PDA

View Full Version : Star 4/15/12 poker cabin crawl

Got Tequila?
September 22nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
POKER CABIN CRAWL ON THE STAR

As we move closer to our sailing date, it is time to see who would be interested in participating in a Poker Cabin Crawl.
The Poker Cabin Crawl will take place during one of the sea days which will be determined at a later date. During a cabin crawl members allow their cabin to be visited by other members. This is a great way to see representative cabin layouts in a variety of locations. This is also another way to get to know our fellow CC members better.
A down and dirty on how this works is each person pays $5 to participate. Depending on how many are interested we may have to have multiple groups. At each cabin you draw a card, so we need at least 5 cabins. The person with the best hand in the end wins 80% of the pot and the person with the worst hand wins 20%.
At this point we are trying to get an idea of who would be interested in opening up their cabin as a host and how many just want to participate. If you are interested in being a cabin host please e-mail me with the type of cabin, Garden Villa, Family Suite, Penthouse, Mini Suite, ETC. No cabin numbers at this time. If you are interested in just participating please indicate how many in your party.
Again more details to follow at a later date. Happy Sailing
My e-mail is patton_bill@yahoo.com ( 1sgtpatton, Beachmama)

anyman
September 24th, 2011, 12:04 AM
POKER CABIN CRAWL ON THE STAR

As we move closer to our sailing date, it is time to see who would be interested in participating in a Poker Cabin Crawl.
The Poker Cabin Crawl will take place during one of the sea days which will be determined at a later date. During a cabin crawl members allow their cabin to be visited by other members. This is a great way to see representative cabin layouts in a variety of locations. This is also another way to get to know our fellow CC members better.
A down and dirty on how this works is each person pays $5 to participate. Depending on how many are interested we may have to have multiple groups. At each cabin you draw a card, so we need at least 5 cabins. The person with the best hand in the end wins 80% of the pot and the person with the worst hand wins 20%.
At this point we are trying to get an idea of who would be interested in opening up their cabin as a host and how many just want to participate. If you are interested in being a cabin host please e-mail me with the type of cabin, Garden Villa, Family Suite, Penthouse, Mini Suite, ETC. No cabin numbers at this time. If you are interested in just participating please indicate how many in your party.
Again more details to follow at a later date. Happy Sailing
My e-mail is patton_bill@yahoo.com ( 1sgtpatton, Beachmama)

Both Ernee and I (Al) would be interested in the Poker Cabin Crawl. We have an inside room; not much to look at, but if needed to make this work, we're in.

Al

beachmama
September 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks, we now have two cabins only need a few more.

Cattie
September 24th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Sign Paul and I up. We only have a balcony, but going to try really hard to get an upgrade!!

1sgtpatton
September 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks, I will add you to the list. this will now give us 3 cabins, We are almost there.

Got Tequila?
September 25th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks, I will add you to the list. this will now give us 3 cabins, We are almost there.

There's another volunteer (Claire) on the roll call with a cabin....that makes 4. :)

knitlady037
September 25th, 2011, 10:54 PM
We have an aft penthouse suite on deck 9

beachmama
September 26th, 2011, 06:17 AM
There's another volunteer (Claire) on the roll call with a cabin....that makes 4. :)

We have 3 cabins so far..

KnitLady037 Aft Penthouse Suite
Anyman Inside cabin
Cattie Balcony

Terri

Got Tequila?
September 26th, 2011, 05:28 PM
We have 3 cabins so far..

KnitLady037 Aft Penthouse Suite
Anyman Inside cabin
Cattie Balcony

Terri

LOL....Bill's post said you had 3 cabins before Claire's was added. Maybe he included your cabin?

NCPDCBOP
September 27th, 2011, 09:56 PM
We're in ror a cabin. We have a guaranteed mid-ship balcony...don't know where though.

Got Tequila?
October 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM
Ray and I would like to be added to the margarita tasting and the poker crawl and the slot pull.

Looks like another one to join the poker crawl...:)

Got Tequila?
October 3rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
I'm not sure who is organizing the Cabin Crawl for this cruise, but my wife Barbara and I would like to join in. We did this on the NCL Jade and had a "ball".
Barbara and Dick of DickWI

The cabin crawl group is growing.........:)

1sgtpatton
October 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
UPDATE ON THE CABIN/POKER CRAWL...

We have 4 cabins so far..

KnitLady037 - Aft Penthouse Suite
Anyman - Inside cabin
Cattie - Balcony
NCPDCBOP- Midship Balcony

PARTICIPANTS:
Mickaleen - 2
DickWI - 2
Janie1121 - 2

Lets get the list growing!!!! :D Let us know if you want to Participate or be a Cabin Host...

Got Tequila?
October 10th, 2011, 05:19 PM
UPDATE ON THE CABIN/POKER CRAWL...

We have 4 cabins so far..

KnitLady037 - Aft Penthouse Suite
Anyman - Inside cabin
Cattie - Balcony
NCPDCBOP- Midship Balcony

PARTICIPANTS:
Mickaleen - 2
DickWI - 2
Janie1121 - 2
Paradise Sailor and Got Tequila? - 2

Lets get the list growing!!!! :D Let us know if you want to Participate or be a Cabin Host...

CTJoeCruiser
October 13th, 2011, 12:41 PM
We're in for the Poker Cabin crawl. Does each group of 5+ take a single deck, and travel together? Perhaps the crawl should start and/or end at one of the bars where the group could grab a bucket of beers!

- Joe

beachmama
October 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
We're in for the Poker Cabin crawl. Does each group of 5+ take a single deck, and travel together? Perhaps the crawl should start and/or end at one of the bars where the group could grab a bucket of beers!

- Joe

Joe, are you saying you want to be a host with your cabin?? Right now we are trying to see how many people are interested in doing this. We will be starting at one of the bars and yes each cabin will be having a deck of cards... How many in your party will be participating? If you read the very top post, Bill tells how it works. Won't know how many groups until we see who signs up...
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]Terri

beachmama
October 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM

- Joe

Hi Joe, are you wanting to be a host or participate and how many in your party?? We will be starting at a bar, but for now we are just wanting to get everyone's input on who will be interested....

Terri

CTJoeCruiser
October 17th, 2011, 04:31 PM
We are a party of 2, and I think, since we only have a balcony room (and there are probably much nicer rooms to see) so would rather participate than host, but if you get into a bind and need a 5th host, we can step up!

Each room with a different deck huh? So you could potentially end up with 5 Ace of Clubs?!:eek: