PDA

View Full Version : cruiser hit by taxi in Victoria, BC?

Snick500
September 21st, 2011, 03:08 AM
We were on the Golden Princess (left from Seattle) and stopped in Victoria, BC on Friday, September 16th. It was the last day of our cruise. It was around 8 p.m. as we were walking into the town that we saw a woman lying in the street at a crosswalk, and it looked like a taxi had hit her. It was near a horse carriage pick-up point. I hope the woman is ok, and wondered if anyone knew anything. We had a large Japanese group on our sailing, and the woman looked to be Japanese. She was lying so still, but then sat up for a bit. I have kept thinking about it and hoping she was ok. If she was from a cruise ship it was the last night of the cruise and the ships boarded at 11:30 p.m. and left at midnight.(I think a HAL ship, maybe Westerdam, was docked there too.)
An ambulance came and a crowd was gathering so we kept walking to avoid making the situation worse. I'm sure she had to go to the hospital, and I don't know how she would get back to the ship in time, even if everything checked out ok. If anyone knows anything, I'd appreciate it. I can't stop thinking about it and hoping everything turned out ok for her. It has to be a nightmare to be hurt in another country and having a deadline for getting back to the ship. Those taxi cabs were hybrids (I think) and were so quiet that they crept up on you without being noticed. I'm sure she didn't even hear it coming.

robgvic
September 21st, 2011, 03:15 AM
There was nothing I saw in the local paper or hear on the radio news.