PDA

View Full Version : Group cruise suggestions

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ok, so if we post everyone's suggestions for date, ship, and itinerary here and get some discussion going maybe we'll find something that will work for everyone....:):):)

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 07:23 PM
My first suggestion would be a cruise out of NY, since it seems like the logical starting place and easy for everyone to get to....:)

Starrgazer50
August 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Leaving from NY sounds good. I am flexible.:)
What year are we considering doing this?

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Leaving from NY sounds good. I am flexible.:)
What year are we considering doing this?

Make a suggestion...

Most of us are booked for January 2012....and prices have gone up since booking, so cancelling and re-booking as a group most likely wouldn't save us any $$$.

We would be willing to book another cruise for 2012, if everyone else wants to?

Starrgazer50
August 8th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Make a suggestion...

Most of us are booked for January 2012....and prices have gone up since booking, so cancelling and re-booking as a group most likely wouldn't save us any $$$.

We would be willing to book another cruise for 2012, if everyone else wants to?
Then it would depend on how many of us cruise more than once a year.
We could book another cruise for 2012 or How about we look at January/Feb 2013, pending on how many have already booked and the difference in prices?

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Hi guys,

I vote for Alaska on Princess summer 2013.............anyone willing to travel outside our comfort zone?

We could also do January /February 2013.....out of New york if the 1st one isn`t good

We were planning S.M. then......but who knows, maybe we can all get off in St Maarten , stay at my time share for 1-2 weeks then get back on the ship and head back to New York:D:p ....run that by your pcc:rolleyes:;).

Stay well all,
Debbi

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:32 PM
We are totally OPEN in 2014 No plans as of yet............
How about Europe in the spring?

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hi guys,

I vote for Alaska on Princess summer 2013.............anyone willing to travel outside our comfort zone?

We could also do January /February 2013.....out of New york if the 1st one isn`t good
......but can we all get off in St Maarten , stay at my time share for 1-2 weeks then get back on the ship and head back to New York:D:p ....run that by your pcc:rolleyes:;).

Stay well all,
Debbi

We won't be able to make a summer cruise, Steve really can't get away for more than a weekend from May 1st.....until December 8th.

Now if we're all going to accidentally miss the ship in St. Maarten we better buy the good travel insurance. ;)

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I am working on my bucket list:D

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I am working on my bucket list:D

Just fill the bucket with tequila, and it won't matter where we cruise or what's on the list...LOL:D

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I figured it might not work with his job but I had to ask:(

People do get on the ships at ports, my friend said a bunch of people got newly on her Jewel cruise in San Juan?????:confused:

But it would be a stretch

we would maybe skip using our time share 2013 year.....Our 2012 Hawaii may use up alot of my time..... right now we have lot`s of friends interested in going with us

but then 2014 would be No cruise for Vin

I have no limit to my vacation time other then Vin being jealous
Debbi

paradise sailor
August 8th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi guys,

We were planning S.M. then......but who knows, maybe we can all get off in St Maarten , stay at my time share for 1-2 weeks then get back on the ship and head back to New York:D:p ....run that by your pcc:rolleyes:;).

Stay well all,
Debbi
I mentioned to Matgarita tonight that you had to take your Alaska cruise on Princess in 2013 where you had changed from 2012 to cruise with us.....I hate to be a stick in the mud but like Margaret said I would find it very hard to cruise that time of year....I would love to tho....

we do have 2-3-2013 booked but that is so far out we could cancel that one and rebook as a group........but lets keep talking about it till we come up with a working plan

paradise sailor
August 8th, 2011, 09:47 PM

People do get on the ships at ports, my friend said a bunch of people got newly on her Jewel cruise in San Juan?????:confused:

we would maybe skip using our time share 2013 year.....Our 2012 Hawaii may use up alot of my time..... right now we have lot`s of friends interested in going with us

Debbi
maybe those people had missed the ship in New York

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Margaret,
Lost my Tequila Cherry at the block party....we wound up doing shots!
Not such a good idea after iced coffee with Kahlua, Jello shots and beer:eek:

I`ll have to try again with you on a CLEAN pallate:D
Debbi

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Debbi

We can't have a cruise without Vin, who would lug all your luggage on and off the ship...:D

I guess I'm on permanent vacation as well, but I don't think Steve's gonna let me near a ship without him...:eek::D:eek:

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Steve,
I have No idea what was up with those new people, my friend said the ship was not crowded so who knows what their deal with NCL was?
Debbi

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Margaret,
Lost my Tequila Cherry at the block party....we wound up doing shots!
Not such a good idea after iced coffee with Kahlua, Jello shots and beer:eek:

I`ll have to try again with you on a CLEAN pallate:D
Debbi

Probably not a good idea to mix your alcohols.:eek:

Ltl mermaid
August 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Margaret,
Yeah luggage would be a problem, it is when I travel with my Mom.

So far Vin lets me go with my MOM cause he doesn`t want to vacation with HER....he will not let me go with other family or friends yet but I am working on him....he would love to just take extra time and go with us but you may get me and my Mom.....Vin`s job has no coverage for vacations now let alone EXTRA time.
Debbi

Ltl mermaid
Going to bed
Nite all
Debbi

Got Tequila?
Steve,
I have No idea what was up with those new people, my friend said the ship was not crowded so who knows what their deal with NCL was?
Debbi

Strange how a ship can change so much and others even on the same cruise can have different experiences.

paradise sailor
August 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Margaret,

So far Vin lets me go with my MOM cause he doesn`t want to vacation with HER....he will not let me go with other family or friends yet but I am working on him....he would love to just take extra time and go with us but you may get me and my Mom.....Vin`s job has no coverage for vacations now let alone EXTRA time.
Debbi
we'll take ya any way we can get ya...........so are you sayin his job won't let him have vacation time anymore or he can only have so much per year....

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Margaret,

Debbi

I guess we'll take what we can get....but we'll miss Vin on a cruise, it just wouldn't be the same. ;)

Got Tequila?
August 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Going to bed
Nite all
Debbi

good night......:)

paradise sailor
August 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Margaret,

Debbi
it sounds to me like Vin and I just have to QUIT WORKING and Cruise full time...............:D

cabincop
August 9th, 2011, 12:42 AM
I like Feb out of NY 2013 far enuff out everyone can work on it and its 10daysssssssssssssssssss :D

Got Tequila?
August 9th, 2011, 09:32 AM
We also get to choose an amenity......I think OBC would probably work the best for all of us. Other choices included a private happy hour, wine, fruitbasket, ect.

With the OBC we can have our own happy hour........or use it for what ever we want.

Got Tequila?
August 9th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I like Feb out of NY 2013 far enuff out everyone can work on it and its 10daysssssssssssssssssss :D

Steve and I, and Joy and Ron are booked for 2/3/13.......out of NY on the Pearl. We could definitely cancel and re-book with the group if this is what everyone decides on. Steve and I are quite flexible.

Ltl mermaid
August 9th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hi All,
I won`t be on hear again till Tuesday,
I do not know HOW Margaret keeps up with so many boards....2 has me stressed.
Busy getting ready for our trip to Maine....woo hoo.
Stay Well All,
Debbi

cabincop
August 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I agree with Debbie it is amazing how Margaret does it. Hmmm Valentines cruise who will I kiss? questions questions questions;) Debbie work gets in the way of cruising and one has to go guess which one:rolleyes:, lol. I can't wait for January going cruisw crazy, ok back to other boards muahhhhhh