Did you cry when you saw its beauty?

MONYMONY68

When I visited FP for the 1st time back in 2002, I marveled at the beautiful colors of the sea, the warm hospitality of its people and their simple life. When I left, I cried, vowing to return one day. Fast foward 10 years, my dream is coming true; we are booked on the March 31st PG cruise with pre and post cruise stays in Moorea & Papeete.

I cried with huge tears running down my face in November 2009 our 5th PG cruise. The ship was moving from Regent and I felt we would never go again and nothing would be the same. The worst was on the final evening when they sang the PG song. Tears in my eyes when I wished our PG family goodbye.... and then we returned last year and the PG is going strong and in some ways even better. Now we have vowed to go at least every two years or as often as we can until we are able to .

I cried with huge tears running down my face in November 2009 our 5th PG cruise. The ship was moving from Regent and I felt we would never go again and nothing would be the same. The worst was on the final evening when they sang the PG song. Tears in my eyes when I wished our PG family goodbye.... and then we returned last year and the PG is going strong and in some ways even better. Now we have vowed to go at least every two years or as often as we can until we are able to .

Ditto (except it was 2008). Thanks for sharing another reunion with the staff of the Paul Gauguin last summer!

True story-when my wife was raising her children, if they misbehaved she threatened to leave them and go to Tahiti. She and I were both widowed about the same time, and we met through a grief support group.

She casually mentioned wanting to go to Tahiti since she was 17. I pulled out the PG brochure, and told her to pick a date. She in her mind said "yeah, sure". About a month later, we were having lunch together, and I pulled out our tickets, and said, "Here is your ticket to Tahiti"

You talk about tears!

She did not have a passport, so she had to apply for one. She had to call her son to get his exact address as next of kin on the form, and he asked why she needed it. She told him she was running away to Tahiti and hung up the phone.

That story and pictures are on our website.

We were married in 2007 on the island of Santorini, and have done quite a bit of traveling. We had a number of trips booked, but got an offer from PG for a cruise at 70% off! Well, my wife said we had too much on our plate, but I snuck inside and put the South Pacific CD on. When they played Bali Hai in the overture, she yelled, "That is not fair!" So we went on the cruise.

We will be celebrating out 5th anniversary in November, and will be on the PG from Tahiti to Fiji. I know they do a neat ceremony with a Tahitian blanket and we are looking forward to it!

True story-when my wife was raising her children, if they misbehaved she threatened to leave them and go to Tahiti. She and I were both widowed about the same time, and we met through a grief support group.

She casually mentioned wanting to go to Tahiti since she was 17. I pulled out the PG brochure, and told her to pick a date. She in her mind said "yeah, sure". About a month later, we were having lunch together, and I pulled out our tickets, and said, "Here is your ticket to Tahiti"

You talk about tears!

She did not have a passport, so she had to apply for one. She had to call her son to get his exact address as next of kin on the form, and he asked why she needed it. She told him she was running away to Tahiti and hung up the phone.

That story and pictures are on our website.

We were married in 2007 on the island of Santorini, and have done quite a bit of traveling. We had a number of trips booked, but got an offer from PG for a cruise at 70% off! Well, my wife said we had too much on our plate, but I snuck inside and put the South Pacific CD on. When they played Bali Hai in the overture, she yelled, "That is not fair!" So we went on the cruise.

We will be celebrating out 5th anniversary in November, and will be on the PG from Tahiti to Fiji. I know they do a neat ceremony with a Tahitian blanket and we are looking forward to it!

I just wanted to say that that is one of the most romantic stories I've heard. So happy for both of you.

Archived