PDA

View Full Version : Still Hangin' With The Primate Posse

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Okay. Looks like this is our new home. We'll try a few posts, sweep out the closets, etc.

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 04:07 PM
We might have trouble getting home for awhile, so if you get lost, you know what to do:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/ruby_slippers.jpg

Good luck,

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Everything seems to be working normally, so we'll wait awhile and see how many people find us, then use email or whatever (even a phone call? gasp) to help everyone else get here. Both the forum and the thread are named the way we had decided, so hopefull most people will make it. I'll post the link for the PITs on the March 4 Solstice roll call.

Sigh. I miss the old one already. But this one is obviously much more energy efficient. You can't stop progress. :rolleyes:

Larry

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Count me in! I found you :D Welcome to our new home everyone!

Judy

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Larry - how do I modify my logo?

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Count me in! I found you :D Welcome to our new home everyone!

Judy

Congratulations. You're the first one. Don't ever feed us that "confused" baloney again. :)

Larry

PS: Judy, I see we were both posting at the same time, so I missed your request when I first posted. I'm in the middle of something right now, but later, probably by email, I'll tell you how to include an avatar. Or somebody else might jump in before me. Or you might even figure out by yourself. It's in the UserCP.

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
OK! What about to old to remember or suffer from CRS... ;)

P.S. Thank you - I will wait for instructions... :O)

prim8keeper
January 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hey! I found it too. Granted I cam by way of the link you posted on our Equinox roll call... Looks like we are the cool kids.

Judy - we should start a recipe sharing thread!

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I'm game Tom if you are... ;) Just tell me what and when to post.

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
God, sometimes I hate myself. I promised Sharon we would keep everything in one thread, but after Tom's suggestion I couldn't resist making a Primate Posse Recipe thread. I'm so lazy I'll probably just include links to some of my favorites instead of the full recipe.

Larry

prim8keeper
January 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
God, sometimes I hate myself. I promised Sharon we would keep everything in one thread, but after Tom's suggestion I couldn't resist making a Primate Posse Recipe thread. I'm so lazy I'll probably just include links to some of my favorites.

Larry

haha, well I personally thought it might be a good idea because good luck finding any of the ones posted in that other thread. I figured at least this way there might be a fighting chance...

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
haha, well I personally thought it might be a good idea because good luck finding any of the ones posted in that other thread. I figured at least this way there might be a fighting chance...

I've already posted my first link in the recipies. And you're right. We'll have to have a no-chatting rule. Just recipes. That way we can find them.

Larry

Vol fan
January 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hey, hey, hey. First PIT to find you. Go Primate Posse!!
Carole

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Larry - how do I modify my logo?

Judy: After looking at the Cruise Critic instructions, I'm not sure there is much I can add. Just go to the User Control Panel (UserCP in the banner at the top of every page, including this one. It's on the left in the pink strip that's at the bottom of the header). Click on that, then chose "Edit Avatar" and follow the instructions. Must be easy. BHT did it. :D

Let me know if you have any problems. And if anybody else can offer help or advice, please jump in.

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Hey, hey, hey. First PIT to find you. Go Primate Posse!!
Carole

Glad you found us Carole. Welcome. Wonder how long it will take us to top 5560 posts?

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Thank you Larry ;)

Vol fan
January 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Glad you found us Carole. Welcome. Wonder how long it will take us to top 5560 posts?

Should we take bets? Or have a pool?
CAM

Judak
January 30th, 2012, 06:59 PM
what is the link for the recipes?

bighairtexan
January 30th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm (looking around and checking out our new digs).
I think this place needs decorating!!!
I'll get Nate Berkus to drop by w/ some new throw pillows.

I like the idea of the recipe thread. Eventually maybe we'll have a photo thread where we can post massive numbers of photos from events in our lives. Like PICTURES OF BASIL!!

Of course I won't be posting on a photo thread, because I'm still unable (and unwilling to learn ) to figure out how to get my photos out of my dang camera and into iPhoto!! (OK Judy and I are twins separated at birth).

Um... someone... could you kindly put these drapes up? It feels like a barn in here! What, too lacy?
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/bighairtexan/Engl20Swag20PR_ins20Val_20PNL20Plain.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
what is the link for the recipes?

Judy, it's right here in the same forum, only the thread says Primate Posse Recipies instead of Still Hangin' With The Primate Posse.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=796

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM
**RUNNING UP W/ MY ARMS OUT.... LARRRRYYYY and MRS LARRRYYYY** Welcome to the Primate Posse.
You came to the right place because I have an opinion about EVERYTHING LOL
OK so ... ahem.. I did AQ on my October cruise. Here is my not so humble opinion:
Carafes of herb iced tea in the room: LOVED IT
Aroma therapy reeds: HATED IT and they removed them
Extra upgraded toiletries: LIKED IT
Persian Gardens: HATED IT. I mean it often wasn't quiet w/ a bunch of blabbers (no not me) and I'm in the Caribbean so who wants to sit on a warm tile (tile is hard) lounger. Rather be on my balcony.
BLU the room: LOVED IT. Great service from sommelier to the maitre'd and lovely room
BLU the menu: HATED IT. I am a foodie and there was always one thing in each category that appealed to me but never an overwhelming bunch of choices. Rather bland for the most part. GREAT BREAKFASTS And the desserts? BLEEEEAHHHHHHH
But even if you do Concierge you'll get the expanded breakfast room service menu.

So when I was on the October Solstice, I booked a C1 for this cruise and the 12/3 Eclipse. It was actually a wee bit more than AQ but I'm thrilled. That rear panorama view is sooooo wonderful. Some ppl think it's a bit of a hike to the elevators, but I personally need the walk after sucking down 3 appetizers and an entree. Maybe a little more motion if the seas are high but I like being rocked to sleep.

Now granted I'm in the significant minority as a BLU hater! LOL

TOM, I hate to seem like a Pollyanna, but I'm thinking the job thing is going to work out for the better. I feel it in my bones. Often seems to happen that way. Best thing that happened to my son was getting laid off several years ago from his mortgage job, when re-fi's evaporated. He now has his dream job and loves going into work. Yeah well he's in a fancy schmancy hotel in Paris as I type so what's not to love.

Okay, so turn it around 'cause I got here first.
So, a BIG welcome from Mrs. Larry and Mr. Larry.

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Did someone mention pictures of basil? BHT, you asked for it, you got it. I figure I'd better get my basil posted before Coreo takes over with her cute, cuddly stuff. This basil was actually pretty cute and cuddly seven weeks ago when none other than Bighairtexan stood in my backyard and sang happy growing songs to it. Here's how the basil looks today. It must have liked BHT's singing.

(Don't tell BHT, but basil doesn't have ears.)

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/BasilReady.jpg

And what's up with 43 views already on the Primate Posse Recipe thread when there's only one post? Lurkers? Thread weevils? Lost souls from ancient shipwrecks?

Larry

Vol fan
January 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I thought ya'll meant Basil!

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/volfan09/holmes2.jpg

Carole

bighairtexan
January 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
WOWSERS LARRY, I forgot all about ever writing that stuff. I'm usually so quiet and shy, yet that greeting looked very outgoing and excitable!

And I thought JAN told me the basil died right after my singing (many people have wanted to). Must be "ringer" basil.

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM
WOWSERS LARRY, I forgot all about ever writing that stuff. I'm usually so quiet and shy, yet that greeting looked very outgoing and excitable!

And I thought JAN told me the basil died right after my singing (many people have wanted to). Must be "ringer" basil.

Nope. The basil thrived after your singing. No ears, you know. ;) But the elephant ear in the corner was shriveled up the next morning. :eek: And a corn field in the next county went up in flames. Too many ears. :rolleyes:

That post of yours I quoted was back in March after I made my first post on the Dec. 11 roll call. Seems a lot longer ago than that. The days have been kind, but the years haven't. But see, you really did make us feel welcome.

Larry

station93
January 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Aha, thought you could hide did ya well I just got out my trusty bloodhound and found the forum
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/Bloodhound1299638090.jpg

BTW don't know whose shorts those are

bighairtexan
January 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
LOL Ya FOUND us.... hey isn't that LARRY'S undies that the bloodhound is shirking away from?

HEY 93, I'm old. I'm forgetful. I know WHO you are and could pick you out of a crowded room, but I cannot remember your name even if I were forced to wear those aforementioned "jockies".

You ARE aware that some of us are going on a 10 day Equinox cruise on Feb 1!! The old MOLE BAR GANG!! And there's a cabin w/ YOUR NAME ON IT!! (so that means, if I could look at the deck plans, if I could find that cabin, I'd know your name!)

I SEE IT!!!! Glad you found us, Emergency Exit!!
(Sharon here but I go by BHT, Bighair, Big)

PS: GLEN???? Had some help from Bob.

Hollywood Traveler
January 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Glenn: Can't believe I let BHT slip in ahead of me. I was going to say they looked like her unmentionables. But at least I remember your name. ;)

Seems like Jan and I ought be to able to stroll past the Molecular Bar and see you holding down that seat on the right side of the bar. Good to hear from you again.

Larry

station93
January 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Congrats on remembering the name, see your not that old yet.

2/1/13 on the Equinox hmm sound interesting may have to keep that in mind(birthday cruise)

The good ole Mole bar, love it, can't wait til March on Eclipse(wonder if they will reserve a seat with my name)

Topaz_M
January 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I found US!! Good idea to have the recipes in a separate thread :p

http://images.wikia.com/camphalfbloodroleplay/images/0/08/FireworksAnimated.gif

Topaz_M
January 30th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hey Glenn,

I thought you were a permanent fixture at the Mole Bar and/or the Cafe Al Bacio :p ;)

They'll miss you!

station93
January 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Ah i forgot about the Cafe Al Bacio, love that coffee bar.

Also the sunset bar, Sinclair made a mean Margarita for me everyday.

See what P6 did for me a lot of drinking, hic..........

bighairtexan
January 30th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Yeah Glen and Moira,
Since I'm off the ship I'm not drinking any more.

I'm not drinking any LESS either.

Ba da BOOM!! thanks thanks. I'll be here all week. Wednesday is Ladies' Night. Tell your friends.....

Coreopsis
January 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM
This is my virgin post here.

Does anyone else find it funny that the last post was:

"glad we are not shut down yet"

Coreopsis
January 30th, 2012, 11:39 PM
perhaps we should all reintroduce ourselves.

bighairtexan
January 30th, 2012, 11:53 PM
HI, I'm Sharon and I'm an alc.....

I mean I'm a Californian trapped in Texas w/ my 2 greyhound rescues, 1 whippet rescue, and Bob..... he's just a rescue.
2 kids (meridith 30, married, working in Bev Hills ... I know her well so I call her "Bev" and living in West L.A.) and (Ryan 32, working/living in St. Louis...engaged .... May 19th ...you've probably all received your "Save the Dates!") And no the Save the Date is not some kind of Green Peace thing for preservation of Palm Tree Fruits.

subtchr
January 31st, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hi, all of you primates!

Tried to sneak away while I was busy, didja? It's not easy to ditch me.

Between sorting through my dad's house and helping to plan the FIRST wedding in the family this year (Pete's brother Tim is getting married March 24, in case you don't recall), I've been preoccupied.

Definite progress on my parents' house, I am happy to report. I spent several days last week sorting through old slides from the early 1950s to the late 70s, "narrowing" them down to several hundred to be converted to digital format. All the better for our children to be amused by the hairstyles and fashions.

We even have a timetable - all the siblings and grandkids are to come get anything they want by the end of February, then it's tag sale, then donation, then trash for anything that is left, followed by painting - cleaning - carpet cleaning - house on the market, hopefully by mid-March. For any of you who have done this for parents or other relatives, it's pretty overwhelming. Definitely bittersweet, lots of memories. It's a cute house in a popular area of Columbus with good schools, so I don't think it will take too long to sell. (D'oh...jinxed it)

As for the wedding, it seems to be coming together nicely. We found a spot for the rehearsal dinner, and my future daughter-in-law's family found an amazing house to rent for a few days before the wedding. In Tim's planning spreadsheet showing who is staying where and when, it has been labeled "The Mansion" (http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/186147).

Other than that we have been enjoying the weirdest winter weather in many years. Ohio. 60 degrees. January. Not complaining, just flabbergasted.

Sharon, your Ryan is getting married on Bruce's birthday!

Keep the thread alive!

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
This is my virgin post here.

Does anyone else find it funny that the last post was:

"glad we are not shut down yet"

I thought it was particularly fitting that the last post was from Leslie. "And the first shall be last" or something like that. :)

Welcome Coreo and SubstituteTeacher. It would appear as if everybody is finding us okay. I would introduce myself, but I've always been too afraid to get to know me very well.

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
For those of you who may have missed it, here's Tom's Super Bowl Snack Tray. I would have posted it in the other thread, but I don't have the recipe:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/superbowl.jpg

Actually, upon reflection, I might be a little confused. It might be a Coreopsis creation instead.

Larry

Judak
January 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yumeeeee!!!!!:d

prim8keeper
January 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM
For those of you who may have missed it, here's Tom's Super Bowl Snack Tray. I would have posted it in the other thread, but I don't have the recipe:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/superbowl.jpg

Actually, upon reflection, I might be a little confused. It might be a Coreopsis creation instead.

Larry

For the record I would never serve sandwich's on little old white bread! Whole wheat, french, or sourdough is the only way to go.

Also that is a lot of ham.

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 12:31 PM
For the record I would never serve sandwich's on little old white bread! Whole wheat, french, or sourdough is the only way to go.

Also that is a lot of ham.

Okay. Would you serve a sandwich that looks like this?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/FunnyFoodArtPicture-FunnyFoodClipArt-Shoesart.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 12:52 PM
This is actually my favorite sandwich:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/funny-food-photos-jaw-buster.jpg

We used to eat healthy, but you can see in this picture why we stopped eating vegetables and fruit. How can you cut up or cook a friend?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/squashloup.jpg

If you look carefully you'll see pictures of our grandson on the refrigerator. He's cute, huh? Takes after his Granddad. ;) That's Jan with him in the little red fire truck.

Okay, now I'm going to head out this afternoon and get a real life.

Larry

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 01:36 PM
GLEN!! If you sail w/ us on 2/1/13 we'll MAKE a plaque w/ your name for a Mole bar seat ! It's a deal.

OK this is going around in email and I don't know if it's true but sounds like Churchill:

After his retirement Winston Churchill was cruising the Mediterranean on an Italian cruise liner and some Italian journalists asked why an ex British Prime Minister should choose an Italian ship.

"There are three things I like about being on an Italian cruise ship" said Churchill.
"First their cuisine is unsurpassed,
Second their service is superb,
And then, in time of emergency, there is none of this nonsense about women and children first"

SUE I hope things w/ your dad's house go smoothly. And I have to say, after Meridith's wedding last year, I'm very happy only to be saddled with.. I mean RESPONSIBLE for the rehearsal dinner. That and trying to patch up Ryan's relationship w/ his dad, my ex aka THE JERK.

LARRY I must say that Super Bowl Cold-cut-a-thon makes my paltry Velveeta (w/ chili mind you) look sad. Very sad.
And I must say, when I saw the pictures of Larry's grandson last month, I remember thinking, "What a cutie. Definitely takes after his lovely grandmother."

Trying out my 7th set of housekeepers since moving to Texas. These were only AN HOUR LATE. Off to a great start. Hopefully they won't put the clean sheets on without taking the dirty sheets OFF! (oh I am not making that up.)

CRUISERTN
January 31st, 2012, 01:44 PM
I did find it amusing that I had the first and last post on our ORIGINAL Posse board!! Sorry to see the old one go, but glad we have found a new home!!

I thought the last month before retirement was supposed to wind down a bit, but seems like that is not going to happen. I will just be glad when I can say "I'm retired"....:p

subtchr
January 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM
Larry, if you are not worrying about the nutrition content, HERE is the ultimate sandwich, straight from newly-diagnosed-with-diabetes Paula Deen:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/Krispy_Kreme_Burger1.jpg

And speaking of Krispy Kreme, two possible wedding cakes:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/kreme.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/kkcake1.jpg

And lastly, it seems that Captain Schettino has a new job:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/Bus.jpg

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 02:01 PM
HEYYYY LESLIE!!

And LOL on Schettino's bus!

Judak
January 31st, 2012, 02:17 PM
LESLIE - I'm retired! Now repeat after me - I'm retired, I'm retired, I'm retired... You have to practice to get it right. ;)

BHT - I refer to my ex as POND SCUM! Kinda fits him...... :eek:

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 02:23 PM
JUDY, maybe you and I were married to the same scum! LOL

Judak
January 31st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Possibly! Mine was a real piece of work! and not a very nice person - took me 12 years to figure that one out.

subtchr
January 31st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sharon, on a related note to you trying to be the mediator/negotiator/facilitator between your son and his dad...

Our only mini-drama so far with the first family wedding is that I don't want Bruce's sister to be there. Period. She is a parasite who treats Bruce like $%^& but then turns around and acts all sweet to him to get what she wants. As for personality, you all met Bruce, right? Think of the opposite. In every way. Just ask Pete.

So the only way she would be at the wedding is if WE pay for her flight (from California), pick her up at the airport, drive her around, find her a comfortable bed somewhere, entertain and feed her, take her shopping, etc., etc. And at the wedding she would want to be right in the middle of things, without lifting a hand to help. In any way. Because she just does not have it in her to anticipate anyone else's needs.

So those of you who have been involved in the wedding of one of your children, the LAST thing you want is someone needy around, right? You want to be surrounded by helpful, positive people. That's what I tell Bruce. So far he is not pushing to have her here, so it seems he understands. My fear is that she will get her hooks in him and play the guilt card.

I told him I'd be happy to fly out there with him sometime this summer to visit her, as an alternative to flying her here. At least I would get to do some fun California things. (Coreo, be grateful she's in Southern CA.)

I love having here to vent...

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM
NOPE... absolutely NOPE no way no how would I INVITE her let alone pay a PENNY to get her out there. I mean who pays for a GROWN UP relatives expenses? Unless your son REALLLLLLLLLY wants her there, (which would make it a quandary) I'd no way in HAIL invite her. It's NOT her day so she doesn't have the RIGHT to be there!

When my ex remarried both kids really liked her. But she did NOT want my ex to be too involved (as in not involved at all) in their lives. My DS bought a house... didn't borrow a penny, and was so proud. My ex repeatedly said "Yes" when my son invited Mr. and Mrs. ex to see his home. And repeatedly would cancel last minute. Often my ex would say "I'm in a trial." But he wasn't. Mrs ex just didn't want to come. So Ryan said, "It's just a weekend; if she doesn't want to fly out, why don't you come and we'll do "guy things." Noooo he had a trial/deposition/lecture etc etc. He finally found out from my daughter that no, he had no trial/depo/etc etc. After a YEAR of this, Ryan called the ex and "thanked her for doing her best to ruin his relationship w/ his dad." Well she went ballistic, made life miserable for my ex, so my ex called and yelled at Ryan.

Hence the bad feelings which I've worked on patching up and I am at the "i give up" phase, though I'd like him to fork over a few thousand to help me pay for the rehearsal. At this point neither Ryan nor I know if he's even coming, let alone paying. What a chump.

Weddings are tough to organize. They shouldn't have to be so full of drama.

so DO NOT INVITE THE sister/aunt. Let her have her own dang kids' weddings!

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Wow. All the turmoil over personal problems. Me, I can't even lose weight like I want to, much less deal with relatives. And about the diet, I think I'll just give up and get me one of those "I Beat Anorexia" tee shirts. :rolleyes:

Judak
January 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Larry - Buy two - I'll take one of those!! :D

BHT - you are fighting a losing battle - he is an ex for a reason! Same as mine only my daughter said no way was her Dad even going to be asked. She and I paid for the whole thing and my Bob was very good natured in paying for the small rehearsal dinner.

Aren't ex's wonderful - they rank right up the list with root canal and water retention!!! Just don't know which order....

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM
LARRY I'm still (on and off) working my diet. I've lost 10 lbs since right after Christmas but I've slowed a LOT lately w/ the rate of loss. I keep thinking... "diet food....elastic pants.....diet food.... elastic pants". At the moment "diet food" is winning, but I think I can see "elastic pants" bringing up the rear.
BRINGING UP THE REAR!! Get it? OMG I slay me.

Last winter this time we were fighting sheets of ice. My pool freeze protect was running non stop (and the spa had a 2 inch thick sheet of ice anyway). Today it's 72º.
I guess we have to go to Alaska if we went winter.

Judak
January 31st, 2012, 03:54 PM
BHT - "elastic" wins out every time here...:eek:

finding sublime
January 31st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hi everybody, good to see we made a new section. The FORCE is strong in the "Primate Posse".

prim8keeper
January 31st, 2012, 05:09 PM
Uh oh, its the "aunt" again. I've only heard stories from Pete and I have to admit I kind of what to meet her in person.

I agree though it almost seems that no matter what you do weddings are a giant pain. It seems like no matter what or how you do it someone takes issue. We have run into some problems even with just planning our small wedding which I'm hoping to keep under 22, however I'm drawing the line at 30.

I agree I've fallen on the eating healthy diet. On my way home from work I picked up some ice cream and krispy kreme donuts. Sigh...I blame it on stress from work and the wedding.

station93
January 31st, 2012, 05:10 PM
I did find it amusing that I had the first and last post on our ORIGINAL Posse board!! Sorry to see the old one go, but glad we have found a new home!!

I thought the last month before retirement was supposed to wind down a bit, but seems like that is not going to happen. I will just be glad when I can say "I'm retired"....:p

Last month til retirement, lucky you I still have 4 yrs 3 months and 5 days, but whose counting.

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 05:21 PM
For those of you who keep track of such things, here's the final post count for the Dec. 11 roll call. Total of 5,560 posts.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 5,560
User Name
bighairtexan (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=364995)
909 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=364995&searchthreadid=1280212)
prim8keeper (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=398245)
784 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=398245&searchthreadid=1280212)
Hollywood Traveler (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=676146)
779 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=676146&searchthreadid=1280212)
Coreopsis (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=285369)
695 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=285369&searchthreadid=1280212)
Topaz_M (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=343510)
412 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=343510&searchthreadid=1280212)
Judak (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=696051)
352 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=696051&searchthreadid=1280212)
CRUISERTN (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=216424)
312 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=216424&searchthreadid=1280212)
MartinsCruise (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=118896)
248 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=118896&searchthreadid=1280212)
royalcruz (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=292348)
202 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=292348&searchthreadid=1280212)
subtchr (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=135268)
176 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=135268&searchthreadid=1280212)
croosieloosie (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=195969)
93 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=195969&searchthreadid=1280212)
NSXCRUISER (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=156940)
48 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=156940&searchthreadid=1280212)
finding sublime (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=734209)
47 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=734209&searchthreadid=1280212)
arbee (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=770326)
43 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=770326&searchthreadid=1280212)
Blue Skies (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=104629)
35 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=104629&searchthreadid=1280212)
bbdqsony (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=694586)
35 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=694586&searchthreadid=1280212)
drd-aus (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=549070)
32 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=549070&searchthreadid=1280212)
sccat (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=661605)
27 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=661605&searchthreadid=1280212)
Vol fan (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=95775)
25 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=95775&searchthreadid=1280212)
Pamela W (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=152664)
25 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=152664&searchthreadid=1280212)
Dominoid (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=480561)
21 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=480561&searchthreadid=1280212)
ken85121 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=209250)
18 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=209250&searchthreadid=1280212)
huskerdan25 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=172761)
18 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=172761&searchthreadid=1280212)
tomisbest (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=729707)
16 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=729707&searchthreadid=1280212)
Sunshine State Girl (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=687603)
16 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=687603&searchthreadid=1280212)
stampinrobin (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=320026)
16 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=320026&searchthreadid=1280212)
shipgurl (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=253723)
13 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=253723&searchthreadid=1280212)
zoe1214 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=29778)
12 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=29778&searchthreadid=1280212)
Sauldini (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=200234)
12 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=200234&searchthreadid=1280212)
majonthebeach (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=477098)
12 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=477098&searchthreadid=1280212)
publicpersona (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=429907)
11 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=429907&searchthreadid=1280212)
bessinfl (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=549398)
10 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=549398&searchthreadid=1280212)
station93 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=632598)
10 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=632598&searchthreadid=1280212)
CINDON (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=10964)
10 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=10964&searchthreadid=1280212)
erina and daniel (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=755010)
10 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=755010&searchthreadid=1280212)
juliusd (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=642304)
7 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=642304&searchthreadid=1280212)
SwampThing (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=272370)
7 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=272370&searchthreadid=1280212)
drexeljan (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=643323)
5 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=643323&searchthreadid=1280212)
JayaShi (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=508669)
5 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=508669&searchthreadid=1280212)
vi1234 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=205651)
5 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=205651&searchthreadid=1280212)
beachbumbarb (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=761521)
5 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=761521&searchthreadid=1280212)
Yukon (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=52865)
4 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=52865&searchthreadid=1280212)
realkee (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=314811)
3 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=314811&searchthreadid=1280212)
hersheysmom78 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=772547)
3 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=772547&searchthreadid=1280212)
dmariamb (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=756700)
3 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=756700&searchthreadid=1280212)
COACHJAN (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=26899)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=26899&searchthreadid=1280212)
Help@ (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=721567)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=721567&searchthreadid=1280212)
lovinsea (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=14352)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=14352&searchthreadid=1280212)
twosit (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=85570)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=85570&searchthreadid=1280212)
jaxflygirl88 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=439693)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=439693&searchthreadid=1280212)
Cruising Queen 13 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=560632)
2 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=560632&searchthreadid=1280212)
boatboat (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=205727)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=205727&searchthreadid=1280212)
we're sailing away.... (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=391154)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=391154&searchthreadid=1280212)
Dennchen (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=642797)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=642797&searchthreadid=1280212)
mustafabalcony (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=289181)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=289181&searchthreadid=1280212)
cruisenscuba (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=765633)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=765633&searchthreadid=1280212)
AmazingJourneys (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=362279)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=362279&searchthreadid=1280212)
joyce&bob (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=360473)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=360473&searchthreadid=1280212)
PerryHill (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=618943)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=618943&searchthreadid=1280212)
detwings (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=272365)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=272365&searchthreadid=1280212)
Magellan321 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=353649)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=353649&searchthreadid=1280212)
latitudedallas (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=607113)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=607113&searchthreadid=1280212)
Bru92 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=79530)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=79530&searchthreadid=1280212)
boobuns (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=433151)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=433151&searchthreadid=1280212)
John73 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=578208)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=578208&searchthreadid=1280212)
MsMeowie (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=741582)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=741582&searchthreadid=1280212)
scottw3 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=734720)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=734720&searchthreadid=1280212)
Harpo (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=50913)
1 (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=50913&searchthreadid=1280212)

bighairtexan
January 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM
GREETINGSSSSS up there in St. Louis!!!

TOM my DD and I get along REALLY well and even she and I had a "blip" in our relationship over something wedding related. Mostly because I kept my mouth shut and stewed about it, not wanting to stress her out. Then I wound up secretly angry at her.

GLEN you could add a "retirement" ticker to your signature! LOL

LARRY I look at some of those names and wonder if they actually sailed or not. And YES I WON I WON.... I won the award for "the most time on one's hands"!!

prim8keeper
January 31st, 2012, 06:39 PM
GREETINGSSSSS up there in St. Louis!!!

TOM my DD and I get along REALLY well and even she and I had a "blip" in our relationship over something wedding related. Mostly because I kept my mouth shut and stewed about it, not wanting to stress her out. Then I wound up secretly angry at her.

GLEN you could add a "retirement" ticker to your signature! LOL

LARRY I look at some of those names and wonder if they actually sailed or not. And YES I WON I WON.... I won the award for "the most time on one's hands"!!

I would be lying if I hadn't had the thought of instead of looking at wedding places when we go to NYC next month, although I can't believe tomorrow is the start of Feb - thus making Thursday our 7 year anniversary! :eek:, just saying screw it, lets elope, and be done with it all!

Hollywood Traveler
January 31st, 2012, 08:21 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but this isn't going to feel like home until I hang a couple of my favorite pieces of art. I hope the rest of you would like to contribute some of your artwork, too.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/MapforRollCall2.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/PrimatePosseKaraoke.jpg

Topaz_M
January 31st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Larry - Great art work!

BHT - love your jokes. There is a BIG reason we have EXes. It took me 13 months to work out no.1 (the true person) and until I became pregnant with Brittany for no.2 I have been divorced for over ten years and STILL no.2 does the c&@ p stuff in my kids heads.
I do not want to think about what will happen when weddings are announced :eek: As it is I am not invited to 18th and 21st parties!

Glenn - just a small countdown :) Mine is actually -1 year, 2 months and 28 days, but the GFC put paid to that!!

Sue - loved the Capt Schettino bus .. and the cakes do-nut look healthly LOL

Update - all those illegal transactions on my Mastercard were refunded .. but they did cancel my card without telling me! Good job I didn't use it again. They managed to establish that a fake card HAD been created. Certainly looked like they had been having fun doing their Christmas shopping :rolleyes:

Oh yes ... it's FEBRUARY .. which means I am ~~ CRUISING THIS MONTH!!! ~~ :D

Coreopsis
January 31st, 2012, 11:53 PM
with the Secret Service today. For real!

I wore a conservative suit, pin on my lapel, sunglasses and thought about talking to my watch like Dick Tracy. They are helping us with a wish - which promises to be over the top!

For the record, they were super impressive. I'm in awe of their commitment to protecting the President, candidates and foreign heads of state. WOW.

I started with Breakfast recipes and posted on our other spot. I think I'll go to savory entrees ... then post side dishes and finally, our favorite: desserts. I forget to write many recipes down - the kids are always asking me to do so. Hopefully this will be an excuse to capture some!

I'm happy to see our roll call (can we still call it that?) as active as ever. Only skimmed and looking forward to post event and vegetating on Sunday and savoring every post.

Chelsea has selected her ring, stone etc. Should be ready next week. Photos to come.

Poopy family members should never be accommodated. They suck the energy away from the happiness of an event. Isn't it lovely in life when dear friends can be just as much family - if not more so, than those genetically linked to us?

Don't you all want to come to San Francisco for our fabulous wine and chef event on Saturday???? I would love the support ... I always get cold feet.

On the upside, some of my new Secret Service pals will be there. Ladies, these gents are lovely specimens - and would be quite a catch. Speaking of catch ... we'll have some SF Giants there too.

Are you sure you can't join me?

Topaz_M
February 1st, 2012, 12:04 AM
On the upside, some of my new Secret Service pals will be there. Ladies, these gents are lovely specimens - and would be quite a catch. Speaking of catch ... we'll have some SF Giants there too.

Are you sure you can't join me?

;) Jealous ;)

bighairtexan
February 1st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Too true about friends vs family. ALmost every family has at least ONE that you'd like to bury in the basement.... OK maybe it's just me.

MOIRA if you date a Secret Service agent they have to give you a "code name" so be thinking.

Judak
February 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
My home town is Washington, D.C. Growing up in DC I dated many a Secret Service man - one night I got a phone call from a DC Hospital telling me that he was injured in a scuffled - that is when I stopped dated Secret Service men. Also didnt like the fact that when they came over the house he needed to put his weapon on the shelf in the closet, made me uncomfortable.

So think hard and long about dating a "service man" (so to speak) It is scary!

bighairtexan
February 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
JUDY did you ever say to him "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just GLAD to see me?"

Judak
February 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
I already knew he was glad to see me ;) - but it was scary to see him after he was shot.... After that I knew I couldn't handle anything happening to people I cared for.... I had two children and was newly divorced. Had to think of them.

Coreopsis
February 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM
I had an INSANE day and I know Tom had a crappy day. And I fear there is a story behind that and we may not want details!

Otherwise ... I'm waiting to hear when you are all arriving for my winemaker dinner. I picture a P6 table front and center!

That's the end of my fantasizing for tonight.

bighairtexan
February 1st, 2012, 11:57 PM
Gee COREO I'm not 100% sure if I can make it. Living in DFW area, American Airlines is the only game in town and they're having "Issues". I hear they're laying so many people off, that if someone's really good at the jet pilot video games, they may be asked to fly the plane. I'm already planning to load my own luggage.

Topaz_M
February 2nd, 2012, 03:40 AM
MOIRA if you date a Secret Service agent they have to give you a "code name" so be thinking.

I'm working on it. It needs to be something to do with ice, hard and blue ..... ;)

Topaz_M
February 2nd, 2012, 03:41 AM
I had an INSANE day and I know Tom had a crappy day. And I fear there is a story behind that and we may not want details!

Otherwise ... I'm waiting to hear when you are all arriving for my winemaker dinner. I picture a P6 table front and center!

... is there a menu to study? :rolleyes:

prim8keeper
February 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM

Indeed it was! We had a major video coding computer crash for the second time. This was the same computer that crashed while I was out there visiting your lovely area. So its just stressful! Then on top of that my chimps were bad and I got stuck in traffic on the way home (rain + accidents), it took me 2 hours! So it was just one of those days. Although it seems like its been one of those weeks. Monday morning first thing Pete's car battery died.

Oh well, today seems better anyway. Today is Pete and mine's 6 year anniversary! We aren't really doing anything to celebrate since we are going to New York in a few weeks. I was thinking I just may pick up a cake or something from Whole Foods on the way home.

On the plus side my wedding plan is coming along. I finally have our schedule for New York locked down. So far we have a photographer and a baker for our cake. I also have our list narrowed down to where the wedding will be and we have a few options which is nice. It will either be all at a restaurant, all at a hotel, or at this Unitarian church I found and then a restaurant. I'm honestly not sure which I like better. I also got more wedding card samples and I think I know which one I'm going to go with, I think anyway, we shall see. Needless to say though I doubt it will be one of the originals I showed you guys.

Coreopsis
February 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Imagine what we could do if we tried? We get high post counts without really trying!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/01/facebook-post-enters-the-record-book-with-one-million-comments/

Coreopsis
February 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Of PP inspired cuteness!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1181557/The-odd-couple-How-orang-utan-stray-dog-best-friends--landed-slot-Oprah.html

Hollywood Traveler
February 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Imagine what we could do if we tried? We get high post counts without really trying!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/01/facebook-post-enters-the-record-book-with-one-million-comments/

Wow. One million. Gives us a goal. And it deserves a big round of applause:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/ApeClap.jpg

Larry

prim8keeper
February 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Of PP inspired cuteness!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1181557/The-odd-couple-How-orang-utan-stray-dog-best-friends--landed-slot-Oprah.html

Ugh, Patrica, NO, BAD GIRL! This is HORRIBLE! Just HORRIBLE! I don't have time to explain it all now (as I am at work) but everything about this picture, these animals, and the person/people behind it is WRONG. BAD MONKEY!

bighairtexan
February 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
TOM I thought you'd addressed that particular Orang and 'handler' and were not exactly complimentary. About 4,500 posts ago. LOL But who counts? Oh Larry.

COREO i read w/ interest the article about FB and my first thoughts were: "And I thought I had too much time on MY hands!" Each person had to average 9,500 posts?! OY!

prim8keeper
February 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
TOM I thought you'd addressed that particular Orang and 'handler' and were not exactly complimentary. About 4,500 posts ago. LOL But who counts? Oh Larry.

COREO i read w/ interest the article about FB and my first thoughts were: "And I thought I had too much time on MY hands!" Each person had to average 9,500 posts?! OY!

I DID! Good memory Sharon! *click* You get a cookie! See positive enforcement works every time. Too bad that dbag beats his animals. Apparently Coreo was absent at that time. For me I always ask people two questions about stuff like that: 1) Does that look like something that animal/animals would do on their own? 2) Have you ever seen that sort of thing in a GOOD zoo? If the answer to either is no you shouldn't support them.

bighairtexan
February 2nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
So Tom what you're saying is my Galapagos Tortoise, my Millers Grizzled Langur and my axolotl wouldn't normally be playing poker and eating cheese curls in the wild? I may have to think my monthly Texas Hold'em game. But I have a GREAT painting to put up on my wall. On velvet.

Hollywood Traveler
February 2nd, 2012, 05:51 PM
So Tom what you're saying is my Galapagos Tortoise, my Millers Grizzled Langur and my axolotl wouldn't normally be playing poker and eating cheese curls in the wild? I may have to think my monthly Texas Hold'em game. But I have a GREAT painting to put up on my wall. On velvet.

Sharon: Your monthly Texas HoldEm menagerie sounds pretty tame to me. Just don't invite this guy to play. He cleaned us all out. And left a mess in the litter box.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/poker_cat-296.jpg

Coreopsis
February 2nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/cityinsider/2012/01/31/demolition-of-sorts-paves-way-for-cruise-terminal-americas-cup/

The Posse could try a cruise out of SFO one day!

Coreopsis
February 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
I DID! Good memory Sharon! *click* You get a cookie! See positive enforcement works every time. Too bad that dbag beats his animals. Apparently Coreo was absent at that time. For me I always ask people two questions about stuff like that: 1) Does that look like something that animal/animals would do on their own? 2) Have you ever seen that sort of thing in a GOOD zoo? If the answer to either is no you shouldn't support them.

Ah yes, I do recall. Sorry, cute photos get me every time! It is Larry's fault.

Coreopsis
February 3rd, 2012, 01:01 AM
Food for thought

http://cupofzup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/pie-chart-mmm-pie.jpg

bighairtexan
February 3rd, 2012, 01:28 AM
I was about to go to bed but I thought someone said PIE!
Nite all.

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Ah yes, I do recall. Sorry, cute photos get me every time! It is Larry's fault.

Don't make us demote you to the pits...haha

Coreopsis
February 3rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
I was about to go to bed but I thought someone said PIE!
Nite all.

I think this might win the post of the week award. Started my day off with a big laugh :)

Vol fan
February 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Don't make us demote you to the pits...haha
Hey, the PITS aren't so bad:(:)
Carole

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hey, the PITS aren't so bad:(:)
Carole

They aren't bad, but obviously once you have become a full fledged member it is a demotion.

So this is weird, my boss just told me I'm taking over our monkey lab. Didn't see that one coming...:confused:

Coreopsis
February 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/15/deals/232788

bighairtexan
February 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
See, here's the thing about being a PIT. We were all PITs once upon a time. But in order to become a full fledged PP member, once on board we had to go through a rigorous, hideous and often highly illegal initiation rite (headed up by Larry of course).
We shudder at the thought of going through that again.

TOM did you or did Pete do the decorating at your house? If it's you, I can envision the most tasteful, yet high fashion monkey lab in the world. Start gathering your paint and fabric swatches. But may I say, as a redhead myself.... taupe makes orangutans look sallow.

Vol fan
February 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/volfan09/monkey.jpg

Thought you might like this one!!
Carole

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
TOM did you or did Pete do the decorating at your house? If it's you, I can envision the most tasteful, yet high fashion monkey lab in the world. Start gathering your paint and fabric swatches. But may I say, as a redhead myself.... taupe makes orangutans look sallow.

Lol, I did most of the decorating. Pete manages the budget and keeps from "doing too much."

These will be the kind of monkeys I'll be working with...

http://www.cnprc.ucdavis.edu/images/primatemed_rhesus.png

Judak
February 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Awwww - how sweet they look....;) I want one!

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Awwww - how sweet they look....;) I want one!

They are kind of evil. Looking them directly in the eye is considered a threat. They also have a virus that can kill you. That said if you really wanted one lots of people have them as pets. :/

bighairtexan
February 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
They are kind of evil. Looking them directly in the eye is considered a threat. They also have a virus that can kill you. :/

Sounds a lot like Bob's mom. :p

Hollywood Traveler
February 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/volfan09/monkey.jpg

Thought you might like this one!!
Carole

Carole: I know you're a sweet person and certainly didn't realize, but, you see, you've never met Coreopsis, so you don't know what she looks like. And posting a picture of her, and calling her a wine monkey, could be construed as sort of cruel. :D

Larry

PS: BHT, how's Fred doing? I'll be so glad when he's 100 per cent and I can go back to picking on you instead of Coreo. And Carole.

Hollywood Traveler
February 3rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
They are kind of evil. Looking them directly in the eye is considered a threat. They also have a virus that can kill you. That said if you really wanted one lots of people have them as pets. :/

A lot of people have Bob's mom for a pet? :eek:

Okay, Okay. I see you edited down Tom's post. But I must have been having a Sharon moment and didn't notice it until later.

Judak
February 3rd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Tom - I changed my mind - don't need any viruses!!! Zoo is a good place for them..... :eek:

Judak
February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
HAPPY YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW :p

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423205_292982607429891_228697947191691_834766_3984 82191_n.jpg

Judak
February 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/396377_293037014091117_228697947191691_834832_1212 560881_n.jpg

THIS IS HOW MY DAY WENT TODAY - HOPE TOMORROW IS BETTER! :eek:

Judak
February 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/423038_292492067478945_228697947191691_833666_1203 759135_n.jpg

That's about all I can fit into...... :D

CRUISERTN
February 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Tom - don't forget, you have all of us Posse monkeys, too!!:)
What kind of monkey is that in the photo? Looks like the Japanese snow monkeys.

bighairtexan
February 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
LOL JUDY!! Dang girl, I can't even fit into my high school EARRINGS!!! LOL

And I'm happy to report that for the moment, Fred seems to be doing pretty well. He's still on the anti-inflammatory med but I've taken him off the pain pills. Fingers crossed.

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM

haha, I'm glad I actually said that though because it helped me remember I need to pick up a new emergency card about the monkeys for if I have to go to the hospital. I thought I had one but I don't!

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Tom - I changed my mind - don't need any viruses!!! Zoo is a good place for them..... :eek:

haha, even most zoos wont keep them because of it. Just stupid people that think they make good pets...:eek:

prim8keeper
February 3rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Tom - don't forget, you have all of us Posse monkeys, too!!:)
What kind of monkey is that in the photo? Looks like the Japanese snow monkeys.

It is just a standard Rhesus Macaque. It looks similar though because the Japanese snow monkeys are just Japanese Snow Macaques. The only ones we have though are Rhesus Macaques, we used to have Pigtail Macaques too but I think they are all gone now.

Vol fan
February 3rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Carole:

Larry

PS: BHT, how's Fred doing? I'll be so glad when he's 100 per cent and I can go back to picking on you instead of Coreo. And Carole.

Did you notice the brand name of the Wine Monkey is Fred?
Carole

Hollywood Traveler
February 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Did you notice the brand name of the Wine Monkey is Fred?
Carole

Carole: It really is a small world. You know BHT's sick dog is named Fred. But I bet you didn't know her first husband was a wine monkey. :eek: And Coreo . . . . well, nevermind.

bighairtexan
February 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Wine monkey... whiney monkey... annoying lawyer.... I get all 3 of those mixed up.

Coreopsis
February 4th, 2012, 12:45 AM
It looks as though I've got to do this thing without any of my Posse in attendance :( I'm despondent.

If I could figure a way for you all to call in, I would arrange it - for sure!

Wish me luck ... don't even want to mention how much I need to raise tomorrow. On the upside ... 2 secret service agents will be in attendance and one amazing SF Giants pitcher + hundreds of other totally cool people ... but its not the same without my posse.

Because I'm truly insane, I scheduled a pilates class early tomorrow morning. And the bruises on my arm (from setting up tables/chairs) make me look like a heroin addict. What do you think ... makeup, bandaid or hope noone notices?

Good news, I'm wearing a purple dress, so the bruise should blend.

bighairtexan
February 4th, 2012, 12:54 AM
I think go w/ the bruises. You'll garner sympathy and everyone will look at your husband and give him the "stink eye." Not that he's probably at your pilates class!

You are (I am 100% positive) have a wildly successful event and we'll all be there in spirit toasting you w/ your MOLE bar drinks.

Hollywood Traveler
February 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM
HAPPY

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/saturday1.gif

And good luck today, Patricia. I'm sure you'll break all sorts of records. After all, you're you. ;)

Larry

Judak
February 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Good Luck Pat! Happy Whatever :) As they say in the theater - Break a Leg! ;)

Judak
February 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
These are great--3 super commercials (30 secs. each)
OMG! These are soooooo good. Click on each of the links in turn right here

mailbox:///C:/Users/Judy/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/uo8wubk8.default/Mail/Local%20Folders/Inbox?number=123133&header=quotebody&part=1.2

http://www.youtube.com/v/gBnvGS4u3F0?hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1 <http://www.youtube.com/v/gBnvGS4u3F0?hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=1> (http://www.youtube.com/v/gBnvGS4u3F0?hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1%3e)

http://www.youtube.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A?hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1 <http://www.youtube.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A?hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=1> (http://www.youtube.com/v/mgCIKGIYJ1A?hl=en&%3bfs=1&%3bautoplay=1%3e)

http://www.youtube.com/v/LuVPnW0s3Vo?hl=en&fs=1&autoplay=1 <http://www.youtube.com/v/LuVPnW0s3Vo?hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;autoplay=1> (http://www.youtube.com/v/LuVPnW0s3Vo?hl=en&%3bfs=1&%3bautoplay=1%3e)

prim8keeper
February 5th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Coreo are you going to share you bird story from FB with the group here because it was hilarious!?

Coreopsis
February 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Here I am ... still in one piece. GREAT event Saturday - lots of wishes fulfilled!

Here's my story ... picture the venue. Downtown San Francisco

Here's the view https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0s1Pn6GTOIE/Ty_zA1IR5oI/AAAAAAAAJvk/x3nh3YPLLwQ/s800/418655_10150748781563066_784468065_12321225_205075 6785_n%2520%25281%2529.jpg

http://www.westfield.com/metreon/images/content/580x280_CityViewEd1111.jpg

and on Friday late afternoon, as we finished setting the tables:

Sometimes, a bird gets in your event space. And sometimes the building management says to leave it alone and it will find its way outside. Except it didn't ... and sometimes a crazy black bird falls to its death on a $10,000 table. In a wine glass. I kid you not. All linen and materials were changed ... and it will be sanitized before tomorrow. Bye bye blackbird.

Judak
February 6th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Looks like a wonderful party and you look gorgeous as always ;)

bighairtexan
February 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
OMG COREO the primate posse took up a collection and bought a bird and sent it to your event for good luck!
*sniff sniff* RIP Larry Junior the Bird!

Glad everything else went off well (as we all knew it would).

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 02:25 PM
OMG COREO the primate posse took up a collection and bought a bird and sent it to your event for good luck!
*sniff sniff* RIP Larry Junior the Bird!

Glad everything else went off well (as we all knew it would).

Okay, I googled "dead blackbird image" and came up with lots of them. But somehow I just couldn't post one. I guess some things are best left to the imagination. :rolleyes:

Pack up all my cares and woes,
feeling low, here I go,
Bye Bye blackbird.

bighairtexan
February 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM
LARRY are we dating ourselves ... because I was going to post that same verse of song.
Just for the record I was NOT alive in 1926 when that song first came out.
Off to google dead blackbird image.

OK I googled it and it reminded me of when I found 2 dead blackbirds in my pool skimmer. It was the middle of a streak of 100º plus days, and they'd been there probably since right after the pool guy came.. so maybe 5 days. It was grim. I was in the pool at the time and ROCKETED (yes I did) right out screaming "I've been swimming in grackle water!" As I recall I wanted to drain the pool but the pool guy convinced me shocking it and lots of chlorine would do it for me. But I didn't swim the rest of the summer.

ewwwwww grackle water.

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
BHT: I remember your grackle water. I think we decided it was better than hippo water. ;)

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Giving up on the diet. Here's my new goal:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/i-beat-anorexia-talking-t-shirts-fashion.jpg

bighairtexan
February 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
And I'm sure Jan will love you every bit as much as she does now. Why... standing together you could look like the number 1O.

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM
And I'm sure Jan will love you every bit as much as she does now. Why... standing together you could look like the number 1O.

LOL!

Glad you said the "number" 10. At first I thought you meant she would look like Io, which, of course, meant I would be Zeus. Somehow I didn't think you were going there.

Coreopsis
February 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 07:32 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wow! I beat Coreo by one whole minute. :p

And in addition to giving up on the diet, I'm giving up on fruit after being attacked today by an apple. I offer proof:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/AppleAttack-1.jpg

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
February 6th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Aacckk! Grackle Water!

No reason. It's just a fun thing to say.

prim8keeper
February 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I love bird stories, especially when you guys tell them...

bighairtexan
February 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Hey I remember that fruit. Episode 4 of When Apples attack!

Coreopsis
February 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cNeEiaUoc

Hollywood Traveler
February 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cNeEiaUoc

A dog, now, would just turn around three times and go to sleep. Or maybe eat the apples.

prim8keeper
February 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ok, so we need some help again. We ditched our other invitation ideas because we found nicer ones we liked once we had the samples. I included the menu and program we picked as well so you have a full picture. I'm also giving up and going with a magnet save the date because they seem the most practical and cost effective.

Option 1:

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/30642/2365669060089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2365669060089390032mgAkku)

Option 2:

http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/40528/2895967440089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2895967440089390032foDJyU)

Program:

http://inlinethumb62.webshots.com/48189/2284283790089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2284283790089390032tKwsRZ)

Menu:

http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/48661/2051022930089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2051022930089390032oYXnhN)

Save the Dates (I just have to decide if I want to leave it or continue to change it, not sure how I feel about that blue):

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/48112/2896503820089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2896503820089390032JlDyXz)

And I started on our wedding website (http://www.mywedding.com/peterandthomas/)!

bighairtexan
February 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Well all I can say is I LOVE THE MENU CARD!
If you squint real hard, the "lights" in the building "windows" spell out
TRUE LOVE! That is so cool!

Judak
February 7th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Tom - I love the Save The Date invitation - the menu card is snazzy - now what is happening with the invitation? So far just love what you are doing. ;)

prim8keeper
February 7th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Tom - I love the Save The Date invitation - the menu card is snazzy - now what is happening with the invitation? So far just love what you are doing. ;)

We just can't decide. The first round of samples I got I decided I didn't like at all. So now I've moved on to these (I have the samples and I like them). We are most likely going to go with the Upper West Side wedding. Thus we are going for a chic black/white with pop of colors theme. Granted it could all change once we get to NY. Sigh, planning is hard...hah

Coreopsis
February 7th, 2012, 10:16 PM
a lot more than the originals.

Because it is a STD (yes, I know those initials have other meanings) I really like the NY theme. Your invitation doesn't need to match the STD and because it is a destination wedding ... well, there you have it. Loving the art deco design ... maybe a color more bold with art deco? Red?

I would include your wedding site in the STD so folks can start making plans.

And it really isn't the same to send a STD for Joelle and Max - I mean, when did they become members of the Posse, anyway? And Adelaide and Landon were just plain snobby to me.

I do love that menu!

prim8keeper
February 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
a lot more than the originals.

Because it is a STD (yes, I know those initials have other meanings) I really like the NY theme. Your invitation doesn't need to match the STD and because it is a destination wedding ... well, there you have it. Loving the art deco design ... maybe a color more bold with art deco? Red?

I would include your wedding site in the STD so folks can start making plans.

And it really isn't the same to send a STD for Joelle and Max - I mean, when did they become members of the Posse, anyway? And Adelaide and Landon were just plain snobby to me.

I do love that menu!

Haha, I'm getting too lazy to personalize anything anymore. The original color on the STD was champagne. I'm going to continue to play with it. I ordered some free samples so I figured I could decide what color we should use better in person. I like it all to match, but Pete said the exact same thing as you. My desk is now full of discarded STD's (lol), invitations, menus, and programs. I'm going to have our website written on the cards that the magnets are attached to. Although I do like the idea of having it on the magnet, but I think it may be too long. Luckily though since we are on the small side we can just email our site to everyone. Sigh so many decisions! Two weeks till NYC!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prim8keeper
February 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Ok, building on coreo's wonderful art deco idea I now have a new question. Do I change all the font to be art deco or leave the two fonts or do two fonts both art deco in styling? Ignore the colors for the moment, we can work on that next....haha

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/46960/2396522860089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2396522860089390032CQrZYP)

OR

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/46846/2291703700089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2291703700089390032QEUXuI)

OR

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/48609/2694363970089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2694363970089390032KQcnAa)

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Ok, building on coreo's wonderful art deco idea I now have a new question. Do I change all the font to be art deco or leave the two fonts or do two fonts both art deco in styling? Ignore the colors for the moment, we can work on that next....haha

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/46960/2396522860089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2396522860089390032CQrZYP)

OR

http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/46846/2291703700089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2291703700089390032QEUXuI)

OR

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/48609/2694363970089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2694363970089390032KQcnAa)

They are all nice ... I guess I was drawn to the 2nd one. I like the scripty font with the art deco date, etc.

Hollywood Traveler
February 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
They are all nice ... I guess I was drawn to the 2nd one. I like the scripty font with the art deco date, etc.

To my absolute amazement, I agree with Coreo. :D

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
To my absolute amazement, I agree with Coreo. :D

I just printed this out and having it framed.

prim8keeper
February 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I just printed this out and having it framed.

Awwww look, our wedding is bringing people together already...haha

Now, lets pick a color! I think I'm partial to the first blue or red. The magnet will then be placed in a holder that is the same color and that will have our website on it.

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/50240/2509625300089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2509625300089390032cuLFgf)

http://inlinethumb58.webshots.com/44857/2185544550089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2185544550089390032tUHBdY)

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/49518/2532573250089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2532573250089390032HRRYdU)

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/46925/2404195330089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2404195330089390032OpEsKN)

http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/10185/2497884760089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2497884760089390032VZpDYL)

I think that last one came out a little too girly. I was trying to find a purple color for Pete but I don't think that works and I could only find so many color codes for art deco colors.

bighairtexan
February 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I voted in my mind for #3 as it looked more modern and masculine w/o being macho.

prim8keeper
February 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I voted in my mind for #3 as it looked more modern and masculine w/o being macho.

Ha, I'm not really worried about it being masculine. This is what we came up with when Pete helped and I believe our final product.

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/48973/2580427700089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2580427700089390032NYtKPk)

bighairtexan
February 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Love it!

prim8keeper
February 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Love it!

Thanks! Some times it takes a village, or your cc board to get things just right...haha :)

Also, hooray! My next post will be 1,000!

prim8keeper
February 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
So I wanted my 1,000th post to be a good one and I think this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSm7BcQHWXk) does it!

See if you can figure out who is who...haha

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Clearly, those drinks were from the Mole bar :)

The STD looks great!

bighairtexan
February 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I liked the monkey who grabbed the other monkey's head right out of the cup. All I can say is "Someone get those monkeys a premium package!!"

Topaz_M
February 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Way to go TOM ... great STD invitation and video.

I'm glad I wasn't the one choosing the fonts/colours etc!!

BHT - I think the 'monkeys' at the Mole Bar were a tad more picky in their drink choices :p

GUESS WHO'S GOING ON A CRUISE THIS WEEKEND!!
\|/
\|/
\|/
\|/

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
in the Posse right now.

Not in reaching 1,000 posts - actually, that snuck up on me and I didn't realize how far we had come.

Nope, I'm disappointed in our own Larry. I was certain he would delight us and photoshop little SS into Tom's STD. But alas, he has chosen to ignore us and probably charming some other roll call as you read this.

He is such a cheater.

Topaz_M
February 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I agree Patricia .. he has been very quiet of late. Up to no good I'll be bound!

Oh and Leslie ... you'll be glad to know I'm taking the Primate Posse magnet and putting it on our cabin door (the door sign we have been provided with on the roll call doesn't meet the same standard ;) but I'll use it too).

Topaz_M
February 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't remember Larry making up a DANCE for OUR cruise !!!!! :eek: :p

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Isn't someone doing a cake for Tom for his 1,000th post? OK, I will then!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7554/1208748-1000_posts_super.jpg

bighairtexan
February 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Tom called me and said he wasn't going to post any more because he wants to be immortalized at 1,000 posts. He sends his regards and thx for the cake and the well wishes.

MOIRA I too was wondering where our resident clip artist has gotten to. He's vewwy quiet.

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Tom called me and said he wasn't going to post any more because he wants to be immortalized at 1,000 posts. He sends his regards and thx for the cake and the well wishes.

You know what that means? We get to eat it all to ourselves!!

bighairtexan
February 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
**Sitting here waiting for Tom's 1001st post**

Please tell me that cake is chocolate?!?!

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM
**Sitting here waiting for Tom's 1001st post**

Please tell me that cake is chocolate?!?!

I'm thinking chocolate with toffee. That would be magic.

Coreopsis
February 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm thinking of this cake - I know this chef and it is AWESOME. Warm chocolate sauce, homemade vanilla ice cream. MAGIC

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/toffee-almond-crunch-cake

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I hate it when you make me lick my monitor screen.

Coreopsis
February 9th, 2012, 12:32 AM
It needed cleaning anyway ... a better photo of said dessert.

http://s3-media2.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/AI3ipvdn66qEWutqPhUMcw/l.jpg

Judak
February 9th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Looks like the Posse Has been busy = I was a bit overwhelmed with all my house guests and no one here even missed me - I am so sad :(

I am glad to see everyone is having a good time and Tom I vote for number 3 also but I could not find the video....

Moria enjoy your cruise :cool:

prim8keeper
February 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Cake?! I didn't know there would be cake! Oh how I love cake. One of the places we are looking at for our wedding has a creme brulee icing option. I'm no the biggest fan of icing but I'm pretty sure I would just eat that out of a bucket.

Speaking of cake I'm thinking of making Pete this Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake (http://jennifercooks.com/2012/01/kit-kat-ice-cream-cake/) for his birthday in April. He loves Kit Kat's and I love cake/ice cream so it seemed like a win win!

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 01:07 PM
OY TOM!! I just got "the sugah diabetes" just looking at your cake.
JUDYKINS I figured you went off on one of your many upcoming and exciting cruises and didn't say good bye (sniff sniff). Tell me, does Bob like cruising or does he just "go along for the ride" sort of thing?
Are your house guests gone?
Last week it was in the 70's all week and this week seems to be in the low 40's all week. I guess winter (40's is cold for Texas) is here. I'm OK w/ that as i am not looking forward to another 71 days of continued over 100 temps. It's just like I feel as if I'm living in the northwest. So gloomy here. I think along w/ THE sugah diabetes I'm also getting the Seasonal Affective Disorder. And I have this overwhelming urge to hibernate.

prim8keeper
February 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
OY TOM!! I just got "the sugah diabetes" just looking at your cake.
JUDYKINS I figured you went off on one of your many upcoming and exciting cruises and didn't say good bye (sniff sniff). Tell me, does Bob like cruising or does he just "go along for the ride" sort of thing?
Are your house guests gone?
Last week it was in the 70's all week and this week seems to be in the low 40's all week. I guess winter (40's is cold for Texas) is here. I'm OK w/ that as i am not looking forward to another 71 days of continued over 100 temps. It's just like I feel as if I'm living in the northwest. So gloomy here. I think along w/ THE sugah diabetes I'm also getting the Seasonal Affective Disorder. And I have this overwhelming urge to hibernate.

haha, I agree. If it makes you feel better I'm going to leave out the m&m's and I'll be making the cake from scratch rather than out of a box. :)

Vol fan
February 9th, 2012, 02:09 PM
luv, luv, luv the monkey video!! Where do u find the great things to post????

And the "sugah diabeteeeesss!" Ah do declaah, ah bleeve ah may have fainted at the sight of that cake!

Larry is not doing much posting on our March cruise. I think he must be tending his herb garden or something. Maybe just going over to the port to watch the ships sail in and out.
There is a new web cam at the port in addition to the one we already know about. http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

luv, luv, luv the save the dates, too. I'm partial to the teal color, but that's just a PIT chiming in, so pay no attention.
Carole

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
ALthough you are a lowly PIT (LOL) I have to agree, I too love the teal/turquoise/aqua/cyan/whatever color. ANd I KNOW Tom's house has that color in it. And it and black are my 2 favorite colors. SO if Bob and I ever get married, and if we were to be married in NYC I'm going to steal Tom's ideas, except in teal/cyan. Oh and I may change the names too.

BTW Vol, because on the last roll call there were 2 Sharons, I decided to be called Senior. And I kept having these blonde moments that started out being called Sharon Moments and then evolved to give new meaning to Senior moments. And I think I'm having a senior/sharon moment. Did you yet bite the bullet and book this cruise? And if not WHY NOT?! And WHEN? (tapping my foot)

prim8keeper
February 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM
ALthough you are a lowly PIT (LOL) I have to agree, I too love the teal/turquoise/aqua/cyan/whatever color. ANd I KNOW Tom's house has that color in it. And it and black are my 2 favorite colors. SO if Bob and I ever get married, and if we were to be married in NYC I'm going to steal Tom's ideas, except in teal/cyan. Oh and I may change the names too.

BTW Vol, because on the last roll call there were 2 Sharons, I decided to be called Senior. And I kept having these blonde moments that started out being called Sharon Moments and then evolved to give new meaning to Senior moments. And I think I'm having a senior/sharon moment. Did you yet bite the bullet and book this cruise? And if not WHY NOT?! And WHEN? (tapping my foot)

haha, hey I will do the whole event for a small fee and/ or a drink package*!

edit: premium alcoholic drink package*

subtchr
February 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Ha, I'm not really worried about it being masculine. This is what we came up with when Pete helped and I believe our final product.

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/48973/2580427700089390032S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2580427700089390032NYtKPk)

I love it, too! Sorry I haven't chimed in before now...I'll be fully invested after March 24! Of course, I'm kind of invested, now...right, Tom?

I'm a huge art deco fan. Love the Empire State Building, and there are some cool art deco architecture examples in Cincinnati, too. I'll see if I can dig up some pics of the Museum Center there, which is the old train station.

prim8keeper
February 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4744

Have you guys seen this? While I think its a good idea obviously after what happened, I wonder what kind of impact this would have on a sailing like ours that is servery delayed on all levels and the crew is already overwhelmed? I guess just one more thing for people to complain about!

Judak
February 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Tom - Great looking cake, if you like chocolate...

BHT - I leave on the 22nd of February for our Hawaii cruise. Bob loves cruising - it's me that goes along for the ride. I am all cruised out at this point. I'm so tired that I can't even think about cruising - I still have company - They leave on the 13th. The next group of company comes in on the 15th of February - they leave on the 19th.

Still have the extra dog but he finally got groomed - they had to shave him because he was so matted. He has to leave here by the 21st because we leave and I am not paying for his boarding - Philip (the dog's owner) will have to.

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Tom you're right. It would give ppl more to bi-otch about, especially in circumstances like ours. But having the muster drill before the disaster MAY have made things a bit more organized, thought I doubt it. IT seems as if the passengers were getting crazy mixed messages from the crew "Go that way." "No go THAT way". And the crew does regular drills where they even deploy the lifeboats. All that training may have helped but it still seems as if misinformation and panic reigned supreme.
I don't like muster. I mean who does? You're on the ship and exploring and having a drink and you have to stop and muster? But I'm going to go and pay better attention.

JUDY!! What are you running there? KING'S bed and breakfast? No wonder you're tired. Enjoy that cruise and spend extra time in bed, reading, on a lounge chair... all those things that just help one unwind.
I've put your cruise on my calendar so I don't have to ask you again. LOL

Vol fan
February 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
ALthough you are a lowly PIT (LOL)

BHT,
I am on the Solstice March 4 and the Century November 4 for a 15 day Hawaii. I think that will be it for 2012 for us. My husband still works :( so we can't cruise as much as I would like to. I've never gone solo and I don't know what he would think about that. I've been with my sister once before and we had a great time. My husband wasn't too happy about being left at home, though.
Carole

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I have cruised maybe 4 times solo as my ex couldn't get off of work when i wanted to go. I had a blast. The only bummer was having to pay essentially double occupancy for 1 person (minus the taxes and gov't fees).

Hollywood Traveler
February 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Nope, I'm disappointed in our own Larry. I was certain he would delight us and photoshop little SS into Tom's STD. But alas, he has chosen to ignore us and probably charming some other roll call as you read this.

He is such a cheater.

I agree Patricia .. he has been very quiet of late. Up to no good I'll be bound!

I can't believe you would accuse me of this. I've never even looked at another roll call, much less "posted" in one. You're the only roll call for me. Look, I know I haven't been real attentive lately. Work has been a killer, and it's true that I might be going through some kind of a mid-life reassessment. Sort of an existential crisis. But I'll get through it, and it has nothing to do with our relationship. I'm sorry I've been working so hard, trying to take care of my family. But instead of getting support, all I get is criticism and, now, wild accusations. I don't care what your friends might have seen. It wasn't me. Maybe there's somebody who writes a lot like me posting on some other roll call. But I absolutely, categorically, in front of God, declare that I'm innocent. I would never do that. And I'm hurt, almost to the point of calling it quits, that you would think this of me. I'm just going to need to time alone to sort this whole thing out.

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
February 9th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Okay, Okay. I admit it. But it wasn't love. It was just a roll call fling. I mean, it was a younger roll call, and I'm dealing with all these issues. I think I'm going through some sort of existential crisis where I . . . what? Okay, I might have already said that, but only because it's true.

Look, I've been stupid. Worse than stupid. I've jeopardized the only thing that means anything to me in life -- this roll call. But I'm not so stupid I won't try to make it up to you. I'll do anything. Anything at all to prove what you mean to me. Just please, please give me a second chance. We can't just throw away everything we have. Look at all we've gone through together. Dancing hippos. Happy Monday after Happy Monday. Moira's funny way of talking. I mean, sure, things could have been better at times, but it's been wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Please forgive a foolish old man and let's try to get back on track. If you want to see a roll call counselor, I'll be glad to go. I just want this to work. I am so, so, so sorry.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/flowers-candy.jpg

Forever yours,

Larry

bighairtexan
February 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Larry! All I can say is DO NOT TRY THAT W/ JAN. It just ain't gonna fly!

Coreopsis
February 10th, 2012, 02:22 AM
feeling it.

I feel so violated ... being cheated on by those cheap trampy other roll calls!!! They think their clip art is fine ... they don't even mock it! WTH?

And they don't ever post recipes. Or cake.

I think I need a time away. Time to regroup. Time with my girlfriends to forget about the cheater.

Cruise, anyone????

Topaz_M
February 10th, 2012, 08:17 AM
You'd almost think it was close to Valentine's Day with flowers AND chocolates!!

Luckily I AM going on a cruise ... two sleeps to go :p :D Sydney here we come !!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WOid0KmPVOE/TaKUWHoGCnI/AAAAAAAACI0/n-lwWcBTfxM/s640/cocktails.jpg

Brittany has been quite sick this week so it was a miracle we got to packing stage tonight.

By the way ... don't forget ... Once a cheater, Always a cheater! :eek:

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hello, everyone. Hope you're having a wonderful day. I just stopped by to see if you needed anything . . . if there was anything I could do for you. I missed you, and I realize how much I need you. I know being needy is not very attractive, but I'm feeling it just a bit right now. So I just had to let you know.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/SSValentine.jpg

Larry

Coreopsis
February 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hello, everyone. Hope you're having a wonderful day. I just stopped by to see if you needed anything . . . if there was anything I could do for you. I missed you, and I realize how much I need you. I know being needy is not very attractive, but I'm feeling it just a bit right now. So I just had to let you know.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/SSValentine.jpg

Larry

Nice tie. The chocolates look like Whitmans from the drugstore. I bet the other roll calls would be tempted by them. Not this refined group!

Moira - have a great time!

Princess was on NBC this morning - noro issues and itinerary cut short, at least I think that's what they reported. WOWie. We had a school close because of issues. Miserable flu season this year ... stay well everyone.

Judak
February 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I am trying to recover from my company - which leaves on Monday - Chololate Espresso wine is helping alot along with espresso Vodka - YUM!!! Is it 5 O'clock yet? :D

Moria Enjoy your cruise - ALOT!!!!;)

Larry - flowers and chocolate? Come on - a way to a woman's heat is DIAMONDS!!!! ;)

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I am trying to recover from my company - which leaves on Monday - Chololate Espresso wine is helping alot along with espresso Vodka - YUM!!! Is it 5 O'clock yet? :D

Moria Enjoy your cruise - ALOT!!!!;)

Larry - flowers and chocolate? Come on - a way to a woman's heat is DIAMONDS!!!! ;)

Judy: I'm trying to AVOID women with hot flashes. :D

Judak
February 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
OOOPS! I meant HEART, Larry... :o

bighairtexan
February 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
**YELLING REALLY LOUD SO THEY CAN HEAR IN OZ** FEEL BETTER BRIT!! Oh and enjoy your cruise.

LARRY, while PAT is holding out for at least Godiva, I'll take the Whitman's and pick out all the ting-a-lings (coconut and chocolate.. my faves).

The Crown Princess had their cruise cut short by 2 days because of Noro. They are putting them up for 2 days at an Orlando hotel, giving them $60/day for food OR paying for the cost to fly them home early. Refunding 100% of the cruise fare PLUS giving them 25% off of a future cruise. They really did the right thing! I'd have been thrilled to be on that cruise (not to get noro). And it was only cruise #2 in a row w/ noro. Not cruise 5 like we had.

LOL.... they way to MY HEAT is to take away my premarin, JUDY!

Judak
February 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
BHT - you are so funny!!! :D

subtchr
February 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Judy: I'm trying to AVOID women with hot flashes. :D

Well, if that's true, Larry, you'd have to avoid most of us! But you already know that. Or you were continuing your flattery by insinuating we are all MUCH to young to be plagued by hot flashes...

We are FINALLY getting a bit of snow tonight. But it's a wussy couple of inches. I'm one of those weird people who actually likes snow. In moderation, of course, but it's pretty, ya know?

To welcome Larry back to the fold, I'll hang a few old pictures to make it seem like home. Who remembers these?

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/CFCpage.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/DSC_0008-7.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/DSC_0007-4.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/DSC_0021-3.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/DSC_0005.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/sdancing.gifhttp://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/arg-u-5O-tr.gifhttp://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/Edancing.gif

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the memories.

Larry

bighairtexan
February 10th, 2012, 09:26 PM
We MISSED ya SUE!! I mean once you're "Primated" there is no going back so you can't just IGNORE us! I guess we can take your picture off the milk cartons now.

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 09:31 PM
No reason to be reposting this. I just like the guy. Sorta the same way I like saying AACKKK! GRACKLE WATER! :eek:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/ApeClap.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
We MISSED ya SUE!! I mean once you're "Primated" there is no going back so you can't just IGNORE us! I guess we can take your picture off the milk cartons now.

Okay. I'm confused. (But not as badly as Coreo.) Which Sue was it we put on the milk carton? And what happened to the other Sharon? And why do sea gulls steal hot dogs and corn dogs? Do they just have a thing about dogs and they can't fly off with a real one?

But back on the milk carton topic. This is like going back in a time warp where we can just say Sharon or Sue without a Sr. or a G. or anything.

Confusing, and I'm already suffering from an existential crisis. Or did I say that already? And why bother, really. I mean, what's the point? Why are we here? Do our lives have meaning? Does a corn dog have meaning? Does it have a place in the cosmic blueprint that governs all our lives?

Maybe it's time for another roll call. :rolleyes:

Larry

bighairtexan
February 10th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Lawrence,
You forgot to ask:
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

And what is the meaning of life and everything in the universe? (I've memorized this one in case I am ever on Jeopardy and it comes up.

I haven't seen Sue G in so long I put her face on a milk carton. And if you put milk on your cheerios instead of cheap chardonnay you'd have SEEN her picture.

Coreopsis
February 10th, 2012, 10:13 PM
"the" ring. It is a black diamond ... surrounded by little white diamonds. Mined with a social conscious, of course.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ts02NBa_kUA/TzXcUhY-cXI/AAAAAAAAJv4/35vlYF8GAOg/s800/chelsea%2520ring.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Lawrence,
You forgot to ask:
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African swallow or a European swallow?

Hollywood Traveler
February 10th, 2012, 11:34 PM
"the" ring. It is a black diamond ... surrounded by little white diamonds. Mined with a social conscious, of course.

Nice ring!

Judak
February 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Beautiful ring ;)

prim8keeper
February 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ts02NBa_kUA/TzXcUhY-cXI/AAAAAAAAJv4/35vlYF8GAOg/s800/chelsea%2520ring.jpg

Pete thinks it looks like horcrux from Harry Potter. Are you sure there's not part of an evil wizards soul in there?

subtchr
February 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM

This post has a nice ring to it...

Coreopsis
February 11th, 2012, 10:20 AM
This post has a nice ring to it...

Sue wins with the best post!:)

bighairtexan
February 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Sue wins with the best post!:)

He who shall not be named likes Tom's post the best!!:eek:
And no I don't mean LARRY!!:p

Hollywood Traveler
February 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM
He who shall not be named likes Tom's post the best!!:eek:
And no I don't mean LARRY!!:p

You mean Voldem . . . Vold . . .? No, I just can't say it. Or maybe you meant Vol fan (starts the same) and were just being polite with the "he" part. :D

Okay, Carole. You can let me have it now. ;)

Just don't send 'you know who" to deal with me. :eek:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/HollywoodTraveler/Fun%20Stuff/Nun-1.jpg

Please don't.

Larry

Hollywood Traveler
February 11th, 2012, 06:19 PM

AACKKK! GRACKLE WATER!

Boy, this is fun. :)

Now I think I'll call a drug store and ask if they have Prince Albert in a can. Or maybe ask for Seymour Butts. Or maybe call the airport and have them page Mr. Ben Dover. Little things amuse . . . .

bighairtexan
February 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
A friend of Bob's actually did call work and have Stu Pedasso paged.

Hollywood Traveler
February 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I just watched the Solstice sail out on the webcam, and somebody on their balcony had what looked like a five-foot tall monkey puppet waving to the camera.

Should we sue?

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 04:47 PM
WHAT??!! WHAT??!! That is so WRONG
(wondering where I can get a 5 ft tall monkey puppet that doesn't take up a lot of room in my suitcase(s))

Hollywood Traveler
February 12th, 2012, 05:14 PM
WHAT??!! WHAT??!! That is so WRONG
(wondering where I can get a 5 ft tall monkey puppet that doesn't take up a lot of room in my suitcase(s))

And the worst part was, as best as I was able to lip read, the monkey puppet seemed to be saying something like "aackkk! grackle water." I think we ought to sue 'em 'til they bleed. Let me know when you've lined up a lawyer (not your ex) who will take the case on contingency. :rolleyes:

Larry

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
ummmmm.... hellooooo!! I have a copyright on Grackle Water©
Now I'm steamed. I'm going to call Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer. He's very convincing on his television advertisements! Or maybe Brian Loncar.... The Strongarm!

Hollywood Traveler
February 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM
ummmmm.... hellooooo!! I have a copyright on Grackle Water©
Now I'm steamed. I'm going to call Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer. He's very convincing on his television advertisements! Or maybe Brian Loncar.... The Strongarm!

It's a shame Percy Foreman and Racehorse Haines are dead. Of course, they might have been before your time in Texas. But Bob would know.

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Is that because I'm so much younger than BOB? Bless your heart...

Coreopsis
February 12th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Very busy watching Secrets of the Secret Service.

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Oh lordy PAT I was watching that too. I thought it was awesome on the Reagan assassination attempt how the SS agents made themselves BIG instead of going against human nature and crouching down. And I'm really glad we've given all the bad guys the secrets of the SS!! LOL

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
OK so I just finished listening to Rihanna on the Grammy's singing the PARTICULARLY annoying song "We Fell in Love in a Hopeless Place." I said to Bob how much I disliked it... kind of like water torture. He found a way to make it more interesting.....

Every time she sings the phrase "We fell in love in a hopeless place" you have to do a shot. So he started doing it w/ Jagermeister. There are 16 repetitions of that phrase. He's in the hospital right now having his stomach pumped.

Coreopsis
February 12th, 2012, 09:06 PM
OK so I just finished listening to Rihanna on the Grammy's singing the PARTICULARLY annoying song "We Fell in Love in a Hopeless Place." I said to Bob how much I disliked it... kind of like water torture. He found a way to make it more interesting.....

Every time she sings the phrase "We fell in love in a hopeless place" you have to do a shot. So he started doing it w/ Jagermeister. There are 16 repetitions of that phrase. He's in the hospital right now having his stomach pumped.

Ha ha ha ha!

prim8keeper
February 12th, 2012, 09:06 PM

I like that song!

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Well TOM! OBVIOUSLY you ......
get ready........

Fell in love in a hopeless place.... JAGER FOR EVERYONE!!

prim8keeper
February 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Well TOM! OBVIOUSLY you ......
get ready........

Fell in love in a hopeless place.... JAGER FOR EVERYONE!!

haha, I don't like jager or Goldschläger. Sadly, I learned that the hard way one New Years Eve. It was also that year that I learned you should never do a shot that A) comes in a plastic cup and B) is named after a drug. This particular shot was called "Liquid Cocaine." My friend just got them for all of us. It was 151 Rum, Jager & Goldschläger. It didn't end well when paired with everything else I had been drinking. Some times in thinking back on my college years its amazing I'm alive. :D

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
HOLY cowabunga that's quite a shot. I bet it tasted pretty bad going down and even worse coming up!

prim8keeper
February 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
HOLY cowabunga that's quite a shot. I bet it tasted pretty bad going down and even worse coming up!

Yeah, that wasn't a pretty year. It was though my first legal New Years, so it happens.

Hollywood Traveler
February 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Notice how I maturely refrained from calling it the shot heard round the world. ;)

prim8keeper
February 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Notice how I maturely refrained from calling it the shot heard round the world. ;)

ha, I think it could also be the shot that ruined my boyfriend at the time's car. :o

bighairtexan
February 12th, 2012, 10:08 PM
LOL @ you 2!

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Look what day it is!

http://www.profiletreasures.com/comments/Monday/monday-beer-2.gif

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 01:00 PM
COREO is that a Thomas Kinkade? hehehe

Hollywood Traveler
February 13th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Look what day it is!

http://www.profiletreasures.com/comments/Monday/monday-beer-2.gif

Awwww! My kind of Happy Monday. ;)

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
For formal night on an Italian Cruise Line.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/bighairtexan/FwdItali.jpg

Hollywood Traveler
February 13th, 2012, 07:02 PM

LOL. Thanks. I'm going to steal these and post them on one of those "other" roll calls that I've stopped seeing.

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah LARRY I was worried that the humor was too soon and too dark which is why I threw it out HERE. I mean we don't have easily offended sensibilities!

station93
February 13th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I like the formal shoes, do they come in men's styles?

Larry, was this the monkey on the balcony?
http://www.thejunglestore.com/Monkey-Inflatable-35-X-67-image.jpg?resizeid=-2&resizeh=250&resizew=250

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
WHOOOAAA I had to look at that monkey a bit more closely! Is that a banana in your hand or are you just glad to see me?

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 09:15 PM
LOL. Thanks. I'm going to steal these and post them on one of those "other" roll calls that I've stopped seeing.

Once a cheater ...

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM

OMG these are classic! I did my very un PC laugh this eve!

prim8keeper
February 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Since several of you are planing weddings or have planned them can you look at our website (http://www.mywedding.com/peterandthomas/index.html) and tell us what you think?

I want to have someone other than me look over it before it goes "live" next month. All thoughts are welcome.

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
PETE, that is a seriously OUTSTANDING site!

I don't know if you want a copy reader but I'll mention 2 things...

FRAGGLE ROCK IS THE BEST!! My son had a WEMBLY and my daughter had a RED (or course).

Also on the paragraph about: "Distance means so little."... the part about the promise ring... well check it out as it needs a quick edit. (gave Pete AND promise ring).

I, myself, am the queen of typos but your site is pretty much perfect so FIX IT. LOL

But that is a seriously wonderful website and I enjoyed reading about your story. Lots of great information there too. You did a lot of work!

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 09:58 PM
HEY has everything been double spaced all this time and I didn't notice? Because I didn't want it double spaced and yet it is. Am I so unobservant?
Checking for spacing.

Well that's just dang weird.

subtchr
February 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Tom, love the site - I'll send an email, too. Just a couple of minor typos, it's amazing!

Coreo, I'll let you post your funny wine pic here, but I thought I'd share another facebook steal from a friend:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/pizza.jpg

prim8keeper
February 13th, 2012, 10:09 PM
PETE, that is a seriously OUTSTANDING site!

I don't know if you want a copy reader but I'll mention 2 things...

FRAGGLE ROCK IS THE BEST!! My son had a WEMBLY and my daughter had a RED (or course).

Also on the paragraph about: "Distance means so little."... the part about the promise ring... well check it out as it needs a quick edit. (gave Pete AND promise ring).

I, myself, am the queen of typos but your site is pretty much perfect so FIX IT. LOL

But that is a seriously wonderful website and I enjoyed reading about your story. Lots of great information there too. You did a lot of work!

I'll do it first thing tomorrow morning! This is why I wanted others to look at it. It was really pretty east to do. The site mywedding had the template and then I just had to plug in our info. Best part it's free! They also have some templates that pair with invitations from various sites so you can make it all match.

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Feel free to delete my message ... oh-so-tiny suggestions as your site is well thought out and wonderfully designed.

If family and friends know you as Pete and Tom refer that in the description of some of the items. Doesn't need to be heading, but you catch my drift.

I only perused quickly, but "our story" has a typo of "beginning". I would cut/past in word to catch those items.

Very exciting! Except the photo I'm in. Can Larry photoshop someone 20 years younger and 20 lbs lighter? I know I'm in the background, but must I fill up the ENTIRE background?

Maybe link to Frommers for NY things to do? But then again ... NY offers so many options, maybe better to let folks plan their own vacation.

Because I'm headed down the same path ... the welcome drink and dinner - that is provided for the guests? Dear lord, I may need to take a 2nd mortgage out!

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Tom, love the site - I'll send an email, too. Just a couple of minor typos, it's amazing!

Coreo, I'll let you post your funny wine pic here, but I thought I'd share another facebook steal from a friend:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/subtchr/pizza.jpg

I'll be stealing that. And thank you for the reminder - with Larry's cheater ways, I almost forgot! http://www.gorgeousgifts.co.uk/custom/images/products/hires/wine%20coaster.jpg

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
That was a super huge photo.

You don't even need to wear your glasses for that one!

prim8keeper
February 13th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Feel free to delete my message ... oh-so-tiny suggestions as your site is well thought out and wonderfully designed.

If family and friends know you as Pete and Tom refer that in the description of some of the items. Doesn't need to be heading, but you catch my drift.

I only perused quickly, but "our story" has a typo of "beginning". I would cut/past in word to catch those items.

Very exciting! Except the photo I'm in. Can Larry photoshop someone 20 years younger and 20 lbs lighter? I know I'm in the background, but must I fill up the ENTIRE background?

Maybe link to Frommers for NY things to do? But then again ... NY offers so many options, maybe better to let folks plan their own vacation.

Because I'm headed down the same path ... the welcome drink and dinner - that is provided for the guests? Dear lord, I may need to take a 2nd mortgage out!

Haha we are lucky that all my family lives so close they are only coming up the day of the wedding so that helps keep welcome cost down. That and the fact that we choose pizza and a place that will be doing happy hour while we are there.

Coreopsis
February 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM
By the hugeness of my photo.

Headed to Vegas on Wed - Sun. I know, way too long but DH flying out and we are making a weekend of it after a work meeting. We really don't gamble, rarely indulge in libations aside from wine - but, some great restaurants and spas. Still haven't decided what we will do.

Allow me this privilege to say how much I have loved this roll call. Please be my best EVER roll call Valentine.

Love, me

p.s. I'm trying to pretend I don't miss Moira. She's such a traitor on a cruise already!

Judak
February 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Tom and Pete - you guys ROCK! Great website! ;)

bighairtexan
February 13th, 2012, 10:49 PM
DOH and here I thought Moira just didn't like us any more. Forgot about her cruise. Judy has some coming up (mine isn't for 6 more weeks). Busy bunch.

Judak
February 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
BHT - leave next week... and boy do I need this vacation. More company coming in tomorrow and leave on Sunday (19th)... Now about that Vodka you were talking about... :D

Coreopsis
February 14th, 2012, 10:27 AM
For menu planning healthy style.

http://shrinkingkitchen.com/menu-plan-your-butt-off/#dsq-form-area

Coreopsis
February 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1296787771241_9777626.png

Vol fan
February 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh602/volfan09/animated-gifs-monkeys-33.gif

Carole