PDA

View Full Version : carnival group dining arrangements?

voyages
March 15th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Hi, could anyone give me any info on how CARNIVAL handle their group dining seating. I have had some bad experiences with groups on RCL and once on Princess where every table of my group where in a different section of rhe dining room or poeple not at the right table. I will be taking 2 groups on the LIBERTY this september, one on the 18th and one on the 30th. I would like to hear some of experiences with group dining on CARNIVAL. Good or bad?
Any tricks or suggestions?
Thanks
Denis

cruisingator2
March 16th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Your TA should be able to handle this for you. A good TA will make sure that the cruise line has the proper seating charts given in time for them to get to the dining rooms. I have never had a problem on Carnival with our group being seated together.

BettyB2
March 16th, 2005, 07:07 AM
38 from our group at the Rochester Elks Lodge recently traveled the CONQUEST Feb 20-27th and our seating arrangements were wonderfully arranged, We were a group ranging from age 33-80 with two teenage girls with us. We had 4 tables(304, 306,308,310) of 8 ppl right in a row and a family table of 6 across from us(tables 305) in the Monet. I agree, speak with TA, as ours helped arrange our dinner plans.

Have fun and enjoy !!!:)

radtech
March 16th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Hi everyone - I am cruising with 17 people and my TA said she could not do any arranging until 2 weeks before our cruise which is 7/16/05 on the Glory... :) Could anybody tell me if this is true.... :confused: Right now she has us at two tables of 8 but that only adds up to 16 people where we have 17. I keep explaining to her that this does not make sense. This is my 15th cruise but my first with 17 people. Somebody help!!!!!! :confused:

Radtech

voyages
March 16th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Hi again, I am a TA but this will be my first 2 groups with Carnival. Have done a lot of groups on RCL, CEL & PRI. Just wanted to hear from other groups past experiences in this matter.
Thanks
Denis

serene56
March 16th, 2005, 10:12 AM
As long as EVERY person has their booking number linked together their assignment should be together.

serene56
March 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Right now she has us at two tables of 8 but that only adds up to 16 people where we have 17. I keep explaining to her that this does not make sense. This is my 15th cruise but my first with 17 people. Somebody help!!!!!! :confused:
Radtech

If you look at the deck plans and see the dining room- I am not seeing any tables of 10 on the Glory. Its tables of 8 mostly. Sounds like someone will be squeezed in somewhere.