PDA

View Full Version : "It's a Kinda Magic" October 16th,2011 (continued)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

jplewis
October 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Loretta, I think we all agree - You're great to do this for us!

Val, I was looking at the "other" site and don't see you and Roger. I was just checking people out hoping to recognize them.
Patsy

galveston gal
October 1st, 2011, 06:09 PM
Loretta, A big THANK YOU to you for keeping up with our cruisers and our activities. It is always a pleasure to cruise with you.

Ditto! printed and with travel stuff

lettienets
October 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
I sure am looking forward to meeting everybody! After breakfast on the Sunday the 16th I am heading down to the port on foot from my hotel. I am going to meet that port bus that drops everybody at the right ship, the one at the foot of Ramblas by Colon statue.
Hope I find it ok, looks easy enough.....:confused: Have a map.
After lunch I hope to be at the Lido aft bar trying to figure out who is who! I just can't fathom how we are all going to meet, so many all at one time! :p
Just so exciting!

aussie2324
October 1st, 2011, 08:41 PM
Good morning everyone. Well have done my online checkin for our flights. Shuttle is confirmed get picked up at 02:15am:eek: Tuesday morning. Will see you all when you board on the 16th:p Tracey

luv2cruz44
October 1st, 2011, 09:05 PM
Good morning everyone. Well have done my online checkin for our flights. Shuttle is confirmed get picked up at 02:15am:eek: Tuesday morning. Will see you all when you board on the 16th:p Tracey

Bye Tracey & John...safe travels to you.

cjcruiser27
October 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Safe travels to you and enjoy your time in Europe! I look forward to meeting you so:) see you on the 16th if not before in BCN!! Good morning everyone. Well have done my online checkin for our flights. Shuttle is confirmed get picked up at 02:15am:eek: Tuesday morning. Will see you all when you board on the 16th:p Tracey

cjcruiser27
October 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
It ia an easy walk and the shuttle is easy to get, what if it's raining? :eek:Did you not want to tke the bus George set up? I believe it was only a few euros.I sure am looking forward to meeting everybody! After breakfast on the Sunday the 16th I am heading down to the port on foot from my hotel. I am going to meet that port bus that drops everybody at the right ship, the one at the foot of Ramblas by Colon statue.
After lunch I hope to be at the Lido aft bar trying to figure out who is who! I just can't fathom how we are all going to meet, so many all at one time! :p
Just so exciting!

kikikoko
October 1st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Happy Saturday everyone. Hope its better weather where you are than here. This is the weekend that we are winterizing the camper. You always wish for dry weather and sunshine when undertaking this task. There is 90-100% chance of rain all weekend with temps in the 40's. BLAH. Any chance of sending up some of the St Thomas rum football game punch from NC?

Only two weeks to go. I looked up some pics of Positano last night on the Rick Steves website. Beautiful looking place. All of those hillside villages tucked along the Italian coast look incredible. There is no question that I will be giving my camera a real workout, capturing memories for a lifetime.

Hopefully this time next week we will start putting some things in a suitcase. We bought another larger carry-on this week. I always carry my meds, computer and cameras with me on a plane. I would never trust sensitive electronic gear to be packed in normal luggage to be thrown around by the baggage handlers. I have watched how they handle luggage.

Well, finishing a cup of coffee and deciding whether to have another cup, start some winterizing activities, wait until tomorrow or just start to build an ark There is no shortage of rain in this part of the country, especially this weekend. Think I'll have another coffee (the brown kind) and think it over.

Have a great pre-cruise weekend everyone. To those starting their vacations earlier than the rest of us, safe journeys and we will see you on board. I'm gonna miss this group when the cruise is over. I constantly check for new posts. I guess that means we need to book our next cruise. Hopefully they are offering the FCC during this cruise. We want to take advantsge of that and we are already looking for a Carribean cruise in the spring.

Nick

Nick

Nick send the rain to TX. We are in trouble here. So afraid of fire. See ya on board. Dee and Wayne

aussie2324
October 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
I sure am looking forward to meeting everybody! After breakfast on the Sunday the 16th I am heading down to the port on foot from my hotel. I am going to meet that port bus that drops everybody at the right ship, the one at the foot of Ramblas by Colon statue.
Just so exciting!

We will have our lanyards with our CC name and our name on them. Tracey:D

Buckeye Geo
October 1st, 2011, 11:30 PM

Have a save trip. See you on the 16th.

lettienets
October 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM
It ia an easy walk and the shuttle is easy to get, what if it's raining? :eek:Did you not want to tke the bus George set up? I believe it was only a few euros.
My hotel is not in the Hotel Continental area. Mine is not that far from Colon.

Have a great time, all who are leaving this week! We'll be looking for you!:)

jpg1747
October 2nd, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm not generally a nervous nelly but I thought I'd pass this info along. I saw it on the news tonight and I registered on the site.

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the potential for retaliation against U.S. citizens and interests following the deaths of key figures in the terrorist group al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula on September 30. This Travel Alert expires on November 30, 2011. On 30 September, U.S. and Yemeni government officials confirmed that dual U.S.-Yemeni citizen Anwar al-Awlaki, the external operations leader of Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), was killed in Yemen. Open source information also indicates that U.S. citizen and AQAP propagandist Samir Khan was killed along with him. Awlaki played a key role in advancing AQAP plots targeting the United States. The death of Awlaki, in the near term, could provide motivation for anti-American attacks worldwide from individuals or groups seeking to retaliate against U.S. citizens or interests because of this action. In the past Awlaki and other members of AQPA have called for attacks against the United States, U.S. citizens and U.S. interests. Awlaki¿s standing as a preeminent English-language advocate of violence could potentially trigger anti-American acts worldwide to avenge his death. U.S. citizens are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the embassy/consulates to contact them in case of emergency. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, on a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Stay up to date by bookmarking our Bureau of Consular Affairs website, which contains the current Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts as well as the Worldwide Caution. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs page on facebook as well.

jpg1747
October 2nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
I'm going to check both of my bags at the pier so I don't have anything to carry on but my purse and a small tote bag (I'm packing that empty in the suitcase). After I get off the Hotel Continental Party Bus and get checked in and on the ship, I'm going the Cucina for lunch and then head to the Lido aft bar for my first of many DODs and to do some meeting and greeting.

CruiseHappy14
October 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Good morning, all this Floridian can say is burr! Woke up to a temp of 49:eek:! Erica

lives to cruise
October 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Really chilly here in Maryland but I am soooooooo happy we are out of our heat spell. Now if we can just get this rain down to Texas life would be perfect. :)

I will have the buttons with me at the Ramblas Ramble so those of you that ordered them and will be going on the Ramble with us can pick them up then. I will also have them at the M&G on the Lido.

Have a great Sunday everyone and for those leaving this week, safe travels and we will see you soon.

mauraoel
October 2nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
You will be happy to know all the wardrobe boxes have made it from Storage but now the empty ones are cloging my office.

Still haven't found the suitcases but knowing that I intend to buy a new set next weekend helps the panic. Found the Garment Bag in one of the Wardrobe boxes so we have that.

As I said previously the empty boxes are cloging my office but one of the plans for today is to get my system up and running while I do laundry of course.

The decision was made anything still in storage was just going to have to sit there for another month. I just don't have time to deal with it until we return. I want to get what is here unpacked so the kids aren't living in a forrest of boxes while we are gone.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Lucinda

Clairescurtains
October 2nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Only 1 more Sunday to go!
It is so hard to believe, I started this count at 58 Sundays and now we only have one to go. Amazing!:D
I am glad you found your clothes, the boxes will disappear or leave them and let the kids deal, they will probably just ignore them with no problem. I do understand though, we will clean house before we leave, just in case anyone has to come in here if the pirates :pget us.
I plan on a practice pack today, the wash is going so after I read the paper that is my goal for the day. Al is off playing golf so he is out of my way and I can fume and fuss without censure.:eek:
This week I also plan on getting an itinerary together [flight numbers, hotel, name of ship in case they forgot:rolleyes:] so all those near and dear can keep track of our whereabouts.
Getting a perm on Tue so I will have poofy white hair for the trip. I need to be getting all those pesky things taken care of. Don't forget to call the ins man and let him know
our neighbor's, that is in charge of the house, name. Same for the vet, call the credit card companies and let them know we will be gone. It is endless.
Oh yea, don't forget to pay all the bills.:eek:
Now we need to be careful of terrorists as well as pickpockets, yikers!
Not gonna' worry about it.:)
Have a really good busy week, peeps

lettienets
October 2nd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Only 1 more Sunday to go! ...........

I can't believe it either. It seemed forever Claire when you posted the first countdown. I am starting to pack too. I start getting nervous around now until I get to the departure lounge. It is always a big step closer when you print the boarding pass.
I did a trial run to the airport on Thurs by the commuter transit bus, $9.60 senior rate return. An airport pickup service return from my house is $172 + tip. So I am going to give the bus a try. I only live 3 blocks from the terminal and can get off the bus on my return across the road from my condo (live downtown).

luv2cruz44
October 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I can't believe it either. It seemed forever Claire when you posted the first countdown. I am starting to pack too. I start getting nervous around now until I get to the departure lounge. It is always a big step closer when you print the boarding pass.
I did a trial run to the airport on Thurs by the commuter transit bus, $9.60 senior rate return. An airport pickup service return from my house is $172 + tip. So I am going to give the bus a try. I only live 3 blocks from the terminal and can get off the bus on my return across the road from my condo (live downtown).

Loretta, we too are doing the train/BART (bay area rapid transit) to get to the airport (San Francisco) from Sacramento. It takes around 4 hours so we are not able to do a trial run. I did do it in May when my daughter and I went to France, so think I can manage it easily. Gale is very nervous about it though so, like you, I will be glad when we arrive at the airport and are waiting for our flight.

lettienets
October 2nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Loretta, we too are doing the train/BART (bay area rapid transit) to get to the airport (San Francisco) from Sacramento. .............
Since I turned 65 I noticed a lot of savings for seniors. I have the time now to take public transit and am actually amazed how far I can get with it for what I need to do. Since I live downtown I rarely take out my car. I can't even remember when and where I last bought gas, which I only buy when I am going somewhere far. It is walkable here to the mall, transit, library, art gallery, theatres, YW, market, government offices, etc. Love it.

XXCRUISER_01
October 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Really chilly here in Maryland but I am soooooooo happy we are out of our heat spell. Now if we can just get this rain down to Texas life would be perfect.

I will have the buttons with me at the Ramblas Ramble so those of you that ordered them and will be going on the Ramble with us can pick them up then. I will also have them at the M&G on the Lido.

Have a great Sunday everyone and for those leaving this week, safe travels and we will see you soon.

Wating for the Ramblas Ramble and ready to pay for the button.
Only 1 more Sunday to go!
It is so hard to believe, I started this count at 58 Sundays and now we only have one to go. Amazing!:D
I am glad you found your clothes, the boxes will disappear or leave them and let the kids deal, they will probably just ignore them with no problem. I do understand though, we will clean house before we leave, just in case anyone has to come in here if the pirates :pget us.
I plan on a practice pack today, the wash is going so after I read the paper that is my goal for the day. Al is off playing golf so he is out of my way and I can fume and fuss without censure.:eek:
This week I also plan on getting an itinerary together [flight numbers, hotel, name of ship in case they forgot:rolleyes:] so all those near and dear can keep track of our whereabouts.
Getting a perm on Tue so I will have poofy white hair for the trip. I need to be getting all those pesky things taken care of. Don't forget to call the ins man and let him know
our neighbor's, that is in charge of the house, name. Same for the vet, call the credit card companies and let them know we will be gone. It is endless.
Oh yea, don't forget to pay all the bills.
Now we need to be careful of terrorists as well as pickpockets, yikers!
Not gonna' worry about it.
Have a really good busy week, peeps

I booked my April 2013 Suez Canal cruise 20 months out. Don`t want to write down the number of sundays.
Since last Sunday I am all set booking my flights and hotels until my Aug 2012 Jewel TA. Still final payment for the Costa and Jewel cruises to be done.
At least the pickpockets won`t have a chance in Rome as I don`t go there:).
We have a beautiful sunny day today. Temperatures at 82 F. Tomorrow is a German public holiday.
Have to wait to finish my garden work until wednesday.
Ralf

HLN500
October 2nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
All this talk about packing.
Yes we'll pack tomorrow....before we leave our daughter in Mass where we spent Rosh Hoshana.
Hope the eye Dr can prescribe reading glasses Friday before Yom Kipper. Just had cateret surgery in both eyes so the first time in 60 years I can get out of bed without glasses:D.
Also scored free tix for Eric Burden and the Animals @ the Hard Rock.
Since we don't fly til the 14th probably will take down our luggage on the 12th. We have the packing down pat. Less is more but we plan to do laundry----but on RCL guess we may hand wash things.
Probably need to take new pix w/o glasses for my avator:).
Gotta finalize our land plans this week.

RLKELK
October 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
[quote=rjcdvc75;30766646]OK......Regarding Marseille. I think I have this almost figured out. My wife and I are going to go to Aix de Provence. We are taking the train. I have the schedule printed out and a map of St Charles Station in Marseille. There are a gazillion trains back and forth so that shouldn't be a problem. The only part that is still a little shaky is getting to the station from the port. Anybody know the best way??

Aix en Provence Train Station

If you do want to take the train instead of the bus, here are the directions to the train station. At the corner of Vieux Port where the HoHo bus leaves from, you are standing on Quai du Port. Almost right across the street you will see Rue du Juge du Palais. Cross the street and walk up Rue du Juge du Palais about 60 yards until you hit Rue de la Coutellerie. Continue on Rue du Dr Denis Avierinos (the street changes names) until you hit Rue de la Reine Elisabeth where you turn right. Rue de la Reine Elisabeth turns to the left and changes its name to Rue de Bir Hakeium. The train station is located directly in front of you about 400 yards away. You will also see the arch as a reference point. IMPORTANT: If you do take the train be sure to take the regular train to Aix en Provence and not the TVG train, as the TVG station is miles from town while the regular train station is right in the heart of Aix en Provence. While the directions to the train station sound daunting, it would take no more than 5-minutes to take the walk from Vieux Port. If you want simpler directions, follow the directions to the Aix en Provence bus and then continue on to the train station.

Valp41
October 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Loretta, I think we all agree - You're great to do this for us!

Val, I was looking at the "other" site and don't see you and Roger. I was just checking people out hoping to recognize them.
Patsy

I think you may be looking at the 7th October Roll Call Patsy. We re on the Transatlantic. See you soon.:)

See you on the 16th Tracey.:D Have a safe trip to Barcelona and a great cruise.

I don't believe it either Loretta. two weeks today we will be on board/ I think that is an amazing price to get to Toronto. and return too. We have friends taking us but am a little anxious about coming back as our Air Canada plane does not get in until 9-15p.m. then two hours on the road.

Safe trip. Thanks for keeping the lists up to date as usual a super job. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Val.:)

jplewis
October 2nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Val, I meant *************......... where we have pictures posted.

I don't think we'll register with the site Judy was telling us about. As we won't have a cell phone with us, hopefully, if there's an emergency the ship will know about it.

I threw all my clothes and shoes in a suitcase just to weigh and I'm below 40 lbs. Even though we're booked with Continental part of the flight is on Lufstanza to Frankfurt and they only allow 44 lbs. checked and 18 lbs. carry one. Ugh!!
As far as clothes, it it's not comfortable, it's not going.
Patsy

Europebound
October 2nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
It depends what you want to see. We just planned on strolling, enjoying the views, sampling some limoncello, maybe buying some little trinkets. There are lovely gardens everywhere!

The only part I don't remember (it was 4 years ago since we were there) is exactly where the funiculare is to get up to Capri town from the marina grande. I didn't pay attention cause we were with a group. But I doubt it will be hard to find, as other pax will be heading there too.

When in doubt, follow the crowd!

Paula

When we went to Capri in May, the boat to Capri was just a short walk from the ship. Then, once on Capri, the funicular was a very short walk a little to the left from where the boat let us off. Also, the place to buy tickets for the funicular was a short walk to the right from where we got let off. Hope this helps. Marilyn

go fish 44
October 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM
Lettients, does this commuter transit bus go to Toronto International? and does it stop in Burlington? Sue

cer10lee
October 2nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
When we went to Capri in May, the boat to Capri was just a short walk from the ship. Then, once on Capri, the funicular was a very short walk a little to the left from where the boat let us off. Also, the place to buy tickets for the funicular was a short walk to the right from where we got let off. Hope this helps. Marilyn

Thank you Marilyn; we did a ferry from Sorrento last time we visited Capri and, like I said, we were with our tour group so we just followed the crowd.

There will be 4 other ships in Naples besides the Magic, so I imagine we will once again be able to follow the crowd. I saw a picture of the entrance to the funicular on you tube yesterday AFTER I posted about not remembering. It started to come back to me when I saw the entrance.

There is a lovely perfume shop that we visited last time. There is a legend about the Carthusia perfume that suckered us right in! But it does smell nice, and I might buy more.

Maybe you can offer some ideas here of what you enjoyed on Capri!

Clairescurtains
October 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
I did a practice run packing and since it is in the bag I think I will just leave it. I will be the wrinkled one on the aft Lido at 2:00.:o
I got most of my clothes packed in the suitcase and carry on with the exception of two tops, one pair of shoes and my undies. The suitcase weighed about 42 pounds. It is hard to balance a suitcase on the scale without taking some of the weight off the scale so that is approximate.:rolleyes: I didn't try to weigh the carry on. Since It is not huge it shouldn't be a problem.
I do have some room left but Al may have to share a little bit of his room. ;)I did not try to pack his stuff yet, I am not too worried about his stuff fitting in the suitcase.
I also got the bills for the first of the month set up and will do that again for the mid month and first of next months just before we leave.:)
Things are coming right along.:D

Edit:
Saw your post about Capri after entering my message.
There is a beautiful botanical garden at the top of the mountain if that is something you might enjoy, there were gorgeous views as well as the flowers.

TexasFrank
October 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
All this talk about packing.
Yes we'll pack tomorrow....before we leave our daughter in Mass where we spent Rosh Hoshana.
Hope the eye Dr can prescribe reading glasses Friday before Yom Kipper. Just had cateret surgery in both eyes so the first time in 60 years I can get out of bed without glasses:D.
Also scored free tix for Eric Burden and the Animals @ the Hard Rock.
Since we don't fly til the 14th probably will take down our luggage on the 12th. We have the packing down pat. Less is more but we plan to do laundry----but on RCL guess we may hand wash things.
Probably need to take new pix w/o glasses for my avator:).
Gotta finalize our land plans this week.
I had the same surgery 2 years ago and I just buy reading glasses at Walgreen's. Mostly 1 power, but I have 1.25 and 1.50 also. I have glasses all over my house, but no prescriptions.

Europebound
October 2nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Thank you Marilyn; we did a ferry from Sorrento last time we visited Capri and, like I said, we were with our tour group so we just followed the crowd.

There will be 4 other ships in Naples besides the Magic, so I imagine we will once again be able to follow the crowd. I saw a picture of the entrance to the funicular on you tube yesterday AFTER I posted about not remembering. It started to come back to me when I saw the entrance.

There is a lovely perfume shop that we visited last time. There is a legend about the Carthusia perfume that suckered us right in! But it does smell nice, and I might buy more.

Maybe you can offer some ideas here of what you enjoyed on Capri! I can cer10lee answer that!!:) I (we) enjoyed sitting, with friends, at a cafe near the top of the funicula watching the masses of tourists go by!!;) We were having local beer, black sambuca, and pizza!!:) Twas very nice!!;) Steve

cer10lee
October 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
I can cer10lee answer that!!:) I (we) enjoyed sitting, with friends, at a cafe near the top of the funicula watching the masses of tourists go by!!;) We were having local beer, black sambuca, and pizza!!:) Twas very nice!!;) Steve

Well, now I know where to find Steve and Marilyn!

mauraoel
October 2nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Go Ravens!!!

lives to cruise
October 2nd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Go Ravens!!!

Ditto!!!!

lettienets
October 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Lettients, does this commuter transit bus go to Toronto International? and does it stop in Burlington? Sue
It goes to T1 at Pearson/Toronto airport. This GO bus (#407 Route) stops in Burlington only at the commuter carpool parking lots at #407 and Dundas, and at #407 and Bronte Rd, and #407 and Trafalgar. This GO bus is on the route that starts in Guelph, Hamilton, York Univ. (Stops in many places.)
You change GO busses at Bramalee (Brampton Local HWY 27 and 427 GO bus) and get a 19 min one from there to T1 at Pearson.
It is actually more efficient than it sounds, that is why I tried it out already.

Valp41
October 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
I can cer10lee answer that!!:) I (we) enjoyed sitting, with friends, at a cafe near the top of the funicula watching the masses of tourists go by!!;) We were having local beer, black sambuca, and pizza!!:) Twas very nice!!;) Steve

Beer for DH and black sambuca or limoncello for me. Thanks Steve and Narilyn for the ideas. Much appreciated.

Val.

Buckeye Geo
October 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
I did a practice run packing and since it is in the bag I think I will just leave it. I will be the wrinkled one on the aft Lido at 2:00.:o
I got most of my clothes packed in the suitcase and carry on with the exception of two tops, one pair of shoes and my undies. The suitcase weighed about 42 pounds. It is hard to balance a suitcase on the scale without taking some of the weight off the scale so that is approximate.:rolleyes: I didn't try to weigh the carry on. Since It is not huge it shouldn't be a problem.
I do have some room left but Al may have to share a little bit of his room. ;)I did not try to pack his stuff yet, I am not too worried about his stuff fitting in the suitcase.
I also got the bills for the first of the month set up and will do that again for the mid month and first of next months just before we leave.:)
Things are coming right along.:D

Edit:
Saw your post about Capri after entering my message.
There is a beautiful botanical garden at the top of the mountain if that is something you might enjoy, there were gorgeous views as well as the flowers.

Claire, the way to check the weight of your bag is to weigh yourself than weigh yourself holding the bag, this way the result is more accurate.

Clairescurtains
October 2nd, 2011, 11:30 PM
Claire, the way to check the weight of your bag is to weigh yourself than weigh yourself holding the bag, this way the result is more accurate.

Actually Al did that, no way am I gonna' weigh holding a humongo suitcase and let anyone see the total.:o:p:D

go fish 44
October 3rd, 2011, 12:44 AM
It goes to T1 at Pearson/Toronto airport. This GO bus (#407 Route) stops in Burlington only at the commuter carpool parking lots at #407 and Dundas, and at #407 and Bronte Rd, and #407 and Trafalgar. This GO bus is on the route that starts in Guelph, Hamilton, York Univ. (Stops in many places.)
You change GO busses at Bramalee (Brampton Local HWY 27 and 427 GO bus) and get a 19 min one from there to T1 at Pearson.
It is actually more efficient than it sounds, that is why I tried it out already.
Wow thanks for the info we are very close to the 407 and Dundas lot. The things we learn on Cruise Critic eh Thanks Sue

Europebound
October 3rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Go Ravens!!!

DOUBLE DITTO!!!

Can we borrow some of that defense for our other Birds?? The 'stinking ones'!:o:o:o Steve

jplewis
October 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Beer for DH and black sambuca or limoncello for me. Thanks Steve and Narilyn for the ideas. Much appreciated.

Val.

I second that - sounds good to me. But I've never had black sambuca. Is it a wine or what?

Actually Al did that, no way am I gonna' weigh holding a humongo suitcase and let anyone see the total.:o:p:D

A couple of years ago we bought a travel weight - has a hook for suitcase - at Target for $10. We take it with us so we don't overpack one suitcase coming home. Well worth it.
Patsy

lives to cruise
October 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM
I second that - sounds good to me. But I've never had black sambuca. Is it a wine or what? Patsy

Patsy, it is a delicious liquor. Licourice and yummy. :)

kikikoko
October 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
11 Days from now we will be on our way to Houston then to Barcelona HEY HEY away we go. Looking SOOOOOO forward to meeting you all on board. DEE and WAYNE ;)

luv2cruz44
October 3rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
DOUBLE DITTO!!!

Can we borrow some of that defense for our other Birds?? The 'stinking ones'!:o:o:o Steve

Are you referring to our national bird, Steve? Ahem (loudly clearing throat)...I believe they were beaten by one of those left coast teams, you know the ones that seem to fall short in the Super Bowl.

jplewis
October 3rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Patsy, it is a delicious liquor. Licourice and yummy. :)

I actually love licourice so will definitely have to try it.

Valp41
October 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
I second that - sounds good to me. But I've never had black sambuca. Is it a wine or what?

A couple of years ago we bought a travel weight - has a hook for suitcase - at Target for $10. We take it with us so we don't overpack one suitcase coming home. Well worth it.
Patsy

It is a liquor Patsy. If you like liquorice you will enjoy it.

We always take our scale with us.

See you all soon. Two weeks time we will be in Marseilles.

Val.

rjcdvc75
October 3rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Having only gone on Caribbean cruises here's a fashion question. Is it appropriate to wear white pants on this cruise since its late here???

Debbie:confused:

lettienets
October 3rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Wow thanks for the info we are very close to the 407 and Dundas lot. The things we learn on Cruise Critic eh Thanks Sue
On the post at the #407 and Dundas commuter parking lot you will see the schedule that will go to Bramalee. Then you change there for the one to the airport T1 (anyone needing T3 will take the connector between the terminals) Take a drive over and check out the parlkng lot. Make sure you are looking at the right schedules as they are confusing by their route names. You buy the tickets on the bus.
Check with GO for all the times and schedules. Or GO and ask at a GO station to be sure.
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/lstser.aspx

jgeraci7
October 3rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
I wonder how the Bears and Packers did. ;) So busy making out cruise lists that I didn't get a chance to watch either game.:rolleyes:
I'll just assume that they once again beat those other teams!

Seriously, I'm having a terrible time deciding what clothes to pack. What's going to fit with this fancy brace? :( I definitely will be making a new fashion statement!:eek:
JoyceG

luv2cruz44
October 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM
Good Morning,

This is for Quince and anyone else who was interested in the First Luggage program offered by British Air. I finally got a callback. The way it works is that they pick up your checked luggage at your home and deliver it, either to your hotel or to the ship. If to the ship, there is an additional port charge that can be up to $100.00 per bag. If to your hotel, it is $240.00 per bag. Since this would cost us more than our tickets did, we will be carrying our own luggage, lol. However, for those of you who are interested, the phone number is 1 800 224-5781.

The other thing I might add is that in order to insure it gets to to the hotel on time, they would need to collect it from us no later than this coming Friday.

ruthie101
October 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Nobody's mentioned my LIONS but they did beat the Dallas Cowboys!!!:D:p

jgeraci7
October 3rd, 2011, 12:15 PM

Can you believe it!? Those Lions are actually winning games!
JoyceG;)

Valp41
October 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Having only gone on Caribbean cruises here's a fashion question. Is it appropriate to wear white pants on this cruise since its late here???

Debbie:confused:

I am definitely taking White pants and capris. They look good at dinner with any colour. I am trying to stick with black and white, beiges too.

Val.

Buckeye Geo
October 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Here is the weather website. The one below is for Barcelona (10 day) You would have to check it as we get closer. You can shange the location by inserting the next port at the upper left and continue for all the other ports. So far the weather looks great.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/SPXX0015

Buckeye Geo
October 3rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I am definitely taking White pants and capris. They look good at dinner with any colour. I am trying to stick with black and white, beiges too.

Val.

Please be careful on the night they serve Italian. The red sauce doesn't mix will with white pants or white shirts or blouses.HAHA:):eek:

go fish 44
October 3rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
On the post at the #407 and Dundas commuter parking lot you will see the schedule that will go to Bramalee. Then you change there for the one to the airport T1 (anyone needing T3 will take the connector between the terminals) Take a drive over and check out the parlkng lot. Make sure you are looking at the right schedules as they are confusing by their route names. You buy the tickets on the bus.
Check with GO for all the times and schedules. Or GO and ask at a GO station to be sure.
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/lstser.aspx
Thanks for all the info on the GO. We will not need to take Go this time as we leave on Sat and return on Sat and our daughter lives here in Burlington so we can get a drive to airport but it is good to have options and not need to take a limo. thanks again Sue

Buckeye Geo
October 3rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
A quick question for experience Canival Cruises. The cost of doing wash on board is $3.00 per load & $3.00 per dryer. My question is, do I need to have coins or dollar bills on hand or do I use my Sea Pass?????

Buckeye Geo
October 3rd, 2011, 01:47 PM

As a die hard Giant Fan I root for any team that beats the Cowboy. Thank you Lions!!!! Go Giants!!!

Europebound
October 3rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Are you referring to our national bird, Steve? Ahem (loudly clearing throat)...I believe they were beaten by one of those left coast teams, you know the ones that seem to fall short in the Super Bowl. Yes, twas the 49ers!;) But let me test your Fan IQ!:) In which Super Bowls did the 49ers fall short??;) Or did you move the Bills and Vikings quite a bit West??:rolleyes: Steve

kikikoko
October 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Good Morning,

This is for Quince and anyone else who was interested in the First Luggage program offered by British Air. I finally got a callback. The way it works is that they pick up your checked luggage at your home and deliver it, either to your hotel or to the ship. If to the ship, there is an additional port charge that can be up to $100.00 per bag. If to your hotel, it is $240.00 per bag. Since this would cost us more than our tickets did, we will be carrying our own luggage, lol. However, for those of you who are interested, the phone number is 1 800 224-5781.

The other thing I might add is that in order to insure it gets to to the hotel on time, they would need to collect it from us no later than this coming Friday.
Not for me my bags have wheels. So this old bag will pull the other old bag and save the bucks for the botox for the old bag on two feet. See ya soon Dee

jpg1747
October 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
In my world football season doesn't start until after the World Series. Since my Giants and Nationals aren't in it this year, my teams to go all the way are the Detroit Tigers and Milwaukee Brewers. I root for the underdogs or those who haven't won in the longest time.

luv2cruz44
October 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yes, twas the 49ers!;) But let me test your Fan IQ!:) In which Super Bowls did the 49ers fall short??;) Or did you move the Bills and Vikings quite a bit West??:rolleyes: Steve

Actually Steve, I should have said they fall short of getting to the Super Bowl. If they get there, they win. They were definetly the team of the 80s; the 90s and so far this century, not so much.

luv2cruz44
October 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
A quick question for experience Canival Cruises. The cost of doing wash on board is $3.00 per load & $3.00 per dryer. My question is, do I need to have coins or dollar bills on hand or do I use my Sea Pass?????

George, I know you have to use money and I believe it is quarters. Some of the laundries have coin machines and I think guest services will also sell you quarters.

jplewis
October 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM

George, we haven't used Carnival's laundry but on other ships it did take coins. However, you can go to the front desk and get change. We're going to look at the $15 a bag if it's $6 to wash and dry. Hopefully, they would offer that special the first week.
Patsy

SweetThang0629
October 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
11 Days from now we will be on our way to Houston then to Barcelona HEY HEY away we go. Looking SOOOOOO forward to meeting you all on board. DEE and WAYNE ;)

Dee when are you guys leaving out? I am headed out on Friday the 14th on Continental.

jplewis
October 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think this has been mentioned. There is a group, English speaking guides, that give walking tours of the Gothic Quarter and Gaudi sites. They have good reccommendations on Trip Advisor. It is www.runnerbeantours.com. You just give a donation when done if you so choose.
I think we'll do it the day we return from cruise. Tours are at 11:00 a.m. and 4:30. No reservations required.
Patsy

libby10205
October 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
We fly at 6:30 in the morning. I'll see you guys when you get there.

If I have time I will be keeping a blog at
jackandlibby.blogspot.com

When you get there click cruising the med
See you soon.

FL LuluBelle
October 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
As a die hard Giant Fan I root for any team that beats the Cowboy. Thank you Lions!!!! Go Giants!!!

Go GMen!!

cjcruiser27
October 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Usually coins and at some point they offer a special of "stuff the bag" for a certain amount. I get mine done for no charge..past cruiser almost to the 25 mark:DA quick question for experience Canival Cruises. The cost of doing wash on board is $3.00 per load & $3.00 per dryer. My question is, do I need to have coins or dollar bills on hand or do I use my Sea Pass?????

lives to cruise
October 3rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
We fly at 6:30 in the morning. I'll see you guys when you get there.

See you soon.

Libby & Jack, have a safe and great flight and we'll see you in Barcelona.

Valp41
October 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
:DWe fly at 6:30 in the morning. I'll see you guys when you get there.

See you soon.

Thanks for doing that Libby and Jack. Have a great cruise. See you soon.
Have a safe flight.

Val.:)

Quince
October 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Good Morning,

Wow, that's an excessive charge. You wonder if anybody ever actually uses that service.

Although I do have a friend who sends his bags by UPS ahead of time, and swears it's easier. For me, it would mean having to make all those packing decisions that much earlier.:eek:

luv2cruz44
October 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Wow, that's an excessive charge. You wonder if anybody ever actually uses that service.

Although I do have a friend who sends his bags by UPS ahead of time, and swears it's easier. For me, it would mean having to make all those packing decisions that much earlier.:eek:

I'm glad to know you feel the same way I did when the young lady told me the cost. I too, think it was costly. Actually, someone from the TA told me about this service and I believe they are using it.

I did re-work somethings today. Gale has been getting increasingly nervous about our arrangements to get to SFO (San Francisco) from Sacramento. As a result, I found a service that will drive us from my DDs house to the airport. It is more expensive than taking the train and BART but, if it sets my DH mind at ease, it is worth the price which is $150.00.

Also, packing is done, Hooray! Both of our checked bags are between 20-21 kgs so should work. Still need to pick up one more thing and pack the small hand luggage.

mauraoel
October 3rd, 2011, 09:34 PM
I have my office back up and running only took me a month!!! I am so happy to have my duel monitors, desktop with all my ebooks and music, and my printer online again. I can actually contemplate starting the process of printing everything out and compiling my travel folder.

Still don't have any suitcases but definitely going to Sam's to get the set I have been eyeing since last year.

I have to get Jeff packed for a business trip next Monday... I am going to be doing some laundry on Friday morning before we leave since he won't get back until Thursday evening. I told Jeff's boss on Saturday that he was offically removed from the momentos list! He just winked at me and told me it would heighten the anticipation of the trip I told him he was high on bat sh**! Then his son ended up whacking him with a wiffle ball bat so I felt vindicated!!

Hope everyone who is traveling now has a safe and fun trip; and for the rest of us that we don't die from anticipation.

nickb
October 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many people have packed already. I can pretty much assure I will be packing late on the night before we leave. I don't necessarily want it to be that way, but that's the way it usually works.

We also bought a digital luggage scale which we will try out on this trip. The price of the BA luggage program is unbelievable.

Nick

bflowngs
October 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM
Wow!!! I am so glad we live only 20 minutes away from our airport!! My sister and her husband live 90 mins. from BUF, so they just get a hotel room the night before and park their car there for the duration of their trip.

I have the Delta AMEX card that allows me one free piece of luggage per passenger....hopefully that will be in addition to the free bag you get when you go to Europe....need to check that out!!!

Will pack a day or two before we leave....not that worried about it!!:)

ruthie101
October 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
I was very concerned about where to leave our car. We are flying out of Detroit metro and I checked the parking on the internet for 29 days. It would cost us just under $300 for a safe place then our Grandaughters husband volunteered to take us and pick us up!!!
This is a really big deal because we live 3 hrs. from Detroit!! What a great young man!! I guess all the nights we let him stay here because it's closer to his work paid off!!!;)

pjss26
October 3rd, 2011, 11:17 PM

I hope I'm doing this right, I've not replied on this before. In my past experience on Carnival with laundry rooms, we used cash/dollars/coins, not our sea pass. Hope that helps. See you on board!

Buckeye Geo
October 3rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice on using the washer & dryers on board.

We will start to pack mid week and will be driving to Philly next Tuesday to visit my family. My son will drive us to the airport on Thursday and he will pick us up on the 28th. We will be just in time a help our granddaughter go trick or treating on Halloween.

.Hope everyone has a safe trip.

Quince
October 3rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
I'm glad there are other late packers! I was beginning to feel like I was the only unorganized one. And I guarantee that my husband will be packing at 9 pm the night we leave -- oh wait, I just remembered we're taking an evening flight this time, so I guess he'll pack at 3 pm.;) I am jealous, though, of all those who are already on their way to Europe.

Ann, we used to live in Bodega Bay, and that drive to the San Francisco airport was always a killer! We could make the trip in 90 minutes if traffic was good, but after a 5 hour flight, we just wanted to get home NOW.

I'm so glad that the weather looks favorable, although now that we live in Phoenix, anything under 80 feels cold.:) Although my DH will be in shorts everyday, as usual, I'll probably be the one bundled up cause I think those buses and dining rooms and theaters can be cold!

Kerry

luv2cruz44
October 4th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Ann, we used to live in Bodega Bay, and that drive to the San Francisco airport was always a killer! We could make the trip in 90 minutes if traffic was good, but after a 5 hour flight, we just wanted to get home NOW.

Kerry

Kerry, I grew up in Santa Rosa and my former in-laws had a cottage at Bodega Bay where they spent all their weekends. Small world, isn't it? Also, we spend part of our winter in Yuma so even are geographically close to you then, lol. See you onboard.

By the way you can tell the, in the terminology of Freud, "anal" ones in this group. We are the ones who are packed over a week before we leave!

bflowngs
October 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
When we go on our carribean cruises, we literally throw our stuff in our suitcases the night before, and somehow it just works out!!

This trip will take a little more planning....we may start in the afternoon instead of at midnight!!!:)

ladysail2
October 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Just letting you know that I'm leaving today for Barcelona! I'm taking the Oct. 7 sailing of Magic.....and am looking forward to meeting everyone on the 16th, if not before!!

Safe travels to one and all.....:D

Joyce :)

bflowngs
October 4th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Safe travels, Joyce. We will see you on board on the 16th!! You will be the seasoned Magic cruiser by then!!:)

luv2cruz44
October 4th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Just letting you know that I'm leaving today for Barcelona! I'm taking the Oct. 7 sailing of Magic.....and am looking forward to meeting everyone on the 16th, if not before!!

Bon Voyage, Joyce. Enjoy your first leg and looking forward to meeting you. Be sure and buy lots of coffee!

jgeraci7
October 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Bon Voyage! See you on board the 16th.

janetop
October 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM

will see you both times!
shane and janet

Buckeye Geo
October 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM
BON VOYAGE! to all Oct.7th cruisers....Have a safe trip. We will see you on the 16th.:)

FL LuluBelle
October 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Boy when they say things come in 3's they mean it. We lost our 18 year old nephew yesterday, my cat is in surgery and I have an infected toe. I really need to get through this day. My sister-in-law donated her sons organs and 4 people now have another chance at life. Sharen.

mauraoel
October 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Boy when they say things come in 3's they mean it. We lost our 18 year old nephew yesterday, my cat is in surgery and I have an infected toe. I really need to get through this day. My sister-in-law donated her sons organs and 4 people now have another chance at life. Sharen.

What a rough day... My heart goes out to you and your family.

Lucinda

Clairescurtains
October 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM

Eighteen is way to young, sorry for your and your family's loss.

I hope your toe gets better soon, and hope the kitty does OK.

Bon Voyage to all that are headed out, have a safe and fun trip.

Sundiego
October 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Sharen, I'm so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

~Denise

jpg1747
October 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM

Sharen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hope you and your cat have full recoveries.

cer10lee
October 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM

have a safe trip, see you on the 16th!

(we leave this Saturday!)

luv2cruz44
October 4th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Sharen, our good thoughts and prayers heading in your direction. And what wonderful parents to have donated those organs. It's good to know your nephew will live on.

CruiseHappy14
October 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM

Hoping things improve for you. So sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. Erica

ruthie101
October 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Sharen, so sorry about your nephew. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ruth

Europebound
October 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Joyce :)Have a great flight, Joyce!:) These two 'charter' Magic cruisers will see you on the 16th!!:p:D Steve

carolynsd
October 4th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Sharen
So sorry for the loss of your nephew. I cannot begin to imagine the devastation and sorrow of losing a 18 year old. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Hope your cat has a quick recovery, and your toe heals quickly.
Carolyn

jgeraci7
October 4th, 2011, 04:01 PM

So sorry to hear of your loss. Eighteen is way too young to have life over with.
Your sister-in-law is to be commended for her brave donation of his organs.

When I worked in OR, I was always amazed by the generosity of families when faced with such a devastating loss.

My condolences to all of you.
JoyceG

jplewis
October 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Sharen, that is so sad and like others, I commend his mother for letting others live through her son's organs. I will be praying for family.
I recently had an ingrown toenail removed so can sympathize with you on that.
Patsy

luv2cruz44
October 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Woo-hoo! I just took my last shopping trip and the shirts I ordered are on their way home. I think I'm ready. Now, I just have to find things to keep my mind occupied during the next week.

chumley28540
October 4th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hi there. We are from Jacksonville, NC - also Pirate Fans and will be on the Magic oct 16th sailing. What deck are you on?

bflowngs
October 4th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Hi there. We are from Jacksonville, NC - also Pirate Fans and will be on the Magic oct 16th sailing. What deck are you on?

We are on deck 10!! We will have our Parrot at the meet and greet on Sunday...stop by......ARRRR!!!! Go Pirates!!!

kikikoko
October 4th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Dee when are you guys leaving out? I am headed out on Friday the 14th on Continental.
Heading for Barcelona Oct 12th 2011. YEA>>>> One week from tomorrow. Bet I bet I don't sleep next Tuesday night. I will be awake all night trying to remember what I may have forgotten?????? HAHa HO HO and giggle giggle. So what if I forgot to make the mortage payment?????? and are the electric bill. WELL so what if we forget something. When we are on our way, Forget every thing>>>>>> BUT WE are on Holiday and we are going to have FUN. We will deal with Life when we get Home in A MONTH. YEA>>>> A whole MONTH of fun with all of YOU. See ya on board DEE and of course WAYNE :):):)

kikikoko
October 4th, 2011, 11:19 PM

Joyce Make sure everything is AOK for all of us joining you on the 16th. Happy traveling see ya soon Dee :) :)

kikikoko
October 4th, 2011, 11:30 PM

My heart hurts for you pain and admires your family for their donation. So 4 people will have a life. Get through today, tomorrow will take care of its self hopefully for the better. See ya on board a good reward for just getting past todays problems. Thinking of you Sharen. Dee :(>>>>>to :)

kikikoko
October 4th, 2011, 11:31 PM

My heart hurts for you pain and admires your family for their donation. So 4 people will have a life. Get through today, tomorrow will take care of its self hopefully for the better. See ya on board a good reward for just getting past todays problems. Thinking of you Sharen. Dee :(>>>>>to :)

kikikoko
October 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Woo-hoo! I just took my last shopping trip and the shirts I ordered are on their way home. I think I'm ready. Now, I just have to find things to keep my mind occupied during the next week.

Ann you could come to Tyler and help me polish silver. I would not want you to be board next week. giggle giggle. Maybe I should just go to bed and start over tomorrow???. What do ya think????? Dee after cocktails. :):):)

nickb
October 5th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Sharen

Our sympathy on your loss.

Nick

aussie2324
October 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Made it to Barcelona. The weather is beautiful. Short sleeve and Capri weather.

cjcruiser27
October 5th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yeah!! Have a wonderful time, I am envious! Is it your first time to BCN?Made it to Barcelona. The weather is beautiful. Short sleeve and Capri weather.

CruiseHappy14
October 5th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I want to thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I'm still in shock over my nephews death. My cat did fine with surgery, she had to have her pinky toe amputated due to a mass and I'm on an antibiotic for my toe! I am going to be first in line for a spa pass:D Magic here we come...:D Sharen

FL LuluBelle
October 5th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I want to thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I'm still in shock over my nephews death. My cat did fine with surgery, she had to have her pinky toe amputated due to a mass and I'm on an antibiotic for my toe! I am going to be first in line for a spa pass:D Magic here we come...:D Sharen

Hey guys, My friend Erica stopped by before work and I asked her to post a reply for me from yesterday ~ my head is still pounding from crying. She used her Ipad so it came up as her. We tried to edit it but we were unable. Sorry. Once again thank you for your kind words and prayers. Sharen

Buckeye Geo
October 5th, 2011, 07:37 AM

Thanks for the glowing weather report.:)

lives to cruise
October 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Hey guys, My friend Erica stopped by before work and I asked her to post a reply for me from yesterday ~ my head is still pounding from crying. She used her Ipad so it came up as her. We tried to edit it but we were unable. Sorry. Once again thank you for your kind words and prayers. Sharen

Sharen, Sorry I am late in posting this. I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. You and your family are in my prayers.

Now, as for the toes. Praying for quick healing for you and your kitty. :)

Looking forward to meeting you in Barcelona!

lives to cruise
October 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM

Yay Tracey! You made it! :)

Thanks for the weather report. How's the hotel? Have a fantastic cruise!:)

lives to cruise
October 5th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone. :)

Sorry I have been kinda AWOL from here. Seems that my work has finally realized I will be gone for three weeks and suddenly everybody has "This has got to be completed before you leave." projects for me. UGH! :mad:

Anyway, I hope you all have safe and enjoyable trips to BCN and I can hardly wait to meet ya'll in person.

Ann, I am definitely looking forward to our wine toast on the 15th. I am going to need it! :D

Valp41
October 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM

I bet you are exhausted. That is a long trip.

Thanks for the weather update. Hope it stays that way.

Are you using the IPad?

See you soon
Val.

luv2cruz44
October 5th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone. :)

Ann, I am definitely looking forward to our wine toast on the 15th. I am going to need it! :D

Us too, Sallie, us too. Cheers!

lettienets
October 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Wow, peeps arriving in BCN already! I hope we get more reports on weather, the ship and the fun! I find it hard to sleep with all the anticipation the closer a trip gets. I am trying to stay calm. I think in BCN I have too many things already I want to see and do. I have tried to get fit for the trip with lots of walking and pool aerobics. I was in Spain last Oct for 3 weeks and the weather was lovely. The Med weather should be warm during the day. Wow, can't wait!
Here are my travel critters again.

luv2cruz44
October 5th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Good morning all,

I just thought I would mention that I contacted the ocean players club today and they offered a "premium" gift pack that will be delivered to our cabin that first day. I have no idea what a premium gift pack is but it is certainly better than anything we've ever gotten before, which is NOTHING, lol.

Valp41
October 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Wow, peeps arriving in BCN already! I hope we get more reports on weather, the ship and the fun! I find it hard to sleep with all the anticipation the closer a trip gets. I am trying to stay calm. I think in BCN I have too many things already I want to see and do. I have tried to get fit for the trip with lots of walking and pool aerobics. I was in Spain last Oct for 3 weeks and the weather was lovely. The Med weather should be warm during the day. Wow, can't wait!
Here are my travel critters again.

Hi Loretts. Can you believe we are nearly there? When we booked in Jan 2010 I thought it was ridiculous booking that far out. Haven 't been on a cruise for two years!!! We have done two land vacations in Portugal during our winters and a side trip to England.

Looking forward to seeing you and the critters. Are you still going to the Opera?

Weather lovely here must be the same with you.

Val.

lettienets
October 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hi Loretts. Can you believe we are nearly there? When we booked in Jan 2010 I thought it was ridiculous booking that far out. Haven 't been on a cruise for two years!!! We have done two land vacations in Portugal during our winters and a side trip to England.

Looking forward to seeing you and the critters. Are you still going to the Opera?

Weather lovely here must be the same with you.

Val.
I can't believe the cruise is finally here. I have done several trips as well since booking it. Feel guilty all these trips! I just find it too difficult keeping up with roll calls so far out. I don't intend to join anymore this far out either.
Ordered my opera ticket online. It starts strangely early at 6pm.

Are you going to go back to Portugal this winter for another long stay?

jpg1747
October 5th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Good morning all,

I just thought I would mention that I contacted the ocean players club today and they offered a "premium" gift pack that will be delivered to our cabin that first day. I have no idea what a premium gift pack is but it is certainly better than anything we've ever gotten before, which is NOTHING, lol.

Who did you contact? I'm a member too.

Valp41
October 5th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I can't believe the cruise is finally here. I have done several trips as well since booking it. Feel guilty all these trips! I just find it too difficult keeping up with roll calls so far out. I don't intend to join anymore this far out either.
Ordered my opera ticket online. It starts strangely early at 6pm.

Are you going to go back to Portugal this winter for another long stay?

We have been to Portugal three winters now so we are going to Florida and then I am going on the Hawaii trip on the Spirit in April.

We like Portugal. So eventually we will be back.

Val.

Europebound
October 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Maybe you can offer some ideas here of what you enjoyed on Capri!

Steve already answered this one--that we sat at an outside cafe and people-watched while eating and drinking. I also took a stroll up the street and browsed in some of the shops.

Friends of ours took a little orange bus to a chair lift from which they said the views were even more spectacular.

Attached below are a few photos of Capri from our May trip.

Seriously, I'm having a terrible time deciding what clothes to pack. What's going to fit with this fancy brace? :( I definitely will be making a new fashion statement!:eek:
JoyceG

You will look lovely, as always.

Hooray for the LIONS and they came from way behind. Yippee!!!

Marilyn

luv2cruz44
October 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Who did you contact? I'm a member too.

Judy, I called 1 888 672-2582. The person who answered was "Mike". He asked for the booking number, ship, date and then told me what kind of gift they would provide. Hope this helps.

libby10205
October 5th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Sitting on our balcony at the Hotel Continental with a glass of wine.

jgeraci7
October 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
STEFANO-STEVE:D
You've got mail!:eek:
Joyce:)

luv2cruz44
October 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Oh, I am so there with you...in spirit anyway.

Europebound
October 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM
STEFANO-STEVE:D
You've got mail!:eek:
Joyce:)Via Pony Express??:eek: Didn't arrive yet. Nor did one from Loretta earlier. Sounds like Comcast glitches at work again!:rolleyes: Steve

jgeraci7
October 5th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Via Pony Express??:eek: Didn't arrive yet. Nor did one from Loretta earlier. Sounds like Comcast glitches at work again!:rolleyes: Steve

Shoot! :( It was one of my more clever ones too! I'll try again later!
JoyceG

jpg1747
October 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Judy, I called 1 888 672-2582. The person who answered was "Mike". He asked for the booking number, ship, date and then told me what kind of gift they would provide. Hope this helps.

Mike is very nice. I'm getting a standard package - chocolate covered strawberries and a gift certificate for a photo. I need gamble more to upgrade to the next level.

Valp41
October 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Have fun. We are staying at the Continental too. Did you bring the wine with you?. How is the Continental?

Val.

bflowngs
October 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Even though we have tried ribbons and tags, others do the same....so there are a bunch of ribbons flying around the luggage claim area.

How about putting a bumper sticker from your favorite sports team or something local that would be easy for you to identify.

I have a few stickers from our college booster club that I am going to put on ours!!!

Clairescurtains
October 5th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Even though we have tried ribbons and tags, others do the same....so there are a bunch of ribbons flying around the luggage claim area.

How about putting a bumper sticker from your favorite sports team or something local that would be easy for you to identify.

I have a few stickers from our college booster club that I am going to put on ours!!!

We have some webbing type straps that go around the suitcase like a belt that came from AAA but I think Wally World has them, too. Ours are lime green and really stand out, I have seen them in the luggage cages going onto the ship and being loaded from the dollies plane side.:D
We also don't have black luggage any longer which helps, the one black suitcase that I loved got it's leg broken recently :( and went to the landfill.:rolleyes:
Libby, I am very jealous but we got an invitation to go to the beach for the weekend and although we are broke as haints we are going.:)

luv2cruz44
October 5th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Mike is very nice. I'm getting a standard package - chocolate covered strawberries and a gift certificate for a photo. I need gamble more to upgrade to the next level.

Judy, how did you find out what was in your package? Did you just ask? We got the premium one and still have no idea of what to expect. I actually would have loved the chocolate covered strawberries, lol.

Have fun. We are staying at the Continental too. Did you bring the wine with you?. How is the Continental?

Val.

Val, as I understand it, the wine and the 24/7 buffet is comp. At least I hope it is.

Arkansas cruisers
October 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of healing....

bflowngs
October 5th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Libby, I am very jealous but we got an invitation to go to the beach for the weekend and although we are broke as haints we are going.:)

what are "haints?"

Clairescurtains
October 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM
what are "haints?"

Ghosts or haunted beings. No money cause they ain't go no pockets.:D

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Ghosts or haunted beings. No money cause they ain't go no pockets.:D

Thanks!! I will have to add that to my collection of southernisms!!!:)

Valp41
October 6th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Judy, how did you find out what was in your package? Did you just ask? We got the premium one and still have no idea of what to expect. I actually would have loved the chocolate covered strawberries, lol.

Val, as I understand it, the wine and the 24/7 buffet is comp. At least I hope it is.

Thank you Ann. That sounds great. Just nine days and we will be doing the same.

Val.

Buckeye Geo
October 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
A word to the wise... Our fellow cruiser Newcruisers 04 just posted this on Face Book

Lori
Not tooo impressed with Barcelona....pickpockets are really really really good..never felt a thing as they unbuttoned pants pockets and removed a wallet ...guess i wont be shopping for the kids now..no credit cards and a whole lota euros short.

Please be careful!!!!!

lettienets
October 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM
A word to the wise... Our fellow cruiser Newcruisers 04 just posted this on Face Book

Lori
Not tooo impressed with Barcelona....pickpockets are really really really good..never felt a thing as they unbuttoned pants pockets and removed a wallet ...guess i wont be shopping for the kids now..no credit cards and a whole lota euros short.

Please be careful!!!!!
Wow, that is bad news. I have often heard that about Barcelona and Rome in particular. Have to keep things hidden and underneath clothes.
Scarey

luv2cruz44
October 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM

Lori

Please be careful!!!!!

Wow, agree with Loretta...that is really scary. Guess I'm back to my moneybelt!

jpg1747
October 6th, 2011, 11:12 AM

I didn't have to ask - he just told me. And all he wanted was my name and booking number - he didn't ask for any other information. So I hope it all actually shows up. Come share the strawberries with me - there's no way I can eat them all. Let's use the photo certificate for a big group picture one night.

Bummer about Barcelona - I'm gonna be very careful with theft-proof purse while I'm there. I wonder - will it be safer to leave stuff locked up in our suitcases in our hotel rooms?

On a much happier note - I had my last radiation treatment this morning. I am now officially cancer free! Can't wait to celebrate with you all on board.

luv2cruz44
October 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I didn't have to ask - he just told me. And all he wanted was my name and booking number - he didn't ask for any other information. So I hope it all actually shows up. Come share the strawberries with me - there's no way I can eat them all. Let's use the photo certificate for a big group picture one night.

On a much happier note - I had my last radiation treatment this morning. I am now officially cancer free! Can't wait to celebrate with you all on board.

Oh Judy...that deserves a big pink:

HOORAY!!!

I am so pleased. There will definetly be martinis consumed in copious amounts among this group.

kikikoko
October 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Oh, I am so there with you...in spirit anyway.

I wish I had booked us to be there now with you. Six days to go wishing we were there like you. Dee

ruthie101
October 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I also called the players club and told I would get a deluxe package which consisted of a fruit basket, 2 bottles of water, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and the certificate for photo. I told the guy I would rather have money to gamble with!!!lol
The last b2b cruise we were on we got 2 fruit baskets and so many plates of chocolate strawberries that we were giving them away!!!lol If it happens again we will definitely share!!!:p:D
Judy, I'm so happy to hear your good news and now you can just enjoy the cruise!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!! Ruth

kikikoko
October 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM

Bummer about Barcelona - I'm gonna be very careful with theft-proof purse while I'm there. I wonder - will it be safer to leave stuff locked up in our suitcases in our hotel rooms?

Hooray for you. Wayne and I are retired Radiation Therapist. We know what you have been through. We are glad you or cancer free. Dee :) ;)

Buckeye Geo
October 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM

I was informed by Hotel Continental the every room has a safe and the Hotel will also allow you to use the hotel safe.

Wonderful news about your last treatment.:)

XXCRUISER_01
October 6th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Lori

Please be careful!!!!!

I need some help to understand this correctly. Unbutton a pants pocket?
I have some pants and the only buttons are at the back. Thats where only the (sorry) stupid people keep their wallet.
Really not a good idea having your wallet at the back.
Hope there will be no more success for the pp.
Ralf

lives to cruise
October 6th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Yay Judy! So happy for you. Welcome to the sisterhood :)

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cheers to you! I will help you celebrate! I didn't have to ask - he just told me. And all he wanted was my name and booking number - he didn't ask for any other information. So I hope it all actually shows up. Come share the strawberries with me - there's no way I can eat them all. Let's use the photo certificate for a big group picture one night.

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Judy, I'm so happy for you!!! You must be breathing a huge sigh of relief. We will help you celebrate at that martini bar :)

~Denise

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Ralf, I know you have stayed at the Hotel Atlantis before. Have you used their in-room safes? We have money belts but might want to leave some of our "wealth" :p in the room while we wander Las Ramblas.

~Denise

travelbug67
October 6th, 2011, 12:41 PM
For those of you going to Rome on your own. Are you planning booking the train ahead of time? I checked the schedule and there does not seem to be much left. Would we still be able to buy tickets at the kiosks in the terminal if online they show as sold out? Are there local buses that go to Rome from Civi?

Dale

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Well dang. I must be a real low-roller. I just called and Mike told me "your booking has been added to the guest list, please check in with the casino host once on board". So thanks for letting me join in your group photo Judy! It appears it will be the only freebie I get from the Players Club:D

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Judy

That is great news!!!! We all need to celebrate on board!!

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Obviously, once we are on the ship, we will put most of our money and credit cards in the safe and only take what we need for each port. My wife and I will carry different credit cards in the event one of us is robbed.

Arriving in Barcelona, if we can't get into our room, will store luggage, but take cash and credit cards with us.....I have the travel safe sling bag which I wear across my chest and wife has has the travelsafe purse that she will have a death grip on!!

I will put absolutely no money or credit cards in any of my pockets. These guys are good at distraction, and they know you will look.....always be aware of your surroundings.

XXCRUISER_01
October 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Ralf, I know you have stayed at the Hotel Atlantis before. Have you used their in-room safes? We have money belts but might want to leave some of our "wealth" :p in the room while we wander Las Ramblas.

~Denise

Yes I did. I always leave my CC cards, some money. tickets and not needed foto equipment in there. I think it was a 4-digit code key system. Only a small safe. Until now nothing ever disappeared out of my in-room safes:). Until boarding the two most valuable things are my CC card and passport.
Ralf

Valp41
October 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM

Judy that is wonderful news you must be so happy.

This is the one thing about Barcelona that is so off putting. Pickpockets. Do hope we can check into the Hotel before exploring

See you all soon.

Val.xx

luv2cruz44
October 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi folks,

Someone just posted something on the "other" roll call that was new to me. Evidently the Carnival website has something new under "manage your booking" called bedding choice. I think the default is 2 twin beds but if you want the option of sleeping with your mate, you can edit it to read 1 king bed. I think this is to help the room stewards know how to make up your beds before your arrival which makes perfect sense to me. Anyway, if this is old news to most of you then just ignore it and figure I was sleeping when this came out, lol.

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Hi folks,

Someone just posted something on the "other" roll call that was new to me. Evidently the Carnival website has something new under "manage your booking" called bedding choice. I think the default is 2 twin beds but if you want the option of sleeping with your mate, you can edit it to read 1 king bed. I think this is to help the room stewards know how to make up your beds before your arrival which makes perfect sense to me. Anyway, if this is old news to most of you then just ignore it and figure I was sleeping when this came out, lol.

I didn't know that! I think that's a nice "heads up" to give your steward. Off to look!

Edit to update... I just looked and you are right, Ann! There is a little "edit" button next "bedding" and "dining time". I never noticed that before! It did default to "twin beds" and we've always entered our cabin and had them pushed together for the king configuration. Interesting.

~Denise

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I didn't know that! I think that's a nice "heads up" to give your steward. Off to look!

Edit to update... I just looked and you are right, Ann! There is a little "edit" button next "bedding" and "dining time". I never noticed that before! It did default to "twin beds" and we've always entered our cabin and had them pushed together for the king configuration. Interesting.

~Denise

We have never indicated this before, and our beds have always been pushed together. I thought they did that automatically for married couples.

Denise.....we should be seeing you in the Atlanta airport next Friday!!!

Europebound
October 6th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Congrats on finishing your treatments. That is huge cause for celebration.

Regarding the hotel safes, for those of you staying at Hotel Principal, our room last May had an in-room safe but we needed to pay for the key. I don't think it was very expensive; a couple or three Euros, I think. I don't know if all their rooms have a safe.

For those of you going to Rome on your own. Are you planning booking the train ahead of time? I checked the schedule and there does not seem to be much left. Would we still be able to buy tickets at the kiosks in the terminal if online they show as sold out? Are there local buses that go to Rome from Civi? Dale

WOW! I didn't expect that, Dale. Thanks for sharing. I'm planning on going into Rome via train with three friends but we hadn't planned on pre-booking our train tickets. I think Ralf mentioned that there were quite a few ships in port that day. Not sure what we're gonna do, but thanks for the info.

Marilyn

Europebound
October 6th, 2011, 03:34 PM

~DeniseDenise! You may want to change that "might" to WILL!!;) Don't make the mistake of thinking these thieves can't handle a moneybelt!!:eek:;) Steve

jplewis
October 6th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Oh Judy...that deserves a big pink:

HOORAY!!!

I am so pleased. There will definetly be martinis consumed in copious amounts among this group.

AMEN!!!! So happy for you Judy,

cer10lee
October 6th, 2011, 03:51 PM

Yippee! You can really kick up your heels over that news!

Paula

FL LuluBelle
October 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
[quote=luv2cruz44;30864785]Oh Judy...that deserves a big pink:

HOORAY!!!

Judy, we will definitely have to toast to your great news on our tour in Messina and before Messina:D Sharen

jpg1747
October 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM
The obvious answer to foiling pickpockets is to spend it all before they can steal it. :D

lives to cruise
October 6th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Well, this trip is just getting worse for her and her DH. It appears that she didn't notify her bank prior to them leaving and when she went to use her bank card (The only thing she had left.) the bank rejected it due to the high rate of pick pockets and cc fraud in Spain.

I'm not sure how she is going to even pay for her room. I feel so sorry for them and she is so frustrated and angry right now.

Please, let your bank and cc companies know you will be traveling.

Buckeye Geo
October 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM
The obvious answer to foiling pickpockets is to spend it all before they can steal it. :D

Joyce thinks that is a great idea!

Buckeye Geo
October 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Well, this trip is just getting worse for her and her DH. It appears that she didn't notify her bank prior to them leaving and when she went to use her bank card (The only thing she had left.) the bank rejected it due to the high rate of pick pockets and cc fraud in Spain.

I'm not sure how she is going to even pay for her room. I feel so sorry for them and she is so frustrated and angry right now.

I have been following their sad story on Face Book. Our heart goes out to them.

lettienets
October 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, this story is getting worse! I just called my CC company and put a cap on the amount too. Unless I call them to change it...
Last year I met a guy who had his backpack stolen in BCN, just set it down for a second.

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
What is ther latest update? How are they going to get $$? I have been following their sad story on Face Book. Our heart goes out to them.

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe fill your pockets w/fake $$$ and then see what you have left at the end of the day?The obvious answer to foiling pickpockets is to spend it all before they can steal it. :D

Buckeye Geo
October 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
What is ther latest update? How are they going to get $$?

The latest update was the battery on her device was running down and she had a wrong charger adaptor.

lettienets
October 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Just called the other CC company now too! Holy, what next, the poor things.

I hate to think what a cell phone bill would be if they are using their own device and not a phone card. The roaming charges are outrageous with my company.

Clairescurtains
October 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I feel so sorry for them, it is everyone's worst nightmare. Surely she can call her bank, identify herself and arrange some money to be withdrawn. Or her travel insurance company might help her out.
I have made a photocopy of all our cards with the front and back along with the phone numbers to call in case of a problem. I am trying to keep that as safe as the actual cards but in a separate place. Called and notified them all today and the employees all wanted to come along with us.:)

Yippee, hooray and wowee for Judy!

I also like the spending your euro idea but what would we do on our return trip to BCN and in France and Italy, gotta save a bit for those countries.;) Spread it around.:D

luv2cruz44
October 6th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Sallie. Gale did notify the CC and the bank yesterday so we are good in that respect. The CC company also gave us an emergency number to call.

I like Claires suggestion and will try to remember to do that.

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM
A stupid question but I have never used a phone card, always brought a cell w/me...how do you use one? I know you must buy one over there then how do you go about using it? I think I will skip bronging a pone w/me and use a card if its not a hassle. Thanks!Just called the other CC company now too! Holy, what next, the poor things.

I hate to think what a cell phone bill would be if they are using their own device and not a phone card. The roaming charges are outrageous with my company.

lettienets
October 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
A stupid question but I have never used a phone card, always brought a cell w/me...how do you use one? I know you must buy one over there then how do you go about using it? I think I will skip bronging a pone w/me and use a card if its not a hassle. Thanks!
You go to a phone booth. Put in a local coin and dial the info on the phone card. You buy them at a tobacco shop or corner store.
They are usually complicated. But once you figure it out, it works.

I rarely use my cell phone because of the high roaming fees. But it doesn't matter much because I don't really need to call anybody when I am on vacation and if I really feel like calling somebody, then I just use my phone. I find it so funny why everybody worries so much about a phone. Heck you are on holidays and everybody knows it. For emergencies you can use your roaming phone, the phone or phonecard, ship phone or hotel phone. I sure don't phone around for a chat when I am away.:p

I find it wierd why everybody is addicted to a phone, must be my age because I am not used to phoning anybody regularly when on vacation.

PS Add your cell phone company number to the list of emergency numbers in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

travelbug67
October 6th, 2011, 06:37 PM
WOW! I didn't expect that, Dale. Thanks for sharing. I'm planning on going into Rome via train with three friends but we hadn't planned on pre-booking our train tickets. I think Ralf mentioned that there were quite a few ships in port that day. Not sure what we're gonna do, but thanks for the info.

Marilyn

I posted on a different forum about the tickets being sold. Was told not to worry, that the regional trains never sell out. If there is no place to sit, then you just stand. I guess we will take our chances when we get there.

Dale

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I can't stop thinking about Lori's misfortune! For those of you who can update us on her situation, please do so!

~Denise

kikikoko
October 6th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the reminder, Sallie. Gale did notify the CC and the bank yesterday so we are good in that respect. The CC company also gave us an emergency number to call.

I like Claires suggestion and will try to remember to do that.

We have notify the CC and Bank. Now I am going to get a pair of spanks or spankx for Wayne. He can wear money belt wayyy down inside. It takes me ten mins. to get the thing on, I do believe if a pick pocket could get his or her hand down inside my bodyslimer or his they deserve anything they put their hand into. Of course we have to go to the bathroom to get anything out of our on body safe.
Wayne said he was going to carry one of his old billfolds With game money inside and a HaHa note. I email the hotel we are staying in asking if they have a save. I would hate to wear the tight underware to bed. On a serious note so sorry for the couple in Barcelona. Dee

Sundiego
October 6th, 2011, 07:57 PM
We have notify the CC and Bank. Now I am going to get a pair of spanks or spankx for Wayne. He can wear money belt wayyy down inside. It takes me ten mins. to get the thing on, I do believe if a pick pocket could get his or her hand down inside my bodyslimer or his they deserve anything they put their hand into. Of course we have to go to the bathroom to get anything out of our on body safe.
Wayne said he was going to carry one of his old billfolds With game money inside and a HaHa note. I email the hotel we are staying in asking if they have a save. I would hate to wear the tight underware to bed. On a serious note so sorry for the couple in Barcelona. Dee

Dee, your posts always make me laugh. I cannot wait to meet you! I hope you will be at the martini bar!

~Denise

nickb
October 6th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Judy, that is absolutely great news. Now you can really kick back and relax. I love your idea of spending it before they steal it.

Not sure if anyone saw Tracey's recent FB posts, but she thinks she broke her toe just before leaving. Hopefully the swelling snd pain go away quickly for her. Sounds like she may need to keep those "medicinal" alcohol levels elevated.

Maybe we should duct tape our money and docs to ourselves. Guess that would make use 1001 for duct tape. In light of these recent posts make sure you are particularly careful with your carry on bags while getting your luggage at the airport.

I am down to four workdays next week. Can't wait.

Nick

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
ok, Thanks for the info! I am not going to use my cell, I wll just buy the card and go from there. I only talk to family and I can always use the email.You go to a phone booth. Put in a local coin and dial the info on the phone card. You buy them at a tobacco shop or corner store.
They are usually complicated. But once you figure it out, it works.

I rarely use my cell phone because of the high roaming fees. But it doesn't matter much because I don't really need to call anybody when I am on vacation and if I really feel like calling somebody, then I just use my phone. I find it so funny why everybody worries so much about a phone. Heck you are on holidays and everybody knows it. For emergencies you can use your roaming phone, the phone or phonecard, ship phone or hotel phone. I sure don't phone around for a chat when I am away.:p

I find it wierd why everybody is addicted to a phone, must be my age because I am not used to phoning anybody regularly when on vacation.

PS Add your cell phone company number to the list of emergency numbers in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

cjcruiser27
October 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
How did she break her toe? I did it last year 2 days before my fall TA cruise and it was extremely painful. How something so small can hurt so bad?:(Best wishes for her, especially since these ports will involve alot of walking.Judy, that is absolutely great news. Now you can really kick back and relax. I love your idea of spending it before they steal it.

Not sure if anyone saw Tracey's recent FB posts, but she thinks she broke her toe just before leaving. Hopefully the swelling snd pain go away quickly for her. Sounds like she may need to keep those "medicinal" alcohol levels elevated.

Maybe we should duct tape our money and docs to ourselves. Guess that would make use 1001 for duct tape. In light of these recent posts make sure you are particularly careful with your carry on bags while getting your luggage at the airport.

Nick

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 08:52 PM
We got a fake email from a friend who was supposedly in Europe and was robbed and had no money.....wanted to know if we could help out and wire money over there. We knew that the friend wasn't in Europe and realized it was a scam.

Not saying that is the case here.....but it is another way someone could pick your pocket!!

lives to cruise
October 6th, 2011, 09:16 PM
We got a fake email from a friend who was supposedly in Europe and was robbed and had no money.....wanted to know if we could help out and wire money over there. We knew that the friend wasn't in Europe and realized it was a scam.

Not saying that is the case here.....but it is another way someone could pick your pocket!!

Lori posted it on her Facebook account. Made a few posts and her daughter was posting back to her so I do believe it is real.

bflowngs
October 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Lori posted it on her Facebook account. Made a few posts and her daughter was posting back to her so I do believe it is real.

Then it is for real......very hard to break into the Facebook account!! I feel bad for them......the worst thing that could happen on a vacation....it does serve as a warning to all of us though!!

The same thing happened when we were with a group on the Paris Metro.....a thief got this guy's passport, cc's and money. Took them a couple of days to get things straightened out...very stressful.

mauraoel
October 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Dee, your posts always make me laugh. I cannot wait to meet you! I hope you will be at the martini bar!

~Denise

Me Too!! I just just hear her Texas accent in her message...

Judy, that is absolutely great news. Now you can really kick back and relax. I love your idea of spending it before they steal it.

Nick

Three actual work days for me but only because I am working from home tomorrow so I can deliver cupcakes to Erin's class room tomorrow afternoon. Birthdays are so important for 8 year olds...

My Boss and one of my co-workers are a little grumpy with me right now. We were notified on Monday that we (all three of us) were required to be in West Virginia for a week on the 17th. I seemed to be the topic of discussion in all three households when that email went out. I replied back "Sorry but I am not cancelling my vacation! Have fun in West Virginia!" I told them earlier today that I would think about them while they were there. Guess I am going to have to bring them something nice to get back in their good graces.

I hope they get everything worked out. I will be spending time on the phone tomorrow making sure that everything is in order financially for the trip.

I also have to get some legal paperwork notorized for emergency medical care if need for erin and such.

Hope everyone who still works has a nice three day weekend and the rest well I hope you always have a nice time.:rolleyes:

Lucinda

kikikoko
October 6th, 2011, 09:44 PM

~Denise
What I missed the Martini bar??? How did I do that??? Where is the Martini Bar. Where When do I go TO the Martini Bar.
I got a email from the Apt Hotel we are staying in and they do have Safes in the Apts. Hooray Wayne does not have to wear a body safe around his belly. We will only take game money in our pockets and limited euros and one card in my bra>>>>>. If they get there I may enjoy the picking of the pocket. See ya on board Dee

lettienets
October 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM

I also got a fake email a few months ago with a friend's name in it so I called her at home and she then wrote all her friends to say it was a scam.How do those things happen?
Ladies, I think we need spanx to stash our cash. The whole pickpocket thing really scarey. This is making me nervous. I especially don't carry a purse at night in these places. No wonder all the hotels have safes and security guards. I live downtown in my own city and rarely carry a purse at night. And I go up a bra size or two when I travel.:p

lives to cruise
October 7th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Good morning everyone, happy Friday! :)

Libby posted this pic on her blog and I thought ya'll might like to see it. They visited Montserrat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kIxKT3IJyMY/To5fqRqoFKI/AAAAAAAABZg/VjUhBonwtls/s1600/The%2Bgroup%2Bto%2BMontserrat.jpg

Sundiego
October 7th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Libby posted this pic on her blog and I thought ya'll might like to see it. They visited Montserrat.

Thanks for the pic Sallie. Gets me really excited to get our show on the road. I recognize Tracey and her DH, my apologies for not recognizing everyone! Can someone ID the pic for me?

~Denise

Sundiego
October 7th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Denise.....we should be seeing you in the Atlanta airport next Friday!!!

I'll look for you Tom! What time does your flight get into Atlanta? We're driving to Atlanta, and only have the one non-stop Barcelona flight.

~Denise

Clairescurtains
October 7th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Are Jack and Libby that will also be on our cruise. The others :confused:

I wonder who took the picture? I read to not hand your camera to someone that volunteers since you may never see it again.:eek: I am not usually full of fear about things but I am a bit nervous about BCN.:rolleyes:

Love the bra size comment.;)

Valp41
October 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Hi Sallie. Is there anyway I can get in touch with Loris daughter. We will be in London,Ontario on Wednesday and could go over to Sarnia just an hour. I am on Facebook.

Feeling so bad for them. What a way to start a vacation.Love and hate Barcelona at the same time.

Val.

jplewis
October 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kIxKT3IJyMY/To5fqRqoFKI/AAAAAAAABZg/VjUhBonwtls/s1600/The%2Bgroup%2Bto%2BMontserrat.jpg

I'm looking at how they're dressed - looks pretty warm. Now I'm rethinking my clothes.
Patsy

Clairescurtains
October 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
There is a golf tourney on TV in Madrid and many people are in short sleeved shirts and some wearing short pants but there is quite an obvious breeze, too.

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Are Jack and Libby that will also be on our cruise. The others :confused:

I wonder who took the picture? I read to not hand your camera to someone that volunteers since you may never see it again.:eek: I am not usually full of fear about things but I am a bit nervous about BCN.

Love the bra size comment.;)Claire, I think Libby took the picture!;) That's not her and Jack on the right!:) Tracey and John on the left, eh?? OK! Hard to recognize some people from CC thread pictures!:) Steve

XXCRUISER_01
October 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I wonder who took the picture? I read to not hand your camera to someone that volunteers since you may never see it again.:eek: I am not usually full of fear about things but I am a bit nervous about BCN.:rolleyes:

Not the guy from Rome who asked for the camera at the Trevi fountain to take pictures of a family and ran away with the camera:D:D.
We are travelling to the No 1 and 2 of the pp towns. We have to be careful. Right now we know it can happen to us. Until now I have been lucky it never happened to me. I am not carrying a lot of money and leave my credit cards and passport at the hotel/ship when travelling. The most valuable I have will be my camera.

More important: Carnival send an E-mail this morning:

IT’S TIME TO PACK YOUR BAGS. :)

Ralf

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I have helped people with photo taking or them with me, depends what they look like. Who I ask or who asks me.....
One thing about that photo, everybody sure looks like American type tourists by their clothes. Running shoes, T shirts, capris, stripes (it is fall now there even if it is warm) I bet if you look a photo of a bunch of Spaniards they dress alot differently. Better to blend in with darker more traditional clothes.

travelbug67
October 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I have helped people with photo taking or them with me, depends what they look like. Who I ask or who asks me.....
One thing about that photo, everybody sure looks like American type tourists by their clothes. Running shoes, T shirts, capris, stripes (it is fall now there even if it is warm) I bet if you look a photo of a bunch of Spaniards they dress alot differently. Better to blend in with darker more traditional clothes.

I guess I'll have to wear my matador outfit.

Dale

XXCRUISER_01
October 7th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I guess I'll have to wear my matador outfit.

Dale

Dale, Sorry but you might get into some trouble.
There is no more Bull fighting in Barcelona! :D:D.
Banned by law in the Barcelona Region from 01 Jan 2012.
End of this years season was last sunday.
Ralf

lives to cruise
October 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Libby & Jack are the couple to the far right and Tracey and DH are on the left. I am not sure who everyone else is in the picture but I agree with Loretta... Our "Americano" sure stands out.

Val, I only have her daughter’s name on FB. it is Angela Sawdon. If you do a search on FB you can get to her page and send her a private message.

I hate to see Lori going through this but it really is a wakeup call for us all.

Just do everything you can think of to keep yourselves and your possessions safe then go and enjoy. If something happens then well.....Maybe it was meant to be but it still won't ruin my trip. ;)

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 01:10 PM

I hate to see Lori going through this but it really is a wakeup call for us all.
I sure feel bad for them, it is a traveller's nightmare. Like Ralf says, Barcelona and Rome are the pickpocket capitals.

One thing to keep in mind, in Spain in particular, the "paseo" they call it - in the evenings and after work (around 8pm there as people go home for siesta in the afternoon and back to work from 4-8) it feels like rush hour in the evenings at 8. Everybody is out walking or heading home from work. It is so busy you wonder what is going on. But it is just local people enjoying the evening now heading for tapas (then dinner at 10)or going home.
Watch your stuff in the crowds.

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 01:24 PM
i guess i'll have to wear my matador outfit.

Dale

ole!!!

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Libby & Jack are the couple to the far right and Tracey and DH are on the left. I am not sure who everyone else is in the picture but I agree with Loretta... Our "Americano" sure stands out.
;) We're both right, Sallie!!;) But nobody told this old fart to scroll right!:eek::D Steve

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I sure feel bad for them, it is a traveller's nightmare. Like Ralf says, Barcelona and Rome are the pickpocket capitals.

One thing to keep in mind, in Spain in particular, the "paseo" they call it - in the evenings and after work (around 8pm there as people go home for siesta in the afternoon and back to work from 4-8) it feels like rush hour in the evenings at 8. Everybody is out walking or heading home from work. It is so busy you wonder what is going on. But it is just local people enjoying the evening now heading for tapas (then dinner at 10)or going home.
Watch your stuff in the crowds. Loretta and Joyce Geraci, did you test our e-mail connections yet?? Did you get the secondary g-mail address??:confused: Steve

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Loretta and Joyce Geraci, did you test our e-mail connections yet?? Did you get the secondary g-mail address??:confused: Steve
I sent you an email at gmail at 11:15 am. L

nickb
October 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
What an incredibly beautiful day today. Warm, sunny, not a cloud in the sky AND it's the start of our last weekend before leaving. It just doesn't get any better.Weather like this would be perfect for the cruise.

We got some Euro's today to get us started, so we won't need to find an ATM at BCN. I plan to finally start putting some things together today for the trip. :-)

Well, if there is a group picture on this trip Dale and Steve will be easy to spot in their Matador outfits. OLE

Nick

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I sent you an email at gmail at 11:15 am. L Holy cow! It took about 2 hours for that e-mail to show up!!:eek: So I can send to you and Joyce, but you guys can't reply!:confused: And Joyce and I are both Comcast!:rolleyes: Duh!:( Steve

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Well, if there is a group picture on this trip Dale and Steve will be easy to spot in their Matador outfits. OLE

Nick Hey, don't miss out, Nick!;) You'll look good running around Barcelona in your Matador outfit, looking for booze! No one will want to get near enough to pick your pocket!!!:eek::D Steve

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Holy cow! It took about 2 hours for that e-mail to show up!!:eek: So I can send to you and Joyce, but you guys can't reply!:confused: And Joyce and I are both Comcast!:rolleyes: Duh!:( Steve
I don't know what the comcast problem is but it has also happenend when I try to email my sister or Joe in Florida both on comcast periodically.

Looking forward to this trip starting! Seems to be taking forever now. And I sure hope it doesn't fly. Just wish I didn't feel so nervous about it now. I have been to Spain many times but only a couple of times to BCN to get a cruise ship or do a day tour. Other places, I have stayed for quite some time, no problems.

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hey, don't miss out, Nick!;) You'll look good running around Barcelona in your Matador outfit, looking for booze! No one will want to get near enough to pick your pocket!!!:eek::D Steve
I would like to see somebody try and pickpocket a matador's pants, their pants are so tight! ;)

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu350/lettienets/matador.png oops, spoke too soon, ha ha ha!

lives to cruise
October 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
We're both right, Sallie!!;) But nobody told this old fart to scroll right!:eek::D Steve

LOL...Well from one old fart to another, I'll keep you straight if you'll keep me straight. ;)

travelbug67
October 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I would like to see somebody try and pickpocket a matador's pants, their pants are so tight! ;)

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu350/lettienets/matador.png oops, spoke too soon, ha ha ha!

I'll just put it in the front. That way they won't know if I'm carrying money or ....well...you know.....lol.

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I'll just put it in the front. That way they won't know if I'm carrying money or ....well...you know.....lol.
:D oops, better not touch that line! :p

Sounds like my bra size going up on vacation!

bflowngs
October 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM

wow...step away from the computer for a couple of minutes and look what popped up (or out???)

bflowngs
October 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Just called my banks and CC reps to let them know where I am going. I was suprised to find out that the fee varies from 1 to 3 percent depending on which card I use. Guess that settles which one I will carry!!!

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I don't know what the comcast problem is but it has also happenend when I try to email my sister or Joe in Florida both on comcast periodically.

Looking forward to this trip starting! Seems to be taking forever now. And I sure hope it doesn't fly. Just wish I didn't feel so nervous about it now. I have been to Spain many times but only a couple of times to BCN to get a cruise ship or do a day tour. Other places, I have stayed for quite some time, no problems.I think I know your problem as we had a similar problem with Joyce from Australia!;) Comcast bundles incoming international e-mails to pass through their security checks! If something in the bundle trips the blockers, all those bundled e-mails get blocked.:o But I don't know why Joyce G isn't going through!:confused: Steve

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu350/lettienets/matador.png oops, spoke too soon, ha ha ha!YO NICK!;) Careful you don't rent this one!!:eek::D:D Steve

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'll just put it in the front. That way they won't know if I'm carrying money or ....well...you know.....lol.Isn't that what those Matadors already do??:rolleyes::D

Visa is 1% Tom! At least ours anyway!:) Steve

jgeraci7
October 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I think I know your problem as we had a similar problem with Joyce from Australia!;) Comcast bundles incoming international e-mails to pass through their security checks! If something in the bundle trips the blockers, all those bundled e-mails get blocked.:o But I don't know why Joyce G isn't going through!:confused: Steve

I've tried again with the g-mail address. Did you get it?
JoyceG

bflowngs
October 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Isn't that what those Matadors already do??:rolleyes::D

Visa is 1% Tom! At least ours anyway!:) Steve

Actuallly our mastercard is 1%, visa is 2%, and amex is 3%.

Steve....you haven't commented that our single lady Loretta was the one who found the matadore pic!!!:)

surmy777
October 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Just thinking (bad news) but if your pants are too tight or your bra a little small, at one time we used to put some money in our lace up shoes. It was a pretty darn good spot even if it had a little smell to it when we spent it. lol Never had to worry about it anyway. See you all soon!!

lettienets
October 7th, 2011, 05:54 PM
.........Steve....you haven't commented that our single lady Loretta was the one who found the matadore pic!!!:)
:p The only problem is there are no more bullfights in Catalonia! No more matadors!

surmy777, money in lace up shoes??? and how old are you??? :D ........ :p

Think I will weigh my suitcase tonite and see what it's at so far.

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I've tried again with the g-mail address. Did you get it?
JoyceG Got it and replied!;) Should be easily fixed by Comcast!:cool: Steve

Buckeye Geo
October 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
It seems like we will be on the road sooner than planned. My son called and told me he has tickets to Giant football game this Sunday. We are really doing an express packing job so we can leave for Philly in the morning. I will stay in touch from his House. See you all next week.
GO GMEN!!!

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Actuallly our mastercard is 1%, visa is 2%, and amex is 3%.

Steve....you haven't commented that our single lady Loretta was the one who found the matadore pic!!!:) I've travelled with Loretta!:) I know she admires a 'hot bun' when she sees one!;):D

Europebound
October 7th, 2011, 06:32 PM
at one time we used to put some money in our lace up shoes. It was a pretty darn good spot even if it had a little smell to it when we spent it. lol Never had to worry about it anyway. See you all soon!! Same rational I use with my Fruit of the Looms!!:p:D Steve

Sundiego
October 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM
It seems like we will be on the road sooner than planned. My son called and told me he has tickets to Giant football game this Sunday. We are really doing an express packing job so we can leave for Philly in the morning.

Safe travels, George! See you next week :)

~Denise

luv2cruz44
October 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Safe travels, George! See you next week :)

~Denise

Denise,

You just made this all so real for me when you said "See you next week". Can you believe we are this close?

Sundiego
October 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Denise,

You just made this all so real for me when you said "See you next week". Can you believe we are this close?No, Ann, I can't! Because I have a couple of suitcases sitting on the bed... EMPTY!! This weekend, I am going to buckle down and make some serious progress :rolleyes:

luv2cruz44
October 7th, 2011, 07:50 PM
No, Ann, I can't! Because I have a couple of suitcases sitting on the bed... EMPTY!! This weekend, I am going to buckle down and make some serious progress :rolleyes:

I feel your pain as that is exactly where I was just last week. Today, bank has been called, CC company has been called, both of us had flu shots, we are all packed (except for the last minute things), all transports arranged and money from the bank obtained. I think we are ready!

BTW, one other thing I thought about as a little hint. For those of us that wear glasses or contacts, remember to bring an extra backup pair with you. During our last winter cruise on the Miracle, Gale broke his frames and had to use his sunglasses for the rest of the cruise. Evening shows wearing sunglasses are the pits! This time, we both have an extra set packed.

CruiseHappy14
October 7th, 2011, 07:52 PM
It seems like we will be on the road sooner than planned. My son called and told me he has tickets to Giant football game this Sunday. We are really doing an express packing job so we can leave for Philly in the morning. I will stay in touch from his House. See you all next week.
GO GMEN!!!

Your so lucky:D. GO GMEN!! Bring us good luck!

SoCalcruizer
October 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Judy, I have been following you and many others for months. I feel like I already know so many of you.

Anyway, I am so thrilled by your Health news, Congratulations. I am so happy for you and can't wait to celebrate on board with you. Would it be ok if I hug you?

Glen

surmy777
October 7th, 2011, 11:45 PM
:p The only problem is there are no more bullfights in Catalonia! No more matadors!

surmy777, money in lace up shoes??? and how old are you??? :D ........ :p

Think I will weigh my suitcase tonite and see what it's at so far.
I should have known someone would figure that out. Not telling!

cer10lee
October 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Joe and I are leaving for the airport! Everybody have a safe trip. See you onboard on the 16th for a "magical" cruise!

Paula

luv2cruz44
October 8th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joe and I are leaving for the airport! Everybody have a safe trip. See you onboard on the 16th for a "magical" cruise!

Paula

Bon Voyage, Paula & Joe. What will Steve do without your posts to respond to, lol.

rjcdvc75
October 8th, 2011, 09:38 AM
We have everything planned, monies looked after, tours ready to go credit companies notified. Whats this about a plane???? I thought the boat was picking us up on the Welland Canal.....We're not special like Carnival told us:eek::eek::eek:

lettienets
October 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Wish I was going earlier, only got two nights in BCN. :) Seems like a long time between now and getting off the plane Fri morning! Security workers were on a work to rule slowdown for hours yesterday at Toronto airport and had people lined up in a fury even though there was some legal injunction against them.
Recently it was ground staff, then flight attendants, next up are the pilots.... along with lousey food, crabby staff, high prices, no service. Try and find a person to ask a question in Toronto airport......! :(
Looking forward to getting out of the airport let alone the country!

luv2cruz44
October 8th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Wish I was going earlier, only got two nights in BCN. :) Seems like a long time between now and getting off the plane Fri morning! Security workers were on a work to rule slowdown for hours yesterday at Toronto airport and had people lined up in a fury even though there was some legal injunction against them.
Recently it was ground staff, then flight attendants, next up are the pilots.... along with lousey food, crabby staff, high prices, no service. Try and find a person to ask a question in Toronto airport......! :(

More stress, the last thing you need right now. Hope things go smoothly for you Loretta and looking forward to seeing you again.

jgeraci7
October 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM

Makes one nostalgic for the good old days, kind of like the new TV show "PAN AM"!:rolleyes:
See you soon Loretta.
JoyceG

lettienets
October 8th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Makes one nostalgic for the good old days, kind of like the new TV show "PAN AM"!:rolleyes:
See you soon Loretta.
JoyceG
Can't watch that show, too much like fairy tales.