PDA

View Full Version : MDR - Table Seating

Blessedwith10
September 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Hi All,

We have been on 5 cruises and have never been seated at a table next to a window in the main dining room.

On our last cruise, we went to the Maitre'D as soon as we embarked to ask for a table next to the window. First I was told, "Oh, we can't move you but let me check where you are sitting." We were next to the Captain's table and were then told, "You don't want to move from there you will have the very best service, you are next to the Captain's table etc." So we were not moved.

Now I really want to sit at the window. I love watching the water going by and the sunsets.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I appreciate any advice.

cb at sea
September 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Sure...the Maitre D should have moved you if that's what you wanted. (We've been next to the Captains table and it does NOT insure great service!!!)
You can call RCI or e-mail (someone has the address!) and make the request now. Again...when you board, go to the dining room and make sure!

English_in_Spain
September 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
In the Caribbean, unless you eat very early, it is dark by the time you sit down for dinner.

138east
September 27th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto
Administrator, Restaurant Operations
Specialty Dining Administration
Food & Beverage Operations
Royal Caribbean International
Tel:305-539-6000 ext. 38614
Fax:305-539-4205
RCLDining@rccl.com

readytogo2
September 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Two times I had a table by a window, once it was wonderful as it was a rectangle table right against the window and there was an overhang outside so we never had the sun in our eyes. The second time the sun came in so strong and we had to ask the waiter to close the blinds:(

dedosr
September 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
As you ask for a table by a window, shake his hand and say I would really appreciate it with a Twenty Dollar Bill. Bet it works.

deltatango
September 27th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Yes its easy folding money, works all the time, but we are on MTD four of us, are there tables for 4 near the window

joe6666
September 27th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Email RCLDining@rccl.com about a month ahead - I did this and got a response from:

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com

I did that and I recieved an answer, just as you did.
Does that mean our request will be granted?

39august
September 27th, 2011, 04:16 PM
You should not have to tip to get a window table. There are lots of 2's by the windows in MTD. Those could easily be put together for a 4 and there are some 4 tables there also. If you want to ensure this for every night, make a reservation on your first day, being sure that you are assigned to a 4 table by a window.

jagsfan
September 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com

And I got no response......tried twice. I give up. Good luck to everybody else, though. You never know when you'll hit paydirt.

Florida Scorpion
September 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I did that and I recieved an answer, just as you did.
Does that mean our request will be granted?

Not necessarily. There's never a guarantee.

Blessedwith10
September 27th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com

Thank you for all the responses. I will try e-mailing the above address.

vq35max
September 27th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com

I sent an email to that address regarding my seating.
I did get a response about 4hrs later.

Good afternoon,

Please advised your request is noted and forward to ship. Thank you.

Thank You,

Best Regards,
Varinia Mena
Fax: (305)-539-4205
RCLDining@rccl.com

dedosr
September 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Yes its easy folding money, works all the time, but we are on MTD four of us, are there tables for 4 near the window

With MTD it works even better because people generally don't have the same table as with traditional dining. When we tipped him, he was grateful, and we had the same corner table by a window all week and didn't have to ask again. Of course we tipped him again at the end of the cruise. :)

cruiselvr04
September 27th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I got a prompt message back this week when I asked for a table for 8. He even sent me a drawing of where it would be in the dining room. If you have a special request try the email as said 2-3 weeks prior to your cruise. Easier to give you what you'd like prior to sailing then move someone else later.

Lindy Sue
September 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Love these boards! Thanks to 138East - read this thread yesterday, e- mailed Marlene Prieto asking for a table for 2, received response within 10 minutes (Wow!):). Received a note: "Your request has been confirmed." Awesome! Note: tried this prior to last years MOS sailing, but was told they could not comply due to limited number of 2 tops (smaller ship than FOS, I guess). Still worked out-- went straight to MDR once on board and got our 2 top ;)

vq35max
September 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I did get a response from the Majesty restaurant coordinators last night. They said they have granted me my request for a specific table for my group.

deltatango
September 28th, 2011, 05:12 PM
We will be with our in laws so 4 in all, could we still ask for a table for 4 near the window when we are on MTD ?

popcicle
September 28th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hope you get your table, but have to agree with others, even at early seating when we had a table by the windows, it got dark by the time we were half way through the meal, and seated with our backs to the window it didn't matter anyway...

Jokare
September 28th, 2011, 07:07 PM
We will be with our in laws so 4 in all, could we still ask for a table for 4 near the window when we are on MTD ?
When we were on FOS last year we requested and received a table for two. We were one table from the windows and the table next to the window was a row of tables for four.

joe6666
September 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Love these boards! Thanks to 138East - read this thread yesterday, e- mailed Marlene Prieto asking for a table for 2, received response within 10 minutes (Wow!):). Received a note: "Your request has been confirmed." Awesome! Note: tried this prior to last years MOS sailing, but was told they could not comply due to limited number of 2 tops (smaller ship than FOS, I guess). Still worked out-- went straight to MDR once on board and got our 2 top ;)

It looks like everyone gets the same.... "Your request has been confirmed."

I haven't heard from anyone who actually had their, "request confirmed" and got the table they requested.

B_Mc
September 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Can I just put it out there that because it gets dark so early having a window isn't all that special in January! We had the early seating and couldn't see anything by the end of dinner...Just a thought!

flashcat
September 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I have requested a table for 2 by a window twice and got it both times.

MPowder
September 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM
I'm sailing in less than 3 weeks, emailed my seating request (To have a table for 5) last night, got a response this afternoon saying "Please advised your request is noted and forward to ship. Thank you."

so I guess they could not confirm my request for a cruise in less than a month from now?

Bakincakes
September 29th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Can I just put it out there that because it gets dark so early having a window isn't all that special in January! We had the early seating and couldn't see anything by the end of dinner...Just a thought!

Maybe that doesn't matter? Some people believe the window tables are the "best" and want them, view or no view.;)

Lindy Sue
September 29th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Although we did receive confirmation of our request for 2 top, we will definitely head to MDR upon boarding to confirm (or request change if it isn't a 2 top). Easy thing to do and also makes it easier the first evening if we already know where our table is located :)! Just waned to give a thumbs up to RCI for handling the request so promptly!

jakenashleysmom
September 29th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I seem to remember there being a check off box in "my reservations" on the website for your request for dining alone or to be seated with others? Am I crazy? I know thats not the op's question here, but after reading this thread, I got to thinking that we would rather a table for 4 than be seated with others and checked my reservation and couldn't find anywhere to check. Guess I'll have to e-mail as well?

readytogo2
September 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com

Thank you for posting this info. I realize this is last minute for me as my cruise starts this Sunday but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway.I emailed her last night and woke up to her response, which is :

'Since the sailing is this weekend i have forward the request to the vessel.'

I was impressed with her quick response. Hey even though it's late, it can't hurt:)

PantherFan
September 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
You can also contact the ships directly. Here is the address for Freedom (no space between Coordinator and @)

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator @RCCl.com

RCCL uses these abbreviations:

AD Adventure of the Seas
AL Allure of the Seas
BR Brilliance of the Seas
EN Enchantment of the Seas
EX Explorer of the Seas
FR Freedom of the Seas
GR Grandeur of the Seas
ID Independence of the Seas
JW Jewel of the Seas
LG Legend of the Seas
LB Liberty of the Seas
MJ Majesty of the Seas
MA Mariner of the Seas
MN Monarch of the Seas
NV Navigator of the Seas
OA Oasis of the Seas
RD Radiance of the Seas
RH Rhapsody of the Seas
SR Serenade of the Seas
SP Splendour of the Seas
VI Vision of the Seas
VY Voyager of the Seas

Jimnbigd
September 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
As others have said, it can be dark, or worse the sun in your eyes, at dinner. You might try the MDR for breakfast and lunch (when open, usually on sea days). We usually can get a window table then, and yes the view is quite nice.

Blessedwith10
September 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe that doesn't matter? Some people believe the window tables are the "best" and want them, view or no view.;)

I wasn't being "better" than anybody else.:eek:

I just love looking at the ocean and even if it is only for 1/2 an hour that is 1/2 an hour more memories.

B_Mc
September 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM

That`s why I said just putting it out there!!! I don`t know what people`s motivation is, just wanted to add something they might not have considered!

deltatango
October 1st, 2011, 03:57 AM
Here's my reply, will take the email with me as proof

Good evening,

Please be advised you are part of MTD we do not assign tables all are done onboard. Your request is noted for window table. On your first night advise the hostess that you would like window table. Thank you.

Thank You,

Best Regards,
Varinia Mena
Fax: (305)-539-4205
RCLDining@rccl.com

vrock
October 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
I just sent in a request for a table for 2 waiting to see what happens. :)

readytogo2
October 10th, 2011, 05:45 PM

Marlene Prieto
RCLDining@rccl.com
Thanks again!
You can also contact the ships directly. Here is the address for Freedom (no space between Coordinator and @)

Fr_RestaurantOperationsCoordinator @RCCl.com

RCCL uses these abbreviations:

AD Adventure of the Seas
AL Allure of the Seas
BR Brilliance of the Seas
EN Enchantment of the Seas
EX Explorer of the Seas
FR Freedom of the Seas
GR Grandeur of the Seas
ID Independence of the Seas
JW Jewel of the Seas
LG Legend of the Seas
LB Liberty of the Seas
MJ Majesty of the Seas
MA Mariner of the Seas
MN Monarch of the Seas
NV Navigator of the Seas
OA Oasis of the Seas
RD Radiance of the Seas
RH Rhapsody of the Seas
SR Serenade of the Seas
SP Splendour of the Seas
VI Vision of the Seas
VY Voyager of the Seas
Thanks! I emailed both the email addresses, the one from 138east and yours just days before my cruise. We checked our Dining table when we got on the Serenade and to our pleasant surprise...we got out table for 2 by the window :D:D

Rich2267
November 16th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Love Royal Caribbean . . . . . . . one HUGE complaint though. My last four cruises on the Freedom of the Seas, Oasis and Allure of the Seas I asked for a table for two. This has never happened . . . . I wrote to RCC in Miami and never had the courtesy of a response. When I went to the Maitre d' I was told that there were no tables for two available . . . . . and what really makes me angry is that many tables for two sat EMPTY most of the cruise because the couple that sat there, ate elsewhere. On my last cruise We were placed at a table for six. The other people were obnoxious, so I was forced to eat at the buffet just to get away from them.

Will I sail on RCC again . . . . maybe not. I enjoyed the cruises . . . but, the total experience is ruined when my partner and i can't enjoy a quiet, private meal at a table for TWO!

metairiegal
November 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I emailed both email addresses, too. Fingers crossed for a table for 2.

Cruiseoholic000
November 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing that I would like to have a seat by the window but most likely will be night time so there is no point. If I eat between 6 and 7 the sun will be down (February Caribbean) correct?

In the Caribbean, unless you eat very early, it is dark by the time you sit down for dinner.