PDA

View Full Version : Where we are cruising to next...

MargoK
January 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I thought I would start a new thread so we can see where everyone is heading on their next cruise.

We already know:

Yvette and Bill are of the Century again 17th Feb Perth to Sydney

Gwyneth and Reg are Celebrity cruise round the Adriatic in October

cinogirl
January 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
No cruise booked yet. We applied for a cruise inspection and lunch on Radiance of the Seas next month and got accepted but today I got an email saying sorry, overbooked. Very disappointing (especially because the girl said she had tried to call me, but i didn't have a missed call notification so I'm a bit skeptical about that). I know Rosemary was lucky enough to get an inspection and lunch on a Princess ship.

Blackfeet
January 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hi Margot
Have just read your thread, great to remember fun times.
Today is Australia Day, rain rain go away - all celebrations have been cancelled, we were going to a breakfast bbq cruising on our beautiful river. Now off to celebrate lunch with friends, one was on the Spirit of Adventure while we were in port. She very much enjoyed her trip travelling solo with mostly British tourists.
Good to see the photo of the Century, Silver Shadow and Spirit of Adventure together. We have booked the Silver Shadow Singapore - Singapore 28th March to celebrate Merv's 70th.
Cheers :)

Breezey
January 31st, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hi Margot and all
No cruises for awhile. Planning a land trip to Hawaii February 2013 with my brother, sister in law and another couple to celebrate a few big birthdays. That's our next big trip.
Larry still wants to do the Baltic and both want to try a river cruise. Who knows when.

BrusselsGirl07
February 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM
We leave on the 15 Feb to fly to Perth, for the Perth to Sydney cruise on Century which leaves on the 17th. It will feel like home, as we were just on! Our birthdays are next week on 10th and 12th Feb, so we are having a party. Some friends are flying down from Brisbane for it, and staying next weekend, and leaving on Sunday night. Then Bill's Mum and Dad arrive on the Monday to look after the house and cats while we are away, and we fly out on the Wednesday night, and working right up untill Wed night as it is a parliament sitting day! So it will be a stressful few days, a very rushed packing, but something nice to look forward to at the end. Hope everyone is well and happy!

hawkeye01
February 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Hi Margot & Pete,
Our next one is Sydney- New York 3 nights , join Norwegian Jewel 36 nights Panama Canal up the West Coast to Vancouver , Alaska, 2 nights Seattle, 3 nights Vegas. That is the end of the package. 7 more nights Vegas fly to Ft Lauderdale 2nights, 7 nights Oasis of the Seas- Caribbean . Then fly home to Oz.
Regards to all Max & Sandra

MargoK
February 14th, 2012, 11:47 PM
We leave on the 15 Feb to fly to Perth, for the Perth to Sydney cruise on Century which leaves on the 17th. It will feel like home, as we were just on! Our birthdays are next week on 10th and 12th Feb, so we are having a party. Some friends are flying down from Brisbane for it, and staying next weekend, and leaving on Sunday night. Then Bill's Mum and Dad arrive on the Monday to look after the house and cats while we are away, and we fly out on the Wednesday night, and working right up untill Wed night as it is a parliament sitting day! So it will be a stressful few days, a very rushed packing, but something nice to look forward to at the end. Hope everyone is well and happy!

If you see this Yvette - hope you and Bill have a great Northern Explorer trip - we are very envious!! We will get there eventually!

Hi Margot & Pete,
Our next one is Sydney- New York 3 nights , join Norwegian Jewel 36 nights Panama Canal up the West Coast to Vancouver , Alaska, 2 nights Seattle, 3 nights Vegas. That is the end of the package. 7 more nights Vegas fly to Ft Lauderdale 2nights, 7 nights Oasis of the Seas- Caribbean . Then fly home to Oz.
Regards to all Max & Sandra

Hi Max and Sandra - off on the next big adventure! Well done. Something we can only dream about at this stage. Don't forget to report back! We want to hear all about it!

And to Merv and Pam - Merv have a wonderful 70th on the Silver Shadow!

cinogirl
February 15th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Colin and I are hoping to snag a fly/cruise/stay deal to Korea, China & Japan in June. $1,699 for flights, 2 nights pre- and 1 night post- accommodation and an 8 night cruise on Legend of the Seas. Just waiting to hear back from them.

MargoK
March 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM

Hi Yvette and Bill.

How did your cruise Perth to Sydney go? Would be keen to hear about it as it is one of those Pete & I would like to do.

In particular, what was the weather like in Feb - was it very very hot??? We are thinking Princess April to July may be better, but it is more expensive! And I think there is now a Princess one in Sept next year, and RCCI do this itineray in Oct/Nov.

I know alot of ports are tender, which doesn't worry me alot, but the heat does!

cinogirl
March 18th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Colin and I are booked on a Japan and Korea cruise on Legend of the Seas in June.

Anyone got any recommendations for Beijing, Busan, Nagasaki, Miyazaki (Aburatsu), Kobe or Fukuoka?