PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to your *NEW* home !

Help@
December 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Here's a brand new forum opened up just for you. Feel free to start new threads about any topic that comes to mind.

:):):)

ghjohnson
December 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Here's a early Holiday Present for each and every one of you ~

Welcome to our New and Old CC Friends ~ from the now Closed ~
Cruise Critic Sapphire Princess Roll Call Thread ~ called,
"October 22, 2011 LA to Tahiti to LA"

Here is our new home!

Now we can continue to chat, rekindle old friendships and make new ones along the way.

Happy Holidays everyone!

ghjohnson / Amazingrace or AKA: Mama bear

cotatica
December 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Oh how I hope everyone finds this thread after we were "cut off" from each other so quickly. It will be good to hear how everyone is and hopefully share stories and pictures. I for one came home with "the cold" and still have it. So does Diana. Although both my sons have put live Christmas trees in their homes and that always causes my head to have problems so don't know where I stand with it all. Just know Dec will be stuffy for me. But I am so looking forward to Christmas with a 5 3/4 year old, his words, and a 16 month old.

I made many new friends on the cruise and hope to hear from them that they are all doing fine.
Take care, Marla

doris1930
December 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
So glad you started this thread.

Marla nice to meet you.
Happy Holidays to all.

Doris

cotatica
December 7th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Doris you were great at the Passenger Talent Show and very funny. You always had a smile when I saw you on the ship. Take care of yourself, Marla

ghjohnson
December 7th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I have been working on my online cruise journal today that gets mailed to me as a book once I get it done. I noticed on the Panraven Story Viewer site that Andi and Will (audio2of5) have gotten their's done already & It turned out really well! For a peak at their's ~
http://www.panraven.com/storyviewer/?storyId=224788

Anyone else have their's done as well? It is time consuming.

I still have not completed our SPO Cruise Blog ~
it is a work in progress ~ I keep adding stuff as it comes to me.
http://sapphireprincessodyssey.blogspot.com/
and have stopped on that to finish the above journal cause it has to be done within 2 months and time especially now around Christmas just flies by!

I am in full swing at work -
Got the Christmas trees up and all the decorations up as well. Christmas shopping is coming right along. My clients 61st wedding anniversary is 1/6/12 - so they have planned a late Christmas, wedding anniversary & all round thank you dinner. We will have 7 guests plus my clients = 9 at the dining room table. I am making most of the Lamb dinner (Patting myself on the back - I am a pretty good chef!) and 2 guest's are bringing - Sarma : Armenian Stuffed Grape Leaves ~ which goes great with Lamb ~ Yummy! ~ and a dessert of their choice.

How are everyone else's Christmas and or Holiday shaping up?

cotatica
December 7th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks Grace for sharing Andi and Wil's travel album. I am glad to get to share my next cruise with them in April.

Thank you also to Grace for pushing to get us back together. It feels like a chance to really have closure for our cruise. Marla

dchip
December 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hi There!

For those who are interested.............

Here is a link to my pics from Bora Bora and Moorea. Going through all these photos is a long and painstaking process. I took way too many pics :D :eek:

Coming home to special birthdays and the holidays was a challenge for us. I am sure it was for most of you too!!!!!!!

I will post again when I complete another gallery!

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/moorea

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/bora_bora

Cheers, Denise

ghjohnson
December 10th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Marla - Have Lori show you the 2 sets she is making for me. I can hardly wait to see them all made up. I chose lite pink and lite siam red.

~~~~~~~

Where is everyone from our old thread?

I know Christmas time is a bad time for chatting on the cc boards -
and here is the thing ~ I miss you guys!
When - if you have time stop by some day soon and say hellooooooo . . .

cotatica
December 10th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I have to get down there for a visit... about 6 houses away! I know you will love anything she does. hugs, marla

andio2of5
December 13th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Hi all,

Just got Grace's email about this thread. I had gotten so disgusted with all the other threads about our cruise that I unsubscribed to them all. Hence, I didn't know that it was pulled.

The Panraven book is pretty cool, though we haven't actually received the hard copy yet. Wil agonized over what pictures to include and I think he even resorted to some old Hawaii pictures from a few years ago. I told him not to fret so much about it cause he and I were the only ones who would even want to look at it :).

All of our pictures are on Webshots http://community.webshots.com/user/andio2of5

Driving down, we stayed overnight in Santa Barbara at the Rosa Villa Inn.....a quaint, little Tuscan like place just a half block from the beach. I would definitely stay there again. After the cruise, we spent Sat night in San Louis Obispo at the Apple Farm Inn...I love that place.....anything to prolong our vacation and avoid reality. :D

Wasn't it awful to get home and have Thanksgiving staring us in the face??? I had to do last minute shopping for a turkey at Costco and Trader Joe's........awful crowds!!!! And then, along comes Christmas...I am sooo not ready for it. Finally got the tree up and decorated....too bad there's going to be a big empty space underneith it cause I am not up to fighting the crowds for presents.......$$$$$ gifts this year for our three young men.

Denise...I am going to go look at your pictures right now...I know they are beautiful.

Wil and Mike have decided that they want to relive Tahiti so have gotten all three versions of "Mutiny on the Bounty"....hope they have fun watching them cause Wanda and I aren't interested :rolleyes:

Andi

cotatica
December 13th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Andi I am so glad to hear you had the same reaction I did to getting home and all the crowds and madness of shopping. I went on line and did my shopping and most things I have already received.

I also ordered a book from Kodak Gallery that I put together of our trip. It turned out pretty good and had another one made for Diana but it isn't anywhere as nice as yours. That must have been offered by the photo dept on the ship. It is really nice.

As for Denise's photos....FANTASTIC... You have a great camera to get those wonderful pictures.

I miss the ship, the islands, the friends old and new. It seems like we walked off the ship and that was it. I was on such a high and some of the comments just tainted the memories a bit but now a few more weeks later and I still would do the trip over and over again if I could.

I would love to hear from Gloria and Darrell and know that they are ok. Darrell I miss you saying such sweet things to me over and over again!!! hugs to everyone, Marla

ghjohnson
December 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hello Andi, Marla and all,

Thanks so much for coming over and chatting with us. I miss everyone from the cruise. I had a wonderful time in spite of everything and would do the cruise again in a heartbeat. If you know of anyone from the cruise that does not already know about this thread - please tell them.

Andi, I went over and looked at your pictures at Webshots and they are great -
I am a member of webshots also so I invited you to be my member friend.
If it is ok with you I would like to copy off a few of your pictures and put them on the blog!

And DEnise = your pictures are wonderful too - I am waiting patiently to see the rest once you get them up.

Did you all see Peg's pics at Wagonmaster's site?
http://www.zangzing.com/wagonmaster/south-seas-adventure

And of course my Sapphire Princess Odyssey blog has a lot of mine plus others pictures there too ~

However - Whatever - Enjoy all!

andio2of5
December 13th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Andi, I went over and looked at your pictures at Webshots and they are great -
I am a member of webshots also so I invited you to be my member friend.
If it is ok with you I would like to copy off a few of your pictures and put them on the blog!

!
Grace....I went ahead and "friend"ed you :). Go ahead and copy any photos that you want.

Andi

ghjohnson
December 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Grace....I went ahead and "friend"ed you :). Go ahead and copy any photos that you want.

Andi

Thank you, Andi!
Keep us in the loop on where you decide to cruise in the coming years & Who knows we (I) may end up cruising again together some day!

andio2of5
December 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you, Andi!
Keep us in the loop on where you decide to cruise in the coming years & Who knows we (I) may end up cruising again together some day!
So far, here is what we have booked:

April 28, 2012....hawaii 15 day rt out of SF on the Star
Sept 15, 2012....alaska 7 day rt out of Seattle on the Golden
Sept 22, 2012...1 day seattle to Vancouver on the Golden
Sept 24, 2012...2 day Vancouver to SF on the Star
Jan 26, 2013.....49 day South America Ft Lauderdale to SF on the Grand

Anybody going with us????

Andi

ghjohnson
December 13th, 2011, 01:11 PM
So far, here is what we have booked:

April 28, 2012....hawaii 15 day rt out of SF on the Star
Sept 15, 2012....alaska 7 day rt out of Seattle on the Golden
Sept 22, 2012...1 day seattle to Vancouver on the Golden
Sept 24, 2012...2 day Vancouver to SF on the Star

Anybody going with us????

Andi

I want to do this one so bad ~
but so far it is on wait list - I will have to wait and see.

ghjohnson
December 13th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Here are a couple video's to help get you in the mood for Christmas . . .

Don't watch this one unless you like the FUN antics of anxious men and women aboard the HMS OCEAN that are on their way home from deployment for Christmas . . . & oh, so Enjoy!!!! ~ All I want for Christmas! ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDZcGz4vmJc&feature=share

And here is one a little more sedate ;-) ~ that is named after me!

Best Christmas Lights Display!
http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Happy Holidays everyone!

Who Knew
December 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Hello girls!

Wow Andi, you've got cruises! :)

My friend keeps sending me great deals, but I can't book anything until I know the results of some testing I'll have done after the first of the year.

I miss our vacation, lol.

I was totally mellow for a few days after we got back, but it hasn't taken long to feel like we never left.

I have been viewing all your pictures--they are wonderful. I'm still not through sorting through mine and I haven't been very motivated to do it. Perhaps 1000 pictures was a bit munch, lol.

kzmama
December 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hi y'all! So glad to see this thread started. I will post more later, but wanted to let y'all know that on the way home Darrell got pneumonia. He was having such problems breathing and so weak,I took him directly to our hospital before going home. He spent 2 days there and got a little better, but last 2 days he is feeling puny again. He has a doc appt. tomorrow afternoon and hopefully they can get this totally cleared up.

We went to son's lakehouse for Thanksgiving and had a good time there. I also got "the cold" and had laryngitis (?). Darrell said it was nice... I am fine now and going to volunteer at hospital tomorrow morning.

Everyone's pics are so good...I am still working on mine. Marla, I will get that one to you soon.

Best wishes and love to all,

compozer
December 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I have been following you all for months since we are going on the 3/13 cruise. Have enjoyed viewing all your pictures so much. I do have one question if you wouldn't mind answering. Did everyone get dressed up for all the formal nights? I read on a different post that usually on the South Pacific cruises, people don't dress up as much. What did you guys do? thanks.
Sandy

andio2of5
December 13th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Did everyone get dressed up for all the formal nights? I read on a different post that usually on the South Pacific cruises, people don't dress up as much. What did you guys do? thanks.
Sandy
Sandy.....of the four formal nights, we got dressed up in formal gear for three of them. Probably would have done the fourth one except one of our traveling buddies got the noro. DH took his black tux as well as his white dinner jacket. I wore the same dressy black pants, black shoes and different sparkely tops. I thought that most people did get dressed up in the evening for both formal and non-formal nights.

Andi

ghjohnson
December 14th, 2011, 01:54 AM
More getting into the Holiday spirit helpers ~
For those who celebrate ~ Enjoy!
MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Click on Christmas Card >>>>>> http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/bws8Shell_fps24.swf?ihost=http://ak.imgag.com/imgag&brandldrPath=/product/full/el/&cardNum=/product/full/ap/3166187/graphic1

compozer **Regarding getting dressed for formal nights.
I wear simple comfortable clothes - ie: sleeveless back dress with a
black sequin shrug or black or white pants with sparkly tops
and sometimes a matching colorful shrug for the theater to keep my arms warm.

Kzmama - I am glad you both got home safe and sound and am praying you all feel better real soon.
Give Darrell a great big HUG from me!

Who Knew
December 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Did everyone get dressed up for all the formal nights? I read on a different post that usually on the South Pacific cruises, people don't dress up as much. What did you guys do? thanks.
Sandy

We ate at the buffet for 3 of the 4 formal nights, but did go to our assigned dining room for one of them. Neither of us likes to dress up so we were going to just skip all of them, but the head waiter told us we didn't have to be fancy and he really wanted us to come, so I wore black slacks, a nice black tank and a longer black sweater in a fine gauge sweater knit. The all black helped it look dressier than it was, and I was comfortable. My friend wore black slacks and a satiny fabric blouse.

kzmama
December 16th, 2011, 10:45 AM
We did the formal 2 of the 4 nights. We had to do the last formal as they had pheasant and Darrell loves this. It was good. Darrell does bring his suit and I bring black slacks with shiny tops.

Two Tumbleweeds
December 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
We got dressed up for the 4 formal nights. I wore my white dinner jacket with my miniature medals and a tux pants, and my beautiful bride wore formal clothes. That sure is easier than wearing my class A uniform and we enjoy dressing up once in awhile.Some folks don't care to and that's fine, afterall we should do what is comfortable for us. We enjoyed the cruise very much but we'll never sail on the Sapphire again. Trying to catch a show in the Explorer's Lounge was near impossible without grabbing seats far in advance, so we missed some good ones.

ghjohnson
December 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
OK, I just finished my Cruise Journal on Panraven . com and requested they send me a the hard copy ~ if you want a peak ~ here it is . . .

http://www.panraven.com/storyviewer/?storyId=224631

Now back to work on the Blog . . .

kzmama
December 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Very nice job, Grace. It broiught back great memories.

Papa Bear Too
December 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi all,
Glad to find this site. Thanks Grace for sending the link. Sorry I haven't been on here before. Been busier than all getout since we got home. We thot the whole cruise was fantastic. Can't believe the number of sad comments that were posted on the old thread. Sure there were some disappointments with the show seating, etc., but we expected it based on the demographics of the cruise passenger list. I'll bet the shows during the next week cruise (Mexico with 560 kids on board) didn't have the same seating problems as we did. I thot they could have offered the same shows a few more times to accommodate the number of passengers, but, that is just my opinion. I'll bet they learned a few things from the comments on this cruise that they will implement in the future.

When we got back to LA, we got hit with a big dose of reality when we pulled up to LAX with all the Christmas decorations already put up. Thanks have just been zany ever since. Now we are getting ready to head down south for the winter as soon as Christmas is over so we have that to look forward to. We started to work on the photo journal, but haven't gotten back to it yet. It is on next week's schedule. Thanks to those that have theirs finished and are allowing peeks at them. Maybe we can pick up a few ideas.

As an aside, Donna (Who Knew): You should have stuck around for that last tournament. I managed to win the whole thing. I would have bought you and your friend one of those little umbrella drinks. LOL.

Andi & Wil: Sounds like you have a full schedule planned. Don't forget to call if you come up through Portland on your way to the Seattle cruises.

Marla & Diana: Miss you guys! Sorry we didn't get any more chances to get together for Pegs & Jokers. Had a great time teaching you Marla.

Take care everyone and have a happy holiday season! Will try to stay in touch while we travel down the road.

Tim & Diane (Papa Bear Too)

Who Knew
December 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Darn it all Tim! LOL! Lydia and I actually talked about staying to watch the last one! Oh well, neither of us drink, but they could have put the umbrella in some water. Tap would have been fine. :D

compozer
December 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks all for answering my question. I do love to get dressed up so glad to hear it wasn't too casual. Everything around home seems so casual these days. My dh even said he'd like to buy a tux. We are going on more and more cruises lately so I'll have to see if I can find one. Am packing now for our Christmas cruise.

dchip
December 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am sure you are all as busy as I am! Sheesh!!!!

My website's server has been down so that is why this link took forever for me to post. Anyway here it is American Samoa through my eyes :D

http://www.pbase.com/dchip/american_samoa

Glad you have enjoyed the previous two ports. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Denise

ghjohnson
December 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am sure you are all as busy as I am! Sheesh!!!!

My website's server has been down so that is why this link took forever for me to post. Anyway here it is American Samoa through my eyes :D

Glad you have enjoyed the previous two ports. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Denise

All of your pictures before are gorgeous and these are no different!
Thank you for sharing them with us!

Happy Holidays everyone!

kzmama
December 22nd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Denise, Thanks also from me for sharing those pics. They brought back some wonderful memories.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Gloria & Darrell

flamomo
December 25th, 2011, 08:12 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to ONE AND ALL!

Mary Lou

andio2of5
December 25th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Merry Christmas all!!!

So, what is everyone doing today???

Since the boys are all now young men and not a one of them married (:mad:), Christmas has evolved into a pretty low key day. We will all congegrate at our house to open presents and then go crazy ordering Chinese take out....I swear they order one of everything from the menu!!! Lots of leftovers. After pigging out, the guys scatter and Wil and I spend the rest of the day napping while attempting to read and watch football. I must also still compose my christmas letter and get cards out :o....well, maybe I'll just skip the cards this year and send the letter via email.

May all of you have a very merry christmas, no matter how you spend the day.

Andi

cotatica
December 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Merry Christmas all!!!

So, what is everyone doing today???

Andy, thanks for sharing your day. I am about to leave for my son's house and the grandkids, almost 6 and 17 months. I must say the "Elf on the Shelf" has made for a very good 5 year old this December! Where were they when my boys were growing up. This afternoon we will all be at my oldest son's for dinner. I hear prime rib. There is a horse shoe game at 1pm, it's 27 degrees right now, as the meat cooks on an open fire in the backyard. No matter what happens it is always wonderful to be with family.
Enjoy the day everyone and best wishes, Marla

ghjohnson
December 26th, 2011, 02:11 AM
I spent Christmas eve preparing lunch and dinner meals for my clients for Christmas. *I do this because I do not have a family of my own and I like to celebrate Christmas ~ so, I ~ get to Have Christmas Too.

Christmas morning =8am I helped them open their gifts.

At 9am I headed to my church for Christmas Day service ~ A very good message on Christmas Treasures. At the end of the service every one was encouraged to write down what they were giving as a gift from themselves. No not money or things - Just where & how you want to grow internally this coming year. And then we all put our memo in a brightly colored box & took it to the front of the church and put it in an empty manger.

*I asked the Pastor's wife what they were going to do with all the memo's in the little boxes and she said she hadn't thought that far ahead, so I suggested a small book be made of all the memos put in the manger today to mark our progress through out the coming year. No one will know whose is whose and it will be something we could take home and pray over for each other.

When I came back to work at 5pm Christmas Day my 2 clients and the staff on were raving about the egg dish I had put together for them for lunch ~ how good it was. *I will have some for breakfast myself tomorrow morning and see!

Christmas dinner was pretty darn good too!

dchip
December 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hope your holidays were fabulous however you celebrate!

We are having Christmas today! Since our sons are both married and have in laws, Christmas is whatever day works each year.

We do go to one son's house and watch Hope 9, and Chase 2, open Santa's presents. We have breakfast there and then come home to a peaceful day together. Daelyn who is 1 took her first steps on Christmas Day. We are looking forward to seeing her new accomplishment.

The kids and grands will all be here by 3pm, we will take our annual family photo for the "family ornament", open gifts and eat Nonna's lasagne. Looking forward to a fun day with family.

Cheers, Denise

Papa Bear Too
December 27th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone,
Hope all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a prosperous New Year. We are leaving tomorrow in our motorhome to head south, hoping to arrive in Hemet, CA on New Year's Day. We typically spend New Year's Eve at the Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield, then make our final drive to Hemet early in the morning so we can be parked and set up in time for the football games. It is always fun to reunite with our winter family.

Our Christmas was sort of strange this year as we celebrated a week early so the whole family could be together. Our middle son and his family were spending Christmas with her family this year. Once they get married, you have to share them with other family, but we are still grateful to have them when we can get them. The whole next week seemed strange as we already had Christmas over, and they were still playing carols on the radio. We did go to two different Christmas Eve services though which were great. We connected with several old friends.

Right now I am sitting at the car dealership getting my car serviced before our big trip tomorrow. Nothing like leaving things for the last minute. Next I am going to try to finish up my Panraven photo journal. Thanks to those of you that were willing to share your efforts. It has helped with ideas for ours.

Take care everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year!

Tim & Diane

andio2of5
December 27th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

Christmas was lovely....I got my new iPad so have been busy loading all my games:D.

Our middle son was able to come from Chico for a few days....Wil and I just drove him back yesterday so I am sitting in his messy (well, more than messy...I am being kind with that term). Apt while he is off to work. I am busy doing his laundry and cleaning the kitchen....yes, I know....do those mother genes ever go away? The father genes do cause Wilbur is just sitting in his chair playing with his computer, oblivious to this mess!!!! Anyway, we will be driving back down to san Jose tomorrow....real life goes on?

Hey, you RV travelers....have a safe journey.....the traffic coming up this way yesterday was horrific.....bad, bad idea to drive the day after Xmas.

I just love this new iPad!!!!!!!!!

Lately, we have been staying put at home for new years eve so have no plans for this year.

Andiy

Who Knew
December 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Missed Christmas, so I'll have to wish everyone a Happy New Year instead!

I TOTALLY "missed" Christmas this year. We were going to have a very small one anyway with just myself, my mother and aunt, but I got sick and auntie's back went out.

I didn't want to give whatever I've got to my aunt or mother, so I stayed home on the couch. They, at least, had prime rib, lol.

noj
December 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds like everyone had a great time yesterday! We opened presents in the morning about 8:30 when the Gks got up(good thing since Mother and DD were up til 2 AM!). Then they fired up an electric grill and cooked bacon and the the power went out! It came on again for a little bit and they used a new egg cracker gizmo to make scrambled eggs, fired up the regular gas cooking stove for scrambled eggs. We also had pastries and cold cereal. Next we drove for two hours over to my sister's and DBIL's home to meet with them and my brother, his wife and their dog and nephews and neices family and their dog for a greeat dinner! We missed one nephew and his dog but we brought DD's two with us so everyone had a great time!! Jon

Two Tumbleweeds
January 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hello Everyone,
Cheers, Denise

Those are fabulous photos and brought back many great memories. Thank you from Bob and Arlene:D:D I wish we knew how to post our photos here. Perhaps we'll learn how.:confused:

High Flyer
January 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Question for Dchip.....Loved those photos you took with the TS3 on your South Pacific Cruise. How do you feel the camera preformed? Did you get any condensation in the lense? Any use for a the extra "gismos" ie GPS ? Any trouble holding and operating in and under water? How was the battery life? Thank You in advance.....

dchip
January 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Question for Dchip.....Loved those photos you took with the TS3 on your South Pacific Cruise. How do you feel the camera preformed? Did you get any condensation in the lense? Any use for a the extra "gismos" ie GPS ? Any trouble holding and operating in and under water? How was the battery life? Thank You in advance.....

Thanks to all of you who have enjoyed my photos. I still haven't processed all of them. Life does get in the way sometimes :eek:

For High Flyer, here you go:

I thought the TS3 did an exceptional job underwater! It is also great in good light on land, not so hot for low light pics.

No condensation at all. I did put it in fresh water for 10 minutes immediately after using in the water. Rinsed it completely after we returned to the ship.

We did use the GPS. It was fun especially when we were getting near the equator. If I didn't have one, it would be fine :D

No problem holding or using controls in the water. HOWEVER, I couldn't see the LCD without my glasses. Never realized this was going to be a problem. The photos I took were really point and shoot. LOL!!!!

Battery life was good. Didn't have to change a battery during a day of shooting.

I did process the pics in Adobe Photoshop Elements. One quick click on Auto Levels and what you see is what I got. Without levels the photos were that very blue color you get from underwater pics.

Cheers, Denise

High Flyer
January 13th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks Denise. I bid on a TS3 last night on Ebay and lost out. Try, Try again. Good tip about soaking it in sink after salt water use.

Keep snapping those lovely pix. You have a fan club out here.:)

Jokelady
January 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I have been following you all for months since we are going on the 3/13 cruise. Have enjoyed viewing all your pictures so much. I do have one question if you wouldn't mind answering. Did everyone get dressed up for all the formal nights? I read on a different post that usually on the South Pacific cruises, people don't dress up as much. What did you guys do? thanks.
Sandy

I noticed you said 3/13. Could you let me know what the itinerary is. We have Tahiti in our sights and I am now following this thread and scanning the pictures. I look forward to staying in a OWB.

Kathy

ghjohnson
January 14th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Very sad news, about the Costa Concordia capsizing, and so far ~ eight lives lost.

My thoughts and prayers are with those still on the ship, those families who lost loved ones, and all passengers and crew on this cruise.

http://mikeyscruiseblog.com/2012/01/13/breaking-news-costa-concordia-rams-into-pier-killing-2/

noj
January 14th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Grace for bringing this out. Otherwise I might not have been aware of this tragedy. Our prayers are for all those affected. Noj

Bucky3
January 17th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I noticed you said 3/13. Could you let me know what the itinerary is. We have Tahiti in our sights and I am now following this thread and scanning the pictures. I look forward to staying in a OWB.

Kathy

We had to cancel this Sapphire 2010 cruise, but we are now booked on the 3/13 cruise. The itinerary is RT from San Pedro (LA) to Kauai, Oahu (Honolulu), Maui (Lahaina), and Hilo. Then we go on to two stops in Samoa (Pago Pago in American Samoa and Apia in Western Samoa), then to Bora Bora, Moorea, and Tahiti (Papeete). There are 8 sea days in a row coming directly back to LA from Papeete. This cruise is on Star Princess departing on March 26, 2013.

Bobbie

ghjohnson
January 20th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the Sapphire Princess sitting in the Victoria drydock covered in snow?

andio2of5
January 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the Sapphire Princess sitting in the Victoria drydock covered in snow?
No picture, sorry. What a sight that must be!!!!

Andi

ghjohnson
January 21st, 2012, 02:25 AM
This is the best I can do for today - Snowflakes on the web cam with some snow in the background!

ghjohnson
January 22nd, 2012, 02:27 AM
oopps posted in wrong place

ghjohnson
January 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Here is a photostream of work being done on the Sapphire Princess during dry dock

And yes, there is a picture in there with the ship covered in snow!

Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/sets/72157628798822191/

Jokelady
January 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to thank you all for posting your pics and your comments. I have been reading them all and looking at the photos. I hope to go to Tahiti this year with my OH. It really does look beautiful.

Happy sailings...

Kathy