PDA

View Full Version : Royal Princess Maiden TA Chat Room

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Carolyn R
February 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM
With all the excitement of the plans for the new Royal Princess rolling out I thought I would get a thread going to keep the excitement going. I would love to do the TA again with all my favorite RHR and/or Ruby Stars.

All the new features on the Royal look really wonderful especially the sushi/caviar bar and dedicated gelato shoppe in the atrium, adult pool with more loungers and cabanas. I overall am impressed by the wow factor so far.

Sunviking
February 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for starting this thread. I think it's a good idea to have one here. I actually was planning on e-mailing the CC administrators to see if we could set up a forum for the Royal transatlantic here so we might have a variety of threads about tours, hotels, air, etc which would make it easier for people to keep track of things w/o having to read 1000's of posts. My daughter told me when we had the Red Hot Rubies thread that she participates in some forums for other things and that's what they do and she didn't understand why we didn't have that option available to us.

Anyway, I'm excited about the prospect of a cruise on the Royal.

Woobstr112G
February 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Carolyn;

Thanks for starting the thread.....:):):)

Bob

rerepunim
February 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Great idea !!!!

Julia’s Journey’s
February 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
When does booking open for this cruise - woo hooo!!!

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Julia;

They open March 15th, 2012.....:):):)

Bob

bronxgirl25
February 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Carolyn...thanks for starting the thread. If we both get to go on this maybe we'll get to spend a little more time together than we did on Miss Ruby.

Am I right that there are all balconies on the Royal except for the inside cabins? It said all outside cabins are balconies!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

I pray the prices are good so we can all go sailing together again. :D

Woobstr112G
February 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Carolyn...thanks for starting the thread. If we both get to go on this maybe we'll get to spend a little more time together than we did on Miss Ruby.

Am I right that there are all balconies on the Royal except for the inside cabins? It said all outside cabins are balconies!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

I pray the prices are good so we can all go sailing together again. :D

Marcia;

That's what I took from the information I've read. All outside rooms are balcony rooms.....:):):)

Bob

SOLIVITA LADY
February 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Marcia;

That's what I took from the information I've read. All outside rooms are balcony rooms.....:):):)

Bob

That was my understanding too. No oceanview cabins at all, outside cabins are all balcony rooms and inside rooms are just that, inside rooms -no view.

Wish the deck plans would come out so we can book with some knowledge of what we are booking.

Jackie

Julia’s Journey’s
February 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Julia;

They open March 15th, 2012.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks, I thought it was the 8th.

Sunviking
February 18th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Well, we're practically on our way - I got a confirmation for our hotel in Venice for 10/13 this morning! Now we just have to book the cruise :D

Woobstr112G
February 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Well, we're practically on our way - I got a confirmation for our hotel in Venice for 10/13 this morning! Now we just have to book the cruise :D

Ann;

Little confused. You mention 10/13. I thought our cruise starts on the 9th? We are going to stay for 3 days at the L/O The dates I asked for were October 6, 7, and 8. I'm hoping my confirmation will come soon....:):):)

Bob

Sunviking
February 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM
You're right, Bob. What I meant was October 2013 (10/13). We will spend 2 nights in Venice. We may stopover someplace else for a night or two before we get there.

Woobstr112G
February 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM
You're right, Bob. What I meant was October 2013 (10/13). We will spend 2 nights in Venice. We may stopover someplace else for a night or two before we get there.

Silly me, I knew it was something simple. It may sound kind of funny but I'm getting anxious to hear from the L/O about my reservation. I actually called them earlier today and the man I talked to remembered Holli & I. I'm glad I factored in a third day. This way we can spend the first night reciovering from the jet lag and still have two days to explore and enjoy Venice.....:):):)

Bob

SOLIVITA LADY
February 19th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Ann, I'm thinking of booking this hotel too and just got a quote from them. Have you seen their Classic rooms (no canal view)? I'm not sure what they look over? Or is the Superior view room better situated?

Jackie

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 01:09 PM
We'll be joining the "almost there" club along with Ann. Our Venice hotel pre cruise reservations are reserved.....:):):)

Bob

Lynda90
February 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Julia, you've got mail! :p

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Looks like the usual suspects here. Hope we can make this one. :D

NO! I'M NOT DOING THE MEET AND GREET! ;)

Lynda, see you at the breakfast club meetings in the IC.

Ann, have you started the spreadsheet? :cool:

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Dorothy;

Glad to see you on the thread. Sure hope you and Joe can sail with us "usual suspects".....:):):)

Bob

Sunviking
February 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Ann, I'm thinking of booking this hotel too and just got a quote from them. Have you seen their Classic rooms (no canal view)? I'm not sure what they look over? Or is the Superior view room better situated?

Jackie

Jackie, if it's the Al Ponte Antico Hotel you're referring to, the only room we've seen is the Junior Suite which is what we stayed in each time and it was very nice. I know that Kathy (Adventurous Grandmom) stayed there as did Joe (Goinsoon) so they might be able to better answer your question. The location of the hotel is wonderful and the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge is a great place to have breakfast in the morning and a drink later in the day.

Sunviking
February 19th, 2012, 05:19 PM

Hooray, Dorothy! I too hope that you and Joe sail on this one.

I guess I'm stuck on stupid, but if no one else wants to do a spreadsheet, I'll volunteer. I've been making spreadsheets here at home for stuff around the house and they are truly boring.

Carolyn R
February 19th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yea Dorothy! We missed you last fall.

I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if Princess rolled out new menus for the Royal?

I have also been doing some homework and booked Fabrizio for Naples and Rome. I guess I am going. I am so easy! I am going to have to cancel the 10 day part of my CB cruise next fall though.

There is no Livorno this time but it would have been a Monday (again) anyway. Sicily and Madeira Island will be new for me as will Cannes as I was sick for that port last year and the weather was horrific.

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Is this the "Official roll call" or just the roll call for the Rubies?

Woobstr112G
February 19th, 2012, 05:59 PM

I guess I'm stuck on stupid, but if no one else wants to do a spreadsheet, I'll volunteer. I've been making spreadsheets here at home for stuff around the house and they are truly boring.

Ann;

Wouldn't seem right if someone else did the spreadsheet:D

I just had a thought. Wouldn't it be great if Princess rolled out new menus for the Royal?

I have also been doing some homework and booked Fabrizio for Naples and Rome. I guess I am going. I am so easy! I am going to have to cancel the 10 day part of my CB cruise next fall though.

There is no Livorno this time but it would have been a Monday (again) anyway. Sicily and Madeira Island will be new for me as will Cannes as I was sick for that port last year and the weather was horrific.

Carolyn;

What are you thinking of doing in Naples and Rome?

Bob

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Spreadsheets are 2nd nature to you now. :)

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I'd love to do Fabrizio for Naples, Carolyn, if you are doing that same restaurant with the fantastic view. :)

Sunviking
February 19th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Carolyn, we'd be interested in signing on to Fabrizio for Naples as well.

Dorothy, I don't know about the roll call. I sent an e-mail to CC asking if there was a way we could have a forum for this cruise where we could have multiple threads since I'm sure this cruise will have tons of posts and cruisers. I haven't received an answer from them. there is a Roll Call over on the Princess Roll Calls section but as we know, it's not possible to divide threads there. Over here we can start whatever threads we want. So, for example, we could have one for tours at each of the ports the ship will stop at. That would be very handy for people not wanting to wade through tons of posts. If I don't hear from CC in a day or so, I plan to ask again. I think having a forum where you can divide topics makes much more sense. Plus that way I can report on what Emma is up to or the weather without ticking anyone off :D:D

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Carolyn, we'd be interested in signing on to Fabrizio for Naples as well.

Dorothy, I don't know about the roll call. I sent an e-mail to CC asking if there was a way we could have a forum for this cruise where we could have multiple threads since I'm sure this cruise will have tons of posts and cruisers. I haven't received an answer from them. there is a Roll Call over on the Princess Roll Calls section but as we know, it's not possible to divide threads there. Over here we can start whatever threads we want. So, for example, we could have one for tours at each of the ports the ship will stop at. That would be very handy for people not wanting to wade through tons of posts. If I don't hear from CC in a day or so, I plan to ask again. I think having a forum where you can divide topics makes much more sense. Plus that way I can report on what Emma is up to or the weather without ticking anyone off :D:D

Well, then, I guess the official one is over on the Princess roll call boards. At least, it would seem, that this one could be just for old friends from the Ruby. Here we can chat about whatever without making anyone mad.

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
They won't accuse of us monopolizing the thread. :D

Adventurous Grandmom
February 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Jackie, if it's the Al Ponte Antico Hotel you're referring to, the only room we've seen is the Junior Suite which is what we stayed in each time and it was very nice. I know that Kathy (Adventurous Grandmom) stayed there as did Joe (Goinsoon) so they might be able to better answer your question. The location of the hotel is wonderful and the terrace overlooking the Grand Canal and Rialto Bridge is a great place to have breakfast in the morning and a drink later in the day.
Hi Jackie--As Ann has said, we did stay at the Al Ponte Antico in a regular room--no canal view. Our room was wonderful--it was done in a typical Venitian style--beautiful furniture and bedding. The bathroom was magnificent--the shower had multiple shower heads and it was very modern. It is a very special hotel --everyone knew our names within fifteen minutes of arriving there. The breakfast --prepared by the owner Matteo was delicious and eating on the terrace with a Grand Canal view was very special. We were only there one night but loved the hotel and would definitely return. After we checked out, we returned that afternoon for a drink on the terrace with friends from high school who happened to be in Venice at the same time as us. We asked Matteo, the owner, where we should have a drink and he said to come back to the hotel. He then refused to charge us for the drinks and made dinner reservations for our friends who were not staying there. I would say that this is a very unique hotel!! Hope you decide to stay there. kathy

bronxgirl25
February 19th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Carolyn....we'd be interested in Naples with Fabrizio also. Last time we opted for more sightseeing and didn't eat in the restaurant. Please let me know what you are doing, and if there is room for us.

C'mon Wanda! You know you want to be with us instead of the Baltics!! You'll never find another group like this one :)

Same goes for you Jerry!!!

Ann....thanks for volunteering to do the spreadsheet. You are the best!!!

Lynda90
February 19th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Carolyn, please add Marilyn and me to the list for the Naples tour. Sounds wonderful! :p

Lynda90
February 19th, 2012, 11:04 PM

Dorothy, it's wonderful seeing you over here. I sure hope you can do this cruise. I've really missed you!! I also hope I can do this cruise. Depends on prices. Oh who am I kidding! I'll probably do it anyway! :eek:

dsawyer
February 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Dorothy, it's wonderful seeing you over here. I sure hope you can do this cruise. I've really missed you!! I also hope I can do this cruise. Depends on prices. Oh who am I kidding! I'll probably do it anyway! :eek:

Well,I guess we are all waiting to see the pricing. Hope we have the breakfast club again in the IC. So much fun!!!

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM

So good to see you here, was wondering if we would get to cruise with you again - whoo hoo!!

SOLIVITA LADY
February 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Carolyn,

What are you planning for Rome & Naples. We would be interested in Naples (and Rome) if it was the Amalfi Coast (We are using Fabrizio in Dec. this year for Herculeneum, Sorrento & Positano). In Rome we're not sure what to do in 2013. We've been to Rome twice but could always go again as there is so much to see. And, on the Ruby we went did the Castles & Lake tour which was nice but wouldn't do it again. Let us know what you decide to do as we might want to join you. If we need additional vans, I'll be happy to help organize.

Jackie

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM

You know we were waiting for the offer lol :)

SOLIVITA LADY
February 20th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Jackie--As Ann has said, we did stay at the Al Ponte Antico in a regular room--no canal view. Our room was wonderful--it was done in a typical Venitian style--beautiful furniture and bedding. The bathroom was magnificent--the shower had multiple shower heads and it was very modern. It is a very special hotel --everyone knew our names within fifteen minutes of arriving there. The breakfast --prepared by the owner Matteo was delicious and eating on the terrace with a Grand Canal view was very special. We were only there one night but loved the hotel and would definitely return. After we checked out, we returned that afternoon for a drink on the terrace with friends from high school who happened to be in Venice at the same time as us. We asked Matteo, the owner, where we should have a drink and he said to come back to the hotel. He then refused to charge us for the drinks and made dinner reservations for our friends who were not staying there. I would say that this is a very unique hotel!! Hope you decide to stay there. kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for your review on the hotel. It is very helpful. Once I hear back I'll make my reservation. I accidentally gave them the dates for our Pacific Princess cruise this Dec and, naturally, there was a room available. I corrected the e-mail and gave them the right dates now so I will see what they say.

Jackie

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Carolyn, let me know too what you are plannj g for the day as I would love to do Capri this time so it will be a tough toss up :)

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Kathy, was thinking about you and Joe earlier, hope all is going well with you, I will shoot you an email later but hoping you are going to think about joining us on this cruise :)

dsawyer
February 20th, 2012, 11:55 AM
So good to see you here, was wondering if we would get to cruise with you again - whoo hoo!!

Good to see you here, too, Julia BTW, how did you like your hotel in Venice?

Adventurous Grandmom
February 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Julia--I am watching all the excitement over the Royal--waiting to see the pricing. Not sure--I wish the ports were different than the Ruby but would love to see the new ship. Kathy

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Dorothy...good to see you post on here. Maybe this time David and I will get to meet you and Joe.

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hi Julia--I am watching all the excitement over the Royal--waiting to see the pricing. Not sure--I wish the ports were different than the Ruby but would love to see the new ship. Kathy

Kathy...there are two new ports :D So they are different!!

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Carolyn...how do you know that Livorno would be a Monday again if we have no itinerary? Does that mean that Rome will be a Sunday again, that would be very disappointing!

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Carolyn...how do you know that Livorno would be a Monday again if we have no itinerary? Does that mean that Rome will be a Sunday again, that would be very disappointing!

Here is the port info that I copied from Princess's news page:

"18-day Maiden Venetian Passage departing October 9, 2013
This cruise begins in Venice with an overnight in this iconic city, and sets sail to Fort Lauderdale with calls at Messina (Sicily), Naples (for Capri and Pompeii), Civitavecchia (for Rome), Cannes (for Monte Carlo), Barcelona and Funchal (Madeira Island)."

Here is what I'm guessing - If we board on Wed. the 9th & overnight Venice, then we would leave port on Thurs. the 10th. Friday the 11th would be a sea day & Saturday the 12th for Naples. Sunday would be the 13th & if we follow Princess's typical sailing history then Sunday the13th would be Civitavecchia! So possibly we would again be in Civitavecchia again on a Sunday (:<)

Judy

Lynda90
February 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Ann, I am so happy that you will be once again taking care of the roll call for us. Any other roll call I've been involved with just pales in comparison. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :p

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Here is the port info that I copied from Princess's news page:

"18-day Maiden Venetian Passage departing October 9, 2013
This cruise begins in Venice with an overnight in this iconic city, and sets sail to Fort Lauderdale with calls at Messina (Sicily), Naples (for Capri and Pompeii), Civitavecchia (for Rome), Cannes (for Monte Carlo), Barcelona and Funchal (Madeira Island)."

Here is what I'm guessing - If we board on Wed. the 9th & overnight Venice, then we would leave port on Thurs. the 10th. Friday the 11th would be a sea day & Saturday the 12th for Naples. Sunday would be the 13th & if we follow Princess's typical sailing history then Sunday the13th would be Civitavecchia! So possibly we would again be in Civitavecchia again on a Sunday (:<)

Judy

One new idea popped into my head - If we're adding Sicily that may throw my port dates off by a day. The 12th may be Sicily, 13th Naples & the 14th a Monday could be Civitavecchia! Hopefully!

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM
One new idea popped into my head - If we're adding Sicily that may throw my port dates off by a day. The 12th may be Sicily, 13th Naples & the 14th a Monday could be Civitavecchia! Hopefully!

It would be so nice if we would be in Rome on something else other than a Sunday. Three T/A's in a row with Rome on a Sunday is enough for me.:rolleyes:

Bob
p.s. Judy; are you going to book the T/A? Hope so. Looks like we might have to have the Royal version of the West Coast RHR meeting in RPV.....:):):)

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Good to see you here, too, Julia BTW, how did you like your hotel in Venice?

It was good for us, nothing fancy and we didn't have a problem crossing the bridges with our luggage cause we travel pretty light and Aubrey got the bags up the stairs - it was about a 10 minute walk to SM but didn't worry us and we hardly spent time there. Defiantly nothing fancy :)

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Judy...thanks for figuring it all out. I like this way better. We'd like to get to the Vatican and museum.

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Come on... Surely traveling with all of us again beats different ports :)

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM

My thoughts exactly :)

Lynda, did you see I updated my signature :)

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
It would be so nice if we would be in Rome on something else other than a Sunday. Three T/A's in a row with Rome on a Sunday is enough for me.:rolleyes:

Bob
p.s. Judy; are you going to book the T/A? Hope so. Looks like we might have to have the Royal version of the West Coast RHR meeting in RPV.....:):):)

I'm booking but it may not be until late June when I can buy a few more FCCs. I foolishly used my last 2 for the June cruise that I'm doing with my dau. The last one was for her. It was so dumb of me as there was really no benefit to using it except the $100 credit off her fare. :mad:

If I should do another pre-cruise party it wouldn't be until the fall of 2013. By then there will be more So. Californians onboard. We'll see :D !

Judy

Julia’s Journey’s
February 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM

That's what I thought and maybe why they added Sicily cause they got it's of complaints last time

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm booking but it may not be until late June when I can buy a few more FCCs. I foolishly used my last 2 for the June cruise that I'm doing with my dau. The last one was for her. It was so dumb of me as there was really no benefit to using it except the $100 credit off her fare. :mad:

If I should do another pre-cruise party it wouldn't be until the fall of 2013. By then there will be more So. Californians onboard. We'll see :D !

Judy

Check with your T/A. Maybe he/she will be able to offer reduced deposits.....:):):)

Bob

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Check with your T/A. Maybe he/she will be able to offer reduced deposits.....:):):)

Bob
Yes but by using a FCC, I will then get the benefit of the $150 onboard credit.

I can wait to book in June as there will still be 16 months to go! Lots of time left :)!

Judy

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking that we'll be in Rome on a Monday on the Royal cruise because of the addition of Sicily. It really will be nice to be there on a day other than Sunday. When we were there in 2010 it was not only Sunday, but also May Day. The year before when we stopped in Rome it was the Sunday that the Pope canonized Father Damien and three or four other new saints so the city was packed and it was impossible to get near St. Peter's.

Lynda90
February 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
My thoughts exactly :)

Lynda, did you see I updated my signature :)
No, I didn't see that. I'm so happy that you are joining our Caribbean cruise. Marilyn will also be delighted. She keeps asking me if you'd booked yet. I told her no, but I thought you might do so. With Marcia and David and the four of us, it should be a great, laid back trip! Fun, fun fun! Now if we can just get Jim and Jerry to book! :p:D

Carolyn R
February 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM

I think you are right Judy, Naples on Sunday and Rome on Monday. We will soon see!

It is looking like I will need to book three vans with Fabrizio's company. I have no idea what I want to do in either port but just know I will be having a great day with the best driver/guide in Italia! His other drivers are very good too. I am thinking that we could all meet up for lunch at da Costantino, but plan on three different tours depending what everyone wants to do.

I hate planning tours this early but sometimes you have to.

These are the people who have expressed interest:

Carolyn (2)
Amelia (4)
Judy (2)
Dorothy (2)
Ann (2)
Jackie (2)
Bob (2)
Lynda (2)
Julia (2)
Marcia (2)

carib
February 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I can't believe how this 2013 TA has taken on a life of it's own already. I was really tempted to join in but Lenora wants us to do something different. And I like to go to places I haven't been to before. I will miss sailing with so many of you. The roll call was so huge that you only got to meet a few people. But I will miss seeing Judy, Ann, Kathy, Marcia and David, Bob, Carolyn to name a few.
Looking at the ports and the sailing date I think you are right concluding that Rome will be on a Monday. A visit to the Vatican Museums will be worth the visit. The Vatican sells tours directly and it's a good tour without waiting in long lines to get in. You print a voucher after you pay on line and you show the voucher to get in at the entry. Here is the Vatican web page. http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceTipoVisita=74&step=2 It cost 36 Euros. Most other tours cost about 20 Euros more.

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I can't believe how this 2013 TA has taken on a life of it's own already. I was really tempted to join in but Lenora wants us to do something different. And I like to go to places I haven't been to before. I will miss sailing with so many of you. The roll call was so huge that you only got to meet a few people. But I will miss seeing Judy, Ann, Kathy, Marcia and David, Bob, Carolyn to name a few.
Looking at the ports and the sailing date I think you are right concluding that Rome will be on a Monday. A visit to the Vatican Museums will be worth the visit. The Vatican sells tours directly and it's a good tour without waiting in long lines to get in. You print a voucher after you pay on line and you show the voucher to get in at the entry. Here is the Vatican web page. http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceTipoVisita=74&step=2 It cost 36 Euros. Most other tours cost about 20 Euros more.

David;

Sorry you and Lenora wont be joining us. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise with whichever itinerary you choose.

Fair Winds And A Following Sea

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Yes but by using a FCC, I will then get the benefit of the $150 onboard credit.

I can wait to book in June as there will still be 16 months to go! Lots of time left :)!

Judy

Judy;

There is so much interest, the cruise could be sold out by June......:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Judy;

There is so much interest, the cruise could be sold out by June......:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

I don't have any FCC's left either but I don't want to wait to book. I will see if my TA can give reduced deposit. If not, we'll have to bite the bullet probably and give a regular deposit. It's refundable so it's not bad in case we don't go. It's just too bad I'd miss out on the shipboard credit, but I'd rather be there without it, then not be there at all.

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I don't have any FCC's left either but I don't want to wait to book. I will see if my TA can give reduced deposit. If not, we'll have to bite the bullet probably and give a regular deposit. It's refundable so it's not bad in case we don't go. It's just too bad I'd miss out on the shipboard credit, but I'd rather be there without it, then not be there at all.

I'm so glad I bought two when we were on the Ruby.....:):):)

Bob

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM
David, sorry you and Lenore won't be sailing with us, but I understand. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Judy, I think the transatlantic may sell out way before June too. From things I have read, many people seem to think in the first couple of days the ship will be fully sold out. Of course, there will be people whose plans change, but if it's anything like that South America cruise that a bunch of RHRs have booked for next January, Princess won't even take people on the waitlist because they have so many on the list already.

Carolyn R
February 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM

David, When I saw the itinerary for this cruise I said this will be perfect for David and Lena because David's parents came from Madeira Island. I hope you will decide to come with us.

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Okay, I was avoiding doing some other work here at home, so this afternoon I formatted a spreadsheet for the Royal Princess transatlantic. Once we are able to book if you let me know you have, I'll add you. I'll keep it on Google Docs again so once you've been added you'll have access. I'm excited - while I b**ch and moan and groan, I must confess that being involved in a busy Roll Call, especially with such nice folks as we have here, is fun and makes the anticipation of the cruise so wonderful. I'm somewhat reluctant to post about the spreadsheet over on the Royal Princess Roll Calls. I don't want to be accused of trying to take over as some suggested for the Red Hot Rubies. I truly just see myself as a scribe, not an organizer or arbiter.

What do you guys think? Should I say something there?

Lynda90
February 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Okay, I was avoiding doing some other work here at home, so this afternoon I formatted a spreadsheet for the Royal Princess transatlantic. Once we are able to book if you let me know you have, I'll add you. I'll keep it on Google Docs again so once you've been added you'll have access. I'm excited - while I b**ch and moan and groan, I must confess that being involved in a busy Roll Call, especially with such nice folks as we have here, is fun and makes the anticipation of the cruise so wonderful. I'm somewhat reluctant to post about the spreadsheet over on the Royal Princess Roll Calls. I don't want to be accused of trying to take over as some suggested for the Red Hot Rubies. I truly just see myself as a scribe, not an organizer or arbiter.

Ann, I would wait until people actually book the cruise. Then you could say that several people you know have booked the cruise and they recruited you to keep the roll call because you've done it before. You could then suggest that anyone who wants to join the roll call is very welcome to do so. Or something like that.

ibfern
February 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi Everybody,

We are Amelia and Ken from Ventura, CA and are happily joining this cruise, as well as the one before it! Can't wait to see the new ship.

I assume Generoso will be there, another perk!

Thanks Carolyn for starting this chatty thread! Love it,
Amelia

Carolyn R
February 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Ann, I think we do have to participate in the regular CC roll call. I am also not quite sure how to accomplish this except for you to volunteer your services for the spreadsheet (if you want to do this) and for all of us to let people there know there is a "chat board" here for socializing and getting to meet your fellow cruisers.

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Ann..thanks again so much for offering (:D) to do this again. You are our hero!
I would wait until people start booking to post about it over on the other board. As of now there is no one doing a spreadsheet and until people book you can't really add them. It would just be double work for you.

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 07:02 PM

Yes Ann, please add to the official rollcall that you've again been nominated unless someone else wants to take upon themself the agony! How could anyone object? Those that mistakenly thought previously you took over sure didn't volunteer to take on any responsibility. Put something on the official rollcall & there will be many of us who will then 2nd your nomination!

Judy

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Everybody,

We are Amelia and Ken from Ventura, CA and are happily joining this cruise, as well as the one before it! Can't wait to see the new ship.

Amelia

Welcome Amelia and Ken. Yes, we are a very chatty thread. We all cruised together last October on The Ruby.

As far as we have heard Generoso is going to the Emerald, not the Royal.

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Welcome Amelia and Ken. Yes, we are a very chatty thread. We all cruised together last October on The Ruby.

As far as we have heard Generoso is going to the Emerald, not the Royal.

Marcia & Amelia - we may be fortunate enough to have Generoso on the Royal. He is doing the Emerald for 2012 & I thought he told me when I saw him in January he may be doing the new Royal in 2013. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Somewhere I read or was also told that he opens the new ships.

Judy

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hi Everybody,

Amelia

Welcome, Amelia & Ken. I've seen your name often and it will be so nice to meet you in person.

ibfern
February 20th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Marcia & Amelia - we may be fortunate enough to have Generoso on the Royal. He is doing the Emerald for 2012 & I thought he told me when I saw him in January he may be doing the new Royal in 2013. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Judy

Yes he definitely opens new ships, he is the best of the best! My money is on him being on the royal. I sure hope he is.

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Ann;

You've got my vote. As others have stated, I'd also wait till people actually start booking. A big thank you in advance for the outstanding job you're suppose to do.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Ann, I think we do have to participate in the regular CC roll call. I am also not quite sure how to accomplish this except for you to volunteer your services for the spreadsheet (if you want to do this) and for all of us to let people there know there is a "chat board" here for socializing and getting to meet your fellow cruisers.

While I totally understand the need to have a chat area for non cruise related stuff, I'm not so sure this will work out. If the roll call forum was set up like the "Friends of CC" forum it would. In the Friends forum we have the ability to set up individual threads for tours, etc. In the roll call forum, it's only one thread. I feel if we try to divide things members might be unsure which area to post. We might also get someone who objects to post, believing they are posted in the wrong area. This could, IMHO, create needless confrontations. I will of course gladly go with what everyone else wants. Just my two cents. What does everyone else think.

Bob

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Al told me he thought I should post over there so I did. I won't start keeping information until bookings open but it's all set up. I'll put it on Google Docs again.

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM

Judy

I stand corrected and hope I am wrong!!!! :p

bronxgirl25
February 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM
No, I didn't see that. I'm so happy that you are joining our Caribbean cruise. Marilyn will also be delighted. She keeps asking me if you'd booked yet. I told her no, but I thought you might do so. With Marcia and David and the four of us, it should be a great, laid back trip! Fun, fun fun! Now if we can just get Jim and Jerry to book! :p:D

I am happy they are joining us also. The RC for that cruise has nothing much going on. Certainly not what I'm used to! :D
Yes, it would be nice if Jerry and Jim came also.

volvodoll
February 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
While I totally understand the need to have a chat area for non cruise related stuff, I'm not so sure this will work out. If the roll call forum was set up like the "Friends of CC" forum it would. In the Friends forum we have the ability to set up individual threads for tours, etc. In the roll call forum, it's only one thread. I feel if we try to divide things members might be unsure which area to post. We might also get someone who objects to post, believing they are posted in the wrong area. This could, IMHO, create needless confrontations. I will of course gladly go with what everyone else wants. Just my two cents. What does everyone else think.

Bob
Hi Bob - while the rollcall does make it possible for passengers to chat & become acquainted, I still like this, our own little chat room for our little friendly check-ins. There were too many complaints last year that our rollcall board was too congested & hard to read with our "friendly chat & check-ins". I like this board "Royal Princess TA Oct.9, 2013" for our idle chat & keep the official one for our tour planning, hotel info etc, etc. In other words, keeping the chatting down on it. This way we won't be accused of monopolizing the board with "ho-hum". This is just my 2 cents so I'm ready to get called on it. What do others think?

Judy

carib
February 20th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Al told me he thought I should post over there so I did. I won't start keeping information until bookings open but it's all set up. I'll put it on Google Docs again.
I agree with Al. You have to set it up and make it available over on the official roll call. You don't want to appear to be a select group who wants to segregate from the ordinary folk. Then you can end up with separate meet and greets and 2 competing groups. Just explain that a group from the last 2012 TA continued chatting in friends of cruise critic under their nick name and many are planning a 2013 repeat.

The roll calls are getting so huge though. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Maybe subgroups may not be a bad idea. :)

carib
February 20th, 2012, 08:11 PM
David, When I saw the itinerary for this cruise I said this will be perfect for David and Lena because David's parents came from Madeira Island. I hope you will decide to come with us.
Carolyn, when I saw Madeira on the itinerary I was really thrilled, but we were already talking about doing Vancouver to Beijing in September 2013.
It was my great grand parents who came from Madeira and the connection is lost. I don't know any relatives there. I have seen pictures from Madeira and it's really beautiful. It reminds me of the island I am from in the Caribbean. So yes, I still want to visit one day.

ibfern
February 20th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome, Amelia & Ken. I've seen your name often and it will be so nice to meet you in person.

Thanks Ann, it will be nice to meet you as well!

Sunviking
February 20th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Carolyn, when I saw Madeira on the itinerary I was really thrilled, but we were already talking about doing Vancouver to Beijing in September 2013.
It was my great grand parents who came from Madeira and the connection is lost. I don't know any relatives there. I have seen pictures from Madeira and it's really beautiful. It reminds me of the island I am from in the Caribbean. So yes, I still want to visit one day.

David, Madeira is an absolutely stunning island. When Katie and I stopped there in 2010 we got a taxi to take us on a tour for just the 2 of us. It was not long after they had significant mudslides from torrential rains. Nonetheless the scenery was so beautiful. The seacliffs there are among the highest in the world. We thought it was spectacular! The next time we stopped there Al took an all day tour to parts of the island I had not seen. Unfortunately, I had developed a gastrointestinal problem and couldn't go. When he came back to the ship and I saw his photos I was really sorry I couldn't make it. You need to make sure you go there one day.

SOLIVITA LADY
February 20th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Ann;

You've got my vote. As others have stated, I'd also wait till people actually start booking. A big thank you in advance for the outstanding job you're suppose to do.....:):):)

Bob

Ann, I second and third everyones idea to wait until booking actually begins before you post anything on the other roll call. Everyone is waiting for pricing to come out as well as other itineraries. I am strongly tending towards the Royal due to the fact it is a new ship but the cruise the Emerald is doing this April from FLL to Copenhagen is something Rich and I talked about too if they do it in 2013. Just need to make sure the Royal prices are not out of line for us.

Jackie

Woobstr112G
February 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Ann;

Bob

Darn auto correct, I never ment to say "sppose to do.". Don't remember exactly what I ment to say, but it wasn't that. My appologies.

Bob

carib
February 20th, 2012, 11:51 PM
David, Madeira is an absolutely stunning island. When Katie and I stopped there in 2010 we got a taxi to take us on a tour for just the 2 of us. It was not long after they had significant mudslides from torrential rains. Nonetheless the scenery was so beautiful. The seacliffs there are among the highest in the world. We thought it was spectacular! The next time we stopped there Al took an all day tour to parts of the island I had not seen. Unfortunately, I had developed a gastrointestinal problem and couldn't go. When he came back to the ship and I saw his photos I was really sorry I couldn't make it. You need to make sure you go there one day.

I have heard wonderful things about Madeira. My brother lives in England and he went there some time ago trying to find any trace of our family but he wasn't successful. St.Vincent is full of Portuguese names like Cabral, De Nobriga, De Freitas, Da Sousa, Gonsalves etc. They came to the island in the 1840's after slavery was abolished and became small land owners. My mother's family name was Francis. My brother couldn't find in the records a Francis who immigrated to the islands about that time. Maybe their records were poorly kept or some are missing. He said that he got this deja vu feeling many times as he saw a face that reminded him of people from the past.

My cousin from London also visited Madeira with his wife and daughter. They were in Funchal walking on the sidewalk. A car out of control jumped the curb. He lost both of them in the accident. This was some time ago. I hope time has help heal the wound, but it was a terrible loss.

I am sure you will enjoy your return visit to Madeira. It's a photographers paradise. That always makes my day.

Cruise Junky
February 20th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hi guys, don't mean to barge in... would it work if the core group of the roll call put a link into this tread and possibly a tour thread into their signatures? Then you could keep them separated?

On a separate note, Love Generoso, what a lovely man. So hope he's on Royal.

carib
February 21st, 2012, 12:23 AM
David, Madeira is an absolutely stunning island. You need to make sure you go there one day.
I couldn't help but do a bit of research while I sat here. I found this article. It's a bit long and you may not find it too interesting, but I found this quote that surprised me.

"In St. Vincent, the first Portuguese were seen as transient migrants by
the planters. Because of the types of employment they engaged in, issues
of social class and respectability constantly arose. Like Guyana, the Portuguese
of St. Vincent formed a significant new middleman minority, but
it took some time before they assimilated into the wider society. Unlike the
Portuguese in other territories, those in St. Vincent had a geographical
base. Those in other territories were scattered all over their respective territories,
with a tendency to become increasingly urbanized. In St. Vincent,
however, they settled primarily in rural areas, including at least two main
villages in the Windward Valley, namely, Colonarie (pronounced “Connarie”)and Park Hill."

Park Hill, that's where I was born. How interesting. My primary school was a Roman Catholic school at Colonarie. And it's true there are many Portuguese in this area. The current prime minister is from Colonarie and was my class mate.

Here is the link to the paper. http://www.trentu.ca/admin/publications/psr/1420673.pdf

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 08:08 AM
My booking came through for a Classic room for two nights, Oct 7 & 8, 2013 so hopefully there will be others we can get together with a water taxi to/from the hotel. A lot more pricey than when I stayed at the Locando Orseolo in 2009 but a very desireable location. When I checked pricing for the room we had at a "cheap" hotel last year by Piazza Roma I was shocked to see a price of E310/nt for the dates I wanted. Yikes, it wasn't worth anywhere near that.

Jackie

Hornet
February 21st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good morning Everyone ~ Well, I called our TA and told her to book a cabin on the new Royal for this cruise. Love the two new ports and all that time on the new ship....and Of course seeing all of you again. So glad Ann has taken on the most important job of all....keeping us all organized and informed...thank you Ann.

And Dorothy - it will be great to have you and Joe on this cruise too. Let's hope they don't inflate the prices since they know this will be a most sought out cruise. Can't wait to see the deck plans too.

And for the chatty business....my grandson is getting his driver's license today. How did I get old enough to have a GS that old.:D
Gail

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Is this the "Official roll call" or just the roll call for the Rubies?

Dorothy,

Great to see you on this roll call. Now we will finally get a chance to meet you.

Jackie

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Good morning Everyone ~ Well, I called our TA and told her to book a cabin on the new Royal for this cruise. Love the two new ports and all that time on the new ship....and Of course seeing all of you again. So glad Ann has taken on the most important job of all....keeping us all organized and informed...thank you Ann.

And Dorothy - it will be great to have you and Joe on this cruise too. Let's hope they don't inflate the prices since they know this will be a most sought out cruise. Can't wait to see the deck plans too.

And for the chatty business....my grandson is getting his driver's license today. How did I get old enough to have a GS that old.:D
Gail

Gail;

So glad you and Tom will be joining us. The "ole gang" will be together again.....:):):)

Bob

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 11:22 AM
I managed to nab a room at Locando Orseola for three nights - Oct. 6-9 so if anyone want to share a water taxi to/from let me know.

Jackie

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Hi guys, don't mean to barge in... would it work if the core group of the roll call put a link into this tread and possibly a tour thread into their signatures? Then you could keep them separated?

On a separate note, Love Generoso, what a lovely man. So hope he's on Royal.

Tracey, you're not barging in :). We're an easy going bunch and everyone is welcome.

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
I am traveling on the Pacific Princess in December and will be going to Palermo in Sicily and using a recommended tour company for that trip. Once I see how they do if anyone is interested I will be happy to set up a tour in Messina to Taormina.

Also, I am using the tour operator recommended by Ann (Sunviking) for Funchal and will let our roll call know how that goes and maybe we can put something together for that also.

Since someone else is taking care of Rome & Naples this time around I thought I'd help out and try to put the tours together for Messina (Sicily) and Funchal (Maderia) so we share some of the tasks.

I'll wait until we actually all book to see how many are interested in these two sites.

Hope someone will put something together for Cannes as our tour last time was terrible, not just the weather but the guide too. He was uninterested and didn't want to be there. Complained about his new shoes getting wet, no information from him and when we asked for a local non-touristy restaurant he took us to a restaurant where we were handed menus for tourists.

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM
I just checked my e-mail and I got a reply to my query about a way to have multiple threads for the Royal Princess transatlantic cruise. I'm pasting it here

Hi There!

Have you ever used our social groups ? If not check them out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/group.php You can start the group here and invite everyone from the roll call to join. You can post here all of the pertinent info about meets ups and what not. You can have the “group leader” keep the schedule up to date etc …

Try it out

If further help is needed, please reply to this message.

Jenn

I went to the link and saw that we can start a group, but it looks to me as if then you just have lots of disconnected posts there which isn't what I had in mind. I'm more inclined to think we should use this venue (Red Hot Rubies), unless someone really objects, and start other threads here. For example, we could start a "Tours in Naples" thread where Carolyn R can post details of her tour and people could exchange info. As Tracey (Cruise Junky) said we can link to those threads in our signatures or post on the main Royal Roll Call that info is available about whatever and put the link in. It's more cumbersome than I would like, but it doesn't look like CC has another way to do it. What do you guys think? Am I making any sense? Sometimes I'm not sure I have properly expressed what my brain is thinking :D

ibfern
February 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Is anybody here doing the 12 day cruise prior to this on the Royal? I am, and I am curious who else is.

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM
I just checked my e-mail and I got a reply to my query about a way to have multiple threads for the Royal Princess transatlantic cruise. I'm pasting it here

Hi There!

Have you ever used our social groups ? If not check them out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/group.php You can start the group here and invite everyone from the roll call to join. You can post here all of the pertinent info about meets ups and what not. You can have the “group leader” keep the schedule up to date etc …

Try it out

Jenn

I went to the link and saw that we can start a group, but it looks to me as if then you just have lots of disconnected posts there which isn't what I had in mind. I'm more inclined to think we should use this venue (Red Hot Rubies), unless someone really objects, and start other threads here. For example, we could start a "Tours in Naples" thread where Carolyn R can post details of her tour and people could exchange info. As Tracey (Cruise Junky) said we can link to those threads in our signatures or post on the main Royal Roll Call that info is available about whatever and put the link in. It's more cumbersome than I would like, but it doesn't look like CC has another way to do it. What do you guys think? Am I making any sense? Sometimes I'm not sure I have properly expressed what my brain is thinking :D

Ann;

I checked the link and I agree with your above explanation. Everything would be too disjointed and create too much confusion. Keeping it in the friends of section gives you the ability to have speecific sections for tours, hotel info, port info, etc.

Bob

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 01:18 PM
I, too, would like to keep this site as an alternative to the official roll call and I thank Carolyn again for starting it.

However, I would suggest we change the title of this thread so people won't confuse it with the official roll call. We also don't want to exclude anyone from posting here so I think we could link it on the spreadsheet or on the other roll call as an alternative site for casual chat.

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 01:22 PM

Hi There!

Try it out

Jenn

Ann, I think we should have the sub groups such as tours, etc. here and then just post a link on the main board. It is cleaner doing it that way and people won't get caught up in trying to find info for a particular port while wading through info they really are not interested in. Your suggestion is right on!

Jackie

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM
My booking came through for a Classic room for two nights, Oct 7 & 8, 2013 so hopefully there will be others we can get together with a water taxi to/from the hotel. A lot more pricey than when I stayed at the Locando Orseolo in 2009 but a very desireable location. When I checked pricing for the room we had at a "cheap" hotel last year by Piazza Roma I was shocked to see a price of E310/nt for the dates I wanted. Yikes, it wasn't worth anywhere near that.

Jackie

I cancelled my reservaton at Al Ponte Antico in favor of staying at the Locando Orseolo. The pricing I got from them allowed me to do 3 nights instead of two. Didn't want anyone to think I had two hotel reservations.

Jackie

Carolyn R
February 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
I agree Dorothy. I don't know if it is possible to change the name but we could always start a new thread called something obvious like Royal Princess 10/09/2013 Chat Board. Then we could keep the main CC roll call mostly business with a link to the "chatty" board. I like your idea of giving the chat link to people when they sign up for the spreadsheet. That way everyone will feel included.

Lynda90
February 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
I managed to nab a room at Locando Orseola for three nights - Oct. 6-9 so if anyone want to share a water taxi to/from let me know.

Jackie
Jackie, we are also staying at the Locando for the same 3 nights. We would be more than happy to share a water taxi with you and perhaps there will be another couple to join us. I can't remember how many people they hold but I'm sure three couples would fit just fine. We will have to see what our flight schedules are which won't be for awhile.

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM
I agree Dorothy. I don't know if it is possible to change the name but we could always start a new thread called something obvious like Royal Princess 10/09/2013 Chat Board. Then we could keep the main CC roll call mostly business with a link to the "chatty" board. I like your idea of giving the chat link to people when they sign up for the spreadsheet. That way everyone will feel included.

CarolynR, I believe you can email the admin of this board and they will change the name for you especially if you explain that the present name will be confusing.

I cancelled my reservaton at Al Ponte Antico in favor of staying at the Locando Orseolo. The pricing I got from them allowed me to do 3 nights instead of two. Didn't want anyone to think I had two hotel reservations.

Jackie

What was the rate you were quoted at the Al Ponte Antico? Thanks

sasha'smom
February 21st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Not sure where to post, so here I am too. We will be joining you if the price is right. What a gorgeous ship, and am glad they Re changing up the itinerary a bit, or we probably wouldn't have even considered it again. We'll be glad to be with you again, and happy to hear Dorothy will be with us too this time. If we go, we will definitely stay at the Marriott Airport again, so if others do, we can share a car to the ship.

Won,t have much time to chat, but definitely want to be included in everything we do together and on private tours.

Talk to you soon.

Warm regards,
Eileen

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 03:52 PM
Jackie, we are also staying at the Locando for the same 3 nights. We would be more than happy to share a water taxi with you and perhaps there will be another couple to join us. I can't remember how many people they hold but I'm sure three couples would fit just fine. We will have to see what our flight schedules are which won't be for awhile.

Lynda,

I e-mailed the Locanda Orseola to see who they recommend using. I know a lot of us are staying there, probably about 5 or 6 couples so maybe we can get a couple of water taxi's arranged when we work out the logistics of flights. But the first order of business is to get booked on the Royal.:)

Jackie

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM
What was the rate you were quoted at the Al Ponte Antico? Thanks[/quote]

Dorothy, I was quoted 320E/nt for a standard room with a courtyard view. The Locanda Orseola was about 70E/nt cheaper and I got a canal view, so I used that to justify staying three nights instead of two;)

Jackie

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Not sure where to post, so here I am too. We will be joining you if the price is right. What a gorgeous ship, and am glad they Re changing up the itinerary a bit, or we probably wouldn't have even considered it again. We'll be glad to be with you again, and happy to hear Dorothy will be with us too this time. If we go, we will definitely stay at the Marriott Airport again, so if others do, we can share a car to the ship.

Won,t have much time to chat, but definitely want to be included in everything we do together and on private tours.

Talk to you soon.

Warm regards,
Eileen

Welcome, Eileen! This looks like it will be a real reunion cruise.

bronxgirl25
February 21st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone,

Talk to you soon.

Warm regards,
Eileen

Eileen! So nice to see you here. Glad you are comin' aboard! Hope all is well.

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not giving up on this notion of figuring out a good way to have sub threads for things like sharing watertaxis, tours etc. After reading the rules of who can qualify for a sub-forum here at "Friends of Cruise Critic," it looks like perhaps we can get a forum started here with a name like "Royal Princess Maiden Transatlantic Travel Plans" or something like that. Then we could have as many threads as we wanted about whatever things we wanted - even the weather :D. So, I sent another e-mail back to the person who answered my first one and we'll see what she says. I think it would be very easy then to put a link to that site in signatures so when we post on the Royal Princess Roll Call people could go to the travel planning site for specific topics.

Perhaps I'm obsessive about this, but I remember the complaints that people couldn't find information in previous R/C's and I also remember how much info was lost when the thread was closed down and archived. I see on the Royal Princesss Roll Call Kylea_S has posted and she was on a Royal Caribbean t/a last fall that had similar problems because it got so big (bigger than the RHR thread)!

Carolyn R
February 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM
I'm not giving up on this notion of figuring out a good way to have sub threads for things like sharing watertaxis, tours etc. After reading the rules of who can qualify for a sub-forum here at "Friends of Cruise Critic," it looks like perhaps we can get a forum started here with a name like "Royal Princess Maiden Transatlantic Travel Plans" or something like that. Then we could have as many threads as we wanted about whatever things we wanted - even the weather :D. So, I sent another e-mail back to the person who answered my first one and we'll see what she says. I think it would be very easy then to put a link to that site in signatures so when we post on the Royal Princess Roll Call people could go to the travel planning site for specific topics.

Perhaps I'm obsessive about this, but I remember the complaints that people couldn't find information in previous R/C's and I also remember how much info was lost when the thread was closed down and archived. I see on the Royal Princesss Roll Call Kylea_S has posted and she was on a Royal Caribbean t/a last fall that had similar problems because it got so big (bigger than the RHR thread)!

Ann, I've been thinking that your spreadsheet accomplished a lot of those objectives. The thread may have closed but we never lost the info on your spreadsheet. I think the biggest complaint was that we spent too much time chattering about things other than the cruise. Now we can chatter all we want and leave the roll call for cruise business. In the end, whatever you want to do is fine with me. :):)

I did email CC to ask if I could change the title of this thread to Royal Maiden TA Chat Room.

cruis

ibfern
February 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
I am sorry, I did not realize this was just for you reunion folks. I'll go ahead and post my questions on the other roll call and forgive me for barging in on your thread.

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
Ann, I've been thinking that your spreadsheet accomplished a lot of those objectives. The thread may have closed but we never lost the info on your spreadsheet. I think the biggest complaint was that we spent too much time chattering about things other than the cruise. Now we can chatter all we want and leave the roll call for cruise business. In the end, whatever you want to do is fine with me. :):)

I did email CC to ask if I could change the title of this thread to Royal Maiden TA Chat Room.

cruis

Great! Thanks, Carolyn,I feel so at home here. :cool:

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 05:12 PM
I am sorry, I did not realize this was just for you reunion folks. I'll go ahead and post my questions on the other roll call and forgive me for barging in on your thread.

Nope you are not barging in at all. I look forward to meeting you. Please feel free to post often. I don't think anyone is planning the cruise before this one YET.

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM

Amelia, this is absolutely not just a reunion cruise thread. Please do join us here and ask whatever you like. We are just a chatty bunch of people and found this was a place we can do it without bogging down a Roll Call with our chatter. I for one hope you'll join in. :):)

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 05:40 PM
What was the rate you were quoted at the Al Ponte Antico? Thanks

Dorothy, I was quoted 320E/nt for a standard room with a courtyard view. The Locanda Orseola was about 70E/nt cheaper and I got a canal view, so I used that to justify staying three nights instead of two;)

Jackie[/quote]

Thanks, Jackie. A little too pricey for me. Yu guys got all the good rooms at the LO so I will be looking around for something else this time around. I have stayed there 4 times so a I will be looking at other areas.

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM

Jackie

Thanks, Jackie. A little too pricey for me. Yu guys got all the good rooms at the LO so I will be looking around for something else this time around. I have stayed there 4 times so a I will be looking at other areas.[/quote]

Dorothy, I don't know how good my room is (Room #22) but they said it has the same view as room #25 that we stayed in the last time and that view was great. I so enjoyed waving to the people in the gondolas as the gondolier sang "O Solo Mio".

Jackie

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Talk to you soon.

Warm regards,
Eileen

Welcome Eileen.

Ann is right, as usual - this is looking more like a reunion cruise every day.

Jackie

SOLIVITA LADY
February 21st, 2012, 05:51 PM

Everyone is welcome on this thread. It is just that there are a lot of us who cruised together on the Ruby last year who are planning on booking the Royal next year. We are a friendly group and always have room for more Cruise Critic friends. New and old friends are welcome. Please continue posting with us and add any contributions you want to or just read as we chat away.

Jackie

Lynda90
February 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Lynda,

I e-mailed the Locanda Orseola to see who they recommend using. I know a lot of us are staying there, probably about 5 or 6 couples so maybe we can get a couple of water taxi's arranged when we work out the logistics of flights. But the first order of business is to get booked on the Royal.:)

Jackie
Sounds good!

ibfern
February 21st, 2012, 07:16 PM
Nope you are not barging in at all. I look forward to meeting you. Please feel free to post often. I don't think anyone is planning the cruise before this one YET.

Amelia, this is absolutely not just a reunion cruise thread. Please do join us here and ask whatever you like. We are just a chatty bunch of people and found this was a place we can do it without bogging down a Roll Call with our chatter. I for one hope you'll join in. :):)

Good! The last thing I want to do is be rude and butt in where I don't belong. :)

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Good! The last thing I want to do is be rude and butt in where I don't belong. :)

Amelia, if we don't answer your questions, don't hesitate to ask them again. Sorry, I didn't answer sooner but didn't know for sure if someone might be interested in doing the cruise before ours. :cool:

dsawyer
February 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
Sounds good!

Lynda, I knew you would like that hotel. Its special!!!

Carolyn R
February 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM

Amelia, Are you kidding? You are Cruise Critic family. It is only because of you that I met Fabrizio. I guess you could say that we are transatlantic addicts. Some of us first sailed together on the Ruby TA in 2009 and kept in touch. A lot of us then booked again in 2011 and picked up lots of great people along the way. We got some criticism for being too chatty and clogging up the roll call. This is an attempt to have a chatty place for anyone on the cruise so we can talk about anything or nothing and get to know one another.

Sunviking
February 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Carolyn, Al and I are in a very pleasant rut. We did our first transatlantic from Venice in 2007 along with a bunch of the other folks here including Dorothy. (We were the Emerald Jets that year.) Then we did it again in '08 and '09. In 2010 we made a big change :D - we went from Barcelona transatlantic. And of course last year we were back to the regular Venice to FLL. Sometimes I think we need to do something else but we like just one very long flight and we love the stops on this cruise. I do have to make it to Australia; I haven't been there and it's the last continent I have to walk on. But, as long as Al is working and won't take more time off that will have to wait.

ibfern
February 21st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Amelia, Are you kidding? You are Cruise Critic family. It is only because of you that I met Fabrizio. I guess you could say that we are transatlantic addicts. Some of us first sailed together on the Ruby TA in 2009 and kept in touch. A lot of us then booked again in 2011 and picked up lots of great people along the way. We got some criticism for being too chatty and clogging up the roll call. This is an attempt to have a chatty place for anyone on the cruise so we can talk about anything or nothing and get to know one another.

Thanks Carolyn. I did the 2009 Spring Ruby TA and I am definitely addicted to transatlantics and Fabrizio! :)

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Talk to you soon.

Warm regards,
Eileen

Welcome to you and Mark.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
Lynda, I knew you would like that hotel. Its special!!!

Dorothy;

Did you and Joe book the L/O for your pre-cruise stay in Venice.....:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM

Carolyn;

Well said my dear.....:):):)

Bob

Adventurous Grandmom
February 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Come on... Surely traveling with all of us again beats different ports :)
You are right--the company is definitely important!! :) However as Nicki said--We are not getting any younger. We will definitely be looking for the prices in March. Kathy

sasha'smom
February 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
A beautiful sunny morning in So. Ca. to thank you for welcoming us. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting new ones as well.
Eileen

Carolyn R
February 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
This board if now officially the Royal TA Chat Room.

dsawyer
February 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
This board if now officially the Royal TA Chat Room.

Thanks, Carolyn! This should work just fine. :)

Also, if your van is full with Fabrizio, I will do something different. I really wanted to be with you in his van but I understand so does everyone else. :D

dsawyer
February 22nd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Dorothy;

Did you and Joe book the L/O for your pre-cruise stay in Venice.....:):):)

Bob

Not sure what we will do yet. You got my room!!! :D

Sunviking
February 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Well, I'm going to be one of the first to do irrelevant chatting. As many of my fellow former RHRs know I have had recurrent problems with my car (which is not quite 2 years old and only has 13,000 miles on it -I don't really drive a lot). Anyway here I sit at the car place waiting for something to be reprogrammed. I got in it after leaving Costco and every light on the dash was on and stayed on! It freaked me out. I had to stop at home because I had stuff that needed to be refrigerated. Naturally when I got back in the car all the lights were off, but we're supposed to go out of town this weekend and wanted to take my car. I don't trust the thing and thought perhaps with all these computers in cars now they could check it out. They think a reprogramming will do the trick. I think we may have to take Al's car instead.

Carolyn R
February 22nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
I am so honored that so many have expressed wanting to be in my van with Fabrizio, or is it Fabrizio that should be honored? In actuality, my van was almost filled before I even reserved it. He does have lots of vans and many very good drivers so feel free to contact him at allarounditaly.net

dsawyer
February 22nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
I am so honored that so many have expressed wanting to be in my van with Fabrizio, or is it Fabrizio that should be honored? In actuality, my van was almost filled before I even reserved it. He does have lots of vans and many very good drivers so feel free to contact him at allarounditaly.net

Thanks, anyway, Carolyn. :)

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 22nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hello, hello, hello - :) Ann, Dorothy, Lynda and Bob. :) Carolyn and others!

Jack and I are "in discussions" about when to cruise on the Royal. We just got home from 2 week Caribbean cruise (love that warm weather). Can't really complain since it's pretty darn nice in New Bern today and tomorrow. 75 degrees!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. If we decide to book, I will check back in with this chat line down the road. You are a great group and I know you will have fun. We are sort of thinking about Singapore next year.

Jack still talks about the day he went to Rome with 7 pretty women and Fabio (sp). One handsome guy I hear!!

We are booked on the 2013 - 49 day SA Grand cruise and I have only read about 30 pages - so I need to pay attention to that and try to get on some tours. Again, chairing a big fundraiser took over my life. For the next year I am saying NO to everyone that ask for help. I'm tired and need to learn to relax and do things for ME!

It's wonderful to see all the ole "Ruby Fames" names. Now talk about some fun chatter. Remember Jon from England and all his poems, Denise and her countdown, Ann's bright "good morning" gllitter and Dorothy's cheerful notes. Pam, Lynda and I did our part too. So many wonderful people. Sounds like you had the same with you Ruby Reds!

All the best and big hugs to all!!
Franky

dsawyer
February 22nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry I missed your call. I sent you an email a few days ago but don't know if I have your correct email address.

Hope you and Jack book this cruise.

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry I missed your call. I sent you an email a few days ago but don't know if I have your correct email address.

Dorothy;

Looks like some arm twisting is in order......:):):)

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Well, I'm going to be one of the first to do irrelevant chatting. As many of my fellow former RHRs know I have had recurrent problems with my car (which is not quite 2 years old and only has 13,000 miles on it -I don't really drive a lot). Anyway here I sit at the car place waiting for something to be reprogrammed. I got in it after leaving Costco and every light on the dash was on and stayed on! It freaked me out. I had to stop at home because I had stuff that needed to be refrigerated. Naturally when I got back in the car all the lights were off, but we're supposed to go out of town this weekend and wanted to take my car. I don't trust the thing and thought perhaps with all these computers in cars now they could check it out. They think a reprogramming will do the trick. I think we may have to take Al's car instead.

Ann;

Any Electrolux issues to go along with the vehicle issues......:D:D:D

Bob

Lynda90
February 22nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hello, hello, hello - :) Ann, Dorothy, Lynda and Bob. :) Carolyn and others!
Jack and I are "in discussions" about when to cruise on the Royal.
All the best and big hugs to all!!
Franky
Hi Franky, sure hope you guys decide to cruise with us. You and Jack were so much fun and I'm really looking forward to cruising with you again. Please choose this cruise! :p

Sunviking
February 22nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Ann;

Any Electrolux issues to go along with the vehicle issues......:D:D:D

Bob

You can't see it, but I'm knocking on wood and crossing my fingers as I write that we haven't had any appliance problems lately. Uh, oh, I shouldn't have said that :eek:

Anyway, my car has been reprogrammed and on the way home no lights came on. Fingers crossed for that too!

Sunviking
February 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi Franky! It would be nice to see you and Jack too, but I have to say that when we cruised from Singapore a long time ago, it was one of our favorite voyages.

It's amazing how volunteer work can become a full time job. I know how that is :)!

bronxgirl25
February 22nd, 2012, 07:55 PM

Ann....sorry you are still having problems with the car. I know how you feel as we've had the same with ours. Unfortunately for us, and I assume you, the same thing hasn't happened 3 times to invoke the lemon law! :mad:
We are going away this weekend also and we are seeing Jackie and Rich and Ginger and Wes! Can't wait. My friend is also in from London and we are seeing them too, so it promises to be a great weekend.

Sunviking
February 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Marcia, have a wonderful time and give everyone a hug from me. Try to convince Ginger and Wes to book the Royal cruise, and your friends from London too. We're going to DC on a shopping trip. We need some things we can't find here.

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 22nd, 2012, 08:09 PM

Lovely to hear from all of you. I feel your excitement about this cruise.
I will check in down the road.

Best to all!
Franky

Dorothy - email is fpwaters@suddenlink.net

dsawyer
February 22nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Lovely to hear from all of you. I feel your excitement about this cruise.
I will check in down the road.

Best to all!
Franky

Dorothy - email is fpwaters@suddenlink.net

Yes, that's the email address I have. I'll resend it.

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
You can't see it, but I'm knocking on wood and crossing my fingers as I write that we haven't had any appliance problems lately. Uh, oh, I shouldn't have said that :eek:

Anyway, my car has been reprogrammed and on the way home no lights came on. Fingers crossed for that too!

Ann;

Good news about your car. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both your vehicle and the Electrolux. I consider myself lucky we've never had an issue with our Electrolux fridge. Funny thing about the fridge, I happen to run into a repairman on a call a week or so ago. He told me that Electrolux refrigerators are junk.....

Bob

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Only:

595 Days
003 Hours
043 Minutes
019 Seconds.....:):):)

Bob

Julia’s Journey’s
February 22nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Only:

595 Days
003 Hours
043 Minutes
019 Seconds.....:):):)

Bob

Oy, a bit early to start this countdown :)

bronxgirl25
February 22nd, 2012, 09:46 PM

Carolyn...can you tell us who is in your van so those that are not can make other arrangements.

Woobstr112G
February 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Oy, a bit early to start this countdown :)

Julia;

Never too early to start a countdown.....:):):)

Bob

bronxgirl25
February 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Marcia, have a wonderful time and give everyone a hug from me. Try to convince Ginger and Wes to book the Royal cruise, and your friends from London too. We're going to DC on a shopping trip. We need some things we can't find here.

Thanks Ann and you have a great weekend also. It will be my pleasure to give hugs from you. I do intend to try and convince Ginger and Wes.

Hornet
February 22nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
We're going to DC on a shopping trip. We need some things we can't find here.

Shopping for wine to replace all those bottles you had to throw out?:D Have fun on your weekend. Ann, I think your car must be too high tech.;)

Hornet
February 22nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
I spent the day in Chicago with girl friends today and we saw a wonderful theater production of South Pacific and I knew every song - loved it. Since we were in the city I ended up buying tickets for two more shows. For June I got "Bring It On" and next month we'll see Iceman Cometh with Nathan Lane and Brian Dennehy.

Lots of walking today and I am so ready for bed. Good night......
Gail

Sunviking
February 22nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Shopping for wine to replace all those bottles you had to throw out?:D Have fun on your weekend. Ann, I think your car must be too high tech.;)

You're right, Gail. We have to replenish the supply!

How's the new driver doing?

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
I spent the day in Chicago with girl friends today and we saw a wonderful theater production of South Pacific and I knew every song - loved it. Since we were in the city I ended up buying tickets for two more shows. For June I got "Bring It On" and next month we'll see Iceman Cometh with Nathan Lane and Brian Dennehy.

Lots of walking today and I am so ready for bed. Good night......
Gail

Gail;

Sounds like a great day in Chicago.....:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 23rd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks Ann and you have a great weekend also. It will be my pleasure to give hugs from you. I do intend to try and convince Ginger and Wes.

Is that the same Ginger and Wes listed on the roll call for the 49 day Grand SA cruise? She is hosting our M&G.

Franky

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 23rd, 2012, 12:30 AM
Yes, that's the email address I have. I'll resend it.

Dorothy, try clicking on this fpwaters@suddenlink.net

Still nothing from you. I checked my spam folder.

F

bronxgirl25
February 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Is that the same Ginger and Wes listed on the roll call for the 49 day Grand SA cruise? She is hosting our M&G.

Franky

I believe it is, and if I remember, :( I will ask her Friday night.

sue & jerry
February 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hi Gail.
Saw your name on this thread, and thought I'd say hello. We met on the Island princess last May (because of your suggestion we bought the nail polish for our granddaughters).
We, too, are planning on booking the Royal TA. Hope all is well with you and your family.
We had to cancel our plans for the 2011 TA from Venice, so this will be very special for us as we have never been to Venice.
Sue (& Jerry)

Hornet
February 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Gail.
Saw your name on this thread, and thought I'd say hello. We met on the Island princess last May (because of your suggestion we bought the nail polish for our granddaughters).
We, too, are planning on booking the Royal TA. Hope all is well with you and your family.
We had to cancel our plans for the 2011 TA from Venice, so this will be very special for us as we have never been to Venice.
Sue (& Jerry)

Sue - It will be great to see you and Jerry again. I remember you canceled for something you had to do with your granddaughter. We will for sure plan some get togethers while on the cruise....we have lots of catching up to do.
Gail

Hornet
February 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
You're right, Gail. We have to replenish the supply!

How's the new driver doing?

Well, he is loving his new status as a driver. He drove by himself to his workout club and said it felt so weird to be driving alone in the car. Things have changed so much since my kids got theri license. The 16 yr old drivers are only allowed one other young person in the car with them - which I think is good - they can have more if it's an adult. I asked my DD what the insurance cost was to add him and she only said....a lot (even with his good grade discount).

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/Aspoiledbratt/Day%20Pix/Good%20Morning/a5355d13.gif

Good morning everyone. Hope all have a great Thursday......:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/Aspoiledbratt/Day%20Pix/Good%20Morning/a5355d13.gif

Good morning everyone. Hope all have a great Thursday......:):):)
Bob

Bob - you and Ann do this so well. Such happy glitter!! Everytime I try ... it does not work. I can send glitter emails to friends but I do not seem to be able to insert on CC postings. Any secrets directions you can send my way. Thanks! fpwaters@suddenlink.net

It was fun to cruise with both of you in Hawaii las Feb. Give my best to Holli!

Have a good day!
Franky

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Bob - you and Ann do this so well. Such happy glitter!! Everytime I try ... it does not work. I can send glitter emails to friends but I do not seem to be able to insert on CC postings. Any secrets directions you can send my way. Thanks! fpwaters@suddenlink.net

It was fun to cruise with both of you in Hawaii las Feb. Give my best to Holli!

Have a good day!
Franky

Franky;

Nice to hear from you. Holli & I very much enjoyed our cruise with you on the Golden. Sure hope you can sail with us on the Royal. I think Dorothy is getting ready to twist your arm again.

As fas as the glitter, I find most of my pictures on photobucket. I also use my own pictures from my flickr page. I'm not an expert, but I think it's got something to do with the pictures stored on a website. If I take pictures from photobucket, I just copy the image code which is listed below each picture. I then past the code to the message on CC. If I use a picture from my flickr page I simply view all sizes, select the size I want, and then copy and paste the picture to the message on CC. Hopes this helps.

Take Care.....:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
Franky;

Nice to hear from you. Holli & I very much enjoyed our cruise with you on the Golden. Sure hope you can sail with us on the Royal. I think Dorothy is getting ready to twist your arm again.

As fas as the glitter, I find most of my pictures on photobucket. I also use my own pictures from my flickr page. I'm not an expert, but I think it's got something to do with the pictures stored on a website. If I take pictures from photobucket, I just copy the image code which is listed below each picture. I then past the code to the message on CC. If I use a picture from my flickr page I simply view all sizes, select the size I want, and then copy and paste the picture to the message on CC. Hopes this helps.

Take Care.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob. Since this is a "friendly" chat group. I will make an effort one day ... since our group will not get mad at me.

Franky

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks Bob. Since this is a "friendly" chat group. I will make an effort one day ... since our group will not get mad at me.

Franky

Happy to be of service.....:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Dorothy - I sent email to Denise to invite her to come chat. Perhaps she and Brian will consider the fall cruise.:):)

Franky

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Saw this item in the "ask a question" forum. This online slideshow application is really cool and simple to use.....:):):)

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0404-bd2a-7ceb

Bob

Carolyn R
February 23rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
I am so looking forward to going back to Venice. I cannot get enough of that place. Last fall before the Ruby TA I spent three days there solo but met up with CC friends for a wonderful lunch in Murano after visiting the Jewish ghetto and two dinners, the most memorable at al Vecio Pozzo, great risotto!. I never had a bad meal and drank lots of wonderful Italian wine. The Rialto produce and fish market was a highlight for me. I also bought a 36-hour vaporetto pass and was a little intimidated at first but used it a lot and became quite comfortable. I loved how they announced the next stop by saying "nexta stopa". I found that upon arriving in Venice before a cruise checking your large pieces of luggage at either the baggage check at Piazzale Roma or the Santa Lucia train station made the most sense. I just took my carryon to the hotel and it didn't matter how many bridges I had to cross.

My best purchase before our TA last fall was a 100% waterproof raincoat. I had promised to lead a pilgrimage to the Coop for wine the morning of sailing. It was teeming rain that morning and I stayed totally dry except for my shoes and the very bottom of my pants. What an adventure!

Woobstr112G
February 23rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
I am so looking forward to going back to Venice. I cannot get enough of that place. Last fall before the Ruby TA I spent three days there solo but met up with CC friends for a wonderful lunch in Murano after visiting the Jewish ghetto and two dinners, the most memorable at al Vecio Pozzo, great risotto!. I never had a bad meal and drank lots of wonderful Italian wine. The Rialto produce and fish market was a highlight for me. I also bought a 36-hour vaporetto pass and was a little intimidated at first but used it a lot and became quite comfortable. I loved how they announced the next stop by saying "nexta stopa". I found that upon arriving in Venice before a cruise checking your large pieces of luggage at either the baggage check at Piazzale Roma or the Santa Lucia train station made the most sense. I just took my carryon to the hotel and it didn't matter how many bridges I had to cross.

My best purchase before our TA last fall was a 100% waterproof raincoat. I had promised to lead a pilgrimage to the Coop for wine the morning of sailing. It was teeming rain that morning and I stayed totally dry except for my shoes and the very bottom of my pants. What an adventure!

I brought a cheap poncho with me. I actually put it on wrong (if you can believe it:D) and got soaked on my trip to the Coop. The wine and other spirits I bought however made up for the wet clothes.....:):):)

Bob

Sunviking
February 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
I love Venice too. I love wandering around and just looking at the sights on each of the little canals you encounter. Last year we wound up someplace we hadn't been to before between Accademia and San Marco. We were on little streets that were no more than alleys and found some wonderful art galleries and mask shops. I'm not sure I could find them again, but they were lovely. We've had wonderful meals and great wines - frequently house wines. Our other favorite place on the itinerary is Barcelona. What a great city to wander around in!

Katie and I will be spending 3 land nights and one onboard in Venice in July. It will be her first time in Venice and my first time there in July :eek:. All I can picture is HOT and MOSQUITOES! But that's where she's ending a concert tour so it seemed like the thing to do. On the other end we'll spend a couple of days in Rome (also sure to be HOT) and get to see things one doesn't on a day tour.

dsawyer
February 23rd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Dorothy - I sent email to Denise to invite her to come chat. Perhaps she and Brian will consider the fall cruise.:):)

Franky

Great! Hope she joins us here and also on the cruise. :cool:

Woobstr112G
February 24th, 2012, 09:07 AM
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/mommywallace/Weekdays/WeeKend_Polar_Bear.jpg

Good morning to all my fellow RHR (Ruby/Royal) friends. Hope everyone has a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Just curious - how many postings did the Red Hot Rubies end with? Or has it not ended? :D I think I recall reading that the posting got high and CC lost some pages or something like that. I think the Ruby Flames went over 5000 mark!

See below from my friend Barb. She is on the Star Princess now for 30 days. She loved Rio. We go for 49 days next January. I can't wait!

I only mention this since she comments how large their thread grew. So I really appreciate having the Royal Chat Room and the regular thread. Maybe it will help keep the thread from exploding!! Thanks Carolyn! Franky
----------------------------------------------------------------------

From Barb:
Franky, our thread for the full 30 day cruise had the most postings and hits of any cc thread ever and by almost double and second half thread amen in as second most. Your 49 day will be very active.

We have met some great people and see them a lot for dinners, tours,etc. will probably meet many more.
Time for Horizon Court!
Barbara

sasha'smom
February 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM

Lots of walking today and I am so ready for bed. Good night.....

Gail

Hi Gail,

I wonder if your friends would be up for a sing along. It,s great, silly fun.i've done it with Sound Of Music and Wizard Of Oz and even the most serious minded had a blast. You can make it as simple or surprising as you want. All you need is a DVD of whatever musical you choose (you need to
Choose one that the girls at least know the melodies to) and set the player on subtitles and the words come on the screen and everyone sings along. For Sound of Music he words only came on for the songs which was perfect. I made some props for them to use as they sang certain songs. It was a blast and they still talk about it. You don't have to be a good singer...no one cares...it's just fun!

Eileen

sasha'smom
February 24th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Will someone give me a link to the other thread too. I don,t want to miss anything and I,m getting email notifications on this thread when you chat, but not the other one and I can't remember how to find it. Is it an official roll call or somewhere special?

Thanks. Have a great weekend everyone.

Eileen

volvodoll
February 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Will someone give me a link to the other thread too. I don,t want to miss anything and I,m getting email notifications on this thread when you chat, but not the other one and I can't remember how to find it. Is it an official roll call or somewhere special?

Thanks. Have a great weekend everyone.

Eileen
Hi Eileen. Try http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572401&page=9
This is for the most current page.

Judy

sasha'smom
February 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hi Judy,

Looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks for the link (wow! what fast service:)). So is the roll call link where all of you are going to post, or are you mostly posting here? Sorry...just a little confused with the special links you have now and I want to at least read the chats even if I don't have time to write all the time.

Eileen

volvodoll
February 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hi Judy,

Looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks for the link (wow! what fast service:)). So is the roll call link where all of you are going to post, or are you mostly posting here? Sorry...just a little confused with the special links you have now and I want to at least read the chats even if I don't have time to write all the time.

Eileen
This current link was set up to help eliminate all the chatter from the official site. We turned many new members off last year & had so many complaints from folks that our rollcall was too difficult to navigate as it was congested with unnecessary chatter & non-cruise related tidbits. We can still have that interaction here & the leave the official rollcall for more cruise related business. This has good intentions but I'm not too sure how sucessful it will be. We'll see - time will tell.

Judy

Judy

Woobstr112G
February 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
This current link was set up to help eliminate all the chatter from the official site. We turned many new members off last year & had so many complaints from folks that our rollcall was too difficult to navigate as it was congested with unnecessary chatter & non-cruise related tidbits. We can still have that interaction here & the leave the official rollcall for more cruise related business. This has good intentions but I'm not too sure how sucessful it will be. We'll see - time will tell.

Judy

Judy

Judy;

I think it will work out okay. There might be some duplicating of posts on both threads for such things as trying to fill private excursions, etc but the main intention to keep the non-cruise chatter off the main roll call thread should work.

Bob

hokiefans
February 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Great! Hope she joins us here and also on the cruise. :cool:

Franky

Hi Dorothy!

I'm here! We will consider it!

denise

dsawyer
February 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Hi Dorothy!

I'm here! We will consider it!

denise

Hi Denise! Great to see you here. I hope you guys will join in on all the fun as we have a great group starting.

billco
February 24th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Judy;

I think it will work out okay. There might be some duplicating of posts on both threads for such things as trying to fill private excursions, etc but the main intention to keep the non-cruise chatter off the main roll call thread should work.

BobHow do you tell folks on the Roll Call that they might want to be posting on this forum without offending anybody? It isn't a problem now, because there isn't any real information out there, but things could get crazy in the weeks ahead.

Lynda90
February 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
How do you tell folks on the Roll Call that they might want to be posting on this forum without offending anybody? It isn't a problem now, because there isn't any real information out there, but things could get crazy in the weeks ahead.

My take on this is that Volvodoll (Judy) said it better than anyone with her last post :"This current link was set up to help eliminate all the chatter from the official site. We turned many new members off last year & had so many complaints from folks that our rollcall was too difficult to navigate as it was congested with unnecessary chatter & non-cruise related tidbits. We can still have that interaction here & the leave the official rollcall for more cruise related business. This has good intentions but I'm not too sure how sucessful it will be. We'll see - time will tell."

Judy, I couldn't agree more!!;)

Julia’s Journey’s
February 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM

Aubrey and I also headed to the coop in the rain to pick up some wine for other LOL, those guys didn't want to get wet LOL, they know who they are!!
I also picked up some balsamic creme there, which I have never tried. We enjoyed the walk even in the rain.

Lynda90
February 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Aubrey and I also headed to the coop in the rain to pick up some wine for other LOL, those guys didn't want to get wet LOL, they know who they are!!
I also picked up some balsamic creme there, which I have never tried. We enjoyed the walk even in the rain.
It wasn't me but I've got a very good idea who it was!! :rolleyes: We also went to the coop. Twice if I remember correctly. Great prices on the wine.

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 24th, 2012, 10:03 PM
My take on this is that Volvodoll (Judy) said it better than anyone with her last post :"This current link was set up to help eliminate all the chatter from the official site. We turned many new members off last year & had so many complaints from folks that our rollcall was too difficult to navigate as it was congested with unnecessary chatter & non-cruise related tidbits. We can still have that interaction here & the leave the official rollcall for more cruise related business. This has good intentions but I'm not too sure how sucessful it will be. We'll see - time will tell."
Judy, I couldn't agree more!!;)

Judy, Lynda - I agree, but perhaps a "condensed version" with the same message. We can email as a bulletin that will go out often. It can be set up to go on this "chat line" and also the main thread. Maybe by Monday we will have the perfect wording. :):)

Happy Week-end, Franky

bronxgirl25
February 24th, 2012, 11:17 PM

It wasn't me but I've got a very good idea who it was!! :rolleyes: We also went to the coop. Twice if I remember correctly. Great prices on the wine.

Hmmmm, who could it have been that you were so nice to go get wine for??? It went down very well! :rolleyes::D:p;)

Woobstr112G
February 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
How do you tell folks on the Roll Call that they might want to be posting on this forum without offending anybody? It isn't a problem now, because there isn't any real information out there, but things could get crazy in the weeks ahead.

I think that a polite reminder from time to time wouldn't offend anyone. One idea that comes to mind is when some joins the roll call in addition to being welcomed they could be advised of the chat thread.

Bob

billco
February 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I think that a polite reminder from time to time wouldn't offend anyone. One idea that comes to mind is when some joins the roll call in addition to being welcomed they could be advised of the chat thread.

BobThat's a great idea. It is just that I have never run into anything like this. First-there two very active forums for a cruise that is still two weeks away from being able to book. Second-it looks like everybody already knows each other and are great friends. To me, this has all the ingredients of an incredible experience. After this, I may not need to add any more to my bucket list.

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 03:26 AM
That's a great idea. It is just that I have never run into anything like this. First-there two very active forums for a cruise that is still two weeks away from being able to book. Second-it looks like everybody already knows each other and are great friends. To me, this has all the ingredients of an incredible experience. After this, I may not need to add any more to my bucket list.

Trust me, this will be an incredible experience. The 19 months to go will be an incredible eperience of getting to know your fellow cruisers while planning this wonderful journey. An added bonus will be the setting up, of what I'm sure will happen, of pre cruise get togethers of geographically close r/c members.

The biggest thing, as stated by others, is that with our roll call from the 2011 T/A simply became too big. We did in fact scare away new members with the amount of chatter we had making the r/c thread hard to navigate; a good portion of it non cruise related. The problem was that CC had nothing but individual threads to handle this roll call. When our old r/c thread was given its own forum it was a cool moment.. Now with a whole forum, we could create individual threads. When the r/c for the Royal T/A started Carolyn R came up with the brilliant idea of the non cruise related chatter thread. This will make the Royal r/c thread much easier to naigate for specific cruise related stuff.

Bob

Carolyn R
February 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Yea! It has been snowing all night, actually our first good dump of the winter! The only downside is today is my grandson Hugh's second birthday and I will be stuck at home.

I agree with Bob. When someone comes to the roll call Ann always welcomes them and says to email her if they want to be included on the spreadsheet etc. and she will send them the link. Maybe she could also add that they would also receive the link to the chat board. Is that OK with you Ann? I have also added the link to both the roll call and the chat room to my signature.

Another thought about our name for this cruise. I don't think it is up to us here to decide on a name. That in itself could potentially alienate people. I think we should wait until bookings open and have it be decided by the cruisers old and new on the official roll call board. What does everyone else think?

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Good Morning All,
Are there any movie enthusiast out there? Well, I am and I anxiously look forward to tomorrow night. I will be watching them alone since Jack has no interest. Perhaps I will get a mini bottle of champagne and put on my fanciest pajamas and look for George Clooney as often as the camera allow. :) Now how does that sound?
When I lived in CA I hosted a “women only” soup/salad dinner for about 10 neighbor women. To say the least – there were a few Monday morning hangovers.
This link has a ballot to make watching more fun.
http://o.aolcdn.com/os/movies/awards/2012-oscar-ballot (http://o.aolcdn.com/os/movies/awards/2012-oscar-ballot)
Happy Sat.
Franky

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Another thought about our name for this cruise. I don't think it is up to us here to decide on a name. That in itself could potentially alienate people. I think we should wait until bookings open and have it be decided by the cruisers old and new on the official roll call board. What does everyone else think?

Carolyn,
How gracious and considerate. I 100% second that suggestion.
Sorry you will miss grandson's birthday party.

It's 70's down here in NC. Enjoy your beautiful snow.
Franky

cristine
February 25th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Some of you may have already seen these pictures of the Royal. I think you get a better perspective of the ship than the ones posted on Princess's site. It looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/princesscruises/sets/72157626143345353/

Christine

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yea! It has been snowing all night, actually our first good dump of the winter! The only downside is today is my grandson Hugh's second birthday and I will be stuck at home.

I agree with Bob. When someone comes to the roll call Ann always welcomes them and says to email her if they want to be included on the spreadsheet etc. and she will send them the link. Maybe she could also add that they would also receive the link to the chat board. Is that OK with you Ann? I have also added the link to both the roll call and the chat room to my signature.

Carolyn;

I soooo miss the snow of upstate New York:( Too bad about missing your grandson's birthday.

As far as the name goes, I agree we should wait till bookings open up. I am however alread partial to a somewhat familiar name.....:):D:)

Bob

Carolyn R
February 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Carolyn;

I soooo miss the snow of upstate New York:( Too bad about missing your grandson's birthday.

As far as the name goes, I agree we should wait till bookings open up. I am however alread partial to a somewhat familiar name.....:):D:)

Bob

What? Red Hot Royal Stars? :D

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM
What? Red Hot Royal Stars? :D

Something like that.....:):D:)

Bob

dsawyer
February 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I agree that it should not be up to us to pick a group name but the entire group should decide. And if they weren't a Red Hot Ruby or a Ruby Star I'm sure they will prefer something different.

I have lots of friends who were in my Ruby Flames group and we loved that name, as well. :)

dsawyer
February 25th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Some of you may have already seen these pictures of the Royal. I think you get a better perspective of the ship than the ones posted on Princess's site. It looks beautiful, can't wait to see it in person.

Christine

Thanks for posting the photos. I had not seen these. :cool:

volvodoll
February 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I agree that it should not be up to us to pick a group name but the entire group should decide. And if they weren't a Red Hot Ruby or a Ruby Star I'm sure they will prefer something different.

I have lots of friends who were in my Ruby Flames group and we loved that name, as well. :)

Hi there Dorothy. I've missed chatting with you! Remember all the nonsense that stirred up when members tried to name the Grand cruise? Hopefully that won't ever be revisited.

Anyway I thought of 3 silly names that can be thrown into the pot when the RC is ready to vote!

How about "The Royalties", "The Royal Jewels" & "The Royal Family"? I know it's premature now but if I don't write it down right away they will be gone in 10 minutes! With the name Royal we will have all kinds of possibilities & with everyone putting on their thinking caps we'll have a slew to choose from.

I wonder since the Royal will be in Southampton for it's inaugural cruises if Princess Kate will do the honors christening her. After all wouldn't it be fitting for a Royal Princess to christen the "Royal Princess"?

Judy

dsawyer
February 25th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I certainly do remember the banter and don't relish a repeat of that conflict. I could never understand why some thought a group name was worth fighting over. :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you this time for sure.

dsawyer
February 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Where are you? Sent you guys a link to this thread and hope you join us. :D

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I certainly do remember the banter and don't relish a repeat of that conflict. I could never understand why some thought a group name was worth fighting over. :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you this time for sure.

Dorothy;

I wouldn't care if I was called anything from A-Z. I'll be on (hopefully) the brand new Royal Princess on the inaugural T/A.....:):):)

Bob

Lynda90
February 25th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Hi there Dorothy. I've missed chatting with you! Remember all the nonsense that stirred up when members tried to name the Grand cruise? Hopefully that won't ever be revisited.

Anyway I thought of 3 silly names that can be thrown into the pot when the RC is ready to vote!

How about "The Royalties", "The Royal Jewels" & "The Royal Family"? I know it's premature now but if I don't write it down right away they will be gone in 10 minutes! With the name Royal we will have all kinds of possibilities & with everyone putting on their thinking caps we'll have a slew to choose from.

I wonder since the Royal will be in Southampton for it's inaugural cruises if Princess Kate will do the honors christening her. After all wouldn't it be fitting for a Royal Princess to christen the "Royal Princess"?

Judy
Carolyn, I rather like The Royal Family. Please keep that one alive when we actually have a real roll call. :p

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM

I'd hate to impose another thing on Ann. Maybe whoever welcomes, as a lot do, can also say it.

I agree about deciding the name after we all, hopefully, book and do it on the main board.

Carolyn, I had asked in another post, who is in your van with Fabrizio so those who are not, can make other arrangements. Maybe you didn't see it. Can you please let us know.

Lynda90
February 25th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Good Morning All,
Are there any movie enthusiast out there? Well, I am and I anxiously look forward to tomorrow night. I will be watching them alone since Jack has no interest. Perhaps I will get a mini bottle of champagne and put on my fanciest pajamas and look for George Clooney as often as the camera allow. :) Now how does that sound?
When I lived in CA I hosted a “women only” soup/salad dinner for about 10 neighbor women. To say the least – there were a few Monday morning hangovers.
http://o.aolcdn.com/os/movies/awards/2012-oscar-ballot (http://o.aolcdn.com/os/movies/awards/2012-oscar-ballot)
Happy Sat.
Franky
Hi Franky, my friend, Joan, is hosting an Academy Awards party. Too bad you don't live closer. Joan was on the last Ruby Venetian Passage cruise with us. We are all bringing stuff including wine. So it will be a fun time. I think it starts (red carpet, etc.) at 4 PM on the west coast. I love movies and have seen many of the ones up for awards. I loved George Clooney in "The Descendants." :p

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Good Morning All,
Happy Sat.
Franky

Me, me, me, me! Love them! Can't wait. Thanks for the ballot. I too will be watching alone as David could care less even though we go to the movies a lot.

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM

Judy

I don't think it should have anything to do with Flames, Red Hot, Stars or Gems. We are completely different. I like Royal Jewels....because we are! :p

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Some of you may have already seen these pictures of the Royal.

Christine

Christine, I love that site. :) I sent to about 12 friends from our Emerald cruises last April and Sept and 6 have already placed calls to their TA. Others are seriously considering joining us. I think your link helps!

:)Thank you so much!
Franky

sasha'smom
February 25th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Me, me, me, me! Love them! Can't wait. Thanks for the ballot. I too will be watching alone as David could care less even though we go to the movies a lot.

We have a girls only Oscar party every year. We've done it for 21 years now. Every year we pick a theme and dress accordingly (and decorate accordingly). This year it is Paris/French for Paris at midnight (or whatever that movie was called). You should have seen us the year we did Titanic (oops, maybe I shouldn't be mentioning that movie around here LOL)....We get together early enough so we can watch the celebs arriving on the red carpet. We even have our own red carpet for picture taking and a large cardboard Oscar someone at a movie rental place gave to us many years ago. I just can't believe how quickly the year goes before we're back to figuring out the new theme for that year. Of course champagne and food and goodies.....what fun!!!

Julia’s Journey’s
February 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM

Nope it wasn't you but I'm surprised you went in the rain LOL and got your hair wet. Has M used here balsamic creme, I have no idea what to use it for, any idea's. Maybe I will wait for strawberry season :)

Julia’s Journey’s
February 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm, who could it have been that you were so nice to go get wine for??? It went down very well! :rolleyes::D:p;)

Are you at home, I thought you were going to Orlando this weekend?

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM
:DHi Franky, my friend, Joan, is hosting an Academy Awards party. Too bad you don't live closer. Joan was on the last Ruby Venetian Passage cruise with us. We are all bringing stuff including wine. So it will be a fun time. I think it starts (red carpet, etc.) at 4 PM on the west coast. I love movies and have seen many of the ones up for awards. I loved George Clooney in "The Descendants." :p

That is not Joan Mize ... is it? Sounds like a fun party. I have seen a number of the movies, but missed Descendants due to last cruise.
He gets my vote anyway!!:D:D

Have FUN at your party!
Franky

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM

Marcia, have fun. Just wish you were my neighbor!

Enjoy!!
Franky

Sunviking
February 25th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Good afternoon everyone! We've had a long day of shopping and I've got my feet up to give them a break.

Carolyn, once we start booking I'll be happy to include links to this thread when I welcome people and invite them to send info for the spreadsheet. That's no problem at all.

I agree that if we have a name, the whole group should be involved. I don't really care what is picked as long as it's not something really cheesy. I've seen a few group names that I really thought were kind of dumb and I would not want to refer to myself as.

Gail, we accomplished our mission to resupply our wine rack :D. When we did our most recent remodeling project and I moved all the stuff from the dining room, I managed to ruin a bunch of the wine we had stashed away.

Well, enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
We have a girls only Oscar party every year. We've done it for 21 years now. Every year we pick a theme and dress accordingly (and decorate accordingly). This year it is Paris/French for Paris at midnight (or whatever that movie was called). You should have seen us the year we did Titanic (oops, maybe I shouldn't be mentioning that movie around here LOL)....We get together early enough so we can watch the celebs arriving on the red carpet. We even have our own red carpet for picture taking and a large cardboard Oscar someone at a movie rental place gave to us many years ago. I just can't believe how quickly the year goes before we're back to figuring out the new theme for that year. Of course champagne and food and goodies.....what fun!!!

WOW - wish I could be at your party! Perhaps you can take a few photos and email to me next week. Sounds like a fabulous evening!
Franky fpwaters@suddenlink.net

Sunviking
February 25th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Oh, I forgot to say that over on the Princess board there has been lots of speculation that Kate will be the Godmother of the Royal Princess (I hope she is because it seems very fitting to me). Anyway, some of our fellow cruisers who are British pointed out that she is not a princess (yet!) but rather is the Duchess of Cambridge. We colonists don't have our royals straight :D. She's close enough to a princess for me!

SOLIVITA LADY
February 25th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh, I forgot to say that over on the Princess board there has been lots of speculation that Kate will be the Godmother of the Royal Princess (I hope she is because it seems very fitting to me). Anyway, some of our fellow cruisers who are British pointed out that she is not a princess (yet!) but rather is the Duchess of Cambridge. We colonists don't have our royals straight :D. She's close enough to a princess for me!

I would love for Kate to be the Royal's Godmother. A very modern lady for a very modern ship:o

Talking about Oscars, has anybody seen "The Artist". I've been checking around here and can't find it playing anywhere near me.:mad:

I'll probably be watching alone too as I don't think Rich is interested. Marcia, if you lived near me (hint, hint) we could watch together.

Jackie

Lynda90
February 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
:D

That is not Joan Mize ... is it? Sounds like a fun party. I have seen a number of the movies, but missed Descendants due to last cruise.
He gets my vote anyway!!:D:D

Have FUN at your party!
Franky
Nope, it's my bff since we were 11. She went with me when we met Joan M. for lunch a year or so ago.

Lynda90
February 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Nope it wasn't you but I'm surprised you went in the rain LOL and got your hair wet. Has M used here balsamic creme, I have no idea what to use it for, any idea's. Maybe I will wait for strawberry season :)
Couldn't care less about hair getting wet. Joan and I went on a tour in Cannes and that was one of the most miserable days I've seen in a long time. Drenched through and through! I don't know what M did with the balsamic creme. Knowing her, she still has it! I still have a little bottle of creamed limoncello or something like that. It's on display. :p

dsawyer
February 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Sounds like fun! I hope all who are attending parties will have a great time and good luck to your favs! :D

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM
This tapatalk app for the I-Phone/Pad is really cool. Makes posting on CC so convienent.....:):):)

Woobstr112G
February 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I'd like to get everyone's input on a Sabatinis question. I was watching the atrium video (again:D) and I noted the narrative mentioned an "al a carte" menu. Does this mean the menu will change from the way it was on the Ruby?

Bob

SOLIVITA LADY
February 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I'd like to get everyone's input on a Sabatinis question. I was watching the atrium video (again:D) and I noted the narrative mentioned an "al a carte" menu. Does this mean the menu will change from the way it was on the Ruby?

Bob

Bob, from what I remember on the Ruby it was al a carte. You picked one appetizer, one pasta, one entree and one dessert. I actually liked the old menu better where you got a taste of all the appetizers, pastas and desserts and only picked out your entree.

Jackie

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Are you at home, I thought you were going to Orlando this weekend?

We are in Orlando....have laptop, will travel! ;):D

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Marcia, have fun. Just wish you were my neighbor!

Enjoy!!
Franky

I would love for Kate to be the Royal's Godmother. A very modern lady for a very modern ship:o

Talking about Oscars, has anybody seen "The Artist". I've been checking around here and can't find it playing anywhere near me.:mad:

I'll probably be watching alone too as I don't think Rich is interested. Marcia, if you lived near me (hint, hint) we could watch together.

Jackie

I wish I could be both your neighbors also. It's not as much fun alone!
Jackie...I love the magic of coming up here without living here :D But I sure would love watching with you. You could move down near me :D
I'd love for Kate to be the Royal's godmother also. It's funny because I think most people call her Princess Kate. I have no idea why The Queen made her Duchess and William is Duke AND Prince? Makes no sense to me.

bronxgirl25
February 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Bob, from what I remember on the Ruby it was al a carte. You picked one appetizer, one pasta, one entree and one dessert. I actually liked the old menu better where you got a taste of all the appetizers, pastas and desserts and only picked out your entree.

Jackie

I agree, that's the way it was. Especially since we ate there together :D

SOLIVITA LADY
February 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I wish I could be both your neighbors also. It's not as much fun alone!
Jackie...I love the magic of coming up here without living here :D But I sure would love watching with you. You could move down near me :D
I'd love for Kate to be the Royal's godmother also. It's funny because I think most people call her Princess Kate. I have no idea why The Queen made her Duchess and William is Duke AND Prince? Makes no sense to me.

Marcia, would love to live near you but it would be too far from the grandkids. It is 2 hrs now and if I were down by you it would be a good 5 hrs. each way.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend up here in Disney. I know we had fun with you guys and Ginger and Wes on Friday night.

Jackie

Woobstr112G
February 26th, 2012, 02:08 PM

Jackie

Jackie;

You're right. When I first heard it, I thought they would possibly start charging per item. Reason for this way of thinking was I seem to remember sometime ago reading where another line was trying al a carte pricing.

Bob

Julia’s Journey’s
February 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
We are in Orlando....have laptop, will travel! ;):D

Hope you are having a good time :)
Have you been to see the mouse ?

bronxgirl25
February 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Hope you are having a good time :)
Have you been to see the mouse ?

We had a great time. Home now. Friday night we had a great dinner with Jackie, Rich, Ginger and Wes.
Saturday we saw our friends from England and had a great time with them as well.
No, didn't go to see the mouse this trip, although his little face is all over the place.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo274/marcia25/mickey3.gif

Sunviking
February 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Back from NoVA. For any of you who know the Virginia area, we drove from Pentagon City to Newport News in 2 hrs. and 10 mins. and we were being passed by other cars. We have never seen traffic as light on I-95 S as it was today!

What a weather weekend! When we left home it was 82°. On our way to the winery in Charlottesville we encountered the weather front and rain and the temp. on the car's thermometer dropped 25° in 3 minutes. Saturday AM we had sun when we woke up. Five minutes later from our hotel window we saw a blizzard and then the sun came out again. The rest of the day was sunny but very cold and blustery.

We had a lovely trip and found the things we were looking for - plus we had some nice meals (set my diet back).

Anyway, Emma is glad to be home. I no longer watch the Oscars. I used to love watching just to see the gowns. But now that I can see those online (in fact I just saw some celebs on the red carpet before coming here) I'll stick to other things.

Bob, I would be very surprised if Princess decided to charge for a la carte items at Sabatinis.

Woobstr112G
February 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Back from NoVA. For any of you who know the Virginia area, we drove from Pentagon City to Newport News in 2 hrs. and 10 mins. and we were being passed by other cars. We have never seen traffic as light on I-95 S as it was today!

What a weather weekend! When we left home it was 82°. On our way to the winery in Charlottesville we encountered the weather front and rain and the temp. on the car's thermometer dropped 25° in 3 minutes. Saturday AM we had sun when we woke up. Five minutes later from our hotel window we saw a blizzard and then the sun came out again. The rest of the day was sunny but very cold and blustery.

We had a lovely trip and found the things we were looking for - plus we had some nice meals (set my diet back).

Anyway, Emma is glad to be home. I no longer watch the Oscars. I used to love watching just to see the gowns. But now that I can see those online (in fact I just saw some celebs on the red carpet before coming here) I'll stick to other things.

Bob, I would be very surprised if Princess decided to charge for a la carte items at Sabatinis.

Ann;

Sounds like you had a great weekend.....:):):)

Bob

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Good Morning All:

Hope all you Oscar fans enjoyed the show. Last year DH and I had a $10 bet and he won. This year our bet was for $1 since we have not seen a few of the top films. Bless his heart, he does not not watch Oscars but he will bet with me so I have fun at "my own party." I had difficulty toward the end staying awake to see Best Actor and Picture. In my opinion, George gets more handsome every year.

As always, some of the gowns were truly lovely!

:)Happy Week to All:
Franky

Carolina Cruisers 2
February 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Good Morning All:

Hope all you Oscar fans enjoyed the show. ! Franky

The AA "Cirque du Solei" was great fun to watch last night. If you missed and would like to check out. Here is link but you may find something better on You Tube. Rushing out to gym. Franky

http://www.mostwatchedtoday.com/ (http://www.mostwatchedtoday.com/)

Hornet
February 27th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Franky - I Tivo'd the Oscars last night and watched what I wanted - not all the speeches. I loved the Cirque show too. I thought it was a good show - at least better than some other years. Usually I don't watch much of it - but recording it make it much faster/better.
Gail

Hornet
February 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Ann - Glad you were able to replenish the wine supply. Now - don't wait so long to drink it all. :D

We're dog sitting my DD's dog for this week and she watched TV with me last night. She was really interested when there was a scene with the dog barking - so funny. That reminded me of Emma and her TV watching.

Woobstr112G
February 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a good Monday. Please keep Holli in your thoughts as she was admitted to the hospital last night with some stomach issues. She's in a lot of pain and not too happy about having to stay in the hospital overnight. I came home around 0230 to get some sleep and will be headed back to the hospital around 0900. Hopefully when I head back to the hospital later we'll have some better idea of what's going on and how soon before I can bring her home.

Take Care All

Bob

bronxgirl25
February 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning to all. Hope everyone has a good Monday. Please keep Holli in your thoughts as she was admitted to the hospital last night with some stomach issues. She's in a lot of pain and not too happy about having to stay in the hospital overnight. I came home around 0230 to get some sleep and will be headed back to the hospital around 0900. Hopefully when I head back to the hospital later we'll have some better idea of what's going on and how soon before I can bring her home.

Take Care All

Bob

Very sorry to her this Bob. Hope all will be OK and Holli will be released today.

Sunviking
February 27th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Bob, please tell Holli that our thoughts and prayers are with her. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Hornet
February 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Bob - please let Holli know we're thinking about her and hope she will be back home today and without pain.