2 Princess cruise ships were not allowed entry into Argentina.

cruisin'low
February 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM
And now 2 Princess cruise ships were not allowed entry into Argentina.

Really? Where can I find the news story on that? Princess website?

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I saw it on the internet news. Maybe look under argentina cruise ships. Something to do with the war there 30 years ago with England and Princess ships have an English flag. All the merchants there ready for the busy day were just a little bit annoyed. Cross Argentina off my list. Maybe I'll go to Vegas instead.

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Thank you for all the well wishes for Holli. We both appreciate them. Finally got her into a regular room and out of the ER. Hopefully she won't be her past the weekend. She's in a lot of pain but she's a real trooper.....:):):)

Bob

Grandpaul
February 27th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Hopefully they can ease the pain some. Should have something for it. I see this every night I work and it's a very draining thing for the family. Good luck Bob (and Holli obviously).

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Hopefully they can ease the pain some. Should have something for it. I see this every night I work and it's a very draining thing for the family. Good luck Bob (and Holli obviously).

Thanks Paul.....:):):)

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Another Costa issue.....:eek::eek::eek:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/costa-cruises-liner-adrift-in-indian-ocean-after-fire/articleshow/12065588.cms

Bob

cruisin'low
February 28th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Thank you for all the well wishes for Holli. We both appreciate them. Finally got her into a regular room and out of the ER. Hopefully she won't be her past the weekend. She's in a lot of pain but she's a real trooper.....:):):)

Bob

Thinking of Holli and hoping that she is now in less pain and will soon be released from the hospital.

Grandpaul
February 28th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Another Costa issue.....:eek::eek::eek:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/costa-cruises-liner-adrift-in-indian-ocean-after-fire/articleshow/12065588.cms

Bob
Glad I don't have any Carnivore, I mean Carnival, stock.

Grandpaul
February 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Up to a half a foot of snow tomorrow night. Thursday could be a ski day.

Woobstr112G
February 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Good evening all. *I just got home from the hospital. *Holli is doing better. *She still has the pain, but it has decreased. *She was also able to hold down some liquid nourishment as well. *It was so good to see her coming around from her condition yesterday. *Hopefully she'll be able to come home in 2 or three days.....:):):)

Take Care All.

cruisin'low
February 29th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Up to a half a foot of snow tomorrow night. Thursday could be a ski day.

[SIZE=5]Enjoy your skiing.

cruisin'low
February 29th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Good evening all. *I just got home from the hospital. *Holli is doing better. *She still has the pain, but it has decreased. *She was also able to hold down some liquid nourishment as well. *It was so good to see her coming around from her condition yesterday. *Hopefully she'll be able to come home in 2 or three days.....:):):)

Take Care All.

Bob,
Good to hear that Holli is feeling better and will soon be back home. Tell her we are thinking of her.

Grandpaul
February 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM

Take Care All.
Good news Bob. Glad it's decreasing. I'm sure Holli's ready to come home now.
The snow has started here. I can hear my ski's jiggling downstairs.

cruisin'low
February 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Good news Bob. Glad it's decreasing. I'm sure Holli's ready to come home now.
The snow has started here. I can hear my ski's jiggling downstairs.

Is that jiggling or giggling? ? ?

Grandpaul
February 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Is that jiggling or giggling? ? ?
Giggling only when I put them on. Or back on after a fall.